Game of Thrones PC

6.5

1. Jul 15, 2013
    I have wanted to buy this game for some time. I read reviews, saw YouTube and finaly I bought the game few days ago when the Steam 2013 summer sale started. I got the special edition (game all DLCs) at 14.99 EUR. And to be honest, I do not understand such low scores everywhere. The game is everything I expected. A nice RPG, with an excellent story, nice graphics and very nice combatI have wanted to buy this game for some time. I read reviews, saw YouTube and finaly I bought the game few days ago when the Steam 2013 summer sale started. I got the special edition (game all DLCs) at 14.99 EUR. And to be honest, I do not understand such low scores everywhere. The game is everything I expected. A nice RPG, with an excellent story, nice graphics and very nice combat system.
    Many people complain about the graphics. As mentioned, I really find it nice. A typical Unreal 3 engine, no worse than ME2 or 3. I also like the combat system. Intuitive with a vast variety of choices and not only skills, but also weapon types effective against different types of armor. My final score is 8/10 because sometimes there is a slight problem with the camera, but nothing too serious and some of the voiceacting could be better. But all in all, it is a perfect RPG game.
    P.S. I have not read any book and only saw 2 seasons of the TV series, so I am not a fanboy.
  2. Dec 29, 2012
    I can't understand the reason this game has so many bad reviews.

The graphic is not so bad, dubbers are quite good, dialogs are often well scripted and the RPG features (Class abilities, Skill points, ect) seem very good, even if not many players will replay the entire game to use another class/advancement. Technically is not a masterpiece, but the story is amazing. Really, in my
    I can't understand the reason this game has so many bad reviews.

Technically is not a masterpiece, but the story is amazing. Really, in my experience this is the only game who made me scream a loud "NO" in front of the scream. It's a violent and vulgar tale, typical of Martin's. You'll love and hate not only NPCs, but above all your own characters. The secondary missions are not really enjoyable, as they only need to increase your level and nothing else, but still the main mission plot is so great that you are forced to keep playing after the end of every chapter.

If you love fantasy/medieval RPG, you can't miss this one.
  3. Jun 17, 2012
    hugely underrated.best story in a video game. the combat is a poorly-executed version of Dragon Age: Origin's, and is the major drawback here. but if you can overlook this, you'll have a lot of fun.
  4. May 18, 2012
    Pros are: story, atmosphere and attention for details, tons of equipment, interesting classes and character customization which change your gameplay significantly. Cons are: graphics, minor glitches like going through doors and strange camera. Not sure about combat, I'am OK with that. 8) Well, as an RPG it worth a try.
  5. Jun 8, 2012
    Outdated. Everything about this game is outdated the graphics, the sound and the combat. A great story (Personally haven't seen this great story people are raving about Has video gaming become so devoid of story that any at all thrills people to there core?) doesn't excuse how average the rest of the game is. without the game of thrones cover this game would not be worth a look. And that'sOutdated. Everything about this game is outdated the graphics, the sound and the combat. A great story (Personally haven't seen this great story people are raving about Has video gaming become so devoid of story that any at all thrills people to there core?) doesn't excuse how average the rest of the game is. without the game of thrones cover this game would not be worth a look. And that's the point I think if you're a fan there is some joy to playing in the world if not skip it. Expand
  6. Sep 9, 2012
    I liked the books a lot, but even that can't save this game from being boring. The constant cut scenes, about 70% of the time you are watching cut scenes, and the constant running around not doing anything make this game...............BORING. Sorry, gave it 12 hours of my time and just couldn't keep going.............. maybe if you are an absolute total diehard fan...............other thanI liked the books a lot, but even that can't save this game from being boring. The constant cut scenes, about 70% of the time you are watching cut scenes, and the constant running around not doing anything make this game...............BORING. Sorry, gave it 12 hours of my time and just couldn't keep going.............. maybe if you are an absolute total diehard fan...............other than that save your money. Expand
  7. Oct 21, 2013
    I'm really surprised this game didn't get a better review. Yes it's a bit linear, but some of the different decisions you make can have a drastic impact on that particular chapter. For instance, one chapter lets you decide between knocking out a woman or letting her free, which determines whether you'll be fighting your way through a large area or fighting through it.

The graphics are

The graphics are really nice, especially the banners and crests. Some of the armor your protagonists wear is also very badass (Mors family armor especially).

There is a ton of dialog, which is skippable. If you're a GOT geek, you get to learn a lot about some of the other families and the history leading up to the first book/season.

