• Publisher: NCSOFT
  • Release Date: Aug 28, 2012
7.9

1. Sep 4, 2012
    I am not a big MMO fan. I did play Age of Conan and LOTRO for about a year... but they could not keep my attention. The reason: some quests require a party. I don't play enough to join a guild; I just want to jump in for 30-60 mins and have fun. I have played GW2 for about 10 hours and have not had to join up with anyone. I can essentially play the game solo with group events occuringI am not a big MMO fan. I did play Age of Conan and LOTRO for about a year... but they could not keep my attention. The reason: some quests require a party. I don't play enough to join a guild; I just want to jump in for 30-60 mins and have fun. I have played GW2 for about 10 hours and have not had to join up with anyone. I can essentially play the game solo with group events occuring randomly... no need to "get organized". I really like this approach that caters to my class of gamer. Now, how well this works in high level zones with smaller populations remains to be seen... but for now I'm very pleased with my $60 purchase. Expand
  2. Sep 9, 2012
    This game is NEXT LEVEL. Absolutely fantastic graphics, gameplay, everything....You can tell the devs really paid attention to detail, it's the little things like auction from your backpack, instant mail, the robust travel system, the list goes on and on and on. This is an MMO milestone!!! If you like MMO's you will love this game!
  3. Sep 13, 2012
    Seriously the most innovative MMO.

Any low reviews are people with out-dated computers, WoW fanboys or outright Blizzard employees.

There is NOTHING bad about this game.
  4. Sep 14, 2012
    Guild Wars 2 is awesome, it was more than I could expect. The game is fantastic and I really love all the beautiful details... the quality is way above any other MMO I've played. The personal story is intriguing and you can't stop playing.
  5. Sep 17, 2012
    The game is astonishing, I have played WoW for 6 years and every other MMO I haven't even bothered to try, all of them have been the same. Finally a game breaks the mold. I quit WoW almost a year ago now (DS my final raid after raiding everything since Vanilla). I won't sit and explain what most of the critics have already said, suffice to say, even if you don't like RPG's or MMO's, giveThe game is astonishing, I have played WoW for 6 years and every other MMO I haven't even bothered to try, all of them have been the same. Finally a game breaks the mold. I quit WoW almost a year ago now (DS my final raid after raiding everything since Vanilla). I won't sit and explain what most of the critics have already said, suffice to say, even if you don't like RPG's or MMO's, give the game a go, it has something for everyone. Expand
  6. Sep 20, 2012
    The only problems I have with this title are the dungeons are a annoying, everything is a boss it seems and there are a lot of them. The rewards are, generally speaking useless and when they are good, it's not for your class. But I don't dungeon much. The other is that rewards seems to be on the weak side of things, specifically the loot. WvW - it's a blast, I love it! Overall, outstandingThe only problems I have with this title are the dungeons are a annoying, everything is a boss it seems and there are a lot of them. The rewards are, generally speaking useless and when they are good, it's not for your class. But I don't dungeon much. The other is that rewards seems to be on the weak side of things, specifically the loot. WvW - it's a blast, I love it! Overall, outstanding title I intend on playing for years to come. Expand
  7. Sep 21, 2012
    great game, great graphics, not too happy that sPvP is seperate from the main game, I guess there is WvW for that. on that note, WvW brings back the good old memories of RvR from DAOC.
  8. Sep 21, 2012
    Phenomenal game. It removes a lot of the things I hate about MMOs (monthly fee, gear grinds, pointless time sinks, the holy trinity of classes) and adds a bunch of great things (rewards for exploration, jumping puzzles, dynamic combat, branching story lines, "open" quests). There's a lot of value here for $60.
  9. Sep 28, 2012
    The amount of stories that are available is amazing. The game has so much replay value. I am definitely getting my $60 out of the game. The game is huge and i feel like i will never finish it. I have had the game for 2-3 weeks and i am level 37 and have no intention on quitting now. (having friends with you is a great way to enjoy the game more.)
  10. Sep 29, 2012
    This game is genre defining. It really sets the bar for everything coming up next. The quest system is fantastic, unlike any other mmorpg on the market, the classes are filled with possibilities and you never feel trapped into a system or "cookie cutter builds" that degrade the experience. Not to mention the great graphics, incredible soundtrack, colourful characters filled withThis game is genre defining. It really sets the bar for everything coming up next. The quest system is fantastic, unlike any other mmorpg on the market, the classes are filled with possibilities and you never feel trapped into a system or "cookie cutter builds" that degrade the experience. Not to mention the great graphics, incredible soundtrack, colourful characters filled with personality, giant dragons to lay down... I know it may sound childish, but this game is full of win. This was the MMO we've all been waiting for. If you haven't played it yet, just go and get it. Expand
  11. Oct 2, 2012
    The game is brilliant. Contains action,exploring,pvp and group events. The idea of World Events is just great. The leveling is fun and its not boring and monotonic. There are various types of quests.From gathering through killing escorting and ending on defending certain points. The mechanics of the game are great.Combo mechanism really kicks the fun up. The trading system is awesomeThe game is brilliant. Contains action,exploring,pvp and group events. The idea of World Events is just great. The leveling is fun and its not boring and monotonic. There are various types of quests.From gathering through killing escorting and ending on defending certain points. The mechanics of the game are great.Combo mechanism really kicks the fun up. The trading system is awesome because you can trade while questing and doin your stuff. You dont have to run to Auction house or something. You just trade as you go and then pick your money or stuff at Trade Post. Pvp is also big part of the game and is ballanced. Additionally building siege weapons and team playing really makes the pvp hot. This game is not just for solo play. Bigger fun is when you co-operate with other ppl,make events together and work in guilds.
    Awesome game
  12. Oct 6, 2012
    Best MMO. I can't wait until another MMO improves on the direction this game has. From pvp to wvwvw to the story mode or just running out in to the wilds and bumping in to an engaging event. There is no right way to play this game. It is at your own pace and however you want to. I'm giving it a 10 for being the best there is right now. It is probably what vanilla WoW would haveBest MMO. I can't wait until another MMO improves on the direction this game has. From pvp to wvwvw to the story mode or just running out in to the wilds and bumping in to an engaging event. There is no right way to play this game. It is at your own pace and however you want to. I'm giving it a 10 for being the best there is right now. It is probably what vanilla WoW would have wanted to be before Blizz got high on cash cow subs and stopped caring about a good product. There isn't a thing I hate about GW2. Expand
  13. Oct 16, 2012
    /age : You have played 242 hours played across all characters.

/age : You have played 242 hours played across all characters.

My first "mmo" was the original Guild Wars, I loved it from the first moment I started playing and I continued to play it for almost 5 years. When I started to loose interest in GW I tried out other mmo's but none could capture my interest long enough to warrant a subscription beyond the second month. Among them: WoW, Lotro, Conan, Tabula Rasa, Rift.
    I came to a decision then to ignore subscription based mmo's as I really hated the feeling that I was wasting my money when I was not playing.

I tried GW2 first during the beta weekends, I was shocked to see how different it felt from the original GW and I must admit it did not convince me at first, it felt more like the other "classic" mmo's and I felt overwhelmed by all the content and lost, unsure what to do or what was happening.
    Still, I put my trust in the dev team that brought me the original GW which I loved so much, closed my eyes and pushed that prepurchase button.
    When the game launched I took 2 weeks off from work to indulge in some good old gaming marathon (much more modest now since the wife and the baby ;-) ).

It took me about 3-4 days learning to play the game, starting from running around like a headless chicken, rolling from one event to the next. Once I understood the basics of the game and the various reward systems it all fell in place for me, my trust in the dev team paid off. Now I am completely hooked, for the first time in 5 years I am again completely hooked to a game.

things I like
    - the distinct pve areas, each with it's own setting (forest, snowy, desert,..) it's own story and special events
    - the downleveling makes it possible to enjoy lower level area's as they were meant to be played
    - dynamic events encourages players to fight together, a nice change in pace for someone like me who normally plays solo
    - trading post/auction house, gem system, you never need to buy gems with real money because you can buy it with ingame earned gold, buying and selling is simplicity - ingame goals: maxing out titles, level, crafting skills, daily achievements, monthly achievements, exploring (vista's, points of interests)
    - WvWvW, still a noob here but very thrilling, it's is basically the same as the pve areas, only there are enemy players of 2 other servers fighting in the same map, the maps are almost as big as the pve area's filled with all the same challenges (vista's, poi's, harvesting, quests and events,..) but also towers and keeps controlled by player factions that can be fortified and repaired and of course captured. You enter with your own gear but your level is boosted to max level in order to give you a fighting chance. - crafting and discovering new recipes (you will have to buy ingredients from the trading post if you don't want to grind harvesting jute, copper,...), the chef makes consumables that can be used to give time limited buffs, the tailor (and others) can make bigger bags...
    - personal story: changes by race and choices made ingame, plenty of variety to make each story different things I haven't tried yet
    - dungeons
    - guilds
    - structured PvP
    - high level (70+) areas

My current main is a level 67 guardian with 62% map completion.
    My ranger is played to become a survivor, currently level 22 and going (slowly)
    My mesmer is played to become max crafter in everything (and so also become a survivor) and sits permanently in Lion's Arch next to the mystic forge
    My engineer was the first character I made and is currently waiting for my attention stuck at level 42.
    My warrior, elementalist, necromancer and thief are still in their starting area's neglected for the moment.

