6.4

1. Nov 20, 2012
    This is a great game, and I don't understand why the scores are so low. It's not perfect, but the storyline is great (not as good of the books of course), the gameplay is as it should be, the characters are either straight from the book or else made to fit well into the Game of Thrones world. Anyone who loves A Song of Fire and Ice will be sure to enjoy sinking into this creative world.This is a great game, and I don't understand why the scores are so low. It's not perfect, but the storyline is great (not as good of the books of course), the gameplay is as it should be, the characters are either straight from the book or else made to fit well into the Game of Thrones world. Anyone who loves A Song of Fire and Ice will be sure to enjoy sinking into this creative world. Game of Thrones + RPG = an amazing combination. I hope they make some more RPG styled, Song of Fire and Ice inspired games in the future, cuz anything of equal to better quality to this would satisfy my need for good pc gaming. Expand
  2. May 18, 2012
    Pros are: story, atmosphere and attention for details, tons of equipment, interesting classes and character customization which change your gameplay significantly. Cons are: graphics, minor glitches like going through doors and strange camera. Not sure about combat, I'am OK with that. 8) Well, as an RPG it worth a try.
  3. Feb 16, 2013
    First of all. This games something from your computer. On mine i can run it smooth while some have issues with loading times, graphics and so forth. Storywise this game does not disappoint. G.R.R Martin handwork is very visible and captured well into the game. Camera is ok, not bad for my taste but could use some improvement. Graphics in general are good, combat is wierd but once you getFirst of all. This games something from your computer. On mine i can run it smooth while some have issues with loading times, graphics and so forth. Storywise this game does not disappoint. G.R.R Martin handwork is very visible and captured well into the game. Camera is ok, not bad for my taste but could use some improvement. Graphics in general are good, combat is wierd but once you get used to it, it´s nice. Voice acting is in grey area. Not best work but certainly not bad either. You can regonize old characters. :)

All in all. This game is good and i judge it by the element it should be judged...Story. Sadly all hate towards this delayed me from getting it.
  4. Apr 11, 2015
    I give this game a 10 because of its hugely underrated critics. I dont know whatz up with the critics today, but this one is such a rough gem, i could believe in some conspiracy theory about a critics-market. (which couldnt be possible, naaaaah...). Srsly, i guess these developers had put all their money in the developement of the game instead of investing it in commercials. Your fault,I give this game a 10 because of its hugely underrated critics. I dont know whatz up with the critics today, but this one is such a rough gem, i could believe in some conspiracy theory about a critics-market. (which couldnt be possible, naaaaah...). Srsly, i guess these developers had put all their money in the developement of the game instead of investing it in commercials. Your fault, guys! Just get fukked up by the masters of the masses!!!! Expand
  5. Dec 8, 2012
    This is probably one of the most unfairly criticized games I've ever played. Right off the back, don't expect an AAA platinium hit whatever you want to call it modern action RPG. This game isn't perfect by any means. That being said, it is still a very SOLID rpg, with combat that is very reminiscent of what I experienced in Knights of the Old Republic. The character progression isThis is probably one of the most unfairly criticized games I've ever played. Right off the back, don't expect an AAA platinium hit whatever you want to call it modern action RPG. This game isn't perfect by any means. That being said, it is still a very SOLID rpg, with combat that is very reminiscent of what I experienced in Knights of the Old Republic. The character progression is surprisingly good, and they stay true to the source material. I'm a huge ASOIAF fan and it is evident that te people who made this are too. The only reason why this game is rated so low is because kiddies who play Skyrim and Call of Duty or whatever are judging it on it's graphics and strategy-oriented gameplay. This is...a very decent game. Not perfect, not a 10/10 hidden gem like Demon's Souls was when it first came out, but it is far from deserving a negative review. Expand
  6. Jul 15, 2013
    I have wanted to buy this game for some time. I read reviews, saw YouTube and finaly I bought the game few days ago when the Steam 2013 summer sale started. I got the special edition (game all DLCs) at 14.99 EUR. And to be honest, I do not understand such low scores everywhere. The game is everything I expected. A nice RPG, with an excellent story, nice graphics and very nice combatI have wanted to buy this game for some time. I read reviews, saw YouTube and finaly I bought the game few days ago when the Steam 2013 summer sale started. I got the special edition (game all DLCs) at 14.99 EUR. And to be honest, I do not understand such low scores everywhere. The game is everything I expected. A nice RPG, with an excellent story, nice graphics and very nice combat system.
    Many people complain about the graphics. As mentioned, I really find it nice. A typical Unreal 3 engine, no worse than ME2 or 3. I also like the combat system. Intuitive with a vast variety of choices and not only skills, but also weapon types effective against different types of armor. My final score is 8/10 because sometimes there is a slight problem with the camera, but nothing too serious and some of the voiceacting could be better. But all in all, it is a perfect RPG game.
    P.S. I have not read any book and only saw 2 seasons of the TV series, so I am not a fanboy.
  7. Sep 18, 2013
    truly, this is a great game. i love the excessive dialogues, the interesting story and its twists. i haven´t played such a great rpg in years now. so if you can overlook horrible graphics, clunky but challenging gameplay and the missing of comfort options, give it a try. you will not be disappointed.
  8. Oct 21, 2013
    I'm really surprised this game didn't get a better review. Yes it's a bit linear, but some of the different decisions you make can have a drastic impact on that particular chapter. For instance, one chapter lets you decide between knocking out a woman or letting her free, which determines whether you'll be fighting your way through a large area or fighting through it.

