Football Manager 2012 PC

• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Oct 20, 2011
8.0

1. Mar 15, 2012
    It's fun on the first play through and than the faults come glaringly to the forefront. If you like sports/business related sims you'll enjoy it. Leading a team from the depths of the standings to the pinnacle of success can be rewarding. Unfortunately it's the little things that take away from this game. The frequency rate of injuries is too high and can destroy your season in shortIt's fun on the first play through and than the faults come glaringly to the forefront. If you like sports/business related sims you'll enjoy it. Leading a team from the depths of the standings to the pinnacle of success can be rewarding. Unfortunately it's the little things that take away from this game. The frequency rate of injuries is too high and can destroy your season in short order. Too many yellow cards, first and last minute goals etc. They purposely try to script dramatic ups and downs for the team's consistency in order to add drama. One wrong sentence can demoralize an entire team resulting in a lost match. Continuous/repetitive press conferences take a lot away from the game. I could go on... Expand
  2. Oct 25, 2011
    It was a very good game back in, let's say, 2007. The problem is that there are a number of persistent issues, that the developers decided to ignore and instead keep adding "eye-candy" (you can't really call it that in this game). The AI managers are poor, the game doesn't utilize well modern hardware, some parts of the UI make simple tasks tedious, there are inadequate situations withIt was a very good game back in, let's say, 2007. The problem is that there are a number of persistent issues, that the developers decided to ignore and instead keep adding "eye-candy" (you can't really call it that in this game). The AI managers are poor, the game doesn't utilize well modern hardware, some parts of the UI make simple tasks tedious, there are inadequate situations with transfers and contracts. This title gets released every year, but the changes are not good enough to justify a new game. Nowadays it is only an okay game. Expand
  3. Nov 27, 2011
    Quality game if you want to get into the nuances of managing a football team, but this will pretty much always have a very niche appeal by its inherent nature. If what you see interests you, I would try the demo before you buy, just to make sure it's something that you'd like.
  4. Dec 14, 2011
    Every year I get my hopes up, but each year it's kind of the same. As long as I can make a worldclass team of Torquay United, Oxford, etc within 10 seasons, something is very wrong! Too simple, repetitive, unrealistic transfers and illogical or insufficient communication with players, staff and media.
  5. Sep 23, 2012
    Not much was changed from the 2011 version, believe me. It feels like, some of the features added are very unnecessary. They talk about how they're making the game "more realistic". But I don't get why they put so much work on how the game should be "outside the field"? The game is called Football Manager, so the area I expect them to work most at is the way you build tactics, the wayNot much was changed from the 2011 version, believe me. It feels like, some of the features added are very unnecessary. They talk about how they're making the game "more realistic". But I don't get why they put so much work on how the game should be "outside the field"? The game is called Football Manager, so the area I expect them to work most at is the way you build tactics, the way transfers works (policies) and the actual match footage in (3D). Trying to add the feature where players can get upset about certain things just makes it look so silly. The conversations are of course the same all the time, so why try to recreate the relationship a real coach has with a real player? That's really something you have to experience in real life. So to sum up, I think they put way to much work on unnecessary things, and didn't work enough on 3d engine etc. Expand

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Jan 10, 2012
    The season upgrade has a lot of minor tweaks but lacks important major changes. For example near post corner goal trick is still there and press meetings are still as boring as in real life. I would rather buy a DLC than a new game every year. [Jan 2012]
  2. Dec 12, 2011
    A great 2011 edition needed only small improvements to become the best football manager game in 2012. A combination of great emotion and an incredible in depth management experience makes the Football Manager 2012 a must have for all soccer fans.
  3. Dec 9, 2011
    Continuing improvements to the 3D match engine also help drag it kicking and screaming into the present, although it's still a long way short of FIFA Manager in that regard. But, frankly, sod that. The dogged purist in me prefers to see the match unfold via elaborate text commentary, rather than see the painful truth of my tactical inadequacies laid bare.