Seeing how Arenanet supported the original GW, the enhancements that were added over the years, the special holiday events, I expect the same support for GW2 and I see myself enjoying at least the next 5 years playing GW2.
  14. Dec 5, 2012
    I am a huge MMOrpg player and played Guild Wars, when the beta was announced I went to get in on that, Played the beta and am currently playing the game. There have been a lot of claims, hype, rumors, and promises from this game. My favorite promise they made was it will not be a grind... Sorry but the game is just that one huge grind, Wait let me finish, while the game is based onI am a huge MMOrpg player and played Guild Wars, when the beta was announced I went to get in on that, Played the beta and am currently playing the game. There have been a lot of claims, hype, rumors, and promises from this game. My favorite promise they made was it will not be a grind... Sorry but the game is just that one huge grind, Wait let me finish, while the game is based on grinding you level so fast and things happen at a quick pace that most will not notice it. Speaking of leveling, it is so fast and easy that it might make your head spin. On average you can level once per hour with no problem all the way to 80, The problem is you want to stop and look at stuff, because the game is quite amazing to look at. The graphics are extremely tight and amazing, even on medium settings, on the lowest graphic settings thats when you kinda say ehh there ok but its very hard to tell the difference between medium and High.

They didn't quite live up to everything they said they would but they came very close, One word of caution here there are many bugs, and they are still tweeking the game. Which are causing many of the problems players are complaining about, I bring this up since at this time the game is just about 3 to 4 months old things should level out around 5-6 months since this is the find and remove stage of when a game comes out every Big MMo that comes out has this even WoW did. So if your looking for a great MMO this is it though you may want to wait till the bugs are gone.
  15. Dec 2, 2014
    After about 2 years, this is my second review of this game, since I stopped playing GW2 for over a year and have started playing again recently. My score remains the same though, and here is why.

First off, regarding the negative reviews here - people are entitled to their opinion, and I would never criticize anyone for not liking this MMO because this game does not cater to everyone's tastes (but what game does, anyway...). But I would like to address a few points that were made:

- Not enough content: This often comes from players who have spent many hundred hours, some even over 1000 hours in the game. I would challenge anyone playing any game for such an extended period and still find it challenging, interesting, refreshing... there comes a point at which you will be finished with a game, and clearly some people have reached that point. I doubt they would have kept playing for this long if they hated it so much?

I'm maybe not your typical MMO player as I do tend to take things slowly, but just for comparison, I've played GW2 in total for around 450 hours now. I have 2 characters on lvl 80 plus some alts around lvl 55, and my main has just around 58% map completion. My other characters are hovering around the 25% mark. I know for myself that I will be striving for map completion on my main, but it's gonna take me a long time, and the one thing I can never complain about is lack of content. I do have a RL and I play a lot of other games, and if anything GW2 has too much content for me! I feel I'll never be able to see it all.

- Poor customer support: Some complaints were made about the lack of a phone number. Most gaming companies don't provide phone support, and for good reason, as it's often much easier to get customers to provide proper details in a written support ticket. ArenaNet do provide individual customer support, it's right there in their support section with an online ticket submit form. Their replies are prompt, professional and reasonable - we have had a support request which was dealt with in a more than satisfactory manner. I'm sure this was not just a lucky exception.

- GemStore: Yes ArenaNet promote spending money on the game. And yes, I have done so - I've bought bank slots, a character slot and a few other things I did not REALLY need. But, and it's a HUGE but - there is no subscription charge. Compared to other MMOs of equal quality, GW2 still works out much cheaper for me, without the choke of a subscription around my neck. Anyone expecting free content updates forever either doesn't respect the right of developers to gain an income for their hard work, or has no idea about financial realities in the business world.

I won't repeat what I wrote in my first review, because none of my old opinions have changed much. But I have to say that if anything, the game has become even better and richer since back then. The new meta-servers did introduce some lag issues but more recently, I have not encountered any lag any more. Whatever the cause was, it has been worked on. The meta-servers did enrich gameplay though, as you always will find people playing near you, and the game mechanics are such that this enhances your experience massively. You are encouraged to help each other all the time, and this leads to a very pleasant user community with practically zero toxicity - compare that to LoL if you wish!

TL;DR: After over 2 years and a long break, I'm still having a ton of fun in GW2 and I know I will enjoy this game for a long time to come. It's a cracker, and quite unique in the MMO market due to some revolutionary gameplay concepts. It may not appeal to everybody, but its production values and gorgeous scenery and art direction are undeniably there and speak for themselves.
  16. Jan 20, 2013
    Best MMO of our times. Seriously, you start the game and...relax. No repetitive content, no grind. If somebody does something like it - that's just because he likes it, not because he has to do it to get super-uber-gear-sword-pants. Tons of good brand new ideas. No subscription - unlimited fun.
  17. Jul 30, 2013
    This MMO is the best out of every single one. I logged alot of hours in this game and I just love the secrets puzzles and the BOSS FIGHTS. HAVE YOU SEEN THESE DRAGONS IN ANY OTHER GAMES NO! They are the best boss fights I have encountered. Guild Wars 2 is easily a 10/10
  18. Nov 9, 2013
    This game might seem hard and not as fun when you are starting out. But what game doesnt do that. once you get in a guild and start getting really involved with your guild and WvW it becomes the most time consuming addictive game ever.
  19. Nov 27, 2013
    Best mmorpg out there to date. Graphics are stellar the gameplay is smooth and entertaining the old boring questing system is done. There is 0 reasons to pay monthly for a game when something like this is out there.
  20. Feb 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Better than TOR, The Secret World, and TERA, all things considered.
    I've been purchasing every major MMO release this year and have left extremely disappointed each time. I would log in, see "kill X and Y", do the standard number mashing combat that you find in every MMO, and end up unsubscribing. I did try to give these games my all and see if I could break past the tedium, but I could not.
  21. May 2, 2015
    Guild Wars 2 lights me up everytime when I do dungeons and fractals of the mist, when I do world events like Tequatl and Triple Trouble and when I open chests.
  22. Aug 28, 2012
    This game is beautiful, fun and very addicting! It has a wonderful personal story, great PvE and stunning PvP. The WvWvW is extremely fun!

If you are new to the MMO scene and looking for a way in this is the game! If you are an old MMO gamer looking for the next one to play this game will be perfect for you!

Also, the game is F2P!
  23. Aug 28, 2012
    This game is really impressive and for a person that plays games lightly...I truly do appreciate the effort in making this a very magical experience-dynamic events and personalizing characters as needed makes this a really great game. I have not been bored with this game and have only seen 5% of the world after a good 20+ hours of gaming.
  24. Aug 28, 2012
    A true gem, and perhaps what the MMO genre needs so badly. GW2 is an awful lot of fun, as it takes a different route from most mmo's. Gone are the endless 'go here, kill , go there, bring back ' but rather, their quests are more like the public events of Warhammer Online. Plus, skills are no longer slowly fed to you via trainers, but unlocked through a talent system. You start with 5A true gem, and perhaps what the MMO genre needs so badly. GW2 is an awful lot of fun, as it takes a different route from most mmo's. Gone are the endless 'go here, kill , go there, bring back ' but rather, their quests are more like the public events of Warhammer Online. Plus, skills are no longer slowly fed to you via trainers, but unlocked through a talent system. You start with 5 skills, which are subject to change with different weapons - for instance, a sword will grant you 3 moves, and your offhand item the other two. So, there is a large amount of combinations to be had. There is also an overlapping 'main' storyline, which you'll slowly go through as a sort of backbone to the other quests.

Bottom line, it's just plain old fun in an amazingly well put together game. The only issues I have encountered thus far have been technical - as can be expected so close to launch-, but those are sure to be fixed in future patches/
  25. Apr 5, 2014
    16 months and 3000 ours spent: this is still the best MMORPG on the market and this year, with more competition, it's really going to stand out.

Putting 10/10 in an effort to slow down haters and people who clearly didn't play it :P
  26. Aug 28, 2012
    I have played mmos since everyquest back in the days. Everything from ragnarok online, ffxi, wow, matrix online lol, guild wars 1, eve, aion, archlord... you name it. I spend my college years deep loving mmos. Now im an adult with a full time job and family and not as much time to play mmos.

Guild wars 2 allows me to play mmos again and live my life!!!. Finally an mmo suited for me. An mmo hardcore enough to suit my needs for challenge and casual enough to allow me to play at my own pace! The dream.

Guild wars 2 has amazing graphics. Beautiful animations and an epic soundtrack. The client is amazingly stable and smooth. Classes are fun and engaging and waaay different than most mmos. Races are beautiful too.

The game makes you want to explore all the huge world and if you are a completionist.. hell, you will have a ton to complete here. The game was made to play with others, not to compete and fight with people. there is no silly kill steals or node steals, everyone fights to achieve a common goal and it works!

So far the game has exceeded all my expectations. The mmo innovates on every angle. Dont believe people who say the game is good... or bad. I say go play it and make your own judgement, you wont regret it. Also no monthly fee is awesome!
  27. Aug 28, 2012
    It's a refreshing take on MMO's. Although not revolutionary, it builds upon most old ideas and gives players a new way to play. For all those zero's out there... the game has barely been released, and you are trashing the game for release bugs and server crashes? This is one the of the smoothest MMO launches I'v ever experienced. Definitely not like D3 where i could play for a solid weekIt's a refreshing take on MMO's. Although not revolutionary, it builds upon most old ideas and gives players a new way to play. For all those zero's out there... the game has barely been released, and you are trashing the game for release bugs and server crashes? This is one the of the smoothest MMO launches I'v ever experienced. Definitely not like D3 where i could play for a solid week due to login errors.

