6.5

1. Jun 5, 2014
    [FEZ / Steam PC / Score 9.5 ]
    This was truly worth the wait for a PC port.... A platformer game in a 3D world that can be viewed from 4 sides and played as a flat 2D world - if two things touch then they are connected! I played this with a keyboard and mouse and had a blast. This game is hard.... PC hard.... At least 25% of puzzles cannot be solved the first time you encounter them....
    And so I would keep playing other parts of the game and then come back - and BINGO I could figure out how to solve them. Too much fun for nine bucks and ninety nine cents! [/Pirate accent] Do Not Worry aboot finishin’ ‘e game....yule find hints and walkthrus all over ‘e ‘net....[/] This game is Fun.... PC Fun.... and if you don’t know what that means then go get a PC.... {I own a ColecoVision so why bother with a iPhone or an iPad - don’t be an rtard and go get yourself the ultimate gaming machine}. Treat yourself to true blue Indie Goodness. This game let’s you finish before all the problems are solved - and then [/spoiler] you get upgraded when you restart the [new game+] and just enjoy what happens.... These guys at Polytron are great.... This is the ultimate first game release that all game developers wish for.... and the ultimate indie game for you gaming nerds [buy this game] Released on PC 2013.05 and played by me [Random General thoughts]

- - - - build your own PC - sign up for Steam and blow your mind.

Yeah - PC gaming is where it…. is…. at.... ha ha ha hahaaaaaa haha aaahahaa ahahahah.

[MyPC 2011] i7-2600K 3.4GHz / ASUS Z68 ProGen3 / 8G RAM / Radeon 6870 / W7 PRO SP1 / Samsung 275T @1920x1200 / Logitech G15 / Kensington ExpertMouse

[MyFavorites] [Win7] Stacking Metro2033 Rochard TheDreamMachine Crysis&Warhead&2 JustCause2 Rage [XP] DeuxExHR&TheMissingLink DeadSpace1&2 Fallout3&NewVegas HalfLife1&2 Bordelands1&2 BatmanArkumAsylum AssassinsCreed Magicka RedFaction Portal1&2 FromDust MrRobot Sam&MaxSeasons1&2 CulpaInnata TheSecretOfMonkeyIsland DreamfallTheLongestJourney Syberia1&2 CrayonPhysicsDeluxe DefenseGridTheAwakening PlantsVsZombies Prototype Bioshock1&2 UnrealTournament3 Quake4 [360] AfroSamurai BrutalLegends [XBOX] HALO KOTOR1&2 Crackdown ArmedAndDangerous AggressiveInline BeyondGoodAndEvil DeadOrAlive1&2&3&ExtremeBeachVolleyball Psychonauts [AppleG4] FullThrottle DeusExMachina ONI ReturnToZork Suspended UnrealTournament TombRaiderSeries [Born] 1964
  2. Sep 25, 2013
    Fez is not original, no, it borrows a lot from other games, but what it does it does right. I enjoyed my time exploring all the little worlds, jumping from platform to platform and turning the world around me to solve it's often clever puzzles.

