FORCED PC

7.8

1. Oct 24, 2013
    The fun-factor of this game is extraordinary, especially the multiplayer. FORCED has beautiful graphics, challenging puzzles and a unique mechanic, the spirit mentor, which really adds to the co-op experience. I really like the story of the developer too. If you haven't checked it (the game and the story both) out yet, I highly recommend it!
  2. Oct 27, 2013
    I've seen a lot of people who disliked this game because of the lack of RPG elements, The game plays like Trine or Magicka than it does Torchlight. Its still an amazing game all in its own, The game is ok singleplayer but can be a bit monotonous alone, which is why I highly recommend 2 4 player co-op. The puzzles are decent and there are a good amount of levels and combat. The game can beI've seen a lot of people who disliked this game because of the lack of RPG elements, The game plays like Trine or Magicka than it does Torchlight. Its still an amazing game all in its own, The game is ok singleplayer but can be a bit monotonous alone, which is why I highly recommend 2 4 player co-op. The puzzles are decent and there are a good amount of levels and combat. The game can be VERY challenging at times which in my book is a positive. The only bugs i've encountered are a few connection errors and the fact that if you set the multiplayer game to "drop in" it restarts the server when someone joins. 8/10 Expand
  3. Oct 28, 2013
    Great great game! Fantastic coop gameplay, with great ideas and lots of fun. Lot of thinking not just frenetic action, you will need to use brain and then execute well to progress, not just like all the modern games thought for braindead kids. One of the best coop game i played in years (and i played MANY)
  4. Oct 24, 2013
    FORCED is a gem in the CO-OP realm, and it's highly competetive, i've found myself sitting days and nights with my friends playing the CO-OP and trying to master the spirit mentor Balfus. I don't play FORCED singleplayer that often since i think Balfus is too hard to control alone, but in company with a friend i can't wish for a better CO-OP game. Of all the CO-OP games i have played, i'veFORCED is a gem in the CO-OP realm, and it's highly competetive, i've found myself sitting days and nights with my friends playing the CO-OP and trying to master the spirit mentor Balfus. I don't play FORCED singleplayer that often since i think Balfus is too hard to control alone, but in company with a friend i can't wish for a better CO-OP game. Of all the CO-OP games i have played, i've seen an element like Balfus and the idea of reverse football, it must have been a great risk i it has certainly payed off, and it forces you (hehe see what i did there?) to talk with the other team players in order to get a good time in a trial. So, is it worth the money? yes indeed and if it was a $30 i would still have bought it. I'm already recommending FORCED to all my friends. Expand
  5. Nov 20, 2013
    I purchased this game and my first games were only myself against the IA. After that a friend purchased it too. We tried some levels and the fun grew exponentially. We're now four friends playing the full co-op every night and this is PURE FUN. Lots of yelling between us in some levels that are absolutely challenging. Love this game and I seriously hope there will be some DLCs in theI purchased this game and my first games were only myself against the IA. After that a friend purchased it too. We tried some levels and the fun grew exponentially. We're now four friends playing the full co-op every night and this is PURE FUN. Lots of yelling between us in some levels that are absolutely challenging. Love this game and I seriously hope there will be some DLCs in the future.

The only downside is the minor bugs still present in the game. Nothing important, anyway.
  6. Oct 31, 2013
    The game has a nice fulfilling quality to it. I have to admit that viral picture of the teams background affects me alot, which is not ideal, but i tried to look at it as objectively as possible.
    The game takes the classic hack n slash diablo gameplay and does something very essential: it takes away the grinding along with the tedious maps with no content/gameplay out of the ordinary (d3 (note: i loved d3)), which many people happen to find very tiring about torchlight/PoE/diablo/etc. tho they really love the genre and style of gameplay.
    This stuff is then replaced by: intelligent, coordinated, teamwork based puzzlesolving and a no-grinding-straight-to-bossfights principal. Therefore BetaDwarf has greated a diabloesque game that satisfy the other half of people you loved the genre, but just couldnt stand the grinding or simply didnt have the time.
    This way it has become a game mainly appealing to groups of friends who are looking for a quick way of getting to the fun parts in such games. It is a lot harder to do so with diablo etc. Forced simple and entertaining approach is surely more appealing at a LAN party or when gaming online with your friends after a hard day of school/work, where you actually get to accomplish something in 2 hours, rather than just gaining half a paragon lvl :p It is more satisfying in terms of accomplishment, and therefore feels like it was time well spend.
    Few problems tho as always:
    4 active abilities is not enough, more abilities more possibilities to use ur fantasy and ingenuity, a more colorful experience.
    Since these arcady challenges is really all there is to the game, there shouldve been more unique objectives instead of just 1.. Actually an achievement system would add so many hours of entertainment.
    The polish of animations and artistic quality is perhaps a tad to simplistic, i would go as far as to call it unfinished. There is a significant difference between simplicity and just

