7.4

1. s60
    Dec 23, 2010
    Incredibly addictive, very easy to learn and play but very challenging to master, if you are looking for a good casual game, then this is it, very good replay value
  2. Jan 22, 2012
    Excellent game - very, very good replay value, very addictive and easy to start playing, incredibly difficult to achieve top levels. The maps are added semi-regularly, but even the existing ones make for hours of entertaining gameplay. Really the only problem I have with the game is, at least in my humble opinion, the ridiculously wrong ratings for maps and hence unfair awards forExcellent game - very, very good replay value, very addictive and easy to start playing, incredibly difficult to achieve top levels. The maps are added semi-regularly, but even the existing ones make for hours of entertaining gameplay. Really the only problem I have with the game is, at least in my humble opinion, the ridiculously wrong ratings for maps and hence unfair awards for achievements. I have top scores on higher than 3 star difficulties, the highest actually on the 6 star map, and considerably lower scores on supposedly easier maps. The most difficult map is actually the starting, one-star map. Maybe it's just me though... Expand
  3. Jan 5, 2011
    The gist of the game is using your mouse to draw a trail from a plane that comes from off screen towards an appropriate color-coded runway. Some plane colors have two different types of planes that will move at different velocities. Typically, the bigger planes move faster than the slower ones. The game moves in real time. So as you're drawing the trail from your plane to the runway, it isThe gist of the game is using your mouse to draw a trail from a plane that comes from off screen towards an appropriate color-coded runway. Some plane colors have two different types of planes that will move at different velocities. Typically, the bigger planes move faster than the slower ones. The game moves in real time. So as you're drawing the trail from your plane to the runway, it is actively following the path that you've drawn. If you mess up, simply redraw a line and it will erase the old path. The game starts you off with 3 or 4 planes (and helicopters). But as you land more and more planes, the number of planes on-screen progressively increase. By the time you've landed your 100th plane, you're constantly juggling 10 or more planes.

Each round ends when you allow a plane to collide with another. As soon as I crash a plane, I usually retry and attempt at a higher score than the previous run. Steam keeps track of your scores on the different maps and even gives you a rank (like captain first class, test pilot, etc.) and a percentage at the end of the round (top40%, top 10%, top 1%, etc.). If you check your stats in Steam outside of the game, it will give your global (steam-wide) rank.

I usually don't get excited about games like this. Hell, this is probably the first mini-review I've ever wrote. But I hope this encourages at least a few of you to try it out and possibly begin discussing this gem of a game. It's one of those games that you can learn in 5 minutes but possibly take years to perfect (like those old arcade games that we know and love).
  4. Jan 2, 2011
    Great game, I got it on steam sale for $1.75 and it was the best I've ever spent. The only negative I can think of is that there aren't many maps. Hopefully they add more maps or do a map pack in the future.
  5. Dec 27, 2010
    Actually, I'm quite impressed. I have already spent about 7 hours with this "very simple" game... Yes, rules are very simple, but it is pretty hard not to overlook something. My feeling is a bit like when I was playing tetris for the first time. Just one more game, and then oops is already 2 a.m.
  6. Dec 17, 2012
    Another overpriced iOS port. Only 9 maps and they all play almost the same. Every level is an "endless survival" where you draw flight paths to color coded landing pads until a collision happens. It can be fun to strive for a new high score but it's something that is better suited to the mobile market and played between real life flights.
  7. Nov 13, 2013
    Not three bad. Simple premise which is one of the reasons it works so well and is a perfect dip in-dip out game. The difficulty appears to ramp up perfectly so it becomes challenging but never feels unbeatable.
  8. Mar 12, 2012
    Flight Control is a very simple game: guide planes to runways and don't let them crash. It's not the best game for a marathon session, but this certainly isn't a bad way to kill a few minutes. Flight Control is really pretty tough, especially when you have over ten planes on screen and new ones keep inconveniently arriving. The game controls pretty well, though it's pretty obviously meantFlight Control is a very simple game: guide planes to runways and don't let them crash. It's not the best game for a marathon session, but this certainly isn't a bad way to kill a few minutes. Flight Control is really pretty tough, especially when you have over ten planes on screen and new ones keep inconveniently arriving. The game controls pretty well, though it's pretty obviously meant to be played on a touch screen. The graphics are crisp, simple, and good-looking. The music seems like it was pulled from an elevator or from some phone hold message, but it definitely works as background music and fits the slow pace of the early game.

I grabbed this game when it was cheap, and I recommend you do the same. $5 is probably a little too much for it, but this makes a great $1-2 title.
  9. Dec 30, 2012
    This game will tax your ability to stay cool under pressure. It's a great causal game that hits the spot and breaking your personal best records proves motivating.
  10. AWG
    Jun 17, 2013
    Yes, this game works way better on a mobile device but it brings a lot of casual fun on a PC too. Achievements are fair, gameplay is addictive and paths can be drawn properly with your mouse.
  11. Nov 20, 2013
    Well “Flight Control” may not be the most engaging game ever made; but it is a fairly addictive title! It feels very much like a mobile/tablet game that would be perfect for a train journey! The objective of the game is simple land the various types of aircraft in the correct lanes while not having them crash into each other in the air… It may sound easy but when there are ten pink planesWell “Flight Control” may not be the most engaging game ever made; but it is a fairly addictive title! It feels very much like a mobile/tablet game that would be perfect for a train journey! The objective of the game is simple land the various types of aircraft in the correct lanes while not having them crash into each other in the air… It may sound easy but when there are ten pink planes coming in and only one pink landing strip; let’s just say it can get a little messy! I was actually quite surprised how much I enjoyed playing this; I thoroughly expected to hate it… However, as far as casual coffee break style games go, this was really quite awesome! Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Dec 19, 2010
    It is absolutely perfect for the iPhone and other touchscreen devices, but loses a little something when played with a mouse, and for more than a few minutes at a time.
  2. Dec 19, 2010
    Flight Control may not be as fresh as it once was, but it's still a fun puzzler.