Half-Life 2 PC

9.2

1. RobertS.
    May 19, 2008
    This game rocks. Just finished and I have to admit it hooked me from the begining.
  2. Maslab
    May 19, 2008
    No game is perfect, but Half Life 2 probably hits the mark closer than most. But poor AI most all around just makes enemies too easy. Its understandable if the enemies are zombies or Antlions, but armored, trained soldiers should be able to figure out what a grenade is, and to properly use cover. Awesome graphics, no fault there, and controls are easy, and what can I say about the grav No game is perfect, but Half Life 2 probably hits the mark closer than most. But poor AI most all around just makes enemies too easy. Its understandable if the enemies are zombies or Antlions, but armored, trained soldiers should be able to figure out what a grenade is, and to properly use cover. Awesome graphics, no fault there, and controls are easy, and what can I say about the grav gun that hasn't been said before? Its just amazing. Expand
  3. DylanF.
    May 27, 2008
    This game is a perfect example of what Valve software can do. 10. 18 if it was possible
  4. JCortez
    May 31, 2008
    Years of work by valve, anticipation, and it all paid off!! A Classic for YEARS to come!!
  5. p00berpoob
    May 31, 2008
    Great play, great mods great story!
  6. DevinFore
    Jun 1, 2008
    This game has the best graphics, a huge improvment from the 1st half life, i hope they make a 3rd half life, for pc =)
  7. PutinVladimir
    Jun 3, 2008
    COOL!!!
  8. Menschke
    Jun 6, 2008
    Nice singleplayer game. So nice.
  9. DavidS.
    Jun 6, 2008
    Love the game only key board game I play.
  10. EugeneZ.
    Jun 8, 2008
    Just one word for this game... AWESOME!
  11. Nick
    Jun 9, 2008
    My pc was struggling to run this game and I still played through it. This game was great almost a movie.
  12. ChrisP.
    Jun 10, 2008
    This game is very good. If there wasn't puzzles the game could be completed in any time. This game does not just require a monkey to play. It requires a human with a brain to play. The graphics are nice, especially when it was released in 2004. It beated every other game. When Half Life 3 arrives, the world of gaming will get a new action king.
  13. Markus
    Jun 11, 2008
    This was the most entertaining games i've ever played, i give this 10 without a doubt.
  14. MattiL.
    Jun 12, 2008
    Almost as good as the one and only.
  15. TeodorIkonomov
    Jun 12, 2008
  16. TeodorIkonomov
    Jun 14, 2008
  17. AlexG.
    Jun 14, 2008
    This is on of my favorites.. Everything about it makes me want to cry because nothing like it has been done ever in the gaming world.
  18. CraigF.
    Jun 20, 2008
    One of the genre defining games, that fans must play!
  19. AshleyM.
    Jun 22, 2008
    Best ever game made besides Half-Life 1.
  20. AnthonyR.
    Jun 24, 2008
    Excellent game all around. Great graphics, very good as one of the first "next gen" games. Incredible story and game play. Perfect for Oldschool half-life fans like myself and also for newcomers who have never played. Great sound quality. Insanely fun to play on and offline.
  21. FreeScience
    Jun 29, 2008
    Best Story, best Gameplay, best Graphics, best Physics ever !!!
  22. LukeM.
    Jun 29, 2008
  23. JoaoT.
    Jul 2, 2008
    Well, this is the videogame of videogames, this is revolution, i've never seen one pc game so close to perfection . This game is enough for me to cry, it's really good . Amazing shooter, grafics, everything .
  24. PedroS.
    Jul 2, 2008
    Perfect, only the original is equal.
  25. ElangelM.
    Jul 2, 2008
    Wow best game i have seen, ever.
  26. IvanM.
    Jul 6, 2008
    This game good.No its not good..its amazing.For 2004 year its looking very good,good physics and revolution engine with good graph.What else need to enjoy best game of 2004?
  27. ChadD.
    Jul 6, 2008
    Nick C., I take it, has never played DooM or FEAR. This game's gore is mild at best, and has just enough to keep the average gamer satisfied. Yet, I do remember sawing a zombie in half and pausing for a moment in disgust, but after the third or fourth time it becomes more entertaining than sickening. Half-Life 2 is a must buy for anybody who calls themselves a gamer. If you think Nick C., I take it, has never played DooM or FEAR. This game's gore is mild at best, and has just enough to keep the average gamer satisfied. Yet, I do remember sawing a zombie in half and pausing for a moment in disgust, but after the third or fourth time it becomes more entertaining than sickening. Half-Life 2 is a must buy for anybody who calls themselves a gamer. If you think Halo is the best game ever, I feel sorry for you, because you are out of the loop of games and are only seeing what the media blows out of proportion. Half-Life may be unrealistic unrealistic in parts, but what the hell, it's a game. Even the new xbox 360 version has already set the graphical, gameplay, and story telling standard for all games, and it was just released last year. Half-Life will live on in the same way that movies like Rockey have. Gamers will forever cherish their copy of Half-Life, and the expansions that came with it. I highly recommend this to anybody and everybody, even those who have never played a game. Expand
  28. PCGamer
    Jul 6, 2008
    Best Singleplayer Game ever for its time. The Graphics were stunning and the storyline was amazing. I have replayed it countless times and still enjoy it.
