• Publisher: NCSOFT
  • Release Date: Aug 28, 2012
7.9

1. Jun 16, 2013
    Let me begin with saying I played the original Guild Wars since launch(off and on anyway) along with all the expansions. I loved the game and 2000+ hours should sadly speak for itself. Guild wars 2 was no different for me in terms of that I got the digital copy on launch day and played the heck out of it within a week.

I found myself max level and no one to play with, which was my own

I found myself max level and no one to play with, which was my own problem because no one had gotten level 80 yet. I found guild wars 2 very fun although I played through the majority of the game solo and will probably never play it again. I applaud anet for doing something different with an MMO and although i only put 100-150 hours into gw2, it was still worth my money and I would do it again if I had a choice.
  2. Aug 2, 2013
    This is a great game, I was a little overhyped at first but this a quality MMORPG with a really unique way to play it, it isn't for people who want to farm 24/7, it's more for the people who want to explore and get lost in various of activities in the world, I didn't play it much at launch, but 1 year after the release I can say that this feels like a great game and it has very solidThis is a great game, I was a little overhyped at first but this a quality MMORPG with a really unique way to play it, it isn't for people who want to farm 24/7, it's more for the people who want to explore and get lost in various of activities in the world, I didn't play it much at launch, but 1 year after the release I can say that this feels like a great game and it has very solid ground to grow on. I'm looking forward to how this game is gonna grow in the future. Expand
  3. Jul 13, 2013
    GW2 tem sido de longe o melhor jogo de mmo que joguei (e joguei WoW desde o vanilla), sistema de combate muito interessante somado a uma customização perfeita de cada char, o jogo possui uma infinidade de builds com traits e o set de arma e os itens que se usa tornando o jogo único, tenho um warrior suporte que cura com estandartes e bufa com gritos de guerra, temos finalmente um RANGER,GW2 tem sido de longe o melhor jogo de mmo que joguei (e joguei WoW desde o vanilla), sistema de combate muito interessante somado a uma customização perfeita de cada char, o jogo possui uma infinidade de builds com traits e o set de arma e os itens que se usa tornando o jogo único, tenho um warrior suporte que cura com estandartes e bufa com gritos de guerra, temos finalmente um RANGER, capas de ser meele ou ranged, o jogo eh muito dinamico sem ser exaustivo, eventos massivos e muito bem trabalhados e um world PVP capas de remeter as guerras medievais de outrora (coisas como um cerco de 2 dias nos murros de um castelo), o único ponto fraco até agora o fato de o jogo não possuir raids (10-20 man) porem suas dungeons são muito boas e unicas, FINALMENTE um jogo que valorize o individual mais q o teoricraft, como não há tank healer dps, esqueça os gurus da interne e jogue. jogo muito bom, recomendo a todos que querem algo realmente inovador e que não trai as origens do MMO. Expand
  4. Jul 24, 2013
    Guild Wars 2 is an MMO that is not for the average MMO players. If you like grinding mobs, you will be disappointed. If you like grinding quest, you will be disappointed. If you like grinding for god like equipment, you will be disappointed. If you like more endgame grinding to feel like God, boy are you going to be disappointed. In short, if you are looking for old school MMO qualities,Guild Wars 2 is an MMO that is not for the average MMO players. If you like grinding mobs, you will be disappointed. If you like grinding quest, you will be disappointed. If you like grinding for god like equipment, you will be disappointed. If you like more endgame grinding to feel like God, boy are you going to be disappointed. In short, if you are looking for old school MMO qualities, this is -NOT- the game for you. If you are not, welcome to the future.

Guild Wars 2 is the ONLY MMO that allows me to level in multiple ways. To get my exotic equipment in multiple ways. To complete "achievement/task" in multiple ways.

In old school MMO, everyone and every character level up the same way, either grinding quest or grinding mobs. In Guild Wars 2, there are many ways to get yourself to level 80 because everything you do reward you with EXP proportional to your level. You can craft your way to level 80. You can travel the world and explore your way to level 80. You can grind dungeons to level 80. You can join WvW and fight (pvp) your way to level 80. Of course, the gods of grind can even grind themselves to level 80 (I do not recommend this though).

Gears are no different. You can get them from multiple sources. You do not have to rot in certain dungeons to get IMBA gears only to be obsolete come next update. Top tier equipment are equal in power and they can be obtained from multiple sources. If you want to look good (like me), then you will have to play harder to earn the "best" looking skins. (Beauty is in the eye of the beholder)

The art-style in this game is "beautiful" and simply brilliant. Instead of trying to be too realistic or too flamboyant, the entire game looks like a painting, with brush strokes even. This gives the game a unique and lasting visual appeal. I believe it will age very well.

