6.5

1. May 1, 2013
    This game is excellent. You've probably read all about it and are here to cry about a comment that he made about your videogames. The creative man behind it can talk a bit more than he should but honestly most of the comments I read on the internet are 1000x more reprehensible than saying Japanese video games suck. I don't understand how someone can make a sidescrolling puzzle masterpiece and be criticized by putting his foot in his mouth. I mean gamers are some of the worst people in the world and they're worried about some guy saying one or two silly things.

The game is not a typical side scroller. I guess the best way to describe it would be a open world puzzle game. It's amazing how complete it all feels though. I've played it on the Xbox and on Steam with no problems so far (like that save glitch). The world feels so alive and vibrant. Every single component of this game has a purpose or adds to the experience. It has its own language and its own vibe. I'm sure everyone is used to ignoring the user score on Metacritic but here it is especially important. This game is amazing.
  2. Jul 9, 2013
    Fez is an amazing story. The game mechanics are very fun and intuitive, the art is eye meltingly beautiful, and when is comes to a soundtrack, this is one of the best I have ever heard. This game is a Solid 10/10
  3. Jun 14, 2013
    Brilliant, fun and challenging and so very creative with layers of depth if you wish to look below the surface. I would buy this game multiple times if it would help encourage more games with this level of creativity.
  4. Oct 4, 2013
    First of all I need to specify I had this game on a Humble Bundle deal, and by this time the bugs and glitches some have mentioned were obviously fixed as I didn't encounter any of them. The graphics are pixelated yes, but they are rich, colorful and there are plenty of little details in the fauna that makes things alive compared to most games that feel so sterile and boring after a few minutes. This is not the case with FEZ; it's a game that was made with passion as a huge amount of details as been put in the game, which makes me wonder the agenda of those that gave the game a score below 6. I play this game on a PS2 gamepad using an adapter (not the most conventional way to play a pc game), nevertheless, I'd never had so much ease to input the controls and to make everything work so nicely on the first try; it's intuitive and enjoyable to rotate the map using the L1-L2 buttons although most people using a keyboard might have a harder time adjusting the controls to their taste. The game being pretty and having nice controls is sure nice but it wouldn't go anywhere near stardom classic without a master soundtrack, which happen to be the case here. The music is not the most melodic you'll ever hear; but it fits the game perfectly which make the whole package feels like symbiosis. I've seen a crapload of 2d games in the past few years that all look the same, FEZ is different; it feels unique, looks unique and is a memorable experience and for that it deserves to be reckon. Most of the reason you'll see bashing around this gem seem to be about the main developer being rude, whose seem to put too much love into his game and not enough for his community which make some people go mad about him and his creation. We seem to forget that the only thing we should expect from a developer is the game, nothing else. FEZ stands to me as one of the best 2d platformer on the pc, alongside Cave Story. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Expand
  5. May 2, 2013
    The game is simply amazing. I don't really care what Phil Fish says the thing is he made a masterpiece here. I really don't know how he figured out all the level designs by himself, but it works so well and so cleverly. Anyway, stop whining about his statements, and buy this game. The art design, the puzzles, and oh, the amazing soundtrack all make for one of the best indie games ever made. There are some bugs and crashes, but hey one guy did the art and the puzzles, and the other guy did the programming. I think we can forgive them, especially when this is their first PC project. Expand
  6. May 1, 2013
    Phil Fish, this review is a personal congratulation on your masterpiece. I know it is already 2 years since its release but only know I could fully comprehend the best inner part of the game. The system of turning the world from 2D to 3D is outstanding, graphics are brilliant, gameplay is marvelous and with that audio surroundings are perfectly relaxing. For such a price (which I consider nothing to give 2 guys who have been working their ass off to get this tremendous game) it is not only one of the best Indie games, but as well one of the best games created. Puzzles are interesting, storyline is fascinating and dialogues are funny! Hope you will read this and smile! Thank you again for the experience I have lived through because of you! 10/10, no questions Expand
  7. May 1, 2013
    This is an EXCELLENT game. It is intelligent. It has secrets and puzzles that take the game play way beyond the 'retro platformer" that I expected. It plays smooth and rewards exploration. I get the same rewarding enjoyment out of this game as I did when I played Portal, Portal 2 or Antichamber or the old-school Zork games. You feel accomplishment when a puzzle is solved or a secret is found. This is a game that makes you say, "Jeez, that's brilliant." To the people saying that it does not run well on their system, IT IS YOUR SYSTEM, NOT THE GAME. I am playing this on a 3 year old ASUS G74 laptop with a 24 inch external 1980 x 1200 monitor, much more then what the computer is designed for and it runs without any issues what-so-ever.

It game was $10 very well spent! I do suggest using a game pad when playing it as the game is designed to be played that way.

If you love ANY of the games I mentioned above, give this awesome game a try.
  8. May 1, 2013
    Amazing game. PC gamers who love platform games will love this game. When I first started playing I feel in love with the world. It's an amazing puzzle game and it does not cost that much at all. GET IT.
  9. May 3, 2013
    This game is one of the best indie released to this date. Don't listen to bad reviews because as you'll see they're only based on judgement about it's genius maker Phil Fish. And like all geniuses, it doesn't fit in a box that stupid people feel confortable with. But the game is un-criticable it's an innovative, beautifully designed and directed exploration game with a unique feel crafted from spot-on soundtrack and charming universe. Fùùù the haters Expand
  10. May 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. its always see a game with a different idea than just a shooter and it's really a platformer the a concept amazing visuals are breathtaking. I think the game plays really solid and as experience no other game can copy Expand
  11. Sep 1, 2013
    People just don't get this game. Its all about getting immersed in its amazing world. Its surely casual, and its the best of the best in being casual.
  12. May 4, 2013
    This is way better than the one on console (I own both), and I really didn't have any complaints at all. I'm not sure why people are even giving this game negative scores, If you actually read their reviews it sounds like they're joking about it.
  13. May 1, 2013
    This brought a new 3D world While staying in a 2D world A Very fun puzzle games for a low price and hours of Puzzles. If your looking for some puzzle fun this game is for you the worlds are very nicely designed.
  14. May 2, 2013
    FEZ brings pixels to life. The vivid colors and music that gives every scene its own style and atmosphere makes every discovery and exploration worthwhile. I could not stop smiling at it and at times I would just pause to appreciate the artistry and the environment. It gives a refreshing taste of platformer and puzzle games.
  15. May 9, 2013
    I wasn't sure what experience to expect, but for the little money you pay for it on Steam you are rewarded with a beautifully imagined game world.

