Guild Wars 2 PC

• Release Date: Aug 28, 2012
7.9

1. Aug 28, 2012
    Reasons why I love guild wars 2 [not a review]
    Every MMO I played generally states that humans are a new race and they are so majestic, dignified and young race. Guild wars 2 is different instead they say they are a **** up race who **** up so much that they are left to such a small kingdom.
    Reasons why I love guild wars 2 [not a review]
    Everything/Anything I do gives me XP, So i dont have to worry about grinding at all and the dynamic events you like you are given the same XP for any number of times you try.
    Professions and their powers are way different than other MMOs, you dont have to reach level 30 to get a specific good spell. At level 7 you can have 10 different spells from 2 weapons you can swap, one healing power and one utility power. And the interface is so clean.
    you dont have to wait in queues, you can play all the time[thanks to overflow servers]. You can be level 80 anytime in W v W v W and have fun.
    And the best one No monthly fee

there are so many articles, reviews stating their experiences in guild wars 2, which are so overwhelming, if you are reading this probably you have already read all those. So I am not gonna share my experiences all over again. I would just say "you know how MMO are supposed to be that alternate life where you lose yourself and enjoy and you can be awesome at it, GUILD WARS 2 does this best". If you enjoy RPG or MMO, this is a must buy. It is just 60$ for life, what is wrong with it. Buy it now.
  2. Aug 29, 2012
    I am so sick and tired of community reviewers that feel it necessary to compare new MMO's to WOW which has had close to a decade to mature and polish itself. This game is amazing, and far more polished and entertaining as a 'new game' than WOW was. The graphics are great, you dont need a computer powerhouse to run it, and there is sooooo much to do. There are a few bugs, and problems withI am so sick and tired of community reviewers that feel it necessary to compare new MMO's to WOW which has had close to a decade to mature and polish itself. This game is amazing, and far more polished and entertaining as a 'new game' than WOW was. The graphics are great, you dont need a computer powerhouse to run it, and there is sooooo much to do. There are a few bugs, and problems with the system... of course. These things take time to correct, and im sure they will be. Enjoy the game, and the first MMO that really sets forth a legit challenge to the MMO throne. Expand
  3. Aug 28, 2012
    Definitely the next generation of MMOs and easily the MMO of the Year. World of Warcraft should learn something by Guild Wars 2. You don't alienate your fans just for the sake of the almighty bottom dollar. Guild Wars 2 is a lush, beautiful, vibrant game that takes you in and never lets you go. There is something for everyone here, whether you are a hardcore or casual player. The craftingDefinitely the next generation of MMOs and easily the MMO of the Year. World of Warcraft should learn something by Guild Wars 2. You don't alienate your fans just for the sake of the almighty bottom dollar. Guild Wars 2 is a lush, beautiful, vibrant game that takes you in and never lets you go. There is something for everyone here, whether you are a hardcore or casual player. The crafting is robust and fun and there is a reward lurking behind every little thing in this game which keeps you coming back time and time again. Herald in the new King of MMOs cause this bad boy is going no where anytime soon. Best of all its free to play! You have nothing to lose purchasing this game! Expand
  4. Aug 29, 2012
    Absolutely superb game. It does have some issues right now with server stability etc, but what MMO doesn't on launch?
    I love the dynamic questing, really makes you feel part of the world. beautiful artistic style throughout. Can't praise it enough.
  5. Sep 4, 2012
    I am hooked. What an impressive MMO. You are fed the feeling of "raid" from other MMOs CONSTANTLY through simply doing tasks. Events happen nearby and everyone rushes there to get a huge amount of XP. You're left with HUGE battles that are extremely satisfying.

I can't believe how imaginative this game is! Its graphics are top notch for an MMO. The controls feels very natural and I keep wondering how it could be any better. World vs World PVP?!? I mean come on, you can't beat that. Loads of fun to be had in this addictive game.

Great job ArenaNet! I'm officially hooked.
  6. Aug 29, 2012
    I played wow since the beginning. Aion, Rift, Terra, TSW, and SWTOR. I do not recall ever being this excited playing a game in a long time, probably not since wow was released. This game really started to bring back those old gaming excitement I thought may have died quite honestly. This game is about having extreme fun, even for the myself who I would label a Min/Maxer-PvPer. Game art isI played wow since the beginning. Aion, Rift, Terra, TSW, and SWTOR. I do not recall ever being this excited playing a game in a long time, probably not since wow was released. This game really started to bring back those old gaming excitement I thought may have died quite honestly. This game is about having extreme fun, even for the myself who I would label a Min/Maxer-PvPer. Game art is unreal, the story mode is actually something I like, first for an MMO. The lvling process is great. PvP is fantastic (EX S1,S2,S2,S4 Gladiator btw), finally a game gets CC done right.

This game does so much right. This is going to be the clone of MMOs going forward, no doubt.
  7. Sep 16, 2012
    Game in which everyone will find something for you. No matter how much time you can dedicate to game, you can fully enjoy it. I think this is what make it completely different from other MMO games.
  8. Sep 13, 2012
    Seriously the most innovative MMO.

Any low reviews are people with out-dated computers, WoW fanboys or outright Blizzard employees.

There is NOTHING bad about this game.
  9. Sep 24, 2014
    Better than Archepay, The Secret World, and TERA, all things considered.
    Better than Archepay, The Secret World, and TERA, all things considered.
    I've been purchasing every major MMO release this year and have left extremely disappointed each time. I would log in, see "kill X and Y", do the standard number mashing combat that you find in every MMO, and end up unsubscribing. I did try to give these games my all and see if I could break past the tedium, but I could not.

#GW2masterrace
  10. Oct 17, 2012
    I normally hate MMOs and their formulas but a friend suggested GW2 and I can't stop playing it. Truly a game changer in the MMO market. A very smart take on the questing systems of old that keep you busy and never feels like a chore or a grind to play.Not only that but it looks incredible too. Fantastic game.
  11. Sep 21, 2012
  12. Oct 5, 2012
    Apart from a few niggly details mentioned by many others before me and none of which are showstoppers, the game is almost perfect. The combat system is actually quite a bit deeper than the amount of abilities, and some of the game's detractors suggest due to the dynamic weapon set swapping. As a thief sporting a sword/pistol and pistol/pistol I can shadowstep to my target, apply a venomApart from a few niggly details mentioned by many others before me and none of which are showstoppers, the game is almost perfect. The combat system is actually quite a bit deeper than the amount of abilities, and some of the game's detractors suggest due to the dynamic weapon set swapping. As a thief sporting a sword/pistol and pistol/pistol I can shadowstep to my target, apply a venom and a high damage pistol whip attack, shadowstep back to my starting location, swap to dual pistols and strafe around the target to finish it off at range. The possible variations coupled with actively dodging incoming attacks are more than enough to keep things interesting.

The dynamic events system is fun too although the numbers of people joining in can make things seem a bit 'zergy'. The 'heart' quests aren't that much different from MMO quests you've seen before with the main difference being that you usually get a selection of activities to do in order to complete the quest of which you can do any combination you like. I haven't yet made it in to my first instanced dungeon yet but I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out with no dedicated tank or healer classes.

PVP and WvWvW is a hoot! Especially if you are running with a group of friends in WvWvW. No gear grinding in order to be competitive in the Battlegrounds either, everyone is given the same quality gear so it's down to individual skill and even more so team play and tactics.

Visually and aesthetically the game is unmatched in this genre. It just looks fantastic and the soundtrack is suitably epic, written by Jeremy Soule of Elder Scrolls fame.

There is so much more I could discuss about other aspects of the game such as crafting, personal story line quests, character customisation options etc. etc. but in all honesty I don't want to spend any more time writing about the game when I could be playing it.

Cya ;)
  13. Dec 2, 2014
    After about 2 years, this is my second review of this game, since I stopped playing GW2 for over a year and have started playing again recently. My score remains the same though, and here is why.

First off, regarding the negative reviews here - people are entitled to their opinion, and I would never criticize anyone for not liking this MMO because this game does not cater to everyone's tastes (but what game does, anyway...). But I would like to address a few points that were made:

- Not enough content: This often comes from players who have spent many hundred hours, some even over 1000 hours in the game. I would challenge anyone playing any game for such an extended period and still find it challenging, interesting, refreshing... there comes a point at which you will be finished with a game, and clearly some people have reached that point. I doubt they would have kept playing for this long if they hated it so much?

I'm maybe not your typical MMO player as I do tend to take things slowly, but just for comparison, I've played GW2 in total for around 450 hours now. I have 2 characters on lvl 80 plus some alts around lvl 55, and my main has just around 58% map completion. My other characters are hovering around the 25% mark. I know for myself that I will be striving for map completion on my main, but it's gonna take me a long time, and the one thing I can never complain about is lack of content. I do have a RL and I play a lot of other games, and if anything GW2 has too much content for me! I feel I'll never be able to see it all.

- Poor customer support: Some complaints were made about the lack of a phone number. Most gaming companies don't provide phone support, and for good reason, as it's often much easier to get customers to provide proper details in a written support ticket. ArenaNet do provide individual customer support, it's right there in their support section with an online ticket submit form. Their replies are prompt, professional and reasonable - we have had a support request which was dealt with in a more than satisfactory manner. I'm sure this was not just a lucky exception.

- GemStore: Yes ArenaNet promote spending money on the game. And yes, I have done so - I've bought bank slots, a character slot and a few other things I did not REALLY need. But, and it's a HUGE but - there is no subscription charge. Compared to other MMOs of equal quality, GW2 still works out much cheaper for me, without the choke of a subscription around my neck. Anyone expecting free content updates forever either doesn't respect the right of developers to gain an income for their hard work, or has no idea about financial realities in the business world.

I won't repeat what I wrote in my first review, because none of my old opinions have changed much. But I have to say that if anything, the game has become even better and richer since back then. The new meta-servers did introduce some lag issues but more recently, I have not encountered any lag any more. Whatever the cause was, it has been worked on. The meta-servers did enrich gameplay though, as you always will find people playing near you, and the game mechanics are such that this enhances your experience massively. You are encouraged to help each other all the time, and this leads to a very pleasant user community with practically zero toxicity - compare that to LoL if you wish!

