8.8

1. Jul 1, 2012
    Say hello to one of the best games ever made. Graphics are offcourse not very good, but this game is quiet old. The gameplay is amazing, plus the fact that there are so manny cheats, which i love :3
    The story is probably the best. I havent skipped a single cutscene trough out the entire game. It made me **** in excitement to know what the next thing to do was. But it was a little bit repetitive sometimes i thought. The sound is veeeeeery good. The soundtracks from the radios fit prefectly. The voice acting is great and the sound from ALL the different veichels are awesome. Actually, what made this game for me was all the veichels i could drive, anything from different types of planes to helicopters, tanks, dirt bikes, bulldozer and bmx.

ROCKSTAR ROCKS
  2. Oct 16, 2010
    What I have to say is besides the mere tweaks, and small glitches, there just part of the fun to explore. This game should be used for players have have a really good computer, and shouldn't be judged if your computer sucks, and you haven't experienced the gameplay. This game is an awesome game. San Andreas deserves 10
  3. Jul 20, 2012
    What can i say? best of GTA series! Loved the awsome gameplay and online gameplay. I still play SA:MP cause there's thousands of great mods, roleplay,cops and robbers,RPG. EPIC!
  4. Dec 5, 2011
    Arguably the most complete game ever. There's so much stuff you can do in this game- and it isn't copy and paste. Great variety, huge map which has countryside, desert, LA, San Fransisco, Las Vegas. Over 110 story missions which are again very varied with lots of nice surprises. Good story too. The progression is paced perfectly, and the game offers so much. It feels like it's 10 differentArguably the most complete game ever. There's so much stuff you can do in this game- and it isn't copy and paste. Great variety, huge map which has countryside, desert, LA, San Fransisco, Las Vegas. Over 110 story missions which are again very varied with lots of nice surprises. Good story too. The progression is paced perfectly, and the game offers so much. It feels like it's 10 different games rolled into one. So much conetent, so much variety. Only downside: terrible graphics. Other than that, fantastic missions, lots of side missions, innovative collectibles for each area and very rewarding! Fun to play. A real sandbox. You are free to do whatever you want- and there's so many tools available, this really is open world action at its finest. The thing that stood out for me is by far the variety. You get a taste of everything that can possibly be offered. Ever played a game and wished there was a feature in it? Not this game. There's almost nothing you can't do in this game and that's just in free roam. Every single percentage of progress you make is different from the previous. No other game- even by end of 2011- can offer as much quantitiwise in open-world action, never mind the variety. Expand
  5. Mar 30, 2012
    Almost a decade on I played this again and honestly it is more fun than GTA 4 and the Saints Row series despite its age. An absolute blast, has aged well,
  6. Jun 30, 2011
    Vice City may be the best GTA game ever, but depending on your viewpoint, this game could easily oust Vice City as the title contender. Includes an all-star cast of voice actors such as Samuel L. Jackson and James Woods that makes it more than a memorable story. More modern graphics, plus the same great arcade style driving that makes the GTA series so fun; I prefer the driving physics ofVice City may be the best GTA game ever, but depending on your viewpoint, this game could easily oust Vice City as the title contender. Includes an all-star cast of voice actors such as Samuel L. Jackson and James Woods that makes it more than a memorable story. More modern graphics, plus the same great arcade style driving that makes the GTA series so fun; I prefer the driving physics of San Andreas over Vice City. A plethora of side missions means it never gets boring. You can't go wrong dedicating a few dollars to own this classic. Expand
  7. Feb 19, 2012
    This game was awesome, so many things to do to kill time, I would literally get lost sometimes. Not the best Graphics but it was bearable. Top story and gameplay though, I spent many, many hours in this one and so did all my friends.
  8. Aug 23, 2011
    An amazing game, vehicles are great, the voice acting is great, hell everything is great. This is the best GTA since there is a lot to do. You can go to the gym and get CJ (the guy you play as) to get stronger, run faster, etc. Go to fast food restaurants to eat food, arcade machines, dance club, (get a girlfriend, you get her in a mission) Go gambling, steal stuff from peoples houses goAn amazing game, vehicles are great, the voice acting is great, hell everything is great. This is the best GTA since there is a lot to do. You can go to the gym and get CJ (the guy you play as) to get stronger, run faster, etc. Go to fast food restaurants to eat food, arcade machines, dance club, (get a girlfriend, you get her in a mission) Go gambling, steal stuff from peoples houses go to the bar and play pool, get a tattoo, change your clothes, haircut, modify your car and make it look amazing with nitro, strip club, basketball, buy certain houses.

