9.2

1. MasterN.
    May 24, 2006
    It's the best game I ever played, i have a worse Cpu(celeron 2.4 Ghz 133 Fsb 128 Mb Cache) and the game just plays well on the highest resolution and texture filter. It's the best programmed game i ever played. Physik engine is perfect, lightning effects are perfect and everything in the game is perfect. A Thanks, programming this game, for the Valve-team.
  2. LukeM.
    May 28, 2006
  3. MagnusT.
    May 28, 2006
    Splendid graphics, the best physics you have ever seen in a game, uncompromising audio and an amazing story mode to back it up. The game was a little too easy for any standard, but that small falice can be overlooked when faced with this, the undoubtedly best game in FPS history to date.
  4. LukeM.
    May 31, 2006
  5. MathewO.
    May 30, 2006
    Best. Game. Ever. It has physics, great storyline, stunning graphics and great gameplay. I can't get bored of this game!
  6. LukeM.
    May 30, 2006
  7. ChrisS.
    May 5, 2006
    I can't think of a game I've ever enjoyed as much as this! Some people complain about the teammate AI. Though it isn't perfect, it's really not that bad, plus you rarely have a teammate! And to those of you who whine about it being linear. You know what? Sometimes, linear isn't bad! With a storyline as interesting as HL2's, I'm more than happy to follow a path.
  8. AlexB.
    May 6, 2006
    Brilliant, worth the extra wait. worth the cash.
  9. RS
    May 6, 2006
    Half-Life 2 is an Interactive-Cinematic masterpiece. Valve has done a great job of populating the game with an extensive library of detailed sounds, rich textures, high-quality animations, and excellent scripting tools which all compliment a trully engaging storyline. Half-Life 2 will stand the test of time.
  10. AlexDeLand
    May 6, 2006
    This game is absolutely amazing. I love all of the detail that was put into this game. It really makes a difference.
  11. AdamL
    May 6, 2006
    This game was amazing, all the comments that say that this game was horrible, stupid, etc. they are dumbasses. seriously. They are being stupid, they are pointing out all the flaws in this game. Of course the AI isn't perfect, its a game. Those peopl who say that the ending was stupid and dropped off, its meant to. If you know anything about half life or half life 2, you'll This game was amazing, all the comments that say that this game was horrible, stupid, etc. they are dumbasses. seriously. They are being stupid, they are pointing out all the flaws in this game. Of course the AI isn't perfect, its a game. Those peopl who say that the ending was stupid and dropped off, its meant to. If you know anything about half life or half life 2, you'll understand that it's meant to be this way. People have dedicated years into make this an awesome game and it still is one. Compare all the negative reviews to the positive, you'll see how good this game really is. It is amazingly good, not to mention has a ton of mods out there so you get around 100 games in one. and most of them are actually good, rather then the crap that lots of other modders put out for other games. I have to say that the story is slightly liniar, but the amazing fights and battles make up for it. It is an intense game. Maybe those people who gave it negative reviews should try it on some other mode then easy, maybe that'll make the game more fun, when there is actually a challange. Expand
  12. AndrewF.
    May 6, 2006
    Even though this new company, valve, has been known for their delays, they still offer quality material. And to me, that is well worth the wait. I would much rather wait 6 months then to continue to play some of these games that have been rushed together that would have had so much potential. Valve stepped up to the plate and offered an amazing AI just like their first release. Sound, Even though this new company, valve, has been known for their delays, they still offer quality material. And to me, that is well worth the wait. I would much rather wait 6 months then to continue to play some of these games that have been rushed together that would have had so much potential. Valve stepped up to the plate and offered an amazing AI just like their first release. Sound, graphics, and replay value all met my expectations. The question is what will their new engine produce in multiplayer. Expand
  13. ChrisE.
    May 6, 2006
    This is one of my favorite games of all time if there was a 9.8 score I'd give it that but the game wasnt PERFECT but sure damned close to it....I LOVE THIS GAME....Good Job Valve! :)
  14. Bobbobbo
    May 6, 2006
    The best game I have ever played.
  15. JosaihB.
    May 6, 2006
    About the game missing an easy-hard scale, what the heck man, it has one (easy, medium, hard). Great game, one of the best ever, makes games like Halo 2 that promise so much look like last nights dinner.
  16. JoeK.
    GREAT GAME!
  17. PeterSellers
    May 6, 2006
    Probally the best single player game ever, it ecells in all areas and comes with free down loading of other great games. And the Zero-Point Energy Field Manipulator (gravity Gun) is the coolest weapon of any video game ever. Up yours Halo
  18. DanieRossi
    May 7, 2006
    é il miglior gioco che abbia mai visto... unico problema è che dura poco.