  29. TelmoC.
    Jul 8, 2008
    The best game in the world.
  30. CameronT.
    Jul 8, 2008
    Half Life 2 is a long awaited sequel to a classic. It delivers continuous and unmatched action throughout its storyline, and succeeds in facing the user with small packs of puzzle solving and dialogue to keep you having fun, and being immersed!
  31. NicholasG.
    Jul 8, 2008
    Of all of the games I have ever played, Half-Life 2 stands out as the best first-person shooter. The technical prowess Valve showcased with this 2004 release certainly did raise the bar on visuals in a game . No PC game has ever quite influenced the game industry quite as much as Half-Life 2, with legendary physics-based gameplay and the ultimate sci-fi story. Half-Life 2 will be Of all of the games I have ever played, Half-Life 2 stands out as the best first-person shooter. The technical prowess Valve showcased with this 2004 release certainly did raise the bar on visuals in a game . No PC game has ever quite influenced the game industry quite as much as Half-Life 2, with legendary physics-based gameplay and the ultimate sci-fi story. Half-Life 2 will be remembered forever as one of the greatest games ever made. I can't recommend this game enthusiastically enough to convey my feelings towards it, so I'm just going to blandly say, if you are a mature gamer with a working computer, you NEED this game. Expand
  32. jeremyf.
    Jul 8, 2008
    The best game ever. Amazing story and general game play. The multi player is great. The best graphics yet! Oh did i say amazing story, cuz it really is great. This game also has some of the coolist mods ever such as Dystopia. Just plain amazing. 10 is not high enuff.
  33. QuasimU.
    Jul 10, 2008
    Easily the best FPS I have ever played! Graphics are great, physics are amazing, enemy AI is insane, and gameplay is top of the notch. Well worth the entry price, as you will likely replay this.Gravity Gun is the single coolest thing ever envisioned. If you don't have this, go out and buy it now!
  34. EatPeople
    Jul 10, 2008
    awesome game =D anyone who rates it less than a 7 either doesn't know how to have fun, rates the game based on steam which is something else entirely, or is really really easily grossed out, Nick C.... >.>
  35. DillonS.
    Jul 10, 2008
    I felt every emotion. Nuff said.
  36. TimW.
    Jul 11, 2008
    Fun,nice to look at!
  37. ChrisJ
    Jul 12, 2008
    Above average FPS. Great value with the orange box. Oh and "Nick C" The game is not designed for you. You see 13 != 15. Go back to pokemon.
  38. JayC
    Jul 13, 2008
    Good to know that Nick C bases one of the greatest games in history on how big of a little pussy bitch he is. The game is rated Mature for the older people that have grown out of diapers. Don't review games based on how big of a bitch you are.
  39. TylerC.
    Jul 14, 2008
    This is undoubtedly one of the greatest games in existence from the beginning of time. Only the first Half-Life can compare to its glory. With such an immersive storyline, compelling life-like characters, real-life physics, and exceptional gameplay, Half-Life 2 has raised the bar for what FPS games should be and uses that bar to smack every other game into submission, relentlessly.
  40. BjörnK.
    Jul 15, 2008
    Great gameplay; astonishing, authentic environment and atmosphere. Compellingly one of the best FPS ever.
  41. DevonS.
    Jul 19, 2008
    This game is one of the very elite, very few single-player games with a steady storyline and linear aspect (not to be confused with sandbox games) that I have played through more than once.
  42. Zephyrh.
    Jul 19, 2008
    It is brilliant, the story is the best part.
  43. JohnR..
    Jul 20, 2008
    Haven't even gone too deep into the game yet, but I can already see that it lives up to it's predecessor's awesome existence.