The graphics are

The graphics are really nice, especially the banners and crests. Some of the armor your protagonists wear is also very badass (Mors family armor especially).

There is a ton of dialog, which is skippable. If you're a GOT geek, you get to learn a lot about some of the other families and the history leading up to the first book/season.

The combat is not nearly as terrible as many people saying. It's basically using a series of moves that combo off each other, similar to how Baldur's Gate type games worked.

I gave this game an 8 because it's legitimately fun. I haven't run into any bugs and the game runs great. I'm close to the end now and am bummed out it's going to be over. One thing I should mention is that this game could have been incredibly epic. It seems like it could have used a bit more time in development to flesh out some of the areas and mechanics.
  9. Jul 18, 2012
    I'm really enjoying this game! The plot is bar none better than anything I've seen come out in the last 5 years (Skyrim and Dragon Age included). The combat system is really interesting: it's a mix between turn based and action combat systems. You can queue up regular and special attacks and can slow down time a bit while choosing special attacks. I like action RPGs well enough but II'm really enjoying this game! The plot is bar none better than anything I've seen come out in the last 5 years (Skyrim and Dragon Age included). The combat system is really interesting: it's a mix between turn based and action combat systems. You can queue up regular and special attacks and can slow down time a bit while choosing special attacks. I like action RPGs well enough but I also grew up on Baulders Gate type of combat systems and this is a perfect mix. It's not as rigid as something like Legend of Grimlock and it's not as cretin as Skyrim.
    I've seen a lot of negative reviews for the game, so I was hesitant of purchasing the game but am glad I did. I'm confident that those who complained about the combat system are Skyrim-is-the-only-RPG-I've-ever-played neanderthals.
  10. Jun 3, 2012
    To find the greatest injustices of this year, look no further than the reviews of Cyanide's Game of Thrones. The game resembles its two protagonists great deal - a battered outer shell riddled with scars and blemishes of age hides a heart of gold that is easy to dismiss by a casual glance. The game is very much faithful to the IP - brutally difficult combat, difficult choices with noTo find the greatest injustices of this year, look no further than the reviews of Cyanide's Game of Thrones. The game resembles its two protagonists great deal - a battered outer shell riddled with scars and blemishes of age hides a heart of gold that is easy to dismiss by a casual glance. The game is very much faithful to the IP - brutally difficult combat, difficult choices with no obvious right or wrong and plot that manages to keep you on your toes.

In this game you can truly not trust the mainstream media or casual gamers. It is very much a game of the olden days, from times when you had to put up with some aesthetic limitations and face actual difficulty. I can very much see what puts off many people: slow start, brutally hard difficulty that provides little tutorial and the lack of polish.

If you can put the small annoyances aside, you'll be rewarded by a diverse character systems that enable multiple approaches, the rare feeling of true accomplishment as you defeat more difficult foes - and most importantly a story that very much resembles G.R.R. Martin on his better days.

