4.3

1. Oct 4, 2013
    Great game, loads of fun to play.
    As a long time AoS player I honestly don't know what most of the complaints here are about, and as a developer and programmer I feel many of them come from a very naive and biased standpoint. This game took what made the AoS beta so fun and ran with it, and as long as it stays in the hands of the same developers and continues on, it can only get better.
    Great game, loads of fun to play.
    Keep in mind the game just came out and is far from being finished, yes, it has bugs, yes, it appears half done, that's because it is, people who come here and say things like "Omg these graphics are SOO 90's, and I can't even change them, wtf" honestly don't have anything to argue over, it's not about the graphics, and settings to change them are on the way anyways.
    Comparing it to AoS also doesn't make sense because they are two completely different games, AoS is more refined and built better, yes, because it was bought by a major company that decided to drive it into the dirt just so they could make money off of it, but saying that AoS is better balanced is something I can't even begin to comprehend, what Jagex have made out of it is one of the most wildly and senselessly unbalanced games I have ever played in my life, which is why I can't stand to play it, and because of all that, Guncraft has something that AoS no longer has: Potential; it's still in the making and being improved all the time.
    I bought the 4 pack for 20 bucks during a steam sale and really can't complain, loads of fun with friends and the customization options means the game will never get old, new maps and new content are being created all the time by the ever growing fanbase and the voting system is always fun to check into and see what people have submitted.
    Great game, can only get better, 8/10
  2. Oct 16, 2013
    This game is such a great shooter. It lets you create your own guns! It lets you create prefabs for use in battle, it lets you create maps, skins, etc. You can publish these creations to Steam workshop, and you can easily find new creations made by others.

You may find reviews saying that there's lag. All the lag issues, crash bugs, and other bugs have been fixed. The game is perfectly stable.

There's now more people playing the game, and quite a few great gamemodes to choose from. For example: Siege. It tasks each team with building a trebuchet, while trying to prevent the other team from doing the same. It's a game that could only work in Guncraft.

You may hear people raging about the graphics. Sure, it has no VFX settings, because there's nothing to adjust. You can adjust the FOV, and that's really all you need to do. There's nothing wrong with the menus, they're easily navigated.

If you want to know what your classes have equipped, head to the class editor, where everything is explained. The game is very well balanced, and all the weapons actually require skill to use, instead of the "OP guns" people rage about. If someone's doing good with a custom gun, it's because they have enough skill to hit the over-sized heads in the game.

The game is most certainly not a knock off, and it's much better than AoS. In AoS, everything is very easily destroyed. Thanks to a recent Guncraft update, things are harder to destroy, meaning that building gives you an advantage. The prefabs build quickly, and it's very easy to create maps with friends.

The game looks good(good for the purposefully old graphics), and I ran across no lag issues whatsoever. All the animations are good, and the game automatically adjusts resolution.

The server browser is easy to understand, and has options to order games by ping, GM, number of players, etc. There's a built in clan system, and a built in friend option for the non Steam versions.

The default maps are good, and new ones are added regularly. Given the option to play on custom maps as well as official ones, you'll never run out of new maps. The content creation tools are easy to use, and are easy to learn, meaning that you'll be building maps, guns, and other custom content in no time. Things are also very easy to share with workshop.

All in all, it's a great shooter that's limited only by your imagination. All of the bugs have been fixed, so don't be afraid to get the game!
  3. Sep 30, 2013
    Guncraft is quite enjoyable. The gunplay is really nice, and the ability to make your own custom guns, maps, and skins and use them is very cool. The feeling you get when playing online using a gun you built is just wonderful. Many of the bad reviews on here are from when it was first released. Numerous fixes have been made since then, many cool things have been added, and the communityGuncraft is quite enjoyable. The gunplay is really nice, and the ability to make your own custom guns, maps, and skins and use them is very cool. The feeling you get when playing online using a gun you built is just wonderful. Many of the bad reviews on here are from when it was first released. Numerous fixes have been made since then, many cool things have been added, and the community has grown alot. The devs are nice, helpful guys, and the game they've made is great. If you're looking for a unique, fun shooter, I recommend Guncraft. Expand
  4. Aug 16, 2013
    This game is obviously compared greatly to Minecraft and Call of Duty among other general FPS games. But there is so much more beneath the surface! The creativity aspects of the game (though time consuming) are fairly fun and rewarding. You can create maps, guns and character designs to add a unique style to your player. The game modes are standard FPS game modes but they also add inThis game is obviously compared greatly to Minecraft and Call of Duty among other general FPS games. But there is so much more beneath the surface! The creativity aspects of the game (though time consuming) are fairly fun and rewarding. You can create maps, guns and character designs to add a unique style to your player. The game modes are standard FPS game modes but they also add in classic user created games originating from Minecraft, like Spleef. Among others. Overall this game is a great chance to mess about and really show your style off on a personal level through customization and is good for a mess about with mates or on your own in the online battles. Minecraft creativity mixed with FPS Shooter. Overall its good fun! Expand
  5. Erk
    Aug 22, 2013
    Lots of fun and unique gametypes on top of the normal DM and TDM. Being able to create your own level and racetracks along with your own weapons and skins make this a great game for those with a little creativity. This is not an inherently competitive game but is great for some friendly fun matches.
  6. Oct 5, 2013
    This game isn't perfect, but at least you can use your creativity to change the battlefield (aka prefabs).
    And yes, it looks like the game Ace of Spades, but it's better (Steam version of AoS sucks).
    Also, the game have some bugs and problems now. But the devs are updating the game, so that's not a problem. If you are choosing between AoS or Guncraft, you may prefer the Guncraft, or
    If you are choosing between AoS or Guncraft, you may prefer the Guncraft, or the free version of AoS (which is called "Build n' shoot").
  7. Oct 9, 2013
    The game is extremely fun and would only benefit from more community members. I found little to no glitchiness common with other fps games and frankly it runs smoother than most AAA fps games. A night of gaming on this is bound to have less interruptions than we are going to have with BF4 in a few weeks.