Simple yet taxing on the brain, it really is a work of art. The outstanding soundtrack completes the immersion and you quickly understand why this game is so highly rated.

The guy who created this and fellow contributors who helped
    complete the magic are genius and we NEED these kind of people to thrive and succeed. The PC version plays in HD and is arguably the best version. So far the game runs stellar and I have had no problems with crashes running on Windows 8 64 bit and a ATI HD 7850 graphics card with 8GB of system memory.

Based on my experience, I would urge you to buy a copy immediately without hesitation.
  16. JAP
    May 11, 2013
    Fez is easily one of the best games i have ever played. The game play mechanics, the level design, the artwork, the secrets, new language and even counting system. everything is superbly done, and Polytron, most notably Phil Fish, deserves two thumbs up for creating a game that I found both challenging and entertaining (a rare feat in today's world of games where the majority of the gaming population plays games like COD or WOW.)
    So what are you waiting for? Every second you waste not finding Cubes and AntiCubes is another when the Hexahedron is in pieces, and every second the Hexahedron is in pieces the more the world glitches and falls apart, and the more the world glitches and falls apart the more the world is filled with black holes, and you don't really want to know when the world is full of black holes :P
    Buy it. Play it. I promise you won't be disappointed.
  17. May 12, 2013
    Firstly let me say that I have never written a metacritic review before, but I love this game so much that it physically hurts, and I just had to let other people know that. I'm an 80s and 90s kid mostly, and this game really took me back to the likes of Super Mario 64, and the Legend of Zelda series in it's ethos and gameplay style.

Firstly it is necessary to say that it is quite a
    smart game, and that might scare some people. There is thinking required to even reach the end of the game, let alone to 100% it so in that sense I can understand your average Call of Duty robot being put off by this. However what I will say is that this is hands-down the most faithful representation of those old platforming games you used to love, reproduced in beautiful and often pretty trippy 8-bit graphics. Furthermore, this is a game with depth I was able to re-explore areas I had already 'finished' when I learnt some of the game's later secrets. As a result, you feel like you know the layout of the world very well by the end, which add a really memorable character to the overall experience.

In short, if you like your games intelligent, thoughtfully designed, and completely absorbing, then you owe it to yourself to play this game. It's not a game which will last you for months and months, but it is an absolutely unforgettable and charming experience. Don't be put off by the people who are angry because they had to use their brain to play the game, or who had unfortunate technical issues and couldn't see past this. Many more people than that have had no issues, and have been impressed with this game as I have. This one really is not to be missed.
  18. May 14, 2013
    I didn't get sucked in by the hype. This game is great. Music, retro graphics, puzzles... I haven't played anything this fun in ages. I bought the soundtrack and remix soundtracks for it too the music is a cracker.

If you've got $10, spend it on this and make up your own mind. Some gonna love it, some not; it's maybe not serious enough for the "pro's", but if you want a fun platformer
    with buckets of style, this will make you ooh, aah and giggle in equal measure.

Oh, and it can be damn frustrating. Just before you solve that next piece of the puzzle...

Well done, Polytron. More please.
  19. Sep 28, 2013
    Fez is the only game that has actually made me fill up several notebook pages with notes about its puzzles. The core mechanic is mind-blowing and very versatile, and the puzzles are very hard but VERY rewarding to solve.

This is not to mention that Fez is a masterpiece both visually and audibly. The visuals and music combine to make a world that is incredibly absorbing and pleasant to play in.
  20. Jun 1, 2013
    I was waiting for this one for about 2 years since it has ralsed on XBOX. This game has awesome art, soundtrack and story. I don't really think that there's any bad aspect. And yes, it uses a lot of memory and CPU but it's not that bad at all.
  21. Jun 9, 2013
    This is probably the most aesthetically pleasing platformer of all time. The pixel art paired with the awesome soundtrack create a great gaming experience. This game was well worth the wait.
  22. Jun 15, 2013
    Perfect inexpressible atmosphere, cool puzzles and well conceived in detail it's all about FEZ. Everything in this game (except clock puzzle) is perfect. I've completed the game immediately after the release on the PC on my linux laptop through Wine and I have not met a single bug (crashes, broken saves, CPU overload, etc).

There are some people, who hates Phil Fish (general creator of
    FEZ) because Phil was shown as disgusting man (often just pulling words out of context). So, don't believe negative reviews: most likely they are not objective. Expand
  23. Jun 23, 2013
    Fez is a love letter to classic gaming. Every bit of this game is detailed down to the last pixel. Fez is full of secrets and puzzles that make you think. Yes the game has a few minor glitches but when is any game perfect. It is amazing to see that Phil Fish was able to release this game to pc where it belongs and Microsoft for wanting $10,000 just to patch it. Designing games is not easy and for this to be Phil's first project shows that FEZ 2 will be even better. Expand
  24. Jul 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this game is really cool especial the game play really fluid actually a awesome history graphic for a indi game actually awesome but the change of view principle was really estrange after you manners it Expand
  25. Aug 7, 2013
    2 minutes in game and you understand that game starts ideally. You can't believe in it and... make first steps, listen first music. After you understand that is why games often have name Art. All game emotional kick. And this kick like knockout. Fast and accurate.
    It's a story and emotions, very private and very personally. I always feel myself like a thief who sneaking in another life
    and watching by her from shelter. Surprised by her. Believes in her and is jealous of her. Incredible world. Incredible music. And incredible game. Expand
  26. Aug 1, 2013
    Amazing synthesis of platformer and puzzle game. Fun, challenging, beautiful. It was a long time since game forced me to write down encrypted messages to decode them. And I liked it!
  27. Aug 3, 2013
    Very well made and interesting game, i would recommend it to ALL gamers. Not just indie/platformer enthusiasts. The gameplay is not hard, considering you can never die. Though i seem to be stuck at places that requires me to wrinkle my brain to progress. 10+!
  28. Sep 29, 2013
    I don't see what all the bad press is for Fez is easily one of my favourite platformers. The rotation concept works well, and the retro graphics complement it beautifully. Puzzles are well designed and challenging. I do agree that there could have been a little bit more of a tutorial, but I managed to pick everything up pretty easily. All in all, very good.
  29. Feb 10, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece, im not usually into these kinda 8 bit looking games but this one made me feel like a kid again was some trippy effects almost old school Atari like, really enjoyed this game.
  30. Sep 13, 2013
    This is one of those game that are not made anymore. Even if its a very recent game, it has the feel of those old games I was playing when I was a kid.I got it in the Humble Bundle, and gave everything to the developer, Phil Fish. Even though people don't like him, Im one of the rare person that really likes him.

