8.2

1. Nov 25, 2014
    I liked this game, nice title by Ubisoft (company that i dont like too much). Funny, well-staged story and nice graphics. Hopefully continue on this path.
  2. Nov 23, 2014
    The game doesn't run very well on a high-end AMD videocard (7900 series) - even at lowest settings it can become a slideshow at times (particularly while flying a kite and doing circles before you land) ... Apparently this game was tailored for Nvidia users and AMD users can pretty much go @#$! themselves. Classy, Ubisoft. I see this gem for what it is, though: if you ignore the minor inconveniences with crafting and having to bounce back and forth for components, this is a beautiful game. It would get an 8.5 if it didn't lag with a beefy videocard. Expand
  3. Nov 19, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is the ultimate power fantasy, and I mean this as a compliment. Yeah, lots of games let you take back strongholds with bazookas and flamethrowers, but few offer an experience as smooth as Far Cry's. Combat is the perfect balance between stealth and firefighting, letting you sneak behind bushes or aim explosives at everything in sight. The hunting side quests are also a ton of fun.
  4. Nov 15, 2014
    Basically a more open-world version Tomb Raider with some key differences. First, the narrative isn't nearly so tight. Second, menu navigation, tutorials and the like feel clunky and confusing. Third, too much narrative and opening exposition. I've been playing for an hour and all I've done is shoot a couple pigs and pick flowers.

The narrative structure was executed top-notch in
    Tomb Raider, but in Far Cry 3 it's already feeling like work because the story is just too been-there-done-that. We didn't come to Far Cry 3 for story. We came to Far Cry 3 for action and great game mechanics, and if this game doesn't start delivering soon, into the trash it goes. Expand
  5. Nov 15, 2014
    Its a fair game, with many positive regards to nature and beautiful world to explore. I just wish the intro was less stupid and less american-like. The multiplayer is questionable, but that's understandable in this kind of game.
  6. Nov 11, 2014
    Picked this up along Blood Dragon in the last Steam sale and feck me but this game rocks! The story is great, the world just begs to be explored and the main protaganist is pure insane. A must for any open world gamers.

Also, make sure to pick up Blood Dragon if you were an 80's and 90's gamer and action film fan.
  7. Nov 8, 2014
    Great game. On the con side: some issues with scripted missions i.e. player agency taken away which comes as a bit of a surprise when your used to the freedom the game gives you in all other areas. Pros: Michael Mando's performance, voice acting and sound work, game progression, involving story and characters that are not one dimensional, a metric f*ck ton of content including half tidy co-op/multiplayer and the ending wasn't bad either! Great value for money game. As an aside with Ubi's shenanigans with uplay/steam and the resolution debacle of AC unity I wont buy Far Cry 4 unless or until they straighten out their priorities - Far Cry 3 was so good and so full of value I thought they actually gave a rats ass about PC gaming as well as consoles. Expand
  8. Nov 8, 2014
    I can only recommend this game at Steam's 75% off price.
    FC3 has much the same problems FC2 had. Gameplay may have improved slightly, but its just as dumbed down, arcade and formulaic as last time. The world is still not persistent (which is important in an open world game that has some RPG elements). Corpses and loot vanish within seconds and vehicles just spawn or disappear right next
    to you, and so on. The usual checkpoint save system does not help here either - it does not save often enough and resets everything. The story is more engaging, but felt too unbelievable and often didn't make sense. I also didn't like the OTT drugs-debauchery-insanity-glorified-violence theme. The side-quests are mostly the FedEx variety, and among the worst I have ever seen. The game world has a bit of a theme park feel - everything is too close together (an enemy camp, friendly camp, and hunting range all in the space of a football field or two). Much of the landscape feels man-made, and no where near as impressive and natural as the island in Crysis 1. The enemy AI, which was one of the few really good things in FC2, seems to have been dumbed down in FC3, probably to make the stealth gameplay more accessible. Graphics, while ok, are clearly limited by the Xbox360 specs. Crysis 1 still looks better despite being 5 years older.

Its not all bad though: the flip side to the flaws is that the game is very accessible to casual gamers. Also, the story's ancient temple exploration segments were just as good as the best parts in 2013's Tomb Raider. A pity there was not more of that. FC3 is also a good PC port, including adjustable FOV and mouse acceleration settings.
  9. Nov 5, 2014
    I really don't know what it is that makes this game so great. From the outset, it's mediocre first person shooter with RPG like elements added in. But once played,it seems all too much more. I mean,before I get onto the actual gameplay, let's just get a few things over with. For one, the game looks better then God. Really, the game is amazing. I fell over and went unconscious for a few minutes the first time I climbed the radio tower in the starters zone. Also, the game has a pretty good story. It's a bit cliché, yes,but all the characters are likable,or hateable depending.

With all that nonsense outta the way,let's get into gameplay. It's amazing. It's vastly improved over the previous iterations,but that's not really the thing here. Jason can wield any number of rifles,snottys, RPGs,or even a bow if you so desire, and each one is unique and satisfying. Shooting and stabbing your way through enemies is great,top. But that's not the draw. The draw here is freedom. With the exeption of a few missions,you take on missions however you desire. Grab an RPG,C4, and a LMG, and play Rambo. Go through the bushes with a silent sniper. Grab a bow. Play how you want.
  10. Oct 31, 2014
    OK, Ubisoft, please answer me this : WHY ARE THE CUTSCENES NOT SKIPPABLE ?!?! Why do I have to sit and wait for X minutes and cannot just skip the boring lame animatios ?! The story really really sux, otherwise I would give it much higher score, but I could not even finish the game because I became allergic to the stupid boring cutscenes !!!!
  11. Oct 24, 2014
    First PC game for me to rate 9/10 in many years.

I first have to say that, at this point in 2014 most of the bugs are fixed and what's mentioned in bad reviews is fixed by now so you don't have to worry about technicalities.

In short, it's a open world FPS game similar to Borderlands but with much less RPG elements and much more realistic tendencies. You start off as this very
    vulnerable nobody, stuck in a jungle riddled with pirates and dangerous animals against your will with only knife and a pistol at your disposal. Combat realism is close to Crysis 3 but not as refined – as game progresses you become more powerful and thus combat becomes less realistic but more interesting and challenging. Overall, gameplay is unique and a fresh experience, once you get used to it, it’s very fun!

Story has an interesting set of antagonist but overall, it’s crap overall which is fitting for a FPS, they didn’t even bother to get emotional or anything, it’s basically just there to fulfill the gameplay. It is made up of interesting and challenging missions but often boring un-interruptible cut scenes. The main first antagonist, Vaas, could have been used much more but instead is just occasionally encountered – his appearance and (in my opinion fun) character was unexpectedly minor in the game.

Music is spectacular but rarely heard, only during action sequences, missions and occasional car radio (in game vehicles only seldom have radios).

Visuals are excellent but nothing spectacular, not even close to Crysis 3, which is expected due to its open-world nature and mild hardware requirements. If you had just finished Crysis 3 you’ll be very disappointed but game play makes up for it by far. Unfortunately, NVidia owners will experience small bugs and quirks quite often. There are also unusual FPS drops – switching to window mode and back into full screen (Alt+ENTER) fixes this, luckily it doesn’t happen often.

Gameplay is extremely fun combination of sneaking upon, going all Rambo on or avoiding enemies. It’s not as refined or realistic as Crysis 3 but it’s in my opinion more fun! It can get spooky, very exciting, fun and even quite funny at times. Game awards you a lot of points for being sneaky but you can easily finish the game in a very… um, explosive manner! If you opt out for Rambo style, game “awards” you by bringing reinforcements which means even more fun and more xp points. If you’re a stealthy assassin, game awards you extra points for various available methods of murdering enemies and staying undetected till the last enemy. You don’t have to pick just one style, there are three “skill trees” but if you play all side missions, quests and kill a lot of pirates, you can get easily all the skills. Small part of the game is made up of collecting herbs, items and such RPG style crap but time-wise it’s less than 2% of the gameplay.

The only serious criticism I have is the fact that you have to kill some animals to obtain things like a bigger loot sack. There’s even a side mission where you have to blow up “rabid” dogs with an RPG or kill a bunch with a flame thrower. Seriously? What’s next, killing ebola-infected babies with a flame thrower? Whoever made these missions is IMO a serious hazard to society. I understand if there’s an option to do something (e.g. you can murder children in some D&D games) but a mission dedicated to it is a whole new level of sick.
  12. Oct 23, 2014
    It was entertaining enough to make you finish it. And it was good enough to re-play if you get bored. And it is great to test out a new GPU or CPU. However I did not think the any of the characters where likable. Vaas was the only interesting one. But most people would rather not play as a spoiled trust fund kid doing a poor job of playing tough guy. Also the graphics were not bad. But they were not as near as good as advertised. But the AAA on the PC version did clear it up a lot. Honestly it was not bad. But many things in the game could have been much better. You can tell it was pretty much Far Cry 2's engine with a texture upgrade and a new map and new story. And I will not be surprised to see Far Cry 4 with the same engine. But do not get me wrong It is not a bad engine. And there is nothing wrong with reusing a game engine as long as it stays with today's standards. But I think they could have done better with the texture upgrade. And surely the writers could have done better than a trust fund kid as the main character! So I give it a 4 out of 10. And I think a 4 out of 10 is more than fair for this game. The prices for games now is way too high and this game was no exception. This is another reason for my score. And the cost of the game should always reflect the review score if the reviewer is being honest. Expand
  13. Oct 23, 2014
    This game really set the bar high for any possible successors. Took the best things from Far Cry 2 and improved on it. Ubisoft really listened to their fan base. Played this game 3 times and I'm still going.
  14. Oct 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I found this game to be an outrageous disappointment. It has all the ingredients for excellence that are swamped in a terrible plot line, unpleasant user interface and a 'final boss' who is defeated by a quick time event. The question I kept asking myself throughout was 'why aren't I playing Just Cause 2?', the plotline is also awful but at least the means you are given to explore the world are a lot more engaging. Here is a cold clinical list of why I believe the plotline is awful.