Eveything else looks great
  7. Mar 10, 2014
    Wow, this game was a challenge. There is a very fine line with it being too challenging and I can see people giving up and getting turned off immediately. I did manage to get all of the Steam Achievements and all of the crystals. I can not begin to count the numerous times that I dropped the "F Bomb" or threw the mouse across the room. Even though it was very frustrating, it was veryWow, this game was a challenge. There is a very fine line with it being too challenging and I can see people giving up and getting turned off immediately. I did manage to get all of the Steam Achievements and all of the crystals. I can not begin to count the numerous times that I dropped the "F Bomb" or threw the mouse across the room. Even though it was very frustrating, it was very rewarding to finally beat a level and get that crystal. With perseverance and getting out of your comfort zone, you WILL beat the game.

The leveling up system is unique, and quite fair...not a cakewalk. I expected to get a talents that would allow you to dominate the earlier levels. However because the game was so balanced you couldn't "Dominate" you still had to challenge your brain even with the new talents.

The character selections allowed me to break out of the BAD hack and slash habits that other games seem to bore you with throughout your progress. The characters were put together and very balanced so that one would dominate over another depending on the trial (level). Every new trial was a guessing game for which character would provide the best benefit.

Bravo Betadwarf, you did not disappoint.
  8. Nov 7, 2013
    Forced is one of the most unique gaming experiences I have had the chance to play. The combat system mixed in with puzzle-solving offers challenge to even the most skilled gamer, and I really enjoyed playing through the different levels.

The game looks great and I really like the styling behind the game. All of the characters are detailed nicely, and the maps are both beautiful and well planned. Seriously, balancing out the puzzle-solving with the combat will make or break you, and the maps are built to test your brain. Many of the maps challenge you and will probably require multiple attempts to beat, but that makes the game that much more satisfying.

The different Gladiators give each player the chance to play the game their way, and adds a nice mix to the combat if you have four players active at once. I prefer the gladiator with the shield for Single Player but all of the gladiators are fun to play as.

I must also admit that I am a huge BetaDwarf fan after reading their history as a group, and that makes me like this game even more. Not many game companies start working and deal with the problems that BetaDwarf has had to. If you have not gotten a chance to look into their story, I highly recommend doing so because if their story is as big of a success as you could imagine.

I hope the review helps you decide to pick up Forced if you have not done so already, and thanks for reading.
  9. Oct 25, 2013
    Every once in a while a game will come out and focuses on its Co-Op elements. Most of the time co-op is just another additional mode, other times co-op is the core and best of the games experience. Forced is one of those games and finally Forced makes co-op meaningful!

Forced makes you play as a slave soon turned into a gladiator to fight for you own freedom. This means that you will have to make your way through these trials that are full of challenge with a spirit mentor that both guides you but also acts as one of the core gameplay elements. Whilst the story does not feel like the story will win any awards it at least does what any game should, that is to give a context for the gameplay.

Forced is defined as Tactical Arena Co-Op and whilst it provides a singleplayer to a four player co-op, Forced is indeed one of the best Co-Op experiences you can have. The game has trials that you can decide to take on, increasing in complexity and gameplay elements as you complete one after another. Once you start as the slave you can decide which of the classes you want to use and that also work differently from each other with their own specific active and passive skills that you can decide upon before each trial. Each trial also is what gains you crystals. Crystals stand as a way to level your character up in Forced by giving you three Crystals on each trials that you need to earn by completing three objectives. The objectives to be met and therefore gain crystals include just simply surviving and completing the trial, complete a specific challenge that is different for each trial and finally complete the trial under a set time. The reason this actually mean something is the fact that those who will take their time gaining more crystals on each trial they can get stronger classes quicker and therefore opening up more options.

