7.6

1. May 9, 2014
    A brilliant PvP game, for people who like to battle online. This is a battle between two team where each side gets to select from MOBA type heroes. And it is brilliant fun and its FREE TO PLAY! There are many types of characters to choose from, each with his own ability and the battles definitely test your skills. I read reviews speaking about its bugs. Well they are pretty much all goneA brilliant PvP game, for people who like to battle online. This is a battle between two team where each side gets to select from MOBA type heroes. And it is brilliant fun and its FREE TO PLAY! There are many types of characters to choose from, each with his own ability and the battles definitely test your skills. I read reviews speaking about its bugs. Well they are pretty much all gone now. I did not experience any problems while playing. Go for it! Expand
  2. Nov 25, 2013
    What a horrible game. Steep learning curve, and if you try to play in one of the servers that actually has players (literally 6 servers with people playing right now, a grand total of 20 players, lowest latency is 115) you get insta-raped. The reason for this is that the only people who still play this game are people who've been playing since day one, so you stand little to no chanceWhat a horrible game. Steep learning curve, and if you try to play in one of the servers that actually has players (literally 6 servers with people playing right now, a grand total of 20 players, lowest latency is 115) you get insta-raped. The reason for this is that the only people who still play this game are people who've been playing since day one, so you stand little to no chance against them.
    So to summarize: almost nobody plays, those who do play rape you, and servers all have lag
  3. Aug 31, 2013
    The reason for this review being relatively low is a combination of problems in the game and the developers. The game itself is not bad in the least, but there are many things that really bring it down (and I'll keep it short).

1. The optimization is terrible. I bought this game in Alpha and it is still in terrible condition as far as running on computers. I can run Battlefield 3 multiplayer on maximum settings, yet have issues with Forge. This has and is happening with a large quantity of players.

2. Features. Simple features like guilds and friends were never implemented, and this being a strictly PvP game made this a huge problem. There are many other features simply not added into the game that were PROMISED to be in the base game by Dark Vale Games.

3. The developers treatment of customers. Many people who payed for Forge have asked for refunds, due to the game not being even finished when it was "released" and having many issues with it. That, and the absurdly small "rewards" given to people who had pre-purchased and and purchased the game was a huge slap in the face to the many people who supported this game's development.

4. They do NOT want to give you a refund. I've tried before and after Free To Play release to get a refund, and Dark Vale completely avoids the question, ignoring you but kindly asking "We love your feedback, make sure to let us know what you want in the game!"

Overall the gameplay for the game is fairly good, but bugs, optimization, and the awful development team make this game something I would advise NO ONE investing money into. Now that it's free, sure, go for it! But supporting this game will only leave you disappointed and at a lack of some cash that you could spend on a game that will use your money much better.

P.S. I know Dark Vale had some financial issues, but they do not value their customers at all, and it is quite disgusting.
  4. Aug 19, 2013
    worst game ever, i can't believe this is made for PC, how many fingers do you think a human have?
    the skill short cut goes 1 to 7, and even the basic attack have a shirt cut, for what?
    well the graphic is fine, but this, this isn't design for gameplay.

just don't wast your time.
  5. Aug 19, 2013
    Was a 7 at launch but now that it's F2P, i can't even give away the free copy i bought with my own copy, developers are as bad as the Warz dev censoring the forums and treating the pre launch buys like me as garbage, it's a cash grab now cause they can't get anyone to play there pay2win zerg fest of a game.
  6. Aug 14, 2013
    I just can't seem to get into it. I feel like the combat is really weird and it feels quite buggy in some parts, for a PvP game it is kind of a big deal to me. But it's fun to play every once in a while.
  7. Aug 6, 2013
    Gameplay.. nice, skillsystems/cosmetical systems.. great, replayabilty without getting bored.. meh.
    With friends its great but doing solo there isnt a massive amont of content keeping you addicted.
  8. Jul 28, 2013
    IMO there is no true 10/10 for a game. However, this is as close as it gets for anyone who is a Hardcore PvP oriented player. Understand this is not an MMORPG this is an Arena PvP Tournament game based on skill and teamwork. At first the game can be daunting by the high level of skill and the massive amounts of lvls (99). This game however slows down and feels right in all the right placesIMO there is no true 10/10 for a game. However, this is as close as it gets for anyone who is a Hardcore PvP oriented player. Understand this is not an MMORPG this is an Arena PvP Tournament game based on skill and teamwork. At first the game can be daunting by the high level of skill and the massive amounts of lvls (99). This game however slows down and feels right in all the right places once you invest a few hours into it. Combat is smooth and rewarding, and wall jumping is truly the best feature in the game IMO. I expect great things form this especially since the game will be adopting a FTP style model soon. If a game is deserving of success and you are a Hardcore PvP fan then this is Home Sweet Home. Expand
  9. Jul 26, 2013
    When it first came out it was quite a mess but now, after countless updates, it actually is a very balanced and enjoyable title that deserves a second chance.
    One of the most fun multiplayer titles to date gameplay-wise. Comparisons like tf2 and guild wars are easily made and are quite accurate. It's fast paced gameplay in a fantasy setting makes it stand out from the other contemporary titles.
  10. Jul 21, 2013
    Not worth a dime.
    1) Use of gamepad during tutorial put me in dev mode.
    2) Connecting to a server loaded me for client side play but not server side.
    3) After death, never respawned in multiplayer.
    4) Change class from Shaman to Assassin doesn't change classes.

