FlatOut 3: Chaos & Destruction PC

3.5

1. Dec 13, 2011
    This game sucks big time!

This game sucks big time!

The overall speed of the game seems too fast compared to Flatout 1+2, the controlls and the handling is so messed up (even worst then Ridge Racer), the graphics look terrible (it's DX9 but no FXAA??? AA or AF????), heavy performance problems, no deforming cars, the menu looks so cheap on 1080p and above, no carrier, no actual tournaments, the cars all look like alien ships, no localisation not even the menu.

29,99 for this piece of s***? Better hire some guys from Bugbear and do it right! I will stick with Flatout 2.
  2. Jan 13, 2012
    This game is shame for whole series. Terrible graphic, car behavior, zero or less car deformation. Less fun, stupid developer behavior. Absolutely worthless.
  3. Dec 20, 2011
    Even if you're a big Flatout fan: do NOT buy this. It's a waste of money, disk space and has nothing to do with the previous releases. The physics are bad, the car handling sucks, the graphics hurts the eye. Even the menus are a pain to navigate. I repeat -- DO NOT BUY.
  4. Dec 13, 2011
    This is a poor man's Flatout. Made by the same team that made the horrible port Wii port of Flatout and not the original dev house Bugbear. Graphically, this is very close to Wii level. They try to mask it by using very heavy bloom & motion blur but all for naught. The car models are poor and do not break in a fashion that was expected from a PC version of Flatout. As far as gameplay isThis is a poor man's Flatout. Made by the same team that made the horrible port Wii port of Flatout and not the original dev house Bugbear. Graphically, this is very close to Wii level. They try to mask it by using very heavy bloom & motion blur but all for naught. The car models are poor and do not break in a fashion that was expected from a PC version of Flatout. As far as gameplay is concerned there aren't many redeeming qualities. The player car gets destroyed much easier than the CPU cars, the environments are nowhere near as creative as the previous games and the car handling is HORRIBLE. The cars feel the same, no matter what car you choose. Oh, there's no career mode either. As an added insult to the fans on earlier Flatout games and their great handling of car physics, these cars bounce around like crazy after hitting obstacles. There's nothing that reminds me of reality when it comes to the physics in this game.

All in all, this is a very poor attempt at using a well know name for a quick cash grab. If you want a REAL Flatout experience with polished graphics, sounds and gameplay, you'd do well to buy Flatout: Ultimate Carnage or Flatout 2 instead.

This game's a joke. A bad one at that.
  5. Dec 14, 2011
    First, I cried over the **** menu, then i manned up, and decided to start a race to let the game shows what it has. Well... oh hell yeah it showed me.... I puked in my mouth, and cried again.
    How can you pull a game like that out of your ass on pc... It's not even good enough for smart phones... Everything is made of **** Speed feeling, graphics (LOL), everything.... I can't even say what kind of car I was driving... It looked like a big fridge. This game is a pathetic excuse for an emo to cut his veins or anything that hit rock bottom in this world.
  6. Dec 14, 2011
    What a troll are you Ears14U? You are the same retard that gives Metro 2033 a zero?
    I waste no time writing a review about this disastrous piece of junk nor will I even consider propperly rating this game. This game is a shame and a total humiliation for the FlatOut series.
  7. May 31, 2013
    I tried hard to be objective about this game, due to the bashing reviews. And to be honest, I think I have been.
    I've never rated a game 0 before, but this game deserves it.
    The controls, the physics and the flow of this game is just plain awful. If I didn't know better I'd think this was a graphic overhauled knock-off of the real FlatOut games. Sure, there's a lot of game modes, new
    I've never rated a game 0 before, but this game deserves it.
    The controls, the physics and the flow of this game is just plain awful.
    Sure, there's a lot of game modes, new exiting tracks, arenas and stunt courses, loads of different cars and characters.
    But everything just loses it's value due to the awful controls, physics and overall flow of the game.
    I'll advise every possible buyer to stick with FlatOut 2, which is hilarious fun.
    This game is not even worth playing for free.
  8. Jun 17, 2013
    I thought it was a dream. The worst game of 2011.

I thought it was a dream. The worst game of 2011.