Specifically on the co-op side of things, choosing classes and trying to combine strengths is one of the most fun aspects and certain combinations can make certain trials both easier or harder. From personal experience, playing with a friend and communicating your wt through these trials is where the game shines because teamwork is important and it tests both the players ability and ability to function as a team. For an example you can decide on having The Spirit Blades class that does a lot of quick hits to increase ‘marks’ that eventually make the enemies much easier to finish off whilst your friend can use the Volcanic Hammer class. The Spirit Mentor is another huge chunk of what takes the game to another level and that is because controlling this spirit is what actually used to get through trials. Each player can control this spirit how they will and the spirit will follow at the point the player hits the button, a simple idea that gets complex by introducing shrines that require the spirit to activate healing powers or destroying spawn points of enemies. Timing and good communication is not optional especially if frustration is wanted to be avoided.

Visually Forced has nothing to fault it on because whilst there are no graphical achievement the game gets its look from the design of both its environments and characters. The same could be said about the sound design but overall this is a pretty game that fits the game and genre.

Forced is that co-op game that gamers who enjoy a bit of challenge and are willing to put some time with friends can find a lot of enjoyment and satisfaction. It offers replay value and enough options to justify the game price through local and online co-op with still the option to take on this game on your own. The game is simply fun, with no particular issues that bring down the game instead it is a proof that co-op games have not yet given their best but that games like Forced are pushing this element as much as they can and with very successful results.
  10. Oct 24, 2013
    This game is a gem of an ARPG, it perfectly melds action, and puzzles. Forcing you to use your brain, and not just go in swinging your weapon.
    The game looks good, using a beautiful graphical style, and using API's that allow for multi-platform and cross-platform gaming.
    It's difficult though, and that's a good thing, after several tries you might finally have something click, and you'll realise just how easy that Trial actually is. Which again emphasises that you have to think on your feet, while trying to fight off a myriad of different enemies. You're forced to rely on your teammates, and the game is nothing short of a brilliant team emotional roller-coaster at times.

I would highly recommend this game for anyone interested in a great team-based puzzle action rpg.
  11. Oct 28, 2013
    I stayed up until 4am with a few friends playing this at a house LAN on the weekend. It was completely engaging! The only thing that really let it down was the camera angles being restricted and sometimes your character is literally forced off of the screen. I definitely recommend this game if you have a few people to play with.
  12. Oct 3, 2013
    I might be biased, in that I really love co-op couch games. But forced really proved to be a fantastic experience for me and my group of friends when we tried it recently!
    The Orb mechanic was both new and excitingly interesting, I really love what they've done with it, though I must say that it mostly shines in multiplayer.
    I was surprised at the amount of content for the relatively low
    I was surprised at the amount of content for the relatively low price, and even though it was only early access, it all seemed very polished! If you and some friends are looking for a way to spend a couple of weekends, this is a great buy!
    It's also got a ranking list for those of you looking for a little competition, and we've already planned to dominate at least one of the maps' highscore.
  13. Oct 25, 2013
    This is incredible. I bought four for $33 bucks and I'm so happy with this game. The balance is incredible between characters, there's tremendous strategy if you choose to learn it, and there's parts where teamwork is very rewarding. Puzzles too? Oh my god. Seriously best random find ever.
  14. Oct 29, 2013
    I love this game. It combines strategy with action and actually does require a bit of intelligence.
    The characters are kept more like the contestants of Smash TV, vague, such that the connection is more to the weapon of choice than a silly face. It perfectly melds action, and puzzles. Forcing you to use your brain, and not just go in swinging your weapon. A good portion of the challenges make you think, "No, that's impossible." And maybe it is, until you get a lot better. The skill gained during this game is really thinking and decision making skill. Only a couple of the endgame skills actually make your character a good deal stronger, and still situationally you may choose a few of the earlier skills anyways.

The game looks great and runs great. The music sets the mood quite well.

The multiplayer suffers from the connection quality of the host. If they have an open router and a good connection then it's a good experience for all. I don't see how it could be any other way.

There are a few glitches, which forced me to reset the game a couple times, however due to the nature of the quick levels, I never lost anything of merit, and it never interrupted any of my multiplayer games.
  15. Oct 27, 2013
    I'm so very glad I was able to buy a new game with a low price that I absolutely loved! Great with friends and still great while solo, like when you play solo every trial should be possible for you to complete, and when you do Co-op play most of the trials would change where it wouldn't be possible to beat solo.