1. At no point does Jason question anything that is going on. He doesn't ask whom Dennis is, whom Citra is, why they care about him, and despite personal tragedy he is very quick to abandon his girlfriend ,family and friends for this lifestyle that he has been living in for less than a week.

2. Contrived plot drivers - I stared at a man from a chopper for around 5 seconds while he armed an RPG and then fired at me. Why didn't I just shoot him? I survive because Vaas, the psychotic killer shoots me only once, and happens to hit a lighter in my pocket, how cliché, in terms of plot clichés that is one rung up from 'and it was all a dream'. I have to fight Buck with a knife despite holding a submachine gun seconds prior. Hoyt, with just one guard comes to see me and Sam after beating up Riley. Why didn't Sam armed with a knife just kill him then? Why don't I snipe the guy through his window? Why don't I fire an RPG at him through the window?

3. Filler. 'Collect the compass pieces to get a knife for a guy you immediately kill and then no explanation is really made about how this relates to anything...' This section constituted a good chunk of plotline wherein nothing was actually happening. I guess it's trying to deliver some of the lore of the island but I'd already stopped caring by this point. Buck is unarmed - why does Jason not just kneecap the idiot and torture his friend's location out of him?

Aside from this, the game is painfully easy. Very quickly you are inundated with too much ammo, free weapons and more money than you can carry. I played on hard mode and didn't need to employ any tactics whatsoever. I began using stealth, but I realised that it was just quicker to walk around with an LMG shooting at people because dying is pretty hard to do if you've got enough medicine.

The game only comes alive when you avoid doing any missions and you can pretend that your character isn't such an annoying dullard. I got a kick from locating the radio tower and then liberating the outposts while exploring the terrain, skinning the animals etc. Alot of good gameplay elements are there but are left to fall by the wayside as the abomination of the main plotline looms over you in the guise of a textbox that pops up in the top lefthand corner reminding you to 'Do an arbitrary thing or Explore the Island'.

This game is initially very fun and if I had been writing this after a couple of hours of playing it I would have given it an 8 or a 9 out of 10. The problem is that after a great opening sequence, everything goes Doolally. Your character undergoes a seismic shift from a compelling scared holiday-goer to a massive 'insert expletive of choice here' hellbent on revenge all of a sudden as opposed to going back home with his friends who seem to be the only ones with a functioning sense of proportion. The user interface kills the immersion which would otherwise I think set the game apart, the unvaried terrain - although pretty, gets rather boring after a time, the only NPCs that don't come across as psychopaths are Jason's friends whom, he eventually decides aren't hallucinogenic enough for him. My recommendation would be to just pick up a copy of Just Cause 2 or if you've already played it just play it again because you'll have a much more rewarding experience.
  15. Oct 16, 2014
    For me it's one of my favourite games. It was awesome. Do you still remember all of these hereos in this game? Yes I do. Great soundrack anyway. Huge map, You can play it your own way. You play it how long you want. Great graphic. I really glad that I could try this game.
  16. Oct 13, 2014
    They basically took all the gameplay elements of an Assassin's Creed game and adapted them for Far Cry. Towers in Assassin's Creed become camps in Far Cry. Viewpoints become radio towers. Swan diving into a hay stack becomes ziplining. And it works. It's simple and keeps you coming back.

The shooting mechanics and animations are fantastic. The crafting, the tattoo system, the
    weapon upgrading, it all works wonderfully. And there is plenty of content. And co-op which I haven't yet tried.

The story is very good despite not making sense most of the time. The voice acting is excellent for the most part, however the islanders all have the same **** voice and look identical. Story takes about 20-30 hours depending on how fast you go. The soundtrack (composed by Brian Tyler) is amazing.

Unfortunately there's Uplay, and parts of the game don't look that great thanks to the last-gen potatoes. Strangely, I had trouble maintaining 60 fps at higher than Medium settings, but MSAA and High textures weren't a problem. Noticed some occasional stuttering for whatever reason, but nothing too bad. Vsync was a little finicky.

I do wish there was a little more to Far Cry 3. The gameplay design felt very conservative and tried-and-true. I would like to see some new things in Far Cry 4.
  17. Oct 5, 2014
    Pretty good game, specially with a good PC as most of the views of the island are beautiful at high definition rate.
    This game is a classic but good FPS to play with.
    Do not hesitate when you see special offers for this game.
  18. Oct 4, 2014
    Requires Uplay. No more need be said, but:

I cannot access the game because I do not maintain a Uplay account. I do not maintain a Uplay account because I don't want to go down the rabbit hole of bloating my hard drive with a new DRM/rootkit/spyware application for every developer and publisher attached to every game I own -- nor do I want to burn my resources opening a game inside of a
    DRM environment inside of a DRM environment inside of...

I maintain a Steam account. Steam verified my purchase. Ubisoft has my money; I have no game. Because I refuse to pay for the "privilege" of helping Ubisoft to use Steam as a platform to bolster their direct competition with Steam.
  19. Sep 27, 2014
    A 2 year old game that still look's better then every game till date! The story is grate and the Wildlife is **** amazing!

con: Uplay is still the reason for Japan's high suicide rate!
  20. Sep 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the biggest letdowns of all times for me. I've been waiting for this game for a long time, hoping it would at least meet its predecessor (FC2), which I completely dig and is one of my fav shooter games of all times. But almost everything good from FC2 dissapeared and was instead replaced by totally generic content from nowadays FPSs. First of all, the environment is boring as hell, no characteristic locations whatsoever, all the places feel the same. You dont have any background either, no home or something, so you feel like homeless, still drifting through generic terrain. In comparison with FC2's rich places the design of FC3 feels like a joke. Jungle is everywhere, no differences in environment. You dont even know what time it is, sleeping was removed too. Safehouse is just a building where is box with all the guns usually, this approach isnt forcing you to think ahead at all.
    There is no difficulty in the game from the beginning whatsoever, no hard struggle to obtain weapons, instead you can have access to powerful weapons in an hour by simply going to some transmitters.
    Plus you can make various baggages that allow you to carry more weight than a truck, and yet run like a Usain Bolton around the jungle. The difficulty drastically changes at second half of game, where youre zerged by millions of troopers suddenly and usually dont have any time to think about something else than shooting,reloading and healing.
    The guns can be modified, but I would expect much bigger range of equipment, instead for example assault rifles have usually 3 scopes, which are basically the same, no close/range vs long range assault modifications and so on. Guns do not degrade either, that totally took away realism. Loved when in FC2 the gun jammed, reminding you that you should care about your weapons. Now you can swim two hours in salty water and your machinegun will be still like new. sad.
    Main character of the single player feels like a joke. Sure, I can see some 20 year old dude that came on an island with friends leading some tribe after like a week, shoot sniper rifle like a pro, blowing stuff with C4. Give a machinegun to an average 20 year-old and he will probably shoot himself to a leg accidentaly in like 5 minutes. some ex-pat would be ok, but this? hahaha please. plus he talks all the time, which I almost every time regret.
    Movement is strange, you cant climb things that in reality you would have no problem with, but you have no trouble jumping from falling bridges onto rock floors, climb roots, balance ledges on rusty towers and so on. Plus when you jump from a rock thats little higher than you, you usualy lose more health than if someone shoots you with machinegun. All the time you have to tap some keys or mouse for various actions or cutscenes.
    Missions usually tell you what to do, there is no space for tactical approach and different styles of playing. Also there are tons of cutscenes, for example when you hold flamethrower, then comes a dog around a corner, thrower dissapears and dog jumps at you, forcing you to take knife and stab him. Great, why do I even carry the damn flamethrower.
    The only thing I kinda enjoyed were some characters, Vaas and Buck are nice pair of sadistic maniacs. If you like average shooter, go for it, if you expect some character and new approach from a game, avoid this game.
  21. Sep 21, 2014
    Great story line and awesome game experience. The game itself is quite challenging but never let me down to finish it till the end. I always love the open world concept throughout the game. The visual is stunning and the island environment was convincing.

Unfortunately, there are few things that can be improved, first, when I play on the mission, I cant run from it or I will failed the
    mission itself. Thus, I prefer that I can run from any mission and redo it whenever I want.

Secondly, in any of the difficult mission, once you reach at one of its checkpoint and died during the mission, let say, you just passed through the cave (first checkpoint) and reach the second checkpoint but at this checkpoint, you died being shot by random soldiers. When I was re-spawn or reborn ed which is at the last checkpoint (second checkpoint), the soldiers that hit me was gone. I thought it was glitches but it happened for few times. Hope someone can do something upon this matter.