The combat is not nearly as terrible as many people saying. It's basically using a series of moves that combo off each other, similar to how Baldur's Gate type games worked.

I gave this game an 8 because it's legitimately fun. I haven't run into any bugs and the game runs great. I'm close to the end now and am bummed out it's going to be over. One thing I should mention is that this game could have been incredibly epic. It seems like it could have used a bit more time in development to flesh out some of the areas and mechanics.
  8. Jun 7, 2012
    The biggest challenge for this game to get at least some moderate reviews is that it actually one of the few ones which requers to finish it before thinking giving to it any score. I had quite a few times when I dropped the game because of bad port issues, messy camera and raging loading times, but I could't just let it unfinished because of the story. The story, fastening it's pace fromThe biggest challenge for this game to get at least some moderate reviews is that it actually one of the few ones which requers to finish it before thinking giving to it any score. I had quite a few times when I dropped the game because of bad port issues, messy camera and raging loading times, but I could't just let it unfinished because of the story. The story, fastening it's pace from chapted 10 tremedously, makes it all worth it. Witcher 2 had a great story, but it was clunky and lacked personal investment of a player in it, personal feelings. Bioware blue lesbians does't even come in comparison to GoTRPG. This is truly an exellent kind of personal, not save-the-world story, in a grim, rough world, filled with lying scum, merciless brigands and vile political intrigues, where sometimes you start to wonder if in the next chapter it would be your character who would suffer the same ugly fate you give to other just for the sake of your own survival. The game is filled with choices and consequences: from purely cosmetic to ones that would change the way your characters act, NPCs act or how the game would end. GoTRPG is an roleplaying experience that even people who are't familiar with the series would enjoy, because of good filling ins, a codes and because ultimately it's not about Westeros, but about two characters you customise, make choices with and learn what are their fates come to be.
    People who like GORGEOUS FAST PACED ACTION CINEMATIC CUTSCENES may as well go play something else: the graphics in the game is a bit outdated, but details, landscapes and mood completely make up for it; the combat is not hard, but sometimes requers preparation and at least a bit of thinking and pausing; the action is sacrificed for hours of voiced dialogue - superbly written dialogue, by the way. People also bring voice acting as issue, but I enjoyed it very much, because rough, evil and sadistic characters are quite the refreshment from hollywoodish boys and girls people's ears are used to. Mors voice acting is exellent, for example, as well as main villain and some other great characters (like infamous Spider).
    This game's story is a rare black jewel in a world of banal and boring fairytales gamers are used to. Do not miss it.
  9. Jun 9, 2012
    Aside from graphics, the game story is catchy. the combat is somewhat broken but story itself and being in the universe of G.o.T was unexpectedly felt good. if you watch the series and wanted to get insight about westeros, I definitely recommend it.
  10. Mar 17, 2013
    If you can get past the awkward voice acting, combat system, and somewhat dated graphics, the storyline of Game of Thrones is surprisingly good. You play as two separate characters who eventually team up, and run into characters from the books/TV show. A word of warning; the game expects you to be familiar with the setting, so if you haven't read the books (maybe there are a few of youIf you can get past the awkward voice acting, combat system, and somewhat dated graphics, the storyline of Game of Thrones is surprisingly good. You play as two separate characters who eventually team up, and run into characters from the books/TV show. A word of warning; the game expects you to be familiar with the setting, so if you haven't read the books (maybe there are a few of you out there) you might feel a bit lost. Still, for all it's flaws, Game of Thrones is a decent game. Expand
  11. Nov 13, 2013
    You know what, this isn't too bad. The text is a bit blah blah, I mean, why say one sentence and allow the game and story to move on by itself when 20 sentences will do, and the combat is a bad version of Dragon age, and also I could live the rest of my life without seeing that same death animation again but hey, other than that (and there's a lot other than that) this isn't bad at all.You know what, this isn't too bad. The text is a bit blah blah, I mean, why say one sentence and allow the game and story to move on by itself when 20 sentences will do, and the combat is a bad version of Dragon age, and also I could live the rest of my life without seeing that same death animation again but hey, other than that (and there's a lot other than that) this isn't bad at all. Far from great but worth a punt when cheap. Expand
  12. Jun 11, 2012
    Look I love a good RPG but this game needs to be blown up by a real RPG. I tried very hard to give this game some time but with the long drawn out dialogs and not much action during the 4 mind numbing hours I spent I could no longer take it. In all honesty I felt like I just bought a really expensive audio book. If you like story line then there is plenty of it. I will give them this itLook I love a good RPG but this game needs to be blown up by a real RPG. I tried very hard to give this game some time but with the long drawn out dialogs and not much action during the 4 mind numbing hours I spent I could no longer take it. In all honesty I felt like I just bought a really expensive audio book. If you like story line then there is plenty of it. I will give them this it is a well written story line, but I was looking for a game. As for when you actually play I was no fan of the combat. You can feel extremely lost for a bit, it takes some time to understand. Graphics are a bit odd I was wondering if it was meant to be out dated from an artistic point or if it was just laziness. So my final thoughts to you all is if your a true fan of the books you have a great story line here as long as your not looking for a full action game as I was this maybe up your ally. Just not mine. Expand
  13. Feb 16, 2013
    First of all. This games something from your computer. On mine i can run it smooth while some have issues with loading times, graphics and so forth. Storywise this game does not disappoint. G.R.R Martin handwork is very visible and captured well into the game. Camera is ok, not bad for my taste but could use some improvement. Graphics in general are good, combat is wierd but once you getFirst of all. This games something from your computer. On mine i can run it smooth while some have issues with loading times, graphics and so forth. Storywise this game does not disappoint. G.R.R Martin handwork is very visible and captured well into the game. Camera is ok, not bad for my taste but could use some improvement. Graphics in general are good, combat is wierd but once you get used to it, it´s nice. Voice acting is in grey area. Not best work but certainly not bad either. You can regonize old characters. :)

