Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance PC

7.5

Feb 10, 2004
    Once you start playing this game, there's no way to get rid of it. You can't quit because a key doesn't seem to exist. You can't alt+tab ctrl+alt+del whatever your way to your desktop, all the ways are blocked AND you're completely trapped if you don't have a gamepad. WORST GAME EVER EVER EVER.
  2. EricG.
    Dec 6, 2003
    Worst game ever, this is a very poor port of a console game to the PC, in fact, I could not even get the game to work, after I attempted to reset the keys to a configuration that makes sense on a keyboard. The game might be playable with a controller, but not without one. I have not actually encountered another game in years that does not even use the mouse for menu navigation. A hint theWorst game ever, this is a very poor port of a console game to the PC, in fact, I could not even get the game to work, after I attempted to reset the keys to a configuration that makes sense on a keyboard. The game might be playable with a controller, but not without one. I have not actually encountered another game in years that does not even use the mouse for menu navigation. A hint the writers, when moving a game to the PC actaully rewrite it so it works on the PC there is a great diffrence between a console and a PC and this needs to be taken into account. I gave it a 1 since with a controller it might be fun to play, but if you do not have one avoid at all costs. Expand

1. Computer Games Magazine
    While Gladiator has excellent production values, its gameplay is fairly pedestrian compared to some console offerings. However, its style of gameplay is still fairly unique in the PC world, making it oddly compelling in very short bursts. [June 2004, p.80]
  2. Average graphics and sound with repetitive gameplay, and you’re left with a mediocre product. SOV has it's moments, but is otherwise uninspired.
  3. One of the slight problems I had with this game was the difficulty. At many points in this game the difficulty got to be very testing. At times it seems like you are being swarmed by enemies, and some parts may take a lot of practice to get through.