But overall, the game was great and no regret to spend your 25 hours to play it.
  22. Sep 16, 2014
    Perfect. It has all what you wants: Graphics, story, gameplay. Ther has no week points you see it where you see it is awesome. You can die from a shot, or you can be atacked by a tiger or a shark. You will never remember all the map for his extending. Its **** huge. Perfect game
  23. Sep 16, 2014
    An amazing game, really fun to play, and with outstanding graphics. The controls are really enjoyable, and the history has some flaws, but Vaas character is simply one of the best villains of all game history.
  24. Sep 13, 2014
    Loved the game. From campaign to side mission to collectibles to upgrade weapons and hunting animals! The graphics and gameplay were amazing and the story was really good. It is a must buy.
  25. Aug 30, 2014
    A very good shooter game...Very good graphics and pretty awesome environmental depictions!! The game has very good use of plenty guns! There some annoying animals which sometimes ruin your misions!!
  26. Aug 16, 2014
    Farcry 3 is one of those games were you think why do I ever play multiplayer games. What I'm trying to say is that the game is absolutely beautiful, the gunplay is a mixture of satisfying and realistic, the stealth works great, the enemy ai is for the most part pretty smart, the open world is massive and there is always something to see or do, the story is exciting and tense (it is a combination of pocahontus and taken) you will meet some of the strangest well thought out characters in any game you will ever play. A fantastic fps, open world sandbox and in my opinion it is better than crysis 1. The only critiisimeses I have is uplay because it is just an inconvenience it always needs updating, starting up farcry 3 takes longer because it has to go through steam then start up uplay and it is constantly going offline which disturbs the game, lets be honest no consumer wants uplay to exist but I can get past it to play an awesome game. Expand
  27. Aug 14, 2014
    This is a really good game excellent graphics still in 2014 but... the old problem, the outposts system.. it taked nearly 45 hours to finish this game i loved the story, gameplay is one step further than FC2.

I really disliked the outposts system, i need a new recipe from Ubisoft. They are great of making videogames now they need to move a step further and create new innovative ways to
    explore their huge open worlds. Expand
  28. Aug 12, 2014
    I was expecting a lot from this game and that is what i got. Good graphics, not heavy for the PC, nice controls, nice story, all.
    Single player mode is great (maybe too easy?), feels like you are in a movie. Story is really involved.
    Co-op mode is a great addition as well.
    I really recommend it.
  29. Aug 11, 2014
    What's the definition of insanity? I think Vaas knows. Without him the game would have been without taste. Generally It's an acceptable childish game. The equatorial atmosphere is great but the places aren't so convincing. I didn't like the idea of saving my friends though. A serious mysterious story with a sublime goal would have been much better. The vegetation colors are exaggerated, so are all of those explosions everywhere and action generally. The graphics are bad compared with the previous version which is very rich in graphics. I enjoyed Far Cry 3 but I'm not playing it again. I think I'll play Far Cry 2 because I's balanced and complete in all aspects. Expand
  30. Aug 8, 2014
    Forget about the boring Africa, and welcome to a wonderful tropical island called Rook. Now, it is time for you to become Jason Brody, and learn the survival skills in the jungle, face with many dangerous species, and make some awesome takedowns on the pirates. Far Cry 3 has everything you've could dreamed of. Wonderful gameplay with detail, large open world, stunning graphic, deep, great story and amazing voice acting (at least for the main characters). But remember, just stick to the singleplay, or you'll kill everything that Far Cry 3's built in your heart with uninspiring multiplayer and a ridiculous co-op. Expand
  31. Aug 7, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece. I'm not a big fan of shooters, but this one... well, after long day at work I sit to this game and I just have FUN. A lot of great fun. This is a briliant mix of relaxing shooting and funny exploring. Always something to do. Many nice weapons, very good graphic, nice story. Many options which absorb You totally. This game is a MUST HAVE for everyone who like a good fun.
  32. Jul 31, 2014
    I haven't played THAT much of this game yet, but so far I've found this game extremly underwhelming. Everything feels so generic.

For example the hunting/harvesting (?), leaf a/b/c/d/e and animal hide a/b/c/d/e/f/g... Now can somebody tell my why everything have to be made of several different types of hide? Like to craft a backpack you need... I dunno, goat, a few strips of leopard, a
    patch of tiger... why not make everything out of one (or two) types of hide?! Or are we making a fashion statement, show the barbarians in the jungle how "us citiboys" do it? It feels like such a cheap way to add "content" to the game.

A game like this is all about immersion, and I don't find it very immersive having to go into the menu for crafting etc. Absolutly nothing in the plot, conversations and in general how friendly people talk to you is believable. You are some **** cityboy who knows nothing about survival weapons or anything like that, yet you are the only one who can bla bla bla bla... yeah...
  33. Jul 17, 2014
    Great environment, reasonable combat. Crashes during save a lot. Strives for immersion but then proceeds to force QTEs down your throat such that you lose that immersion. On several occasions (not just once) you mow down an army of people and then a cutscene has you KOed by a simple hit and then you have to escape (again and again). Final mission is one big QTE that doesn't require any skill that you've been honing the entire game. The story is good until the middle when supernatural stuff (which breaks immersion again) gets stupid. Ultimately a good game if you ignore the story and the numerous immersion destroying moments. Expand
  34. Jul 12, 2014
    Liked the game for the open world elements and the graphics are nice. Had a lot of time running around, driving, shooting, swimming, exploring etc, but as a story it's a waste of time. Cliched writing, terrible ending - made the entire endeavour seem pointless.
  35. Jul 8, 2014
    This game is nearly perfect. Great graphics, sounds, gameplay. This game worth every bit of money you pay. But some missions are too hard. 8 out of 10.
  36. Jul 6, 2014
    Really enjoyed this game! Vaas Montenegro is one of my favourite evil video game characters of all time.
    The overall theme had the same flaw at first to storylines like Avatar - white man comes to save the natives - kinda offensive when you think about it. However, the ending turns this on it's head very well. Not going to give spoilers, but all is not what it seems.
    When it comes to
    the ending, I honestly don't see what people were complaining about! I thought it was well played on the part of the writer.
    While fun, there were flaws to the gameplay itself - the AI was often a little buggy and I ended up with WAY too much money and loot very quickly!
    But overall it was a fun experience in a pretty setting. Giving this one a good score!
  37. Jul 3, 2014
    Every now and then, I get an urge to play a good single player FPS. Far Cry has tended to be one of the more challenging, pretty, story-rich, and eccentric single player experiences I've encountered in an FPS. Far Cry 3 did not disappoint in this regard.

After Ubisoft took over development from Crytek after the first Far Cry, the series has taken a decidedly Assassin's Creed (AC
    hereinafter) feel in terms of how information is presented to the player, as well as how the world is revealed to the player. This means a classic AC map interface wherein all of the "stuff" you can do in the game is hidden until you scale tall radio towers (AC: climb tall buildings), fix the radio (AC: look around to see where everything is), and use a zip-line to alight safely back to the ground (AC: jump off tower into bale of hay). At this point, all activities you can partake in are available to you on the map. Once you head out to actually DO activities, the classic Far Cry feel returns. Reasonably challenging enemies that are much more challenging when you run in and try to gun everyone to death (this very well may result in death, in fact it's likely). If you did that in Far Cry (1) you were likely toast.

The environment is a beautiful lush jungle atmosphere with small-to-large villages scattered throughout. There's no way you'll be able to see where everyone you must take out is without doing a little bit of scouting first. THEN, after you've scouted everyone, then maybe you can run and gun successfully, mainly thank in part to the mark that remains on the top of the head of scouted enemies. One other thing to mention, enemies won't let you just sit in cover. They will flank you. They will be aggressive. Running around and using different cover and flanking them yourself is recommended! Oh, and uh, if you've never played a Far Cry before, enjoy the wildlife! They make things very interesting! Especially when they show up while you are trying to take over an encampment/village. And eat you.

Now, I said story-rich...don't take that to mean Pulitzer Prize winning writing. I just meant that this isn't your now-typical 5 hour Call of Duty campaign where you know nothing about the protagonist and those that surround him other than their battle skills. The story is pretty over-the-top, but that's part of the fun. Far Cry never takes itself too seriously and makes the player feel like a badass without making them feel too invincible. The music direction by Brian Tyler is pretty much spot on with some gems thrown in there...think very different types of music put in basically what are the perfect spots. They all fit so well and only added to my personal experience. I especially loved post-rock tracks.

With all the Steam sales Far Cry 3 has seen, I'm willing to bet many of you have already picked it up, and maybe even played it. But for those of you who have not purchased it, it is a solid buy for $30 and an absolute steal at anything $20 and under. If you already own it and it's sitting in your library uninstalled, then I recommend installing it and taking it for a spin. Personally, the experience was very fun and worth the time I spent playing (approx 30-40 hours, closer to 40 and I didn't do every last thing in the game).
  38. Jun 29, 2014
    I really can't believe how bad this game is due to other reviews of it. Very tired of Ubisoft formula. SCORE 41/100.

I thought it just had to be cool. I was let down in nearly every way imaginable. Still shocked how subpar, derivative, repetitive, and poorly designed it was. After beating and selling Watch Dogs (PS4), and then getting this on Summer Sale and really not liking it at all,
    I came to the conclusion I will no longer buy the trinity of Ubisoft open world action games.

If you have played any Assassin's Creed or Watch Dogs, then you've played this. Towers to unlock, stupid collectibles, incredibly poor stealth, no actual cover.