I did however find that not a lot is explained. After the intro you're basically thrown into this world and where you go from there you have to
    find out for yourself. Adds to the mystery of exploration, sure, but a bit more guidance from time to time would have been nice. This especially goes for a lot of the secrets and hidden puzzles. To find and/or solve most of these you have to learn and understand the in-game language. Nowhere in the game is this clearly explained, and If i hadn't come across it in a guide i was looking at i never would have known. Cool that you want to give a game it's own puzzling language that adds to the gameplay, but let the player know about it because i reckon a lot of gamers have looked past it and that is a shame for the extra amount of gameplay it offers. Expand
  3. Nov 13, 2013
    Very charming and fun old school game with a fantastic twist on the 2.5D angle. There may well be some bugs but if you can fight past those you have a very witty, fun and warm game.
  4. Oct 4, 2013
    First of all I need to specify I had this game on a Humble Bundle deal, and by this time the bugs and glitches some have mentioned were obviously fixed as I didn't encounter any of them. The graphics are pixelated yes, but they are rich, colorful and there are plenty of little details in the fauna that makes things alive compared to most games that feel so sterile and boring after a few minutes. This is not the case with FEZ; it's a game that was made with passion as a huge amount of details as been put in the game, which makes me wonder the agenda of those that gave the game a score below 6. I play this game on a PS2 gamepad using an adapter (not the most conventional way to play a pc game), nevertheless, I'd never had so much ease to input the controls and to make everything work so nicely on the first try; it's intuitive and enjoyable to rotate the map using the L1-L2 buttons although most people using a keyboard might have a harder time adjusting the controls to their taste. The game being pretty and having nice controls is sure nice but it wouldn't go anywhere near stardom classic without a master soundtrack, which happen to be the case here. The music is not the most melodic you'll ever hear; but it fits the game perfectly which make the whole package feels like symbiosis. I've seen a crapload of 2d games in the past few years that all look the same, FEZ is different; it feels unique, looks unique and is a memorable experience and for that it deserves to be reckon. Most of the reason you'll see bashing around this gem seem to be about the main developer being rude, whose seem to put too much love into his game and not enough for his community which make some people go mad about him and his creation. We seem to forget that the only thing we should expect from a developer is the game, nothing else. FEZ stands to me as one of the best 2d platformer on the pc, alongside Cave Story. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Expand
  5. Dec 28, 2013
    Absolutely beautiful and enjoyable game. All of the low scores are because of it's crashes/glitches in early stages, these are ALL FIXED as far as I'm concerned. This game revolves around collecting objects, and with no actual fast-paced action it's a very calming game, and not to mention it's very atmospheric as well! Very fun game here, I just wish the worlds/levels were set up a little more organized, it is very easy to get lost and ends up wasting a lot of time you could've spent exploring more of this very unique and beautiful world! Overall though, I definitely recommend this game to anyone that wants a relaxing, slow-paced platformer, with beautiful, eye-pleasing visuals and classic retro sound effects, and an awesome atmosphere and a truly unique world. Expand
  6. Oct 23, 2013
    This game is great if you know what you're getting into. I used to spend some time playing Sword and Sworcery with my headphones on between the hours of 12 a.m. and 3 a.m., and I loved it. Fez is for those who want a similar experience. It's not strenuous, it isn't meant to get your adrenaline flowing, its just a puzzle game, with one very simply yet creative and complex mechanic. The simplicity of the game combined with the art design and a rather relaxing soundtrack put it at the top of my list.

Now that being said, another one of my favorite concepts within the game can also be the most frustrating. The secrets within Fez require a lot of tedious work, and on occasion you will have to cheat or simply discover some secrets on accident. It took me an age and a half to realize how to translate the language created by Polytron. And some rooms that contain secrets I've spent what has felt like ages walking around in, only for them to still remain mysteries for me today.

The other issue I have with the game is that the PC version is a somewhat lazy port. On rare occasion you will find the game referring to Xbox controls. I myself also have a serious issue with playing the game in fullscreen on higher resolutions, resulting in bad flicker, screen tears and lines across the monitor (however this seems to be a personal build issue, as I don't see it reported very often).

Overall I gave this game an 8/10. It really is a lovely experience for those who are looking for just that. You are never punished for making mistakes, you just try your hand at the puzzles until they are solved. I do wish there would be a few minor fixes for the game, but I honestly do believe that this was a success by Polytron, and I do hope to see more from them in the future.
  7. Sep 1, 2013
    People just don't get this game. Its all about getting immersed in its amazing world. Its surely casual, and its the best of the best in being casual.
  8. Sep 12, 2013
    Great puzzle game and is incredibly original. Just genuinely fun to play. Sad to see its score getting effected because of the 360 versions problems..
  9. Oct 17, 2013
    People maybe are a bit confused. Be an original game doesn't mean necessary to be a good game. I don't like the graphic, this retro style is only an excuse for lazy indie developers to create cheap graphic. The concept is original but puzzles become very boring after a while. I have no idea how some people define this a Masterpice.. Tetris was a masterpiece, not this retro-mambo-jumbo game.
  10. Aug 7, 2013
    2 minutes in game and you understand that game starts ideally. You can't believe in it and... make first steps, listen first music. After you understand that is why games often have name Art. All game emotional kick. And this kick like knockout. Fast and accurate.
    It's a story and emotions, very private and very personally. I always feel myself like a thief who sneaking in another life
    and watching by her from shelter. Surprised by her. Believes in her and is jealous of her. Incredible world. Incredible music. And incredible game. Expand
  11. Aug 3, 2013
    Very well made and interesting game, i would recommend it to ALL gamers. Not just indie/platformer enthusiasts. The gameplay is not hard, considering you can never die. Though i seem to be stuck at places that requires me to wrinkle my brain to progress. 10+!
  12. Sep 8, 2013
    This game first of all looks way to hyped as it is. I wouldnt have a problem with the game if it had a straight forward path and not its entire map looking like a spider web and constantly having to backtrack just because you thought that little detour brought you to the other side of the map err i mean spider web the map doesnt even look like a map
  13. Sep 8, 2013
    Classic, retro story and art style with a cool new concept. 8 points for originality and putting all the pieces together in a way that makes it a fun, challenging game. Only issue I see, is that it might be a bit repetitive, just take breaks and come back to the game another time, if you get bored, or can't figure something out. Don't look up guides, that's just spoiling the puzzle aspect of the game. Overall, a definite purchase for indie game fans. Expand
  14. Sep 12, 2013
    Taking a new spin on 2D platforming, indie game developer Phil Fish has woven a world that is so stunningly simple yet sublime to explore. The 3D rotation mechanic, the core feature of the game, seems straightforward at first but continues to dazzle and amaze at the bizarre affects it can achieve on a fundamentally 2D landscape. Unfortunately, with no other major game mechanics this can get a little old a little quickly, but is largely salvaged by the game's quirky zone-to-zone designs accompanied by a phenomenal chiptune reminiscent soundtrack by Disasterpeace.

