GOODGAME EMPIRE PC

2.0

1. Mar 21, 2015
    Absolutely terrible! This game is full of bugs, has severe lags disrupting game play several times every day, and drops your connection out of nowhere.
    Customer service is extremely poor. Their staff is rude to the customers accusing them of lying and attempting to cheat the system when they ask for things lost due to lags and bugs. There is no support on weekends, there have been several people who haven't gotten responses at all to tickets, and it averages a week to get a response. Even then, most often the expect proof they know we can not come up with. We do not screenshot our every move!

There is a HUGE gab between the paying customers and the average player. Paying customers can buy advantages that are impossible for the average person to defend against.

Players are leaving in droves. Do not waste your time on this one. You will be sorry and wanting your time back.

0/10 for GGE Empire.
  2. Mar 26, 2016
    Either you try to play the game for free and are gouing to be destroyed by most of the other players (because they invest money) or you have to invest $10/month, so you can survive. BUT even than, The game has so many bugs and in each update the game gets more and more bugs while the old ones get not solved. Hence, your paid Army or whatsoever disappears because of a bug or dies becauseEither you try to play the game for free and are gouing to be destroyed by most of the other players (because they invest money) or you have to invest $10/month, so you can survive. BUT even than, The game has so many bugs and in each update the game gets more and more bugs while the old ones get not solved. Hence, your paid Army or whatsoever disappears because of a bug or dies because you couldn't login in time....
    Trying to claim things back which have been lost because of a Bug might take several weeks or will never happen
  3. Apr 20, 2016
    I rate this game 0 and if I could rate it lower I would. While the game play is fun and most people I have met have been nice. The favoritism showed to the ruby whales is obscene. They are left to get away with a ton of multiple accounts which is clearly against the rules. Multi attacks and the biggest alliances bullying the smaller ones and the ones that don't spend a ton of money onI rate this game 0 and if I could rate it lower I would. While the game play is fun and most people I have met have been nice. The favoritism showed to the ruby whales is obscene. They are left to get away with a ton of multiple accounts which is clearly against the rules. Multi attacks and the biggest alliances bullying the smaller ones and the ones that don't spend a ton of money on rubies. All they care about is money. I would advise anyone looking just to play for fun to steer clear of this game. Until something is done about the big alliances that seem to take pleasure in burning out all the others. This new alliance tournament just gives them an even bigger license to do so. Expand
  4. May 30, 2016
    The game would be great if it wasn't total controlled by PAY-TO-WIN jerks who bully everyone else for fun. This is the type of game where if you don't spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to be the best, you are so vastly under-powered that you have 0% chance of winning an attack or defending yourself from an attack. There are entire alliance of 50-100 people who just BUY advantage andThe game would be great if it wasn't total controlled by PAY-TO-WIN jerks who bully everyone else for fun. This is the type of game where if you don't spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to be the best, you are so vastly under-powered that you have 0% chance of winning an attack or defending yourself from an attack. There are entire alliance of 50-100 people who just BUY advantage and ruin the game for everyone else. Expand
  5. Aug 7, 2016

Great ideas and graphics, don't mind the time this game takes but you need to mindlessly click too many times and it is P2W in the way the top players all spend money but it is possible to compete without money
  6. Oct 3, 2014
    An awesome game. Why did I rate it so low? The awesomeness is outweighed by the unprecedented greed of Goodgame Studios. Yes, "unprecedented" is unfair. GGS are not in the same league as Imelda Marcos... but just the fact I had to think of that comparison should tell you something.

One simple example is you click on an icon to upgrade a building. A few seconds later, the icon turns into a "fast upgrade" option. Another? When adding items to the build queue, if you try to add too many items a popup appears to purchase an additional slot... the purchase button appears in the exact same location as the add button. Basically, clicking one too many times will result in spending anywhere between 20c and $50. Any attempt to reverse an accidental purchases is denied.

The many events in the game overwhelmingly operate on the premise, "if you spend a large amount of money, you have a chance to win". Events often see players spending well over $100 in the first 24 hours to gain a massive advantage over other players.