Actually worse than free to play.
  11. Jul 20, 2013
    This is my first review, I usually do not write reviews but for this game I really wanted to voice my opinion, even if only a few people read this if any at all, hopefully it will give them some good judgment on weather to pick this up or not.

I was really into an MMO called Guild Wars 2, but towards the end when I had all my slots filled with level 80 characters, I was only interested in the pvp part of the game, I really enjoyed the large moment based combat. After I got bored of the game I left it of course, but I was looking at other mmo's for their pvp, and I found no other mmo's with the same type of fast pvp.

After a few months I came across this game, immediately I looked at it closer, it looked like everything I wanted, but before I bought it I saw that people were saying the game was dead, this was the case, but once the steam sale came along many people started coming into the server, so I got the game. (Actually I got 2 copies just in case a friend or something ever wanted it later)

The game has great classes, they all have different skills, it is hardcore pvp that you could spend a while mastering and honing your skills. The community is very nice, I have not found a foul mouthed person raging in the chat yet.

The only problem I have found with it is that I worry new players may do the tutorial, get into a real game, then get wrecked, then rage quit the game forever. There is no way of matching with fellow new players. I do not think anything can be done about this problem though, since the player count is pretty low and further splitting things up may cause some problems.

The game is awesome, and the leveling system gives me a reason to play this game for a long long time, it is going f2p soon so you could either buy it now and get a bunch of bonuses, or you can wait and play the game for free, but I think you will not be able to level up your classes (not sure).

If you are on the fence, and enjoy pvp in mmo type games, this is what that is, they accomplish what they are going for, and if you are on the fence because of the low amount of players, people like you buying the games are the only thing that will make the player count go up, I promise you will find a server with people any time of the day.
  12. Jul 17, 2013
    This is a very well-executed high-concept project. Its detractors are the voices I have seen in-game--the same ones you get in any game that does not coddle the player like a newborn babe. This game ain't easy, but despite what some of these tragic user reviewers might try to tell you, it is anything BUT imbalanced and simplistic. It is simply that the depth requires a higher degree ofThis is a very well-executed high-concept project. Its detractors are the voices I have seen in-game--the same ones you get in any game that does not coddle the player like a newborn babe. This game ain't easy, but despite what some of these tragic user reviewers might try to tell you, it is anything BUT imbalanced and simplistic. It is simply that the depth requires a higher degree of skill to access than your average shooter or MMO.

The cacophony of "incomplete!" is true, but not a detractor. Only a fool thinks it is, because what we have here instead is a very fine game that is continuing to evolve and improve. The critic reviews are astonishingly shallow and reflect a great deal of what is wrong with the gaming journalism industry.

The ONLY real complaint I have is that the developers made a decent profit, then lost a lot of their playerbase because of the issues I mentioned above. Despite this, they continue producing essential content at a bit of a crawl, falling back on the "we're indie!" or "you're not a developer, you don't understand!" platform whenever their design decisions are questioned.

I know the business better than most, and when something crucial needs to happen to a game, I have seen studios just as small and even smaller get it done exponentially quicker. I think making the money up-front may have hurt the longevity of the project in some ways, believe it or not, because with cash already in-hand, the impetus to produce results is not fueled by a promise of reward.
  13. Jul 11, 2013
    Forge is by far the best PvP game I've ever had the pleasure of playing. If you're a competitive PvPer from the WoW scene, then WoW PvP will look like childs-play in comparison to Forge. In fact, I know WoW arena players that had ~2850 arena rating who said Forge takes magnitudes of skill more than WoW ever did.