The only real complain I can register towards the game is how the platforming and puzzles seem to clash. Much of the early game consists of traveling through the overworld. Once one had that complete, they would eventually need to decode hieroglyphics in order to solve a jumble of sometimes maddeningly obtuse puzzles (one optional puzzle in the game has yet to be fully solved by anybody in the entire world). Because of this many platformers might be stymied by a sudden onslaught of puzzles in late game, where puzzle seekers may be exhausted by the continual platforming to get places.

Nevertheless, this unusual combination of gameplay along with the novel mechanic of a 2D world manipulated by a third dimension can leave for a very unique experience. A definite triumph in the indie industry, Fez shows us how simple yet enjoyable game mechanics can be enough to craft a memorable gaming experience.
  15. Sep 13, 2013
    This is one of those game that are not made anymore. Even if its a very recent game, it has the feel of those old games I was playing when I was a kid.I got it in the Humble Bundle, and gave everything to the developer, Phil Fish. Even though people don't like him, Im one of the rare person that really likes him.

This is probably one of the best game Ive ever played. The level designs
    are awesome and the story is really awesome. You still know that it is a video game, you don't get in your character too much, but you really want to find those cube fragments, not because you just want to finish the game, but because you want to know what is going to happen.

The animations are great and very fluid. We can really see the attention to details in this game. Every move have their own animation and every combinations are planned.

The only downside of this game is that, even after some updates, there is still bugs. But they don't change your gameplay experience at all, something may seem funny, but it wont stop you from playing the game. And after all, its a bit in the spirit of the game to have bugs ;)

I still give it 10/10, because I really love Phil Fish and his game. I don't know if I will see more from him, but I really hope so.

Phil, if you ever read this, and I know that there are almost no chances that you read this but I don't care: If you meet enemies and people that hates you, its just like in video games, you are going the right way. Don't stop to share your opinions as openly as you do. Someone that have everyone loving him has achieved nothing.
  16. Sep 25, 2013
    This game is more "art" than "game". Not too much story but that is ok for a jump and run. This game is for everyone who love to play retro-style jump and runs with a nice story and without bad guys.
  17. Sep 15, 2013
    Excellent blend of art, atmosphere and retro puzzle platformer. The 2D/3D transitions work really well, the soundtrack is incredible, the puzzles are hard, and the fez is red. Subtle references to the past make for a surprisingly deep and interesting storyline that keeps you thinking.

Also one of the best games I've played on Steam's Big Picture mode. Excellent TV and controller
    support.

Edit: Just reading some people's complaints of a crash after Gomez is fezzed. All I have to say is, holy crap you are stupid.
  18. Sep 16, 2013
    Bland and not very entertaining after the first hour. The game becomes more of a chore than entertainment. Feel like I have wasted my money on this over priced over hyped game.
  19. Oct 19, 2013
    FEZ is a very beautiful game and has many creative features. The one problem with the game is that in the beginning, it is very confusing to get the hang of the controls when adjusting perspective. FEZ also has a large number of glitches but do not affect the gameplay to heavily.
  20. Oct 20, 2013
    I really like the concept of the 2d 3d mix and Fez pulls this off very well. The art and music is fantastic, very peaceful. My only problem with Fez is the plot and the length of the game. Within an hour I got bored of the game with no real end in sight. Having some kind of progress bar to show how long left till the end would help relieve boredom with the occasional "Wow, I'm getting really far into the game now!" Expand
  21. Oct 21, 2013
    A nostalgic re-imagining of what 8bit gaming felt like modernized for the Internet age. The hey day of 8bit gaming was decorated with Nintendo titles that hinted at vast expansive worlds realized through simplistic subtle details. Prior to universal access to information school yards collective minds elaborated these subtle details into pervasive and rich worlds filled with rumour and myths. Fez re-imagines a universe knowingly inside a Computer where the characters are hapless victims shackled to their limited perspective.