All in all. This game is good and i judge it by the element it should be judged...Story. Sadly all hate towards this delayed me from getting it.
  14. Oct 6, 2012
    It was nice to see the "Game of Thrones" in a really decent RPG game, caught up in her world, the story. It is a pity that this edition of the RPG saga .... is probably not the best idea. Game of Thrones can pull a climate known from the show, or book. It can involve as interesting storyline (which still can not compete with other RPG games, or reading a book or series). Save this gameIt was nice to see the "Game of Thrones" in a really decent RPG game, caught up in her world, the story. It is a pity that this edition of the RPG saga .... is probably not the best idea. Game of Thrones can pull a climate known from the show, or book. It can involve as interesting storyline (which still can not compete with other RPG games, or reading a book or series). Save this game just yet that this year there were not a lot of role-playing games so the game is not specifically what to compete. Many discouraged once the fight, which consists of selecting one of several special attacks. Everything builds to the embrace these attacks, and we have his tactics / strategy. It is a pity that it is so limited, and we are just too small possibility in this fight, and so that is already a little outdated. This game is hard .. when we surprise a few opponents and we do not have a companion, you can restart the moment with up to 10 times. It is a pity that the next attempt to move the book / series to the game was not so successful, you may just let developers do forgive the game based on the novel. My rating -5/10 Expand
  15. Apr 25, 2014
    Game of Thrones is a hugely flawed game. Almost everything about it falls short, yet i still relatively enjoyed myself due to the spectacular story. It takes a while to get going, and honestly, it's hard to get in to at the beginning. The voice acting is bad, the animations are bad, the cutscenes are boring, and there is little to no background lore. But once you get about half way throughGame of Thrones is a hugely flawed game. Almost everything about it falls short, yet i still relatively enjoyed myself due to the spectacular story. It takes a while to get going, and honestly, it's hard to get in to at the beginning. The voice acting is bad, the animations are bad, the cutscenes are boring, and there is little to no background lore. But once you get about half way through the long story (it took me 20 hours to play through, including side missions), it really starts picking up and the ending is fantastic. The game is however brought down my just about everything else. In addition to what I've already mentioned, the gameplay is dull, uninspired, and nonsensical. The controls are clunky and confusing. The inventory system is a pain to manage and so is the plethora of skills you are flushed with. You start the game by making a character and choosing a class and skills. Even though there are decent descriptions, you'll have little idea of what your character will actually perform like. the graphics are below average and the sounds quality and effects are just average. You are constantly given multiple chat options throughout the numerous and lengthy chats you'll have with other characters. However, up until the end of the game these options will have little to no actual effect on the game. Make no mistake, there are 2 endings, one for each character, that you cannot change. However, despite all these flaws, I strangely enjoyed the game. I must admit I am a huge proponent of good stories in video games. If you are like me and really enjoy a good story and are willing to put aside the lackluster gameplay to enjoy it, then you can give this game a go. If you're looking for addicting gameplay in a GoT universe, you'll be sorely disappointed. Expand
  16. Nov 20, 2012
    This is a great game, and I don't understand why the scores are so low. It's not perfect, but the storyline is great (not as good of the books of course), the gameplay is as it should be, the characters are either straight from the book or else made to fit well into the Game of Thrones world. Anyone who loves A Song of Fire and Ice will be sure to enjoy sinking into this creative world.This is a great game, and I don't understand why the scores are so low. It's not perfect, but the storyline is great (not as good of the books of course), the gameplay is as it should be, the characters are either straight from the book or else made to fit well into the Game of Thrones world. Anyone who loves A Song of Fire and Ice will be sure to enjoy sinking into this creative world. Game of Thrones + RPG = an amazing combination. I hope they make some more RPG styled, Song of Fire and Ice inspired games in the future, cuz anything of equal to better quality to this would satisfy my need for good pc gaming. Expand
  17. Aug 7, 2012
    The story and character development are strong, which is the most important thing. The dialogues are mostly well-written, with few "misses". The combat system is fun enough, even if maybe not very balanced, and the combat is challenging.
    While the dated graphics, unpolished interface and minor glitches detract from the experience, I believe that most RPG fans should find it enjoyable, not just (existing) ASoIaF fans.
  18. May 30, 2013
    This game is really underrated, the graphics and game mechanics are not so good, there are some issues with the camera and some textures are really awful.
    Yet the quests are not boring and the story is one of the best i have ever seen in a role playing game, i won't forget the characters i played in this awesome story.
  19. Oct 6, 2013
    I can't understand why the average score is so low. I have read the negative reviews and I don't agree with most of them: graphics didn't bother me, I thought it looked good, might not be top of the line, but it doesn't make the game less good.
    The voice acting is really good, at least for the english version. The two main characters you play as, have great personalities and matching voices.