If you've gone through some of the classic RPG's of the past decades and are not put off by mature themes and characters, you'll very much find this game a pleasant surprise. If you're looking for visual eye candy, mindless button mashing and infantile ego-boosting - steer away.
  11. Jul 30, 2014
    In all honesty, this game is a solid 7/10 but alas I have to give a 10 thanks to idiotic the idiotic 0/10 reviews. This game has an awkward combat system that can be confusing to learn, but has an excellent story to tell once you get past that.
  12. May 30, 2013
    This game is really underrated, the graphics and game mechanics are not so good, there are some issues with the camera and some textures are really awful.
    Yet the quests are not boring and the story is one of the best i have ever seen in a role playing game, i won't forget the characters i played in this awesome story.
  13. Jun 9, 2012
    Aside from graphics, the game story is catchy. the combat is somewhat broken but story itself and being in the universe of G.o.T was unexpectedly felt good. if you watch the series and wanted to get insight about westeros, I definitely recommend it.
  14. Oct 6, 2013
    I can't understand why the average score is so low. I have read the negative reviews and I don't agree with most of them: graphics didn't bother me, I thought it looked good, might not be top of the line, but it doesn't make the game less good.
    The voice acting is really good, at least for the english version. The two main characters you play as, have great personalities and matching voices.

I love turn based combat, gives you the time to plan your attacks, making use of your allies abilities in a strategic way. Combat was fun, except for 1 battle which was too hard for my taste. The abilities of the characters you control are fun and give you plenty of variety. Some reviewers complained about the skill system, I don't get their complaints: You can pick abilities and skills and it is pretty straightforward.

I spend probably 30+ hours playing this game, great value for the 7,5 euros ($10) I paid. I was hessitant to buy this game at first, but the price convinced me to try it, and it didn't disappoint.

If you aren't into rpg's or turnbased 3rd person games, you probably won't like this game. But if you like games like The Witcher and Dragon Age, you'll probably love this game too.

The story just sucks you in, and in my opinion the story is almost as good as Dragon Age's story (a bioware game which is amazing)
    I would score this game a 9 out of 10 if not for the camera problems I sometimes encountered in indoor environments: The camera would suddenly change direction, causing your character to walk in the wrong direction (though it was only a nuisance: it didn't affect the combat).
  15. Jun 2, 2012
    The game's story, and use of the setting's narrative is extremely well done. The combat is different, but once I got used to it, it was adequate. The mythos and world truly shine here. I believe many reviewers came to this product wanting to a role like the machiavellian Tyrion and were let down to some degree because it's a role playing game about two men whom inhabit the world not justThe game's story, and use of the setting's narrative is extremely well done. The combat is different, but once I got used to it, it was adequate. The mythos and world truly shine here. I believe many reviewers came to this product wanting to a role like the machiavellian Tyrion and were let down to some degree because it's a role playing game about two men whom inhabit the world not just the power brokers. I truly enjoyed my experience with this game, and found both characters more compelling then most video game characters to date. The game deserves far more praise then scorn, even though the combat system is somewhat restrictive but fun once you let go of the need for it to be something else. The cities can also be a touch monotonous, with every street being the exact same width and brick work that doesn't scream imagination.
    Still, I am surprised and dismayed the game does not get rated higher for it's ability to draw you into such a thrilling story and setting. I would definitely recommend it for fans of George R. R. Martin's book and show. Highly recommended.
  16. Jun 23, 2012
    On the other side of the war, and in keeping with the flames-reflected-in-eyeball motif, Stannis almost strangled Melisandre to death ("Where's your God now?") for what he believed to be false visions. And while he eventually became entranced by a flame, and maybe saw some visions of his own, the thing I remembered most about the scene was the regret and guilt Stannis felt, finally settingOn the other side of the war, and in keeping with the flames-reflected-in-eyeball motif, Stannis almost strangled Melisandre to death ("Where's your God now?") for what he believed to be false visions. And while he eventually became entranced by a flame, and maybe saw some visions of his own, the thing I remembered most about the scene was the regret and guilt Stannis felt, finally setting in, over killing Renly. Expand
  17. Jun 15, 2015
    A competently executed RPG which was not actually as bad as i had expected from other reviews.

A really engaging example of writing in the ASoIaF universe, it is no surprise GRRM collaborated, it is well worth playing like a Telltale game if that's what you want to do. Graphics are pleasant and functional, as is the sound. Controls are decent, cinematography in cut scenes

Graphics are pleasant and functional, as is the sound.

Controls are decent, cinematography in cut scenes surprisingly good (great angles, lighting and modelling of the actors' faces from the HBO series, as well as great performances from them in voice), stats system is so easy to understand, a child could pick it up.