(Please note that you'll be able to do all this stuff as you make further progress in the game by doing missions, this will not be available when you start a new game.) Apart from that, the graphics aren't the best in the world but they're good enough. The missions are great too.
  9. Jul 11, 2011
    Very few console games make the pc operation perfectly. This was no different. Especially on my windows 7 (But a very powerful computer) the graphics took a bit of a whallop in terms of colour at times. That said, it really isn't a big problem. And its the only problem. I have remarkably few glitches and crashes (I only had 2 the first 20 odd hours I played). And now we get to what putsVery few console games make the pc operation perfectly. This was no different. Especially on my windows 7 (But a very powerful computer) the graphics took a bit of a whallop in terms of colour at times. That said, it really isn't a big problem. And its the only problem. I have remarkably few glitches and crashes (I only had 2 the first 20 odd hours I played). And now we get to what puts this above the console version in one powerful manner. Access to the modding community. There are so many mods for this game I will never get bored of it. From real life cars, to superman powers and even jurassic park the possibilities are endless. A great game made better by the presence and potential of button happy programmers. The original version will never be as good as the PS2 version, but beyond that the PC opens up whole other worlds for the gamer to explore. Expand
  10. Mar 10, 2012
    Ah, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. This game is somewhere in the single digits of my top 20 favorite games. This game, an open-world third person shooter, is very well-written and funny as hell (I could spend hours listening to the in-car radio listening to the great music and the hilarious advertisements.) The only thing keeping this game from a 10 from me is the graphics. As I haveAh, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. This game is somewhere in the single digits of my top 20 favorite games. This game, an open-world third person shooter, is very well-written and funny as hell (I could spend hours listening to the in-car radio listening to the great music and the hilarious advertisements.) The only thing keeping this game from a 10 from me is the graphics. As I have stated in a few of a previous reviews, I am not one to grade down on graphics. However, this game came out in 2005 for the PC, and graphics for this time were becoming more advanced, yet Rockstar did not update or upgrade their engine from the previous GTA3 release. However, this game's shooting and hand-to-hand combat mechanics are very well done for a third person shooter. In many other third person shooters, I often struggle with aiming and lining up shots. In San Andreas, however, the zoom makes it easier, and lining up a shot much less difficult. The part I liked the most, aside from the story line, was the RPG elements it offered. It is an ambitious system, for a game of its era, in my opinion. It allows customization of the character, CJ, in many different ways, such as clothing, muscle, fat, and weapon skills are upgraded as they are used. The game takes into account these things for how the game progresses. To conclude this, GTA: San Andreas is a very well-written, and story-driven game. Though the graphics are dated, it still makes for a great game that can be played for hours on end, and when its been played already, it still has a whole lot of replay value, to explore more, to choose a different path. Expand
  11. Dec 10, 2011
    """Some fixes for the PC version; frame rate limiter must be used for the traffic school and diving under water. Unsure why but turning that on lets you do these things. Steam forums is a good place to go for more fixes. Mouse sensitivity is a problem for some, I use a microsoft X5 mouse with adjustable dpi settings. This dpi setting changes is a must."""" Purchased for PC in Nov. 2011."""Some fixes for the PC version; frame rate limiter must be used for the traffic school and diving under water. Unsure why but turning that on lets you do these things. Steam forums is a good place to go for more fixes. Mouse sensitivity is a problem for some, I use a microsoft X5 mouse with adjustable dpi settings. This dpi setting changes is a must."""" Purchased for PC in Nov. 2011. The best part of this game is the story. It is smart and the characters don't 'seem' unrealistic meaning they obey what their characters are supposed to do. The map is HUGE and has many different environments. There are many missions to do and is for some reason you finished them too quickely theree are tons of extras to accomplish. The keyboard controls are remappable with limitations. You cannot adjust for driving and flying seprately. I find that San Andreas a great evolution from the 2 previous titles and GTA3 and Vice City were both excellant games. I find San Andreas more replayable though. The total variety of 'stuff' to do is fun if you wanna burn some free time with nonsense.

PC vs PS2: Being released in 2005 and made to run on the ps2 the graphics are dated. That being said on any modern computer, running the graphics on maximum, it is a night and day difference to play visually. It is actually pleasent to view the game now. The draw distance is incrased the the resolution is drastically better. Although there are no story line differences between pc and ps2 there is the ability to mod the game (personally unverified for V3.00). Playing on the keyboard is ok but the real plus for me is the free look with the mouse. In the ps2 one had to use the mini joystick to do free look and it was only ok. Although the flight controls are far worse on the computer.