Reality is constantly exposed as a layered onion with the protagonist Gomez bridging the gaps to not only additional dimensions but genuinely new perspectives as the rich world is genuinely realized and delivers in a way the classic 8bit universes never did. The puzzles in the game are deliberately challenging, including entire encoded languages, fourth dimensional treasure maps and secrets in the soundtrack wave forms. Only the collective effort of the Internet could the deceptively rich world of Fez be unraveled.

Many games have resurrected the game play of the 8bit era, but this is perhaps the first to invoke the same school yard myth making of the 8bit era. The Internet is rife with speculation of meaning found in its subtle clues. The most challenging of optional puzzles cannot be solved without years of collective effort.

One of a kind.
  22. Nov 19, 2013
    Terrible game. The story is obvious and already seen so many times, this game just try to be original in all the way that he can, but always fails.

Seriously, this whole thing about mixing 3D and 2D is too overused. And the gameplay sistem is all messed up, seems like it want the player to go mad. Is impossible to play.

I give it credits, the intro was very nice, probably the only
    part of the game that wasn't frustrating, and the ambience and animations are really well made. They should have spend all this time thinking about the story and not those little things.

A game that I don't suggest to play. Never-ever.
  23. Oct 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really enjoyed playing this game. It gets great marks for the art, it was so well done and crisp, quite gorgeous, even the soundtrack and music contributed. Of course the rotating mechanic was great fun and I felt that it never grew tiresome. The rest, however... was somewhat disappointing, here are my two major gripes:

1) Puzzles I'm not sure if the developer intended this but I gave up and simply searched the internet for several puzzles. I would challenge a majority of players to not do the same. It feels unfair to knock this game for that, it's not the designer's fault, I wouldn't ask him to dumb his creation down. But the puzzles aren't for everyone and some were so obscure that when I searched for the answer I didn't say, "duh, I should've thought've that!"

2) The ending was very unsatisfying. The dialogue just simply stops, you're told in the beginning to collect the cubes and are given a purpose. At the end you're left with what seems to be abstract geometry. It's left up to me to decide how to interpret it, and I think my efforts in game were pointless and unrewarding. I could've stopped at any point I got bored and fared no worse.

In the end, I'm glad I played it, but wished I could've prefaced my experience with what I should expect. I enjoyed Paper Mario so there's that.
  24. Oct 26, 2013
    I would first like to say that this is a review of the game, not the developer.

In a nutshell, FEZ is an interesting puzzle/platformer with a twist, but there's more to it than that. FEZ paints a pixelated picture of an innocent gaming land, a place where no harm can come. The only threat is that of falling; there are no aliens to shoot, bad guys to kill, no enemies of any kind.

The
    art in this game definitely gets a 10/10 from me, as well as the soundtrack. The only reason I don't give this game a perfect score is because of the slightly boring gameplay. Yes I said it. As I described above, it's beautiful. Amazing. With so many secrets, easter-eggs, and places to go this game should offer many hours of exploring. I guess I just haven't found the interest in doing so. Expand
  25. Dec 26, 2013
    Brilliant game that introduces a new and interesting gameplay mechanic where the player can rotate a 2 dimensional world.

The goal is to roam around in an open world and solve puzzles. When that is done you are awarded with cubes or "bits" which make up a cube when you have 8 of them. These elements mark your progress throughout the game.

You make progress partly by getting through
    platforming segments and then furter on deciphering codes or finding different patterns in the world which lead you to a solution. The latter is something I personally look positively on because for once the player is actually required to think a bit more to make any progress.

The game presents itself in a very calm fashion with (GREAT) 8-bit ambient music and cute art style.

There are a lot of (REAAAALLYY) well hidden secrets in this game so be prepared to challenge yourself if you want to experience the most interesting parts.