I feel that ArenaNet is sincere in trying to make a revolutionary game and they are financially very generous. You buy the game once and you can enjoy living update every 2 weeks a month for as long as Guild Wars 2 is running. They deserve no less than a 10.

p/s: If you do join us in Guild Wars 2 and find yourself in a rather empty zone, it may not mean that the game has not enough players as some would claim. Unlike -OLD- MMO games, players in Guild Wars 2 do not need to cluster in some quest hub or leveling zone doing the same thing to level. Players are more spread out but you can still find enough of them around world boss spawn points.
  5. Jul 28, 2013
    Absolutely excellent MMO. Great graphics, excellent story lines, variety of classes that are fun to play, constant influx of content, best events in the industry. PvP stands out with both completion based combat, and world conquest. No subscription fee, and micro transactions cannot effect competitive PVP.
  6. Jul 30, 2013
    The game is constantly evolving. The world is changing and ArenaNet is doing something that has never been done before with its 2 week cycle of living game content. Not only does the extend the game past level 80 If you do not care for PvP or WvW), but it also is a genius move by ArenaNet to keep players logging in and buying gems for their store. The game is fresh, and the absence of theThe game is constantly evolving. The world is changing and ArenaNet is doing something that has never been done before with its 2 week cycle of living game content. Not only does the extend the game past level 80 If you do not care for PvP or WvW), but it also is a genius move by ArenaNet to keep players logging in and buying gems for their store. The game is fresh, and the absence of the holy trinity, spawn tagging, and loot steeling has completely quashed any and all player griefing. And if you like griefing...there's always WVW Expand
  7. Jul 30, 2013
    This MMO is the best out of every single one. I logged alot of hours in this game and I just love the secrets puzzles and the BOSS FIGHTS. HAVE YOU SEEN THESE DRAGONS IN ANY OTHER GAMES NO! They are the best boss fights I have encountered. Guild Wars 2 is easily a 10/10
  8. Oct 22, 2013
    Best game I've ever played.
    Best game I've ever played.
    To be precise I don't like MMO's. But this isn't another grind-centered MMO. It's a first real massive multiplayer RPG, where you have your story, you're making decisions, etc. Plus everything else is great: frequent updates, dungeons, community, even graphics, sounds and music are awesome for the MMO. When someone says that there are quests where you have to kill or gather something, be serious: what other things do you do in most games?
  9. Nov 14, 2013
    Sound: Great voice acting, nice memorable theme soundtrack. 10.

Graphics: Probably the best MMORPG graphics I have seen to date, alongside Rift. 10. Gameplay: This game is much different than your typical MMO. Its quests are all based on areas you walk into. So for example you walk to a farm, you get an objective list that pops up and as you work towards completion it fills a
    Sound: Great voice acting, nice memorable theme soundtrack. 10.

Gameplay: This game is much different than your typical MMO. Its quests are all based on areas you walk into. So for example you walk to a farm, you get an objective list that pops up and as you work towards completion it fills a heart on the map. There are map completions which require you to get certain things such as vistas, viewpoints, and etc., from each continent (which is how you level up). The game also lowers your level if you enter a zone lower than your achieved level. Which balances it out if you want to quest with a lower level friend. Dungeons do the same. The annoying aspect is that you may be a high level and still not be strong enough to finish that dungeon, plus it lowers your level. So it’s an interesting take, but at the same time a con. Samething with questing, after a while it gets way to repetitive but sure it’s like any MMO, but the thing is this games questing grows old on you much quicker. The game updates with special events like Super Adventure Box which pays a homage to classic Nintendo games, and is actually really fun. So overall it’s a great MMO but at the same time there are features you wish were in this game. The whole fact of having no support class really hurts the game (no healers for dungeons). Also, the dungeons are scattered all over the place, and the game could use a tune up for easier access to dungeons (such as ques). Also, there are no mounts what so ever but that’s because you can teleport to areas, but still that’s no excuse. Still a fun game, still worth picking up. 9.

Story: There’s heavy focus on story, it has some interest but that quickly fades away. The way the story is presented could be better. It’s mostly presented in dialog with only a few cutscenes. 7.

Replay Value: Definitely has replay value, it’s got PVP, world VS world (servers on servers), you will still get your money’s worth. 10.

Overall Score: 9.2 out of 10.
  10. Dec 8, 2013
    Fantastic visual look and music. A great atmosphere and feel as you are introduced to the game. Quests well done. The overall setup with the pvp and public events add a level of dynamics that are missing from some other MMOs today. I've been in the midst of trying many different games the past 6 months and this one was one of the best.
  11. Jan 9, 2014
    This game is still awesome with great graphics and great game play. The intuitive interface is still one of the best. The constant expansions, upgrades, updates etc... keep this game interesting. The satisfying feeling of discovering new areas and new things keeps coming all the time. After one year one notices the growth of the game to maturity. So with the rate te growth is going now,This game is still awesome with great graphics and great game play. The intuitive interface is still one of the best. The constant expansions, upgrades, updates etc... keep this game interesting. The satisfying feeling of discovering new areas and new things keeps coming all the time. After one year one notices the growth of the game to maturity. So with the rate te growth is going now, imagine what the game will be offering next year. Awesomeness I think all over again. The style of the graphics is catching and sucks one into the world of Guild Wars 2. Expand
  12. Jan 21, 2014
    Absolutely incredible. I'm not an MMO guy at all, really. I played WoW, Aion, ERA, The Secret World, SWTOR, all of the cheesy stuff put out by the P2W item mall companies, and this game had something the others did not. It was different. Very different in its presentation. It was gorgeous like TERA, but the
    combat was a little more challenging because you couldn't dodge as much as you
    combat was a little more challenging because you couldn't dodge as much as you wanted. It finally did away with standards set by WoW. There were more options in ways to level, it let newbies PvP as soon as they wanted, and best of all every class could play any role in their own unique ways. That sort of This game is the only reason I do not hate every MMO. Literally, this degree of flexibility is unprecedented in the genre, except maybe by SWG, though I never got to play it.