TOWERS ARE SO FAR APART, horrible when you die. This is a perfect example of huge open world that is empty, lifeless, and annoying. So, so annoying.

Inventory is an atrocity, fills up in minutes, herbs don't stack. The driving is even worse than Watch Dogs, if that is possible. You get hurt from very small jumps, it's stupid.

In some ways I am glad I got it on summer sale because I won't ever get another Ubisoft game at full price. I *might* get them for 10 bucks or buy and resell of the PS4, but never ever full price.

And the graphics aren't that great, because Ubisoft is really bad at optimizing game engines. Tomb Raider and Hitman Absolution look much better.

To top it all off, UPLAY IS A NIGHTMARE. It's a terrible service that makes EA's Origin look fantastic in comparison, and that is saying a lot.
  39. Jun 27, 2014
    Ubisoft you did it again!
    Absolutely amazing!
    Memorable characters, Great plot, Interesting side-quests AMAZING weapons and add-ons,
    and I LOVE the outpost-capturing system.
    If this game was a person, i would throw money at him non-stop.
  40. Jun 27, 2014
    Far Cry 3. A little while back I reviewed Far Cry 2, the prequel to this game. I thought it was a little underrated, and I thought Far Cry 1 was overrated. Most people disliked Far Cry 2 because of its meh story and realism, but I loved the game for those reasons, and I thought it was definitely worth playing. As for Far Cry 1, I thought it was little more than a tech demo for the first Crysis. Now I have played Far Cry 3, which takes the game's setting away from Africa, and back to the tropical island type of setting from Far Cry 1. However, it still retains most if not all of the open world freedom of Far Cry 2, and gets rid of most of the realism, and provides a better story. So, is this tropical island a paradise that you will spend hours getting lost in, or is Far Cry 2 still the superior Far Cry game? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is slightly different from its predecessor. Yes, it is still a first-person shooter, and there is still an open world for you to explore, just like the last game. However, this game is slightly different because the game mechanics have been greatly improved. For those of you who were unhappy with the stealth mechanics of Far Cry 2, your prayers have been answered. Stealth is emphasized much more in this game than it was in the last game. It is now much easier to kill enemies quietly when they're not looking. Another improvement this game made on the last one is the inclusion of perks and skill trees. Perks give your character more power, and the more perks you have, the more will be available later on in the game. The skill trees in this game make this game have elements of The Elder Scrolls and Fallout in it, which is always a nice touch, as the perks in both of the former made the games much more enjoyable. The open world has also been improved. There is now much more to do than ever in Far Cry 3. You can assault enemy outposts however you want, help natives on certain quests, and play mini games such as poker and knife throwing. Of course there are also story missions, which have been improved from Far Cry 2, thanks to the game now having a much easier story to follow. Because you can approach this game's missions however you please, the game is much more enjoyable. Stealthy players will find plenty of options to hide in the shadows, and kill enemies. Long range players will be able to use sniper rifles to pick off enemies from a distance. Players who just like to charge in guns blazing will be able to do that too. The AI is also a challenge in this game. The enemies know how to alert allies if you are attacking them, and they also use cover very effectively. This game's AI is among the best I have ever seen in a video game. Even on the easiest difficulty I died several times because of this game's advanced A.I. As for problems with the gameplay, there really aren't very many at all. The only minor gripe I have with the gameplay is that there are a few bugs, but these bugs are few and far between. This game is insanely fun to play no matter how you decide to play it. As for the graphics, I think Crysis has lost its majesty as the best looking PC game I have ever played. This game just barely beats the original Crysis in terms of graphics. Far Cry 3 is a beautiful looking game. Everything in this game is rich with detail, looks very colorful, and looks realistic to boot. The graphics of this game have won my award for the best graphics ever seen in a video game. As for the story, it has also been improved. It may not be as good as some other stories I have seen in video games, but it is still an improvement over Far Cry 2's bland and boring story. You play as a man named Jason Brody, who has to rescue his friends from a band of pirates and mercenaries led by two insane evil men. This time, the premise is good, the characters are well developed, and the plot is smoother and easier to follow than the previous game. The story of this game is fantastic, even though it's not quite as good as other titles. Overall, this game is fantastic. It is a huge improvement over Far Cry 2, as it improved on just about everything that made Far Cry 2 such a great game. I recommend this title to just about anyone who wants to play a video game. Unless of course, they are offended by some of this game's mature content.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Story: 9/10
    Overall: 10/10
  41. Jun 24, 2014
    This game is amazingly fun and incredible addictive but also there are few weaknesses Pros: - Large map to explore including some secrets - A variety of ways to execution: Snipe, Assassin, Rambo, etc. - Interesting side quests such as hunting rare animals - The outpost system is really fun - Weapons customization - Amazed graphics Cons: - Terrible endings in my opinion - The crafting system is somewhat simple
    - Cant shoot while driving which makes me frustrate sometimes

Overall this is still a must-have, especially for who are the fan of this series
  42. Jun 23, 2014
    Maybe my expectations are low. But I was looking for a new kind of game and I found it. I hate hard games where you get stuck, but Far Cry is hard enough. I hate games that are repetitive and require saves and loads and dying. Worse like Dues Ex you have to remember when you saved it and what you did so you don't do it again or miss something (otherwise Dues Ex is great!) Far Cry is the right mixture of RPG and action. I don't like pure action and I don't like RPG's but this combo is excellent. I have found no bugs. It hasn't crashed on me. It runs smoothly. The enemy are as intelligent as they need to be. . I can't give it 10 because maybe Far Cry 4 will be better and I wont know how to score it... How anybody can give it less than 5 I really don't know. Expand
  43. Jun 16, 2014
    Blood Dragon is much better game than this. Okay, I don't want to judge a FarCry's whole main storyline, but acting, dialogs - they are just awful. And Jason is a crying maiden used to talk to himself. AI is a crap, you can kill pirate without sound suppressor, hide near in a small bush - and his friends will forget about you in 30 seconds. And of course they wouldn't trigger the alarm, "there is nothing to worry about". Animals are not better - predators politely warn you with roar, tigers and leopards like to charge prey instead of real hunting. Watching a couple of komodo dragons wiping several patrols of arming men is funny. Quests like "drive this car for 30 seconds from A to B" or "I am a poor woman living in a rubble pile but take this 500 dollars as reward" are just indicate level of creativity put in this game. All that is good in this game - graphics and a relatively big world to explore. Expand
  44. Jun 13, 2014
    One of the best shooters of this generation . the best thing about this game is its open world and RPG elements.Other than the main plot which is pretty good with an awesome antagonist Vaas there r side activities to be done like hunting for exotic animals,crafting , liberating outposts , side missions, mini games etc. the multiplayer is not that fun and is pretty generic but its co op is excellent.the world is Huge with awesome landscape and wildlife. this game is a must have. Expand
  45. Jun 2, 2014
    Definitely get this game if it is on sale for $20 or under, it's packed full of great stealth sequences which are fluid and rewarding, a skill tree packed with innovative and useful perks, excellent gunplay with a medley of interesting weapons, all allowing for your own unique playstyle(burn your enemy out with molotovs, flare guns or flamethrowers, or carefully snipe your enemy with bows and snipers, or even go full out rambo with LMGs and shotguns), and a great, subversive story which isn't so much about a white American stoner going to an island and killing lots of people, as it is about the true cost and insanity of living in a fantasy world and thinking that killing lots of people is a wonderful thing. Some people claim that halfway through the game, it loses its pacing, but for me personally, I think that all the characters are strong enough to keep on carrying the story forward in an engaging fashion, and even if they don't, then the gameplay always feels novel as you experiment with the wide range of guns, takedown techniques, and playstyles to become the ultimate hunter. Expand
  46. May 31, 2014
    Best open-world shooter on the market. Detailed and beautiful jungle enviroment. One of the best looking games made. Great gunplay and many tools to play with pirates. A little naive yet very engaging story that surprisingly has a good ending. You feel like an ultimate jungle badass No crappy DLCs is a welcome change on the market Good and fun progression with animal hunting Good gunplay
    Very immersive
    Much wow, so shooter, very must buy. One of the best games of recent years for me.
  47. May 31, 2014
    The game is a lot of fun from times to times. The island world is really beautiful and the cut scenes and npc acting is so great that it some times feels like beeing in a movie. The down side is that the island istoo crowded with enemy NPC:s (which consists of animals and guerilla warriors). You can't go any 100 meters in any direction without bumping in to a fight with something which destroys the flow that the game could have had.
    The multiplyer of the game is good but generic.
  48. May 28, 2014
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 9.0 Gameplay: 9.0 Fun/Story: 9.2

Much better than far cry 2. It´s quality is like the first one and and these are good news. Graphics are amazing.
  49. May 11, 2014
    Yes, it’s one of the greatest FPS-es of 2013. A beautiful, large open world makes this an instant hit…but it’s not bad that the shooting mechanics are there too. Far Cry 3 has it’s flaws, but the pros overwhelm them by a mile. Let’s see…

MORE ON: http://prosncons.22web.org/

+ It’s a beautiful open world in which you want to get lost. Don’t care about the missions, just go out there,
    on foot and find the secrets of this magnificent island.
    + The setting is a breath of fresh air. We’ve seen a lot of sandbox games, but rarely they break out from the confinements of the big cities. At first, you wonder how an island can work as a setting for this game, in the end, you don’t want to go back to the city ever again.
    + The AI is exceptional, and partly this makes the world living. You meet bandits and friends in the world on their own mission while bigger animals hunt the smaller one and occasionally attacking humans too. It’s a realistic ecosystem that makes the game more enjoyable.
    + Far Cry 3 contains awesome lot of stuff to do. The main story takes around 12 hours to complete, but you can do side-quests, liberate outposts, take on races, hunt animals or enemies, and a lot more. Repetition is out of the question.
    + One person: Vaas. One of the antagonists delivers a stunning performance that is rarely seen in video games. It’s one of the best performances ever in a video game.