TL;DR: After over 2 years and a long break, I'm still having a ton of fun in GW2 and I know I will enjoy this game for a long time to come. It's a cracker, and quite unique in the MMO market due to some revolutionary gameplay concepts. It may not appeal to everybody, but its production values and gorgeous scenery and art direction are undeniably there and speak for themselves.
  14. Oct 2, 2012
    This game is something new. I love that the questing system is not really there, and you have so much freedom to do whatever you want! The Event System is also genious. Despite all the bugs that has been since the early launch, I find this game to be very addicting, and is the best MMO I've played since WoW
  15. Oct 29, 2012
    This game is really amazing considering that it features a 60$ price tag and no monthly subs. The world is huge and is clearly designed for casual player. Hard-Core players may find the game disappointing because its pretty easy to level up and the lack of the end game content. The soundtrack is also amazing and is composed by Jeremy Soule who made the skyrim soundtrack. Overall the gameThis game is really amazing considering that it features a 60$ price tag and no monthly subs. The world is huge and is clearly designed for casual player. Hard-Core players may find the game disappointing because its pretty easy to level up and the lack of the end game content. The soundtrack is also amazing and is composed by Jeremy Soule who made the skyrim soundtrack. Overall the game is amazing and different from other games such as WoW and the WoW clones. Expand
  16. Jan 10, 2014
    Before 2011 i was not a fan of MMORPGS. I liked my ARPGS like Diablo 2 Diablo Itself. It was World of Warcraft that i originally purchased subscribed and played my be for a month. My initial experience with MMOs was not what i expected and i hated WOW. I knew about Original Guild Wars from a friend but never got around to play it because Arenanet had announced Guild Wars 2. Purchased theBefore 2011 i was not a fan of MMORPGS. I liked my ARPGS like Diablo 2 Diablo Itself. It was World of Warcraft that i originally purchased subscribed and played my be for a month. My initial experience with MMOs was not what i expected and i hated WOW. I knew about Original Guild Wars from a friend but never got around to play it because Arenanet had announced Guild Wars 2. Purchased the Game on its release date and started to play. The immediate Impact of the presentation was overwhelming. It is an absolute achievement to have graphics and art blending seamlessly to produce such beautiful and memorable environments. Events happening left right and centre with regularity. There was always something to do. But although Graphics were awesome they also taxed my machine to the max for getting reasonable game play. This fact did put me off and i decided to go back to SWTOR. In December 2012 i played solely SWTOR for well over 18 months Just because of loyalty to Star wars Universe. During this time Guild Wars 2 Struggled as well to keep the Numbers on there servers. Although i kept on coming back for more GW2 but performance of my Machine always made me return to less Graphic intensive Games on the time. It was June of 2013 when i decided to Quit SWTOR (because of Continuing disappointments with server mergers and poor repetitive content). Guild wars 2 this time practically blew me away it was more polished and keeping it going without a subscription is in fact an achievement. Thus far i have created 3 level 80 characters and spent Countless hours in various areas of the game.

PVE:
    Story : Guildwars 2 character story is probably its weakest point. but it does not bother me as it is the gameplay and MMO part that i am interested in. Story has it moments but largely i will not recommend purchasing the game based on that.

Character Classes : You have multiple options and multiple classes to play with 5 main races 8 main characters each character can than be customised with weapons and traits in various combinations to suit you play style. This combination is unique and strongest feat of GW 2 as there is infinite amount of customizing to max out your potential.

Grouping : LFG tool is still in beta but you can group up with people from your server or cross server. There is lots you can learn in these groups. Dungeons have Story Mode and Explorable Mode which opens up as you progress 3 paths. So essentially you can play the same dungeon in 4 different ways and each way is very different for the original. Guildwars 2 does follow the Holy Trinity (that is Each group has a Tank /dps / healer) It promotes experimentation.

In Game Events and Content Updates are very frequent. What WOW has achieved in almost 10 years of existence GW2 has managed to achieve in 18 months. Each Content update would probably a New Expansion for WOW. or a module worth so many dollars in other MMOs.

PVP: There is sPVP which puts you against other teams it is well balanced and quite rewarding for regular players.
    Gameplay mechanics are very fluid. All professions play differently so its matter of your practise and control.
    WVW where each week server population goes up against 2 other servers is another extremely strong and popular mode for GW 2. But it promotes Zerging (large number of people trying to achieve an objective) in the game
    Loot Recipes Gear is plentiful and you can do lots with it again in terms of improving your character and grinding for Legendary weapons. There are no shared loot drops so it prevents scavengers and ninja activity when it come to distribution.

If you are a regular MMORPG player i can safely recommend you GW2
    If you are new to MMOs i do suggest that GW2 will grow on you given enough time.
    Its a Masterpiece in terms of Gaming and currently the best MMORPG on the market.

Its Flaws High Graphics Requirement ( when buying please check your system can handle it well or not)
    Lack of Holy trinity can be troublesome for certain people. Not knowing ones role can be troublesome.
    Its game where exploration and experimentation will pay off and rewarded.
    Developers are not focused on just earning money. Quality of Content and being free was something unthinkable just a couple of years ago.
  17. Oct 28, 2012
    This is a shockingly good game, fully enjoyable either as a massive RPG campaign across a sprawling world, or as a highly challenging MMO with enough content and almost unachievable endgame goals (getting legendary gear or 100% dungeon completion is a worthy challenge). PvP offers an absolutely unforgiving environment to E-sport geeks, while World v World offers environment to fight enemyThis is a shockingly good game, fully enjoyable either as a massive RPG campaign across a sprawling world, or as a highly challenging MMO with enough content and almost unachievable endgame goals (getting legendary gear or 100% dungeon completion is a worthy challenge). PvP offers an absolutely unforgiving environment to E-sport geeks, while World v World offers environment to fight enemy players that is easily accessible to everyone including newcomers. The world is rich, graphics amazing, engine flawless, character development has a distinctly fresh touch to it. If you have ever at all enjoyed the MMORPG genre, you absolutely owe it to yourself to try this one. There are people everywhere, whether to group up for PvE, or to compete with in PvP. No lag, no waiting time. Oh, and, you know... no subscription. Amazing. After a 100 hours, this game remains a source of ever-fresh enjoyment, and a lasting credit to its creators. Expand
  18. Nov 10, 2012
    I personally like the game, however I can see why some people don't. The game can get a little repetitive, especially with spells and abilities. There's a cash shop but it's not necessary as you already have full access to everything ingame. I never felt pressured to buy anything from the cash shop. The price for the game is a little steep as all new games are. It's not a $60 game. NotI personally like the game, however I can see why some people don't. The game can get a little repetitive, especially with spells and abilities. There's a cash shop but it's not necessary as you already have full access to everything ingame. I never felt pressured to buy anything from the cash shop. The price for the game is a little steep as all new games are. It's not a $60 game. Not worth that price. Maybe for $40. Expand
  19. Nov 5, 2012
    Good game. There is only 1 BIG BUT. Why there is now PvP over the land. I have played Lineage 2 where you could fight anyone anywhere. Guild Wars 2 is missing that point which makes it a little boring with time. Exploring new lands, tasks and all that is a great idea. Why not add free PvP, or at least duels where you can fight other players for extra points/experience or soever. Arena.netGood game. There is only 1 BIG BUT. Why there is now PvP over the land. I have played Lineage 2 where you could fight anyone anywhere. Guild Wars 2 is missing that point which makes it a little boring with time. Exploring new lands, tasks and all that is a great idea. Why not add free PvP, or at least duels where you can fight other players for extra points/experience or soever. Arena.net should think about that, otherwise they will start loosing players. Expand
  20. Dec 5, 2012
    I am a huge MMOrpg player and played Guild Wars, when the beta was announced I went to get in on that, Played the beta and am currently playing the game. There have been a lot of claims, hype, rumors, and promises from this game. My favorite promise they made was it will not be a grind... Sorry but the game is just that one huge grind, Wait let me finish, while the game is based onI am a huge MMOrpg player and played Guild Wars, when the beta was announced I went to get in on that, Played the beta and am currently playing the game. There have been a lot of claims, hype, rumors, and promises from this game. My favorite promise they made was it will not be a grind... Sorry but the game is just that one huge grind, Wait let me finish, while the game is based on grinding you level so fast and things happen at a quick pace that most will not notice it. Speaking of leveling, it is so fast and easy that it might make your head spin. On average you can level once per hour with no problem all the way to 80, The problem is you want to stop and look at stuff, because the game is quite amazing to look at. The graphics are extremely tight and amazing, even on medium settings, on the lowest graphic settings thats when you kinda say ehh there ok but its very hard to tell the difference between medium and High.

They didn't quite live up to everything they said they would but they came very close, One word of caution here there are many bugs, and they are still tweeking the game. Which are causing many of the problems players are complaining about, I bring this up since at this time the game is just about 3 to 4 months old things should level out around 5-6 months since this is the find and remove stage of when a game comes out every Big MMo that comes out has this even WoW did. So if your looking for a great MMO this is it though you may want to wait till the bugs are gone.
  21. Oct 15, 2012
    A revolution in MMORPG design. Guild Wars 2 presents an amazing amount of positive disruptive changes to the status quo that it corrects so many of the problems the MMO industry has with existing game templates. Artfully designed and wisely thought game mechanics make this game a must-have for MMORPG fans the world over.
  22. Dec 4, 2012
    Guild Wars 2 was my last MMORPG. The meaning of a MMORPG is progession, progression gets you too keep playing. soure: http://www.gamegoldfast.com/gw2/buy-guildwars2-gold.php
  23. Dec 18, 2012
    GW2 is awesome ! It has a great new skill system that works really well and is enjoyable. The map is huge with tons of places to visit. And the events they have. So much fun in so many different ways. I will be playing GW2 for years to come.
    The only downside in my mind is I preferred the skill system in GW1 a little more, as the system in GW2 doesn't leave much room for expansion / differences at the higher levels.
  24. Dec 19, 2012
    So far the best MMO I have played, GREAT graphics, nice mechanics, fluid gameplay, smooth performance, updated constantly and full of pvp between servers(called world versus world)
  25. Apr 11, 2013
    Being a gamer, I have to admit that I have not play a mmo game before this game. But when Angry Joe gave it a 10/10 I decided to give it a try. I took a gamble and bought three copies for my friends and I, $180, to try. This Game was amazing. The Story and the game play was good. Then only problem I had was the PvP aspect of this game. The pvp suck. At least the world vs world vs worldBeing a gamer, I have to admit that I have not play a mmo game before this game. But when Angry Joe gave it a 10/10 I decided to give it a try. I took a gamble and bought three copies for my friends and I, $180, to try. This Game was amazing. The Story and the game play was good. Then only problem I had was the PvP aspect of this game. The pvp suck. At least the world vs world vs world (WvWvW) is fun. I love spamming my toon into the "zerg", killing some "ppl", player, and running safely away.