Being a relatively shy player, getting into a party was a pain in the average MMO, and it was a requirement to progress most of the time since dungeons/raiding is a staple in many if not all MMOs. Which is sad, because the alternative staple is to grind away at generic quests. TERA said its quests would be different, the devs lied. GW2 said it'd be different and they delivered. Sure you could kill stuff most of the time to do quests, but you had other avenues to progress through your quests. The alternate ways to complete quests were often reasonable and creative. Anyway, I digressed, but the dynamic party system is fantastic and puts an end to the kill-stealing of mobs by other players in some of the genre's other games.

The game may be a little P2W, but it is only technically so. You can convert the item mall and in-game currency between each other, allowing paying players to buy in-game items with essentially purchase gold. It's likely a glaring issue to many players, but it doesn't affect PvP or World vs World vs World in meaningful ways, and it doesn't affect the small-scale PvP at all as it uses its own special set of gear in place of your normal gear. In World vs World vs World stats aren't as noticeable because everyone is level 80 while there. Bought gear gives an advantage, but in the midst of 50+ vs 50+ battle, these advantages play a negligible role, which shows when you look at the WvWvW leaderboards. They are usually very close.

I think sour players dislike the game for the wrong reasons. Maybe it's because it isn't a clone of GW? Or WoW? I think they are a minority. I think most people dislike this game because they saw currency conversion and looked no further before quitting/brushing the game off. Maybe they didn't like how they didn't have 100+ skills littering their screen to distract them from the game's beauty. Or how you could join as many guilds as you wanted, but could only represent one at a time. There's also the 'level grind' that doesn't exist. I level fast. I went up twenty levels in a day with WvWvW. The XP rewards scale.

The only downside to this game is the currency conversion. Yes I know I shrugged at it earlier, but for people who gauge success by level(which hardly applies to GW2 outside of gear aesthetic), it can be lame. You can use gems to get gold to get crafting materials, and use the crafting system to max a character and a buy a set of max gear. As far as player interaction goes, this matters very little, as explained earlier.

Kudos to Arena Net/NCSoft for having the courage to take risks and execute them well. May they carry this innovative philosophy on to other games they produce.
  13. Feb 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Better than TOR, The Secret World, and TERA, all things considered.
    I've been purchasing every major MMO release this year and have left extremely disappointed each time. I would log in, see "kill X and Y", do the standard number mashing combat that you find in every MMO, and end up unsubscribing. I did try to give these games my all and see if I could break past the tedium, but I could not.
  14. Feb 23, 2014
    This game is as a welcomed change from all the other MMORPGs on the market. It's not like LOTRO where you have to pay for any kind of additional content (you can buy cosmetics as stuff like that, but that won't give you an advantage over other players). It will completely change your view on all MMORPGS and they bring out new content every two weeks which is amazing since you don't pay aThis game is as a welcomed change from all the other MMORPGs on the market. It's not like LOTRO where you have to pay for any kind of additional content (you can buy cosmetics as stuff like that, but that won't give you an advantage over other players). It will completely change your view on all MMORPGS and they bring out new content every two weeks which is amazing since you don't pay a monthly subscription.
    Overall it's a great game where you get an unbelievable amount of content for your money.
  15. Feb 24, 2014
    Очень хорошая игра, если вам надоели бесконечные квесты варкрафта, незаурядное вырезание пяти тысяч монстров в л2 - это ира для вас. Отличная графика, хорошая физика, интересная история у каждой расы, осады в режиме пвп, открытые ворлд боссы, тысячи рандомных событий в мире и многое другое. 9 из 10. Поставил бы десятку, но для меня шалит пинг на Eu регионе, ну и нет ру-локалицазии :)Очень хорошая игра, если вам надоели бесконечные квесты варкрафта, незаурядное вырезание пяти тысяч монстров в л2 - это ира для вас. Отличная графика, хорошая физика, интересная история у каждой расы, осады в режиме пвп, открытые ворлд боссы, тысячи рандомных событий в мире и многое другое. 9 из 10. Поставил бы десятку, но для меня шалит пинг на Eu регионе, ну и нет ру-локалицазии :)
  16. EMG
    Feb 25, 2014
    By far the best MMO I have ever have the joy of playing, Guild Wars 2 never fails to impress whether your fighting a world boss, going on a raid with 50 or so other players, exploring the vast detailed polished world of Tyria or even the very well made and addicting WVW/PVP game play which adds the competitive play to GW2. All in all the game feels smooth and easy to get used to while alsoBy far the best MMO I have ever have the joy of playing, Guild Wars 2 never fails to impress whether your fighting a world boss, going on a raid with 50 or so other players, exploring the vast detailed polished world of Tyria or even the very well made and addicting WVW/PVP game play which adds the competitive play to GW2. All in all the game feels smooth and easy to get used to while also taking skill and patience in other areas of the game at later levels. The constant monthly living world updates also leave more to do after the end game or reaching the final level. 10/10 Expand
  17. Nov 24, 2014
    Overall one of the more solid MMO's i have played.

positives: 1) good graphics 2) fluid combat. 3) events are fun 4) plenty of end game content 5) up front cost then f2p...and f2p to the extent that all the people who poor massive amounts of money into the game don't have a massive advantage over those that don't. 6) free update content. i don't have to pay for my
    Overall one of the more solid MMO's i have played.

positives:

1) good graphics

2) fluid combat.