This is probably one of the best game Ive ever played. The level designs
    are awesome and the story is really awesome. You still know that it is a video game, you don't get in your character too much, but you really want to find those cube fragments, not because you just want to finish the game, but because you want to know what is going to happen.

The animations are great and very fluid. We can really see the attention to details in this game. Every move have their own animation and every combinations are planned.

The only downside of this game is that, even after some updates, there is still bugs. But they don't change your gameplay experience at all, something may seem funny, but it wont stop you from playing the game. And after all, its a bit in the spirit of the game to have bugs ;)

I still give it 10/10, because I really love Phil Fish and his game. I don't know if I will see more from him, but I really hope so.

Phil, if you ever read this, and I know that there are almost no chances that you read this but I don't care: If you meet enemies and people that hates you, its just like in video games, you are going the right way. Don't stop to share your opinions as openly as you do. Someone that have everyone loving him has achieved nothing.
  31. Sep 25, 2013
    This game is more "art" than "game". Not too much story but that is ok for a jump and run. This game is for everyone who love to play retro-style jump and runs with a nice story and without bad guys.
  32. Sep 15, 2013
    Excellent blend of art, atmosphere and retro puzzle platformer. The 2D/3D transitions work really well, the soundtrack is incredible, the puzzles are hard, and the fez is red. Subtle references to the past make for a surprisingly deep and interesting storyline that keeps you thinking.

Also one of the best games I've played on Steam's Big Picture mode. Excellent TV and controller
    support.

Edit: Just reading some people's complaints of a crash after Gomez is fezzed. All I have to say is, holy crap you are stupid.
  33. Sep 29, 2013
    I believe this game is by far the greatest indie platform title ive ever played.it brings back arcade style games and stunned me in detailed maps and warp gates.if you ever want to play an indie game then this is it.
  34. Oct 21, 2013
    A nostalgic re-imagining of what 8bit gaming felt like modernized for the Internet age. The hey day of 8bit gaming was decorated with Nintendo titles that hinted at vast expansive worlds realized through simplistic subtle details. Prior to universal access to information school yards collective minds elaborated these subtle details into pervasive and rich worlds filled with rumour and myths. Fez re-imagines a universe knowingly inside a Computer where the characters are hapless victims shackled to their limited perspective.

Reality is constantly exposed as a layered onion with the protagonist Gomez bridging the gaps to not only additional dimensions but genuinely new perspectives as the rich world is genuinely realized and delivers in a way the classic 8bit universes never did. The puzzles in the game are deliberately challenging, including entire encoded languages, fourth dimensional treasure maps and secrets in the soundtrack wave forms. Only the collective effort of the Internet could the deceptively rich world of Fez be unraveled.

Many games have resurrected the game play of the 8bit era, but this is perhaps the first to invoke the same school yard myth making of the 8bit era. The Internet is rife with speculation of meaning found in its subtle clues. The most challenging of optional puzzles cannot be solved without years of collective effort.

One of a kind.
  35. Oct 29, 2013
    Just signed up here to write this review and doubt I will give any other game a 10 for a very long time. In almost 30 years of gaming (I'm 33) this has to rate as one of the best experiences I've had. As you make your way to 209.4% you will laugh, catch your breath, shiver and have spontaneous outbursts as you slowly work things out (mostly) by yourself, moving deeper into the story and levels of Fez and past just being a game, through classic, and ending at masterpiece.
    Thanks so much Polytron.
  36. Dec 26, 2013
    Brilliant game that introduces a new and interesting gameplay mechanic where the player can rotate a 2 dimensional world.

The goal is to roam around in an open world and solve puzzles. When that is done you are awarded with cubes or "bits" which make up a cube when you have 8 of them. These elements mark your progress throughout the game.

You make progress partly by getting through
    platforming segments and then furter on deciphering codes or finding different patterns in the world which lead you to a solution. The latter is something I personally look positively on because for once the player is actually required to think a bit more to make any progress.

The game presents itself in a very calm fashion with (GREAT) 8-bit ambient music and cute art style.

There are a lot of (REAAAALLYY) well hidden secrets in this game so be prepared to challenge yourself if you want to experience the most interesting parts.

Overall I think the game was definitely worth the money and I would say that any player out there who is eager to try something new and original should absolutely try FEZ.

My score is:

+ (Great) Original idea
    + Awesome sountrack
    + Calm and appealing atmosphere

- The hub based world traveling could have been better
    - Some elements (black holes) where distracting at certain parts of the game
  37. Dec 5, 2013
    The Best Indie Puzzle Platform Videogame of last years. The soundtrack, the gameplay, the story, the pixel graphic, the landscapes are ULTRA BEAUTIFUL For the first minute i don't enjoy very much with this game but after playing some hours this game become your best choice for having some fun and sincerely i don't like very much this indie puzzle platform videogames (like Mark of the Ninja) but this is very beautiful, it's like Super Mario for gameboy but the 10.0 upgrade version for the amount of innovations. Expand
  38. Dec 3, 2013
    This is an art game, a complete zen experience. You need sometime to understand all moviments anda concepts. Soundtrack is really amazing. I`m sure that the autor took so long time to deliver this game because tried to do the best of him
  39. Dec 6, 2013
    Sometimes it's very hard, yes... but the atmosphere and the 8-bit graphics are fantastic! il liked it very much! i know that this review is useless but i'm useless too so i wrote it. daah! just kidding! i'm a spaceship!
  40. Dec 9, 2013
    A game for all ages, truly. Such a joy to see a 16 bit revival going on. Brilliant mechanics, soothing ambient soundtrack. I really am enjoying this game! It's also a relief to play a game devoid of obscene language, unnecessary gore, and suggestive content that is so fun to play. Good clean fun for everyone
  41. Feb 21, 2014
    This game is so creative, a masterpiece, isn't intended to have beautiful graphics, but it's the mostly pure art.

