4.6

1. Nov 7, 2012
    Football management game market is very small. In fact only two competitors are actually fighting for supremacy, Football Manager (FM) and Fifa Manager (FifaM). The conservatives always choose FM, for it`s well known depth and complexity. The so called casul gamer rather choose FifaM, for it`s easier learning curve, better visuals and huge licensed clubs, players and competitions. I am a long enough player to be called conservative but still I always choose FifaM, for more than 8 years, since every year, FM dissapoints in the only reason I play a football management game: actual match simulation. FM has yet to achieve quality in this regard, while FifaM rely on it`s FIFA engine to simulate in 3D the match..... Now, 3D beeing the strongest point to favor FifaM, hasn`t been substantialy improved since 2008 edition. Actually, since 2008, neither one of the game`s iterations had a playable 3D mode. Stupid AI, lack of strategical CPU actions, no use of the tactical settings by the CPU, shallow default gameplay enerved most of 3D lovers to the point where community made GamePlayPatches (gpp) became the only solution for watchable and even great gameplay in 3D mode..... Last year gameplay was misarable but still many gpp delivered a very good 3D mode. This bringed hope among the veterans that Bright Future developers will take greater effort into 3D mode development and deliver a near to perfection 3D mode just out of the box..... Dreams!!! Bright Future again chose to focus on new features and 3D mode remained very similar to last year`s 3D. Yet, it has to be said, similar but better. 3D mode is not stupid anymore but remained shallow..... This fact and the poor support from Bright Future towards its customers concluded in some sort of reaction from the community. International community is not supported at all, or very slightly, even english site is seldomly updated. International forum hasn`t seen any post from a developer in months. Brigt Future marketed their product mainly for german market and offer support mostly for german customers. Please observe the only acceptable reviews are from german speaking countries..... Many if not most of international veteran fans of the series are boicoting this year`s game by not buying it. My advice goes in the same direction. If anyone wants to play FifaM, choose Fifa Manager 12 and install one of many gpp to be found in the forum, at 3D gameplay patches subforum (look for pinuccio`s gpp Julia). This way, you`ll get a much cheaper game, with better 3D mode and a huge collection of fan made mods..... Fifa Manager 13 doesn`t deserve 50 euros and I wouldn`t recommend it even for a fantastic sale. Maybe a 10 euros price would make me considering it, but probably just considering it, not actually buying it! ..... My rating is 3 / 10 Expand
  2. Nov 8, 2012
    Unfortunately, even though Fifa Manager 13 is a better game than Fifa manager 12, it isn`t playable just out of the box. It needs consistent patching with databases, graphic files, scripts and most important, the 3D needs patching. There is an important comunity developing those patches but the sad thing is developers, Bright Future, are not supporting the community. Starting with the elementary mistake of a very superficial manual, that doesn`t explain the mechanics of the game (wihile the mechanics themselves are not very intuitive) and ending with the fact that in a rather undemocratic way, fans are banned from official forums only because they criticise various aspects of the game or the lack of support from Bright Future, everything proves the frustration of developers for not beeing actually able to compete with Football Manager even though they have every means necesary and most, they have FIFA engine for a 3D simulation. Turning this game into a german game, made by germans for germans limited the pool for fan base growth. They don`t listen international customers and they listen only what they like from german community. A game so full of bugs and inconsistencies and that cost so much doesn`t deserve any attention. Fans of the genre should better try Fifa Manager 12, that offers nothing short compared to Fifa Manager 13 but that already has a very rich collection of fan made patches. And even more, it`s cheaper. It seems that EA Sports is not handling very well this year, with 2 big flops: Most Wanted and Fifa Manager 13. It seems they hire the most un-inspired developers. Expand
  3. Nov 30, 2012
    I'm a newbie and this is my first game of the series of football-manager.I just feel so cool like some complex simulation games i feel so fun to make some choices,i am curious about almost everything in the game,so i think it's cool,maybe i should have a try on FM2013.
  4. Dec 26, 2012
    Fifa manager 13 is just a repeat of 12 but with new line-ups. Things i dislike are while you are watching a match players go through each other when tackling or fouling, it looks clunky just like manager 12 In my opinion Fifa manager 08 was the best for game play i just wish it had 2013 players. But if you like this game good for you i suppose.

