2.3

1. Mar 28, 2012
    I was hyped for this game, and I was disappointed by the graphics and animations. BUT, this is not a reason to dislike the game. The battles are intense and diverse, and rely on TACTICS rather than run and gun reliance. Having said that, the gunplay is actually very good and vehicles (despite some animation glitches) are vital to your success.

There are many different units available for
    you to play as, and I personally have found Deathmatch mode to be highly entertaining. The rank and stat progression are nice, but don't buy this game if you're a unlock-whore, as there are no unlocks. The formula for fun is something that hasn't been seen in a game for quite a while, as the focus is upon gameplay rather than making the graphics as shiny as possible. I shall certainly be playing this game much, much more. Servers are always populated, and the potential mods that shall appear will far surpass £8 that I paid for it. Also, the dev(s) are always listening to users on their forums and there looks to be a LOT of fixs coming up in the future.

Overall, you can't really do much better for a FUN game at £8. Just don't let your graphics expectations to over-ride the purpose of this game. Open your minds, gentlemen, to this blast from the past. (excuse the pun.)
  2. Mar 28, 2012
    When I first saw this game I was intrigued. And now that it is out I am both impressed and underwhelmed. The gameplay is decent and the switch between commander and soldier mode works well. And all in all the gameplay is decent. But the game is bogged down by many bugs and crashes and a poor UI. I just think it would have been good for them to wait before releasing and do a public beta or something. I would suggest waiting a week before buying so it will be more finished. Expand
  3. Apr 4, 2012
    This is not a blockbuster, even by indie standarts. But once the dev fixes the bugs and adds map editor, it will be pretty sweet game. Too bad that by buying this now, you pay the full price for an unfinished game, and when it will be patched, it will already be on a huge sale, so i suggest you wait until then.
  4. May 19, 2012
    It has some interesting concepts, but unfortunately seems to have been pushed into release too early. The developer/player interaction in the Steam forums for the game is great, however. Had the developer been given more time he probably could have released a solid game.
  5. Jun 19, 2013
    Played this after being awake for about 30 hours during a lan-party, I haven't laughed so much in a long time. It's complete nothing seems to work as intended, but if you are drunk or extremely tired it can be really funny, for a few minutes.
  6. Nov 14, 2012
    So much promise and potential in this from a developer with talent. Sadly ruined by a greedy developer pushing early release and then ending support after a little while.
  7. Mar 28, 2012
    Gettysburg, armored warfare. This is a classic example of a game with good ideas, unique gameplay(combining RTS and FPS) that was ruined by a massive amount of glitches and bugs, clumsy controls and a non-existent tutorial. Even though the game has a low price tag, it does not make up for the fact that this product is uncompleted. If we, the players, allow this game to get a pass because of the low price, that means other indie developers will begin to produce and release uncompleted games.

In the current state, I recommend that you stay away from this game until the bugs have been fixed.

So, if you still want to buy it even though I warned you, here are somethings you can expect: Laggy multiplayer, clumsy fps controls, no tutorial whatsoever, game crashing almost 90% of the times, graphical glitches such as the sky disappearing or invisible weapons ect.
    My computer gets a 150 fps on this game, yet it crashes all the time. I have been trying this game out on two computers, both get the same problems.
    This game is unfinished! Uncompleted! Stay away from it.

Last words:
    I am shocked that other reviewers here have given the game a positive score! Upon checking their accounts I see that some of them only have rated and reviewed this game. Which I believe is the developer or publishers accounts trying to get people to buy this game.