Overall I think the game was definitely worth the money and I would say that any player out there who is eager to try something new and original should absolutely try FEZ.

My score is:

+ (Great) Original idea
    + Awesome sountrack
    + Calm and appealing atmosphere

- The hub based world traveling could have been better
    - Some elements (black holes) where distracting at certain parts of the game
  26. Dec 5, 2013
    The Best Indie Puzzle Platform Videogame of last years. The soundtrack, the gameplay, the story, the pixel graphic, the landscapes are ULTRA BEAUTIFUL For the first minute i don't enjoy very much with this game but after playing some hours this game become your best choice for having some fun and sincerely i don't like very much this indie puzzle platform videogames (like Mark of the Ninja) but this is very beautiful, it's like Super Mario for gameboy but the 10.0 upgrade version for the amount of innovations. Expand
  27. Nov 30, 2013
    I am in utter shock as too why players don't like this game. "It's great!!"

Everything about this games save for some aspects of the graphics is absolutely perfect. The controls the audio, the gameplay is all top notch and the devs put a lot of effort into what I thought might be an okay game, but boy was I surprised at the wonderment that this game yields to players. This is better
    than Mario or most other platy's hands down....due in no small part to the depth of the dimensions and what they add. The characters are charming and the concept is brilliant.

Kudos to the devs and hats off to you for this lil gem...hope we see more of these type of games in the future.
  28. Mar 22, 2014
    I really enjoyed exploring this game. The mix of 2D/3D was a really nice concept. The only downside is that it is pretty easy. There are no enemies, and if you fall you respawn immediately with no consequences. Jumping to your death to get a hard to reach cube is a perfectly viable option.
    Most of the puzzles to beat the game are pretty easy, but then there are some puzzles that are
    pretty much impossible. After significant effort I looked some up online to see that I never would have known the solution.
    Overall I highly recommend this game for the neat exploration mechanics, but if you are a super hardcore gamer you might get bored pretty quick.
  29. Dec 9, 2013
    A game for all ages, truly. Such a joy to see a 16 bit revival going on. Brilliant mechanics, soothing ambient soundtrack. I really am enjoying this game! It's also a relief to play a game devoid of obscene language, unnecessary gore, and suggestive content that is so fun to play. Good clean fun for everyone
  30. May 19, 2014
    Excellent, clever game, that gets more poor user reviews than it deserves because people are butthurt and extraordinarily whiny over comments the developer made.

In the end, the developer is a jackass, and a loudmouth idiot. But he's a dedicated loudmouth idiot, who put together a really profoundly clever and inventive platformer, that is a game you should play. If you can't separate
    the two issues, you're going to miss out on something great.

Here's hoping the cretinous moron goes on to make many more really clever games.
  31. Feb 21, 2014
    This game is so creative, a masterpiece, isn't intended to have beautiful graphics, but it's the mostly pure art.

These Fez puzzles are absolutely great and fun to solve, so many hidden places, hidden stuff, one of the best games that I played in 2013/14.
  32. Jan 5, 2014
    FEZ is one of the best indie games of all times, from the graphics to the mechanics, characters, script and specially the music (which is now a part of my daily commute routine)... each one of its details has been carefully developed, creating a fun and absolutely enjoyable game that will give you hours of entertainment.

Most of the game mechanics are very intuitive, and the 2D/3D logic
    it's absolutely beautiful and nostalgic. The only downside is that it could be pretty hard to decipher some puzzles: not so easy to understand the meaning of the glyphs, but that's just a part of the game and you can even play it all without solving those puzzles (of course, you can easily find some cheat sheets to help a little bit).

