7.2

1. Mar 6, 2011
    This game is like most "We want to be Magic the Gathering" computer games, except for one small thing:
    The people designing it never understood that when you buy a Turn-based strategy game you want a relaxing non-stressing game compared to Real-time strategy. At first I thought "Hmm well it's just these first maps that suck hard", but then I realized there isn't a map in the game that isn't based on a time limit!! I mean omfg! the level of idiocy from the designers is baffling, and trust me: I'm gonna use this game as an example as to how most computer game designers just don't grasp who their target consumer is...
    I bought it cheep, but after the third Campaign map I was bored and annoyed. Then I tried the Custom Maps and EVERY ONE of them where at least as bad as the campaign maps.
    Don't waste your time, the hunt for the heir to HoMM3 continues elsewhere... (Note how I DON'T mention HoMM 4 and 5, since they too are examples of the above mentioned lack of grey matter from the designers)
  2. Jul 6, 2011
    A pitiful attempt at combining Magic: The Gathering with elements of the Heroes of Might and Magic series. This game fails on all fronts. Creatures are generic, unit models are ugly, and animations are woefully simple and uninspired. Don't expect any redeeming game-play either, as the Campaign is a meagre 5 scenarios, though I was thankful for it's brevity merely 3 missions in. The gameA pitiful attempt at combining Magic: The Gathering with elements of the Heroes of Might and Magic series. This game fails on all fronts. Creatures are generic, unit models are ugly, and animations are woefully simple and uninspired. Don't expect any redeeming game-play either, as the Campaign is a meagre 5 scenarios, though I was thankful for it's brevity merely 3 missions in. The game also loves to throw stats and numbers around, however, any tactical element is crushed by the battle system's sheer dependency on randomly drawn cards. I purchased this game for a measly $3 on Steam, and I have to say that it wasn't worth it Expand
  3. Apr 9, 2014
    Nice graphics, good ideas for the units, end of positive points.

Nice graphics, good ideas for the units, end of positive points.

Interface is clunky, you have to guess things out. Descriptions of the cards don't give you enough information. Animations during the combat phases slow down an already extremely slow game - the AI takes forever to move one card. Goals are impossible to reach because each map is timed and the AI cheats on everything - they can slay five of your units with the weakest of theirs. Maps are thought as bottlenecks : only one strategy, only one direction to go.

A frustrating experience I'd recommend only to my worst enemies.

Remake of the original desk card game came from veterans of Westwood Studios. Unfortunately, its magic doesn't work on the monitor as it should. [Issue#200]
  2. Feb 11, 2011
    An excellent adaptation of the board game that completely forgets to include that all important social aspect. [Feb 2011, p.66]
  3. Jan 31, 2011
    «Meanwhile, you'd better spend your money on something better» - we usually reserve verdicts like this for amateur-made games. It's hard to believe that this empty shell of a game was made by a team of industry veterans.