I love turn based combat, gives you the time to plan your attacks, making use of your allies abilities in a strategic way. Combat was fun, except for 1 battle which was too hard for my taste. The abilities of the characters you control are fun and give you plenty of variety. Some reviewers complained about the skill system, I don't get their complaints: You can pick abilities and skills and it is pretty straightforward.

I spend probably 30+ hours playing this game, great value for the 7,5 euros ($10) I paid. I was hessitant to buy this game at first, but the price convinced me to try it, and it didn't disappoint.

If you aren't into rpg's or turnbased 3rd person games, you probably won't like this game. But if you like games like The Witcher and Dragon Age, you'll probably love this game too.

The story just sucks you in, and in my opinion the story is almost as good as Dragon Age's story (a bioware game which is amazing)
    I would score this game a 9 out of 10 if not for the camera problems I sometimes encountered in indoor environments: The camera would suddenly change direction, causing your character to walk in the wrong direction (though it was only a nuisance: it didn't affect the combat).
  20. Jun 7, 2012
    An other trashgame from that masterpiece called got. This game is not even good: bad graphic but this could be acceptable, bad animations, the worst acting voice I've ever seen in a videogame, stupid gameplay (only fights are quite fun and interesting), bad locations. Full of technical issues, like freezes between two dialogues or armor set not correctly shown during cutscenes. The redAn other trashgame from that masterpiece called got. This game is not even good: bad graphic but this could be acceptable, bad animations, the worst acting voice I've ever seen in a videogame, stupid gameplay (only fights are quite fun and interesting), bad locations. Full of technical issues, like freezes between two dialogues or armor set not correctly shown during cutscenes. The red priest is the character with the lower charisma I've ever met in an RPG. And it's a pity cause the storyline is pretty good, but a good story with such a low acting is not enough to buy this. Expand
  21. Oct 17, 2013
    I have no idea what Game of Thrones is. I will only rate this as a PC game. Graphic are very poorly made, they all seem to be pretty basic, there are no effects, or anything to please my eyes while playing. Entire world seem to be weird, like a person who made Game of Thrones was trippin, the in game characters, are completely weird, they are either skinny, and look like skeletons coveredI have no idea what Game of Thrones is. I will only rate this as a PC game. Graphic are very poorly made, they all seem to be pretty basic, there are no effects, or anything to please my eyes while playing. Entire world seem to be weird, like a person who made Game of Thrones was trippin, the in game characters, are completely weird, they are either skinny, and look like skeletons covered with skin, or fat as hippopotamus in clotches. I just uninstalled the game, because I die to often. I have been playing on medium difficulty. Its ridiculous. The combat system is a disaster, you have your character, and an enemy standing in front, and thats it. Just like in plenty of F2P MMORPGs, you get to choose skills, you dont attact, you press 1/2/3 etc. The entire world seem to be caricature. Its uttery disgusting. I heard there is some TV series named Game of Thrones, but after playing this crap, I will stay away from it, from the book too, just heard it exist. This game must have been done by some beginner programmers, or home learner, because its thats poor. The controls, are bad, cant say anything good about it. Tried to liked it, forced myself to play for 5 hours, but I cant stand it. Expand
  22. Jun 2, 2012