I have a ton of fun building towers and such to create unique areas to defend

I have a ton of fun building towers and such to create unique areas to defend against the other team. No other game is going to give you this kind of creativity and strategy in an FPS.
  8. Aug 20, 2013
    There are a lot of zeros out there on this game, and I just can't see where they are coming from. Is this game the greatest game to end all games? No. And I highly doubt that is what the creators were going for. This is a quirky, fun first person shooter with a solid base grown that takes the idea of 'destructible terrain' that is a common feature in many modern military shooters andThere are a lot of zeros out there on this game, and I just can't see where they are coming from. Is this game the greatest game to end all games? No. And I highly doubt that is what the creators were going for. This is a quirky, fun first person shooter with a solid base grown that takes the idea of 'destructible terrain' that is a common feature in many modern military shooters and brings it into a minecraftian world where you can dig out trenches for fighting against your fellows. The game is definitely going for a -stylized- game and they achieve that style well. If you don't like the minecraft visuals, you won't like this game.

As far as the gameplay goes, i found it easy to pick up and run with. It wasn't hard to find a server and play and I found the balance to be pretty good. There were a variety of vehicles that each had their advantages, but they also didn't completely stomp those players who weren't in vehicles. The guns don't -feel- like they pack a lot of heft to them, but that is to be expected from this sort of game. It still felt satisfying when playing.
  9. Aug 20, 2013
    Love this game!!! I've been a Minecraft player for years now and spend most of my time building things, Guncraft lets you build almost anything you can imagine and then use it online with friends in crazy Deathmatch arena's. If you like to create things and like games like Call of Duty or Battlefiled this is a must have. So glad I got it.
  10. Aug 11, 2013
    This game is Ace of Spades but good.
    I don't see why everyone hates this game so much, i have never crashed once, and the game is balanced.
    They have already stated that GFX options are on the way, so stop whining about it. My ONE problem with the game is the fact that EVERYTHING has to be approved. Custom Guns will be shot down if they don't look as good as some of the best default
    This game is Ace of Spades but good.
    My ONE problem with the game is the fact that EVERYTHING has to be approved. Custom Guns will be shot down if they don't look as good as some of the best default guns, same with skins.
  11. Mar 26, 2014
    Defiantly the best game I have ever played. I have played this for over 50 hours in total. I love it to death. Thousands of maps, guns, prefabs and skins. That's what makes this game never get old. Also a bunch of different game mods. Buy it. J-Just... buy it.
  12. Mar 15, 2015
    It's a great game to play, and it's not at all terrible, but almost nobody plays it online. Although the game's engine and graphics can both feel a little weird and a bit too simple, I like the in-game, smooth, solid graphics. VERDICT: Buy this game, and invite your friends to play with you online.

1. Sep 3, 2013
    Guncraft is addictive and ambitious. Exato has achieved a real feat in utilising Minecraft’s template in such innovative ways. The potential for creativity and its pure gameplay should make Guncraft a hub of imagination once it becomes more populated and utilised.
  2. Aug 27, 2013
    While I had fun running and gunning through diverse and destructible levels in Guncraft, the poorly implemented building component fails to make it stand out from the pack.
  3. Aug 19, 2013
    Guncraft is a showcase of the future of first person shooters. Unfortunately all the freedom is heavily inhibited by uninspired choices and unoriginal visuals.