What sold me about this game was the pay model. Buy it once and play it with no monthly fee. Hours of fun.
  26. Mar 9, 2013
    Guild Wars 2 challenges whole genre of MMORPGs, and succeeds. ArenaNet got rid of silly rudiments, proving that they are not needed to make a fun, interesting and thrilling game. Just a simple example are you sure you need mana itself to make a complete, balanced MMORPG? It is not about graphics it's about artistic direction, it's not about sound quality it's about sound design. ThisGuild Wars 2 challenges whole genre of MMORPGs, and succeeds. ArenaNet got rid of silly rudiments, proving that they are not needed to make a fun, interesting and thrilling game. Just a simple example are you sure you need mana itself to make a complete, balanced MMORPG? It is not about graphics it's about artistic direction, it's not about sound quality it's about sound design. This game is not flawless, but it is the best MMORPG by far. It is not a milestone too, but a logical leap. I love this game and strongly recommend it to every gamer. Expand
  27. Nov 27, 2012
    Great game. So much to do for $60, and no need to ever spend any more than that. The PvE will occupy you for a long time, but when that wears off, the PvP is endlessly entertaining.
  28. Dec 2, 2012
    Guild Wars 2 is by far the best game to date when it comes to fantasy MMO's. I've been playing since launch and I am just as addicted to GW2 as I was to regular GW. Taking away the quest grind is a real + for me. All other MMO's focused way too much on questing. In GW2 I like the way you can just go out into the world and stumble upon an event. Exploration is quite fun, you never know whatGuild Wars 2 is by far the best game to date when it comes to fantasy MMO's. I've been playing since launch and I am just as addicted to GW2 as I was to regular GW. Taking away the quest grind is a real + for me. All other MMO's focused way too much on questing. In GW2 I like the way you can just go out into the world and stumble upon an event. Exploration is quite fun, you never know what you might stumble upon. I have tried my hand at PvP and I still need some work. As for WvW I have not been there yet, but from what I hear from other players it can be quite an experience. The only thing in GW2 that I find needs work is the gathering aspect of it, If your getting into crafting, starting out seems to be quite slow. Harvest nodes can take an hour to respawn while farm nodes can take up to 23 hours to respawn, this seems to be a little too restrictive, but really that is the only gripe in the game that I have. I just totally love this game, Arenanet has delivered on it's promises for sure. I am looking forward to what the future has in store for this game. Will we be able to walk the streets of Kamadan or Kaineng City again? Is the Jade Sea still going to crystallized? What new lands will we be able to explore? I'm stoked about this game, and I will be playing it as much as I possible can. Expand
  29. Jaz
    Feb 23, 2013
    GW2 is a buy only MMO with no subscription .Pros: Graphics and animations-by far the best, sound, interesting classes, pvp- both the tournament and the world vs world, good crafting, discrete store for fluff and not pay to win, attention to small details that make you feel like the world is "real". Minus: since they dont use the classic tank-healer-dps system, group combat becomesGW2 is a buy only MMO with no subscription .Pros: Graphics and animations-by far the best, sound, interesting classes, pvp- both the tournament and the world vs world, good crafting, discrete store for fluff and not pay to win, attention to small details that make you feel like the world is "real". Minus: since they dont use the classic tank-healer-dps system, group combat becomes confusing, especially with pick up groups. I like the soloability of GW2 classes and their pvp performance but in dungeons, group pve is not fun-for me at least. It doesnt have raids but i m not so fond of them anyway. Some people love to grind for the uber weapon/armor. Not so here and i personally like it. Also it has frequent events, improvements etc. Overal: best MMO today. Expand
  30. Mar 19, 2013
    Really well made game! The graphics, the story, the small details, the combat system. Everything is really well done! Leveling is really fun thanks to the new "questing" system, that really eliminates the boring things of questing. Things feel more genuine, varied and not at all grindy. Exploring is really fun and rewarding, both thanks to the graphics and the excellent "level design" withReally well made game! The graphics, the story, the small details, the combat system. Everything is really well done! Leveling is really fun thanks to the new "questing" system, that really eliminates the boring things of questing. Things feel more genuine, varied and not at all grindy. Exploring is really fun and rewarding, both thanks to the graphics and the excellent "level design" with jumping puzzles and just the overall epicness of all terrain.

And contrary to what some people claim, the game has a good chunk of endgame, both in the more "casual" way and the old grindy (wow-like) endgame. This will surely expand, Guild Wars 2 hasn't been out a year yet!

There are some bad things too obviously, most of them compensated by the rest of the game.
    To mention the biggest weaknesses the game lacks some features you would expect from an MMO, such as being able to inspect other peoples gear, to direct trade with someone (without using the auction house). Also when fighting physically smaller bosses in a group the spell and particle effects becomes too overwhelming and you are sometimes unable to even see what you are fighting. You are also unable to simply duel against a friend in the game.
    This are the things that prevent the last point out of 10.

And too all folks that have been playing and loving WoW, I just wanna give you the advice to not give up to early as I almost did. It takes a while to get into because its in some ways so different from WoW.

Lastly i want to say that I'm an PvE player and haven't tried much PvP at all so this review is from a PvE point of view.
  31. Mar 31, 2013
    Being new to the Guild Wars franchise I find myself playing it almost every spare minute I have. Guild Wars 2 is certainly an attracting game from its good graphics to its fun and intense massive multiplayer boss battles. I have enjoyed every hour of this game and the reason I enjoyed it so much is because it brings something new to the table in the genre of MMO's. Combat is the best iv'eBeing new to the Guild Wars franchise I find myself playing it almost every spare minute I have. Guild Wars 2 is certainly an attracting game from its good graphics to its fun and intense massive multiplayer boss battles. I have enjoyed every hour of this game and the reason I enjoyed it so much is because it brings something new to the table in the genre of MMO's. Combat is the best iv'e seen in an MMO ever, graphics aren't the best I have ever seen but are certainly up there among of titles in different genres. What put the cherry on the cake for me was the epic world versus world action it is a new battle every time but one complaint i have about the world versus world is the queue times can be up to 3 hours long which is too long. The soundtrack of this game is jaw-dropping. I never normally compliment a game on its soundtrack but by God was this a good one. The music mixed with the landscape and actual gameplay works so well together. I loved it. Expand
  32. Aug 15, 2014
    Such a beautiful wonderful game. really funny and interesting concept. but there is something awful about this game (which cause me rage quit) its PvP. Pvp is as stupid as **** its not funny or entertaining. PvP in guild wars 2 is pain the ass. and i just left gw2 behind because this pvp. otherwise what a awesome game. thank you arenanet. i hope i can see guild wars 3 in the future.
  33. Apr 18, 2013
    I like Guild Wars 2! It's the best game I ever seen. With no subscription fee I think a lot of gamers will buy this game Thank you Arenanet and NC soft for this beautiful rp game.
  34. Jul 29, 2013
    This is one of the best MMOs in recent years. Not only because of the amount of content that is available, but because they constantly add more, for free, with no subscription cost. It has gorgeous, relevant graphics, fun and unique races, great storylines and every little detail is amazing. Not just graphic details, which are far above any current MMO, but the details in the NPC dialogue,This is one of the best MMOs in recent years. Not only because of the amount of content that is available, but because they constantly add more, for free, with no subscription cost. It has gorgeous, relevant graphics, fun and unique races, great storylines and every little detail is amazing. Not just graphic details, which are far above any current MMO, but the details in the NPC dialogue, and the way that quests try to involve your character rather than just be "go to this place, kill 15 kobolds and then talk to me again".

Probably one of my favorite things about this game is that it is extremely accessible to a casual player, to people with jobs and families and responsibilities. You could spend all day playing it and be entertained, but you won't miss out on tons of progression if you need to spend a couple weeks away. There is no "tiered" gear progression that only begins at max level and quickly becomes outdated if you don't keep playing. There are other rewards to work for at max level instead of just gear upgrades.

I could go on forever about how much I love this game, but I will just say that I hope it paves the way for future games and becomes the new standard. I hope when people are developing a game, they stop thinking "How can we be like WoW" and start thinking "How can we be like GW2".
  35. Nov 2, 2013
    Fantastic game with heaps of things to do with NO SUBSCRIPTION FEES!! The game is still regularly being updated and more things are always being added. I must say I don't generally play MMOs but this game has me hooked!
  36. Jun 16, 2013
    Let me begin with saying I played the original Guild Wars since launch(off and on anyway) along with all the expansions. I loved the game and 2000+ hours should sadly speak for itself. Guild wars 2 was no different for me in terms of that I got the digital copy on launch day and played the heck out of it within a week.