The attitude of GGS support became apparent when I accidentally spent $5 worth of "rubies" upgrading a building which was completely useless... I'd actually meant to demolish it. I asked for the building upgrade to be stopped and my rubies refunded. Request denied. A few weeks later, I hovered over button to see what the ruby cost would be for that option... my touchpad registered a click. Rubies worth over $10 suddenly disappeared. I thought, "surely they'll refund THAT!". Nope. Support even told me exactly how many rubies had been spent and what they had been used for. They obviously closely track all in-game spending. They denied multiple requests to refund the expenditure.

Looking in to this subject, I found the Goodgame forums contain posts dating back years, simply asking for confirmation dialogs of large ruby expenditure... all requests are ignored. In fact, when I asked the support team about this, they claimed the lack of confirmation screens is to "keep the game smooth running and fast to operate"... yet, every single time you login, you have to spend around 15 seconds clearing the in-game popups which promote buying rubies.

GGS frequently introduce new features blatantly designed to increase revenue. Having a massive customer response as ambiguous as "DO NOT DO THIS!", has zero impact. GGS implements the feature. Server-wide embargoes on ruby purchases follow. A day or two later, GGS removes the feature. They are a literal corporate zombie. When dollars stop flowing, they pay attention. Otherwise, it's a case of ignoring the riff-raff.

GGS like to say you can "earn rubies in the game". It's true. Defeating 10 high level NPC's and finding 5 pieces of epic equipment can earn you 50 rubies... worth about 5c. Or to put it in another context, defeating those 10 NPCs could easily use 150 siege towers... and your 50 rubies would purchase 4 siege towers.

Finally... I'm still playing the game. It's fun. I'm amazed that a game so imbalanced on a rich vs. poor basis can remain enjoyable. GGS simply don't understand how much they are hobbling themselves by creating such bad will among their customers.
  7. Mar 1, 2013
    Good game in itself but the buying of 'rubies' is ridiculous as it creates a totally unfair game play I don't mind the designers a few dollars a month but this has a constant barrage of requests for more money also the players I met say they have multiple accounts (ignored by moderators) else they could not compete
  8. Dec 10, 2014
    There's a lot of money and effort being put into this game: the art and sound are sweet. But these aspects are totally swamped by design and monetization issues. The basic game design is nothing but grinding out levels and rewards. Every quest, every upgrade, every bonus, is nothing but requirements to grind more, to get rewards that are just percentage improvements in your ability toThere's a lot of money and effort being put into this game: the art and sound are sweet. But these aspects are totally swamped by design and monetization issues. The basic game design is nothing but grinding out levels and rewards. Every quest, every upgrade, every bonus, is nothing but requirements to grind more, to get rewards that are just percentage improvements in your ability to grind. It's Farmville with swords. And there is nothing original in the game design. It's a jumble of ripped off ideas, all very simple and repetitive. Click on attack, confirm about five times, then repeat dozens of times every day.

And every action is used as an excuse to lean on the player to buy in game money. I'm sure it gets worse the higher you go. Even in just five hours of playing the game begged me for money hundreds of times. It seems like the whole thing is an effort to find that one in a thousand mental defective who will spend hundreds of dollars. Then if they can't coerce you into spending money, the game tries to manipulate you into making this game the center of your attention by punishing you if you don't come back to collect taxes every six hours (!).

The programming is also weak. It gets sluggish even with the simplest things like scrolling. Basic stuff like scroll bars and check boxes are poorly reimplemented. The help system sucks.

The primary interface for this fantasy adventure is a windows dialog box where you adjust the sliders and check boxes then click OK. It could be a static HTML game and there would be no difference in the game play. I did not find a single example of what I would describe as true game play involving strategy or skill. Just follow the directions and clicky clicky click click.
  9. Oct 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME! EVER!

If you value your sanity and your wallet, do not play this game. Money wise, you're fine up until you hit level 50 or so, that's when every starts to go wrong. Most people above lvl 50 are either ruby buyers or those under the protection of ruby buyers. But that is not the worst of it.

The absolutely most despicable thing about this game are the people that play it. EVERY. SINGLE. BIG ALLIANCE is full of nothing but bullies who make you set up your stuff their way if you want to be a part of their alliance. I switched to a big alliance yesterday and when it was moving toward them telling me how to play my game, I firmly, but politely explained that I do not take kindly to dictatorship and that I had no problems leaving. The leader called me mouthy and "nicely" said "play my way or gtfo". You can't swear or even call someone an idiot in a message.