These Fez puzzles are absolutely great and fun to solve, so many hidden places, hidden stuff, one of the best games that I played in 2013/14.
  42. Mar 24, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece of indie development. Breathtaking locations, challenging puzzles, and head-scratching secrets make this game one of a kind. FEZ manages to be tough and challenging without every becoming frustrating. Anyone who gave this a bad rating because it crashed on their computer really have no respect for indies or indie developers.
  43. Jan 5, 2014
    FEZ is one of the best indie games of all times, from the graphics to the mechanics, characters, script and specially the music (which is now a part of my daily commute routine)... each one of its details has been carefully developed, creating a fun and absolutely enjoyable game that will give you hours of entertainment.

Most of the game mechanics are very intuitive, and the 2D/3D logic
    it's absolutely beautiful and nostalgic. The only downside is that it could be pretty hard to decipher some puzzles: not so easy to understand the meaning of the glyphs, but that's just a part of the game and you can even play it all without solving those puzzles (of course, you can easily find some cheat sheets to help a little bit).

I'd love to play a FEZ 2
  44. Jan 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This negative response, by an army of internet **** to this game just because the maker of the game cracked under the pressure of an army of internet **** is... sad, to say the least. This game is a stroke of genius, and while it certainly has its flaws ( a lot of the puzzles just appear recycled in the later stages) these are few and VERY far between. Lets start with the gameplay; i have heard a lot of people on the steam reviews criticise this game for being overly simply... then you look at their playtime; 20 minutes sometimes... wow. This game, while it looks it at first, is not a game to be taken lightly. what appears to be a small, relatively linear cube filled world turns into a sprawling universe, complete with intricate level design, sound design and a seemingly endless list of puzzles... for Christs sake, this guy made a entire language, code and timeline simply for one game. The non-existence of a death penalty perfectly suits the pace of the game, as does the lack of any enemies. This game is one to be played in many many short sessions.
    Moving on, graphics and aesthetic;...SPOT ON, PHIL! from the unique design of every block to a quick brown fox jumping over the lazy dog, and then to the character Gomez (the fez bearer) everything is fantastic just to stare at, to say nothing of interacting with it.
    all in all, this game has an overwhelming amount of content that is well worth the five year wait.
    If i was allowed, i would give this an 11
  45. Mar 16, 2014
    Why does this masterpiece get so much hate? The game has a simple concept, surrounding many secrets. If all you haters would leave the creator alone, we would see a sequel. The language gives you a challenge, and the puzzles are well thought out. If you really played the game, you would understand why it's not what these users are saying.
  46. Mar 17, 2014
    An artistic masterpiece a must for any player who likes exploration made out of pixels with vivid colors and has an amazing sound track played by Disasterpeace make this game an incredible package to buy for only 9.99$.
  47. Mar 22, 2014
    Отличный атмосферный инди-платформер, в замечательном выдержанном визуальном и музыкальном стиле. Саму игру еще не прошел, но от ее прохождения получаю массу эстетического удовольствия. Кто гонится за графоном и экшОном, просьба пройти мимо и не загаживать такую шедевральную в своем роде игру.
    P.S. После просмотра документального фильма "Indie game: the movie" еще больше полюбил Fez. И
    как дань уважения к разработчику этой игры (Phil Fish), ставлю твердую 10! Expand
  48. May 7, 2013
    I'm not a big platform gaming fan, and I don't play all that many indie games. But you can tell the guy that made this put a lot of work into it. I saw the documentary on Netflix that featured this game and I cannot say that I was all that interested in it. But I kept reading things about it and it's only $10 on steam so I figured what the hell, why not try it out. I'm glad I did. The game literally put a smile on my face as I realized the developer was intending on marrying old-school graphics with a 3d effect that plays an important role in the game. He pulls it off nicely. You have to change views in order to progress to find the cubes. It's like a 3d puzzle. I played the first level so far and I'm impressed with the attention to detail. From the floating cube helper that tells you everything, to popups that give you hints, to the world map, it's as if the guy thought of everything to make the game more of an enjoyment that a frustration...a casual game is what I wanted and this is what I got. I really like the fact that if I die, I re-spawn right where I last was just before i made the mistake so that I don't find myself repeating things over and over and getting bored. $10 well spent! Expand
  49. May 6, 2013
    You can feel the love care and attention lavished on this game through every pixel of its sumptuous levels.
    It is not often that you come across a game that has its own language and number set. The different rooms and levels are littered with symbols and clues that you can either dismiss as decoration or, if you are prepared to put in some time code- cracking ,a rich diverse and rewarding
    universe awaits you.
    Not all of it is perfect by any means. Some of the levels are better than others, and moving from hub to hub and room to room can be frustrating and time consuming.
    Any one who thinks of themselves as a Gamer is duty bound to play this game, regardless of platform, and once I become Ruler of the Universe I shall make it compulsory for everyone
  50. May 8, 2013
    Not a single technical problem encountered. Enjoyed the game from start to finish.

This game reminded me some golden memories from the past and yet brought enough new to me.
    Unique mechanic idea that doesn't get boring as the levels evolve and improve from time to time. Immersive and beautifully crafted world to explore, interesting puzzles and secrets to dis-cover. With enough fun,
    mystery and replayability, the game manages to live up to all the 'noise' around it that we've been hearing for five years.

Congrats Polytron.
  51. May 7, 2013
    at first, before they updated this game, it wouldn't run. once this issue was fixed, i found myself drawn into this universe of 2d and 3d. the graphics are beautiful and the environments make this game beautiful. i told myself i would play 20 minutes of it then stop, then 2 hours passed and i realized that i had gotten pulled in. this game is almost perfect. the only thing i would change is the addition of fall damage, which sometimes makes a small fall kill you. Expand
  52. May 6, 2013
    This is essentially Mario 64 crossed with Myst with a gorgeous audiovisual aesthetic. If you are the kind of person who that appeals to you will love this. For "thinkers and explorers".