I found myself max level and no one to play with, which was my own

I found myself max level and no one to play with, which was my own problem because no one had gotten level 80 yet. I found guild wars 2 very fun although I played through the majority of the game solo and will probably never play it again. I applaud anet for doing something different with an MMO and although i only put 100-150 hours into gw2, it was still worth my money and I would do it again if I had a choice.
  37. Sep 27, 2014
    Probably the most creative mmorpg at the moment.It's obvious that GW2 is tried to make a different mmorpg than the others.Combat system ,levelling system(you can level up by just crafting),events,story,graphics,exploring,PVE,dynamic content and No subscribtion everything is just great and well prepared.
  38. Dec 8, 2013
    Fantastic visual look and music. A great atmosphere and feel as you are introduced to the game. Quests well done. The overall setup with the pvp and public events add a level of dynamics that are missing from some other MMOs today. I've been in the midst of trying many different games the past 6 months and this one was one of the best.
  39. Dec 11, 2013
    Just a fantastic MMO,with all new features of the modern MMOs.
    Gameplay one of the best of that kind of games.
    Music, the OST binds with the scenes very well,and its adaptive too
  40. May 1, 2014
    Beautifull setting, playing guild wars 2 was one of the best things i've ever played, it goes further than WoW or any other big MMORpg, first of all the price is accesible to anyone without monthly subscription, the gold - Gems market is a beautifull idea, and also the game has no restriction whatsoever it's been one of the best MMORpg without a doubt
  41. Feb 15, 2013
    Great graphics, nice character customization (not as good as Tera in this aspect), gigantic worlds and plenty of quests to perform and mobs to fight.
    Swimming and diving are amazing adds to the game possibilities that cannot be seen that often on other mmo's.
    It may take a while until you grasp the inner works of the complex crafting system.
  42. Jan 20, 2013
    Best MMO of our times. Seriously, you start the game and...relax. No repetitive content, no grind. If somebody does something like it - that's just because he likes it, not because he has to do it to get super-uber-gear-sword-pants. Tons of good brand new ideas. No subscription - unlimited fun.
  43. Mei
    Jan 23, 2013
    In terms of value, Guild Wars 2 is the best 55$ I spent in all of 2012. I believe despite it's flaws, GW2 has pushed the genre forward: jumping puzzles, restructured skill bar, shared loot, and dynamic events in one game is a lot. I know we've seen these mechanics in other games, but not in one game. ArenaNet is pulling in ideas from other genres to make GW2 more appealing to a widerIn terms of value, Guild Wars 2 is the best 55$ I spent in all of 2012. I believe despite it's flaws, GW2 has pushed the genre forward: jumping puzzles, restructured skill bar, shared loot, and dynamic events in one game is a lot. I know we've seen these mechanics in other games, but not in one game. ArenaNet is pulling in ideas from other genres to make GW2 more appealing to a wider audience. I think they done that very well and deserve the praise they get for it. Expand
  44. Feb 16, 2013
    I really liked the quest system of this game. It's something totally new and I haven't seen anything like that before. I don't feel tired even playing GW2 for hours.
  45. Mar 11, 2015
    + Graphics are some of the best of any MMO, even with it being almost 3 years old now.
    + Combat and mechanics are very friendly towards new players and not overly complex (a personal preference)
    + There is a lot of diversity in the world, exploring new locations is a genuine pleasure. + World events are a huge amount of fun. Teaming up with 50+ other players to battle a boss is
    + World events are a huge amount of fun. Teaming up with 50+ other players to battle a boss is extremely satisfying, and worth the rewards.
    + WvW is a lot of fun and works very well, once you get the hang of it you can waste away many hours fighting other servers. I have not played PvP yet so I cannot comment for this right now.
    + The user interface is very intuitive and easy to navigate, much like the combat it's not overly complex, which is something I prefer over MMO's that have so many items on screen you feel lost.

- The optimisation isn't very good. With SLI I get 40% usage for each GPU. When entering city zones and large events with lots of players the frame rate drops massively. Even with a top of the range PC like mine I get 30fps in world events and areas of WvW. The game is extremely CPU intensive. However, in 'calmer' areas of the world you can easily get 60+fps the majority of the time.
    - The main story quests can seem a little bit childish. They're not particularly geared towards adults and seem a bit silly and pathetic at times, but this is only a minor complaint.
    - Whilst I like the easy to learn combat, it can result in the game becoming a little too easy as you progress into the later stages of the game. Rarely have I really felt challenged in PvE.
  46. Sep 18, 2013
    An amazing MMO especially for buy to play. I still play WvWvW occasionally and the ability to level via pvp was a godsend. The gem store is kind of annoying but tastefully done and you can easily get gold from 3rd party sites cheaper than you can by converting from gems if you want it but you don't NEED it. 10 times better than the original GW which I hated.
  47. May 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Im not a mmorpg fan but this one is must try for anyone who is not even in to mmorpg like my self.....played tera free version and blade and soul (korean version) and raidrerz but gw2 does such good job of keeping players fun while doing quests, especially with yhe dynamic event quest. These event quest develop in to another quest. For example, the quest will ask u to escort this caravan to a certain location and on the way you will fight some enemies and when u reach the destination, you and the gruop who helped the event quest will get the exp for escorting the caravan but as soon as the quest is completed a giant worm will come out of the ground and you wil have to defeat him. This mmorpg is probably the only rpg that I played for the stories too. The story quest is actually engaging and has interesting storyline with full voice acting. Also there are lots choices in every quest for you to chose changing the storyline little by little compare to other peoples play thorugh. There are 5 differemt races to choose from: charr (lion beast looking race), human, norn (bigger version of human), asura (tiny midget race) and some plant looking race that I dont remember the name of. Each of the race has different story line and this goves so much replay values which I cannot find in other mmos. It mmo yet feels like a good singleplayer rpg games like skyrim. I will not go deep in to world vs world and pvps but those are hell lot of fun to its great pve gameplay....must have game for anyone calls themself gamers Expand
  48. Jun 7, 2013
    I have been playing the original Guild Wars for 6 years. When I first started playing GW2 on launch day, I was disappointed to see many of the features I enjoyed in GW1 were changed, e.g. I can no longer build my skills from a pool of 100+ skills, neither can I acquire a specific skill from killing a specific boss, and teleporting is not free anymore.

However, I soon realized many of

However, I soon realized many of the skills in GW2 are interesting and actually take some practice to maximize their potentials. Not to mention to pull off a series of combo and/or cross-profession combo.

Other than that, the combat animation is fluid and smooth, the trading system is superb, environment is artistically crafted and the dialogues and interactions between NPCs make the world lively.
  49. Sep 6, 2013
    I’ve played a lot of MMO’s in my time as they are the main type of game genre I play. I got Guild Wars 2 upon launch just over a year ago now and I still play it today. The game for me in short is a master peace as it still has that wow factor for me even now. It really mixes up a lot of the old fashion MMO formulas and improves on them. Combat is fun and engaging, questing is interestingI’ve played a lot of MMO’s in my time as they are the main type of game genre I play. I got Guild Wars 2 upon launch just over a year ago now and I still play it today. The game for me in short is a master peace as it still has that wow factor for me even now. It really mixes up a lot of the old fashion MMO formulas and improves on them. Combat is fun and engaging, questing is interesting making you always wanting to do one more thing before logging off. PVP is fun and has a great changing player community. Visually maybe not the best looking MMO but defiantly in the top 3 as its art style is absolutely beautiful. The game is also updated approximately every 20 days with new content, this is a good thing but some may not like it. Updating every 20 days brings some new things to do keeping the game feeling fresh but they are not large patches like other MMO updates. This to some may feel that the changes are not enough however for me I enjoy it. I rather have small changing addressing issues and adding new contact faster then waiting for months for an update to add big content or fix issues.

The community is friendly and I’ve never had an issue finding or meeting new people to do stuff with, defiantly one of the best mmo communities out there. Guild Wars 2 is a buy it once with no monthly fees to pay after, however there are alternatives to support the game through micro transactions. Before you think it’s a pay to win I’m here to tell you it’s not, the items found in the store are visual changes or convenience items and are not required to buy. The music is fantastic and Jeremy Soule really does a great job of capturing the lore of the game and adding to the atmosphere. The controls are great and I love the way the abilities are done. You have 10 abilities you can have equipped plus the option to swap weapons on the fly witch will change you abilities, however it goes way deeper then that. Each class can you almost use every weapon in the game giving you assess to a wide range of abilities. Further you can dual wield but not only the same weapon, for example as a thief I may have a dagger equipped in my main hand with a pistol in my off hand. I know it may sound confusing but once you play it, it just makes sense and its easy making it very difficult to go back to a mmo that is so strait and narrow with weapons. Combat is very fun and you have the ability to roll/dodge out of the way in real time to incoming attacks so it make combat more engaging no more standing there just watching animations of state only based combat play out. Crafting is fun and well organized as in your bank, each item has a place and a category making it easy to find things you have or items you need to get. Once you have the items crafting is fast and easy no more sitting though long animations doing nothing just craft it and you done.

In closing Guild Wars 2 ranks for me either 1st or 2nd as far as my favorite mmo’s of all time. It’s a great mmo an industry changer in my eyes that will not be for everyone however if your looking for a fun innovative new look at mmo’s it’s only been a year since release get in on it now and enjoy.
  50. Sep 14, 2013
    Best MMO of 2012 for me. This game's worth downloading. I have really enjoyed the gameplay of this game. The graphical details in this game is above any other MMO. I love all those powerstyles. Those power effects are well programmed. There's almost no glitches. The game runs smoothly. It clearly deserves a rating of 10.
  51. May 2, 2015
    Guild Wars 2 lights me up everytime when I do dungeons and fractals of the mist, when I do world events like Tequatl and Triple Trouble and when I open chests.
  52. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is one of the most beautiful I have played, includes such features as armor recoloring anywhere for FREE, tho some dyes have to be found or purchased.