Not only that, but most of them follow a set of imaginary rules that new players couldn't possibly know about, such not attacking outposts. (Read my original comment and you'll see that story.) Many of them do not follows their own rules. One of my outposts was attacked yesterday by a player 20 lvls ahead of me. It had 160ish, attacking, not defending, ATTACKING soldiers in it and he sent over 1,200. I messaged him a couple of times and told him to "grow up" after he respond like a child. He then attacked BOTH of my other two outposts. At this point, I'm done with this ridiculous game.

There is absolutely no honor, dignity, or sportsmanship in this game. If you do anything, ANYTHING, that a strong player doesn't like, they will have no problem making sure you know about it... by burning your castles to the ground.

Obviously, those who spend real money on the game should have a slight advantage, but the way this game is set up, you will absolutely NOT get much passed lvl 50 if you don't spend money on it. There are constant pop-ups trying to get you to buy rubies for rewards and they don't have ANYWAY for free users to earn some stronger stuff like most games do.

I give this game 2 years before it ends up shutting down. My little area of the map has lost a lot of players and I know it's happening in the rest of it too. This is because of all that I mentioned above and in my original comment. At some point in the near future, there will pretty much only be lvl 70 players who sit around doing nothing because they can't win any battles against players their own strength. That will lead to a sharp decline in goodgame's income because no one will need to buy many rubies since they won't be doing much. I've seen it happen before and it's happening here. More proof, I've noticed in the last couple of months that they're pushing players even harder to buy rubies than they did when I started. If that's not evidence that Empire is already swirling the drain, I don't know what is.

I'm posting this on every review site for Empire I can find.
  10. Feb 28, 2014
    Don't fall for it! The game starts off as fun. Kinda laggy with crashes, but not bad. Where they get you is you are forced to buy Pixels or "Rubies" with REAL MONEY! If you dont, the high level people will just constantly rape your castle. The forums are a joke. The moderators delete any "non-flattering" posts. The tech support people never reply either.
    If there was a rating level worse
    If there was a rating level worse than 0 It would get that. DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME!
  11. Mar 16, 2015
    8 because I love the game because for me it's a good way of being social as I can't go on social media sites and I like having to think about should I attack this person or if I do will all hell rain on top of me from his/her alliance. The only 2 down sides is that when you send an attack you still have to wait for your army to come back afterwards and I'm not allowed to pay on online8 because I love the game because for me it's a good way of being social as I can't go on social media sites and I like having to think about should I attack this person or if I do will all hell rain on top of me from his/her alliance. The only 2 down sides is that when you send an attack you still have to wait for your army to come back afterwards and I'm not allowed to pay on online games and it's pretty hard to get rubies without paying. Expand
  12. rut
    Dec 6, 2014
    I played for one month spent 300,00 dollars made it to level 38. this game is all about money and big alliances the small people dont stand a chance. I dont mind to pay yo play but there are lots of politics I didnt get my moneys worth, BASICLLY ITS SUCKS
  13. Feb 16, 2014
    This game is useless to be played. If you join later than the release was, it is impossible to hop in without massive ammount of payment. I suggest you not to play it. It is a waste of time.
  14. May 27, 2014
    Horrible. Absolutely horrible. The ads suggest awesome strategy and stuff, when it's really a lame story, bad animation, a spy with a troll face, no control over the battles, not even a single player option. All people who gave this game a 3 or higher do not know what a good game should be like. Also, since when did robbers become barons? My advice: play a game like Rome; Total war, oneHorrible. Absolutely horrible. The ads suggest awesome strategy and stuff, when it's really a lame story, bad animation, a spy with a troll face, no control over the battles, not even a single player option. All people who gave this game a 3 or higher do not know what a good game should be like. Also, since when did robbers become barons? My advice: play a game like Rome; Total war, one that is actually worth your time. Expand
  15. Feb 16, 2014
    Sadly I know no browsergame that is that time wasting as this game. You are in an alliance with friends but you can't do a **** unless you started early in 2011, you MUST buy RUBIES to have progress and achieve a standing ground/defence. This game is clearly out of sense.
  16. May 4, 2015
    This game scored an easy 9 thumbs up. I have been a player since around 2013 2012 and this game is just great. Thous are the only words i can use to describe this great creation. Another game by GG Studios is Galaxy but i will talk about that one later. Some people say this is pay to win. That isn't really true. You do have to pay if you want to speed things up by a lot I'm a lv 24 movingThis game scored an easy 9 thumbs up. I have been a player since around 2013 2012 and this game is just great. Thous are the only words i can use to describe this great creation. Another game by GG Studios is Galaxy but i will talk about that one later. Some people say this is pay to win. That isn't really true. You do have to pay if you want to speed things up by a lot I'm a lv 24 moving on 25 and i never bought rubes. Also you can't play to win because you can't win the game just goes on and on never stopping always giving players a reason to play Expand
  17. Jun 12, 2016
    Been playing for 2 years and I have seen game balance go down the tubes. GGE only caters the players who buy now t hese days. All the tourneys are set so you can only buy the victory not earn it through hard play and skill. The non and low spenders are left out in the cold from tourneys and the good equipment. I am from the old school who believes that a game should be about earning theBeen playing for 2 years and I have seen game balance go down the tubes. GGE only caters the players who buy now t hese days. All the tourneys are set so you can only buy the victory not earn it through hard play and skill. The non and low spenders are left out in the cold from tourneys and the good equipment. I am from the old school who believes that a game should be about earning the win not buying the win. It could be a great game if they would address these issues but they refuse to. I don't think much of those who "Buy" the victory. Expand
  18. Jul 20, 2016
    Game is all about your wallet. From event ranking to best equipment, army, and so forward required your wallet. Its pay your way to be a good player. As you play you will notice all the pop up deal you can purchased to give yourself an advantage over other player. Its a never ending cycle of pay to win with each of the game feature update.
  19. Aug 13, 2016
    I would definetly recommend this game to anyone that loves games thats realistic, has Good Graphics, and awesome updates the only thing i woundn't recommend is THE CONSTANT RUBING OFFERS personaly i just ingnore all the offers for ruby buying. Theres way more to this game than buying well if your patient like me who is willing to wait 8 hours for constrution times theres also many niceI would definetly recommend this game to anyone that loves games thats realistic, has Good Graphics, and awesome updates the only thing i woundn't recommend is THE CONSTANT RUBING OFFERS personaly i just ingnore all the offers for ruby buying. Theres way more to this game than buying well if your patient like me who is willing to wait 8 hours for constrution times theres also many nice people who willing to give you answers to your questions or just have a simple chat with you from time to time.