Forge blends together the best elements of the third-person shooter and RPG

Forge blends together the best elements of the third-person shooter and RPG genres into an insanely competitive atmosphere. Imagine WoW, except the PvP is ACTUALLY balanced and you have to aim every single skill/attack (NO auto-targeting). Furthermore, Forge mixes up the mundane PvP scene with unique aspects an MMORPG does not contain such as: wall-jumping (costs energy, the resource you use), blocking attacks (once again, consumes energy), no grind and did I mention balanced PvP that is ACTUALLY balanced?

My name is Jroc |OP in game. I'll see you in game
  14. Jul 4, 2013
    One of my favorite PVP games of all time. Purely skill based RPG PVP is something that I enjoy a lot. Classes are balanced, there are a decent amount of maps (would like more), variety of playing types including capture the flag, team deathmatch, king of the hill, graphics are great and all of this goodness is only priced at 19$, I would recommend any PVP/RPG lover to try this game out.One of my favorite PVP games of all time. Purely skill based RPG PVP is something that I enjoy a lot. Classes are balanced, there are a decent amount of maps (would like more), variety of playing types including capture the flag, team deathmatch, king of the hill, graphics are great and all of this goodness is only priced at 19$, I would recommend any PVP/RPG lover to try this game out. You will not be dissapointed. Expand
  15. Jun 26, 2013
    Forge is, in my opinion, a game that it's not made for everyone and, because of this, it gets ignored and hated for amny reasons. As it is, Forge is one of the most balanced and hard-to-master game that I know, with a roster of 7 classes (as of now) and a good variety of maps that while being not many, they are certainly cured and extremely detailed. However this game gets a lot of ignoresForge is, in my opinion, a game that it's not made for everyone and, because of this, it gets ignored and hated for amny reasons. As it is, Forge is one of the most balanced and hard-to-master game that I know, with a roster of 7 classes (as of now) and a good variety of maps that while being not many, they are certainly cured and extremely detailed. However this game gets a lot of ignores for many reasons that aren't always true: for starters, we have some classes that may seem to do more damage than the others (like the pathfinder) and that some may not even use at all (like the warden), however the balance is noticeable whenever you try to fight in a real battle instead: each class HAS a definitive weakness against certain type of "attacks" and they all have a weakspot that avoids to render them "OP" (for example, while the Pathfinder is very strong, he has almost no pushbacks but only slows, or the Warden that even if has low attack, she gets strong the more she's in combat, making her a real tank in battles). Another problem is that the learning curve can be steep and it's definitely not a game that you can learn in a few hours: each class requires some time to learn and considering the game encourages you to move and jump, you can see that knowing your class isn't the only thing that you'll need to master, but also the enviroment, something that not in many PvP games is done (for example, the forest level has a lot of places in high spots: perfect for pathfinders and ravagers to lure and attack). So for both reasons above, the game can be extremely hard to learn...but once you do, you'll just enjoy of your results and you'll see everything much clearer, that Forge is a game that repays the time you put it in.

But like I said, the game is often ignored.