Leveling is not a chore, you just run around having fun and gain levels without any real grind, the leveling isn't fast its just FUN! The only reason i don't give this game 9/10 is that i couldn't find anything to keep me

The only reason i don't give this game 9/10 is that i couldn't find anything to keep me playing, it didn't have an addiction for me, i still play it on occasion just to walk around and enjoy the beautiful world.
  53. Oct 29, 2013
    Warning: Long Reading
    Warning: Long Reading
    Guild Wars 2 is a well thought out MMORPG. The game is a "Buy once, no monthly fees". The engine of the game is really good and its community is even better. The game encourages players to take change and be nice to other players. Players don't need to be in a group to do stuff together as all players will get their own reward. Also, you know how most MMOs have you being super overpowered if you're in low level areas? In Guild Wars 2, you are sort of still powerful, however, you are a lot more equal to other players in that area, to prevent annoying players coming around and stealing a kill before you can even hit them. The choice of weapons on your character always changes, example would be wielding a Greatsword, you would get certain skills, then you change to a Sword or Staff, you get a completely different skill sent making very few players the same. The game also allows you to choose traits, which are like special skill points in other MMOs, not to mention you can choose many other "utility" skills. The World vs World system is very good too and the PvP is amazing. The crafting in the game is extremely unique though kind of boring to watch. As you create and item, you speed up the crafting depending on how many you craft. Example would be Iron Ingots, 1 taking about 10 seconds, and once you hit 10 Ingots, it's almost instant, making crafting fast and easy. You then got the PvE style of the game. You have not quests, but instead "events". Events are worldly problems in the game where you can choose to partake in it and get rewards, or even skip it. No matter what happens, almost every event affects the area around you, such as Centaurs have taken a town and now attacking another, or players/NPCs have started an assault on a boss or a camp or town or whatever. The game even has Dungeons where you have to do the Story first, then you can do the Exploration version of it. Making dungeons twice as fun, along with different paths you can take with it. What makes Guild Wars 2 even more fun is the fact you can have your very own story, making players not having the same stories as other player, though it can happen. Other players can also join your story (if they are the required level) if you're in a party with them. There is really nothing you can't do in Guild Wars 2, besides wearing armor that is either higher or lower than what you can wear, or wield certain weapons. The money of the game is also great, with a patch a month or 2 ago, you share money with all of your characters, and certain Dungeon rewards and Karma (Another Currency). You can even trade in Gold for Gems, which is the Real World Money currency of Guild Wars 2, making it an alternative source than actually going and buy about 2000 Gems for $20 or so.
  54. Nov 9, 2013
    This game might seem hard and not as fun when you are starting out. But what game doesnt do that. once you get in a guild and start getting really involved with your guild and WvW it becomes the most time consuming addictive game ever.
  55. Dec 2, 2013
    A great game, well deserved of the 10 points. It has gone through many changes since it first was launched and it is now more entriguing than ever before. Check it out.
  56. May 19, 2014
    Guild Wars 2 is a fantastic Improvement from the first ''Guild Wars'', Its better then TOR, World of Warcraft and TERA, Lord of the rings online and more, they've made a brilliant decision on the games Gameplay and duel-wielding is personally my favorite thing to do, the duel-wielding feels brilliantly done, and the graphics are truly beautiful and stunningly detailed, but the bad thingGuild Wars 2 is a fantastic Improvement from the first ''Guild Wars'', Its better then TOR, World of Warcraft and TERA, Lord of the rings online and more, they've made a brilliant decision on the games Gameplay and duel-wielding is personally my favorite thing to do, the duel-wielding feels brilliantly done, and the graphics are truly beautiful and stunningly detailed, but the bad thing about this game is the ''PVP'' - It normally takes hours just to get into a game which is a big problem, personally I don't go to play any ''PVP'', but that's mainly because I gave it up as waiting too long is annoyingly silly... Expand
  57. Feb 9, 2015
    A Completionists' and Adventurers' paradise. It's not only the best MMO per dollar, but the most detailed and magnificent world I have ever been a part of. It's a go anywhere, do anything type of game. Level up's don't really constrict you as you can gain experience from everything and anywhere. People are friendly and it's open party system keeps people interested in helping orA Completionists' and Adventurers' paradise. It's not only the best MMO per dollar, but the most detailed and magnificent world I have ever been a part of. It's a go anywhere, do anything type of game. Level up's don't really constrict you as you can gain experience from everything and anywhere. People are friendly and it's open party system keeps people interested in helping or resurrecting strangers.

Every time I put down this game and pick it up again, I find myself asking the same question. Why the hell did I stop playing this?

Down side? People don't like weapon skills. It has a long range of character customization but it mostly always boils down to what weapon you want to use. I personally can't stand using anything but dual daggers/pistols on my rogue.

9.5/10
  58. Jan 29, 2015
    Guild Wars... the counter part of World of Warcraft.
    I have played Guild Wars 1 since Factions came out (1st expansion) and loved it till the end.
    And in the months before the release of Guild Wars 2 it became clear to me that I had to have it as well. I have played this game a lot (I have 10 characters) and loved it. Gameplay The gameplay is unique, it's the first in it's kind
    Guild Wars... the counter part of World of Warcraft.

I have played this game a lot (I have 10 characters) and loved it.

Gameplay
    The gameplay is unique, it's the first in it's kind and it's grand!

Starting off the combat alone is smooth and thrilling. Spells/skills you use look amazing and feel great!
    The dodging and running around in combat feels natural and gives you a lot of freedom. I found this feature the best of the combat system, because it makes it more dynamic and gives you the feeling you are REALLY fighting!

Then there's the environmental jumping puzzles, which are fun to do but sometimes frustrating as well.
    In some occasions jumps are nearly impossible to get due to camera clipping in low caves or delay in pressing the button and doing the action.
    Otherwise, it is a creative feature that more games could use!

You also get the drive to explore on each map you go to, every corner holds something new and exciting.
    The dynamic events are surprising, but boring after a while, because you can time them.
    So there should be more dynamic events that occur random, not on certain times.

Dungeons and mechanics are really cool as well, only the same thing happens as with the story.. the dungeon stories get boring.
    Some dungeons remain challenging (the last one for instance and Fractals of the Mists), but I think overall the dungeon balance is cool.

The looting system however is not rewarding at all. Chances that you loot something good looking (for stats are all the same) are not great. As are the tokens you get from dungeons. It's alright to get less tokens when repeating the same dungeon, but the amount of tokens you need for... a skin. Is too much...

Story
    Racial and personal stories are cool and thought through very well, although if you have so many characters like I did... you eventually start to get bored of the stories and it starts to feel like a grind.

Same goes for the dungeons, although some are hard enough to still be challenging after a while (just like Fractals).

Graphics & Audio
    The graphics are great, skills look really good and are easy to spot from one another.
    Every single map urges you to explore it, thus showing it's great beauty.
    And then there's the audio, music recorded with a real orchestra sounds amazing and brings a positive atmosphere into the game.

Skill sounds, voices, etc. are destinct and neat.

Conclusion
    I love this game for it's smooth combat system, the dynamic and beautiful world and the community!
    Although it gets boring over time to repeat the dungeons and stories over and over again, it's good to see a new MMO RPG concept rise.

I'm curious about the expansion, which looks equally great so far!
  59. Oct 11, 2015
    This should be a standard for how MMOs are made.

*Note* I haven't really played PVP yet, and I have yet to find a suitable guild. so this will be from a mostly solo PVE experience. Pros: Encourages Cooperation rather than Competition. Everyone can loot the boss, everyone can loot the chest, everyone can mine the ore vein etc. Why isn't this a normal thing? SO much content. the /age
    This should be a standard for how MMOs are made.

Pros:
    SO much content. the /age command tells me I've logged almost 290 hours into it, and that's just solo PVE.
    It doesn't feel grindy. (until you start leveling up your other characters after exploring the entire map) And the pacing is very nice.
    Graphics as astounding, even on Medium settings it looks gorgeous.
    Huge explorable world
    Very clean UI
    Lots of customization options, what with dyes and such, and character customization is very in-depth
    Crafting is simple yet very rewarding
    Small conversations overheard between the town NPCs make the world feel alive
    Very, Very kind community. 90% of the people you will meet are willing to help, and I've had random people party up with me to sort of be a private tutor of sorts.
    No standard Trinity system (Healer, Tank, DPS) Every class can sort of do it, but of course, there are specializations.
    No Pay 2 win options whatsoever. Most microtransactions are cosmetic, and when they're not, they're 1 hour boosters for Exp, Magic find, etc.
    No subscription fee! Pay for it once and it's yours forever. I picked up the Heroic edition for 20$, and that was well worth it.
    Mosaic Art Style and animated cutscenes are beautiful
    Very fewFemale light armor appear "Slutty." The ones that do show some skin actually come off as more majestic/graceful/whatever

Cons:
    Certain character models need some work. Mainly with the Asura. The Shield just kinda floats on your arm.
    Story is meh. Dragon has a giant zombie army, so you have to stop him. that's pretty much it.
    The entire map you're given is not completely explorable. Crystal desert, Ring of Fire, mostly the corner areas are not accessible. Which is sad, because I really want to explore more.
    Armor doesn't get varied and "cool looking" until around level 30.
    Getting around via waypoints can get expensive, especially at the higher levels, when traveling to the closest waypoint costs 2 silver, and 10 silver for cross map.
  60. Aug 28, 2012
    I am genuinely happy that I won't meet the people writing '0' reviews.One good thing about the game is its awesome community, and those people are better left out of it.
    The game is purely awesome, the dynamic events are plenty and varied, you'll seldom get to do the same thing more than once in your standard map run. Crafting and exploring is quite rewarding and the landscape is very detailed, even having secret areas.
    The reason this game gets 9 is because it doesn't allow duels between players (not full free open world PvP, I mean invitations and such) but it could be added into the future.
  61. Aug 29, 2012
    Great game. Only problem at launch is the lag, they got more players than they expected obviously. And I've encountered a few bugs. But given that the game is just out, I'll let that pass. The design is excellent, love the atmosphere of the game. It's better than WoW in my opinion as a leveling game, but I've yet to experience the end-game content so this rating may change in the future.
  62. Aug 29, 2012
    I usually don't give things, 10's this game is an easy 9 though. The 10 is just too offset all the 0's. I really think metacritic should take the user rating system down.
  63. Aug 28, 2012
    This game is without a doubt the best MMORPG to date if it comes to leveling. Guild Wars 2 definitely raised the bar on this point with their excellent dynamic events and presenting 'quests' in a way that doesn't make it feel tedious. The graphics are great, the character customization is superb and the atmosphere is also phenomenal. It did basically everything right that SW:TOR did wrong.This game is without a doubt the best MMORPG to date if it comes to leveling. Guild Wars 2 definitely raised the bar on this point with their excellent dynamic events and presenting 'quests' in a way that doesn't make it feel tedious. The graphics are great, the character customization is superb and the atmosphere is also phenomenal. It did basically everything right that SW:TOR did wrong. However, for the lack of a PVE end-game (yes I know its a PVP based game but still) and the technical difficulties it experienced at launch I have to subtract 2 points. Therefor in my opinion GW2 is a solid 8 which is great for a new game in a market saturated with garbage. Expand
  64. Oct 3, 2012
    Fantastic game. If you sick and tired of boring copied wow clones then this game is for you. Excellent graphics, gameplay and best of all its B2P. This game is definitely gonna give **** Mop a run for its money.
  65. Aug 29, 2012
    What is there to say? It's a lovingly crafted, very fun game. There's constantly things to do and joys to find, and yet no monthly fee. Beautiful, engaging, often hilarious and full of wit. The devs are hard not to love for what they've created here.
  66. Sep 4, 2012
    I said prior that other titles had been the evolution of the MMORPG Genre' I am now sure that Guild Wars 2 is the start of the "Next Generation MMORPG" - Luckily it does not try to be too nudered down, something MMORPG's suffered from ever since the release of the Genre shifting (for the worse) release of World of Warcraft putting titles like Everquest, Ultima Online and Asherons Call asI said prior that other titles had been the evolution of the MMORPG Genre' I am now sure that Guild Wars 2 is the start of the "Next Generation MMORPG" - Luckily it does not try to be too nudered down, something MMORPG's suffered from ever since the release of the Genre shifting (for the worse) release of World of Warcraft putting titles like Everquest, Ultima Online and Asherons Call as relics of fond memory; any game attempting to be like them would fail - and any game attempting to be too much like WoW would fail.
    I Played the original Guild Wars at release like just about every other MMORPG looking for the next thing; and I "liked" it; but hated the use of instancing outside of city hubs; felt it to be over-all poor and figured the F2P design and lack of development funding in comparison to other companies may have been the cause and never touched it again - Thus I was not expecting much from Guild Wars 2.

