7.0

1. Mar 1, 2012
    For you people that love turn based games and having to do everything with the use of the mouse, this game is up your alley! However, I am one with very little patience, and using the mouse for everything is annoying. The worst part of the game is that it forces you into a strategy that you don't always want. It does have some nice dynamics, but overall, it's kinda boring. You sit there and wait for your turn, try to play a chess move, and then watch your land crumble underneath you.

The tutorial is "okay," but it really doesn't give you any direction. Basically it says, "Do this." And after some goofing around, you realize that you have to play the match to get what you need. It doesn't bother to limit your actions to optimized moves (basically teaching you PROPER MECHANICS). The music is, "eh" at best. It's from the 40's/50's and makes you wonder what is going on.

Now if you excuse me, I'm off to play Risk for several days and ruin relationships in the process.
  2. Aug 4, 2011
    Light strategy. Fun, fast, and not complex at all.
    The drawback of this light strategic application is that it will keep you playing for only so long (i played 6 hours).
  3. Dec 6, 2011
    The design and story are the game's shining points, sadly, because I was hoping for a more involved strategy game. And don't take me lightly when I say it is basic, there is one attack unit type, one unit-carrier, and one builder. It claims lands one per turn which can build an armory for the one attacker type, or a resource gatherer. That's it. The resource gatherers sink the ground and you gotta be the last one alive via stacking resources for cannonfire or attack unit invasion. It gets old really fast. I didn't want it to. I loved the art style and varied factions, most will argue that I'm expecting too much. I just find this level of "strategy" to be primative, even by tower defense or indie "braid" puzzler standards. Expand
  4. Jan 28, 2011
    even though I do not think this game is for everyone, I do enjoy this game very much. I have been playing through the campaign and think its very fun.(while it does not have a story....) Look at some game play videos, play it with a friend who has it or find a way to see if this game is worth it. I paid $5 and think it is worth the $10 price tag. If you like turn based strategies then you should give this one a chance. Expand
  5. Oct 7, 2013
    Very challenging and original little strategy game. It might look simple on the outside but once you've played a few rounds you'll start seeing that it's quite strategic and that you'll have to think your moves out before doing them to be able to win.
  6. Jan 8, 2011
    This is one of those games that subscribes to the old saying, "Easy to learn, impossible to master." By using a few simple game mechanics, Greed Corp creates a continually deteriorating world where you have to destroy your future to ensure any future at all.

It is challenging and engaging, and the structure of the maps really does require that different tactics be applied to ensure
    victory. The music and sound effects are appropriate, and the artwork has a whimsical character that helps make the game enjoyable.

Given the lack of depth, Greed Corp shouldn't command a high price. I feel that a $5 price point is perfect. I have had some issues with crashes, and this is an issue that other players have reported as well. Because of this I have knocked down the score a notch to a 7; otherwise, it would have a solid 8.
  7. Jan 27, 2011
    An absolutely brilliant turn based strategy game. Very original as well. There are some great tactical elements to this game. Something I think is really good about this game is that you can search / join a queue to play on-line competitive and while it is doing this play the campaign. It will tell you when there are enough players and you can begin; when you do so it saves your campaign game where it is. This is brilliant, no more waiting around for on-line matches. The graphics are excellent, quirky and pretty cute. I am really enjoying this title and I can see there are miles of gameplay ahead. My expectation is that I will be playing this game for years to come. Excellent and well worth the money. Expand
  8. Jan 27, 2012
    Greed Corp takes an original premise and stretches it a bit thin. Weighing the risk of losing the ground beneath your feet to gain more resources is novel and the ability to mine your opposition to death is entertaining, but the game rules needed a few more variables to keep things interesting. The campaign is not helped by a lack of strategic options and a threadbare and nonsensical story, but there is still fun to be had in short sessions. Expand
  9. Dec 23, 2011
    A simple turn based strategy game, this game got a bit to boring for me to handle. I usually enjoy a good strategy game but between the lack of units in the game, the old-timey music that played constantly, and the overall just boredom I experienced while trying to get the achievement for this game, I don't care to ever play it again. Yes there are many things in here that are different and I can definitely see how people would like this game. But, for myself, this game was just too simple and boring to keep my attention whatsoever. Take heed if your going to buy this game since its definitely not for everyone. Collapse
  10. Jan 8, 2011
    A quirky, inventive strategy game that manages to stand out from the usual Strategy routine. Its simplicity and streamlined mechanics are akin to Chess, which is simultaneously what appeals and limits it. The nature of a constantly disintegrating game world is a powerful image that makes the game one you'll remember.
  11. Jan 27, 2011
    An amazing turn based strategy that uses a few very simple techniques but is very challenging. The learning curve is quite steep but it's a fun game none the less. It's got a good system and you'll soon be thinking up different strategies whether it's going for minerals and cannons or just outmassing your opponents. The game is very engaging. The battles are short but filled with strategy and you have to keep on your toes to win. I enjoyed the charm it had, too, and the subtle comedy factor in the characters. Expand
  12. Nov 15, 2013
    Quite a fun little "board game" strategy title, ideally designed for a quick strategic fix and the gaming is well balanced. Recommended pick up if you can get it at a low price.
  13. Mar 12, 2012
    Greed Corp is a turn-based strategy game, based on controlling territory then destroying it for fun and profit. The rules of the game are pretty simple, but the strategy remains deep. That alone makes this game worth considering for strategy fans. I really have no issues with how the game works mechanically. The story's uninteresting and unimportant. I usually ended up turning the music and sound off; they don't add much. The graphics look pretty good, with one complaint: it's very hard to tell which building does what from appearance alone, which is sometimes problematic.