The FlatOut series is one of these games where vehicular slaughter is a daily entertainment. Unfortunately Empire Interactive has been resolved and rights to publish the game were given for Strategy First that made the worst mistake ever. They gave right to the game development for Team 6. Knowing how good games they make, I was already scared before I started playing their game.

Gameplay is presented with great difference from previous titles. And it's difficult to call it an improvement. There's no career and instead we have 9 events that has almost nothing to do with chaos and destruction. Many are copies of each other, for instance destruction derby, that changes only the amount of opponents between events. Other are hybrids, like offroad races, monstertruck challenges or speed races where the only tactic is raping the acceleration key on your keyboard. Amount of cars and tracks is not impressive either. Customization has nothing to do with cars other than changing the colour of our vehicle to more one. Many tracks are mirrored or with changed weather conditions/time of the day.

Graphics are failure over failures, even in this gaming generation, and the word "failure" is a very mild statement here. Textures are of a very low quality and they don't resemble even a 1% of reality. Rather everything in this game looks like a vomit combined with excrement. And strength of these ugly graphics is increased by the highest amount of blur I have ever seen in any video game. In normal racing games a hint of that effect is used to give a felling of speed for the player, but here the blur is so intense that is more obstructive than vision through 3 lenses thick glasses. Lighting leaves a lot to discussion.

Sound is in some ways can be survived, but it does not save the game. The music is average and not many suit to the climate of racing games. This is very typical to Team 6 as they almost never find any good music. Same thing can be said about FX that is mediocre and cheap. I'm always wondering if these were made with kitchen equipment.

Physics Engine is so up that Newton rolls in his grave. Every vehicle handles like a butter-coated paper box on ice. Drifting or taking corners is a challenge and handbrake is a joke. It's hard to get to the finish line without even a single crash. But Flatout is all about crashes right? Well, no. There is no enjoyment from destruction in this game. Damage model and hitbox are rather funny. Wrecking opponents car is more a matter of luck than skill. Stunt Man returns in this game, but it has been completely destroyed. Flight control is difficult and unresponsive and catapulting our driver through the windshield often fails.

And now the cherry on top of the cake. Artificial intelligence. Most likely all opponents were born in the cement mixer, because they find a sense of life in randomly driving around and crashing each other until wreckage nothing else. And they can do this even without us. In races they still show the knowledge on the same level as sidewalk. They don't care how they are driving. They are hardly trying to get back on track after crash and their speeding has no relationship with any thinking.

The game has pseudo-patch, but the way it changes the game only shows Team6's lack of effort. No music in menu, dissapearing car models, removal of the HUD and worse game performance are a price for extra racing track and even worse AI of opponents.

The game is a game, but the behavior of Team 6 is very off-limits. In reply to numerous criticisms onto a game, The Ronnie Nellis made an attempt to shame Rich Stanton on Eurogamers saying to him: “It is clear he copy pasted the review from other reviewers, probably that German guy at Gamestar. If he would have played the game as he said he did, he would have had Update4. No way the game is too fast or has bloom enabled, since this has all be fixed long time ago. I’m calling the Eurogamer guy a liar.” He also critcised players for having cracked copies. This game on Steam costs 30 EURO, this is too much for such a crap. Additionaly, Steam does not provide cash refunds. Flatout fans feel disappointed and fooled. Team 6 thinks that they are good and the rest of the world is bad at making games.

Overall, Flatout 3 is a crime against both gamers and fans of series. Everything in it sucks and the behavior of the developers leaves a lot to think about. It's like Team6 threw into us gamers and said: "This is your next FlatOut And that why this crap deserves lowest possible scores.

R.I.P. FlatOut
  9. Jan 18, 2012
    This game is horrible, it is not the Flatout we know and love (if you are a fan). I was a fan of all of the previous flatout games, but this is trash with my reasons for calling this below. 1. The physics of the car feels like youre driving on ice, and the cars dont respond as expected at all.
    2.The menu system is horrible.
    3.It looks like they picked random models online ad gave tem names
    2.The menu system is horrible.
    3.It looks like they picked random models online ad gave tem names and a random bio.
    4.The game is no-longer made by bugbear interactive, this is probably why its completely different. Its still Published by the same company however.
    5.This game doesnt feel like a member of the flatout series at all, i wish they would have released it as something else.