What I received was an MMORPG that had Story Quests in the Vein of SWTOR but barely consume the game and feel like a "distraction" from everything else you do; The games questing system is basically endless Warhammer Online "Public Event" style quests; endless people are aiding in them and great XP is awarded - You do not have to be grouped to split XP - another feature that is so welcoming is say ORE Vein or a Tree to cut down; if 6 people rush at the same tree; the first person doesn't steal it from you - you each get your own harvest from it :) This is very convienent.

The combat system is near flawless in an MMORPG and the Graphics are Beautiful running on an SLI Geforce 680 GTX system with 16 gigs of ram and an 8 core AMD FX unlocked CPU - Everyone helps eachother out! you don't have to ask; you'll be revived; buffed; enemies killed with you as people run by (same XP) you gain XP for basically anything you do in the game which is also very very conveinent and refreshing.

The most NOSTALGIC and "Leap of Danger" that Guild Wars took with the game is the main PVP system; It's World versus World (3 worlds battling over 4 HUGE terriotories which feature many camps; towers; keeps and a main castle to capture, defend, retake etc along with Orbs of Power - This instantly reminded me of DARK AGE OF CAMELOT but on a LARGER SCALE!!! It's mind blowingly well done. The fighting struggle for territory never ends; and everyone scales up to level 80 still gaining XP from NPC enemies around the huge battleground; and from player kills (who also drop great loot!)

The other PVP option we also have around is "Mists" which are 5 different Server Based 16 player max, two team PVP Warzone/Battleground's in a "first to 500 point" style Capture objecctive warzone. No Level Up XP is gained through this mode and everyone has a preset level 80 template with all abilities unlocked (unlike regular world versus world which is level 80 with your gear scaling up along with the abilities you have unlocked thus far; but are able to continue to level up as it shows both your regular level then the scaled 80) --- In these warzones you get the PVP XP and level that up every level getting a treasure chest with PVP specific gear and it is a nice competetive breather; but takes the strategic world versus world PVP away.

Nothing like building siege weapons- or aiding in building them and controlling them to help smash down the gates of a castle and slaughter all the players coming out; with a frontal assault then a flank after they retaliate!

GW2 is the MMORPG TO GET!
  67. Oct 7, 2012
    This MMORPG has it all.
    Good combat system, good loot system, good crafting system with a bank implemented so you don't have to run around grabbing everything and the coming to the conclusion you took the wrong items.
    This MMORPG has it all.
    It's colorful warm graphics and cutscenes are just so well done. And the good part is: No monthly subs. You pay one time and bang you can play it without paying 12 euros every month.
    By the way... Why are you still reading this? Go buy the game it is better then your average grab a quest or go to bank, craft and fail etc MMORPG.
    Do it now!
  68. Dec 29, 2013
    This game sucked my life away, so many hour of my time have been put into this game. This game offers a plethora of replayability. There's the standard open world play and there's also personal stories. There are multiple races to chose from and customizable stories for each, ensuring a different play through each time.
    Teamwork is one of the biggest points in the game, most events cannot
    Teamwork is one of the biggest points in the game, most events cannot be completed without the help of other players. The use of guilds really brings this all together, the community's very tight knit and friendly making it very easy for beginners to hop in and learn.
  69. Dec 12, 2012
    I give a 10 to Guild Wars 2, not because this game is perfect, but because it's the best MMORPG in the world right now. In the years i tried a lot of MMORPG, and Guild Wars 2 is the only one that give me that feeling of "this is so fun to play!", not just that "OMG i need to grind 120345 more times to buy that sword, ARRRRRRR"
  70. Oct 5, 2012
    Guild Wars 2 is a wonderful game as it incorporates an innovative and completely new style to MMORPGs. The game has beautifully crafted environments and characters, an easy to pick up insanely hard to master combat style, fascinating lore with an intriguing storyline and an immersive, constantly changing world, there is never a time when you have nothing to do in Tyria. The community alsoGuild Wars 2 is a wonderful game as it incorporates an innovative and completely new style to MMORPGs. The game has beautifully crafted environments and characters, an easy to pick up insanely hard to master combat style, fascinating lore with an intriguing storyline and an immersive, constantly changing world, there is never a time when you have nothing to do in Tyria. The community also feels generally friendly, there aren't as many trolls and flamers compared to many other MMORPGs, although the massive number of gold sellers spamming chat is quite irritating. That being said Arenanet has taken a rather anti-gold-seller approach to Guild Wars 2 by making it so that in-game currency can be traded for paid currency. In Guild Wars 2 finding groups for dungeons is fairly quick even without a feature similar to WoW's dungeon finder because there is no 'holy trinity' in the game, most combinations of any 5 professions will work, I've even once run a hard mode dungeon as 5 necromancers. There have been a lot of worries about the lack of an endgame in Guild Wars 2 but many of these worries are unfounded, there is PLENTY of endgame content and it's pretty fun as well. In every boss fight it's never the lack of gear that kills you, it's the incredibly difficult mechanics or lack of a player's skill that kills you. Guild Wars 2 PvE endgame consists mostly of explorable mode or hard mode dungeons. The bosses in the dungeons themselves tend to drop pretty crappy gear, but when a player finishes a dungeon they are rewarded with tokens which are specific to that dungeon, these tokens are used to buy better gear that has looks that are based on the dungeon which the tokens were acquired from. Most explorable mode dungeons have 1 very challenging boss and the rest aren't too bad, but the challenging boss has the tendency to be REALLY DAMN CHALLENGING. That being said, all of these bosses can be overcome without too much difficulty as long as everyone in the team contributes and covers each others mistakes. It's not about being perfect so much as it is about minimizing the number of mistakes you make and helping teammates out when they screw up. Getting enough tokens to complete a full set of gear is quite a grind as each piece of gear requires quite a lot of tokens, some may argue that it's a bit too much of a grind, I'm inclined to agree especially since it can take up to 2 hours to complete an explorable mode dungeon on a PUG and you don't get an awful lot of tokens per run. Overall Guild Wars 2 may not be a perfect game but it is certainly an amazing game and it is the next step in the evolution of MMORPGs. Expand
  71. Oct 9, 2012
    Repetitive is something u should have expected. I'd play so many games, all looks repetitive, if u blame u need to push the same button in a game, please rethink noobs. I'd play COD and most of the time i clicked Left Mouse button for hours dude, opss kids. I'd played Starcraft 2, RE series, all using Left Mouse button mostly so stop blame repetitive on button. LoL
  72. Nov 24, 2012
    I am a casual gamer, and I love this game. I can play at whatever speed I choose with no sub. There a certain amount of gamers trying to sabotage this games ratings by saying that they have introduced grind with the new armour. While this is true, the armour is not essential to progressing in the game. It is a choice. So take no heed from the people who are rating it below 5. Unless theyI am a casual gamer, and I love this game. I can play at whatever speed I choose with no sub. There a certain amount of gamers trying to sabotage this games ratings by saying that they have introduced grind with the new armour. While this is true, the armour is not essential to progressing in the game. It is a choice. So take no heed from the people who are rating it below 5. Unless they have a truly valid point for not liking it. Expand
  73. Nov 26, 2012
    this is a great game the world events are great , the world vs world pvp is amazing and the crafting is probably the best in any mmo right now. But the questing is essentially the same thing as any other mmo whether its collecting things or killing things to complete a quest.
  74. Dec 15, 2012
    This game worth to be in the collection of the best games ever made ( if there is one). High quality graphics and sound help the game to be wonderfull. The gameplay is solid and the action of the game id very good. RPG elements work great and the players are nice and kind. ArenaNet helps you get better by aid you with the quests and writing GW2 Wiki Guide. The game is not so hard likeThis game worth to be in the collection of the best games ever made ( if there is one). High quality graphics and sound help the game to be wonderfull. The gameplay is solid and the action of the game id very good. RPG elements work great and the players are nice and kind. ArenaNet helps you get better by aid you with the quests and writing GW2 Wiki Guide. The game is not so hard like LOTRO ( not Pay2Win) and the character creation is fine. This should be the GOTY of 2012. Expand
  75. Aug 29, 2012
    The most immersive mmorpg i have ever played, having played wow and many f2p ones to name a few, Combat is amazing, "questing" (dynamic events, personal storyline) is something i look forward to, never rushed. Graphic and art style is beautiful and unique, sound is great although in game music is hard to notice at times. Engine is optimized heavilly, i can run the game at 110fps on mostlyThe most immersive mmorpg i have ever played, having played wow and many f2p ones to name a few, Combat is amazing, "questing" (dynamic events, personal storyline) is something i look forward to, never rushed. Graphic and art style is beautiful and unique, sound is great although in game music is hard to notice at times. Engine is optimized heavilly, i can run the game at 110fps on mostly high dropping to the lowest 25fps on huge world pvp battles (hundreds of players onscreen) on an average system. The wow-killer is here
    guy gw2 today
  76. Oct 3, 2012
    Guild Wars 2 is a fun game. The no subscription fee method allows players to play the game at their own pace. That's another plus. Wouldn't be surprised if Guild Wars 2 won the 2012 Best PC Game Award.
  77. Nov 6, 2012
    Certainly the best MMO launch of 2012. While I had a blast playing TERA and The Secret World, they can't compete with the fun I'm having with Guild Wars 2. While I must admit that the so-called PvE in the game is more or less just an "alibi" feature of the game it is still fun. It's really stimulating to finish the small tasks ("Hearts") for different people and stumble from event toCertainly the best MMO launch of 2012. While I had a blast playing TERA and The Secret World, they can't compete with the fun I'm having with Guild Wars 2. While I must admit that the so-called PvE in the game is more or less just an "alibi" feature of the game it is still fun. It's really stimulating to finish the small tasks ("Hearts") for different people and stumble from event to event. There are many things to collect that add up to daily and monthly tasks which, in the end, reward you with even more XP, Karma and other things.
    The only thing I'm missing is more PvE content (yes, I know, GW is supposed to be about PvP ;) )...but it's okay so far.
    Up until this, I would've given 10/10 nonetheless, but...here comes the stuff that I actually really don't like about GW2: The PvP. So far (11/06/12) the PvP is pretty much broken. Balancing is basically non-existent (Thieves and Mesmer kill everything using just two to three skills. One-hit-kills happen as well.) and there are certain class builds that are so ridiculously powerful that you barely see anything different. Plus, certain character combinations are more or less "indestructible" so if you're not playing one of the two "awesome" classes, you're gonna have a bad time.
    I hope they'll fix this soon. 8/10
  78. Nov 7, 2012
    This is a title that has something for everyone...well everyone except grief players. For the grief player, you are not invited. The game is more like an artists canvas that you manipulate. The graphics are simply beautiful, the races are very well done complete with histories, and the classes are perfect. When I say perfect, I truly mean that. You can play whatever you choose and not haveThis is a title that has something for everyone...well everyone except grief players. For the grief player, you are not invited. The game is more like an artists canvas that you manipulate. The graphics are simply beautiful, the races are very well done complete with histories, and the classes are perfect. When I say perfect, I truly mean that. You can play whatever you choose and not have to worry about waiting forever to find a pick up group that will let you in. If you want to group you can, or you can just adventure and help out where ever your ADD takes you. No monthly subscription nonsense, no grief players, and you have the freedom to play whomever you want and can still bring value to any group you happen to meet. There are so many more positives about the game it would be impossible to name them all. Suffice to say, If I could score this game higher than a 10, I would. Expand
  79. Dec 29, 2012
    First off I would like to say i have tried other mmos. played the wow starter edition thought it was very childish and combat was very boring. so then i bought the secret world when it became subsription less becasue i am very into all the illumanati templar stuff. was ok but the interface was kind of confusing and combat was meh but the story was pretty cool. i was at gamestop one dayFirst off I would like to say i have tried other mmos. played the wow starter edition thought it was very childish and combat was very boring. so then i bought the secret world when it became subsription less becasue i am very into all the illumanati templar stuff. was ok but the interface was kind of confusing and combat was meh but the story was pretty cool. i was at gamestop one day and a friend of a friend told me to try out guild wars 2. i bought it and have loved every minute of it. i dont rate games by anything other than fun factor becasue really thats all that matters and gw2 gets a ten. charachter creation is really neat and the world is beautiful. just the art direction and creativity is astounding. the combat is also very very fun. the cool thing is u can just be exploring and all f a sudden a random big event happens and you and a whole bunch of people just go do it gain gold and exp. overall very fun if you are thinking about getting this game you really should i cant see you not having a good time.