The main reasons are often that, while being only 20 euros, the game is actually pretty empty, and because of the reasons above: people will lose often due to the steep learning curve and because some classes being abused and some being ignored (I'm often the only player being a Shaman, and Shaman is the only healer of the game). Not only that, veteran players (the few of them) tend to be extremely elitistic and tend to discourge new players on playing the game, because they simply aren't as experienced as them, but then they get annoyed and leave the game soon after. The game, in other words, tend to be unwelcoming to newcomers, both in community and in gameplay, but once again if you pass over these issues, you get a really good game to play, especially if you have friends, because it rewards you for team work and for how good you know your class. Sure, you'll fail at first, as in any multiplayer game, but the more you learn, the better you get, the more fun you'll have. And that's why I gave it an 8, because this game is like an unpolished diamond: people will only see the dirty and the uglyness of the surface, but only those few dedicated players who will try to continue will polish it deeply. And if you get a diamond out of it, it's up to the player's decision.
  16. May 18, 2013
    Get on the stacked team, hide behind a pillar, spam m1, get healed, that is forge. So many annoying cheap tricks, perma stealthed assassins, team with the best healer wins. It could be such a good game but it fails hard in so many aspects. Pointless mana, you sprint you lose mana, you don't sprint then you will be walking across a huge empty map till you get to the enemies, which byGet on the stacked team, hide behind a pillar, spam m1, get healed, that is forge. So many annoying cheap tricks, perma stealthed assassins, team with the best healer wins. It could be such a good game but it fails hard in so many aspects. Pointless mana, you sprint you lose mana, you don't sprint then you will be walking across a huge empty map till you get to the enemies, which by this point you are probs outnumbered. Maps are awful and confusing, it is very easy to get lost. Game modes are pointless, you have tdm, and a version of ctf which is just tdm with a couple of flags. The game had potential but it didn't deliver, nor will it, 51 players at peak times. Overpriced, no population, cheap mechanics, boring and stale gameplay. If you want to play a shooter go play a shooter there are countless better shooters out there, if you want to play mmorpg style pvp play an mmorpg, there are countless better mmorpgs out there. Do not get me wrong game may be good in 3v3 but pubs, which most people will be playing are an absolute joke. Expand
  17. May 4, 2013
    Personally, I think this game could destroy World of Warcraft and other games.. It has intense fights, great graphics and a very balanced fighting system, stunlocking someone is impossible, every class has one skill to keep someone out of combat for a short time, and also a skill to escape from a fight, every class has stacking DoT's (except for shaman's who's primary atk deals damage oncePersonally, I think this game could destroy World of Warcraft and other games.. It has intense fights, great graphics and a very balanced fighting system, stunlocking someone is impossible, every class has one skill to keep someone out of combat for a short time, and also a skill to escape from a fight, every class has stacking DoT's (except for shaman's who's primary atk deals damage once and heals overtime (stacks 3 times)) the point i'm trying to make, the game is balanced, most people who repsond to this game porely are new to it and won't give it a chance, instead of instaneously complaining about a game, they should try the tutorials, and defenitly try the bot fights! These bot fights are not to be underestimated, everytime you kill every class in a difficulty it will set the difficulty level higher and higher, and truth be told, the hard bots don't go down lightly.. if you succeed in killing these bots, you know what class you prefer and what that class is capable of, you should join a real PvP battle, and if you still think the game is unbalanced, we can talk. But every class has something to counter all other classes, there is imo no class that's "OP". The only problem with forge in my opinion is not enough players who actually wanna spend time learning how the game works. If it's too hard, people complain, if it's too easy people complain, if it's a mediocre difficulty, people complain about no hard mode.. If more people would stay and give it a chance, and maybe ask the players who just creamed their asses for some advice, i think the game could be very big.. I actually buy the game for my closest friends, and i tell them if they honestly don't think it's a good game after a month of playing, then they don't have to repay me.. up till now, they've all payed me back! my summary: My favorite game so far! Expand
  18. May 3, 2013
    This is a funny game, but there is a low amount of players playing, a few numbers of characters available, lots of bugs (my score and experience points are not changing) and there are only few game modes.
  19. Apr 28, 2013
    Pros:
    -Balanced PvP combat, with concepts regarding pvp as WoW arenas.
    -Balanced by the greatest arena WoW Pro Players. -6 unique classes to pick from -Interesting leveling system, that revolves around changing stats, and not improving overall as we're used with mmo Cons: -Strange Animations and interactions with the environment itself -Hard to get into if you're totally new to
    Pros:
    -Balanced PvP combat, with concepts regarding pvp as WoW arenas.
    -Balanced by the greatest arena WoW Pro Players.
    -6 unique classes to pick from

Cons:
    -Strange Animations and interactions with the environment itself
    -Hard to get into if you're totally new to WoW arenas (for example)
    -Nothing to offer besides Arena or Battlegrounds to speak in WoW terms no story and no PvE.
    -The arenas sometime feel to big and sometimes feel too small, I never had the feeling that it was the proper size.

Side Notes:
    -Game reminds me of Rakion: Chaos Force, just because it's real time skill based combat, but it resembles more with Guild Wars in mind.
  20. Apr 26, 2013
    I find the game very great and well made. It has a lot of potential. It is already rumored that it will be the ESL game par excellence.
    Since the new patch lots of news have come into force, give the game a final status. I find it charming and will continue to play it.
  21. Apr 26, 2013
    This game is face paced and takes very little ramp up time reminds me of a team fortress with a MMO/World of Warcraft twist where you can gain levels and up your characters ability. I truly enjoy being able to mix between fantasy classes such as a Assasin, Cleric, Tank, Ranged Archer DPS, Ranged Mage DPS, and a Bruiser Play
  22. Apr 24, 2013
    Combining a S.W.T.O.R. P.V.P. system with unique and Innovative controls fun game play great community great level design. More people should play this game its really fun and one of the biggest highlights is the fantastic level design and the new patch is bringing even more great stuff for free should defiantly get this game if you like P.V.P.
  23. Apr 24, 2013
    This game reminds me of WoW's PvP but without all of the MMO trappings. Its a mediocre game. Really nothing else to add. Except I have to have 150 characters to post it.
  24. Feb 7, 2013
    The game is not finished yet, it still feels like its in a beta stage. I got bored of it pretty quickly due to the lack of maps and players. The animations look dull and boring too. I just cant see how this game is worth its money when there are so many better games on the market, its a shame though i thought the concept of mmo pvp game with no grind was a great idea.
  25. Jan 26, 2013
    This is a faith-based score--a score set with the firm belief that in time, this game will become what it has set out to become (and I have no reason to doubt that it will). Unfortunately, it is not yet that game.