~ The character development is good, but doesn’t introduce anything new. Jason Brody is an essential part of the story and not just it’s abilities develop, but his personality too. From a rich spoilt kid to the warrior of the Rakyat. We have seen this too many times.
    ~ The story is shallow at best and won’t thrill you all the way, but has its moments, mainly when you go eye-to-eye with one of the antagonists.
    ~ The co-op campaign (with a different story on the same island) is a good addition, but doesn’t offer anything like the the main campaign.

- Side quests aren’t much of an addition. Yes, they have their own – very superficial – stories, but all of them take 15 minutes max to complete and usually the same task. Get something from 100 meters away and bring it back.
    - The ending is the real disappointment here. It will leave you puzzled, as why would anyone think it was a good idea to put a life changing choice in the end of a game that didn’t include any choice up to that point.

Time to beat: 12 hours (main campaign), 20+ hours (side-quests and min-games).
    Replay Value: 3/5
    In one word: Insanely beautiful
    On P’n’C scale: Instant Favorite
    Must give points: 91

MORE ON: http://prosncons.22web.org/
  50. May 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Jason Brody was never meant to be a killer, from the moment player’s step into his shoes Jason is scared and horror stricken as he watches his brother murder to try and liberate them from the pirates. Soon afterwards his brother is murdered by Vaas, the pirate leader who’s kidnapped his friends and family, alone and frightened Jason is taken in by the villagers who call this island home after narrowly escaping from the pirates.
    The tone of Far Cry 3 is set now, the game is dark and bleak, making players reconsider their own morals on violence. Jason doesn’t start off right away as wanting revenge, he simply wants to save his younger brother Riley and his friends. The power he feels every time he takes down an enemy is intoxicating, he enjoys it. An insecure young man now finds himself with a purpose, even telling another shell shocked friend that killing feels “like winning”.
    The game immerses you instantly, with splendid voice acting, Vaas gets inside the player’s head, questioning the insanity and futileness of never being able to kill the player. Through hallucinations and cut scenes the players discover the chill inducing similarities between Jason and Vaas. Causing the question to arise of whether or not the choices Jason makes can be considered morally right. The game brings forth the question, how far are you willing to go for those you care for? And what kind of person will you be after making those decisions?
    This lead to the moral dilemma of whether to go mass killing sprees to take over pirate bases, this is not necessary to further the plotline but is incredibly helpful to the player. Providing experience the more people that Jason kills the better he becomes earning experiences that can be used to buy upgrades to better handle weapons and fight. The bases also provide places for the player to sell goods and buy more supplies to further them along, taking over more bases also allows for new weapons to be unlocked that are incredibly powerful.
    Loss of control is the central theme moving the story along, from seeing the unhinged Vaas snapping at Jason and falling over the edge into insanity. Jason’s friends are shown to be unhinged or having completely lost it after days of torture. Jason is no exception from this, the man who once whimpered at the idea of someone being killed has now come to enjoy the slaughter, and it feels like winning after all.
    Not only for Jason but for the player as well, as Jason is developed and his transition from average civilian to ruthless killer, the player transitions with him. As the player progresses they can find ways they are most comfortable with in order to gain the most experience as well as having the game become easier as they upgrade. Being able to shoot open pens to have locked up tigers and bears attack pirates for you and allow you to take over the bases quicker can be a thrilling experience. The opportunity to cause raw chaos is invigorating, and why not throw in a Molotov while the base is in a panic? Nothing quite as fear inducing as a flaming bear coming right for your face. Feels like winning indeed.
    Far Cry 3 is a first person shooter that treats its characters and player for what they are, people with consciousness and their own moral standing. Should mass shooter games really be this enjoyable? Should the amount of violence and chaos seen be so naturally addictive to create? Maybe not, but it is.
  51. Apr 28, 2014
    this Is the best game ever....Best Fps...and amazing and stunning graphics....This is not a regular Fps like COD..If Unique and different with an interesting story...Definitely the best game of 2012
  52. Apr 23, 2014
    Shooters besides open-world games should be taken somewhat 50 hours usually from me to involve over an experience. Far Cry 3 doesn't seem so much like 'fictional'-- [Impressive] Far Cry 3 nails to 'reality', 'Fun' rather than 'fiction' which is most likely joy and valid to anyone.
  53. Apr 20, 2014
    I really enjoy games with this type of open world environment that you can explore and also do this in the order you feel like is the most fun, The graphics of the game and how smooth it runs is just amazing.
    I Also enjoyed the story alot!!
  54. Apr 14, 2014
    For the most part, I enjoyed the running around and clearing camps aspect of the game. I was hoping for a little more in the crafting department, but I was ultimately satisfied with what the game provided. What drove me insane about this game were the boss puzzles. Very rarely were they actually combat. Instead, you had to memorize the key combinations or beat the clock. These gimmicks get old very quickly.

The story and atmosphere of the game went a long way to diminish what could have been a very strong game. To put it bluntly, the game was one big cliche'. Every so called "twist" was so predictable as to be painful. I also find the concept of "experienced combat veteran" (Grant) getting killed in the first few minutes and "incompetent noncombatant becoming god of war" (Jason) one of the most annoying tropes ever. As mentioned in other reviews, Grant was the logical choice for being the hero.

I don't like "busy work" in my games. Having to collect x number of y objects is a surefire recipe to boredom. Some of the backdrops (namely ruins and submerged caves) made the process a lot easier, but truthfully I never intended to finish those mini-games. This is a common weakness among Ubisoft games.

Finally, I personally am not a subscriber to either tattoos or recreational drug use, both of which play a central role to the game; both in story and in gameplay. The whole glorification of substance abuse made the game so much less that what it could be.

Now on to some good stuff. The Dunia engine is amazing. I love the seamless transition between wandering the jungle, swimming in the ocean, finding an underwater cave and then swimming into an ancient ruin.

I had fun with the gunplay. I thought sniping a bit weak, especially with the .50 cal. A really powerful scope and you can easily hit something from 1k away. I realize why the sniping was clipped, but it was still a disappointment. I was glad to see that spreading fire carried over from Far Cry 2.

I was very grateful for the absence of many of Far Cry 2's mechanics. Weapons don't degrade that fast. Even the cheapest of weapons would last longer. Malaria was stupid. The perpetually respawning enemy outposts was also thankfully absent. I suppose it says something about a game when some of its positive aspects are omissions from its prequel.

The single most disappointing thing is that I saw the potential for the 10 scores that people keep throwing out there. It could have been "THE" game of the year. Whether it was lackluster development or different design philosophy, that potential was wasted.

Still wasn't as bad as Mass Effect 3.
  55. Apr 8, 2014
    Two main reason I dropped this game:
    1. Cheap and exhausting interface, either the developer team is dumb or barely put any effort into it.
    2. Buggy, specially terrain reference... You're going to constantly stumbled unto some pebbles or terrain layer joints and have to jump over or press dash button again. Needless to say, it's annoying as hell when you have to deal such a thing in the
    heat of a battle. Other things like game broken bug - I encountered 2 place that get you stuck during one Monkey mission in the temple area. And finally a total blackout for no reason during a strong hold capture. Have those Ubi staff ever test play their f*cking **** Have they put the money supposed to go to the quality administration to make more promoting videos? Expand
  56. Apr 6, 2014
    Great and fun game but it's too short! i would give a higher score if the story was longer, but i still love it! I hope the next game has a longer story ;)
  57. Mar 31, 2014
    just played first few missions or something, stopped at the mission repairing some boat or something. cant save my game though, maybe some bull-leavings glitch. didnt even bother to fix it cause the game is crap. graphics is scum of the earth for a game with lots of reputation. even the boring farcry 2 have stunning graphics though. this one is like you put farcry 1 in the toilet and you flush it and what comes out of the drain is farcry 3. TADAAAA!!! the island setting in farcry 3 is.... well, i dint like it. farcry 1 island setting is better though (cause it didnt get flushed out of the toilet, if you know what i mean). dont get me wrong, i like **** urmmmm, i mean beaches. but only in REAL LIFE not in games. only **** are fun in games and real life (maybe the developers are mistaken on this fact). thats all, i rate this bae on my enterained level. no offence to this game but this s the only fun i get from it. Expand
  58. Mar 26, 2014
    +Impressive Stealth
    +Weapon Customisation is a Lot of Fun to Use
    + Hunting Animals are Fun
    The Cons -
    - Vaas needed more screen time
    - Boss Battles are Quick Time Events

Overall Verdict -
    9/10 Incredible
  59. Mar 24, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is a game that is lovingly crafted and rich in detail. It is one of the few sequels that fixes the problems of its predecessor without adding [m]any new ones. Gone are the dreaded Malaria, gun jamming and check point respawn mechanics. I initially held off on Far Cry 3 upon its release and grabbed it as a bargain buy on Steam. However, I would happily pre-order the next title going by the quality of this one.
    Playing Far Cry 3 on a high end system is like taking a passport into a dangerous, virtual realm. It is captivating and will have you coming back for more.
    I cannot wait to see what Ubisoft come up with after this.
    I have given Far Cry 3 the perfect 10 as I feel that it merits the score based on the sheer amount of content and attention to detail (and being a relatively bug free experience).
    Ubisoft, I salute you.
  60. Mar 19, 2014
    It does nothing you haven't seen in 1000 other Games already! And I'm so sick of always the same crap only with a ne environment and new people! It's not an 0 but the score is definitely to high!! It has amazing grafics, but the boring gameplay ruins that all! All you do in quests is shoot yourself through dozens of ever the same (lame!) enemys, defend a position when a partner is working and take the nearest car and drive somewhere!! Expand
  61. Mar 17, 2014
    Generally a really well done, fun game but it cannot match the supreme experience of Far Cry 2 - though that in itself is no shame. The combat works well, the new takedown mechanisms add to the stealth options but in the end the AI is too blind for stealth to truly work and reach the same heights as in Far Cry 2. Stealth is most fun in the beginning before you realize just how close and visible you need to get to get caught. Once you realize that, you tend to stop trying.

