6.6

1. Jul 16, 2012
    this game is crap, gratuitous space battle was best ... ! there is the tower defense better than him
    (sorry for the mistakes I'm not very strong in English)
  2. Oct 3, 2012
    Pricing at the same as Torchlight1+2 combined is ludicrous. I mean the game is alright, it's your default tower defense game with inferior graphics. You get literally thousands of those for free on any flashsite. Would consider trying it yourself on a sale. But don't spend more than 5 bucks on this.
  3. Jun 19, 2012
    There is no excuse to release a game with such a poor interface. Sure, the gameplay might be there, but in the heat of the battle there is no time for scrolling through the units and looking at obscure tooltips. The graphics are crappy, the interface is a pain, and there are much better games out there. Why bother?
  4. Aug 2, 2012
    Lets take it step by step:

Interface: Shoddy bland and boring. Gameplay: Basic flash tower defence with an option to play as an "attacker" which is even less enjoyable. Unlocks: RNG. Worst idea ever. Especially after GSB and its fairly cool system of currency and unlocks. Items: Lazy and uninspired. "Laser I, Laser II, Laser III Laser IV" and so on. Generally
    Lets take it step by step:

Interface:

Shoddy bland and boring.

Gameplay:

Unlocks:

Items:

Lazy and uninspired. "Laser I, Laser II, Laser III Laser IV" and so on. Generally customisation is wildly gimped if you compare it to GSB... Although according to the developer himself this game here isn't a sequel...

Which brings me to the thought that for 15 quid nominal price this fairly basic flash game, with customisable maps and somewhat customisable units, is more of a joke (at our expense) than a ripoff :)

Thus the score.
  5. Aug 29, 2013
    I really wanted to enjoy this Tower Defense game, as I'm a fan of the genre. It seemed so cool to design my own units, blending a bit of RPG into the mix. However, the interface of this game doesn't really help the player it feels like a spreadsheet with some buttons attached. I also really disliked the way the tutorial text pops up, the way it's done feels like a wall of text that'sI really wanted to enjoy this Tower Defense game, as I'm a fan of the genre. It seemed so cool to design my own units, blending a bit of RPG into the mix. However, the interface of this game doesn't really help the player it feels like a spreadsheet with some buttons attached. I also really disliked the way the tutorial text pops up, the way it's done feels like a wall of text that's thrown into my face. And just like in Gratuitous Space Battles, it's impossible to get data on what units you're up against, so you have to rely on guesswork often instead of strategy. Given these limitations, I didn't feel compelled to play on, especially since there are so many other tower defense games to try. This one failed for me, I'm sorry to say. Expand
  6. Nov 18, 2013
    This 0 rating review exists solely for the purpose of counteracting the fake review posted by Cliff Harris of Positech games. The specific user account being: "patrick_hamblet". Please check this profile if you desire confirmation of this, (time of writing 18th November 2013). When it comes to the making of money, Cliff Harris is as bad as any corporate giant such as Electronic Arts orThis 0 rating review exists solely for the purpose of counteracting the fake review posted by Cliff Harris of Positech games. The specific user account being: "patrick_hamblet". Please check this profile if you desire confirmation of this, (time of writing 18th November 2013). When it comes to the making of money, Cliff Harris is as bad as any corporate giant such as Electronic Arts or Activision. His lack of moral fiber is clearly shown in his efforts to deceive the potential customer into buying his games. Expand

1. Jul 31, 2012
    As a singleplayer campaign, Gratuitous Tank Battles is a glancing hit, but it still offers a deep and intricate take on tower defence. [Aug 2012, p.59]
    This tower defense / tower attack combo is an above average title for its genre. It would be a perfect fit for tablets. PC controls make it almost too easy. [July 2012]
  3. Jul 14, 2012
    Its excellent customisation and clever AI makes for one of the best tower defence games around. [Aug 2012, p.104]