3) events are fun

4) plenty of end game content

6) free update content. i don't have to pay for my expansions they are just provided (though the expansions should not be compared to WoW).

negatives:

1) it is an MMO and it doesn't shy away from grinding, but in ways this is inherent to all MMO's

2) the story is blah. though i should say the personal story/main story in blah. the living/seasons story is much better though still not extraordinary, i have to remind myself though that this is an MMO.
  18. Nov 1, 2013
    I'm not one for long, drawn-out reviews, so I'll keep it short and sweet. Every MMO I've tried in the past e.g. Star Wars: TOR and WoW, bored me tears within the first 30 minutes. I really didn't understand why people played MMOs, until I tried GW2. This game is crazy fun, and it runs really well. I'm thoroughly enjoying GW2. To me, GW2 feels like if Torchlight 2 (one of my favorite gamesI'm not one for long, drawn-out reviews, so I'll keep it short and sweet. Every MMO I've tried in the past e.g. Star Wars: TOR and WoW, bored me tears within the first 30 minutes. I really didn't understand why people played MMOs, until I tried GW2. This game is crazy fun, and it runs really well. I'm thoroughly enjoying GW2. To me, GW2 feels like if Torchlight 2 (one of my favorite games of all-time) and Skyrim had a baby.

I would advise to have a decent CPU and GPU for this game, and at least 8 GB of RAM. I'm running a FX-4100 (overclocked to 4.4GHz) and a EVGA GTX 560 non-Ti (overclocked to a superclocked version of my card). I get 40-60fps most places, almost maxed out, but I need to turn off shadows and reflections for boss fights or WvW. Next step, FX-8350 and maybe an AMD 7950 or GTX-670.
  19. Feb 15, 2013
    Great graphics, nice character customization (not as good as Tera in this aspect), gigantic worlds and plenty of quests to perform and mobs to fight.
    Swimming and diving are amazing adds to the game possibilities that cannot be seen that often on other mmo's.
    It may take a while until you grasp the inner works of the complex crafting system.
  20. Jan 20, 2013
    Best MMO of our times. Seriously, you start the game and...relax. No repetitive content, no grind. If somebody does something like it - that's just because he likes it, not because he has to do it to get super-uber-gear-sword-pants. Tons of good brand new ideas. No subscription - unlimited fun.
  21. Mei
    Jan 23, 2013
    In terms of value, Guild Wars 2 is the best 55$ I spent in all of 2012. I believe despite it's flaws, GW2 has pushed the genre forward: jumping puzzles, restructured skill bar, shared loot, and dynamic events in one game is a lot. I know we've seen these mechanics in other games, but not in one game. ArenaNet is pulling in ideas from other genres to make GW2 more appealing to a widerIn terms of value, Guild Wars 2 is the best 55$ I spent in all of 2012. I believe despite it's flaws, GW2 has pushed the genre forward: jumping puzzles, restructured skill bar, shared loot, and dynamic events in one game is a lot. I know we've seen these mechanics in other games, but not in one game. ArenaNet is pulling in ideas from other genres to make GW2 more appealing to a wider audience. I think they done that very well and deserve the praise they get for it. Expand
  22. Feb 14, 2013
    Simply put, I like Guild Wars 2. I think GW2's graphics are impressive, the sound and music top notch, the environments are interesting, monster variety plentiful, crafting is useful, and the combat is fluid. At first I failed to make it past level 15 and quit for a bit (my initial excitement faded fast). I then decided to come back around Christmas and did the themed quest and various PvESimply put, I like Guild Wars 2. I think GW2's graphics are impressive, the sound and music top notch, the environments are interesting, monster variety plentiful, crafting is useful, and the combat is fluid. At first I failed to make it past level 15 and quit for a bit (my initial excitement faded fast). I then decided to come back around Christmas and did the themed quest and various PvE content. After a few days I became more interested in playing, but I could feel the old complaints creeping back in (lack of desire to invest time). Then I was invited into a active PvP World vs World based guild and that has made all the difference for me. I'm amazed at how being a member in an active and friendly guild can make normally mundane things fun. We've done class quest, fractals, normal content, and world vs world on a regular basis. Of course, there are flaws and some of the reviews express them well. However, I have come to appreciate GW2 regardless of my initially disinterest (perhaps more for the community rather than for the game itself). Expand
  23. Feb 2, 2013
    Im a fan of this title. After 5 years, they ve done an amazing work. The world is wonderfull and artistic. The gameplay is regular but still dynamic. You will take more than a month to do everything around. A great title so don't hesitate on it
  24. Feb 16, 2013
    I really liked the quest system of this game. It's something totally new and I haven't seen anything like that before. I don't feel tired even playing GW2 for hours.
  25. Mar 19, 2013
    this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the v v this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the v v this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the thisthis game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the v v this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the v v this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the this game is the v v this game is the Expand
  26. Mar 30, 2013
    I won't repeat information about game play which is easily available by using Google. I will, however, explain my rating. I am giving Guild Wars 2 a 10 out of 10. I don't mean to say that it is a perfect game. It's not perfect. I mean to say that GW2 is better than any other game in it's class (MMORPG) by a long long way. It fixes many of the issues that plague other MMORPG's. ItI won't repeat information about game play which is easily available by using Google. I will, however, explain my rating. I am giving Guild Wars 2 a 10 out of 10. I don't mean to say that it is a perfect game. It's not perfect. I mean to say that GW2 is better than any other game in it's class (MMORPG) by a long long way. It fixes many of the issues that plague other MMORPG's. It eliminates "Pay to win". It eliminates "Gear to win". It eliminates "Static worlds". It eliminates "Monthly fees". For those reasons alone I would give GW2 a 10 out of 10. Expand