I also like the way they have gone the Bioware route and allowed the option (which you can enable in the options) to hide the helmet you have chosen in the cinematics - this really makes a difference as you can choose that horned wildling helmet, but still see your character's facial expressions, who they are looking at etc.

All in all, it's a "modern" RPG with all that entails, but it is well done and it has one of the best stories I've seen in an RPG. I really enjoyed it.
  18. Jun 7, 2012
    The biggest challenge for this game to get at least some moderate reviews is that it actually one of the few ones which requers to finish it before thinking giving to it any score. I had quite a few times when I dropped the game because of bad port issues, messy camera and raging loading times, but I could't just let it unfinished because of the story. The story, fastening it's pace fromThe biggest challenge for this game to get at least some moderate reviews is that it actually one of the few ones which requers to finish it before thinking giving to it any score. I had quite a few times when I dropped the game because of bad port issues, messy camera and raging loading times, but I could't just let it unfinished because of the story. The story, fastening it's pace from chapted 10 tremedously, makes it all worth it. Witcher 2 had a great story, but it was clunky and lacked personal investment of a player in it, personal feelings. Bioware blue lesbians does't even come in comparison to GoTRPG. This is truly an exellent kind of personal, not save-the-world story, in a grim, rough world, filled with lying scum, merciless brigands and vile political intrigues, where sometimes you start to wonder if in the next chapter it would be your character who would suffer the same ugly fate you give to other just for the sake of your own survival. The game is filled with choices and consequences: from purely cosmetic to ones that would change the way your characters act, NPCs act or how the game would end. GoTRPG is an roleplaying experience that even people who are't familiar with the series would enjoy, because of good filling ins, a codes and because ultimately it's not about Westeros, but about two characters you customise, make choices with and learn what are their fates come to be.
    People who like GORGEOUS FAST PACED ACTION CINEMATIC CUTSCENES may as well go play something else: the graphics in the game is a bit outdated, but details, landscapes and mood completely make up for it; the combat is not hard, but sometimes requers preparation and at least a bit of thinking and pausing; the action is sacrificed for hours of voiced dialogue - superbly written dialogue, by the way. People also bring voice acting as issue, but I enjoyed it very much, because rough, evil and sadistic characters are quite the refreshment from hollywoodish boys and girls people's ears are used to. Mors voice acting is exellent, for example, as well as main villain and some other great characters (like infamous Spider).
    This game's story is a rare black jewel in a world of banal and boring fairytales gamers are used to. Do not miss it.
  19. Dec 29, 2012
    I can't understand the reason this game has so many bad reviews.

The graphic is not so bad, dubbers are quite good, dialogs are often well scripted and the RPG features (Class abilities, Skill points, ect) seem very good, even if not many players will replay the entire game to use another class/advancement. Technically is not a masterpiece, but the story is amazing. Really, in my
    I can't understand the reason this game has so many bad reviews.

Technically is not a masterpiece, but the story is amazing. Really, in my experience this is the only game who made me scream a loud "NO" in front of the scream. It's a violent and vulgar tale, typical of Martin's. You'll love and hate not only NPCs, but above all your own characters. The secondary missions are not really enjoyable, as they only need to increase your level and nothing else, but still the main mission plot is so great that you are forced to keep playing after the end of every chapter.

If you love fantasy/medieval RPG, you can't miss this one.
  20. Jun 17, 2012
    hugely underrated.best story in a video game. the combat is a poorly-executed version of Dragon Age: Origin's, and is the major drawback here. but if you can overlook this, you'll have a lot of fun.
  21. May 20, 2012
    This game is far from awesome but it will satisfy any A Song of Ice and Fire fans out there. The main thing a game with this setting has to do right is the plot, and the plot on this one is great, it basically carries you through the mediocre graphics and generic gameplay. The sound track is pretty good, it complements the setting. About the gameplay you will have a feeling of "been there"This game is far from awesome but it will satisfy any A Song of Ice and Fire fans out there. The main thing a game with this setting has to do right is the plot, and the plot on this one is great, it basically carries you through the mediocre graphics and generic gameplay. The sound track is pretty good, it complements the setting. About the gameplay you will have a feeling of "been there" if you played Bioware games like "dragon age" before. The combat and dialogue systems are very similar altough much worse executed. It feels like a generic copy. Its not bad gameplay its just not original and it does get a bit repetitive. Summing it up, if you read or watched A Game of Thrones you will enjoy this game. If not, this is a below average RPG and I'd only recommend it if you dont have any other RPG's to play. Expand
  22. May 21, 2012
    Pay no attention to the haters. Despite its several flaws, this is a really good game with an excellent story, very memorable characters, and well designed (though admittedly poorly implemented in some ways) gameplay. If you're a fan of the books, you won't be disappointed by the game. George RR Martin worked closely with Cyanide on the story of this game, and it really shows. It is veryPay no attention to the haters. Despite its several flaws, this is a really good game with an excellent story, very memorable characters, and well designed (though admittedly poorly implemented in some ways) gameplay. If you're a fan of the books, you won't be disappointed by the game. George RR Martin worked closely with Cyanide on the story of this game, and it really shows. It is very much a worthy addition to the A Song of Ice and Fire universe, and it expertly captures the feel of that setting. This isn't some generic high fantasy world with elves and orcs, but a realistic, dark medieval setting where betrayal comes from your most trusted allies, and the good guys rarely win.

