7.3

1. Mar 24, 2013
    This expansion clearly reeks of "things we left out to get people to buy more stuff from us." and is most likely the reason for the demise of the franchise. Though, ignoring that.. it is a comprehensive and full flight simulator model, even almost a decade later still the best flight simulator out there. Modding support tends to do that.
  2. BenC.
    Dec 26, 2007
    I agree that this should have been a free download or at least a well priced ($20) addon. That said, it's full of fun features and extras that will exand on the longativity of this already great sim.
  3. DerekT.
    Dec 22, 2007
    Just to respond to Bellino P., Microsoft *is* releasing a free update (Service Pack 2) that will include the DirectX 10 enhancements along with all the other bug fixes included in Acceleration. What you're paying for here are three new aircraft, new missions, and a few new detailed areas. To suggest that Microsoft should have given all that away for free is absurd.
  4. ClarkK.
    Dec 8, 2007
    This is a great add on. I mainly brought it for the F-18 which is a great addon. Overall the quality of the F-18 is better then any payware aircraft out there. The missions are also very good with this addon.
  5. DarrenZ.
    Nov 14, 2007
    Considering that a single aftermarket add-on plane or a texture pack can run the price of this expansion, the fact that you get three new aircraft plus a few dozen new missions and newly detailed cities for $30 is a bargain, and all the components are the same high quality we've come to expect from the Microsoft Flight Simulator series. If you're a Flight Simulator X buff then Considering that a single aftermarket add-on plane or a texture pack can run the price of this expansion, the fact that you get three new aircraft plus a few dozen new missions and newly detailed cities for $30 is a bargain, and all the components are the same high quality we've come to expect from the Microsoft Flight Simulator series. If you're a Flight Simulator X buff then Acceleration is pretty much a must-buy. Expand
  6. BellinoP.
    Nov 8, 2007
    Microsoft should have given this to us for free .It is not worth the money for an expansion and all of the graphics improvement by right should have been in a patch after all we were all promised a direct x 10 version. Wow Microsoft is you that desperate for a buck?

Assuming your hard drive isn't already packed with community add ons, Acceleration is an absolute must buy for fans of Flight Simulator X.
  2. Flight Simulator X: Acceleration really is a must-buy for fans of the series. For $30 you get a great amount of content, and the improvements to FSX overall make it worth purchasing both Acceleration and the original game if you’ve still been cruising in FS2004.
  3. My bottom line is that the FSX Acceleration expansion pack is worth getting for the improvements to the infrastructure (carrier operations, Reno air racing), but that better add-on airplanes are available elsewhere. Which, now that I think about it, is pretty much how I felt about Flight Simulator X too.