  27. Sep 18, 2013
    An amazing MMO especially for buy to play. I still play WvWvW occasionally and the ability to level via pvp was a godsend. The gem store is kind of annoying but tastefully done and you can easily get gold from 3rd party sites cheaper than you can by converting from gems if you want it but you don't NEED it. 10 times better than the original GW which I hated.
  28. May 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Im not a mmorpg fan but this one is must try for anyone who is not even in to mmorpg like my self.....played tera free version and blade and soul (korean version) and raidrerz but gw2 does such good job of keeping players fun while doing quests, especially with yhe dynamic event quest. These event quest develop in to another quest. For example, the quest will ask u to escort this caravan to a certain location and on the way you will fight some enemies and when u reach the destination, you and the gruop who helped the event quest will get the exp for escorting the caravan but as soon as the quest is completed a giant worm will come out of the ground and you wil have to defeat him. This mmorpg is probably the only rpg that I played for the stories too. The story quest is actually engaging and has interesting storyline with full voice acting. Also there are lots choices in every quest for you to chose changing the storyline little by little compare to other peoples play thorugh. There are 5 differemt races to choose from: charr (lion beast looking race), human, norn (bigger version of human), asura (tiny midget race) and some plant looking race that I dont remember the name of. Each of the race has different story line and this goves so much replay values which I cannot find in other mmos. It mmo yet feels like a good singleplayer rpg games like skyrim. I will not go deep in to world vs world and pvps but those are hell lot of fun to its great pve gameplay....must have game for anyone calls themself gamers Expand
  29. Aug 15, 2014
    Such a beautiful wonderful game. really funny and interesting concept. but there is something awful about this game (which cause me rage quit) its PvP. Pvp is as stupid as **** its not funny or entertaining. PvP in guild wars 2 is pain the ass. and i just left gw2 behind because this pvp. otherwise what a awesome game. thank you arenanet. i hope i can see guild wars 3 in the future.
  30. Apr 29, 2013
    One of the most fun games I have ever played. I greatly disliked WoW and am very happy with how this game has turned out. The storyline is amazing and you definitely feel for the NPCs involved. The writing is fantastic and the replayability is great.
  31. Sep 10, 2013
    I don't like MMORPG's. But I do like RPG's. And I see Guild Wars 2 more as a RPG than a MMORPG. The gameplay is perfect. No Quests that go like this: "Kill X and bring Y to Z". They all just Pop up and if you dont do them, some other guys do.
    The graphics are awesome, too. The music is made by Jeremy Soule, who also made the music for Skyrim. The sound-effects are really good, too!
    I
    I highly recommend this game! Buy it!
  32. Jun 7, 2013
    I have been playing the original Guild Wars for 6 years. When I first started playing GW2 on launch day, I was disappointed to see many of the features I enjoyed in GW1 were changed, e.g. I can no longer build my skills from a pool of 100+ skills, neither can I acquire a specific skill from killing a specific boss, and teleporting is not free anymore.

However, I soon realized many of

However, I soon realized many of the skills in GW2 are interesting and actually take some practice to maximize their potentials. Not to mention to pull off a series of combo and/or cross-profession combo.

Other than that, the combat animation is fluid and smooth, the trading system is superb, environment is artistically crafted and the dialogues and interactions between NPCs make the world lively.
  33. Nov 2, 2013
    Fantastic game with heaps of things to do with NO SUBSCRIPTION FEES!! The game is still regularly being updated and more things are always being added. I must say I don't generally play MMOs but this game has me hooked!
  34. Jun 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Лучшая РПГ ММО на данный момент. Бесплатные обновления и никакого заплатил и победил. Спасибо Аренанет Expand
  35. Sep 27, 2014
    Probably the most creative mmorpg at the moment.It's obvious that GW2 is tried to make a different mmorpg than the others.Combat system ,levelling system(you can level up by just crafting),events,story,graphics,exploring,PVE,dynamic content and No subscribtion everything is just great and well prepared.
  36. Sep 6, 2013
    I’ve played a lot of MMO’s in my time as they are the main type of game genre I play. I got Guild Wars 2 upon launch just over a year ago now and I still play it today. The game for me in short is a master peace as it still has that wow factor for me even now. It really mixes up a lot of the old fashion MMO formulas and improves on them. Combat is fun and engaging, questing is interestingI’ve played a lot of MMO’s in my time as they are the main type of game genre I play. I got Guild Wars 2 upon launch just over a year ago now and I still play it today. The game for me in short is a master peace as it still has that wow factor for me even now. It really mixes up a lot of the old fashion MMO formulas and improves on them. Combat is fun and engaging, questing is interesting making you always wanting to do one more thing before logging off. PVP is fun and has a great changing player community. Visually maybe not the best looking MMO but defiantly in the top 3 as its art style is absolutely beautiful. The game is also updated approximately every 20 days with new content, this is a good thing but some may not like it. Updating every 20 days brings some new things to do keeping the game feeling fresh but they are not large patches like other MMO updates. This to some may feel that the changes are not enough however for me I enjoy it. I rather have small changing addressing issues and adding new contact faster then waiting for months for an update to add big content or fix issues.