I'd love to play a FEZ 2
  33. Jan 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This negative response, by an army of internet **** to this game just because the maker of the game cracked under the pressure of an army of internet **** is... sad, to say the least. This game is a stroke of genius, and while it certainly has its flaws ( a lot of the puzzles just appear recycled in the later stages) these are few and VERY far between. Lets start with the gameplay; i have heard a lot of people on the steam reviews criticise this game for being overly simply... then you look at their playtime; 20 minutes sometimes... wow. This game, while it looks it at first, is not a game to be taken lightly. what appears to be a small, relatively linear cube filled world turns into a sprawling universe, complete with intricate level design, sound design and a seemingly endless list of puzzles... for Christs sake, this guy made a entire language, code and timeline simply for one game. The non-existence of a death penalty perfectly suits the pace of the game, as does the lack of any enemies. This game is one to be played in many many short sessions.
    Moving on, graphics and aesthetic;...SPOT ON, PHIL! from the unique design of every block to a quick brown fox jumping over the lazy dog, and then to the character Gomez (the fez bearer) everything is fantastic just to stare at, to say nothing of interacting with it.
    all in all, this game has an overwhelming amount of content that is well worth the five year wait.
    If i was allowed, i would give this an 11
  34. Jan 21, 2014
    The game is interesting but not very enjoyable. This puzzle platformer will twist your mind. It has some really interesting game mechanics but the whole game is rather boring. I would not recommend this game for playing. However, I would definitely recommend checking it out if you want to see something new.
  35. Mar 20, 2014
    Smart game with some moments of pure genius. The perfect hybrid between a platform and a puzzle game, with the novelty of a "compressed 3D" world. Only for those who are searching for something to challenge the brain rather than the fingers.
  36. Apr 30, 2014
    A lot of people say they had problems running the game. It ran just fine on my old Core 2 Duo build with a cheapo GeForce 210 card. Maybe I just got lucky.

Some of the other common criticisms:
    -The graphics weren't groundbreaking, or even original, just retro-platformer style with a 3D twist tossed in.
    I thought it was aesthetically pleasing enough, and the different areas had varied
    looks and feels to them, so I didn't think it was monotonous. Awe-inducing? No. Original? Not particularly. It may not be groundbreaking but I didn't think it was boring.

-Navigation requires a lot of back-tracking.
    Yeah, it does at times. Once you learn a section you can get through fast enough though, and there are some warp gates that let you jump past a few otherwise long journeys. Annoying at times, but not unbearable.

-You can't die, ergo there's no challenge.
    I was okay with that. I enjoyed it more for the puzzles, and honestly if I had to go back to the bottom of the screen every time I fell off a ledge it would be a lot more frustrating than fun.

-The puzzles were too easy, ergo there's no challenge.
    Maybe I'm just stupider than the other people who played this game, but I thought the puzzles were challenging enough to be interesting but not so abstract that I wanted to pull my hair out. They at least took some time and thought to figure out. I enjoyed working out the cryptograms for the alphabet and numbers, then going back to solve the puzzles that required the ability to read, and I didn't mind the fact that some of the puzzles could only be solved during the second play through.

My final thoughts: It was pretty fun. It isn't stressful so you can play casually. You have to play through twice to solve all the puzzles, but the second time around the puzzles you solved stay solved so it's not too painful. It held my interest long enough that I didn't mind. I think the people who gave bad reviews just have really high expectations.
  37. May 17, 2014
    Who can say that FEZ is a bad game? Honestly, this game is a great platform game! The music is beautiful, the scenery as well, and on top of that the gameplay is enhanced by the fact that it is necessary to turn the screen to advance in the game I think it adds a real difficultée gaming platform, and this is a very good idea that developers found there!
  38. Jun 2, 2014
    A masterpiece. A magic world, an amazing and original gameplay, great puzzles and hard enigmas, definitely one of my favourite games. Buy it, you won't be disappointed, trust me.
  39. Jun 10, 2014
    Uno de los juegos mejor valorados de la historia, pero a parte de contenido visual sinceramente no me dijo nada. Tal vez demasiado hype alrededor que luego no se ve cumplido. Si te interesa lo indie es una buena compra, aunque mejor para rebajas.
  40. Jun 14, 2014
    Fez is a great game, it has an innovative gameplay, colorful graphics and a nice storyline, the gameplay is a little confusing at first thought, but when you get used to it is very nice, i really liked it and i think is nice and innovative.
  41. Jun 19, 2014
    OVER-HYPED FODDER.

This game... wow. The art style is pretty boring. The game play is somewhat unique however it fails on nearly every level of being exciting or challenging. You have gameplay like this and the entire game is still a walk in the park? Who MADE these levels? A second grader?

The main character is completely bland and uninteresting. I could care less about his hat (a
    fez, which the game was named after. Yes. The game was named after the worst hat type in human existence).

In the end, pass completely on this. I can't believe ANYONE would give this a 10. Seriously? FODDER

1. Jun 23, 2013
    A masterpiece by any measure. [July 2013, p.89]
  2. Jun 19, 2013
    A gorgeous puzzle-platformer that's both a treat for the eyes and a thorough workout for the mind. [July 2013, p.82]
    The variation of the broken-down elements of the game is such that, if you miss two or three of the dozens of screens of the game, you will have missed on something special and unique. [June 2013]