Things they got right?:
    1. Integrated music player, its nice having your own music.

I really wanted to like this and i was genuinely excited to see it appear, but now i'm just pissed off one ofm y favourite racing game series has been ruined complely.
    Stick to flatout 1 & 2, they are FAR superior games!!!

I'm also glad i picked this game up as a part of a steam bundle sale on the entire flatout series, otherwise i'd definitely be asking for my money back.
  10. Jan 13, 2012
    Utterly disappointed. I dreamt about a sequel to one of the best racing games on PC ever, but this is a kick in the balls. Never buy it, stay away from it and go play Ultimate Carnage or Flatout 2 instead.
  11. Dec 21, 2011
    Definitely the worst racing game I've ever played. The developers/publisher should be sued for false advertising for calling this garbage a Flatout game.
  12. Dec 14, 2011
    If you like previous games of the series (Flatout 1 & 2), avoid this game like the plague. The previous games were most fun car games I've played, with great handling on cars and imaginative racing environments. This seems like completely different series. At the very least, try a demo before you buy (if there is one), and don't buy it straight away like I did... Bugbear is great companyIf you like previous games of the series (Flatout 1 & 2), avoid this game like the plague. The previous games were most fun car games I've played, with great handling on cars and imaginative racing environments. This seems like completely different series. At the very least, try a demo before you buy (if there is one), and don't buy it straight away like I did... Bugbear is great company for car games, but this is made by some other, less competent group. You have been warned. This is my disappointment of the year. Expand
  13. Dec 14, 2011
    One way it is surely the fastest game i ever played.
    One way it is surely the fastest game i ever played.
    I never stopped playing a game so fast before. It was about an engine start, then a right turn, and I felt this game is an stupid, non-responsive, ugly, and lobotomized relative of the former Flatout games. Anyone who dares to give this game more then 2 points, is clearly never played any other Flatout before, high on drugs, payed buy somebody, or the mom of the makers, and should be sentenced to play with this mess, till the end of times.
  14. Dec 28, 2011
    This game is still garbage.... Even if they release a patch and lower the price down to 2.50 This is still a slap to the face to all flatout fans. Team6 is the worst game develepors for racing games, they can't even make a derby racer...
  15. Feb 9, 2012
    whatever i can say about this game,this game is bloody awful.The AI is like old-fart,the graphics makes me sick,the controller handling is bad,the game is stupidly hard,the trailer is poorly made and burns your $30 completely......And oh yes,the developer saying us a trolls? Well tell me developer,if you saying us a troll,why don`t you try your game and play it? This game destroys Flatoutwhatever i can say about this game,this game is bloody awful.The AI is like old-fart,the graphics makes me sick,the controller handling is bad,the game is stupidly hard,the trailer is poorly made and burns your $30 completely......And oh yes,the developer saying us a trolls? Well tell me developer,if you saying us a troll,why don`t you try your game and play it? This game destroys Flatout Series COMPLETELY! Not recommended if you are fans of Flatout,Stay the **** away! Its suck and extremely disgusting. Expand
  16. Dec 21, 2011
    It's like they took everything good about the previous Flatout games and then removed it. In fact it's really weird that they seem to have removed parts of the physics engine, made the car-colliders square boxes, and so on. Apart from that, they've also changed the speed of the game, it's now so fast that you can't see anything. Although there's different looking cars to choose between,It's like they took everything good about the previous Flatout games and then removed it. In fact it's really weird that they seem to have removed parts of the physics engine, made the car-colliders square boxes, and so on. Apart from that, they've also changed the speed of the game, it's now so fast that you can't see anything. Although there's different looking cars to choose between, they all handle the same.
    So as a conclusion: Don't buy this game. Ever.
  17. Dec 25, 2011
    To sum this up in one word...

ASS This game should never have been released to the public. It is broken in so many ways, it is difficult to list them all without using up the 5000 character limit here. DO NOT BUT THIS GAME. Also, to the shameless b*st*rds at Team6 -- stop giving this abortion favourable reviews -- it is blatantly obvious what you are doing, and you should be
    To sum this up in one word...

ASS

DO NOT BUT THIS GAME.