    The game's story, and use of the setting's narrative is extremely well done. The combat is different, but once I got used to it, it was adequate. The mythos and world truly shine here. I believe many reviewers came to this product wanting to a role like the machiavellian Tyrion and were let down to some degree because it's a role playing game about two men whom inhabit the world not justThe game's story, and use of the setting's narrative is extremely well done. The combat is different, but once I got used to it, it was adequate. The mythos and world truly shine here. I believe many reviewers came to this product wanting to a role like the machiavellian Tyrion and were let down to some degree because it's a role playing game about two men whom inhabit the world not just the power brokers. I truly enjoyed my experience with this game, and found both characters more compelling then most video game characters to date. The game deserves far more praise then scorn, even though the combat system is somewhat restrictive but fun once you let go of the need for it to be something else. The cities can also be a touch monotonous, with every street being the exact same width and brick work that doesn't scream imagination.
    Still, I am surprised and dismayed the game does not get rated higher for it's ability to draw you into such a thrilling story and setting. I would definitely recommend it for fans of George R. R. Martin's book and show. Highly recommended.
  23. Jul 21, 2012
    It can't be denied that this game has many flaws. The graphics are dated (they still set the mood very well and succeed in bringing the world to live, though), the camera is a complete disaster, the gameplay is VERY generic and the combat not very varied (partly due to, dictated by the setting, the fact that you almost exclusively fight humans that use no magic...) And still, of all theIt can't be denied that this game has many flaws. The graphics are dated (they still set the mood very well and succeed in bringing the world to live, though), the camera is a complete disaster, the gameplay is VERY generic and the combat not very varied (partly due to, dictated by the setting, the fact that you almost exclusively fight humans that use no magic...) And still, of all the games that I played recently (and those include Mass Effect 3 and Diablo 3) this one, despite the worst reviews, I enjoyed the most. By far. Because, simply put, this one didn't care a a bit about the bells and whistles, but it cared about telling a fantastic story. It really cared about the setting, the mood and the lore of the world. It made you immerse into the tale and get to enjoy playing as Alaster and Mors, despite all their vices and failures. And in the end. that's what really counts. No multiplayer, no auction house, but a great story that I can't wait to see unfold. In that, GOT succeeds. Still could live with a better camera, less clunky interface or shinier graphics, though :-) Expand
  24. Jun 13, 2012
    I have to apologize for my earlier harsh review and a rating of "4" for The Game Of Thrones RPG. This game has many flaws that makes you wish you've never bought it (especially during the first 3-4 hours of play), but it also has a terrific story, which gets better and better with each chapter and makes you turn a blind eye to many of the game's problems.

The graphics look out-dated

The graphics look out-dated (though there are many places in Westeros, that I truly enjoyed visiting), but it's acceptable for an RPG game not to be an eye-candy. There are some _minor_ lagging issues, but other than that - the game's performance is great and there are no crashes whatsoever (hello there, Max Payne 3, I'm still waiting for the next patch;). The combat system is weak, but tolerable. What is truly disappointing is the size of the levels, there is little to explore in the game, even with Alester's R'hllor abilities. The side quests are sadly scarce. But you know what? The story still keeps the game worth playing!
  25. Jun 4, 2012
    This game surprised me.. in a good way. I really didn't expect to find a good game design and interesting writing in it, but as it turned out .. I did.

The characters are complex, the dialog is good, and the plot interesting. The only problem (s) is the technical part. The game is not optimized, is clunky, animations could use improvement, it needed 3 more months imo to be a 9 product. But I am grateful for it as it is.