prepper out
  80. Oct 31, 2012
    I've been playing since release and everything I have to say about this game is good - I recommend it to my friends and get lost and immersed in Tyria for hours at a time. In GW2 you are dropped into the world without much of a hint as to what you are supposed to be doing. That's because the point in the game is just to go explore and have fun. There is a massive and immersive world outI've been playing since release and everything I have to say about this game is good - I recommend it to my friends and get lost and immersed in Tyria for hours at a time. In GW2 you are dropped into the world without much of a hint as to what you are supposed to be doing. That's because the point in the game is just to go explore and have fun. There is a massive and immersive world out there to enjoy and it's all breathtakingly beautiful. There are points of interest to visit, which when explored can often lead to secret jumping puzzles or hidden chests. There are breathtaking vistas to view and skill challenges to earn. All of these things can be challenging and puzzling at times. Levelling and gearing in this game almost seems secondary and you'll barely notice your levels flying up. There are two PvP modes, WvW and structured PvP (5v5 - 8v8 games). Both are very different things and I have found a lot of enjoyment in both. I recommend giving GW2 a chance because you just might LOVE it. Expand
  81. Mar 4, 2013
    Guild Wars 2 is... a splendid game. Whilst completing the main quest line and levelling up to level 80, I realized there is yet much to do...~~~For example, I had to level up my skills to level 400, and hunt for materials and ingredients which made my time as great. I found myself in LOVE with the dungeons, and the fact that ArenaNet releases updates in a large sum, not just smallGuild Wars 2 is... a splendid game. Whilst completing the main quest line and levelling up to level 80, I realized there is yet much to do...~~~For example, I had to level up my skills to level 400, and hunt for materials and ingredients which made my time as great. I found myself in LOVE with the dungeons, and the fact that ArenaNet releases updates in a large sum, not just small miniature maintenances etc... Completing the map was incredibly fun, and finding the vistas, completing the Local Heart quests, the randomly generated events which give me something to do, and the graphics that take me in. Now I never have to run around, bored, and thinking, "What should I do next? Sigh..." Graphical content is the least of what I care about, because games really aren't all about graphics, however their story, content, and available options is really what it's about. By the way, for you ArenaNet fans out there, many of the people who have completely disliked GW2 are brainwashed people coming from Blizzard that will absolutely hate ANY MMORPG game they think might overcome WoW. Also, may I like to say many of the hated reviews here are probably coming from people who just want to compare GW2 to their favorite MMO's. No, seriously, rating Guild Wars 2 requires raw, solid reviewing, not comparing products. -Utrex Expand
  82. Oct 10, 2012
    This game is awesome, got it as a gift (was going to buy it anyway but my birthday came first :P) I did not play GW1 but have played many other MMOs. Its true that it takes quite a bit from games like Warhammer online, but it takes the good and improves on it. It also introduces new ideas and concepts I haven't seen in other mmos. The game handles lag very well (I play from South Africa)This game is awesome, got it as a gift (was going to buy it anyway but my birthday came first :P) I did not play GW1 but have played many other MMOs. Its true that it takes quite a bit from games like Warhammer online, but it takes the good and improves on it. It also introduces new ideas and concepts I haven't seen in other mmos. The game handles lag very well (I play from South Africa) compared to games like WOW or Diablo 3. My only real complaint is the lack of proper learning content, its either not there or too boring to do. Its way more fun to just jump in and play like an idiot while you figure things out. I must say that this game is growing on me. The more I play the more fun it seems to get! Graphics are good, quests are fun, events are amazing, sounds are cool and personal quests add a fun single player element to the game(can be done multi, I like to single it). For those skeptical about the RM gem system, it is a little annoying but can be worked around, gems can be bought off ah with gold. 1 suggestion to A-net is please add more attacking animations haha Expand
  83. Nov 2, 2012
    Just pros and cons.
    < > Pros: < 1 > Stunningly effective design (visual, graphics and music) < 2 > Innovative and convinient gameplay (anyone should try it) < 3 > Playstyles of different classes are really different < 4 > Wide character customization < 5 > Live world with continuous events
    < > Cons: < 1 > Inexpressive storyline (especially the ending) < 2 > Annoying
    Just pros and cons.
    < > Cons: < 1 > Inexpressive storyline (especially the ending) < 2 > Annoying last locations (both design and mobs' behaviour) < 3 > Turmoil in dungeons due to "no tank, random aggro" mechanics < 4 > Lack of end-game motivation (after some level of familiarization the game becomes boring even without full progress achieved)
  84. Dec 15, 2013
    I am impressed. After putting some hours into it and understanding some of the basics. I think I have a good feel on most of the game. I like how the map layout is just so the way it is. Enemies are scattered all over the place and keep their distances for the most part. The automated leveling up on everything was a great idea but i think the player should choose if or not to. When you goI am impressed. After putting some hours into it and understanding some of the basics. I think I have a good feel on most of the game. I like how the map layout is just so the way it is. Enemies are scattered all over the place and keep their distances for the most part. The automated leveling up on everything was a great idea but i think the player should choose if or not to. When you go into a too high leveled area, the game will sometimes set the level right where it should be so its comfortable enough to sit back and level up all day long. I think 8/10 should do it. Good game. Expand
  85. Dec 15, 2012
    ArenaNet gave us the game I had been waiting a long time, without a healers, tanks and stereotype invented centuries ago. Game worth playing, some will love it others postpone the ledge.
  86. Feb 14, 2013
    Simply put, I like Guild Wars 2. I think GW2's graphics are impressive, the sound and music top notch, the environments are interesting, monster variety plentiful, crafting is useful, and the combat is fluid. At first I failed to make it past level 15 and quit for a bit (my initial excitement faded fast). I then decided to come back around Christmas and did the themed quest and various PvESimply put, I like Guild Wars 2. I think GW2's graphics are impressive, the sound and music top notch, the environments are interesting, monster variety plentiful, crafting is useful, and the combat is fluid. At first I failed to make it past level 15 and quit for a bit (my initial excitement faded fast). I then decided to come back around Christmas and did the themed quest and various PvE content. After a few days I became more interested in playing, but I could feel the old complaints creeping back in (lack of desire to invest time). Then I was invited into a active PvP World vs World based guild and that has made all the difference for me. I'm amazed at how being a member in an active and friendly guild can make normally mundane things fun. We've done class quest, fractals, normal content, and world vs world on a regular basis. Of course, there are flaws and some of the reviews express them well. However, I have come to appreciate GW2 regardless of my initially disinterest (perhaps more for the community rather than for the game itself). Expand
  87. Mar 31, 2013
    This game is like WoW just done right. There is no way to really summarize this game into 5,000 characters so I am simply going to say this. This is like all MMOs it is just 5,000 times better and more entertaining. And you don't have to pay a monthly fee!
  88. Jul 13, 2013
    GW2 tem sido de longe o melhor jogo de mmo que joguei (e joguei WoW desde o vanilla), sistema de combate muito interessante somado a uma customização perfeita de cada char, o jogo possui uma infinidade de builds com traits e o set de arma e os itens que se usa tornando o jogo único, tenho um warrior suporte que cura com estandartes e bufa com gritos de guerra, temos finalmente um RANGER,GW2 tem sido de longe o melhor jogo de mmo que joguei (e joguei WoW desde o vanilla), sistema de combate muito interessante somado a uma customização perfeita de cada char, o jogo possui uma infinidade de builds com traits e o set de arma e os itens que se usa tornando o jogo único, tenho um warrior suporte que cura com estandartes e bufa com gritos de guerra, temos finalmente um RANGER, capas de ser meele ou ranged, o jogo eh muito dinamico sem ser exaustivo, eventos massivos e muito bem trabalhados e um world PVP capas de remeter as guerras medievais de outrora (coisas como um cerco de 2 dias nos murros de um castelo), o único ponto fraco até agora o fato de o jogo não possuir raids (10-20 man) porem suas dungeons são muito boas e unicas, FINALMENTE um jogo que valorize o individual mais q o teoricraft, como não há tank healer dps, esqueça os gurus da interne e jogue. jogo muito bom, recomendo a todos que querem algo realmente inovador e que não trai as origens do MMO. Expand
  89. Dec 18, 2013
    Guild Wars 2 is gorgeous, very fun to play and definitely very different to the plethora of other MMO's out there. It is undoubtedly among the best. You are able to jump as well as swim, leading to very interesting ideas such as jumping puzzles and huge explorable underwater areas.