  19. GinFish
    Virtual perfection.
  20. Quincunx
    May 7, 2006
    Amazing game, I stills say Half-Life 1 was the best of all time, but this is great.
  21. MorrisS.
    May 7, 2006
    This game is totally awesome... from beginning till end perfect.. intelligent enemies, nice story an the best graphics ever 10/10.
  22. MauriceJ>
    May 7, 2006
    Nice game i loved to play the game many times.
  23. Z.B.
    May 8, 2006
    Very good climax, storyline and even better graphics. Small levels are still a bit annoying (especially at earlier parts of game). Weapons could be more realistic (sounds, weight). Almost as dragin in as 1 HL.
  24. BenH.
    May 8, 2006
    Quite possibly the most intense game and best graphics I've ever seen.
  25. SeanB.
    May 8, 2006
    this game is so good i though that half life 1 was a good game but when i bought this it is so good and this is y i vote it 10 out 10 no 12 infact its that good.
  26. IanM.
    May 8, 2006
    Awesome visual work. Great interactive enviornments and great story line.
  27. SamJ.
    LOVE it!
  28. MattM.
    May 8, 2006
    Amazing game, great story line, good gameplay great graphics, a fitting sequal!
  29. AndreK.
    May 9, 2006
    Breathtaking Action and wonderfull detailed Graphics made me rate this Game 10. Good work Valve.
  30. AnonymousMC
    Jun 10, 2006
    Very much enjoyed this game. i play the single player over and over. what i like about it is the Physics system where you have to think about the puzzles and put counter weights in to get past the next area. things i dont care for is 1 the AI Pathing for the Npc they seem to get in the way.
  31. MattiasL.
    Jun 1, 2006
    This game has great graphics, good use of ram, has great mods - It totally rocks.
  32. TeodorIkonomov
    Jun 10, 2006
    The Best Game Ever
  33. MarcoC.
    Jun 16, 2006
    It's a good game. I play it with all full graphic details, and it's nice to watch. The water and the sky are really well done, and the HDR is there!
  34. AdamD.
    Jun 17, 2006
    this game is brilliant. hands down. valve is once again masters in their craft. valve holds such a high standard for the games they make, and it shows here in this game. it takes the original and kicks it in the ass and tells it to go home. it does the same to most shooters for that matter.
  35. LukeM.
    Jun 23, 2006
  36. ScottC.
    Jun 23, 2006
    Great game. if you dont play it you deserve all bad that comes to you, you Tibia loser.
  37. MathewM.
    Jun 28, 2006
    AMAZING grafficts, outstanding player animations, and Lighting, and the source engine added some of the best effects I have ever seen in a PC game.
  38. AnonymousMC
    Jun 29, 2006
    HL2 is the most realistic game released on the Pc today, i know ive got all the others. For all those people that gave this a bad score your just being noobs cause you have a crap computer, I can run HL2 on full graphics and the experiance is amazing. I also didnt encounter any glitches or stuff ups in the later levels of the game as i think one person said. I do admit thought valve doesHL2 is the most realistic game released on the Pc today, i know ive got all the others. For all those people that gave this a bad score your just being noobs cause you have a crap computer, I can run HL2 on full graphics and the experiance is amazing. I also didnt encounter any glitches or stuff ups in the later levels of the game as i think one person said. I do admit thought valve does have bad support for there users, a friend of mine forgot his password and he done everything valve told him to on there website and they didnt help him at all which in my books is pretty shocking when you hav all the information other than the password. Expand
  39. J4Y123
    Jun 3, 2006
    I would rate it 20/10 if i could, the only problem with the game was "Steam." When i bought the game i was so Pis**d Off because i could not play it because i did not have the internet at the time so i installed it on someone else's computer to play it, later to find out they didn't have a good enough graphics card so that didn't help. Then eventually i got the internet and I would rate it 20/10 if i could, the only problem with the game was "Steam." When i bought the game i was so Pis**d Off because i could not play it because i did not have the internet at the time so i installed it on someone else's computer to play it, later to find out they didn't have a good enough graphics card so that didn't help. Then eventually i got the internet and the i still couldnt play it because the disc was already registered to another comp. and user >:( in order for me to play it i had to send it away to get checked etc.. and i just really couldn't be bothered. So i went out and bought it for the Xbox to find out that it was the best game i had ever played :) so i had to get it for the pc because i was soon to be selling my xbox so i could get an Xbox 360 and this is one game i have to have. So once i bought it AGAIN for the pc if ound out it was even better than the xbox version, the graphics and lightig was practically twice as good and the physics engine etc. Expand
  40. AnonymousMC
    Jun 30, 2006