I highly rate this game but took a point off for the controls. Although only manageable at first, after a few hours of game play I found most of the controls to be second nature.
  12. May 21, 2012
    Big cities, big cars, big guns, big time crime and big games. In good old USA there is a tradition of "criminals turned heroes". People who were just thieves, robbers, dealers, pimps, etc. turned into Rap stars, sheriffs and other national heroes. Start as a lowly ex gang member in Los Santos (in game equivalent of Los Angeles) trying to survive in a city dominated by gangs and corruptBig cities, big cars, big guns, big time crime and big games. In good old USA there is a tradition of "criminals turned heroes". People who were just thieves, robbers, dealers, pimps, etc. turned into Rap stars, sheriffs and other national heroes. Start as a lowly ex gang member in Los Santos (in game equivalent of Los Angeles) trying to survive in a city dominated by gangs and corrupt cops, and end up owning several luxury homes, being a "hero" for many people.

And this time you also have an in game life. Dining, visiting the Gym or a fast food parlor, dancing, etc. are part of the game universe. Just as riding a BMX, playing Pool or some classic arcade games. And if you like things big, you have 3 cities and many smaller villages to explore. Graphics are good for the age, size (including size of world), and varied enough. The soundtrack and effects are awesome. So it is a very good game.
  13. Nov 6, 2013
    Score: 9.5 10

Score: 9.5 10

The graphics are outdated, the physics suck, and some missions are super unfair (All we had to do was follow the damn train, CJ!). However, GTA San Andreas is still an amazing game. You have a crazy amount of things to do, from car customization to racing to vigilante/ambulance/firefighting missions. And of course, you can simply kill police, use cheat codes, or explore the massive map. The storyline is really really good, as well as the characters, and I actually want to do the missions in order to see what happens next. If you never played San Andreas before, you're missing out on a lot of fun.
  14. Jan 31, 2013
    el mejor juego de la serie grand theft auto sin dudas,y lo de los graficos se los puede mjorar con un enb series y listo,el juego perfecto,ademas que tambien es totalmente modificable
  15. Feb 14, 2013
    One of the greatest games ever made. Its an absolute blast to play, and theres so many things to do as well. The story is great, the acting its great, the graphics although are a bit dated now are still awesome, the soundtrack is great and the characters are funny as well. Awesome game.
  16. Mar 19, 2013
    This game is a man-made masterpiece! Beautiful scenery, lots of weapons, a very good story, lots of cars, variety, everything you need. The development of the game took advantage of every minute of developers to create such a good game. The multiplayer mode was also very cool and all. The GTA series is the best, if not all games are sure that the platform for the job.
  17. Jun 5, 2013
    GTA is a game I used to play when I was 13 years old. This game is the most pouplar game in the world and the reasons why I like this game are, I can play different things such as, shooting, racing, and if you follow the derictions in the game, you'd get more stars that means you would be able to do more things like driving or using new guns). you can also make money and buy things withGTA is a game I used to play when I was 13 years old. This game is the most pouplar game in the world and the reasons why I like this game are, I can play different things such as, shooting, racing, and if you follow the derictions in the game, you'd get more stars that means you would be able to do more things like driving or using new guns). you can also make money and buy things with it, you can be a taxi driver or a police man to make money. if you kill a person on the street you can take thier money if they have some. You can also use different codes for different items when I needed, Its like when I use the code of the item I want and then the item comes up. It's also a good way to get a feel for the different modes before jumping into ranked matches. The only thing I dont like on this game is 2 players cant play this game it has to be one player. Expand
  18. Jul 6, 2013
    GTA San Andreas is a masterpiece, I can easily say it is the best game I have ever played. If you have not played this game you must try it. Below I list why I would highly recommend this game.

Story: This game has a huge and interesting story with excellent voice acting from some famous actors It also has great humour and shocking plot twists. Music: The music selection is excellent

Music: The music selection is excellent with amazing music from all genres but specificity 90s gangster rap.

Gameplay: This is the biggest reason San Andreas is so highly rated, you will never get bored because the story missions never feel repetitive or boring and it includes a huge list of side activities which I cannot list in this review because their is just too much content in this game.
  19. Aug 16, 2010
    This game is sure to keep you busy for quite a while, especially if you are going for 100% completion. Even if you're not going for 100% completion it has a nice long story that will keep you playing until the end. It makes a lot of improvements from Vice City on things such as graphics, cars, and aiming. You won't want to miss out on this especially if you like Grand Theft Auto.
  20. Sep 24, 2010
    Having now played GTA 4 ,I can confirm san andreas was better for me, despite gta4 having amazing graphics and good multiplayer, san andreas is bigger badder and more fun.

Apart from the size which is huge (at least a third bigger than gta 4) it has more missions, tons more side missions ,a character that can improve himself, open areas to practice your driving ,and stunning locations.

