Gettysburg: Armored Warfare PC

2.4

1. May 19, 2012
    It has some interesting concepts, but unfortunately seems to have been pushed into release too early. The developer/player interaction in the Steam forums for the game is great, however. Had the developer been given more time he probably could have released a solid game.
  2. Apr 4, 2012
    This is not a blockbuster, even by indie standarts. But once the dev fixes the bugs and adds map editor, it will be pretty sweet game. Too bad that by buying this now, you pay the full price for an unfinished game, and when it will be patched, it will already be on a huge sale, so i suggest you wait until then.
  3. Mar 28, 2012
    When I first saw this game I was intrigued. And now that it is out I am both impressed and underwhelmed. The gameplay is decent and the switch between commander and soldier mode works well. And all in all the gameplay is decent. But the game is bogged down by many bugs and crashes and a poor UI. I just think it would have been good for them to wait before releasing and do a public betaWhen I first saw this game I was intrigued. And now that it is out I am both impressed and underwhelmed. The gameplay is decent and the switch between commander and soldier mode works well. And all in all the gameplay is decent. But the game is bogged down by many bugs and crashes and a poor UI. I just think it would have been good for them to wait before releasing and do a public beta or something. I would suggest waiting a week before buying so it will be more finished. Expand
  4. Jun 19, 2013
    Played this after being awake for about 30 hours during a lan-party, I haven't laughed so much in a long time. It's complete nothing seems to work as intended, but if you are drunk or extremely tired it can be really funny, for a few minutes.

1. May 11, 2012
    Tremendously ambitious but agonisingly incomplete. Its battlefield is buggy and crude, and its RTS credibility is MIA. [June 2012, p.96]
  2. Apr 23, 2012
    Paradox Interactive still cannot produce a decent third-party game (see also: Majesty 2, Sword of the Stars 2, Magicka).
  3. Apr 14, 2012
    We can't imagine that developers actually hate gamers, but after having played Gettysburg, we're starting to doubt that. It's ugly, not user-friendly and simply unfinished: these are just a few of the things that make this a horrible game.