The art style is also gorgeous, and the vistas are awesome. Playing as an Engineer with a flame thrower kit is awesome, and I enjoy the flexibility of this game. I highly recommend it to people looking for something new. Just don't play it like you would a normal MMO, there are many differences.
  28. Aug 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game, I leveled to 40 in the last few days and it's so fun! Instant lvl 80 PvP is great and the combat feels very smooth. I also did the first dungeon which was quite the challenge, I can't wait to to lvl 80 dungeons. The MMO tasks you do are the same like in other MMO's but the content is presented in a very unique way. Dynamic events are brilliant and really make the world seem alive. The servers were only down for 3 hours so far which is great for a such a big launch. Only downside are some bugs with the trading post but I'll forgive them for that. Expand
  29. Aug 28, 2012
    The game is very innovative and fun, Arena.net has the best support in the market for players. Also it is a game made for fun and not to become addicted. So far the best mmorpg available.
  30. Aug 28, 2012
    Exceeded my expectations in every way. A ton of content with little to no compulsion to grind. PvP and WvW alone will provide months of solid gameplay.
  31. Aug 28, 2012
    I played the Original and This sequel fit the bill PERFECTLY on gameplay fun and bring back all the fuzzy memories of the original!

PvP is a lot of fun and OMG complex in the best of ways! The lack of level grinding is a HUGE Plus for me Yes cap is 80 but you dont get to lvl 80 through conventional means of killing 20 or so boars its about exploration of the world and exploring your character and making fun yet interesting decisions on your way though the story!

if you havent already i recommend buying this game if your a fan or Guild wars 1 or your fresh eyes on this Product!
  32. Aug 28, 2012
    This game is fantastic, a milestone. Not only the overall level of quality and detail is above almost any other MMO in the market, but it also innovates the genre in many ways. No more single task, static questing, but a living world where events are not waiting for you to click on an NPC to happen: you explore, you see things happening, you join them and your actions have consequences. NoThis game is fantastic, a milestone. Not only the overall level of quality and detail is above almost any other MMO in the market, but it also innovates the genre in many ways. No more single task, static questing, but a living world where events are not waiting for you to click on an NPC to happen: you explore, you see things happening, you join them and your actions have consequences. No more gear grind: both in PvE and PvP, you won't need to farm gear for ages just to be able to join the action. At max level everybody is on the same gear level, the outcomes of the challenge is determined by your skill, finally. No more being pigeon holed within one single class role. Every class can finally be ranged and melee, healing or dpsing. Shift your weapons, manage your countless skills, dodge and parry the incoming attacks. This is finally an engaging combat! No more waiting for a healer or a tank to show up: you want to do that dungeon with 5 warriors or 5 necromancers? You can, it works. No more subscription fees: you by the game and you play it as much as you want, at your pace. Content will be periodically added, and it will be free. You just have to buy the official expansion when they will come out. This game is different in mechanics, is gigantic in scope, is beautiful and intriguing. Do yourself a favour and don't miss it. It's not "marketing" or advertisement. It's how the game is, as a matter of fact. (Final note: I read some of the few "0" rated reviews here and I am appalled by the false information they spread. One thing is expressing opinions, one thing is spreading clear lies. Only 5 skills? False. I cannot play with my friends? False. Give the game a try, you'll see by yourself what's true and what's false.. Expand
  33. Aug 28, 2012
    In my opinion this is the best MMO ever! The soundtrack is amazing, it's very addicting and it has beautiful graphics! My friends, here we have INNOVATION, it's quite rare nowadays. You just have to pay one time, no monthly fees.
  34. Aug 28, 2012
    There is not that much to say about this game.

It's a masterpiece, a living and breathing piece of wonderful art.

Thank you, ArenaNet, for creating one of the most beautiful MMORPG's ever.
  35. Aug 28, 2012
    I am genuinely happy that I won't meet the people writing '0' reviews.One good thing about the game is its awesome community, and those people are better left out of it.
    The game is purely awesome, the dynamic events are plenty and varied, you'll seldom get to do the same thing more than once in your standard map run. Crafting and exploring is quite rewarding and the landscape is very detailed, even having secret areas.
    The reason this game gets 9 is because it doesn't allow duels between players (not full free open world PvP, I mean invitations and such) but it could be added into the future.
  36. Aug 28, 2012
    Smoothest MMO launch in the history of the genre and one of the most innovative MMOs in the industry, as well as just plainly fun.
    Take everything that you thought you knew about MMORPGs and throw it out the window, this game isn't anything like what you've played in the past. All of the boring, and dull things that run rampant in the MMO genre like a disease are absent in this game.
    Skills, attacks and combat are dynamic and everything matters. For once standing behind a pillar when something attacks you will actually save you, and sometimes the pillar may even crumble under a brutal attack, leaving you exposed to another attack. You can dodge out of the way of attacks, avoiding damage all together. You can actually move while attacking. If you like to explore virtual worlds then are you in for a treat, there are tons of areas to explore and a very large chunk of experience to reward you for exploring regions of the map.
    The sidekick system keeps you from drastically out leveling content, by scaling down your character to at most of 2 levels above the content of the area the character is in. You can actually go play with your friends and/or family without having to waste time or feel generally unrewarded for doing so, because guess what you'll still gain all the relevant rewards as if you were out and about in an area more appropriate to your character's actual level. When armor or weapon loot drops the item level is in a very close range of what you're character's actual level is, sometimes even above, so yes you can kill a level 1 centaur and get a level 80 2 handed axe while helping out someone new to the game.
    Speaking of helping people out, this game removes any form of penalty MMORPG's usually place on playing with other people. Mobs don't get tagged, if you do damage to it, you are rewarded xp and loot. People working on the same quests or events in your area doesn't slow down your progression, it actually speeds it up. Loot is always dropped on a personal basis, no loot roles or fights.
    Speaking of loots and fights, the game has truly epic fights, the scale of which has not been seen in the genre for a long time. The game by design has zero raiding, as set up by EQ and WoW. There is no instance of a dungeon where you need to gather a large number of people in order to then decide who gets what on boss drops. Instead there are these huge outdoor dynamic events that players can trigger and participate in. Then when all is said and done, everyone gets their own loot, with at least once piece (usually get anywhere from 3 to 5) being an upgrade of some sort.

The pvp in the game is awesome. The game was built nearly from the ground up to support PvP rather than have PvE built first with PvP then added on later, hence why the combat for the game is so amazing. There are two general forms, there is the Structured pvp, and the World vs World pvp.
    Structured pvp are capture the area to accumulate point races.
    Then World vs World is an insanely large map where servers are pitted against one another with keeps, castles, siege weapons, varried terrain, npc mercenaries, basically everything needed to make huge epic battles. To top it all off it's not just one server against another, it's three servers in a free for all, and the fight is always going on. Various landmarks such as towers, farms, lumber camps, keeps and castles are tallied up every hour or so and the servers holding them are awarded points, with a final point count made at the end of a week. Then servers are ranked and then everything starts over again with evenly ranked servers fighting against one another.

Going back to PvE the personal story and level of customization for characters is amazing and blows away anything done in the past. The personal story you set up puts a lot of emphasis on your choices, make poor choices, or choose things that you don't have your heart set and you'll probably end up with a crummy story. On the other hand if you pick your choices carefully you can end up with a truly awesome story, like a 007 pirate (yes that is a real option, pick carefully!).

The crafting system is awesome and I've run into a lot of people that have gotten just absorbed into it, people who normally don't like crafting systems. To start off with, crafting supplies don't take room in your inventory for the most part, you pick them up, and you can then send them to a personal stash from anywhere in the world, and then when you go to a crafting table inside a major city or town you then have access to that stash, and you can begin crafting. You can either stick with recipes trainers will give you, or you can try to experiment with various pieces and if you discover something new you are rewarded with lots of skill points in that craft.
  37. Aug 29, 2012
    So many WoW fanboys hating this lol best game ever. The game artstyle, gameplay and music are just amazing. The launch wasn't that bad many mmo games had a much worse launch.
  38. Aug 29, 2012
    The most immersive mmorpg i have ever played, having played wow and many f2p ones to name a few, Combat is amazing, "questing" (dynamic events, personal storyline) is something i look forward to, never rushed. Graphic and art style is beautiful and unique, sound is great although in game music is hard to notice at times. Engine is optimized heavilly, i can run the game at 110fps on mostlyThe most immersive mmorpg i have ever played, having played wow and many f2p ones to name a few, Combat is amazing, "questing" (dynamic events, personal storyline) is something i look forward to, never rushed. Graphic and art style is beautiful and unique, sound is great although in game music is hard to notice at times. Engine is optimized heavilly, i can run the game at 110fps on mostly high dropping to the lowest 25fps on huge world pvp battles (hundreds of players onscreen) on an average system. The wow-killer is here
    guy gw2 today
  39. Aug 29, 2012
    This game is really good. Just saying that is an understatement. If your board with World of Warcraft, tired of the same old same old, buy this. Honestly, they should have a monthly fee cause the way this plays and how good it is really expands what FREE MMORPGs can do.