Sprawling, with puzzles ranging from clever yet simple to insanely deep and complex. The king of puzzle platformers. The rotation is used to cleverly and in ways too diverse to be called a "gimmick". Art
    and soundtrack are both stunning. Expand
  53. May 5, 2013
    I've always had my eye on this game, and my expectations for it were extremely high. It is definitely an extremely fun and solid game. One of the best indie games in the market, and I'm not sure why there are so many players who hate it. The port itself is not horrible. I recommend that this game be played with a gamepad, simple because it was designed to be played with one. The atmosphere of the game is so colorful and vivid that playing it is such a pleasure. There are definitely some flaws, but I would rate this game a 9/10. Expand
  54. May 6, 2013
    Fun and pretty, with nice music. Fez ran very stably for me on 3-year-old hardware. I enjoyed going beyond the regular gameplay to figure out the embedded puzzles in NewGame+ mode. Fez gives back what you choose to invest in it, which is very refreshing for a modern game. I give it 9 and not 10 because at its most basic level, before deciphering any of the in-game language, there isn't much driving you forward except the desire to explore new pretty areas. Expand
  55. May 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm used to being long-winded about games, but this one left me speechless. Fez is the result of what felt like an eternity of work (though, admittedly, it was all programmed by one guy, whose story is told in part of the excellent documentary film, Indie Game: The Movie), and man, oh man, was it worth the wait! The audiovisual landscape in Fez is lush and beautiful; no two levels look or sound the same, and the sound and appearance of each world are beguilingly, inextricably linked. Many times, I found myself simply marveling at each new world as it came into focus. Fez is lax on cogent narrative structure, and many people will likely be turned off by the fact that it's essentially one long fetch-quest. Those people should safely be ignored. Fez will challenge your logical mind like no Zelda block-pushing puzzle ever has. It pushes you by presenting seemingly impossible tasks that have incredibly simple solutions. It never relies on your platforming ability alone (which is particularly nice because the controls are a little slippery sometimes), but rather asks you to figure out the simplest way to overcome an obstacle. I was often stuck for a solution to something for hours at a time before I would shift my perspective (quite literally) and finally have something click. Fez has themes akin to (and a denouement seemingly deliberately reminiscent of) 2001: A Space Odyssey and is as absorbing and worthy of a note-taking friend as Myst was all those years ago. Mysticism in games (no pun intended) has not lost its luster. Fez really made me think of self-determinism and internal structure in a whole new light; and yes, it's just as esoteric as it sounds, but it's not without its charm, either. My one and only true caveat for this game is a warning; purists beware, you're going to search online sometimes. I completed this game in its entirety in about fifteen hours, and I'd like to think I did an admirable job at puzzle solving for the most part. If you keep your eyes open and sharp, you'll find hints that will help you greatly. Let me say that again; greatly. All the same, some of these puzzles are so esoteric, you have to be a pretty-near obsessive person to hunt down some solutions. One of my favorites was a puzzle featuring two intermittently flashing lights. One Internet search later, I learned that I had to convert those lights into binary ones and zeros. Then, I had to change those digits to ASCII programming script. Yeesh! Other than that little adventure, the puzzles are head-scratchers without being so overwhelming. I highly recommend this game to anyone who's willing to feel a little stupid and awed at its awesome complexity. Expand
  56. Jun 21, 2013
    I have to give this game credit for it's super unique design and unique story. Also, the gameplay is fun and there are some clever puzzles. There's a lot to be discovered in Fez and for the price it's well worth a purchase.
  57. Jun 16, 2013
    Its a very good game.It has a cool ending. And gameplay is good but it is prety bland and not revoliutionery but good the game fun to play and is very interesting and even creative at some times. final verdickt is good job if you can do any better youl get tens all around.
  58. Jul 20, 2013
    The negative reviews are far from right. This game was great on Xbox, and it is better to see an indie game like this come to its true home: PC. The graphics are cute and the retro setting fits accordingly. The actual game mechanics are simplistic and it's fun to see what puzzles you can accomplish using them. The music is calming and beautiful. I am able to run this game with no lag or bugs, so I can say for sure that it runs PRETTY well. There is a lot of indie games out there, and few can accomplish gaining the beauty games like Fez have. Expand
  59. Jul 21, 2013
    Beautiful game, the people giving negative scores really just don't like the developer. It's a very beautiful puzzle-platformer both aesthetically and in terms of gameplay.
  60. Jul 26, 2013
    Really fun and interesting platformer. It does what it sets out to do very well. It reminds me of the kind of fun I had while playing Mario Galaxy on the Wii. There are nice little touches that really make me experience the game instead of just watch it.

Did have some first launch issues (Microsoft .net related) but after a windows update and restart the game worked fine.
  61. Aug 13, 2013
    I can't do this game quite the justice it deserves. It is crescent fresh, absolutely gorgeous and charming! I won't spoil the mechanics but they will twist your mind in unheard-of ways. The story and world interaction made me all fuzzy inside. The sound deserves a great system cranked way way up. I wish all games sounded this good. Not only the sound effects but the music, so odd and otherworldly, just divine. Oh and talk about tough puzzles. There are plenty.

The only disappointment was after about 70% the way through it just got repetitive. I never actually finished it but it's one of those games where when you come back after a hiatus, there's a metric ton of enjoyment awaiting you.

One hint. Don't jump ahead, play it through in its proper sequence. (which is tough to figure out at first) It's much much more satisfying.

8/10 but gave it a 9 for bravery, charm and sheer imagination.
  62. Sep 12, 2013
    Taking a new spin on 2D platforming, indie game developer Phil Fish has woven a world that is so stunningly simple yet sublime to explore. The 3D rotation mechanic, the core feature of the game, seems straightforward at first but continues to dazzle and amaze at the bizarre affects it can achieve on a fundamentally 2D landscape. Unfortunately, with no other major game mechanics this can get a little old a little quickly, but is largely salvaged by the game's quirky zone-to-zone designs accompanied by a phenomenal chiptune reminiscent soundtrack by Disasterpeace.

The only real complain I can register towards the game is how the platforming and puzzles seem to clash. Much of the early game consists of traveling through the overworld. Once one had that complete, they would eventually need to decode hieroglyphics in order to solve a jumble of sometimes maddeningly obtuse puzzles (one optional puzzle in the game has yet to be fully solved by anybody in the entire world). Because of this many platformers might be stymied by a sudden onslaught of puzzles in late game, where puzzle seekers may be exhausted by the continual platforming to get places.

Nevertheless, this unusual combination of gameplay along with the novel mechanic of a 2D world manipulated by a third dimension can leave for a very unique experience. A definite triumph in the indie industry, Fez shows us how simple yet enjoyable game mechanics can be enough to craft a memorable gaming experience.
  63. Oct 20, 2013
    I really like the concept of the 2d 3d mix and Fez pulls this off very well. The art and music is fantastic, very peaceful. My only problem with Fez is the plot and the length of the game. Within an hour I got bored of the game with no real end in sight. Having some kind of progress bar to show how long left till the end would help relieve boredom with the occasional "Wow, I'm getting really far into the game now!" Expand
  64. Oct 26, 2013
    I would first like to say that this is a review of the game, not the developer.