True, the graphics aren't very good, and the game is poorly optimized, but honestly, those problems don't count for much in the face of the excellent storytelling and plot, in my opinion. If you want a pretty rpg, go play Skyrim. If you want an rpg with a great story and believable setting, play Game of Thrones.

The gameplay isn't nearly as bad as many are making it out to be. It's very comparable to Dragon Age: Origins, with similar problems (unresponsive controls, not very immersive), but the pacing of combat is very good, and there are a lot of neat skills to unlock. In my opinion, the classes and ability trees are significantly better than those of DA:O.

If you're a gamer who can appreciate a great story and great storytelling, you should really buy this game. If you're a gamer who is also a fan of A Song of Ice and Fire, you should really buy this game. If you're a gamer who can't appreciate nice things, you should probably go back to Call of Duty or whatever other wretched hive of scum and villainy you crawled out of.
  23. May 22, 2012
    Great game. The story is great. The fighting is pretty good. The choices have actual consequences and the game flows from your decisions. Runs with max settings on my 3 year old laptop with no problems. There are a few minor flaws though. 5 years ago, this game would have looked great. But today the graphics are a bit dated, though why that should matter to a great gaming experience I amGreat game. The story is great. The fighting is pretty good. The choices have actual consequences and the game flows from your decisions. Runs with max settings on my 3 year old laptop with no problems. There are a few minor flaws though. 5 years ago, this game would have looked great. But today the graphics are a bit dated, though why that should matter to a great gaming experience I am not entirely certain since they are not bad. There are also some very minor bugs that do not appear to affect quests but are a bit annoying, nothing as terrible as what most modern games launch with. Overall, a great gaming experience with a few minor flaws. Expand
  24. Jun 22, 2012
    This game has an excellent plot. Yeah it has nor the graphic or the perfection of these days games, but it is humble with a great heart. I don't suggest it to people who don't know the series or the book, even if it has a gameplay who shares many characteristics with Bioware games (the dialogue wheel, the combat system, the choices along the storytelling). But it is a game with greatThis game has an excellent plot. Yeah it has nor the graphic or the perfection of these days games, but it is humble with a great heart. I don't suggest it to people who don't know the series or the book, even if it has a gameplay who shares many characteristics with Bioware games (the dialogue wheel, the combat system, the choices along the storytelling). But it is a game with great potential, with a new story, original, well written and very emotional. The fightings are a challange, there is a lot of strategy and timing, the side quests are many and all damnt interesting, not as useness optional quests, you should do them all if you want to live the complete game. The characters are great, all deep and perfectly builded. I've given it an 8 just because, yeah graphic is quite importan and for 2012 this game looks pretty old and there are some glitches and it is difficult to set controls on the pc version, but it could've deserved a 10. Skyrim has a good graphic, physic and all, but it has no story and it has more bugs than this, so screw you fanboys! Expand
  25. Jan 3, 2013
    10/10 - I'm tired of studios that put more effort into the graphics than the actual game play, It was refreshing to find that someone did it the other way around. Though, the graphics aren't bad at all. It's gritty and has an atmosphere that other brutal games can only dream about.