The fun side of things involves riding your bmx and performing stunts to base jumping out of tall buildings,even driving a tank.
    The only downers are that the controls take a while to get used to as they are not as intuitive as other games, and some of the missions are next to impossible mainly due to poor explanation of what to do,the latter is not so bad as there are loads of tips on the net!
    If you buy it now it will be even better as all newer pcs will run it maxed out which looks good even today!
  21. Nov 17, 2011
    San Andreas was another great GTA game. The setting was more interesting than Liberty City to me... and included areas like Las Vegas (or Las Venturas, as it's in-game equivalent is called). It should have had more of the "sin" aspect in it that other GTAs have, especially considering the fact that Las Vegas/Las Venturas is in it, but it wasn't bad on the whole either in that department. ASan Andreas was another great GTA game. The setting was more interesting than Liberty City to me... and included areas like Las Vegas (or Las Venturas, as it's in-game equivalent is called). It should have had more of the "sin" aspect in it that other GTAs have, especially considering the fact that Las Vegas/Las Venturas is in it, but it wasn't bad on the whole either in that department. A couple particularly bothersome aspects of the game that should be improved upon in order to make it better would be to include better controller support, and make flying essentially anything much less frustrating. Maybe it's just the relatively pressure-sensitive joysticks on my Xbox 360 Controller for PC, but it seems like controlling any sort of aircraft is just VASTLY less frustrating and easier in the newer GTA games like GTAIV or Episodes from Liberty City. There is still room for improvement in these latter two games, but it's not as frustrating in these games as it is in San Andreas or Vice City by a LONG SHOT.

As much as I think this is an awesome game on the whole, I actually gave up on it due to the frustration of aircraft missions, and the lack of support for my 360 controller. I can't really blame Rockstar for not including these things considering the game's age, but yeah... it is what it is.

That said, I'll enthusiastically look forward to GTA V, and hope for a San Andreas remake in the future that will let us use our controllers, and make the flight system better in general. That said, I put a lot of time into the game, and it was good. I'd still recommend it to anyone who is interested and thinks the bad graphics and these occasional frustrations wouldn't hinder their enjoyment of the game.

Otherwise, you might be better off getting GTAIV and GTA: Episodes from Liberty City instead due to the better controller support, graphics, etc.
  22. Jan 16, 2011
    WARNING DO NOT buy this off steam they are con artists if this game gets an error and u have to re install theres no point it wont work again but good game sorta
  23. Sep 2, 2014
    Easily the best game I've ever played. It has everything you want, the storyline, the open world, the graphics. It was and will be the best game I've ever played.
  24. Jul 19, 2012
    Brilliant game. Frustrating to say the least, but its sheer size and complexity, and not to mention its freedom, make this game hugely deserved of a ten out of ten rating.
  25. Jul 25, 2012
    Without a doubt the best GTA-game to date. The large island of San Andreas is huge and contains three very large and detailed cities. The nature of world is also very varied, with mountains in the west, desert in the north and hilly grassland in the south.
    Between the three large cities of Las Venturas, Los Santos and San Fierro you have a pretty large amount of small towns, lakes, railroads and much much more. Combine the huge world with a seemingly unlimited amount of side missions and activities and a very well written story and you get a extremely entertaining game.

This is one of my all-time favorite games and is still in my opinion Rockstars greatest title to date.
  26. Jun 27, 2011
    This is the funnest GTA game in the series. If you complain about the graphics, you are stupid. San Andreas was made in 2004, not in 2011. And besides, the graphics is what makes San Andreas... San Andreas!! The game is really fun until you get stuck on the hard flying missions. On Steam, I've played the game for 70 hours!!
  27. Jul 2, 2011
    I have always thought that PC games are best this game did not change my mind. I always look forward to conversions. Classic game thought it was bad a** when it came to be on steam.
  28. Jan 11, 2012
    The Best GTA game so far i play it a lot just like i did with GTA:IV but if u make GTA:S.A with GTA:IV graphics and physix then GTA SA is a better and biger game :D
    and u can play it online with one online mod making it better than GTA:IV multiplayer :D
  29. Apr 15, 2013
    Epic game. It made my childhood epic, like all the other GTA games. I hope GTA V will be as good as this game, and I hope rockstar will do a good job on porting it to pc and allowing people to edit it and stuff, just like in the gta's for pc.

ROCKSTAR ROCKS
  30. Dec 30, 2011
    The multi-player, mods and all that stuff are freakin' awesome!! And if you have this game on Steam, you'll need to downgrade it to v1 in order to play MTA/SA:MP and mods!

1. Kudos to Rockstar for actually including gamepad support for the PC!!
  2. It will surely take up hundreds of hours to even the most casual of gamers.
  3. It is the perfect crime game.