Everything, everything is just that amazing. Read other reviews for specifics. I can't even wrap my mind around it!
  40. Aug 29, 2012
    This is honestly the game that made me remember why I'm a PC gamer and brought all my hope back to PC gaming.I give it a 10 because it deserves it. The things I noticed that were wrong were very little and they had no effect on the actual game-play so I didn't care. When you focus on the small bugs about a game and say the game sucks because of it, you should just give up right thereThis is honestly the game that made me remember why I'm a PC gamer and brought all my hope back to PC gaming.I give it a 10 because it deserves it. The things I noticed that were wrong were very little and they had no effect on the actual game-play so I didn't care. When you focus on the small bugs about a game and say the game sucks because of it, you should just give up right there because there is no hope for you in the video game world. Anyway, the devs pretty much thought of everything in this game. No more grinding enemies, no more loading up on quests. It's all about the dynamic events and exploration that make this game so incredible. I keep forgetting that I have a story mission to do because I keep getting caught up in doing events and exploring all the areas. When I play this, I play it for hours on end because there is so much to do and I have to force myself to stop playing. One problem I've had with other MMOs are, what I call, stand-stills, where you run out of quests for your level and you are no where near leveling and you stand there trying to figure out what to do so then are forced to grind enemies. This game doesn't have that at all because of all the events you can do. After reading what the negative users have said about this game makes me sick. This is, in my opinion, an incredibly awesome-made game. Just a few things: 1. MMOs are bound to have a few bugs at first but the ones in this game are so minimal to the actual game-play that I just carry on with the game. 2. This game doesn't have quests so what is broken? All it has is your story mission, tasks, and events and all of them are fine with me and I should know because I played a different character in all the beta events and stress tests and found very little problems and guess what, they didn't bother me. 3. The graphics in this game are awesome. It is hard to make a game look original these days so quit crying because it looks too much like WoW which, also in my opinion, it looks nothing like WoW. Also, one thing that I think is just pure genius when it comes to this game is the W v W (World vs. World). It basically takes after Dark Age of Camelot with the sieges and keep raids. I loved that game 10 years ago and this game brought back so many good memories of it. This game is so much better then WoW that words cannot describe it. So anyway, to sum it up, Guild Wars 2 was definitely worth the wait. I was excited for the release just as much as I was just to play it during a beta event for 3 days or a stress test for 3 hours. I love this game. That's all I can say. Expand
  41. Aug 29, 2012
    absolutely stunning,full of detail with new possibilities like never before...dynamic events are perfect and they are shifting and changing the world of Tyria. The art style is absolutely gorgeous, I am very excited about the game it is a absolute must not only for an MMO player,but for every gamer out there..10/10 without a doubt
  42. Aug 29, 2012
    Absolutely amazing game, everything from the world, characters, story, gameplay, style, this is truly a piece of art. It was the best 50£ I have ever spent on a game in my life, and I hope that Arenanet will keep up the good work, and will amaze me/us again with new content in the future.
  43. Aug 31, 2012
    Amusing to see that all the 0 and 1 reviews are hit and runs from guys who gave Secret World 10s. Regardless GW2 is fun, challenging, and has no sub fee. It is incredibly detailed with a huge variety of things to do at any given time, and has a shocking depth to it's combat and PvP. There are a couple launch bugs that exclude me from giving it a 10, but since I've already thrown 60hrs intoAmusing to see that all the 0 and 1 reviews are hit and runs from guys who gave Secret World 10s. Regardless GW2 is fun, challenging, and has no sub fee. It is incredibly detailed with a huge variety of things to do at any given time, and has a shocking depth to it's combat and PvP. There are a couple launch bugs that exclude me from giving it a 10, but since I've already thrown 60hrs into the game and only paid $60, I'd say I've gotten my moneys worth. ADDENUM: So one thing I've noticed in the last few days are all the scrubs quitting. Its working people! All the bads are leaving because the game is too hard for them. What a wonderful community this game is breeding. Expand
  44. Aug 29, 2012
    I've played Ultima Online, World of Warcraft, Star Trek online, Dungeons and Dragons online, Rift, Guild Wars 1 and this is by far the best MMO I've ever played. I would recommend it to everyone!
  45. Aug 29, 2012
    I do not know who the hell says that this game has bad graphics. Environments are beautifully crafted and checking vistas was my top priority when I started playing. Characters are detailed and very well animated. Special effects are good too, maybe little bit too flashy to my taste but still very playable. The events are fun as well, even when ANet in some of them is just trying to wrapI do not know who the hell says that this game has bad graphics. Environments are beautifully crafted and checking vistas was my top priority when I started playing. Characters are detailed and very well animated. Special effects are good too, maybe little bit too flashy to my taste but still very playable. The events are fun as well, even when ANet in some of them is just trying to wrap fetching x number of this or killing y number of that in a prettier package. I am not sure about the dungeons, did not get that far yet, but friends say that they are challenging. I did not encounter any major bugs, the only thing that pisses me off sometimes are the overflow servers. Each time you use a waypoint you go to an overflow server and wait your turn. Finding your friends is a pain too because of that. I would rather have a regular queue and wait 30 minutes to get to the map, but when I am there, I am there until I log out. No stability issues or anything like that for me. Overall very solid launch and a major contender to WoW Expand
  46. Aug 31, 2012
    This game got old mechanics, improved them and put them all together into an awesome fantastic world. Quests have been replaced by dynamic event chains, that react to player actions (success/failure will lead to different events). World versus world is a three faction world pvp mode with towers, castles, siege weapons, and lots of strategy... going zergway will lead you to disaster,This game got old mechanics, improved them and put them all together into an awesome fantastic world. Quests have been replaced by dynamic event chains, that react to player actions (success/failure will lead to different events). World versus world is a three faction world pvp mode with towers, castles, siege weapons, and lots of strategy... going zergway will lead you to disaster, cooperation is a must. Structured PvP is very competitive and demands ability. The personal story lines are fantastic, served with the perfect dose of fun and drama. Expand
  47. Sep 2, 2012
    This is the pinnacle of visual video game artwork. The questing system is ingenious and eliminates errand running and quest spam/quest grind. Armors look good, characters look good, and are customizeable. Animations are a step ahead as well. Voice acting is excellent, music is excellent. Races are slightly odd, but very distinct, and you can always fall back to Human. Skills are vast andThis is the pinnacle of visual video game artwork. The questing system is ingenious and eliminates errand running and quest spam/quest grind. Armors look good, characters look good, and are customizeable. Animations are a step ahead as well. Voice acting is excellent, music is excellent. Races are slightly odd, but very distinct, and you can always fall back to Human. Skills are vast and varied, relying mostly on weapons for types of utility. The caveat is that you can only have 5 weapon skills and 5 character skills active at once, and they are mostly the same types of skills. Want to build a pure healer? You can't. Only one heal skill per player, and typically one heal skill per weapon. Each character will be 80% damage and 20% support, leaving huge gaps in teamwork and group play. If there were more utility, or a choice to go all utility or all damage, the game would be 10/10. It is, after all, the best MMO world ever made. Expand
  48. Sep 3, 2012
    This Is The Best MMO So Far ! I usually never write reviews but this game deserves it. I played WOW from the beginning and this game actually made me stop playing WOW. SWTOR failed to do that and I thought I would never see a MMO that would change that, but it did. I know it has some problems but I'm sure they will get them fixed in the coming updates. The one thing I really don't like isThis Is The Best MMO So Far ! I usually never write reviews but this game deserves it. I played WOW from the beginning and this game actually made me stop playing WOW. SWTOR failed to do that and I thought I would never see a MMO that would change that, but it did. I know it has some problems but I'm sure they will get them fixed in the coming updates. The one thing I really don't like is the ingame store and the biggest grip I have with that is the extra bag slots you have to purchase and crafting bag slots for every new character I'm really against that or they should change it so karma points will buy bag slots. As for the rest of the items in the store there no big deal since leveling in this game is best so far it doesn't feel like it drags so you don't feel the need to purchase store XP boosts. And I like how it slows down gold farmers since you can use your gems to buy gold. I Like that idea. That would be my biggest grip with the game. But the this game has awesome gameplay you really have to try it to see how it puts to shame all the other MMOs. And one guy who reviewed this game said that he doesn't like the way you have to unlock skills. He is wrong WOW does that this too once you get to a certain level you have to buy more skills with gold. But this game uses skill points to buy more skills and it seems you can buy more skills even after you level capped but don't worry there is a limit to the skills you can get. But once you get them all it's like getting more ways to play the game. I Have to say this even with the store flaw this game. This is the Best MMO to date ! The reason I didn't give it a 10 is because nothing is perfect. Sorry for the spelling mistakes and grammar issues But I'm Limited on time I have to leave Town on a trip. All the users reviews that are low are most likely WOW fan boys and you tell by they way they compare this game to WOW. Expand
  49. Sep 3, 2012
    Played the betas, and read all the hype. I'm max level now, and it was even BETTER than expected. By FAR the most meaningful dynamic combat system in any MMO, despite not advertising it. Dodging and positioning actually matters in this game, unlike TERA or Mabinogi Legends where it's mostly for show. If you're not dodging in the endgame dungeons, you're gonna die. That's it. Graphics notPlayed the betas, and read all the hype. I'm max level now, and it was even BETTER than expected. By FAR the most meaningful dynamic combat system in any MMO, despite not advertising it. Dodging and positioning actually matters in this game, unlike TERA or Mabinogi Legends where it's mostly for show. If you're not dodging in the endgame dungeons, you're gonna die. That's it. Graphics not the best but big MMOs always have toned down graphics to attract more people. GREAT armor design. Not stupidly sexy or ridiculously fantastic, but fashionable and realistic. The only game with similar amount of content is WoW. SWTOR, Aion, TERA, Secret World etc don't even come close. And best of all, NO PAY2WIN. Only pay4skins. There isn't a single item in the shop that makes you better at PvP. Like Guild Wars 1, GW2 has staying power. Games like Aion and Rift quickly dropped to a few thousand concurrent players, GW1 still has several times that amount after 7 years. GW2 will be even better. Expand
  50. Sep 3, 2012
    best mmo in recent years and i dont i have to explain why

all i can say its im playing mmo's since wow vanilla and gw2 simply crush it with eaze and style..i wont bother to mention other mmos since 90% of them are all wow clones.