The community is friendly and I’ve never had an issue finding or meeting new people to do stuff with, defiantly one of the best mmo communities out there. Guild Wars 2 is a buy it once with no monthly fees to pay after, however there are alternatives to support the game through micro transactions. Before you think it’s a pay to win I’m here to tell you it’s not, the items found in the store are visual changes or convenience items and are not required to buy. The music is fantastic and Jeremy Soule really does a great job of capturing the lore of the game and adding to the atmosphere. The controls are great and I love the way the abilities are done. You have 10 abilities you can have equipped plus the option to swap weapons on the fly witch will change you abilities, however it goes way deeper then that. Each class can you almost use every weapon in the game giving you assess to a wide range of abilities. Further you can dual wield but not only the same weapon, for example as a thief I may have a dagger equipped in my main hand with a pistol in my off hand. I know it may sound confusing but once you play it, it just makes sense and its easy making it very difficult to go back to a mmo that is so strait and narrow with weapons. Combat is very fun and you have the ability to roll/dodge out of the way in real time to incoming attacks so it make combat more engaging no more standing there just watching animations of state only based combat play out. Crafting is fun and well organized as in your bank, each item has a place and a category making it easy to find things you have or items you need to get. Once you have the items crafting is fast and easy no more sitting though long animations doing nothing just craft it and you done.

