6.5

1. Dec 14, 2012
    Ever since I bought the game on my mobile phone, quite some years ago, and upgraded to iPod I have loved the game. The design is really astonishing, it gives the game this realistic look. The story might seem short, but people who are still doubting should buy it and wait for the expansion packs (Valkyrie and Supernova) to arrive as they pack a lot of action, new star systems and moreEver since I bought the game on my mobile phone, quite some years ago, and upgraded to iPod I have loved the game. The design is really astonishing, it gives the game this realistic look. The story might seem short, but people who are still doubting should buy it and wait for the expansion packs (Valkyrie and Supernova) to arrive as they pack a lot of action, new star systems and more storyline! The action might seem lame when you just started the game, but when you rise through the levels the difficulty increases a lot. Those who still seek a challenge should try hardcore. Anyway I REALLY recommend buying this game as it just blows you away! Expand
  2. Feb 3, 2013
    Very´╗┐ nice and fun game i was looking for a game like this after i finished Darkstar one .
    Its not so huge offcource like freelancer or darkstar one because this one is developed for the ipad I just bought the pc version it on Steam and played now for 9 hours and just bought a new ship and going mining and freelancemissions and storyline missions very addictive and fun I hope Fishlabs will also make expansion packs for the pc version Briljant miningsystem Like this its not booring to mine
  3. Aug 26, 2012
    This game united all best of space simulators. On a tablet looks super, but on the computer is something divine! The simple scheme of this game - huge advantage. Not to come off! Fishlabs,thanks!
  4. Nov 19, 2013
    Highly entertaining space adventure game. Feels like a space sim mixed with a rogue like. Lots of flying around, collecting & trading commodities and some entertaining ship combat. Graphics are nice and the whole game is very visually appealing. Many different ship, weapon & system combinations help give the game depth. Only flaw is that it is noticeably a mobile port. You cannot changeHighly entertaining space adventure game. Feels like a space sim mixed with a rogue like. Lots of flying around, collecting & trading commodities and some entertaining ship combat. Graphics are nice and the whole game is very visually appealing. Many different ship, weapon & system combinations help give the game depth. Only flaw is that it is noticeably a mobile port. You cannot change keyboard controls in game, some in game messages have not been correctly changed and the HUD could use some modification to make it not so touch screen obvious. That aside, BUY IT, PLAY IT, man I am enjoying this game. Expand
  5. Dec 3, 2013
    Great space simulation arcade for mobile platforms, Android version becomes great with the las add-in (Supernova). Althought some points could be improved better (like autopilot or the incomes balance betweenmining and trading combat gained good) the game's overall is good.
    I've enjoyed great times playing it in my Android.
  6. Dec 26, 2012
    This game has so much potential to be a legendary game; if only it would expand beyond what it is now. The graphics are beautiful on my 27" iMac. The Mac version allows me to use my old USB Joystick, which makes combat a lot of fun. The storyline is silly in a fun/entertaining sort of way. Unfortunately, the storyline is kind of linear, though you can leave it and come back to it, as youThis game has so much potential to be a legendary game; if only it would expand beyond what it is now. The graphics are beautiful on my 27" iMac. The Mac version allows me to use my old USB Joystick, which makes combat a lot of fun. The storyline is silly in a fun/entertaining sort of way. Unfortunately, the storyline is kind of linear, though you can leave it and come back to it, as you see fit.
    It is annoying that the opponents' ships don't have the same upgrades that are available to you. I would have expected a pirate flying a Veteran to have a turret on his ship and the same array of weapons and missiles that the user could pick up.
    One thing that baffles the mind is why they wouldn't give us the ability to form a small fleet of ships under our control, through either capturing other ships or purchasing additional ships. Since the game already allows for wingmen, to whom you can issue orders, it makes little sense. I guess I have a dream of having a game that has all the features of the Escape Velocity series of games, but has the 3D flying and wonderful graphics like GOF2 Full HD has.
    I have put a lot of time into playing GOF2 and have finished the expansion packs. Now, I am left with nothing but a handful of repeating missions and a very limited number of solar systems to visit. Once you finish the storyline, it would be really nice to be able to dominate systems with the armada that you wish you could build from captured or purchased ships and take over the galaxy, once system at a time.

1. PC PowerPlay
    Oct 28, 2012
    Admirably essential in its space-tradingness, but should have stayed on the tablets. [Nov 2012, p.80]
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 14, 2012
    Fishlabs' retro space adventure is a joyous tribute to masterpieces such as Elite and Freelancer. It isn't awfully long and the combat system could be more polished, but updating your space ship and traveling to uncharted star systems is still a treat. [Sept 2012]
  3. Sep 6, 2012
    Despite the great graphics that could suggest otherwise, Galaxy on Fire II is a game conceived for mobile platforms, and should've stayed right there.