The character creation, If compared to certain other RPG's is simple at best, But it's sufficient enough to tweak the standard classes you're presented with to your liking. I can't say that it's 100% worth its 40 Euro price tag, But if you manage to pick it up for less than 20 it's well worth your money.
  26. Mar 22, 2013
    If you are a fan of the Westeros lore, then you should check this game out. I have read all 5 novels and enjoyed the HBO series. I'm at Chapter 5 of the game, and I'm impressed how they've inserted this narrative without harming the existing canon. This game deserves a much higher score, but I won't be a dirtbag and give a 10 just to manipulate votes. Go into this expecting somethingIf you are a fan of the Westeros lore, then you should check this game out. I have read all 5 novels and enjoyed the HBO series. I'm at Chapter 5 of the game, and I'm impressed how they've inserted this narrative without harming the existing canon. This game deserves a much higher score, but I won't be a dirtbag and give a 10 just to manipulate votes. Go into this expecting something unique and heavy on narrative. It's not an open-world game. It's not an action RPG really. The hybrid combat system is interesting, but that shouldn't be what's bringing you to the game.

The story is great. The minmaxer in me gets some joy out of my character build, but ultimately it's not loot-heavy or anything like that. I'm glad I got it on a steam sale. I expect to finish the game.
  27. Jan 16, 2014
    An RPG taking place in George R.R. Martin’s rich fantasy world. The story takes place just before
    the events that happen in the First Book and HBO’s T.V. Show Season 1. The graphics are pretty good as are the recreations of the scenes from the T.V. show. The games camera or FOV are too close and feel very cramped and claustrophobic however with a few simple tweaks the game improves immensely.(See Below for instructions on how to tweak your game) The epic musical soundtrack from the T.V. show is great throughout the entire game. The voice acting is also done nicely. The gameplay combat is clunky, you set up actions in a three-slot queue, then watch your commands get carried out in sequence. Apart from your basic attack, no abilities are mapped to any face buttons, so you frequently need to pause (though the action doesn’t stop entirely) and pull up an ability wheel to issue new orders. George R.R. Martin collaborated with Cyanide to create the story and I got say it is as good as the books and will keep you coming back to see what is going to happen next? I feel the game has a good replay value with all the choices you make throughout the entire game which effect how people react to you and of course the end game. Also replaying with different classes adds to a new experience. There are five different endings based on what you do in the last chapter, but the bigger changes occur throughout the adventure as characters are either present or absent based on how you treated them earlier. Game of Thrones is split into chapters, and control alternates between two protagonists. Alester is a red priest returned from a 15-year exile in the east, and Mors is a skinchanger in the Night’s Watch. Though the two plotlines are initially unconnected, each story arc is full of interesting developments and surprising twists, making their eventual convergence quite satisfying. Mor’s is a skinchanger so he can inhabit the body of his lovable dog and scare attackers with his mighty bark, or lunge at their throats with its chopping teeth. You can control your dog outside of combat as well, to track the scent of a fleeing coward or squeeze through a hole in the wall, and this adds some diversity to the exploration. The dog also has a skill tree to level up with Mors. Certain animations for the kill scenes are quite entertaining. In many RPGs, good loot can make some long fought battles worth the wait but that doesn’t happen in Game of Thrones. Nearly all of the good items from shops are unattainably expensive until the game is practically over, leaving you to scavenge for gear suited to your particular armor and weapon specialties. Overall I feel Game of Thrones is purely story fleshed out through its two characters as you delve deeper into all its lore. If you enjoy great story telling with a lack of good game mechanics than you cant go wrong with Game of Thrones.
    2 Tweaks I found that greatly improved the game for me are:
    **Turn on Vsync**
    Edit configuration file
    Go to %USERPROFILE%My DocumentsGame of ThronesUnrealEngine3AGOTGameConfig
    Open AGOTEngine.ini with a text editor.
    Find a line: UseVsync=False.
    And change it to: UseVsync=True to enable Vsync.

**Adjust the Field of View**
    Edit input configuration file
    Go to %USERPROFILE%My DocumentsGame of ThronesUnrealEngine3AGOTGameConfig
    Open AGOTInput.ini with a text editor.
    Find the section [Engine.PlayerInput]
    At the end of it, add the following lines:
    Bindings=(Name="F1",Command="FOV 75",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F2",Command="FOV 90",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F3",Command="FOV 120",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Modifiy FOV values to your preference if needed and save.
    Launch a game.
    While in game, press F1, F2 or F3 to change FOV.