P.s i have owned every Fifa manager game
    from my era. Expand
  5. Nov 28, 2013
    Its so funny (ironic) see say this have bug and need this and more that..who game don't need patch?Fm13 better u joke right?im play cm 3 and for me Fm die in 2009 because fm 10-14 its just skin and graphics and so so so small improvements and updates not say still problems in transference in games so so unreal,gk like a boots,lot time players do moves stupids like fail with free goal keeper,...This fifa manager need just grow up more, u have more free,have personal life,interect more with players,select what stadium and country u wish go,so so complete. its matter of time this rule if FM not change they improvements Expand
  6. Feb 25, 2013
    The game play overall is very good giving you a detailed, comprehensive overview of managing a club. The game is majorly let down in the 3D simulation match engine. The games are SO unbelievably unrealistic that no matter how much you change your tactics, the team plays one way. You could focus on very short, cautious passes or a different tactic of very long, direct passes but the 3D match engine gives you exactly the same results. The teams cannot defend at all, I had a 5 man defence as PSV and still I was conceding 3/4/5 goals a match so ending up with 5-4 score lines gets very tiring very quickly. SORT IT OUT. Expand
  7. Apr 14, 2013
    This is a good game much better than football manager 13. Has many more features easier layout and not just managing the players and transfers. You can do many more things on this game than Football manager 2013.
  8. Aug 16, 2013
    This game is a f***ing joke! The 'features' not found in FM13 may seem nice or revolutionary but in actual fact are plain useless. I found more enjoyment playing the free app football management game in FB than this game. The devs of this game should kill themselves. Seriously.
  9. Sep 1, 2013
    The updated interface, new features, and perks you get for logging in are all nice, and combined with the updated matches (Players perform more advanced tricks, for example) and the text features, it's a really good game compared to the last couple of years. Although the matches do not seem to make sense to me (In year 2 I already won the Champions League with Wigan Athletic), it's challenging, entertaining, and well worth your money. It would have earned a 10 if it had a multiplayer option.
    - A customer with 60 hours of FIFA Manager 13 playtime on Origin
  10. Jan 2, 2014
    Amazing great feature and have a outside world have kids and stuff amazing great good fantastic game I love it, its hard to get grips with thing on fm13 though amazing
  11. Jul 31, 2014
    The only tragedy about this game is that it has been discontinued; Fifa manager 14 will be the last one we ever see... While I can easily play Fifa Manager 14 for another 5 years... I don't think the stability of the game will last 1 year without support and updates. I'm not a diehard fan of Football Manager in the same way that I like this game... But if both Football Manager, EA and Fifa were to team up to make one Futbol Manager game, that may be the most Epic combo game ever.

The worst issue about this game however would be the memory and storage issues. I just purged my memory storage of save games and literally free up 50 gigs of space on my Hard drive; do not let your save games accumulate as I believe that at some point the saves corrupt and destroy hundreds of hours of gameplay. I just lost about 5 seasons of epic fun and I am not a happy camper.

But I guess I will just start all over again as part of the excitement... I fear that I will never be able to completely fill the trophy book in this game.

PS: this game actually does help greatly if you have 32-64 gigs of RAM; the more the merrier.... I wish I had 128... :(

The addition of Team Dynamics is the face of the new FIFA Manager series. We now have full control of team interactions- we can not only talk to each player, but to interfere as well, either peacefully or aggressively, within the whole hierarchy of the team. [January 2013]
  2. Dec 23, 2012
    Comprehensive enough, but the laughable inconsistencies make FIFA Manager 13 impossible to take seriously as a sim. [Christmas 2012, p.102]
    This superior and variegated football manager brings little new since the last installment and remains a few steps under the throne. [Christmas 2012]