  44. Tyranick
    Jul 21, 2008
    First of all, Nick C? You have to be one of the stupidist people I have EVER seen comment on here for 5 reasons. 1) What are you doing playing a 18 rated games at 5 AND 13?! 2) Woah woah woah...you think HL2 is more violent that HL1?! You must be blind...people explode into gibs in HL1. In Hl2 you cant do that, yes there's people being hanged and the "scare" element is more severe First of all, Nick C? You have to be one of the stupidist people I have EVER seen comment on here for 5 reasons. 1) What are you doing playing a 18 rated games at 5 AND 13?! 2) Woah woah woah...you think HL2 is more violent that HL1?! You must be blind...people explode into gibs in HL1. In Hl2 you cant do that, yes there's people being hanged and the "scare" element is more severe but...its nothing you couldn't handle surely. And its zombies you split in half not "people" have you even played the game properly? You think this game is violent? Try watching SAW 4 or playing F.E.A.R. you ignorant little child then you'll see. 3) You rate a game based on its level of gore? Really shows your age...GTFO. 4)Eyes bulging from their head? Now I know your making things up. 5) Its people like you who should banned and removed from ratings and reviewing games. You said your self your 13...but you cant even handle the gore in HL2? Wow your the biggest pussy I've ever seen as well...grow up ffs. Now for the review...whats is their to say short of masterpiece? Its the most engaging, most atmospheric, most well designed and most BRILLIANTLY voice acted FPS game there has EVER been. Stunning graphics and physics engine for its time, and still is after nearly 4 years! Cant believe it came out before games like Bioshock and UT3 and such. Its virtually IMPOSSIBLE to get bored of this game. There's ENDLESS easter eggs and secrets to find, messing about with the physics is just spectacular, (And with GMOD really came the extravigance! :D) setting traps with the physics, building defences and making little towers EPIC! Playing with the AI, the epic scripted sequences of the helicopter chases, on foot chas.es...and the suttle little "scares" which keep you on your toes...its not FEAR, but it does the job well :). The only place were you can knock it down is the Team Mate AI. There not the greatest in the world but there not the worst, a lot of the time they will just run out and get them selves killed, or just not move at all, or get stuck etc etc. They can't use a lot of weapos either, only grendages, smg's, pistols and rocket lauchers but, they provide a decent meatshield :). Best part of the game? Well for me it had to be beach and highway 17 etc...I LOVED how the game "opened up" here, and it seemed less linear after your exploits in Ravenholm. The ambience of the ocean waves splashing up, the crowing of the gulls, the suttle remains of car crashes and corpses laying about with there bodies smeared across the ground, or hanging from ropes on trees etc...ooh the atmosphere is unrivaled. Love everything in that sequence. As well as the bridge scene :D. Ideed...only HL1 really comes close. And with all the mods HL2 has its very hard to get bored. With EP1/2/3 out or on there way, the experience continues to grow :D. Well done Valve...keep 'em coming! Expand
  45. WillH.
    Jul 24, 2008
    This was a great game but i do think that the first Half-Life was a little better but this one was a good one hell ill give it a 10!
  46. MarkusP.
    Jul 26, 2008
    I think it´s one of the best games in world. The story is really great and interesting, the graphic is wonderful and the atmosphere is excellent.
  47. KarlS.
    Jul 28, 2008
    A truly brilliant game, great graphics, great gunplay and the facial animations are the best I've ever seen. This is the ONE unmissable game!
  48. JakeS.
    Jul 29, 2008
    As a modder, mapper, texture artist, and voice actor I must say this game has a great name already. The first game created a powerful foundation, and the second created much more room to really immerse yourself into the gameplay. Bravo guys good work!
  49. Ollskua.
    Aug 1, 2008
    The game is so near the reality because of the source engine, you just cant stop playing!
  50. JonathanC
    Aug 3, 2008
    Absolutely amazing. Great story, great graphics, great AI, great characters. How could you not like this game. Sure not as story twisting as the first but it doesn't mean it's not good still amazing.
  51. N0tiC
    Aug 5, 2008
    This is the Game that i spend most time with, I like the story, the graffic iant that bad either thought. Sure, sure it might me a little over dramatic but its fun and worth every cent! I have the whole serie, All of the Half-Life "1" (Blue...., Opposing front i think it was....) Anyway im a big fan of the Half life series! Good game!
  52. AdamW
    Aug 7, 2008
    This is possibly the most awesome game ever made in the history of PC. and is anyone was put off it by the gore then just get used to it. i think it should be granted the best game ever award.
  53. StephanK.
    Aug 11, 2008
    My most favorite FPS of all time. I have never encountered an FPS experience close to this one besides the origional Half-Life, Bioshock, and STALKER. Fantastic graphics and story compliment the well paced action.
  54. JimmyP.
    Aug 12, 2008
    A revaluation in gaming.