I recommend Ziggy's mod for an improved challenge and gameplay experience but the vanilla is also an enjoyable ride if you like it easy.

The game starts off at its strongest point and then slowly slides. The first island is great fun and both exploring and fighting is just addicting. However, as you get all your skills, weapons and move on to the second island, it starts to slide slightly and by the end it's all routine. The story also falls short, unfortunately, and by the end it straight up stumbles. The ending, whichever you choose, is awful.

That said, the awesome graphics and fun game mechanics make this a great game overall and it should be played by any FPS fan. The best shooter made since its prequel.
  62. Mar 16, 2014
    is the best shooter I ve ever played. I enjoy every mission. the voices and movement of characters are very good. there s no words to describe how good this game is...
  63. Mar 13, 2014
    This is possibly one of the worst written and acted games I have EVER played. The voice acting is so cringe worthy and atrocious that you will end up rooting for the bad guys to kill your character. The combat is much too easy with every human enemy dying in one or two rounds (or arrows) and animals being slightly harder. The graphics are the only thing worth giving a plus for, as the game drags on way too long with the dumbest story you will ever experience. A spoiled rich kid with a prepubescent voice killing off pirates that the local militia apparently aren't capable of. The weapons can all be obtained within a couple of hours as money is everywhere, and the Assassins Creed like radio towers provide them for free. On top of that, the game crashes every two hours without giving you a hint as to why. It makes me wonder if the professional critics played the same game as I did.

I give it two points for the graphics, but that is honestly the only redeemable thing about it. The experience was just loathsome, especially the voice acting will make you want to stop playing as soon as anyone talks.
  64. Mar 12, 2014
    Awesome game with an impressive open world; Lots of opportunities for wandering. A nice plot and well-made side missions. Far Cry3 is a perfect game. Salute to Ubisoft!
  65. Mar 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the best game I have played and I think that many people also liked it
    because the game has a good plot and a beautiful graphics similar to Crysis 3.
    I have rated this game on 9 because I saw some bugs for example: when I was
    bitten by shark, protagonist began to pull the bullet out of the hand. Another
    reason why you must play this game, it is the antagonist Vaas Montenegro
    (leader of the pirates). He is cruel and unpredictable also he is always
    swearing. Despite small disadvantages the game is interesting and very colorful.
  66. Mar 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a great all-round game, but not without it's flaws. For example, the gameplay is great, the crafting fantastic, but the game seemed to get stale after a while for me (however I am used to the replayability of Skyrim). Also, there is some scenes incorporated that I wish had been left out (the Cirta boob scene for example): they're simply unnecessary for the storyline. So, an 80%, then. Expand
  67. Mar 2, 2014
    farcry 3 is like jurasic park expect you dont kill dinosuars . it is amazing and it is breathtaking and the best adventure creating the most epic brilliant game ever .
  68. Mar 2, 2014
    A wonderful game.

Enjoyable missions, varied tasks, a good story, an emotional connection to characters, minimal "grind" or "walking simulation". On the whole, a satisfying ride that I'll probably come back to again to play all the way through.
  69. Feb 28, 2014
    Far Cry 4 got me hooked, great graphics and gameplay, absolutely no crashed or stuff ups and good value for money too. Unlike it's predecessor I found myself more involved with the game, the story and characters. The side quests were a waste of time for me anyway which lets it down.

9/10 Rubber cookies.
  70. Feb 23, 2014
    Very satisfying combat, but it gets boring when every outpost attack is the same. The story is pretty lame really, and all of the characters in the little side-quests are totally boring and I wish I could skip the dialogue. The feeling is this is somewhere between the Just Cause series, where the plot doesn't really matter and it's just a ton of fun to cause chaos on the island, and something more serious like Skyrim where the story is pretty deep and enjoyable. Expand
  71. Feb 22, 2014
    I liked this game better then Far Cry 2, Far Cry 2 was too repetitive always the same situation shoot the truck over and over, even though this game was still repetitive it wasn't as bad as Far Cry 2. Pros *Graphics were good, jungle looked realistic (if a little too bright) *I liked the skill system *Good music *Nice variety of weapons shooting the animals in cages to kill off the enemy's was enjoyable

Cons
    repetitive
    annoying animal quick time events
    game too short just 10 hours
    long bosses left me feeling sea sick
    the plane part where they attack from all sides was too difficult
    lastly animals taking 2 full magazines to kill even if aimed directly at their head was way too unrealistic

I rate this a 5
  72. Feb 21, 2014
    This game is very unsafe for my son Tony. He drives in a car on a DIRT road with out a seat belt, Like seriously what were you thinking! Also the grass in this game along with other vegetation in this game are really off centered. I feel as though the grass shouldn't simply slide back and forth but perhaps go with the flow of the wind. Also my son can freely kill people? Why would you put this in the game? He needs to turn himself in this isn't right. Why do these people hate my son anyway he hasn't done any wrong and if he has i apologize on his behalf and i promise he will most definitely not ever do this again.

This is a message from the unhappy moms of America
    Good day
  73. Feb 20, 2014
    As a fat gay dad, I really enjoyed this game. The weapons are varied and the stealth is well realised. You can run over wildlife in this game. No penises or obese women.
  74. Feb 8, 2014
    Pretty good game, it would probably be 9/10 if it weren't for some techincal issues... Overall good story, plenty of action, gigantic world, spent almost 50 hours finishing this one, definitly recommended
  75. Feb 5, 2014
    This game is full of **** I don;t know where to start. In short, the only thing great is the graphics.

The map is huge, but tedious to travel around, especially at early stages of the game, when every few seconds a car full of enemies will pass by wherever you're at. If you decide to fight them, its an endless fight because they somehow keep spawning like rabbits. The animals are even
    tougher, as they are immune to headshots, which is a **** joke.

The looting system is crap. The hitbox for detecting the bodies is incredibly small, I practically have to be kissing the body to loot it. And even if I am pointing my crosshair at the body, the indicator is to loot the gun instead. And whats with all the 'hold button x' to do this or do that? If they are so afraid of us misclicking stuff, I cant count the times I mis-looted a weapon instead of a body.

The stealth is **** They cant see me crouching in the open, but can detect me even though I'm hiding behind a huge tree that completely blocks line of sight. Enemies can see through walls to detect dead bodies, instantly detects me when I make a sound by melee-ing the animal cage (was testing if i could melee to break the cage). Said cage was inside a vacant building.

Another stupid feature is the drag corpse perk. Its already stupid enough that jason has to learn how to move a corpse, the whole mechanic is just clumsy and ****ty. If you have played any decent stealth game like Dishonored or AC, you will know what I mean. In these games, you can just pick up the body, move and drop it anywhere. Here? You can only drag it like a **** while moving backwards, and the best part is, you cant even pick it up again if u drop it.

The story is laughable too. 19 year old party boy becomes a master of guerrilla warfare in less then 30 minutes. Side quests are boring and restrictive too. Stuff like restricting weapon required to kill with and the failing quests if moving out of area is just stupid and nowhere near Skyrim-like. To mention this **** game in the same breath as Skyrim is just insulting to the TES game.
  76. Feb 1, 2014
    As a long-time fan of the Far Cry series I did what is usually a mistake: I got extremely hyped for this game to come out and set my expectations very high - which usually leads me to being very disappointing; well, that is completely NOT the case with Far Cry 3! This game is the definition of action (and insanity :D)!
    PROS:
    +The world is massive! If you read my reviews you already know
    I go gaga over open world games.
    +This game has some of the best antagonists out of any other video game I have ever played! (The best villains would probably go to the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.)
    +Incredible voice acting! Like blow-your-face-out-the-back-of-your-head good voice acting!
    +The beginning of the game is extremely intense! You're constantly running from everything because you're weak and vulnerable (basically, you're a person) and you know a group of pirates or a single tiger can kill you - you get such a vivid painting of the terror of survival!
    +Related to the one above; this game executes the survival aspect superbly.
    +While it is reputation of Ubisoft to have cringe-worthy animations they do a really good job in FC3.
    +If you don't know already, you have the option to take over pirate camps - you have at least 3 ways to approach each base, so you can play your own style in this game - or even experiment with other play styles.
    +The story isn't incredible like lets say GTA V, or the Last of Us, but it is enjoyable and you'll remember it for a few years, maybe.
    CONS:
    -The story missions are linear. I don't know why they decided to do that, but they did: An example of this could be that when you take over a base you can do it half stealthy and half action, action, or stealth; the game in the missions supply you with an infamous yellow-bubble of linearness; this bubble makes you play the mission how it wants you to play the mission. Poor development choice if you ask me...
    -If you take over a pirate base they stop spawning in that area - which craps on the survival aspect the game does so well.
    Yes, yes, yes I would recommend this game to anyone - even if they don't like FPS games! It is so worth your money and if you don't have it, pick it up NOW!
  77. Jan 29, 2014
    One of my favorites, FC3 is an amazing game.