In a nutshell, FEZ is an interesting puzzle/platformer with a twist, but there's more to it than that. FEZ paints a pixelated picture of an innocent gaming land, a place where no harm can come. The only threat is that of falling; there are no aliens to shoot, bad guys to kill, no enemies of any kind.

The
    art in this game definitely gets a 10/10 from me, as well as the soundtrack. The only reason I don't give this game a perfect score is because of the slightly boring gameplay. Yes I said it. As I described above, it's beautiful. Amazing. With so many secrets, easter-eggs, and places to go this game should offer many hours of exploring. I guess I just haven't found the interest in doing so. Expand
  65. Nov 30, 2013
    I am in utter shock as too why players don't like this game. "It's great!!"

Everything about this games save for some aspects of the graphics is absolutely perfect. The controls the audio, the gameplay is all top notch and the devs put a lot of effort into what I thought might be an okay game, but boy was I surprised at the wonderment that this game yields to players. This is better
    than Mario or most other platy's hands down....due in no small part to the depth of the dimensions and what they add. The characters are charming and the concept is brilliant.

Kudos to the devs and hats off to you for this lil gem...hope we see more of these type of games in the future.
  66. Oct 3, 2013
    Fez. There has been said a lot, but I'm happy I hardly read any of it before playing this game. In short this multidimensional puzzle-platformer has a lot of great ideas, novel puzzles and some ridiculously stupid ones which are way too convoluted for their own good. Which are which? Well, for most of them it depends on your own ability to solve them and make use of out of the box thinking. But if you want every and all of them solved you'll end up on the internet looking for solutions. Now I don't know if that's a good thing. Maybe it was supposed to bring people together on forums, some sort of indirect multiplayer aspect. Maybe it was just done to troll on players. Probably a bit of both. What I do like -to a certain extend- are the links to the world outside of gaming. Can't say too much about that without spoiling it though.

I love Fez's graphic style. The colors are great, I enjoyed the paper-mario like mixture of 2D and 3D graphics and the special effects are really nice and flashy. At the time I played it there were no bugs whatsoever, so everything went smooth on that part.The world itself has the usual places (sewers, forest, city, graveyard) but I like the way they have been executed. Level design is not ultimate best, but the whole rotating aspect and the multitude of stuff to discover make them very interesting nevertheless.
    The story isn't told completely mute, but it could have been. It's not a very deep one on it's own, but it does make you think multi-dimensional thoughts, so to speak. It airs of wisdomintelligence and simplicity all at the same time (sometimes humorous), and that's a feeling you'll experience a lot during the game.

All in all I enjoyed Fez a lot and I hope some of the novelties will be reused in puzzlers yet to come. Just not too far-fetched please, like the red heart cube ones.
  67. Sep 25, 2013
    Fez is not original, no, it borrows a lot from other games, but what it does it does right. I enjoyed my time exploring all the little worlds, jumping from platform to platform and turning the world around me to solve it's often clever puzzles.

I did however find that not a lot is explained. After the intro you're basically thrown into this world and where you go from there you have to
    find out for yourself. Adds to the mystery of exploration, sure, but a bit more guidance from time to time would have been nice. This especially goes for a lot of the secrets and hidden puzzles. To find and/or solve most of these you have to learn and understand the in-game language. Nowhere in the game is this clearly explained, and If i hadn't come across it in a guide i was looking at i never would have known. Cool that you want to give a game it's own puzzling language that adds to the gameplay, but let the player know about it because i reckon a lot of gamers have looked past it and that is a shame for the extra amount of gameplay it offers. Expand
  68. Nov 13, 2013
    Very charming and fun old school game with a fantastic twist on the 2.5D angle. There may well be some bugs but if you can fight past those you have a very witty, fun and warm game.
  69. Dec 28, 2013
    Absolutely beautiful and enjoyable game. All of the low scores are because of it's crashes/glitches in early stages, these are ALL FIXED as far as I'm concerned. This game revolves around collecting objects, and with no actual fast-paced action it's a very calming game, and not to mention it's very atmospheric as well! Very fun game here, I just wish the worlds/levels were set up a little more organized, it is very easy to get lost and ends up wasting a lot of time you could've spent exploring more of this very unique and beautiful world! Overall though, I definitely recommend this game to anyone that wants a relaxing, slow-paced platformer, with beautiful, eye-pleasing visuals and classic retro sound effects, and an awesome atmosphere and a truly unique world. Expand
  70. May 2, 2013
    rooms are so stupid. There's no way of knowing what to do and I won't look for some idiot's help. Game crashed for the first time after about 2 hours of playing. Graphics are so stunning wow. Awesome job. Music is also very good. Overall pretty good game aside from those cons.
  71. Oct 23, 2013
    This game is great if you know what you're getting into. I used to spend some time playing Sword and Sworcery with my headphones on between the hours of 12 a.m. and 3 a.m., and I loved it. Fez is for those who want a similar experience. It's not strenuous, it isn't meant to get your adrenaline flowing, its just a puzzle game, with one very simply yet creative and complex mechanic. The simplicity of the game combined with the art design and a rather relaxing soundtrack put it at the top of my list.

Now that being said, another one of my favorite concepts within the game can also be the most frustrating. The secrets within Fez require a lot of tedious work, and on occasion you will have to cheat or simply discover some secrets on accident. It took me an age and a half to realize how to translate the language created by Polytron. And some rooms that contain secrets I've spent what has felt like ages walking around in, only for them to still remain mysteries for me today.

The other issue I have with the game is that the PC version is a somewhat lazy port. On rare occasion you will find the game referring to Xbox controls. I myself also have a serious issue with playing the game in fullscreen on higher resolutions, resulting in bad flicker, screen tears and lines across the monitor (however this seems to be a personal build issue, as I don't see it reported very often).