  55. jeanbernard
    Aug 12, 2008
    Exelent
  56. PepeE.
    Aug 13, 2008
    THE GAME. EVERYTHING is great. The graphics, the gameplay, the MUSIC the score the fx the story... you can replay it a hundred times and find something new... man... it great.
  57. StefanS.
    Aug 16, 2008
    This game does not need scoring, this game needs a monument.
  58. Jordanfunk
    Aug 17, 2008
    SWEET GAME!!!!! I love all the combine ambushes. They rock!!
  59. JordanW.
    Aug 20, 2008
    Quite simply, the best FPS of all time. Buy it.
  60. JohnC
    Aug 24, 2008
    Absolutely phenomenal. Everything from the physics engine, graphics, AI, environments, story, atmosphere, etc. is as close to perfect as you'll get in today's game market. The blending of fantastic shootouts, interesting enemies, challenging puzzles, and some jump out of your seat moments is both flawless and fun. Even better yet it comes in one of the best deals in gaming Absolutely phenomenal. Everything from the physics engine, graphics, AI, environments, story, atmosphere, etc. is as close to perfect as you'll get in today's game market. The blending of fantastic shootouts, interesting enemies, challenging puzzles, and some jump out of your seat moments is both flawless and fun. Even better yet it comes in one of the best deals in gaming period, The Orange Box. Half Life 2, Half Life 2 Ep. 1, Half Life 2 Ep. 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2. Valve has really pushed the limit and raised the bar immensely and it's time that other game companies take notice. Although this is an older game compared to most, it is still one of the best out there. Highly recommended for anyone, period. Expand
  61. AlexR.
    Sep 6, 2008
    Haven't actually got the game yet, but a friend has it and seems really good, however the seems to complicated for my pc to run it well enough to play, so thats the major complaint, but the gameplay on my mate's comp is really good, so all is good about the game itself really.
  62. LiZard
    Sep 6, 2008
    @ Marsh J. Okay, that was both racist and stupid. @ Nick C. I am also 13, but I don't whine about zombies getting sawed in half. In fact, Ravenholm is my favorite level. @ Jordan M. Oh, so we have a perfectionist here? Okay, then. Tell me why so many games that use the Unreal engine are so freaking good?? Half-Life 2, along with ANY Valve game, don't need this abuse. Really, @ Marsh J. Okay, that was both racist and stupid. @ Nick C. I am also 13, but I don't whine about zombies getting sawed in half. In fact, Ravenholm is my favorite level. @ Jordan M. Oh, so we have a perfectionist here? Okay, then. Tell me why so many games that use the Unreal engine are so freaking good?? Half-Life 2, along with ANY Valve game, don't need this abuse. Really, this is just sad how many illiterate, stupid people there are out there. As for me, I give it a 9 for the awsomeness it contains. Although I was dissapointed how I couldn't take a turret with me from Nova Prospeckt. I brought it into the teleporter, but to no avail. I'll miss you, Mr. Turret. *sob* Expand
  63. HaLf-LiFeFrEAk
    Sep 6, 2008
    It runs like crap on my computer but that doesnt mean I hate it. Only problem is the dialog stutters like heck: Mossman: A-a-a-a-a-a-le-e-ex, I-I-I-- Alex: Enough of your bul-bul-bul-bul-bullsh-shi-shi-shi-shi-...etc. Only other problem is that on ths laptop it can crash the entire system. But it is still one of the best games so far, bar none.
  64. James
    Sep 7, 2008
    A tour-de-force of jaw-dropping visual effects and action of mind-blowing intensity...in short, an overdose of FPS kick-assitude. Ten out of Ten.
  65. LukeM.
    Sep 8, 2008
  66. ZekkoD.
    Sep 8, 2008
    Ok, about what that Nick C. said is false and yes, he is the biggest pussy I've ever seen. I'm 14 and probably the biggest FPS fan at this age. I played from Ultimate Doom to Bioshock. F.E.A.R is the most scariest FPS. Ok, back to the Half Life series. Since I played Half Life 1, I finished it and loved it, it was a masterpiece. Then the Expansions, and then The Orange Box, and Ok, about what that Nick C. said is false and yes, he is the biggest pussy I've ever seen. I'm 14 and probably the biggest FPS fan at this age. I played from Ultimate Doom to Bioshock. F.E.A.R is the most scariest FPS. Ok, back to the Half Life series. Since I played Half Life 1, I finished it and loved it, it was a masterpiece. Then the Expansions, and then The Orange Box, and then Bioshock. :))... ok the orange box is the best deal in gaming history, plus it has all the half life 2 series. The 9 is from the bad jeep/airboat and low-poly graphics. Expand
  67. MattT
    Sep 9, 2008
    Excellent game, recommended after playing Counter-Strike Source and other first-shooters.