The developer promises on the steam forums that he will patch this game and make it much better by removing the glitches and the bugs. So this review is only for the current state of the game.
    It might get better after a few patches.
    But for the time being , I give this game a 3/10.
  8. Mar 27, 2012
    Good intentions... Bad Glitches. No spawn menu I found that clicking on units in my teams spawn was the only way to spawn. I really hope there are updates for this game i think it could be awesome even the 3rd person.. for those of you who hate third person stop playing gears of war... sorry had to say it to many people in the server trashing 3rd person and saying they where gonna play gears of war its 3rd person too. Expand
  9. Mar 31, 2012
    Buyer Beware!! Buggy, unfinished, crashes all the time, poor graphics, no tutorial. This really is one of th epoorest games i have been suckered into playing, it really is THAT bad.
    Yes its made by a one man team, yes its only £8.99 but its not worth it. No way on earth the one man dev team can EVER fix the huge amounts of bugs, glitches and crashes in this game.
  10. Apr 6, 2012
    This is quite possibly the worst game I have ever played. The developer even said "you get what you pay for", well, I beg to differ. I didn't pay for a pre-alpha game (as this one appears to be). It claims to be a strategy game with many features virtually nonexistent, the worst animations I've ever seen, and the worst server-side lag I've ever seen. The developer keeps making excuses for the endless flaws; this is a game you do not want to buy. The concept was brilliant, but the design and development was very sloppy. 1/10 for the concept. Expand
  11. Mar 30, 2012
    This game is rubbish. I consider myself a long time gamer. I have been around since the Commodor 64. Though it is rare that I see a game this bad. The game play is terrible, there is an abundance of glitches and quite frankly, the game is just plain boring. I'd recommend nobody support the publisher, or the developer by buying a copy of this. We honestly deserve better than this garbage. I am giving the game a 1. The only reason this game gets a 1 and not a 0 is that the game can actually be run. Horrible job and a large BOO to the person who developed this. Expand
  12. Mar 29, 2012
    Nothing could prepare me for how poor this game is in all aspects. I realise it was 9.99 on release and had 1 developer, but that to me is no excuse for a game so diabolically bad in aiming, movement, AI intelligence (most dont even fire at you, just run passed you under fire) and the RTS element was practically as basic as you can get. Maybe after a patch or 10 it will be playable but as of now, it should be avoided. I scored it 1/10 because for 1 Dev to make this must of taken some time so some credit is due. Expand
  13. Apr 10, 2012
    I have made a metacritic account, and asked Steam for a refund upon playing Gettysburg: Armored Warfare.

I am a huge fan of indie devs, and I uphold gameplay above all else. It is very rare that I would rate a game so poorly. Let's now get to the point:

Graphics- Gettysburg has pretty graphics in the screenshots, but this is a horrible HORRIBLE HOOOORIBAH misconception. Units become a
    pixelated 2d piece of garbage within close proximity, and you watch them walk by like little cardboard images. You also have to instantly stop, and enter a very ugly and unnatural motion of hoping over random fences that litter the countryside for no good reason. It feels as if the pretty graphics were merely a ploy to actually make me believe this game was a finished product.

Mechanics- The vehicles actually had me excited for a moment, especially when I saw there being artillery, zepplins, and boats...They are all diarreah. The zepplins drop a few black balls out of 2 of its sides, and it just looks anything but epic. Not only that, but ships basically do the same thing as well except they are in the ocean, whoop dee doo. Artillery is basically a tank that can't aim directly infront of it, shooting up at angles doesn't do you any good because you have no way to gauge where the shot is going if it the viewing distance is even high enough to see your projectiles. Movement feels unnatural, and slow...Not only that, but units undergo a random phase of becoming a ragdoll when killed, and the segway between moving unit and ragdoll is just laughable.

Replayability- Considering you will die from how bad this game is, there is hardly any replayability. Yes you can go online and try not bursting out laughing from the horrible gameplay and wretched balance...I mean really, the cavalry is the most stupid thing I have ever seen in my life, they swing in one direction like idiots, and you have to be 1 inch infront of something to hit it. Atleast when they die, the body flops around unnaturally. Also, there is no fun campaign mode...It is all just this big mess of AGH!!!

This game is an utter embarassment to the companies that have had technology associated with it. The only reason why this game has recieved a one, is because I don't want the people reading this to think it is someone over exaggerating and giving it a 0.

If I honestly did not get a refund for this game, I would have thrown a coniption fit.
  14. Jan 26, 2013
    Pros:

???