Overall I gave this game an 8/10. It really is a lovely experience for those who are looking for just that. You are never punished for making mistakes, you just try your hand at the puzzles until they are solved. I do wish there would be a few minor fixes for the game, but I honestly do believe that this was a success by Polytron, and I do hope to see more from them in the future.
  72. Jun 11, 2013
    Indie Game The Movie there I've found out about this game. The genre isn't my piece of cake, but I was curious about the game mechanics. I must say this game is pretty original combining 2D and 3D. The graphics are pretty, the music is relaxing. The world has a lot of details and seems to be crafted with love.
    I won't be dissing Phil Fish because he really made a game which can be
    advised to try to almost every gamer because it gives unique and refreshing experience. Expand
  73. Sep 12, 2013
    Great puzzle game and is incredibly original. Just genuinely fun to play. Sad to see its score getting effected because of the 360 versions problems..
  74. Jun 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is an amazing game i see the indie game movie i see you work and i cans say OMG WHAT A GOOD WORK MEN AN AMAZING GAMES WITH A LOT OF TRICKY LEVELS IT IS PRETTY AWESOME BUT IT HAVE LITTLE MISTAKES IN THE DOWNLOAD A LITTLE PROBLEM (i just finish the game it is an special game... Expand
  75. Oct 16, 2013
    This game isn't necessarily innovating much, but the way it utilizes the mechanics and clever puzzles that require more than just in-game tools makes it quite unique. The game has quite a lot of bugs though, and while most aren't game-breaking, it does kind of remove the player from the experience.
  76. Sep 8, 2013
    Classic, retro story and art style with a cool new concept. 8 points for originality and putting all the pieces together in a way that makes it a fun, challenging game. Only issue I see, is that it might be a bit repetitive, just take breaks and come back to the game another time, if you get bored, or can't figure something out. Don't look up guides, that's just spoiling the puzzle aspect of the game. Overall, a definite purchase for indie game fans. Expand
  77. Mar 22, 2014
    I really enjoyed exploring this game. The mix of 2D/3D was a really nice concept. The only downside is that it is pretty easy. There are no enemies, and if you fall you respawn immediately with no consequences. Jumping to your death to get a hard to reach cube is a perfectly viable option.
    Most of the puzzles to beat the game are pretty easy, but then there are some puzzles that are
    pretty much impossible. After significant effort I looked some up online to see that I never would have known the solution.
    Overall I highly recommend this game for the neat exploration mechanics, but if you are a super hardcore gamer you might get bored pretty quick.
  78. May 4, 2013
    The initial PC release had a tendency to crash, but that seems to be resolved by now. Besides that, Fez is about as good as you could expect: nice pixealart graphics, interesting and unique game mechanics and levels/puzzles that make it shine. And unless you plan on getting all the secrets, Fez is also rather short and easy, and I didn't really mind that, because...

...while the game is
    fine as it is, I did not feel like playing something memorable and there are acpects of the design that are simply bothersome. First there are those black hole things that block your movements. They are just annoying and in most cases reentering the level makes them dissapear. And this does not seem to be a bug. I am not really sure what is the point of having those obstacles, if I can just get rid of them and even if I don't, there does not seem to be any kind of reward for navigating around them.

Then there is the matter of traveling across larger distances in the world. The world itself is a bunch of interconnected levels with a few (like 5) hubs that allow instant travel between them. Also at the end of some of the levels there are small teleports that will get you to closest hub. So, travel between the hubs is fast and easy, but getting to the actual puzzle further away from the hub requires you to jump again through all the levels on the way. Which is as annoying as it sounds, if not more. I really wish that I could just get instantly to any level I have already been to.

Furthermore the retro 3-colored levels are pain to navigate and the world feels just incredibly empty. The village at the beginning is just filled with interesting NPCs, and there is a similiar one near the end of the game, but inbetween, all those locations feel just like puzzles with fancy props, devoid of any actual life. A bunch of reappearing NPCs throughout the world would help the immersion so much, but no luck thre either.

So, yeah, Fez does what was expected of it and does it well, but there is not much more beyond that, which is kinda shame. And yeah, there seem to be loads of secrets that might ramp up the playtime and difficulty considerably, but the game wasn't really that fun for me to bother with those.
  79. Jul 17, 2013
    Fez would be perfect if it worked the way it should have on launch. The game itself is really interesting, featuring a bright color palette and is jam packed with interesting design choices. Unfortunately, I can't recommend you buy it on PC, as it is was very poorly optimized and could easily blue-screen your rig. If an Xbox or PS3 is an option, play this game there.
  80. May 3, 2013
    It's a solid "Yet Another Indie Puzzle-Platformer", but it's puzzle design suffers from "Cleverer Than Thou" syndrome. Many puzzles rely entirely or mostly on the player's ability to figure out various alphabetic, numerical, or input code systems. The much-hyped perspective shifting gameplay doesn't really play out that much in the actual puzzle solving.

It is possible to complete the
    game without spending time on the cipher systems, if you feel like figuring out all the puzzles yourself. Full completion will most likely require consultation with GameFAQs.

Worth a buy if you're willing to deal with infrequent, albeit harmless crashes (unless you're on Intel hardware, in which case don't bother) and the biggest douchebag developer on the planet.
  81. May 19, 2013
    Not a bad game, but not amazing as well.
    This is a puzzle platforming game, with a calming ambiance. The colorful graphics, and the soothing music really comes together to create a relaxing atmosphere. However, this game goes overboard on that aspect, as I found myself quite bored at times. The character moves really slow, and there's nothing really engaging.
    The visuals are quite
    beautiful at first, but then you come to realize that every "new" environment, is just the same old graphics, but put through some filter.
    Don't get me wrong, I did have fun playing this game, but I was never truly excited to play this game, like I never actually felt a strong urge to load this game up and find the next puzzle piece. I guess I was always hoping for some kind of change to blow me away and to captivate me, but unfortunately FEZ remains about the same all throughout the game.
  82. Jun 2, 2013
    Fez has some problems, but it is worth playing. The music and atmosphere are great, and many of the puzzles are a lot of fun to solve. But ultimately, it's the puzzle design that left me with the feeling that the game comes up short. While the beginning of the game has a lot of great puzzles, the later game is filled with challenges that are either frustrating or downright impenetrable. I solved some of them without really knowing why, while others required a lot of tedium. Then there are those that require you to crack codes. Since they all had basically the same solution once you cracked the codes (or looked them up online), this came off to me as a total cop-out.

In short, Fez is well worth your time, but trying to solve the later puzzles requires so much drudgery that you'll put the game down before you ever get to all of them.
  83. Jul 22, 2013
    While it is a perfectly passable platform puzzle game it has none of the *WOW* factor that would justify it's 10/10 reviews. It's an above average game, but it doesn''t do anything to make you fall in love with it or remember it for years to come, like say Portal.
  84. Jul 12, 2013
    This is an EXCELLENT game. I loved while playing this game. This has brought a new 3d worlds playing in 2d world. It's an amazing puzzle game and it does not cost that much at all. GET IT.
  85. Oct 19, 2013
    FEZ is a very beautiful game and has many creative features. The one problem with the game is that in the beginning, it is very confusing to get the hang of the controls when adjusting perspective. FEZ also has a large number of glitches but do not affect the gameplay to heavily.
  86. Mar 20, 2014
    Smart game with some moments of pure genius. The perfect hybrid between a platform and a puzzle game, with the novelty of a "compressed 3D" world. Only for those who are searching for something to challenge the brain rather than the fingers.
  87. May 6, 2013
    Average game over-hyped by the media/journalism sphere.
    2D/3D manipulation and twist are interesting but that's it more or less.