  68. WilliamC.
    Sep 9, 2008
    An incredible game that rips itself from the standard of shooter games and puts itself in another league entirely. 10/10, 11 if that was a possible score. I also have a few things to say about some of the people who "voted." Toni N. says he doesn't like HL2 because it has "too much puzzles." I think I see why even the simple physics-oriented puzzles of this game were too much for his An incredible game that rips itself from the standard of shooter games and puts itself in another league entirely. 10/10, 11 if that was a possible score. I also have a few things to say about some of the people who "voted." Toni N. says he doesn't like HL2 because it has "too much puzzles." I think I see why even the simple physics-oriented puzzles of this game were too much for his feeble mind. He's obviously dumb as a log, and proves it with his astonishingly bad vocabulary. He should stop playing games, any games at all, and try concentrating harder in English class. Nick C. was nauseated about the levels of gore in Half life. Sure, he's 13 years old, but many people have been playing games like Starcraft and Unreal since they were half that age, where marines getting chopped in half and peoples heads being disconnected from their necks were a common occurrence. Get some guts, kid. Really. Anyways, excellent game, don't let a few idiots' opinions keep ou from purchasing this. Expand
  69. RoyD.
    Sep 13, 2008
    Half-Life 2 was a truly enjoyable experience from beginning to end. It was long, but never boring, like a good movie. I loved the new gravity gun which in many cases added a truly remarkable element to the game.
  70. BenJohnson
    Sep 16, 2008
    This game is spectacular the graphic are amazing best game ever.
  71. NicolaeB.
    Sep 18, 2008
    One of my favorite stories of all time for a first person shooter. They should make this game into a movie!!!
  72. TomR.
    Sep 18, 2008
    Re-invented first person shooters just like the original. Re-playable, provocative...just stunning physics! 11/10.
  73. Food_Mongol
    Sep 21, 2008
    This has got to be the best FPS I have ever played in my life, right next to HL1 and the original DOOM. Though by no way perfect, it sure hits close to the dot with the immerse storyline and amazing interactivity. The puzzles and challenges are everywhere, and by no way can you get bored with every one. I've never seen to much character be put into a simple NPC. I mean, A random guy This has got to be the best FPS I have ever played in my life, right next to HL1 and the original DOOM. Though by no way perfect, it sure hits close to the dot with the immerse storyline and amazing interactivity. The puzzles and challenges are everywhere, and by no way can you get bored with every one. I've never seen to much character be put into a simple NPC. I mean, A random guy feels like he's real, not some two-dimensional dude who likes to pick his nose. However its the main characters who really carry it, with character development I've never seen in a game before. Its almost like an interactive book, and when you go to Episode One and Two right after you beat this, its even better. The gameplay is extraordinary, and I felt that I could just jump into it in a snap. I didn't have to look at controls or anything, and I was hauling ass! As a given, the physics is amazing, and to add to that, the Gravity Gun adds more excitement in randomness. I recommend this game to everyone, hardcore or newbie casual. This is one you want in your collection. Expand
  74. MikeM.
    Sep 23, 2008
    Gameplay: 10 The gameplay in Half-Life 2 is simply amazing. If you aren't completely used to the controls of PC First-Person Shooter controls, don't worry. This game manages to make a first level without any weapons fun! It lets you get accustom to the controls and experience the amazing physics engine this game has to offer. While I was playing through this game for the first I Gameplay: 10 The gameplay in Half-Life 2 is simply amazing. If you aren't completely used to the controls of PC First-Person Shooter controls, don't worry. This game manages to make a first level without any weapons fun! It lets you get accustom to the controls and experience the amazing physics engine this game has to offer. While I was playing through this game for the first I was simply stunned, just by the fact that you could actually pick up objects in the game. The only other time I was ever able to do this in a game was when I played a demo of Deus Ex 2 (for Xbox) at my local Play N' Trade. As for the level design, it just simply blows my mind. I actually felt as if I was Gordon Freeman (protgonist of Half-Life 2). The whole game felt like an interactive movie, mainly because of the fact that you never leave the view of the main character (this means that there were no cutscenes). Graphics: 8 The graphics in this game are nothing special, pretty much average. Although the rare polygonal shapes (such as valves or steering wheels) can tend to be an eyesore at times. There can also be annoying glitches, such as getting stuck on an object while playing. But the great thing about the graphics is that when people talk, it looks realistic, making the game even more enjoyable than before. Audio: 9 The audio in Half-Life 2 actually feels believable. I found myself looking over my shoulder from time to time when playing through Ravenholm, to make sure there were no zombies behind me. Also, when you are stuck in the middle of an ambush and are shooting blindly at you're enemies, how can you be sure that you've killed one? Half-Life 2 fixed this problem. Whenever an enemie is killed a certain sound is made, such as a squeel or beeping sound, this way you know if the coast is clear. Replay Value:9 I have completed this game at least 20 times, and enjoyed it every single time. My two favorite missions had to be Ravenholm and Highway 17. Also, if you get bored with the singleplayer campaign, why not try the multiplayer component of Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch. This delivers hours of solid multiplayer fun, with the gameplay and weaponry of the original game we know and love. Overall: 9 out of 10 Half-Life 2 is a great game, you should buy this game if you get the chance. Expand