Proudly gw2 isnt and thats what make it the best mmo since wow:LK exp
  51. Sep 4, 2012
    New era in MMO has begun! The main feature of the Guild Wars 2 is completely new level of quality, brand new and exciting combat system and a dynamic world, we did not know before. The game is very complex and multilayered. But oddly enough she gets a lot more exciting. The fact is that in addition to the latitude of the world, we get also the depth and breadth of the game mechanics withNew era in MMO has begun! The main feature of the Guild Wars 2 is completely new level of quality, brand new and exciting combat system and a dynamic world, we did not know before. The game is very complex and multilayered. But oddly enough she gets a lot more exciting. The fact is that in addition to the latitude of the world, we get also the depth and breadth of the game mechanics with all its newness.
    Absolute hit, game grabs you for a long time.
  52. Sep 5, 2012
    Simply put, if you give the game your time, you will get the fun the game allows. It starts you right into the action, and craving more in between. I've been excited for this game since its announcement; I was a huge GW fan. But to say the least, this game has still beaten my expectations even 72+ hours into game, and i don't see it getting boring anytime soon. Skipping the details, thisSimply put, if you give the game your time, you will get the fun the game allows. It starts you right into the action, and craving more in between. I've been excited for this game since its announcement; I was a huge GW fan. But to say the least, this game has still beaten my expectations even 72+ hours into game, and i don't see it getting boring anytime soon. Skipping the details, this game deserves a 10. The story is really well thought out, though the dialog can be a bit strange, and the combat system is fresh into the MMO scene, considering GW1 technically wasn't an MMO. That being said, this game feels like an RPG, and still sucks you in like the best of the best MMOs. So do yourself a favor by getting this game. Without a subscription fee, its impossible to pass the temptation. Expand
  53. Sep 5, 2012
    Looks great, feels great, sounds great, plays great, runs great. PvP is perfectly balanced, PvE is dynamic and interesting, World vs World is always changing and has such an epic scale. The Music is by Jeremy Soule. The achievements system rewards you for every aspect of the game, which is good, because this is the best MMORPG ever created.
  54. Sep 7, 2012
    I have tried most MMOs out there over the years ever since the original Everquest. WoW, EQ2, AoC, Star Wars (both), Rift, Secret World, etc., and I always get bored before too long. For some reason when a new one comes out I think, "This will be the one!" Well it seems I have finally found the right MMO for me in Guild Wars 2. I really think this MMO fixes many of the issues thatI have tried most MMOs out there over the years ever since the original Everquest. WoW, EQ2, AoC, Star Wars (both), Rift, Secret World, etc., and I always get bored before too long. For some reason when a new one comes out I think, "This will be the one!" Well it seems I have finally found the right MMO for me in Guild Wars 2. I really think this MMO fixes many of the issues that put-off newcomers to the genre. This is a very accessible, very entertaining game. The manner in which they have made grouping up seem almost effortless and completely organic, should be a future standard IMHO. There are numerous other positives I could mention, and very few negatives. Suffice it to say that if you just haven't been able to find an MMO that you can really get into, this is the right one for you. Expand
  55. Sep 8, 2012
    Fresh, innovative, social... Guild Wars 2 has it all and a lot more. Beautiful Art and Graphics, wonderful Soundtrack by the messiah of the Games Industry Jeremy Soule, 3 Worlds in glorious and ever changing Battles, structured Team PvP, etc. the list goes on and on and on. No Subscription Fee, No Pay-to-Win, No **** To quote a famous Youtube Critic: Bad-Ass Seal of Approval 10/10,Fresh, innovative, social... Guild Wars 2 has it all and a lot more. Beautiful Art and Graphics, wonderful Soundtrack by the messiah of the Games Industry Jeremy Soule, 3 Worlds in glorious and ever changing Battles, structured Team PvP, etc. the list goes on and on and on. No Subscription Fee, No Pay-to-Win, No **** To quote a famous Youtube Critic: Bad-Ass Seal of Approval 10/10, Legendary Status.

This is the first MMO of the next Generation. Not a revolution, but a huge step of evolution. And a call to to arms for the entire Industry.
  56. Sep 10, 2012
    Game is great.
    People who complain about dated graphics aren't playing on high settings. Turn settings way high and you'll see its a great visual game. (requires as pretty decent rig)
    Game is great.

PvE and storyline is actually engaging. Most MMOs (IE FF11) you're wandering around having no clue what the point of your adventure is... not the case here. Definitely a good story line with plenty room for expansion.

PvP takes the cake. Very awesome. Try it to see what I mean. World vs World is awesome.

I give it a 9 because we're two weeks after release and still the trading post (AH) is up and down.
    I also give it a 9 because leveling is almost too easy. People are maxed out at lvl 80 already! thats obnoxious.
    I give it a 9 also because of the GEM STORE. Understand this is a free to play game, and they need to make money somehow. But I truly dislike games that add a store where players can pay to be the best at the game with little skill. Gem store allows you to buy gems where you can spend them on super equipment and timed exp boosters etc... laaaaaaame.

Overall great game though - very very well done.
  57. Sep 13, 2012
    This is one of the finest games I have ever played. It succeeds in all areas that I care about in an MMO. It is fun to play by myself and interact with other people I don't know and its also fun to play with friends you know. You can play with any of your friends thanks to the downleveling system which I think is an awesome idea. The world is beautiful and charters look great, the storyThis is one of the finest games I have ever played. It succeeds in all areas that I care about in an MMO. It is fun to play by myself and interact with other people I don't know and its also fun to play with friends you know. You can play with any of your friends thanks to the downleveling system which I think is an awesome idea. The world is beautiful and charters look great, the story quests are also great in my opinion, its the only MMO I have ever played that has made me care about the story in any way shape or form. All around an amazing MMO and no subscription fees! It doesnt get much better than this for $60 if you ask me. Expand
  58. Sep 25, 2012
    I waited yers for this game to come out and truth to be told it was its trailer that made me try Guild Wars 1 which I played for some ammount of time. This game really did live up to expectations, the gameplay is really fluid thanks to the way the combat is designed for movement while fighting making you able to dodge, roll, jump, etc out of the way of damage while making your attacks inI waited yers for this game to come out and truth to be told it was its trailer that made me try Guild Wars 1 which I played for some ammount of time. This game really did live up to expectations, the gameplay is really fluid thanks to the way the combat is designed for movement while fighting making you able to dodge, roll, jump, etc out of the way of damage while making your attacks in turn while they very interestingly added something similar to a special attack you can build up by attacking. Your attack skills are earned by using the weapon of choice which change depending on the weapons you have on you, this essentially gets rid of the annoying "level up to get that skill!" and making it more versatile and practical by making you unlock the skills through fighting rather than waiting for each level up to earn something. Another great thing is the cooperative gameplay that makes it that as long as you contribute you get exp. so that makes it impossible for people to steal exp, monsters or loot while everyone can revive you AND heal themselves, so you'd group only to see your friends on the map. The graphics are very beautiful and even with my medium end pc I can't quite completely max everything with the ammount of details everywhere. To this I will also that it's kind of interesting how castles, mountains and whatnot LOOK like paintings. The story of the game will very very very different for each person as it changes depending on your choices as well as you character's back story. It's really a hell of a game, I feel as if every penny that I payed should have been dollars because it really is such a magnificent game that I think I payed less than I should have. Great job Arenanet, it REALLY was worth the wait. Expand
  59. Sep 26, 2012
    Fun and innovative in the sense that you level up quickly without realizing that your doing it. Combat is fast paced and smooth, graphics are beautifully done, and over all game play is extremely enjoyable.
  60. Sep 26, 2012
    The finest hour for MMO's, I started playing MMO's with World of Warcraft at launch, I have since played most of the MMO's that have come since and a few that came before also and I feel I speak with some authority when I say that this is by far the best game I've played at launch in this genre. Please feel free to ignore any comments whining about lack of end game content as these peopleThe finest hour for MMO's, I started playing MMO's with World of Warcraft at launch, I have since played most of the MMO's that have come since and a few that came before also and I feel I speak with some authority when I say that this is by far the best game I've played at launch in this genre. Please feel free to ignore any comments whining about lack of end game content as these people fall into two distinct categories: 1. People who raced to 80 as fast as possible and didn;t even wait for others to join them and didn't try out any of the end content. 2. People who simply haven't played but are upset that WoW servers are becoming quieter these days. Either way, there is plenty to do at end game, far more than WoW at launch which had zero end game content, no raids, no BG's, basically you could do UBRS, help lowbie guildies or save for an epic mount and that was it....oh, or go to Hillsbrad and lag out for 30 minutes. Apologies for comparing so much with WoW but someone needs to counteract all the whining WoW fanboys.

Thankfully, GW2 addresses the modern day problems with all MMO's, there's no kill stealing, no imbalanced gear-based PvP to deter new players from trying it. No fetch and return quests, no ninja looting, no easy mode levelling where you simply round up as many mobs as you can aggro, not even those rude players who always seem angry and hateful....because there's no need to be angry, no one can steal your kills, loot or even nodes, you can only help fellow players and this makes for a fantastic community where I find myself regularly aided by passers by, healed and thanked, just like the good old days :)

The PvP is amazing also, would like some CTF maps but again, as a brand new game I am certain more will be added to both PvE and PvP as with WoW. Thank goodness for GW2 because I was sick of MMO's where everything before max level was geared to get you to max level and joining the grind as soon as possible and I was sick of MMO's where end game felt like a part time job. By far the best game I have played and I genuinely cannot recommend it enough.

However, a small word on new players, the first 3 days or so are confusing, you have to get used to the new way of doing things and learn how things work. I would say they needed a tutorial but finding these things out is a huge part of the experience for me and something you will remember with fondness when you're a seasoned veteran.
  61. Oct 2, 2012
    This is as good as any MMO has ever been. If you're still playing WoW and the Mists of Panderia daily grind, it's because you underestimated and/or misjudged GW2. This is the game to be playing, and any fan of WoW, Rift, or DAoC owes it to themselves to call GW2 their home for the foreseeable future. This is not another incremental evolution, this is an MMO revolution.

The only thing

The only thing you might miss are instanced raids at end-game. End-game now consists of open-world raids, 3-faction world vs. world PvP, character appearance and gear customization via dyes and dungeon systems, and legendary weapon grinds. In addition, there are still tons of places to explore, quests and events to complete, secret treasure chests to find, jumping puzzles to solve, scenario PvP, and plenty more surprises.