Incentive to go forward in this slow-paced game is lacking.

Possibility of loosing interest very likely.
  88. May 4, 2013
    I had high hopes for this game after hearing about how quirky and interesting it was.
    Well I have to say I am actually pretty disappointed. The puzzles basically consist of translating symbols for the entire game.. over and over. The rotation doesn't really add any depth to the game once you understand how it works, because basically all the levels are the same. Jump to platform,
    rotate world so next platform is within jumping range, repeat.
    It Is cheap but quite short and uninteresting so I give it a slightly above average score.
  89. Sep 7, 2013
    The game is fine, but not amazing. I either didn't know or didn't remember the big gameplay hook, so it was a wonderful surprise when it was revealed about five minutes into the game. Unfortunately, it was one of the only memorable bits about the game. I mostly bought Fez because of all the rave reviews, but alas the game is rated about 20 points too high. This indie escalation thing has just got to stop! Seriously, if we're going to rate indie games on a different scale (with 90 being perfectly adequate and 5 being complete garbage), then we need to be up front about it so that nobody really believes that an indie game with a 90 rating is going to be as good as a AAA title with a 90 rating. This one certainly, definitely, without a doubt is not as good. Expand
  90. Oct 11, 2013
    Fez is all about beautiful bright colored pixel art and great retro-ish music but unfortunately I can't praise the gameplay. Fez is a 2D puzzle platformer with an unique twist that let's you "change your point of view". This means that the world is in 3D but you can look at it from one side at a time. This allows for great puzzle elements but get's stale quite quickly, after all there's just a little that you can do aside from jumping and there are only few collectables and even those are only for completionists since they offer no new mechanics to the game. For me it feels that all the effort has been in developing this neat trick of 2D/3D but it's not enough to carry the whole game. Expand
  91. May 7, 2013
    Decent game in spite of some minor glitches and crashing until updated, since update 1.03 i have not had any more problems with it crashing. The levels do tend to get repetitive and as far as where to go, it seems to be just guessing,and having to do alot of backtracking and redoing levels,the 3-d map is more confusing than anything. But in spite of the minor annoyances it is an enjoyable game with some interesting puzzles and levels.
    As far as the review i read complaining about needing a 'discreet graphics card".and it not being made apparent. I have to ask. What game doesn't need a half decent video card nowadays? I would venture to guess the vast majority do, and if you bothered to look at the system requirements for the game it clearly states the minimum graphics card,as being nvidia 8600gt or radeon 6450 .so this was made more than apparent to anyone that bothered to look it up.
  92. May 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. FEZ is not what I expected it to be. FEZ is more of an adventure game than it is a puzzle game. Don't get me wrong, the game has a lot of very interesting puzzles, but completing those puzzles is not enough to finish the game (The game doesn't end after 32 cubes, as you might think!). The game expects you to see a drawing of a fox jumping over something next to a bunch of symbols and understand it refers to the English alphabet (The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog). And since I'm not a native speaker, there was no way I would figure that out by myself. The twisting mechanic is no more than a way to travel around, and is used in some of the puzzles, but those aren't enough. If you're into adventure games, this is a game for you just keep in mind you'll do a lot of Internet research if you REALLY want to finish the game. Expand
  93. Jun 13, 2013
    Game was fun and I enjoyed playing it. wasn't the best ever but atleast for the price I enjoyed myself and seen a small challange other then that its one of those games you have to decide for yourself to play or not.
  94. Jul 4, 2013
    Fez is 2D game that was originally released only on XBOX and when it finally come out on PC. I immediately bought it on steam. Unfortunately for me game is was disappointment. Game does not offer many things to do only thing you have to do is collecting peace’s of cube and occasionally solve some puzzles. Yes FEZ looks gorgeous but for me pretty graphics is not enough. It would be far more interesting if FEZ could do something more as he progresses in game only thing you can do is rotating your 2D world its really interesting concept that we don’t see very often in games it’s really a shame that author did not developed his brilliant idea.
    So summary FEZ is COOL 2D game for players that play games occasionally it is also great game for KIDS but not for hardcore gamers or someone who is looking for challenge.
  95. Jul 29, 2013
    it's just okay it defiantly doesn't deserve all the hype it got it's just a puzzler with a great idea, but that's the entire game there is no action its just the same thing with a different level layout and it gets boring
  96. Jan 21, 2014
    The game is interesting but not very enjoyable. This puzzle platformer will twist your mind. It has some really interesting game mechanics but the whole game is rather boring. I would not recommend this game for playing. However, I would definitely recommend checking it out if you want to see something new.
  97. Sep 19, 2013
    Very nice concept, but the way it is executed is really boring. It's still a decent game though. And by decent I mean just enough to get a little bit of fun out of it. It's not a terrible game. But it's not a lot of fun either.
  98. May 11, 2013
    Honestly, 90? this game is to oatmeal for me bland and average, mix in some better visuals and easier to understand controls with co-op this could be better!
  99. Jul 9, 2013
    In this game you'll be walking systematically around buildings while trying to not miss any doors or cubes.

Short and simple; it looks great, but it's not much fun.
  100. Jul 25, 2013
    The 30 first minutes are fun. And then it is always the same... jump, rotate, jump, rotate, jump... This game is not that bad, it is an interesting concept. In fact I was expecting more a puzzle game like portal (even in 2d) than a platform game. Because in the end, this is just a platform game with a simple rotate feature (yes you can look for riddles in the game but I guess that most players wont pay attention to those). Expand

1. Jun 23, 2013
    A masterpiece by any measure. [July 2013, p.89]
  2. Jun 19, 2013
    A gorgeous puzzle-platformer that's both a treat for the eyes and a thorough workout for the mind. [July 2013, p.82]
    The variation of the broken-down elements of the game is such that, if you miss two or three of the dozens of screens of the game, you will have missed on something special and unique. [June 2013]