  75. TomislavN.
    Oct 7, 2008
    This game is a revolution both in the world of Fps, and generally the whole Pc gaming community. The game has great graphical and story elements, excellent lip-synching, and something that makes you play over and over again. The music, and general sound affects are very nicely made, and perfectly combine with the story, or some game events. Characters are not only modeled by 3d, but also This game is a revolution both in the world of Fps, and generally the whole Pc gaming community. The game has great graphical and story elements, excellent lip-synching, and something that makes you play over and over again. The music, and general sound affects are very nicely made, and perfectly combine with the story, or some game events. Characters are not only modeled by 3d, but also from inside, it's like you get a completely different connection to the character you are playing, and the one who is talking to you. This is an excellent Single Player, and you won't regret the money you invest in it. The only problem is that there is no multiplayer component, but the single player component clears everything away. The game is simply amazing, classic, and totally new in the gaming industry. If you didn't buy it by now, you should. Expand
  76. NunoP.
    Oct 10, 2008
    Very very deep gameplay, awesome plot, incredible situations (like the bridge level with awesome envirnoment)... Simply the best game i have ever played hands down. Congratulations Valve.
  77. LukeM.
    Oct 17, 2008
  78. WorldBearer
    Oct 25, 2008
    Excellent game. Gameplay is fun and interesting, puzzles don't hinder the storyline, which is in itself very absorbing. Textures and Models look nice, and the stages and environments are varied and interesting. Enemy AI is fairly good, though its reactions to different situations become fairly predictable halfway through. Only other problem is the team AI, which becomes fairly Excellent game. Gameplay is fun and interesting, puzzles don't hinder the storyline, which is in itself very absorbing. Textures and Models look nice, and the stages and environments are varied and interesting. Enemy AI is fairly good, though its reactions to different situations become fairly predictable halfway through. Only other problem is the team AI, which becomes fairly annoying when trying to navigate tight passageways or attack a group of enemies. All in all however, brilliant game. Expand
  79. DanH.
    Oct 25, 2008
    I believe Halflife 2 is possibly the greatest FPS ever created, the havok system and all its litte inner workings have revolutionised the way we play games today. on a scale of one to ten this game deserves way above ten as its immense story and gameplay really keep the player submerged in a completely different world. im quite happy to play this game over and over again until i cause I believe Halflife 2 is possibly the greatest FPS ever created, the havok system and all its litte inner workings have revolutionised the way we play games today. on a scale of one to ten this game deserves way above ten as its immense story and gameplay really keep the player submerged in a completely different world. im quite happy to play this game over and over again until i cause myself major eye damage or RSI! WAY TO GO Valve on your sheer brilliance, i cant wait until the episode 3 you have me hangin on the edge of my seat. Expand
  80. JeffG.
    Oct 26, 2008
    Half-Life 2 is the reason I play FPS games. It puts Halo and Gears of War to shame. When you finish this game, you'll be crying. That's how good it is. This game has revolutionized not just FPS games, but games in general. Half-life 2 is the standard in which all FPS games are compared against. My only complaint the puzzles in the game are rather lame. But everything else makes Half-Life 2 is the reason I play FPS games. It puts Halo and Gears of War to shame. When you finish this game, you'll be crying. That's how good it is. This game has revolutionized not just FPS games, but games in general. Half-life 2 is the standard in which all FPS games are compared against. My only complaint the puzzles in the game are rather lame. But everything else makes up for it and then some. Valve has outdone themselves again. Expand
  81. LukeM.
    Nov 10, 2008
  82. VoodooJD
    Nov 13, 2008
    HL2 Set a bar to which all FPS game should aspire to achieve. Its mix of problem solving and action with a great plot driven story makes this title unmisable. HL2 was my 1st game after a long break in PC gaming for me, I had been playing console games solo for since I got my master system. This game works so well on so many levels I just couldn't believe I had neglated PC gaming for HL2 Set a bar to which all FPS game should aspire to achieve. Its mix of problem solving and action with a great plot driven story makes this title unmisable. HL2 was my 1st game after a long break in PC gaming for me, I had been playing console games solo for since I got my master system. This game works so well on so many levels I just couldn't believe I had neglated PC gaming for so many years. I was never a great fan of FPS games on the console format but some how HL2 ws able to offer a much more engrossing game that I just found hard to put down. This game has stood the test of time to as if you look at other games from the same year its quality and attention to detail still look crisp to many games being produced now. All in all a classic that everyone should own in my view. Expand