The game might feel a lot like WoW at first, but that just means you're playing it wrong -- seriously. Don't worry, much like anything new, you will begin to understand it with time and effort invested.

Ultimately, GW2 is a wholly unique experience that captures some of the magic that your favorite MMO used to have. Guild Wars 2 is as good as the genre has ever been.
  62. Oct 2, 2012
    This game is something new. I love that the questing system is not really there, and you have so much freedom to do whatever you want! The Event System is also genious. Despite all the bugs that has been since the early launch, I find this game to be very addicting, and is the best MMO I've played since WoW
  63. Oct 13, 2012
    Loot drops like Diablo
    RvR better than DAoC
    PvP better than WoW
    Public Quests better than WAR
    Crafting and Gathering that means something
    Personal Story like SWToR

Some map completion bugs STILL
    ArenaNet over-nerfs stuff habitually

WORTH EVERY PENNY!
  64. Oct 17, 2012
    I normally hate MMOs and their formulas but a friend suggested GW2 and I can't stop playing it. Truly a game changer in the MMO market. A very smart take on the questing systems of old that keep you busy and never feels like a chore or a grind to play.Not only that but it looks incredible too. Fantastic game.
  65. Dec 1, 2012
    I love this game a lot, i don't find it boring at all as many people said. Graphically it looks like more Rift than other modern MMO. I could say GW2 and Rift are playing in same sandbox! There are thousand things to do: fight, climb, discover, craft, explore,... i don't have a HL character - my main is 32, that small but i never find time so short since i play GW2. I like to play alone,I love this game a lot, i don't find it boring at all as many people said. Graphically it looks like more Rift than other modern MMO. I could say GW2 and Rift are playing in same sandbox! There are thousand things to do: fight, climb, discover, craft, explore,... i don't have a HL character - my main is 32, that small but i never find time so short since i play GW2. I like to play alone, without guild or anything else and this MMO is so good for this. Public fights are great, copied on those exising in Rif Expand
  66. Dec 15, 2012
    ArenaNet gave us the game I had been waiting a long time, without a healers, tanks and stereotype invented centuries ago. Game worth playing, some will love it others postpone the ledge.
  67. Dec 19, 2012
    So far the best MMO I have played, GREAT graphics, nice mechanics, fluid gameplay, smooth performance, updated constantly and full of pvp between servers(called world versus world)
  68. Mar 4, 2013
    Guild Wars 2 is... a splendid game. Whilst completing the main quest line and levelling up to level 80, I realized there is yet much to do...~~~For example, I had to level up my skills to level 400, and hunt for materials and ingredients which made my time as great. I found myself in LOVE with the dungeons, and the fact that ArenaNet releases updates in a large sum, not just smallGuild Wars 2 is... a splendid game. Whilst completing the main quest line and levelling up to level 80, I realized there is yet much to do...~~~For example, I had to level up my skills to level 400, and hunt for materials and ingredients which made my time as great. I found myself in LOVE with the dungeons, and the fact that ArenaNet releases updates in a large sum, not just small miniature maintenances etc... Completing the map was incredibly fun, and finding the vistas, completing the Local Heart quests, the randomly generated events which give me something to do, and the graphics that take me in. Now I never have to run around, bored, and thinking, "What should I do next? Sigh..." Graphical content is the least of what I care about, because games really aren't all about graphics, however their story, content, and available options is really what it's about. By the way, for you ArenaNet fans out there, many of the people who have completely disliked GW2 are brainwashed people coming from Blizzard that will absolutely hate ANY MMORPG game they think might overcome WoW. Also, may I like to say many of the hated reviews here are probably coming from people who just want to compare GW2 to their favorite MMO's. No, seriously, rating Guild Wars 2 requires raw, solid reviewing, not comparing products. -Utrex Expand
  69. Mar 31, 2013
    Being new to the Guild Wars franchise I find myself playing it almost every spare minute I have. Guild Wars 2 is certainly an attracting game from its good graphics to its fun and intense massive multiplayer boss battles. I have enjoyed every hour of this game and the reason I enjoyed it so much is because it brings something new to the table in the genre of MMO's. Combat is the best iv'eBeing new to the Guild Wars franchise I find myself playing it almost every spare minute I have. Guild Wars 2 is certainly an attracting game from its good graphics to its fun and intense massive multiplayer boss battles. I have enjoyed every hour of this game and the reason I enjoyed it so much is because it brings something new to the table in the genre of MMO's. Combat is the best iv'e seen in an MMO ever, graphics aren't the best I have ever seen but are certainly up there among of titles in different genres. What put the cherry on the cake for me was the epic world versus world action it is a new battle every time but one complaint i have about the world versus world is the queue times can be up to 3 hours long which is too long. The soundtrack of this game is jaw-dropping. I never normally compliment a game on its soundtrack but by God was this a good one. The music mixed with the landscape and actual gameplay works so well together. I loved it. Expand
  70. Apr 11, 2013
    Being a gamer, I have to admit that I have not play a mmo game before this game. But when Angry Joe gave it a 10/10 I decided to give it a try. I took a gamble and bought three copies for my friends and I, $180, to try. This Game was amazing. The Story and the game play was good. Then only problem I had was the PvP aspect of this game. The pvp suck. At least the world vs world vs worldBeing a gamer, I have to admit that I have not play a mmo game before this game. But when Angry Joe gave it a 10/10 I decided to give it a try. I took a gamble and bought three copies for my friends and I, $180, to try. This Game was amazing. The Story and the game play was good. Then only problem I had was the PvP aspect of this game. The pvp suck. At least the world vs world vs world (WvWvW) is fun. I love spamming my toon into the "zerg", killing some "ppl", player, and running safely away.

What sold me about this game was the pay model. Buy it once and play it with no monthly fee. Hours of fun.
  71. Oct 29, 2013
    Warning: Long Reading
    Warning: Long Reading
    Guild Wars 2 is a well thought out MMORPG. The game is a "Buy once, no monthly fees". The engine of the game is really good and its community is even better. The game encourages players to take change and be nice to other players. Players don't need to be in a group to do stuff together as all players will get their own reward. Also, you know how most MMOs have you being super overpowered if you're in low level areas? In Guild Wars 2, you are sort of still powerful, however, you are a lot more equal to other players in that area, to prevent annoying players coming around and stealing a kill before you can even hit them. The choice of weapons on your character always changes, example would be wielding a Greatsword, you would get certain skills, then you change to a Sword or Staff, you get a completely different skill sent making very few players the same. The game also allows you to choose traits, which are like special skill points in other MMOs, not to mention you can choose many other "utility" skills. The World vs World system is very good too and the PvP is amazing. The crafting in the game is extremely unique though kind of boring to watch. As you create and item, you speed up the crafting depending on how many you craft. Example would be Iron Ingots, 1 taking about 10 seconds, and once you hit 10 Ingots, it's almost instant, making crafting fast and easy. You then got the PvE style of the game. You have not quests, but instead "events". Events are worldly problems in the game where you can choose to partake in it and get rewards, or even skip it. No matter what happens, almost every event affects the area around you, such as Centaurs have taken a town and now attacking another, or players/NPCs have started an assault on a boss or a camp or town or whatever. The game even has Dungeons where you have to do the Story first, then you can do the Exploration version of it. Making dungeons twice as fun, along with different paths you can take with it. What makes Guild Wars 2 even more fun is the fact you can have your very own story, making players not having the same stories as other player, though it can happen. Other players can also join your story (if they are the required level) if you're in a party with them. There is really nothing you can't do in Guild Wars 2, besides wearing armor that is either higher or lower than what you can wear, or wield certain weapons. The money of the game is also great, with a patch a month or 2 ago, you share money with all of your characters, and certain Dungeon rewards and Karma (Another Currency). You can even trade in Gold for Gems, which is the Real World Money currency of Guild Wars 2, making it an alternative source than actually going and buy about 2000 Gems for $20 or so.
  72. Jan 9, 2014
    Over my three accounts in this game, I have easily spent over 1,500 hours and I don't regret it a bit. This game is absolutely charming and wonderful.
  73. Feb 24, 2014
    Очень хорошая игра, если вам надоели бесконечные квесты варкрафта, незаурядное вырезание пяти тысяч монстров в л2 - это ира для вас. Отличная графика, хорошая физика, интересная история у каждой расы, осады в режиме пвп, открытые ворлд боссы, тысячи рандомных событий в мире и многое другое. 9 из 10. Поставил бы десятку, но для меня шалит пинг на Eu регионе, ну и нет ру-локалицазии :)Очень хорошая игра, если вам надоели бесконечные квесты варкрафта, незаурядное вырезание пяти тысяч монстров в л2 - это ира для вас. Отличная графика, хорошая физика, интересная история у каждой расы, осады в режиме пвп, открытые ворлд боссы, тысячи рандомных событий в мире и многое другое. 9 из 10. Поставил бы десятку, но для меня шалит пинг на Eu регионе, ну и нет ру-локалицазии :)
  74. Mar 16, 2014
    I will start off by saying that I have put in well over 500 hours of game play in Guild Wars 2!
    This is overall an excellent game!
    The combat system in the game is excellent with the combat dodges, weapon based abilities and combo abilities! The first time going through the game and leveling up is the most fun you will ever have in an MMO, there is 0 grind involved in leveling up in
    This is overall an excellent game!
    The first time going through the game and leveling up is the most fun you will ever have in an MMO, there is 0 grind involved in leveling up in fact, if you choose not to do the quests in the mainland you can choose to level up by playing the world Vs word if it more suits your style.
    Each dungeon in the game is very fun and different from one another with multiple paths, a story mode and unique boss fights!
    Also, there is a PvP arena which uses seperate gear from the mainand. You unlock new weapon skins and finishers by leveling up here, which gives a great incentive for many players to participate.