Cons:
    Skybox would not spawn
    Maps look horrible
    The animation is just horrible
    The bots sometimes die when they spawned

The list goes on and on!
  15. Mar 27, 2012
    Okay. I was looking forward to this game, I wasn't hyped up mind you, but I thought it looked cool. I realized it was made by 1 person, I realized it was 9.99, I realized the graphics weren't great...but I was COMPLETELY and UTTERLY unprepared for how bad this game is.

First, the graphics are fine, nice even. I even appreciate the steampunk vibe, pretty cool. The gameplay however? Awful.
    In DM you get a terrible over the shoulder view. The vehicles feel unresponsive and clunky, okay thats fine. Now try aiming, shooting, and moving...good luck. This game feels more like a computer science student's application demo to enter a Masters program.

The weapons are inaccurate...not the 1860 weapons, the 2060 weapons. The sniper rifle? You can't hit a person 5 ft in front of you. In addition, the "game" if you can even call it a game, is riddled with glitchy bugs, clipping issues, and collision problems. All i expected and all i wanted was a fun little game, a fun little finished game, a fun little finished game that had a tiny amount of polish.

As it stands, this game feels like rushed mod, or eeeeeearly alpha.
  16. Apr 4, 2012
    To be honest, I am really unhappy I wasted 10 bucks on this. It is seriously bad. There is no tutorial, you can jump straight into a match online or play offline practice. When you play offline, there are 2 modes. In one you get to construct an army with a point limit, each kind of unit worth different point values. When I spawned my army, they all died instantly. In the other mode units spawn automatically. Infantry are excruciatingly slow, cavalry are faster but have swords so are useless. Tanks kill everything. When you run over things (walls, trees) in a vehicle, they just disappear. And when i say run over things i mean when they come within 10 metres of the front of my tank. This game is full of glitches, isn't even slightly fun and is nigh unplayable. I hope to god people look at the reviews rather than just buying this game due to the cool premise and screenshots like I did. Expand
  17. May 15, 2012
    This is by far the worst garbage that I've seen that has ever been sold on Steam. The condition of the game at release was not even alpha-quality. Bug infested, with so much not working it was laughable. Even now, after a few patches it is still garbage, and the community has died. Nobody is playing it anymore.

Avoid radioactive software like the HIV-virus. Never buy anything from them
    ever again, and shame on the publisher for collaborating with Radioactive to push this trash on PC-gamers. At the very least it needed another year or more in testing before release.

The ONLY redemption is the soundtrack.
  18. May 30, 2012
    I used to believe no game deserved a 0...then i played Gettysburg. To Wood431, who gave this game an 8, and to the other person who gave this game a 7, hell to anyone who gave above a 0, SHAME. ON. YOU!

Wood431 must be the game creator's mother, and even she should be ashamed for encouraging her obviously brain dead son to continue to make crap like this.

This game is a disgrace. Wait,
    this isn't a game. Games are meant to be fun. Games can actually be played. This is a glitchy, poorly created, graphical demo. It's pathetic that Steam allowed this game on their platform, AND FOR 10$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To sum it up: This product is the biggest waste of 10$. You'd have more enjoyment giving a 10$ bill to a bum and watching him eat it.
  19. Jun 18, 2012
  20. Jan 24, 2014
    this is one of the warst games i ever played in my life, i thuoght it will be amazing, in the end i found out a unfinished,full of bugs game, the gameplay is terrible both in in is terrible try to be RTS amd FPS [or TPS i still not sure what it was], not matter what kind of gamer are you never, but never! buy this game

1. May 11, 2012
    Tremendously ambitious but agonisingly incomplete. Its battlefield is buggy and crude, and its RTS credibility is MIA. [June 2012, p.96]
  2. Apr 23, 2012
    Paradox Interactive still cannot produce a decent third-party game (see also: Majesty 2, Sword of the Stars 2, Magicka).
  3. Apr 14, 2012
    We can't imagine that developers actually hate gamers, but after having played Gettysburg, we're starting to doubt that. It's ugly, not user-friendly and simply unfinished: these are just a few of the things that make this a horrible game.