  83. FelixE.
    Nov 15, 2008
    This game is absolutely the best game I have ever played. Now I'm not saying I've played all the games in the world, but I've played quite a lot and still nothing has been able to surpass this game. The physics and graphics are great even after 4 years, the scenery is tremendous but the best part is with no doubt the story. Nothing can surpass this touching story. If you This game is absolutely the best game I have ever played. Now I'm not saying I've played all the games in the world, but I've played quite a lot and still nothing has been able to surpass this game. The physics and graphics are great even after 4 years, the scenery is tremendous but the best part is with no doubt the story. Nothing can surpass this touching story. If you want to play the best game in the world, this is it. Expand
  84. Neil
    Nov 16, 2008
    It's all been said before...beautiful graphics, excellent storyline, puzzles, the facial expressions, the fact that it's not "level1, cutscene, level 2, cutscene...." just constant story..... I could go on and on. I hate fast zombies. Thank God for the rightclick on the shotgun. I think the problem the tiny minority of people who've given this bad reviews is that they were It's all been said before...beautiful graphics, excellent storyline, puzzles, the facial expressions, the fact that it's not "level1, cutscene, level 2, cutscene...." just constant story..... I could go on and on. I hate fast zombies. Thank God for the rightclick on the shotgun. I think the problem the tiny minority of people who've given this bad reviews is that they were looking for a FPS, which this is, but it's so much more than just running about shooting baddies. Which apparently is a bad thing to some people. (!?) Episode 1&2 are both also excellent and I'm currently wettign ymself with anticipation over Episode 3! Expand
  85. LukeM.
    Nov 21, 2008
  86. Quinn
    Dec 9, 2008
    My god, this game is absolutely perfect. It completely gives you the experience that everybody needs. While it gives you that cool adrenaline rush that many action games give you, it also gives you the perfect amount of time to take a break. Basically, it's not too complex, yet it's not easy to beat for the first time. It makes you have that feeling of "Woah, that was f***ing My god, this game is absolutely perfect. It completely gives you the experience that everybody needs. While it gives you that cool adrenaline rush that many action games give you, it also gives you the perfect amount of time to take a break. Basically, it's not too complex, yet it's not easy to beat for the first time. It makes you have that feeling of "Woah, that was f***ing awesome," and after playing five minutes of it, you cannot stop playing it, you just can't. This is definitely a game for both players who like massive explosions and gore and for players who like to see beauty in a game. I have read so many reviews that said this was only a 7 or a 6 and I could not analyze why they would give this game such a vague rating. This game absolutely deserves to be played. I can't find anything that needs to be changed about it. Expand
  87. SeanT.
    Dec 10, 2008
    This game rocks.
  88. TimothyK.
    Dec 29, 2008
    This is Valve's masterpiece, a game that will live on in gaming history forever, along with their original Half-Life. The graphics are still stunning, even from four years ago. The characters are amazing, the puzzles are intriguing (although not as good as Half-Life's), the gravity gun is the most innovative weapon I've seen in any FPS ever, and the story keeps you gripped This is Valve's masterpiece, a game that will live on in gaming history forever, along with their original Half-Life. The graphics are still stunning, even from four years ago. The characters are amazing, the puzzles are intriguing (although not as good as Half-Life's), the gravity gun is the most innovative weapon I've seen in any FPS ever, and the story keeps you gripped as you discover what the world around you as become. The Combine is the epitome of evil and the style of their buildings is extremely well done. First class, must-own, amazing game. Buy The Orange Box to get two other amazing games. Expand
  89. AndrewW.
    Jan 17, 2009
    Simply the best FPS I've every played. But I hate to pigeonhole such a masterpiece as the HL2 series is so much more than just an FPS. Engaging narrative style, almost perfect pacing, ingenious level design, addictive "gamefeel", and the atmosphere in and around City 17 is simply stunning. It's feels like a first person movie and the gameplay requires thinking but will never Simply the best FPS I've every played. But I hate to pigeonhole such a masterpiece as the HL2 series is so much more than just an FPS. Engaging narrative style, almost perfect pacing, ingenious level design, addictive "gamefeel", and the atmosphere in and around City 17 is simply stunning. It's feels like a first person movie and the gameplay requires thinking but will never stump you. I simply love this game. Expand
  90. PutinVladimir
    Jan 25, 2009
    COOL!!!