For starters, the game is beautiful, and Rook Island looks amazing. The takedown mechanics are solid, stable and really fun! Shooting is satisfying, and also stable.
    But I do have some complaints about this. For starters, money becomes almost useless late game. You unlock guns after activating radio towers, so what's the point of buying
    them? Hunting can also be a chore, and sometimes the animals don't even spawn at their designated spawn ground.

The single player is the best feature of the game. It has a somewhat generic storyline to it, but it's not vital to understanding the game. You're some random kid who gets captured by pirates and now you have to save your friends from the hands of the island's mercenaries, pirates, etc...
    There aren't a lot of guns, but at least you can add modification attachments, and apply paint jobs to them. The environment is detailed and lush, and the graphics are fantastic.

I would give this game a 10, but the multiplayer is this game's Achilles Heel.
    The standard multiplayer is a generic pirate vs rakyat combat with no new innovation or fun. Leveling up isn't as rewarding or satisfying as leveling up in Battlefield. When I discovered that this game had a Coop mode and you could play with your friends, I was ecstatic! But when we finally played it, we were disappointed.
    The Coop is really just a set of really boring missions that revolves around stopping some captain or something, I don't know, i didn't pay attention to the story. Why couldn't Ubisoft make the Coop an open world mode? Imagine driving around Rook Island, you at the steering wheel and a friend in the turret, ready to take down pirates! That's what I was expecting, not the boring generic stupid coop missions.
    The missions hold no variety, there are quicktime events, you have to repair some random piece of machinery, you need to do this and do that, it gets very tedious after a while.
    Granted, the missions can be a little bit fun, but when you get up to the carrying missions, you wish you were playing the single player. There are times where you have to pick up bombs, missiles or other random crap and take it to a place. When you're holding the item, you can't sprint or crouch, you can't shoot. If your friend(s) can't defend you, you lose the mission! What a joke.
    Also, they removed the fire-spread system from coop. The flamethrower is incredibly OP when held by a flamer. It can insta-down you almost quickly, but the flamethrower in your hands is nothing more than a water gun.

Don't expect great multiplayer out of this. Only play the singleplayer.
  78. Jan 28, 2014
    The best gaming experience I have ever had. The game is so good. Perfect graphics, amazing gameplay and an open world. Feel free to have fun! Best game ever!
  79. Jan 25, 2014
    (Note: If you don't have a good computer, it will not run, and even if it does, it'll be extremely laggy.) This game is purely amazing. I'm a huge fan of open world games (Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, etc.) so when I saw this, I had to get it. It has some of the best graphics I've ever seen, and a open world as big as Morrowind. The RPG mechanics are pretty good too. If you are a fan of FPS, RPG, or Adventure games, this game is a must have. Expand
  80. Jan 24, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is without a doubt the high point of the franchise. After the lackluster Far Cry 2, it's great to see Ubisoft fix just about everything that was wrong with it. Fantastic visuals and optimization. The storyline is good, but not great. There are a lot of poorly fleshed out characters that I would have loved to get to know better, especially the friends that you spend the entire game trying to rescue. The story itself was a bit shorter than I would have liked. There needed to be more story missions where you interact with other characters. The difficulty was definitely too easy. They were definitely trying to appeal to the console crowd by making the game easier, but that's not what Far Cry is. The opportunity to plan attacks on outposts is great, but the lax difficulty means that this really isn't necessary. There were a few glitches and bugs that I came across but nothing that was really severe. However the biggest problem with the game is the multiplayer. Far Cry never was, and never should be, about multiplayer or Co-OP. Resources were wasted on both of these modes that could have been used to improve the singleplayer experience. Overall the game is absolutely fantastic. If they stop trying to appeal to console players and ditch the lame multiplayer and coop modes, then Far Cry 4 can be a complete masterpiece. Expand
  81. Jan 24, 2014
    Fine game, 7/10. Not the greatest experience, but kept my engaged somewhat throughout the game. The narrative did not seem coherent with the world. Made the experience suffer too much.
  82. Jan 13, 2014
    This game is simply perfect, story is best,characters are also impressive.In addition this game has best graphics,far cry 2 was not so much attractive but this is really a master piece. Its story has no link to far cry 2,pc version contains so much bugs like sometimes u cant pick up a weapon.For me,this game is capable of getting 9 at least.
  83. Jan 12, 2014
    Now that I replay this for the third time (the first 2 were on 360), I observe two things.
    That framerate does matter, as so the resolution. It is considerably better looking than the weaker console versions, but overall I would say that the experience is the same.

This is a huge game, with lots of fun to be had (you hear that FC2?) and it is every bit as enjoyable as I remember it.

The second thing I noticed is how bad the writing is. I didn't realise it the first two times but while the overall story is compelling, the actual characters (except from Vaas and Citra of course) are uninspired and really speak bad written lines. The side characters are all too forgetable and while I don't like the art style of this game much, technically the characters look all alike.

Thank god, I don't have to listen to them and I can go do lots of other activities,
  84. Jan 10, 2014
    0 for having to login to the damn stupid Uplay system, and then having found the key is associated with some other Uplay account that was auto-created by a Ubisoft Beta game I had access to, so now I can't play the game I bought and paid for.
  85. Jan 10, 2014
    Never played the first 2 games. So this is a brand new experience to me. Far Cry 3 Is a very good game.
    The story is at the top of it's game with interesting characters and lets be honest one of the most memorable side villains of all time in gaming, Vaas his appearances in game were my favorite moments in the game.
    The Open World element is strong too. Vast Jungles to the Open seas make
    this the most entertaining FPS of the year.
    The Multiplayer was mediocre but some features shined such as the Game Ending Cinematics with the top 3 players of the winning team and the best player of the losing team, The 1st place player of the winning team chooses to Spare or Kill the losing player, which I found very funny also the map edit feature was excellent as well.

86. Jan 10, 2014
    Та же проблема, что и у far cry 2. Быстро надоедает. Нет воздушного транспорта. Да и вообще военной техники. Только джипы и лодки с пулеметами. Как по мне, так бред. разве, что графика красивая. За это 3.
  87. Jan 5, 2014
    Only one thing, Incredible Certainly one of my favourite game.. Great grapichs, great story line and most of all great characters.. Pretty fun also the editor mod
  88. Jan 5, 2014
    This has absolutely been the most entertaining game I've played in a long time. The graphics are top notch, the action is top notch and on top of that it had a nice story.
  89. Jan 5, 2014
    Good game with great open environments. Story keeps you engaged and keeps giving you a reason to push forward. Eventually some of the open world aspects continue to feel repetitive. For the price I paid for this game (5 dollars) it was well more than worth my money.
  90. Jan 4, 2014
    Far Cry 3, exceeded my expectations. The only problem I had with this game other than some of the boxes when going on a sloped surface is that after finishing the game I lost the will to play it again for a long time, even though I told myself I'll complete all the side-quests.
    The story is amazing and it truly makes you feel a part of it. You develop feelings for characters, for some you
    feel sorry, some make you laugh and some you admire. Even the antagonists are characters you feel for them.
    The open world and the ways you reveal it are a big part of the game and it pretty much scores it.
    From the little things like driving, crafting or gaining skills to the shooting and completing the game Far Cry 3 nails it.
    All I can say is that I highly recommend every shooter and campaign enthusiasts to get the game.
    Multiplayer is great but nothing too special.

I can't wait for Far Cry 4.
  91. Jan 3, 2014
    Having played Far Cry 2 and getting bored before finishing it, I wasn't sure whether it was worth playing this, but it was on steam for 5 quid and a friend told me it was much better. He was totally right!! I really enjoyed playing through this game and even once the story missions was over I wanted to continue, which is rare for me.

I think the main improvements on the last game (which
    I can't remember all that well tbh) are the emphasis on hunting and crafting items and the storyline which I thought was strong if a little far fetched, but hey, we don't always play games/watch TV/read for realism anyway. I thought the voice acting was good especially from the various antagonists. Graphics as with FC2 are very good and ran well on my mid level machine after quite a bit of tweaking.

My main criticism of this game was no proper support for playing with both gamepad mouse and keyboard as driving is a right pain with the keyboard and I like to have the option when not engaged in combat to choose between the two (helps with the RSI's lol). The only reason I can think why they did this is because of the use of prompts throughout the game. Anyway I found a WORK AROUND of sorts which was to set it to gamepad (I used a wireless 360) and when I switched it off it automatically switched to mouse and keys, and back again when I switched back on. You'd think it would have been easy enough to automatically switch the prompts to the last input device used on the fly, right!?

If you're going to play this make sure you spend a good chunk of time early on, hunting, crafting, and capturing radio towers (unlocks weapons as well as maps). Also make use of the camera when preparing to raid a camp as it make life a lot easier, as do some of the syringes.

