6.4

1. MTR
    Jun 15, 2011
    Pesimo control (ir en linea recta o saltar es dificil), simple sistema de combate (repetitivo hasta la saciedad), problemas grabes con la camara (no la controlas y ella sola se ma moviendo), intento de hacer QTE (esta gente no ha jugado a 1 juego con QTE), ... Es el tipico juego que dudas de que los mismos desarrolladores se lo hayan pasado.
  2. May 26, 2011
    The game plays well for me so I have no issues with the gameplay, however, the camera angles are sometimes ridiculous and I'm currently at on point where I cannot progress any further in the game as I cannot see where I am supposed to be jumping too due to the camera angle.

The game has had updates but the response from the devs is poor, I asked one question regarding a changelog as the
    game was being updated but I had no idea what was being changed and to date I have had no reply to that request, this is my first and last game bought from this dev.

It's a shame as the game could be great with a few camera tweaks and a little more feedback from the devs but I refuse to support a game I cannot complete due to issues.
  3. May 11, 2011
    A long time player of Ubisoft games, it was immediately apparent not even minutes into the opening cutscene that this game is a blatant ripoff of Prince of Persia. (I've also played God of War, but saw no similarities with this game) Garshasp (the protagonist) looks EXACTLY like the Prince, and combat, movement, graphics - everything looks like Prince of Persia, allbeit with a different scale, lower quality graphics, and a poorer engine. The skybox was nonexistant, and the sound was bad both in quality and choice. It was painful to listen to.

Combat was absurdly easy and simplistic to the point of being boring, and the graphics just caused the game to be an eyesore. It straddles this awkward line of being more advanced than a 2d platformer, but so unpolished and simplistic that it became ugly. Aliasing was a HUGE issue, and movement felt clunky. There were several times I would be attacking an enemy as it approached, only to end up ON TOP of the enemy - LITERALLY standing on its head.

Understandably, it's from an Iranian indie studio, which carries its own set of connotations, however they could've really stood to do some further playtesting to iron out small (but annoying and longstanding) bugs and to improve game balance to provide something more challenging and fun to play. AND SOMETHING MORE ORIGINAL PLEASE.

It loses most of its points for me strictly for being an obvious ripoff of Ubisoft games that predate it, and loses the rest of the points for general lack of polish. This FEELS like it's from an indie studio, unlike other indie games that are very polished, beautiful, and fun to play. Instead of inventing their own "gimmicks" to draw players, they rely on ones created by other companies, which entirely ruins the game for me.
  4. Aug 26, 2011
    It's Prince of Persia but with a rustic old guy with angsty issues. I'm sorry but even if their Indie games and the game looks good the fact it's an extremely similar storyline and mechanics to PoP is saddening that a indie company couldn't strike out to make their own niche in the gaming industry.
  5. Aug 23, 2012
    Garshasp the monster slayer feels extremely dated and does not deliver what you come to expect from a fighting/adventure game. The visuals are outdated, the camera get annoying, the fighting feels shallow and unresponsive and the games has some bugs. Overall the game feels outdated and though it could have been good a couple of years ago it just doesnt feel up to todays standards. I would only recommend this title to those who really love the genre and are looking for something new to try out for a cheap buck. Expand
  6. Aug 2, 2013
    The game is very awful. Controls are really bad, graphic quality is a shame and there are a lot of mini-lag everywhere. Sometimes the game goes really slow and with that poor graphic isn't a great thing. The game is not too bad in the first minutes but it loses all the appeal after 10 minutes... really annoying.

If it weren't for technical issues, such as the troubled controls and occassional coughs from the graphical engine, Garshasp could have been a decent copy of games like God of War, which we rarely see on the PC. But the game is filled with beginners mistake, and feels like a developer's first attempt at making a game, which is exactly what it is.
  2. Jul 29, 2011
    Garshasp: The Monster Slayer has nothing to keep you playing for hours. The camera sucks, the fights are boring and there is not enough story.
  3. Jul 14, 2011
    Garshasp falls short of genre standards in nearly every way, and its shortcomings are too numerous to compensate for. [Sept 2011, p.75]