Forced is well worth getting, and everyone should definitely give something

Forced is well worth getting, and everyone should definitely give something like this a shot!
  16. Oct 25, 2013
    If you enjoy RPG/Co-op games, you should buy this one.
    Its also one of the best games if you're having a LAN-party with your friends, and needs something to play.
  17. Oct 24, 2013
    Forced is a beautiful, challenging game with one of the best co-op experiences to date also offering cross-platform co-op experience, I would highly recommend picking up this game.
  18. Nov 3, 2013
    Clearly a lot of love went into the development of this game.
    So far I've spent ten hours (thanks steam for keeping track for me) engrossed in the single player campaign and still have a few arenas to go. It is well worth the money.
    Forced is just a lot of fun. And to boot, it is well-balanced, and challenging. My only hope is that the beta-dwarf team keeps creating content.
  19. Oct 31, 2013
    Like challenge? Want to die? If so, then great! You'll love this game.

This is an incredible ACTION single player and co-op game. I say action and not ARPG, because this game is not your typical RPG. There are no levels to be gained, and no experience points to be earned. Instead, you unlock new skills you can switch out by obtaining gems. These gems are earned by completing
    Like challenge? Want to die? If so, then great! You'll love this game.

Instead, you unlock new skills you can switch out by obtaining gems. These gems are earned by completing various tasks. There are three tasks per trial. You get one by completing the trial, one by beating it within a certain time, and the last by completing a challenge.

The game ramps up difficulty quickly, which is something that I think is lacking from games these days. This game isn't designed to be beaten by everyone. I feel like a lot of these reviewers have been coddled by easy to beat games and are missing the point with this. This is probably one of the hardest games I've played, and it's great.

This game requires strategy reminiscent of the 10, 20, 25, and 40 person raids found in World of Warcraft in order to get through some of the challenges. I no longer play WoW, because it gets very repetitive unless you're able to compete in high tier end-game raids. Unfortunately, I don't like large player settings. I prefer the closeness of a very small group setting.

That's where FORCED comes in. This game will challenge you and your close friends in ways you can only imagine. After the initial six or so trials, the game quickly ramps up the difficulty. You'll be trying to complete puzzles while doing your best to race through a trial with monsters continuously lashing out and brutalizing you, horribly massacring and maiming you over, and over, and over again.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some more FORCED to play.
  20. May 12, 2014
    Pretty fun puzzle game with RPG elements. It's easy to learn - you apply marks to enemies and one of your team can use special abilities to trigger a special effect by consuming marks. The gameplay seems to be focused around controlling a floating ball and killing enemies.

The only downside I see is lackluster singleplayer - it's obvious that the game is designed for coop play.
  21. Jan 1, 2014
    This game is quite excellent. Not as good as dota but its very close and that says a lot.
    a bunch of friends bought the game and we are all addicted to it. its quite challenging gameplay. excellent controls.

its worth the 15$
  22. Nov 19, 2013
    Polished, pretty, amazing controller support. Developers take note. This is how to implement controller support for pc RPG's
    Addictive gameplay, perks upgrades and puzzles. Low price.
  23. Nov 23, 2013
    One of the best Co-op ARPG of our time.
    One of the best Co-op ARPG of our time.
    What are the criteria we use to judge a game? Do we judge one based on its own merits or relative to other games from the genre. If it's the latter then I'm giving Forced a 10/10. The game might have some flaws when it comes to connectivity and other problems that often come with an indie title at launch. But the core concept and gameplay is top-notch.

The game is hard, rewarding and addictive. The stages'difficulty is well-calibrated as they increase gradually to continuously introduce new game elements/enemies and keep challenging the players.

Players have the choice of 4 separate characters with unique mechanics that bring different things to a battle. As players progress through the game, they unlock gems from fulfilling certain challenges or time challenge. Levelling up cannot be achieved through grinding. It's a well-thought out reward system

Unlike other top-down ARPG like Torchlight or Diablo, or other supposedly co-operative games like Borderland where each player is quite self-sufficient and the games somewhat turn into a killing competition, the co-operative aspect of Forced is really emphasized. Players have to work together and communicate well to be able to get past a stage. The gradual unlock of spells and abilities are very rewarding as high-tier spells are extremely potent and open up new ways to re-tackle a stage. Except for a few remaining glitches and bugs here and there. The game does everything right.

I was looking for rpg games with good Co-op element. And Forced is precisely what I want. I look forward to future content from Forced.
  24. Oct 12, 2014
    Conheci esse game sem querer vendo alguns videos no YT e resolvi comprar. Não me arrependi, ele lembra um pouco o Gauntlet. Logo na primeira partida fiquei jogando ele umas 3 horas direto e não achei cansativo. Duas coisas que chamaram a minha atenção em relação ao game é que tem multiplayer coop e está em BR.
  25. Dec 1, 2013
    I should mention, I have not tried the online yet. My review is of the single-player and local co-op modes.