I'm giving this a 9 but it's probably more like 8.6

Funniest/Most disturbing moment of the game "You know...I never thought I'd be able to kill someone. The first time, it felt wrong. Which is good, right? But now...it feels like winning."

Probably gonna do some more "winning" on FC3 Blood dragon next or maybe Skyrim which I just got for dirt cheap off steam as well. Happy days :D
  92. Jan 3, 2014
    An way better experience than Far Cry 2
    Beautiful graphics great story and an whole tropical island for you
    It's an really great game and it deserves to be played
  93. Jan 1, 2014
    This game is amazing. In short, if you want to play a story driven FPS with an open world any time soon, play Far Cry 3. In this review, despite the high score I have given it, I will primarily point out flaws rather than praising it.On the technical side FC3 has brilliant visuals. The jungle environment is fitting for open world stealth and the large amounts of foliage both look fantastic and make for almost believable cover. The sounds in FC3 really excel. The music always adds to the experience and the voice acting is some of the best I've experienced in a video game for a long time. The mechanics are not always intuitive, the takedown feature, after a number of upgrades, can rely on too many unintuitive key combinations at the same time. Besides this, the actual gunplay, stealth, driving and other upgrades are excellent examples of what modern shooters should aim for. An area that is very poor is the AI. It appears that to avoid the common stealth problem of having AI that automatically know where you are, the AI are completely dumbed down. They can track your last location correctly, but you will often see a guard walk straight past you when you are in plain sight. It must also be pointed out that story quests make heavy use of quick time events, these are a blight on games right now and they occasionally severely interrupt a cutscene. On the non-technical side, the story has some flaws. I went into this game expecting a fairly realistic game oriented around surviving being kidnapped and not being killed by the opposing faction, instead (spoilers) I found a game that behaves like a serious experience that I described, littered with some strange "magic" type story about tattoos and natives to the island. It should not have been in the game at all. The delusion and drug sequences were great, but they should have been oriented around drug usage or illness, not magic potions. The multiple choice ending was just utterly ridiculous. Why give us two choices that only affect the last 5 minutes of the cutscene at the end of the game? And why is one of them so utterly disappointing. The experience also drags on due to a lack of variation nearer the end of the game. You'll probably play around 30 to 40 hours of the game before this happens, so it's still absolutely worth the purchase. I recommend Far Cry 3. Despite all of it's flaws it has great gameplay, it is a fun and engaging experience, and it starts off brilliantly even if it doesn't last the full length of the game. Expand
  94. Dec 31, 2013
    Seriously? Far Cry 3? More like Far Cry 2.5 with newer graphics and higher system requirements. I was really looking forward to this game after reading the reviews. Ah the memories of the original Far Cry where it was new and original. I thought, hey, maybe they changed it up a bit. NOPE. Same old, same old. Driving, or fast traveling, from place to place. Radio towers to get to and sabotage. Repetitive missions. Hang gliding, zip lining. BORING. Same clunky weapons buying and upgrade system. Now need to craft bigger wallets, weapons belts, etc... So they mixed in Skyrim RPG elements of crafting into a FPS style game? And not only that, did it in a poor design? Running around killing animals located who knows where to make a new belt? Who thought up that horrible idea? I'd rather you have to find, or kill someone, to get that new weapon, or upgrade rather then swim around with sharks to make what I need. This game stinks.

Pros: Great graphics. Got it for $29 on sale at Target. Thank god I didn't pay full price. If you haven't played 1 or 2, then you'll find it a good game. If you've played either, then there is nothing new to see here.

Cons: Everything. Nothing fresh, nothing new. A game can't get by on looks alone. I don't mind game sequels, and some are great. However, this is just a dressed up, new version of what got boring and old in Far Cry 2.

Conclusion: I wish I hadn't spent $29 on this dung heap. Maybe a Steam sale at $7 or something, and just playing it to see the graphics and experiment if you were going to like the game and I'd be Okay with it. However, it is simply a terrible rehash of what is now a series that either needs a complete reboot or simply to go away.
  95. Dec 30, 2013
    If there is one thing I really like about games, its the ability to continue playing even after the story missions are complete. Far cry 3 gives you this in a number of ways, allowing you to have hours of fun after you play through the full story. Far cry 3 is a completely massive game, with pirate outposts, towns, wildlife, radio towers, memorable landmarks, temples, ect. The game feels alive, and sometimes when your just walking through the jungle your eye will catch a tiger chasing a goat, or a pack of dogs with rabies running down a deer. Or you might walk right into a little creek, then get jumped by a alligator. Little skirmishes between the jungle tribes are happening everywhere, and there is different types of side missions, that unlock as you liberate more pirate outposts. The more time you give into this game, the sweeter it is. Start liberating outposts, and your bulletin boards will fill up with work requests and side missions to entertain you further. Hunt animals for their hides, and you will be able to craft new gear and hostlers with the surprisingly deep crafting system, that allows you to upgrade your pouches and gear in a number of ways, craft a wallet to hold more money, or craft a fuel sling to be able to refill your flamethrower. Craft a extra weapon hostler to carry a sidearm if your a sniper-type player, or craft a rucksack if your the exploring, looting type. The story was good, and I''m not going to spoil anything, but it is a fairly mature story, with drugs, murdering, torture, ect. The gun-play is fun, and planning a strategy filled attack on a pirate outpost can provide endless fun, especially since there is virtually infinite ways to attack outposts, snipe people off with a sniper/assault rifle from a distance, go in with an LMG, screaming and throwing grenades at everything, or play it stealthily, with a silent but deadly recurve bow and a silenced sidearm. One other cool thing is that fire spreads, and that can result in some really fun to use tactics, such as smoking them out by tossing a molotov on the roof of the building, then blasting them away from the safety of a little sniper nest on the hill, or maybe waiting just outside with a shotgun.

I really enjoyed this game. 9.3/10.
  96. Dec 28, 2013
    One of the few single player game I've finished. Far Cry 3 offers a lot of freedom, but none i would spend too much time on. I found myself speeding through the main story-line, ignoring all the other content. The hunts, and quests were just icing on the cake, which didn't appeal to me, but did present itself in more variety to other players. There were many exciting moments that kept me drawn into the game, but in the end, it was nothing to remarkable. Nonetheless, Far Cry 3 is still a good game in the most parts. Expand
  97. Dec 28, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an excellent open world first person shooter with a very good story. The graphics are amazing and the vegetation is dense, but sometimes the island seems a bit empty. The characters are deep (particularly the villain Vaas!) and the story has some twists. The story is long and has cool cutscenes. There is much to explore on the island. You can craft things, but that is not necessary and more boring than useful. The KI is okay, the game is a bit too easy and the sounds are good. One of the best shooters of 2012! Expand
  98. Dec 27, 2013
    I have to say between 2012- 2013 i have bought over 20 games from GTA 5, Skyrim, to rome total war 2. yet this is the only game that i feel has a proper finished feeling to it! yes graphics and story is all good, but what really makes it special is the originality of the close quarters combat, not even Skyrim is close to it, which one would expect after having developed 3 before daggerfall, morrowing and oblivion, for a CQC game skyrim fighting is bulkish at best and nowhere near as original as far cry 3, i spend most of my time trying original ways to clear camps using cqc and is one of the reasons that have motivated me to finish it for a third time on very hard. the last time i was motivated to do so in a game was metal gear snake eater! by far one of the most polished games of the last 2 years Expand
  99. Dec 27, 2013
    Far Cry 3 was my favorite game from 2012. An open world game that gives you a ton of choice on how you want to approach different situations. The story is also a believable one as its main character, as the story progresses, begins to enjoy killing and satires all of the first person shooters where all you do is kill people. There are plenty of side missions, that include bounties and hunting the wildlife on the island. There is a lot of satisfying content in Far Cry 3. Graphically the game is phenomenal and the game is at just the right length to where you'll never say to yourself "Ugh, when is this gonna end?" Overall, Far Cry 3 exceeded my expectations and any gamer would enjoy themselves playing it. Expand
  100. Dec 25, 2013
    I originally wrote a terrible review for this game and frankly I am embarrassed by it. Once I took the time to learn the game and put thought into surviving in this amazing world, I realized that it is a true gem. Everything about it is perfection; the missions are fun and creative, the environment is beautiful and alive, and the hunting and foraging for the items you need to craft is brilliant. It is an environment that you can spend nearly endless time exploring and enjoying, whether it's daytime or nighttime or during inclement weather, this dynamic land will keep you engaged. This game takes the best elements of (the nearly good game) Far Cry 2 and perfects the experience. If you like open world sandbox games then you need to play this. Expand
  101. Jun 3, 2013
    My game of 2012, graphically it is excellent and performs well on most modern PC builds, it is an open world game which made me cautious after Far Cry 2, however they managed to strike an amazing balance of Story, Gameplay, Exploration and Action, with enough of its own ideas injected to make it really stand out.

The character development is very cool, true the "friends" are pretty
    generic but some of the antagonists are incredibly entertaining in a dark and twisted way, and Far Cry 3 really is the best example I can think of where your actions throughout the story truly change the character and judgement of the character you play.

My only criticisms would be that there is perhaps to much to explore and find, which for the completionist or OCD inflicted can really drag out the hours, however, if you focus on the core elements such as, Towers Bases, Hunting and Missions you should find nothing but entertainment from this great game.

2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Jan 24, 2013