Fans of slower strategy games should look at picking this one up. There seems to be lots of support for online play, if you're in to that. The biggest issue I would worry about is that there aren't any extra play modes, and there's no difference in the factions, so you may not get much milage out of the game if you find the battles boring. $10 may be a little much, but it's worth getting if you find it cheap.
  14. Aug 21, 2012
    The game is extremely easy to learn, very pretty, and has a pleasant 1900's soundtrack. The game might be easy to learn, but the AI will find every way to screw you over. Even on beginner the AI will find ways to beat you, so the game takes much more strategy than normal game battles. The harvesting feature is very fun and can be used in many ways, offensively, defensively, or for some extra income. The game is simple, and doesn't have that much to do, which can be a con or pro. The game also forces you through the campaign to get more maps. Some people will like this, but I hate campaign. Overall, a great deal for 10$ and a breath of fresh air from the complexity of the Civilization games. Expand
  15. Dec 11, 2012
    Hex grid turn based strategy game where you destroy terrain to gain resources. The single player campaign can be frustrating because there is no mid-mission saving. The AIs will always either: gang up on you and destroy the terrain under your bases or turtle in a corner for 20 turns and then snipe you from across the map. I haven't tried online but I'm sure they are even more prone to boring, exploitative tactics. If you enjoy strategy games this might be a nice change of pace. However there isn't much depth to it and has very little replay value apart from MP. Expand
  16. Aug 7, 2013
    Fun little indy game where you get many ideas for strategies and as you go up in the campaign you find that the game only gets harder because they shorten the time you have to make decisions. Unfortunatly you can't undo a descision like in Hero Achademy so if you do a mistake, you are stuck with it, even if it isn't the end of your turn.

Fun for a little while, but soon enough you find
    yourself getting bored, though it is interesting reading the stories sometimes. Expand
  17. Dec 31, 2013
    A nice turn based game with good graphics and apt title. If you want to defeat your enemies you have to destroy the very land you are standing on. The strategic side, while revolving around only one unit and three buildings, depends heavily on the map your are playing. The AI is decent.
    I would have appreciated a way to accelerate the animations.
    All in all a solid game for a low budget.
  18. Nov 23, 2013
    Un juego bastante malo, bueno, no, mas bien horrible, es penoso, no divierte absaulutamente nada, es aburrido, sin sentido, el sonido es simple y tosco, la verdad no merece la pena comprarlo en serio, ni de regalo.
    Jugabilidad: Es bastante tosoco y simple.
    Gráficos: Simples a mas no poder.
    Sonido: Nada, musiquita de fondo para un juego lamentable.
    Innovación: Innova en ser uno de los
    peores juegos que he llegado a tocar D: Expand
  19. Dec 23, 2011

1. Mar 20, 2011
    Brings a whole new meaning to the words "resource management." [Apr 2011, p.85]
  2. Mar 14, 2011
    Some other studio could have used Greed Corp's concept to create a big, serious game that would have eclipsed Massive Assault. W!Games turned this idea into a decent casual product - it looks nice, plays well, and costs only $10.
  3. Feb 21, 2011
    It's quite surprising that a strategy game with only one kind of unit can be that entertaining. If you'd like to play something different, give this one a try.