Also, to the shameless b*st*rds at Team6 -- stop giving this abortion favourable reviews -- it is blatantly obvious what you are doing, and you should be embarrassed that you tried that stunt!

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!
  18. Dec 14, 2011
    Being a fan of the flatout series I have been waiting for a very long time for a new flatout game.
    Well I hafto say to any fans of the game, this isnt a Flatout game, AT ALL... Flatout was all about the Physics of the car, and the destructibility of the vehicles, and neither of thoes things exist in this game. its a HUGE joke of a game, With all the better games on the market dont waist your time on this crap, if you liked the other flatouts and want to play something like it try the DIRT series.
  19. Dec 17, 2011
    Not recomended for those new and accustomed to the older flatouts Flatout 3 shows High speed in races, a lot of variety and good graphics, but that's the only good thing. The physics are soooooo broken even the first flatout had awesome physics. The cars feel too light almost as if you could fly, and battling with oponents in this game is a bad ideia because you end up flying awayNot recomended for those new and accustomed to the older flatouts Flatout 3 shows High speed in races, a lot of variety and good graphics, but that's the only good thing. The physics are soooooo broken even the first flatout had awesome physics. The cars feel too light almost as if you could fly, and battling with oponents in this game is a bad ideia because you end up flying away while they stay the same. Car Damage is also unrealistic, reminds me of the older need for speeds. This should have been called "Bumper Cars chaos and destruction" because that's what it looks like, and even playing with bumper cars or riding them is a lot better than this.
    I strongly recomend to wait for "Ridge Racer Unbounded" which is being developed by the ones who made Flatout 1, 2 and ultimate Carnage (Bugbear) and it promises better graphics, better gameplay and the most important, better Physics.

Overral: This game should have never been released. It's a TOTAL disapointment
  20. Dec 15, 2011
    Playing in the first and the second part I played very well,
    what made â
  21. Dec 22, 2011
    I loved Flatout 1 und Flatout 2 - Im a real fan of the series. But with the 3rd part they I felt that this game is a bad joke! It has terrible graphics, no real physic and nothing to do with a story or something like that which made the other titles so much fun. Tuning has no real effect on the car. Indycars are running 200mph on dirt in a eaz.... hope that they crush some people for thatI loved Flatout 1 und Flatout 2 - Im a real fan of the series. But with the 3rd part they I felt that this game is a bad joke! It has terrible graphics, no real physic and nothing to do with a story or something like that which made the other titles so much fun. Tuning has no real effect on the car. Indycars are running 200mph on dirt in a eaz.... hope that they crush some people for that bad thing of software! Expand
  22. Dec 18, 2011
    If you enjoyed FlatOut 1 and FlatOut2 like me, please stay away from this game. Is NOT the same great thing like we get from previous game. Is NOT FlatOut game from BugBear, but from bad developer who just want quick money from FlatOut titles.
    This game so ugly, so unresponsive, bad menu, bad gameplay!
  23. Dec 24, 2011
    Steer clear of this game at all costs, its has nothing in common with any previous flatout game.

I pity anybody else who spent money on this unplayable mess even after 3 patches its still a mess.

Team6 should be ashamed of themselves.

Oh and a nod to the 10 team6 employees who have left then positve reviews on this site. LOL
  24. Dec 26, 2011
    This is a horrible game in all aspects, anyone who like the previous Flatout games will not like this at all. Buggy amateur work from a shovelware developer. Even the old Flatout 1 from 2004 has better graphics. It basically feels like your driving a shoebox on a railway, even if they lower the price to 5 bucks you stay clear from it at all times.
  25. Jan 17, 2012
    Team6, I hate you. First I was laughing hard at the "windows score not found" stuff, than I set everything to maximum quality, on graphics, and it was totally fine, and my PC isn't what you can call mindblowing. I fell ashamed of myself for paying 10 bucks on this piece of crap. The graphics are terrible, the gameplay is a piece of **** and even the menu designs and huds are a total mess.Team6, I hate you. First I was laughing hard at the "windows score not found" stuff, than I set everything to maximum quality, on graphics, and it was totally fine, and my PC isn't what you can call mindblowing. I fell ashamed of myself for paying 10 bucks on this piece of crap. The graphics are terrible, the gameplay is a piece of **** and even the menu designs and huds are a total mess. As a Flatout fan for long years, i refuse to recognize this as a Flatout franchise title, as I refuse to do with the terrible Flatout Wii port, made by this very Team6. What the hell are you guys doing? This game poped up from total nothingness and it shouldn't be arount anyhow! Bugbear must take back this franchise and work with passion and care, like they did with Flatout 1, 2 and the not that awesome Ultimate Carnage.