Im what the average joe would call conpletly obbeses with goodgame empire i spend 12 hours a day just leveling up my castle and just chatng i even have 12 accounts. Goodgame studios even made it easier to get rubies just do events get pennies and rubies in return for your hard clicking and just keep on doubling until your just as strong as the top 20 people, yah sometimes you lose hundreds of soilders for not having enough food but it just teaches you to ration food and plan better next time this game is totaly awesome, fundemental, and gives you patience.

This is to all the haters out there.
  20. Mar 30, 2017
    I really like the game! It takes patience and is not fast-passed, but it is fun, requires some strategy, and lets you build friendships. I have heard the complaints about this game, and I am level 56, have one account, and I've not purchased rubies. The one complaint I do have with the game is the constant ruby offers, which I think should have a place next to the options at the bottom asI really like the game! It takes patience and is not fast-passed, but it is fun, requires some strategy, and lets you build friendships. I have heard the complaints about this game, and I am level 56, have one account, and I've not purchased rubies. The one complaint I do have with the game is the constant ruby offers, which I think should have a place next to the options at the bottom as a store of sorts, instead of being presented as pop-ups. All in all, the game has great visuals, good alliance and attacking mechanics, fun events, interesting territories, and is just an overall great experience. I would definitely recommend this to those who: want a more lax game that pays off with dedication, are fans of midevil and historical settings, and who like to use an alliance/team dynamic. Not for everybody, but still absolutely worth a try! Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Apr 8, 2015
    Some interesting ideas lie within Goodgame Empires. Running a kingdom, forming alliances, and conquering your enemies sounds like a recipe for success on paper. This however, is a recipe to bleed the pockets of anybody who plays – unless they have ridiculous patience.