In closing Guild Wars 2 ranks for me either 1st or 2nd as far as my favorite mmo’s of all time. It’s a great mmo an industry changer in my eyes that will not be for everyone however if your looking for a fun innovative new look at mmo’s it’s only been a year since release get in on it now and enjoy.
  37. Sep 14, 2013
    Best MMO of 2012 for me. This game's worth downloading. I have really enjoyed the gameplay of this game. The graphical details in this game is above any other MMO. I love all those powerstyles. Those power effects are well programmed. There's almost no glitches. The game runs smoothly. It clearly deserves a rating of 10.
  38. Sep 28, 2013
    After experiencing an MMO like guild wars 2, the thought of playing a game with backtracking fetch quests makes me shudder. The innovation in this game is like no other. Even though some MMOs such as DCUO eliminate backtracking it still has fetch quests and a ruptured community. In gw2 the graphics are stunning. The community is very pleasant due to the dynamic events system in the gameAfter experiencing an MMO like guild wars 2, the thought of playing a game with backtracking fetch quests makes me shudder. The innovation in this game is like no other. Even though some MMOs such as DCUO eliminate backtracking it still has fetch quests and a ruptured community. In gw2 the graphics are stunning. The community is very pleasant due to the dynamic events system in the game which require you to cooperate with other players instead of camping there and waiting for someone to kill it and loot its chest. It also paves the way for new MMOs as previous MMOs have either a pay-to-win or a monthly subscription fee, GW2 however doesnt need either of those. In game purchases are mostly for aesthetics and you only need to make one payment to play the game as long as you'd like. Expand
  39. Oct 21, 2013
    This is a refreshing additon to the MMORPG genre. The devlopers have chaned almost everything since GW1 and have changed several of their design goals since launch, however, it is still a wonderful game. It has its goods and bads just like any other.
    Grinding for basic end game gear is minimal, but the option is there for a small bonus if you are addicted tot he farming aspect of MMOs. The WvW is fun and a unique experience, I would recommend finding a guild or leveling in PvE before trying it though, that way you don't die due to being outgeared.
    The combat is fun and dodging is refreshing. It is something you wish you could do in every other MMO but usually can't. The right click camera is a little weird, but there is an overlay that can change that if you are into Tera-like targeting. All in all, this game is fun, not perfect, but definitely not as terrible as some people say. Best MMO in a while,
  40. Oct 29, 2013
    Warning: Long Reading
    Warning: Long Reading
    Guild Wars 2 is a well thought out MMORPG. The game is a "Buy once, no monthly fees". The engine of the game is really good and its community is even better. The game encourages players to take change and be nice to other players. Players don't need to be in a group to do stuff together as all players will get their own reward. Also, you know how most MMOs have you being super overpowered if you're in low level areas? In Guild Wars 2, you are sort of still powerful, however, you are a lot more equal to other players in that area, to prevent annoying players coming around and stealing a kill before you can even hit them. The choice of weapons on your character always changes, example would be wielding a Greatsword, you would get certain skills, then you change to a Sword or Staff, you get a completely different skill sent making very few players the same. The game also allows you to choose traits, which are like special skill points in other MMOs, not to mention you can choose many other "utility" skills. The World vs World system is very good too and the PvP is amazing. The crafting in the game is extremely unique though kind of boring to watch. As you create and item, you speed up the crafting depending on how many you craft. Example would be Iron Ingots, 1 taking about 10 seconds, and once you hit 10 Ingots, it's almost instant, making crafting fast and easy. You then got the PvE style of the game. You have not quests, but instead "events". Events are worldly problems in the game where you can choose to partake in it and get rewards, or even skip it. No matter what happens, almost every event affects the area around you, such as Centaurs have taken a town and now attacking another, or players/NPCs have started an assault on a boss or a camp or town or whatever. The game even has Dungeons where you have to do the Story first, then you can do the Exploration version of it. Making dungeons twice as fun, along with different paths you can take with it. What makes Guild Wars 2 even more fun is the fact you can have your very own story, making players not having the same stories as other player, though it can happen. Other players can also join your story (if they are the required level) if you're in a party with them. There is really nothing you can't do in Guild Wars 2, besides wearing armor that is either higher or lower than what you can wear, or wield certain weapons. The money of the game is also great, with a patch a month or 2 ago, you share money with all of your characters, and certain Dungeon rewards and Karma (Another Currency). You can even trade in Gold for Gems, which is the Real World Money currency of Guild Wars 2, making it an alternative source than actually going and buy about 2000 Gems for $20 or so.
  41. Nov 9, 2013
    This game might seem hard and not as fun when you are starting out. But what game doesnt do that. once you get in a guild and start getting really involved with your guild and WvW it becomes the most time consuming addictive game ever.
  42. Dec 2, 2013
    A great game, well deserved of the 10 points. It has gone through many changes since it first was launched and it is now more entriguing than ever before. Check it out.
  43. Jun 4, 2014
    Pretty fun game, especially with friends to play it (like all MMO's duh..)
    Imo for now the best MMO around especially considered price/content level and quantity.
    Found the story entertaining, but for a deep understanding you need to know the lore of the first game too. The world is new and keeps evolving, the quality of the updated wasn't top notch at first, but it's steadily growing
    Pretty fun game, especially with friends to play it (like all MMO's duh..)
    The world is new and keeps evolving, the quality of the updated wasn't top notch at first, but it's steadily growing as the game get "experience".
    Not a game for gear grinders nor people that want a set "goal", you play gw2 because you like the lore, the roleplay, having fun with friends and helping others.
    It still need many improvements like for pvp modes and maps (they're starting with them recently), update's structure and some more feature wich were announced at launch yet had to be took down for fixing and polishing (some of them just returned recently) .
    This game deserves an 8 or 9 imo, yet i'm giving it 10 for the potential that is shows and that it's gradually being expressed and for the nice community that manage it (sometimes they're too kind, especially with bosses etc but it have it's hard content too)
    If you wish to buy it, do so when there's some discount...the price is pretty honest and it's permanent..i mean, you might just wanna buy it for later of play it for a while and then return, the game will always be there for you :D
    Moreover season 2 of the living story is about to start, it seems promising and fun...let's hope for the best :)
  44. May 1, 2014
    Beautifull setting, playing guild wars 2 was one of the best things i've ever played, it goes further than WoW or any other big MMORpg, first of all the price is accesible to anyone without monthly subscription, the gold - Gems market is a beautifull idea, and also the game has no restriction whatsoever it's been one of the best MMORpg without a doubt
  45. Jun 4, 2014
    The game is amazingly beautiful and HUGE. There is so much to explore and play through. Well worth the money, especially when you find it on sale. There is stuff for both the hardcore and casual gamers.
  46. Jul 8, 2014
    Very beautiful game.
    Wonderful areas, great story and a very interesting mass pvp.
    Seeing the latest MMOs like TESO or Wildstar, it's still the best on the market.
  47. Jul 11, 2014
    The best game ever created. After logging about 700 hours into the game, I decided that it was time to create a metacritic account and write my review. The game play is fantastic and has had me hooked for 2 years now. I personally love the graphics and the cartoony-ish feel of the game, although I know a lot of people don't. The community is amazing. Everyone is very friendly and helpful,The best game ever created. After logging about 700 hours into the game, I decided that it was time to create a metacritic account and write my review. The game play is fantastic and has had me hooked for 2 years now. I personally love the graphics and the cartoony-ish feel of the game, although I know a lot of people don't. The community is amazing. Everyone is very friendly and helpful, and I love talking to my fellow players. Same goes for the staff. I've only had one problem with the game (which was my fault) and they addressed it and took care of it immediately for me. The map is great as well. Tyria is very large and beautiful, with much to explore and many different events to take part in, such as fighting dragons. I'll admit that the story can be lacking at times, but I still found it very enjoyable. And it's not a big deal, since there is still so much more to do in the game. I know people that play countless hours every day and still haven't even started the campaign yet. PvP is also great, it's a simple "capture the points and kill each other mode" which I have found to be very enjoyable. And the best part about this game: It is constantly being updated. Every two weeks Arenanet comes out with a massive amount of free content that keeps me coming back every day. Overall, this game is incredible, and I would recommend it to anybody and everybody. Expand
  48. Jul 26, 2014
    Wow. This game is something else it really is. I hate all bulky cartoonish WOW looking games and this game proves that a great game can look as good as its controls and feels as a great experience that you never want it to end. I have loof the Final Fantasy series, I have played all American titles from 1 to 14 but the mmos are very disappointing, I tried to love them as much as the singleWow. This game is something else it really is. I hate all bulky cartoonish WOW looking games and this game proves that a great game can look as good as its controls and feels as a great experience that you never want it to end. I have loof the Final Fantasy series, I have played all American titles from 1 to 14 but the mmos are very disappointing, I tried to love them as much as the single player games but its just not the same. I wish they could of succeed in convincing me but they suck. Guild Wars 2 is everything I wish Final fantasy 11 & 14 could of been and it does truly take it to another different Tier from its predecessor, guess what no monthly dues, even better worth every dime. Total hours played 200 Expand
  49. Jul 30, 2014
    This mmo like many others was a gem in its beginnings and overtime depreciated into something less. Even so for a buy once play forever game the story and exploration alone are worth it even if most the zones are rectangles.