One last thing: Stop with the absurd non carismathic carachters, please!
  26. Sep 13, 2012
    The graphics are hidious, the menu's are VERY buggy and cheap, and the cars are undrivable. It is waste of money. Even Flatout 1 (from 2004!) is better. Do NOT buy!
  27. Dec 16, 2011
    I was very let down by FO3C&D, if you are thinking of getting this because you enjoyed the previous' flatout's
    then you will be very disapointed.
    The cars feel like they are go-karts, with no feeling of weight or speed to them. No sense of speed, eg; 150 mph feels like 50 mph and the cars appear to handle the same regardless of speed. Watered down physics compared to the previous FO's,
    then you will be very disapointed.
    Watered down physics compared to the previous FO's, cars try very hard not to roll over as if they have a magnet under them holding them to the ground.
    The previous FO's, cars crumpled and deformed realistically, but here they lose the doors, bumpers, the hood and that's about it as far as the damage system goes.
    Sound is very generic with many public domain sound effects for the crashes and bangs.
    No career mode to be found, instead its simply different race modes in which you unlock other tracks by winning events.
    The game pace is far too fast, it feels like about x2.5 the speed of the previous FO games.
    I feel if they changed the title of the game to remove FlatOut from it, and sold it as something else with a cheap price like $10, it would be more well received, because as it stands it is not worthy of the FlatOut title.
    The good: frame-rate seems smooth, graphics while medicore are passable, seems to be a good amount of content such as vehicles and tracks.

Should you play it or not? if you are looking to play it because its a FlatOut game then i would heavily recommend you to avoid it, as it looks and plays NOTHING like the previous games.
    If you want to play an arcade racer then possibly it might be worth your time as a fun diversion, however its current price still does not warrant a purchase IMO.
  28. Dec 29, 2011
    This game is a horrible followup to two great games. Let's start off with the game modes - no season mode to speak of which were in previous games, and the stunt challenges have been replaced with a simple bullseye-type challenge in different game locations. No Ring of Fire, High Jump, or any other stunt challenges that were iconic in the previous two games. Next, let's talk about theThis game is a horrible followup to two great games. Let's start off with the game modes - no season mode to speak of which were in previous games, and the stunt challenges have been replaced with a simple bullseye-type challenge in different game locations. No Ring of Fire, High Jump, or any other stunt challenges that were iconic in the previous two games. Next, let's talk about the handling - well, we can't, it's nonexistent! When trying to turn, you car flies all over the place. And if you do try to brake at turns, the AI opponents completely run past you like they can handle perfectly. This makes it extremely difficult to win races, even on the easy setting. The various modes in the game are completely pointless - they make it seem like it's completely different, but in fact, it's just races with a night setting or races with monster trucks. The game is far too fast-paced to get into - they make it feel like it's some sort of simulation game instead of a fun, crazy racer. I could go on but I'm sure you understand by now that this is a horrible game, and an insult to the first two games which were great. Team 6 should be ashamed as this is one of the worst games, if not the worst, released this year. Expand
  29. Dec 14, 2011
    This is really really sad when you know Flatout 1+2 . Not only we had to w8 one day longer for the steam download.... the game is really poor programmed! Im really disappointed and i wont buy any Flatout Title from now on.... dont spend your money on this game !

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Feb 27, 2012
    Despite to first two enjoyable episodes FlatOut 3 sets out its own way – unfortunately, what a way to a waste container. A.I., driving model, boring races… almost everything is as bad as it gets. [Jan 2012]
  2. Feb 23, 2012
    Avoid this game at all cost! Don't even think about buying this it. FlatOut 3: Chaos and Destruction is pure garbage!
  3. PC Gamer
    Feb 23, 2012
    This is an immense disservice to the Flatout franchise, and one that makes Flatout 2 look like a vehicular ballet. [Apr 2012, p.72]