I recommend picking it up for 20 bucks, 35 if you're a fan of the series.
  26. May 16, 2012
    I think people may forget that story is the point in this game, and that is quite good. I do agree there are very bad textures and animations but it's a good game. Hopefully they will release a directors cut edition with better textures.
  27. May 16, 2012
    This game have many little defect, graphics and animation are not awesome, sometime there is issues with the camera ... But I loved this game, the story is just awesome and it was real pleasure to play it. And the most important, you can play a Water Dancer.
  28. May 17, 2012
    Game runs like a dog on a high end machine (runs skyrim maxed) while having pretty poor graphics. The controls are nonsensical. You spend more time listening to dialog which has no point then actually doing anything. The stats system is awkward. Combat is weird and hard to control. I think I spent more time looking at loading screens then actually doing anything. When I wasn't lookingGame runs like a dog on a high end machine (runs skyrim maxed) while having pretty poor graphics. The controls are nonsensical. You spend more time listening to dialog which has no point then actually doing anything. The stats system is awkward. Combat is weird and hard to control. I think I spent more time looking at loading screens then actually doing anything. When I wasn't looking at a loading screen, I was listening to a character preach on about things that have no bearing on the story.

The "tutorial" is awkward, explains nothing, and comes AFTER you've built your character. "I don't know if I want short swords or long swords, I don't know the difference yet.". Building a character starts with a base class - and the three base classes they give you leave a lot to be desired.

Your character is already defined for you in terms of story and personality, so, it's hard to actually feel involved in any way. It's more like you're walking a character between movie segments then actually participating in the world.

Combat is slow, tedious, and primarily involves waiting while occasionally clicking on a skill. There is no actual skill involved. Movement is slow, and fairly painful. The graphics are pretty terrible. Everything is grainy, low resolution, and the characters move like statues. I wouldn't mind poor graphics by themselves, but combined with the absolutely abysmal performance, it's just painful. Either give me good graphics or good performance (preferably both). Giving me neither just doesn't cut it.

Controls are non-nonsensical, and you're given the controls slowly and painfully with huge game interrupting dialogs. Fights with multiple people are difficult. The controls are just sloppy, and unpredictable. For some strange reason, the developers felt a need to put in "Click to proceed" screens pretty much everywhere it was possible for them to. It's ridiculous. The game was a total disappointment. I can see why they didn't release a demo - if they had, no one would have bought it. It's most certainly not worth 50$. It might be worth 7$, but that could be a stretch.
  29. Dec 8, 2012
    This is probably one of the most unfairly criticized games I've ever played. Right off the back, don't expect an AAA platinium hit whatever you want to call it modern action RPG. This game isn't perfect by any means. That being said, it is still a very SOLID rpg, with combat that is very reminiscent of what I experienced in Knights of the Old Republic. The character progression isThis is probably one of the most unfairly criticized games I've ever played. Right off the back, don't expect an AAA platinium hit whatever you want to call it modern action RPG. This game isn't perfect by any means. That being said, it is still a very SOLID rpg, with combat that is very reminiscent of what I experienced in Knights of the Old Republic. The character progression is surprisingly good, and they stay true to the source material. I'm a huge ASOIAF fan and it is evident that te people who made this are too. The only reason why this game is rated so low is because kiddies who play Skyrim and Call of Duty or whatever are judging it on it's graphics and strategy-oriented gameplay. This is...a very decent game. Not perfect, not a 10/10 hidden gem like Demon's Souls was when it first came out, but it is far from deserving a negative review. Expand
  30. May 20, 2012
    There are certainly issues with the game that show it was rushed. The controls are a bit clunky, the graphics are a tad outdated, and the combat is boring and repetitive. But the story IS very good, the game captures the atmosphere of the books and the tv show, and the characters introduced in the game are memorable. I'd say this game is worth a play if you are a fan of the books and/orThere are certainly issues with the game that show it was rushed. The controls are a bit clunky, the graphics are a tad outdated, and the combat is boring and repetitive. But the story IS very good, the game captures the atmosphere of the books and the tv show, and the characters introduced in the game are memorable. I'd say this game is worth a play if you are a fan of the books and/or the tv show, but not if you aren't... Expand

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Aug 31, 2012
    Fans of the books and the series will be thrilled, as all the classic features are here: multi-faceted characters, schemes, betrayals, incest, twists and genuine anti-heroes that seek redemption desperately, but in vain. [July 2012]
  2. Jul 28, 2012
    If not for its poor technical execution, Game of Thrones would have taken its rightful place in the 80+ range.
  3. Jul 12, 2012
    Far from the RPG that Game of Thrones deserves, but still better than its components have the right to be. [Sept 2012, p.58]