Better then I was expecting. After playing with friends and family through games like Guantlet: Dark Legacy, Dungeon Hunter: Alliance, and Diablo 2&3, This game scratches the same itch while introducing new mechanics. The puzzles require thinking and the combat requires quick-reactions and timing. To unlock abilities you just have to complete levels and challenges, so there is no grinding to gain experience, and no loot to deal with. It offers a good "Arcade" style gameplay with little emphasis on characters or story. It is even enjoyable single-player. It supports multiple profiles so you can save your progression while starting over with some other players. The Controls seem odd at first (left stick: move, right stick: aim) but it works quite well after you get used to it.

Only problem with the game is the controller bugs. I haven't been able to get any USB controllers to work except a wired 360 controller. And it doesn't work if you try to mix wired and wireless 360 controllers. So now I have to borrow wireless 360 controllers from people while three different wired controllers sit there doing nothing. Hopefully the problems will be solved soon.

If you are looking for a co-op game to play with friends on the couch, this is one of the few games out there right now worth picking up.
  26. Dec 9, 2013
    WARNING: Do not purchase for single player.
    Second warning: the controls are unintuitive and can take as much as 30 minutes to get used to, if not a bit more.
    WARNING: Do not purchase for single player.
    That said, this game is incredibly innovative and quite brilliant. The level up system is an amazing take on "no grind character progression", Balthus is awesome and fun to play with, and gives you a sense of teamwork and team identity though he requires communication to use properly.
    Anyone who enjoyed RPG brawlers like Gauntlet Legacy has no place NOT buying this, if they have multiple controllers and some friends. Have not had this much coop fun in a while!
  27. Dec 30, 2013
    This co-op brawler puzzler is boatloads of fun. Make sure you have at least one friend to play this with, and make sure that you have a VOIP solution (mumble/skype/ts/etc).

The levels are intense, especially when going for the challenges. It can be very frustrating going for a time challenge and missing it by a few seconds and having to try again 10 more times to complete it. However, it feels oh so rewarding when you see that final gem lock into place.

The game can also be quite hilarious. During a certain challenge, my friends and I had to bounce our explosive companion orb back and forth to keep it from hitting parallel walls and exploding early. My friend got so amped up that he just kept calling the ball towards his side as fast as he could, while I was trying as fast as I could to call it back to my side to compensate. Much laughter followed by yet another level restart.

One of my favorite features is the lack of a score or kill/dps stats. At the end of the round nobody is claiming to have done more work than someone else. The only thing that matters is that you finished the level and/or completed the challenges.

Working out who is going to do what, and which characters to take to try to best a challenge was a lot of fun.

I haven't played the game solo, so I can't recommend that mode. The co-op is some of the best multiplayer fun I've had in a long time.
  28. Feb 26, 2014
    Brainy and stabby, FORCED has some very cool game play. But it is very much a co-op game.

It does encourage a type of game play that challenges players and it has nice feature of being able to play lots of different styles when you pick different weapon combos. We should reward and encourage developers who put out quality efforts like this game. Pick it up and play it and if you can

Pick it up and play it and if you can grab it on sale, for sure buy it.

I want this game to be consistently MORE fun when I am solo, and sometimes it is very fun. Usually when I am playing with other people I have more Very Fun moments. It is never "un-fun" it just does not always engage me or make we want to play it MORE then something else in my library. Maybe I just compare it to much to Torchlight 1 and 2. Is it worth owning? YES. Will it blow you away? Possible.
  29. Jun 19, 2014
    Marvelous CO-OP game. Cooping is a necessity in this game, it helps you through difficult battles and challenging puzzles. If you're into co-op, don't hesitate, believe me. These guys [BetaDwarf] know what they are doing.
  30. Oct 31, 2014
    One of the best CO-OP games of all time. If you have a friend or two or even three go for it - it's great! As a single player it's ordinary game but still fun.
  31. Mar 10, 2014

Bravo Betadwarf, you did not disappoint.

1. PC Gamer UK
    Feb 1, 2014
    Sadly, the game isn't quote as compelling as its journey. [Feb 2014, p.91]
  2. Jan 22, 2014
    Interesting in co-op, practically unplayable in single player, Forced is an fair action game, than unfortunately lacks style and diversity.
  3. Jan 16, 2014
    It's a rough ride, but ultimately a fun one. FORCED is a twitchy thinker's punch-drunk romp that wears its scars with pride.