  91. BennettM
    Jan 26, 2009
    Amazing game. I thought half-life 1 was great when I played it, and now you bring me something that amazes me even more! I have played it at least 5 times, and I am still not bored of it. The graphics are amazing, the physics amazing, character expressions amazing, and the story line is amazing as well! The best game I've played in 2007.
  92. TeodorIkonomov
    Jan 27, 2009
  93. SeanR
    Feb 4, 2009
    I think this is one of the BEST games ever made! I just wanna thank Valve for maken it. I got in to the game and the episodes real well. The game is so cool and you cant get board with it. I can't wait for more. I love the other games that Valve made too. Last thing is im happy Gabe newell thougt up this game, hes a special person!!! bye. :)
  94. DavidK
    Feb 10, 2009
    The overall novelty value that the game has is fantastic. The ragdoll addition to gaming is great, but I found this game to be to say the least "unusual". The ending is atrocious but then they would not have had the Episode Expansions that they did. The environment is topnotch. And if you like a good fps this game is for you.
  95. LanzerM
    Feb 12, 2009
    Okay, the game is awesome in all aspects, and I want to make this fast. If you're going to review Half Life 2 for the Xbox, do that all you want, but just remember that the computer version is 10x better in pretty much every aspect. So if you're going to review the game because of the Xbox's cons, might as well be reviewing a different game alltogether.
  96. PhaseL
    Mar 4, 2009
    This game is perhaps the greatest game of the past decade, if not all time. The gameplay is simple and fluid, without getting boring, the graphics hold up even to our standards five years later, and the story is compelling enough to keep it at the top. Most people who have given this game low scores did so thanks to Steam. Half-Life 2 is what needs to be appraised here, not Steam.
  97. LukeM.
    Mar 4, 2009
  98. JoachimE
    Mar 13, 2009
    This is one of the best games ever made.
  99. LukeM.
    Mar 24, 2009
  100. JuggaloR.
    Mar 25, 2009
    I like the Half-life 2 series. I played the game demo and I thught half-life 2 was a horror game (because I thought c17 was built to protect the people from zombies, and that the "metropolice" arent evil just "over protective.) I thought this because I did the first level (on the demo) then it skipped a;; the way to the 6th (ravenholm) level so I thought it was a horror-only game. Then I I like the Half-life 2 series. I played the game demo and I thught half-life 2 was a horror game (because I thought c17 was built to protect the people from zombies, and that the "metropolice" arent evil just "over protective.) I thought this because I did the first level (on the demo) then it skipped a;; the way to the 6th (ravenholm) level so I thought it was a horror-only game. Then I bought the game for xbox (I don't belive in buying computer games, music videos eta unless I'm getting a solid disc)I thught the game was good but it also sucked because i couldn't NOCLIP WTF IS THEIR FUCKING PROBLEM ON MAKING CONSOLE GAMES (xbox PS3 eta) HAVING FUCKING NOCLIP AND "console" COMMANDS WTF. so I continued having fun with the demo spawning zombies every where whith AWESOME PC CHEATS. Then I was browsing the internet and I found out you can hack steam (games for free). I only wanted to play hl2 with NOCLIP so I did the hack. I got the full version of HL2 and HL2 Deathmatch (also should be induced on the consoles). I played the game agin but not to beat it but to explore and spawned enemies/allies every where. Though I cant stand hammer editor (confusing) the doom 3 editor is my favorite map creator. The "Hammer" editor requires confusing set-up before you can even use it. Later I was looking for cheats and I saw some comands like "give weapon_molotov" and "give weapon_hopwire" WTF Then I tried it and it didn't work then I went back on the website and it sied :these are only codes for the beta version of the game" WTF? so I search on how to get this "beta" version (takes me forever to find and it was apparently "leaked" so I download it. then I lean that you have to do console commands to start the beta game. Then I think WOW! LOOK,,,!,,, at all of this deleted content now I;m saying Half-life 2 retail SUX DONKEY DICK... BUT....half-life 2 beta SUX HOT GIRLS TITS.Now I play the beta (giving it a "10") I no longer play the retail (except for mods) If only I could do a review on the beta. Also for you peaple who don't like VALVe's steam the beta is not for steam (it's also not a hacked stand alone) it was originaly going to be a game with out steam. I plan to be a vidio game maker and I will sell/give away the beta version(s) of my game(s) because every one wants the beta, as long as I write something like "warning this version of the game is the beta and may crash a lot) or something before you buy it. Expand

3. Playboy