Hope this helps as I found both work and make the game alot better.
    Here's a link to a video showing the effects!
  28. Jan 10, 2015
    The story and writing is one of the best ever seen in video games. More games like this should come out to raise the standard of writing and storytelling. If you can look past outdated graphics, tedious combats, bad animations and mediocre voice acting, you will care and want to know about characters and plots more so than other AAA titles such as Dragon Age. There are tangibleThe story and writing is one of the best ever seen in video games. More games like this should come out to raise the standard of writing and storytelling. If you can look past outdated graphics, tedious combats, bad animations and mediocre voice acting, you will care and want to know about characters and plots more so than other AAA titles such as Dragon Age. There are tangible consequences for your choices, too.

In other words, the only thing salvageable from this game is the writing but for that the game is worth it. I don't even know who wrote it but the guy should be working for Bioware, CDProjekt, or Bethesda. For what it is worth, if you care about good stories, play this game.
  29. Aug 7, 2012
    The story and character development are strong, which is the most important thing. The dialogues are mostly well-written, with few "misses". The combat system is fun enough, even if maybe not very balanced, and the combat is challenging.
    While the dated graphics, unpolished interface and minor glitches detract from the experience, I believe that most RPG fans should find it enjoyable, not just (existing) ASoIaF fans.
  30. May 16, 2012
    This game have many little defect, graphics and animation are not awesome, sometime there is issues with the camera ... But I loved this game, the story is just awesome and it was real pleasure to play it. And the most important, you can play a Water Dancer.
  31. May 26, 2012
    This game has interesting story and that was the main point of developers. Graphics is the worst part of the game but it could be forgiven. I think gameplay is rather interesting, but I don't know for what needs there are money. At the end I had about 100 gold dragons and I didn't know what should I buy at the stores.
  32. May 27, 2012
    You know what... i didn't even notice the dodgy graphics.. I was far too busy fully immersing myself in a fantastic story. As a fan of the TV show I was very excited to see the pre-story unfold.. and felt like i was a part of it. The fight mechanics are different to anything I have played before, but enjoyable. I think i played for about 10 hours yesterday.. and would have played longer ifYou know what... i didn't even notice the dodgy graphics.. I was far too busy fully immersing myself in a fantastic story. As a fan of the TV show I was very excited to see the pre-story unfold.. and felt like i was a part of it. The fight mechanics are different to anything I have played before, but enjoyable. I think i played for about 10 hours yesterday.. and would have played longer if time permitted. Probably better suited to a more mature gamer.. one that likes an involved story, and likes to make decisions that will effect the rest of the game as the story unravels. recommended definitely for G.O.T. fans. Expand
  33. Jul 19, 2012
    Marvelous! One of the best story in many many years!! It has minor defects, graphics seems to be outdated (but only a little) but THE STORY! Its a RPG - a long one, with many secrets and mysteries, with a very well written main storyline.. Simply Fantastic!
  34. Aug 16, 2012
    I don't understand why this game is so underrated. It has some flaws, like the boring combat system and some graphical issues (some bad animations, a good graphics with some horrible elements), but it has also one of the best plot ever seen on an RPG, with two coherent and meticulously crafted character and a lot of surprises. This game is capable of perfectly recreates the atmosphere ofI don't understand why this game is so underrated. It has some flaws, like the boring combat system and some graphical issues (some bad animations, a good graphics with some horrible elements), but it has also one of the best plot ever seen on an RPG, with two coherent and meticulously crafted character and a lot of surprises. This game is capable of perfectly recreates the atmosphere of ASOIAF and to let the player travel around the world of Martin, letting him to make choices that changes his fate. As i said before, this game is really underrated, and is pathetic to see some bad blockbusters receive a totally different reception, like the horrible Dragon Age 2. Expand
  35. Dec 30, 2013
    Easily among the most underrated games of the past few years. If it was based on a more modern graphics engine and was more polished in some aspects (animations, some rather amateurish voice acting) we would be talking about an absolutely classic RPG title. But even as it is, it is more than solid as an RPG (certainly more of an "RPG" than a lot other critically acclaimed titles of recentEasily among the most underrated games of the past few years. If it was based on a more modern graphics engine and was more polished in some aspects (animations, some rather amateurish voice acting) we would be talking about an absolutely classic RPG title. But even as it is, it is more than solid as an RPG (certainly more of an "RPG" than a lot other critically acclaimed titles of recent years) and a Must Buy for fans of GRRM's work. Expand
  36. Oct 14, 2014
    this game is rich in story and I love the gameplay, The combat system reminds me of dragon age the original style I truly hope to see more of this franchise in the gaming community.
  37. Aug 18, 2013
    This game was so suprisingly good that i decided to create a metacritic account!