However, I do remove 1 point from a perfect 10/10 score for three reasons.

1. There is not much to do in the "endgame" once you have acquired the best gear in the game
    2. The content added to the game does not interest me much. A good majority of the content is called "living story" which is basically just a one time boss fight, which usually has it's bugs on release and generally ruins the overall experience of the content.
    3. The World vs World PvP in this game, despite being an amazing experience for the first few weeks you play the game, can get boring rather quickly because of the concept. This is largely due to the way that it is played, which is zerg vs zerg combat and the bigger zerg wins.
  75. Jun 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Лучшая РПГ ММО на данный момент. Бесплатные обновления и никакого заплатил и победил. Спасибо Аренанет Expand
  76. Jul 11, 2014
    The best game ever created. After logging about 700 hours into the game, I decided that it was time to create a metacritic account and write my review. The game play is fantastic and has had me hooked for 2 years now. I personally love the graphics and the cartoony-ish feel of the game, although I know a lot of people don't. The community is amazing. Everyone is very friendly and helpful,The best game ever created. After logging about 700 hours into the game, I decided that it was time to create a metacritic account and write my review. The game play is fantastic and has had me hooked for 2 years now. I personally love the graphics and the cartoony-ish feel of the game, although I know a lot of people don't. The community is amazing. Everyone is very friendly and helpful, and I love talking to my fellow players. Same goes for the staff. I've only had one problem with the game (which was my fault) and they addressed it and took care of it immediately for me. The map is great as well. Tyria is very large and beautiful, with much to explore and many different events to take part in, such as fighting dragons. I'll admit that the story can be lacking at times, but I still found it very enjoyable. And it's not a big deal, since there is still so much more to do in the game. I know people that play countless hours every day and still haven't even started the campaign yet. PvP is also great, it's a simple "capture the points and kill each other mode" which I have found to be very enjoyable. And the best part about this game: It is constantly being updated. Every two weeks Arenanet comes out with a massive amount of free content that keeps me coming back every day. Overall, this game is incredible, and I would recommend it to anybody and everybody. Expand
  77. Aug 28, 2012
    this game is everything Arenanet promised and even more, I have to say I was one of the skeptics but 2 days into the headstart I had really to change my "tune", the artistic direction is astonishing, I knew it was good but still it surprised me very much offering a powerful gameplay and a deep immersive scenery. the dynamic events are perfect for one like me that needs to do somethingthis game is everything Arenanet promised and even more, I have to say I was one of the skeptics but 2 days into the headstart I had really to change my "tune", the artistic direction is astonishing, I knew it was good but still it surprised me very much offering a powerful gameplay and a deep immersive scenery. the dynamic events are perfect for one like me that needs to do something meaningful and fun even in the days when I can log for 40 minutes or less. GW2 is definitely a keeper and i consider it worth every penny. Expand
  78. Aug 28, 2012
    I don't have mmo experience, so this goes from a newcomer. GW2 gives you some very nice possibilities to play with your friends, while making possible to play with other unknown fellas, since there is a really coop scenario around. PVE is great, the maps are big enough and have a lot of actions. There are quests, but in a new fashion, much more interesting since in many ways they are freeI don't have mmo experience, so this goes from a newcomer. GW2 gives you some very nice possibilities to play with your friends, while making possible to play with other unknown fellas, since there is a really coop scenario around. PVE is great, the maps are big enough and have a lot of actions. There are quests, but in a new fashion, much more interesting since in many ways they are free to go around, not having to grab up 80 items and run back to the city. Crafting is awesome, really challenges you to go forward in those maps that you already know.

The WvW is awesome too, since PvE is connected to it, so there is a huge sense of progress. And even my friend who was a PvP-only guys is already hooked in blasting our way through those pesky invaders!!!

PvP is very very good, those tournaments are asking to be e-sport. But laggy servers can be sensed in this beginning (to be fair, these complaints are being filed in the launch day). All in all, the game shines while having some minor bugs or uncomfortable traits (like joining friends in overflow areas are still catchy).
  79. Aug 28, 2012
    Its the best gaming experience I had since the start of wow in 2005. Since then I tried them all. I mean all the other competitors on the mmo market. Age of Conan, Warhammer, LotR ,Rift, Champions Online,Star Trek, Swtor

Found myself getting back to Wow over and over again. It is far too soon to give any real critics because i havent seen the endcontent of this game yet. But I have to say that I enjoy this game very much.
    Thats all.
    I like this game, its beautiful and rewarding.
  80. Aug 28, 2012
    Although Guild wars 2 is not perfect, it is the closest an MMO has been able to get so far. The graphics are absolutely incredible and make the world a joy to explore, though occasional texture bug do occur. The combat is movement based, and heavily reliant on quick reactions and timing. Players will often be able to kill enemies several levels above them through the use of careful dodgingAlthough Guild wars 2 is not perfect, it is the closest an MMO has been able to get so far. The graphics are absolutely incredible and make the world a joy to explore, though occasional texture bug do occur. The combat is movement based, and heavily reliant on quick reactions and timing. Players will often be able to kill enemies several levels above them through the use of careful dodging and skill use. The skill system is more simplistic than Guild wars 1, that is most certainly true. For me, this is a good thing; the complex builds and amount of skills in guild wars 1 were often overwhelming. The Guild wars 2 system trades amount of builds for skilled usage of said builds. However, there are still a surprising amount of builds when you factor in traits and gear. The dynamic event system is truly one of the best things about this game. Events take the place of quests and work to assure that there is always something new and interesting happening in old areas. As for pvp: World vs World is one of the most fun you can have in a game even when you're losing. In the past few days I've seen flanking maneuvers, ambushes, baiting, distraction, and day long sieges. The most disappointing thing about WvW is that it is almost always full on high population servers. The only real negatives of GW2 at the moment is that joining in with friends is sometimes difficult due to the intense server stress over launch. I have no doubt that this will be fixed in the coming days. So, why do I give it a ten? Three reasons: 1. Its the funnest game I have played to date. I have never played a game for more than six hours straight before, but this one had more going on twelve. 2. Because I believe that the small issues that it currently has will be taken care of as the game becomes stable. Arenanet is an awesome company that sincerely listens to its feedback. Expand
  81. Aug 28, 2012
    Visually stunning, extreme fun gameplay, the game never stops surprising with Dynamic Events. The world changes but not just for me - everyone's actions affect the game itself. Exploration is amazing with hidden caves behind waterfalls, jump puzzles, vistas. Incredible range of choice in character creation and customization. Everyone is playing GW2 - most fun in an MMO that I've had in years.
  82. Aug 28, 2012
    Having played Lineage 2, WoW, Guild wars 1 and other F2P MMO's i can say, that this is the best MMO ever released (IMHO). I give it a solid 10. Great graphics, sound, MUSIC BY JEREMY SOULE, the gameplay is extremely hooking and awesome aswell.
  83. Aug 28, 2012
    It's pretty damn awesome. With the personal quests, dynamic events, spvp, WvWvW and rewarding exploration, you are up for the best mmorpg you have tried in a long time. Leave the mindset of all the other mmorpgs and embrace this as what it truly is: something unique and amazing.
  84. Aug 28, 2012
    What is there not to like? The amount of depth in ArenaNet's new MMO Guild Wars 2 is simply astounding. While the graphics are relatively average the attention detail makes up for it. Everything from players leaving footprint trails and idly toying with their weapons while out of combat to the sheer volume and depth of the dynamic event system is mind blowing. The action based combatWhat is there not to like? The amount of depth in ArenaNet's new MMO Guild Wars 2 is simply astounding. While the graphics are relatively average the attention detail makes up for it. Everything from players leaving footprint trails and idly toying with their weapons while out of combat to the sheer volume and depth of the dynamic event system is mind blowing. The action based combat brings a whole new level to the MMO experience and the dodge mechanic feels natural and responsive. Emphasis is placed on well timed dodges and skill usage instead of mindlessly spamming ability rotations.

The map completion mechanic combined with gathering nodes being individual player based along with the dynamic events really makes the leveling fun and rewards exploration. While no single mechanic is revolutionary the combination of many great ideas and how well they all flow together really just makes this game work.