You, as a consumer, must do a few things with Forge: 1. Buy the game to support the work it will require to make this something incredible 2. Expect to wait a few months

You, as a consumer, must do a few things with Forge:

2. Expect to wait a few months for it to become the game it is trying to become
    3. Return to it later, if necessary, and experience one of the best competitive games of this gaming era. If MMO PvP and Team Fortress 2 had a baby, it would have been born prematurely, and it would have been called Forge.

Don't pass over it as simply another failed project. They are making great strides already, and it has come a long way from even its launch several weeks ago. Support it and sit on it--consider it an investment a grand future that can only occur if your pledge is made. It's like a post-launch Kickstarter, in that way. It sounds absurd, but it offers more up front than a Kickstarter--you can immediately begin to play this beta of sorts, and you will even enjoy it immensely with the correct frame of mind.
  26. Jan 20, 2013
    Forge is quite simply the worst 20 dollars I have spent on a game.

27. Jan 19, 2013
    This is the type of game i have been waiting for. I really love fantasy classes and combat but i do not want to spend the time getting to the highest level and getting the best gear just so i can enjoy pvp. This game is everything i could hope for, high action pvp in a fantasy setting. If there is any downside it would be the high learning curve, but in my opinion a high learning curveThis is the type of game i have been waiting for. I really love fantasy classes and combat but i do not want to spend the time getting to the highest level and getting the best gear just so i can enjoy pvp. This game is everything i could hope for, high action pvp in a fantasy setting. If there is any downside it would be the high learning curve, but in my opinion a high learning curve marks a good game and gives players a lot of room to be good based on their own personal ability and fighting tactics. Expand
  28. Jan 18, 2013
    A diamond in the rough for PvP fans:
    It's the kind of game where you can just log in, jump in a game within seconds and start to PvP!
    They have a small community so far, but already have a Mumble setup that you can find via the forums where you can chat with gamers, find teammates and even chat with the game devs! Once this game becomes more finished, and once more people find this game
    A diamond in the rough for PvP fans:
    Once this game becomes more finished, and once more people find this game and the player base expands a bit more I feel it will deserve my 10/10 rating.
  29. Jan 16, 2013
    In short, this game has potential in that it is centered around what I consider to be the best part of the big MMO's: the PVP arena. However, everything from the targeting, interface, and lack of visceral feedback make this game feel like an alpha, and I regret having made the purchase.
  30. Jan 4, 2013
    I decided to check this game out, since it went on sale for steam, and the video looked promising.

Excellent purchase, with amazing potential. This is the kind of game I want and have been looking for, and I think there are more like me. I am not disappointed, when I read the review from Escapist I almost decided against it, but I am sure glad I didn't take that feedback to heart!

Is the game "ready for release" I think so. Is it anywhere near its full potential? No, but there is some AMAZING potential here, the premise is fantastic, the combat system and play style just feel right and the meta game that will evolve as this games development progresses could provide entertainment for players and spectators alike... it is as fun to watch as it is to play.

It is lacking some features and polish, yes, but I am more than happy to give that a pass considering it is an indie game with a low entry cost and what I consider to be the important bits are there. The features which will appear as it moves forward will just put good meat on the bones.

If you like fast paced, well balanced, no RNG team based PVP with an unknown potential skill cap? Well, I don't think you will be disappointed, and for the price this Dev crew is worth supporting and you will more than get your moneys worth out of this game. Buy it, play it, love it!

I don't review things, in general I read, and just discuss things with my friends... but this game really drives me to want to spread the word and get people to jump in and give it a real play.... and I felt compelled to say something here.
  31. Jan 26, 2013

You, as a consumer, must do a few things with Forge:

2. Expect to wait a few months for it to become the game it is trying to become

1. Mar 12, 2013
    Forge is an ambitious mixture of genres--PVP and team FPS--but it's not polished enough and doesn't have quite enough content to work completely yet. Dark Vale has their work cut out for them making Forge a complete and intuitive experience, but the potential is there.
  2. Feb 28, 2013
    Forge is an orphan of a game, with lonely players stalking its empty servers. It is, in fact, not even a game, but just a prototype of one.
  3. Feb 6, 2013
    Forge left me with mixed feelings. It has considerable potential but until developers fulfill their promises players will have to deal with an unfinished product. [CD-Action 02/2013, p.59]