The cons: Skill simplicity and lack of customisation. This is especially apparent after having played

The cons:

Skill simplicity and lack of customisation. This is especially apparent after having played the original guild wars. Having your skillset predetermined by what weapon you are holding feels very restrictive, and ultimately you tire of always using the same skills. I understand that this was done to reduce complexity, but instead there should be a larger set of skills predetermined by your weapon, from within which you select what skills you would like to use. There doesn't have to be many, just enough to give you the freedom to choose your own play style.

Players who play more have access to better gear. This was not the case in the original guild wars, which rewarded extensive gameplay instead with better looking gear, rather than with superior stats.

The lack of skill customisation leads to PvP feeling somewhat restricted. You will immediately know most of the skills that your enemy is about to use against you based on their profession and weapon chioce.
  90. Sep 17, 2014
    Probably the best fantasy MMORPG at the moment. Very robust, well designed and bug free. Full of events and dynamic content. Frequent free content expansions. Great community. Lots and lots of end game content.

I miss being able to select skills freely. The system where you have a fixed set of skills depending on what weapon you wield is boring imho. But you have other ways to create a "build", and even if the game is designed to suit casual players, it is also possible to spend a lot of time perfecting your gear, skills and strategy if you want.

The economy is just like any standard MMO. It is mostly NPC based, and crafting is pretty useless. All good gear comes from grinding boss mobs, dungeons, events or the mystic forge.

A really good feature for casual players is the level equalization. The level difference between you and your friends does not matter very much. You can still play together and get roughly the same challenge and rewards fitting your respective levels.
  91. Aug 28, 2012
    I've played to 30 twice now, once in the beta and now once at launch, I enjoyed beta because it was less chaotic. Here are my opinions.

I'll start with PvP because that'll be shortest, I don't PvP much in MMOs. I did find it enjoyable though, it's more than just spam your keys, but 8v8 can and will turn into a **** Anyone who takes PvP seriously should try 5v5, the maps are DESIGNED for 5v5. WvWvW is fun too, but can become a zerg, even if you don't want to zerg you'll find yourself following it, I know that actually splitting up is better and I hope people actually start to split up.

I've played PvE a lot more though.
    I really like the DE system, makes the world feel alive and is MUCH MUCH more fun than going to X, killing Y and returning, damn even if babies think "Well you still gotta kill things, it's the same!", it really isn't, you have to look at the big picture. My only issue is some of them respawn too quickly.
    Exploration is rewarding, while there's POIs and vistas, some you actually gotta look for, and I actually want to look for them, it's fun, sometimes you get carried away and get lost, more games need to do this.
    Some people are upset about the skill system, but I disagree, I enjoy having all my abilities at once. (By the way, there are builds still, people don't realize this because they probably haven't unlocked traits and most skills". Eventually you start to learn how to play your weapon, it makes a lot of classes play different, a sword mesmer and a greatsword mesmer plays very different. My real only issue was how slow EXP can come in, people can rush, and some people can go really slow, it's all based on time, if there's dynamic events going on, etc.
  92. Nov 14, 2012
    Why the hate, haters? I haven't played Guild Wars 1 before, but I've played Guild Wars 2! Gameplay is amazing and there is NO monthly fee! Money well spent!
  93. Nov 21, 2012
    edit 70 hours of gameplay one warrior lvl 48 and map completed to 25%; after the first two weeks of intense play I found myself playing GW2 really casual and even if i stop tomorrow, the price of the game is money well spent. Advice do not expect to find a WoW clone because the two games are very different in everything from PvE to PvP.
  94. Sep 14, 2012
    Guild Wars 2 is awesome, it was more than I could expect. The game is fantastic and I really love all the beautiful details... the quality is way above any other MMO I've played. The personal story is intriguing and you can't stop playing.
  95. Oct 27, 2012
    To sum up - GW2 is a fantastic and fun game that I have truly enjoyed in an exploratory and exciting way, something I haven't done in ~7 years.

I spent a good part of 6 years playing WoW after first playing Guild Wars original for a year or so, then on and off after that point. I've played several other MMOs but none of them ever really came close to WoW or original Guild Wars as far as I'm concerned.

GW2 has fresh and exciting ways of exploring and traversing the deep and detailed world. For once, an MMO has left the decision "How should I play the game" to the player, rather than boxing them in to stale and linear PvE experiences. As I'm still leveling, I don't know what end game will be like but GW2 definitely deserves a 9 even if end game is crap, considering just how awesome the leveling experience is.
  96. Oct 5, 2012
    A great well rounded and well polished new MMO. 8 distinctive classes that all have their own feel and play style. Some great improvements to the MMORPG genre without trying to change what isn't broken.
    Just like GW1, there is no subscription. Unlike many other MMOs out there where you're paying a monthly fee and getting very little for that fee, GW2 gives excellent value for the box price. I really don't think I could go back to standard MMO static combat that other titles in the genre seem content to offer. Combat in GW2 is a lot more fluid and active. Broker/AH/Trade Post is also the best I've seen in an MMO to date, not without flaws, but it's game wide, not limited by listing durations and you can set buy prices for items you're looking for.
    Only thing I personally miss is raiding, some challenge PVE wise to bring players together to overcome. WvW just doesn't do it for me, fun sure, but not in the same routine way that raiding was in the older generation MMOs.
  97. Dec 6, 2012
    This game just suits me perfectly, being an MMO with a beautiful, hand-crafted world containing enjoyable PvE for smaller groups and the lack of a gear treadmill. SPvP is easy to jump into having all the necessary equipment at one's disposal, and WvWvW always interests me.
  98. Nov 16, 2012
    First of all, I am not a fanboy of World of Warcraft or Guild Wars, this review is based only on my overall opinion on Guild Wars 2.
    ---
    Overall: excellent game, ArenaNet really showed everyone else how a true MMO must be made. If you have money for it and you like MMO's (and even if you don't, but you want to try something new), buy it! 10/10. Brilliant. --- This game is hilarious,
    ---
    This game is hilarious, whether you play alone or with your friends. High fantasy setting can be felt actually, with so many things happening around you. Roleplaying part of the game is also great, as you can even write personal story to your character! Yes, yes, your own personal story! If you wish, you can complete plot missions to advance your character in the world, he is the part of it. Not a player's puppet, but a character with his own characteristics which can be set by you! Combat is great, also. Making combinations with players is also a nice way to make the game more social-specialized. However, there are few things that I don't like in the game: for example lack of trading option. There's much more to tell about this game, like no unholy-trinity system in dungeons and interesting crafting system, but it's way too hard to describe everything about Guild Wars 2, as it's too massive and great!
  99. Dec 15, 2012
    This game is absolute gold! The storyline is very well done and it allows you to make countless decisions as you play which will change your storyline and whilst at the end of it all you will get the same ending if you decide to play through the story with a different character you will experience huge variety from your first playthrough as the decisions you make enable you to playThis game is absolute gold! The storyline is very well done and it allows you to make countless decisions as you play which will change your storyline and whilst at the end of it all you will get the same ending if you decide to play through the story with a different character you will experience huge variety from your first playthrough as the decisions you make enable you to play completely different missions. The eight classes offer up countless different strategies and dungeoneering is even more fun as you can jump in with any other people instead of having to wait for the other members of the holy trinity. The PvP is great fun but with only one game mode as of yet but with many different maps. There are whole new events out each month such as halloween christmas etc. each updte being about 1/2gb to 1gb each as so much is added Expand
  100. Jan 15, 2013
    Perfect game for casual players. That doesn't mean hardcore players can't play it. But it's fun, it's not hard to lv up (everything u do, EVERYTHING gives you exp), many people complain it's hard to lv up yet they haven't played the game for more than a couple of days. You'll reach 80 even before you know it, and you'll feel like there's still so much left to do.
    Yes, some people may not
    Yes, some people may not agree or like the game, but people that give this game a 0 are just haters... Only thing that I feel it's missing is a normal pvp or duel mode on the pve environment, or even a pk mode, as the pve world is just too nice and peaceful, sometimes you feel like you need some "bad guys" that are not just npcs. But even then, the WvWvW is really fun, you don't even need to join the zergs... sometimes you can just wander around the maps and you may even find a chance to 1 on 1 or at least fight with smaller groups of people.

1. PC Master (Greece)