P.S. I have been dropping the F bomb in general chat all day for 3 days and not been banned. Those others must have been really abusive. There is a profanity filter for a reason.
  85. Aug 28, 2012
    Awesome game and awesome value. The game is well designed and highly refined. The graphics and the world they created are incredible. This game is so deep, there is so much to do and so much to learn, and every thing is well thought out and balanced. It definitely has a different feel from any other MMO I've played, in a good way. There are a lot of good ideas here that have beenAwesome game and awesome value. The game is well designed and highly refined. The graphics and the world they created are incredible. This game is so deep, there is so much to do and so much to learn, and every thing is well thought out and balanced. It definitely has a different feel from any other MMO I've played, in a good way. There are a lot of good ideas here that have been executed well. The PvP is blast. I have experienced no server issues, no bugs nothing.
    I will be playing this game for years to come because there is so much here. This game is highly recommended.
  86. Aug 28, 2012
    Great game! Haven't had this much fun in years. So much to see and do, so many options and none of it has me screaming in frustration. Crafting is probably the weakest part for me, but even that might pan out better once the AH is working. Otherwise, I'm canceling all my other MMO subs and plan to be lost in Tyria for months if not years. Can't wait to see how the game grows and whatGreat game! Haven't had this much fun in years. So much to see and do, so many options and none of it has me screaming in frustration. Crafting is probably the weakest part for me, but even that might pan out better once the AH is working. Otherwise, I'm canceling all my other MMO subs and plan to be lost in Tyria for months if not years. Can't wait to see how the game grows and what they add post launch to this already gigantic whopper of a game. Expand
  87. Aug 28, 2012
    This game is very well put together for an MMO. The class and skill section is very different based off your standard MMO. That makes it fun in my opinion, the ability to switch out certain skills outside of your core skills is awesome. Whereas in GW1, you had to run back into town to change any skill at all. The graphics are really well done for a MMO, and people who complain that theThis game is very well put together for an MMO. The class and skill section is very different based off your standard MMO. That makes it fun in my opinion, the ability to switch out certain skills outside of your core skills is awesome. Whereas in GW1, you had to run back into town to change any skill at all. The graphics are really well done for a MMO, and people who complain that the graphics are just being too picky. Yes they may not be the BEST GRAPHICS EVER, but they should remember that if a MMO were to put out graphics like a standard RPG or action game, think how much processing power that would be to render that many characters at that magnitude. Anyways, I love the game and recommend picking it up. It will have a few glitches but nothing thats massively damning to the game. Remember people, it JUST came out, its bound to have a few glitches. (remember diablo 3 or even GW1 when it came out or World of Warcraft wasnt perfect either at launch) Expand
  88. Aug 28, 2012
    Amazing! More content that you will know what to do with, all in a gorgeous environment with active, FUN combat. Much love to Arenanet for releasing such an awesome game. Granted it's not perfect, but for every one scuff mark, there are 10 things that will blow your mind.
  89. Aug 28, 2012
    This game is amazing. It is not in anyway your typical MMO game. It does almost everything differently. Play any character you want, however you want. You don't need to rely on people to tank or heal you. For PvP you can jump in right away with a max level character and gear and start pvping right away, as It is skill based not gear based.
  90. Aug 28, 2012
    This game is exactly what the MMO world needed. It is a breath of fresh air into a genre that has recently become very stale. This is a great MMO for anyone that has a life as you can very seemlessly hop in and out of the action. It's not about chasing a carrot on a stick it's about having fun and I really appreciate all the hard work that has gone into developing it.
  91. Aug 28, 2012
    I don't like rating games with a 10 until it's a true winner. Also I haven't played long enough for it to have reasons to rate it "perfect". I'll make it short and simple for you, though:

Buy it. Own it. Play it. Enjoy!
  92. Aug 28, 2012
    I've looked through many of the negative reviews for this game, and every single one is making assumptions about the game which simply aren't true. I'm tired of seeing people who played the game for an hour complain about features of the game that they have not fully experienced, or don't understand yet. For example, one person complains that you can't play together because of overflowI've looked through many of the negative reviews for this game, and every single one is making assumptions about the game which simply aren't true. I'm tired of seeing people who played the game for an hour complain about features of the game that they have not fully experienced, or don't understand yet. For example, one person complains that you can't play together because of overflow servers, when you can easily just right click on a party member and 'Join In' on their overflow server. Not to mention overflow servers will become less necessary as the playerbase expands across the world. Right now everyone is in the 1-30 levels so yeah, there's overflow servers. But there's also no queues to get in and play.

Some others complained about the skill system. Saying it is too limited. GW2 uses a weapon skill system that gives you five skills based on your weapon(s) and complains that this makes it 'generic.' I don't know how anyone can say that every class having many different sets of skills available to them is somehow more limited than every class having exactly the same cookie cutter skills. An elementalist specced around dagger+focus is extremely different from an elementalist specced around the staff. A warrior specced around sword+shield is completely different from a warrior specced around the rifle. This system creates classes within classes. It isn't limiting at all.

Speaking of skills, another person complained that you only get a handful of skills compared to other MMOs. This isn't true. Weapon swapping is an important part of gameplay. During combat most classes can swap between two sets of weapons, giving them ten weapon skills plus their healing/utility skills. The fewest number of skills a class can have available at a time is 16. In the case of elementalists, they can swap attunements between four elements giving them 20 weapon skills plus their 5 healing/utility skills. 25 total. The engineer gets kits that replace their weapon skills with special engineer-only skills, and they can carry three of these kits at a time, and each utility skill gives them a special ability that they can use at any time, regardless of whether the kit is active or not. This comes out to 5 weapon skills, 15 kit skills, 2 healing abilities, and 2 elite abilities. For a total of 24.

There is plenty of variety, IMO more than other MMOs by a longshot. Not to mention that while other MMOs have very samey abilities, virtually every ability in GW2 is interesting, unique, and beautiful to watch. Characters will leap at foes and dance around them evading blows. But a lot of this is unlocked over time as you play the game.

Others complain about the questing system. This is a game about exploration where you can travel where you want and do what you want, and have that progress be meaningful and develop your character. You can get through the entire game without doing a single 'kill ten rats' quest if you wish. Or without doing a single 'collect ten flowers' quest. The free-roaming nature of the questing system obviously throws some people off, but I for one would never go back. And for those who enjoy more linear quests, the personal stories provide beautifully scripted quests where you have to make choices about things that directly impact your character's life.

Events are somewhat generic in the early starting areas of the game, but they quickly evolve into deeply satisfying contested areas where forts change hands and entire areas once friendly are overrun with enemies. I've stood on the walls of a fortress in the Shiverpeaks and rained fire on invading enemies, only to be pushed out of the fortress. And after rallying together with other players, we stormed the fortress and took it back from the invaders. No this was not PvP, this was Players versus Events. Until you've experienced chained events with world-changing results, you haven't experienced Events.

I've played in all the beta weekends and in the headstart. It might just be the best game I have ever played, and I never thought I'd say that about an MMO. Everything is polished to a perfect shine. Its gameplay, unlike every other MMO I have played, would not lose its appeal even in a single player setting. This is truly a revolutionary game in the MMO genre, and it makes sense that some people aren't going to get it right away. But that just means that you might want to think twice before taking the advice of someone who played the game for an hour and thinks he's seen enough to rate it.
  93. Aug 28, 2012
    So many things to find, so many hidden areas, treasures that exist in incredibly out of the way places just for fun. My expectations were high going into this, they were exceeded.
  94. Aug 28, 2012
    I'm not one to review many games, but I felt this was worth sharing. This game is too addicting, visually very pleasing, and alluring. Guild Wars 2 = Wife Aggro
  95. Aug 28, 2012
    How can this game get anything less than a 10, £40 for a game ill be playing for years, NO MONTHLY FEES, of course there are bugs, rating the game 0 because the trading post doesn't work is stupid, bugs will get fixed, updates expanding the world for free, Rewarded for working together, exploring, nothing feels like a choir, just fun. Highly Recommended!
  96. Aug 29, 2012
    Really good game.
    I played GW1 a lot, and my first impression on GW2 was not so good I was expecting. But in a couple of hour, all my doubts disappear. Musics are just magic.
    The game is fun and dynamic. Pve and Pvp are both really good. The only thing who didn't convince me is the story because some dialogs are bad (but not awful). It take a lot of pleasure with this game, and no
    Really good game.
    The game is fun and dynamic.
    Pve and Pvp are both really good.

It take a lot of pleasure with this game, and no technical problem, so a great game for me.
  97. Aug 29, 2012
    This game is AWESOME. The best MMOPRG since WoW The Burning Crusade. One of the most beautiful game EVER. Don't trust the haters that give a negative scores. Haters gonna hate. Buy this game. Play this game. Love this game.
  98. Aug 29, 2012
    Guild Wars 2 gives you an amazing fantasy world to explore. Many times have i been on a mission only to get sidetracked by something at the horizon, a group of players running past me clearly onto something interesting, NPC:s chatter hinting at hidden stuff and last but not least hidden jumping puzzles with even more hidden content!
    Do Not Play This Game As Other MMO:s!
    Dont just do the
    Do Not Play This Game As Other MMO:s!
    Dont just do the Renown hearts and think that thats it, explore, think outside the box and you will be rewarded with hundreds of hours of pure joy.
    The engine isnt the best out there but thanks to the fantastic artists at A-net the game looks astonishing with a new sight around every corner.
    At the moment of writing this theres some problem with the Party and Trading features but thats minor issues that will be sorted quickly im sure.

This is a Must Buy!
  99. Aug 29, 2012
    Guild Wars 2 is a rich game with a fun environment that feels alive. The questing is fun and you are rewarded for exploration. The combat is very smooth and intuitive, the skill dodge element is a nice touch. The world is huge, the art style and graphics are pretty. Overall I have enjoyed my time in GW2 thus far and would recommend it to any who is a fan of the MMO genre.
  100. Aug 29, 2012
    Nice graphics and immersive world, very detailed and made with love. Beautiful main cities. Interesting combat mechanics, with different skills for different weapons additional to traits and other skills. Meaningful crafting with discovery of new reciepes and xp gain. Travel instantly from anywhere to designated teleporters. Funny events and quests. WvW is very funny and gives bonuses toNice graphics and immersive world, very detailed and made with love. Beautiful main cities. Interesting combat mechanics, with different skills for different weapons additional to traits and other skills. Meaningful crafting with discovery of new reciepes and xp gain. Travel instantly from anywhere to designated teleporters. Funny events and quests. WvW is very funny and gives bonuses to the whole server. Game runs smooth. Only downside yet, trading post still isn't working and they have sometimes connectivity issues. Expand
  101. Aug 28, 2012
    Definitely one of the least generic and most satisfying MMOs out there. For the first time in a MMO I couldn't care less about the XP bar filling up, was just so busy doing other stuff and exploring! Dynamic events and the beautiful world add even more to the experience....everything is so so polished, a must have if you are even slightly interested in MMOs. Not to mention that GW2 willDefinitely one of the least generic and most satisfying MMOs out there. For the first time in a MMO I couldn't care less about the XP bar filling up, was just so busy doing other stuff and exploring! Dynamic events and the beautiful world add even more to the experience....everything is so so polished, a must have if you are even slightly interested in MMOs. Not to mention that GW2 will get even better with updates and further expansions! Collapse

2. Jan 2, 2013