To be honest, the combat system isnt that great, as others have said before its very similar to dragon age origins. But just as in DA:O, its not the combat that makes the game great, its the story. And the story of this game is by far the best i have ever seen in a videogame (the same goes for the two

And the story of this game is by far the best i have ever seen in a videogame (the same goes for the two characters, Mors and Alester).
    Seriously, it really feels like game of thrones. Once you have started playing you cant wait to see what happens next. The plot plays on another path (parallel to the original game ot thrones storyline) so it adds perfectly to the GoT universe rather than messing it up.

It took me 64 hours to complete the game, though i have to admit that i didnt rush through it and replayed a couple of scenes to see what happens when i make different choices.

I havent played the blood bound dlc yet, but i hope it will be on sale soon.

If you see game of thrones on sale and you like the books or tv series, buy it! You wont be disappointed.

10/10 for some great time with the most underrated game ever
  38. Aug 28, 2013
    In all honesty, this game is one of the best RPG's I have played of late. Yes the graphics are dated and the combat is clunky, but it has a great story, with characters you care about and twists that are actually twists. Although strictly speaking it is not classified as cannon, it is still a very well written game. If you like the more Western approach to RPG's such as the Dragon AgeIn all honesty, this game is one of the best RPG's I have played of late. Yes the graphics are dated and the combat is clunky, but it has a great story, with characters you care about and twists that are actually twists. Although strictly speaking it is not classified as cannon, it is still a very well written game. If you like the more Western approach to RPG's such as the Dragon Age series, then do play this Expand
  39. Nov 14, 2013
    Absurdly underrated (mainly because it is not fun for children). Most mature storyline in a PC game since witcher 1.

If you like the tv-series this is almost as good as you could hope for. The one drawback is the "tunnel" feeling you get and the other is the laughable avoidance of sex. But both does not really matter for the story is just that good.
  40. Dec 15, 2013
    As RPGs go this one is very underrated. If you liked games that were dialog/story/character drive, such as Dragon Age: Origins and the Knights of the Old Republic series, you should really take a look at this game. It plays in very similar fashion to those games, and provides a story that runs nicely alongside the main story of the Game of Thrones novel without ever crossing over intoAs RPGs go this one is very underrated. If you liked games that were dialog/story/character drive, such as Dragon Age: Origins and the Knights of the Old Republic series, you should really take a look at this game. It plays in very similar fashion to those games, and provides a story that runs nicely alongside the main story of the Game of Thrones novel without ever crossing over into territory where it might contradict the 'real' story of the books/show. The main characters are great, with motivations, depth, and character flaws we come to expect from characters in the GoT/ASoIaF series. The voice acting really lets the writing down, unfortunately.

The combat is where the game isn't overly exciting, but veterans of those games I've mentioned above won't have any issue of it. People looking for a fast-paced hack and slash button-mashed combat game will be severely disappointed. The story should make the combat worth getting through, though.

The graphics are kind of all over the place, with some characters looking like their model was spent a good deal of time on, and others looking like they were hastily thrown together. I found the armors and weapons pretty good in most cases.

Overall, this is a vintage RPG offering. It relies on a compelling story with lots compelling characters and many twists and turns to keep you involved rather than depending on a lot of splashy quick time events or glitzy but hollow characters.

If you like games such as Dragon Age: Origins, Knights of the Old Republic, Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, then you'll be right at home with this game.
  41. Jun 8, 2014
    An RPG must be judged for its story first and afterwards for its game mechanics..This game's story rocks!

P.S. As the developers claim, Martin himself was behind the story this game!
  42. Dec 29, 2012

I can't understand the reason this game has so many bad reviews.

If you love fantasy/medieval RPG, you can't miss this one.

1. Aug 31, 2012
    Fans of the books and the series will be thrilled, as all the classic features are here: multi-faceted characters, schemes, betrayals, incest, twists and genuine anti-heroes that seek redemption desperately, but in vain. [July 2012]
  2. Jul 28, 2012
    If not for its poor technical execution, Game of Thrones would have taken its rightful place in the 80+ range.
  3. Jul 12, 2012
    Far from the RPG that Game of Thrones deserves, but still better than its components have the right to be. [Sept 2012, p.58]