Like the original guild wars progressing through the story is the high point of the game; with exploration as a cherry on top. Like the original guild wars the end game is limited. The original guild wars definitely had worthy end game content. The end game in guild wars 2 is an abomination of desolation. It wasn't always that way but that is what it evolved into.

Where guild wars 2 diverted from the original guild wars formula was the introduction of purple text gear. This changed the game from one where you mixed and matched your wardrobe of orange text gear gained from crafting, dungeons, and events with your skill sets on your character class to tailor stats and skills to whatever you feel like running on a given day: From this to a stat grind for the sole sake of grinding stats to gain coveted purple text items to sanctify your character with a stat advantage and no more.

The introduction of WvW levels added more grind for the sake of leveling siege weapons. This in turn made WvW itself a grind rather than a grand strategy operation where farming WvW levels 'made' WvW relevant. But the siege weapons your are grinding to level are press 1 release 1 static turrets that are boring to operate. There isn't much dynamism to siege weapon operation and you can't aim and calibrate said siege weapon and put an npc on it then run into the fray sword swinging and you never could.

Dungeons are the birth and monstrosity of filth, crap, and fire. No healing class or even healing sub class means that healing is supplemented by down state rez chains which themselves function as healing. Fortunately most dungeons weren't mandatory and presently it may also be the case that no dungeons are mandatory so if you want to run a dungeon or a raid you can do so in the umpteen other mmos.

The arena pvp was pretty bad the last time I played for a lengthy period of time mostly due to reprobate players. There was a good game here or there. This has been addressed to some degree with private arenas for the reprobates to conglomerate into so they don't degrade public arenas. My personal focus was on WvW however since it was unique to GW2 and arena combat is pretty standard.

Overall GW2 is one of the best mmos. It could have been better with expansions, new classes, new class skills and class skill lines, reformed WvW to a higher degree than erasing lakes and outcroppings that never should have existed to being with. But it seems the story of present mmos is one of fixing the negativity that never should have been rather than adding positivity in the form of the things mentioned in the first sentence of this paragraph. Even so GW2 is an excellent time sink; one of the best time sink/money mmos ever and at the end of the day that is what you look for in an mmo.
  50. Aug 5, 2014
    Awesome game, everything is great until you will do everything. Endgame almost isn't existing. Stopped playing this regularly year ago after 1500 hours and completing all my tasks - get nice looking armor, legendary weapon and all achievements from pve. PvP as for me is boring, only edge of the mists give some fun but how long you can do one and the same thing over and over. There was noAwesome game, everything is great until you will do everything. Endgame almost isn't existing. Stopped playing this regularly year ago after 1500 hours and completing all my tasks - get nice looking armor, legendary weapon and all achievements from pve. PvP as for me is boring, only edge of the mists give some fun but how long you can do one and the same thing over and over. There was no new content, maps and all that could force me to play more this game for long time. Lately Arena Net started to release updates regularly with more interesting story and permanent content to pve what brought me back to game. To play this you only need to pay for game and believe me, this is worth it. No subscription, not using gem shop will not make you looser. Just some skins and other things that no one really needs. There is a lot of content to do. If you care about content to price value go ahead and play this. As new player you will be overwhelmed by content Expand
  51. Sep 17, 2014
    Probably the best fantasy MMORPG at the moment. Very robust, well designed and bug free. Full of events and dynamic content. Frequent free content expansions. Great community. Lots and lots of end game content.

I miss being able to select skills freely. The system where you have a fixed set of skills depending on what weapon you wield is boring imho. But you have other ways to create a "build", and even if the game is designed to suit casual players, it is also possible to spend a lot of time perfecting your gear, skills and strategy if you want.

The economy is just like any standard MMO. It is mostly NPC based, and crafting is pretty useless. All good gear comes from grinding boss mobs, dungeons, events or the mystic forge.

A really good feature for casual players is the level equalization. The level difference between you and your friends does not matter very much. You can still play together and get roughly the same challenge and rewards fitting your respective levels.
  52. Dec 10, 2014
    The game worth its price tag and even more so when its on sale. It has altough many problems and i think it would have been better if it went for something like DLC content updates. But overall if its not worth 30$ ( since its on sale like 50% of the time ) then i dont know what is.

2. Jan 2, 2013