    Ok first off, Half-life and Half-life 2 come from two different generations of gaming. Second, this game has awesome weapon effects, graphics, realism, and a way to create a story linking two games together coming from different backgrounds. Third, it has a short storyline only because people don't take time to know the enemy before you kill them. "They" are intellegent AI if you letOk first off, Half-life and Half-life 2 come from two different generations of gaming. Second, this game has awesome weapon effects, graphics, realism, and a way to create a story linking two games together coming from different backgrounds. Third, it has a short storyline only because people don't take time to know the enemy before you kill them. "They" are intellegent AI if you let them challenge you, that means you can mess around and not rush through the game waiting for it to throw fun at you and while its better to try and "make fun" of it. Fourth, Steam is hard for impatient people who blame it for ruining the game (same as taking the trash out after you pressed pause). Don't blame Steam for something that is supposed to help your game and that only time can solve, come on, you can wait, we all did, jeez I think it annoyed everyone who didn't buy it on Steam. Bugs were there because updates can later to fix them. Hardware problems are the users fault. And five Farcry puts everything in front of you because the user is scripted to do that (if you know what I mean), I know, I have that game, its fun only because I made it fun for me (Logically, something is fun if you allow it to or fun know matter what, then you know its awesome). Last but not least Doom 3 is cool and really fun to kill demons with a simple shotgun, I went through it on veteran and nightmare mode cuz its hilarious how its only a shotgun but get serious guys, you are asking for another game toooo... be like another game. Single them out and listen to yourselves. They both have great ancestors, especially Doom but in the end, they both share a common trait: Evolution and Revolution to a gaming experience that in the end challenged gamers and was fun (if they let it). Last but not least, for the people disapointed with the end of the game, two short things: 1you beat the main bad guy and that should be it, but it ends right there leaving off for another time after anymore Half-life 2 episodes all the way to another generation plus technology advances make it seem not that far off. 2its supposed to end if you gave a sh-- or not if you like it or not. Those of you who like putting down the game for reasons of they try or rip off just should realize the fact that all game companies do that but you aren't looking at the fact that products are made because fans have requested them or just want to show pride and the trademark makes money because money and passion go hand in hand. If what I am ending this is just to logical or too much for an explanation, then realize that some people are just saying stupid complaints and so this is their stupid answer(s) and a put down to them for being idiots and in every way a stupid moron for opening their slow unreasonable unthinking mind that should try to find a school that teaches advanced ways to look at morals and common sense before they embarass themselves on the internet. If you think I am doing that right now you either are one of them or are reading a message for someone else of a really low level of society (mind-wise because they don't know how to use it). In the end I will return to the real reason for this post before I dig to much into a hole that is actually a loop in human nature: point-reason-granted reason-back to first one. I will just say that his game is so awesome and I am glad I got this game which behind its awesome graphics and simple creation that some people don't realize was actually easy to make but the problem was that Valve couold have made a complex game with better whatever or stoop to easy-to-use technology and create an equally awesome game that still would have gotten the rate of 10's and 0's no matter what audience it came too. I am glad to be a Half-life fan and I am glad I spent 3 hours setting it up and go back and play it and test the physics to its limits no matter what cost game crash or pointless venture. This game gets a better rating than Halo (95) to both Half-lifes (96) (except for episode 2 because people saw that it should be that way and plus (a litle offtopic) the fans/fanatics ruined it almost like counter-strike. This game deserves a better audience just like some other games do but who can help something so natural anyway. Expand
  41. MarcoP.
    Jun 3, 2006
    The game is beautiful under all aspects but the italian language isn't perfect.
  42. Zero
    Jun 5, 2006
    the level of detail is carefully precise and astoundingly in-depth. when played on a wicked system, this game is nothing less than impressive. gameplay and AI both flow very well and the game is quite long enough without ever getting boring, i've only beat it twice.
  43. MarcO.
    Jun 7, 2006
    The fact that HL2 can have mods attach to it gives it a big boost. This is the greatest game in history.
  44. TaylorB.
    Jun 7, 2006
    Excellent game. I've seen all these few negative reviews saying that the story sucks and the a.i. is horrible. You people dont know what youre talking about. The a.i. is the best out there, and i have yet to find a better story or better interaction with the characters. it has the best physics of any game out there, and while the weapons arent the best, the gravity gun is fun. as for Excellent game. I've seen all these few negative reviews saying that the story sucks and the a.i. is horrible. You people dont know what youre talking about. The a.i. is the best out there, and i have yet to find a better story or better interaction with the characters. it has the best physics of any game out there, and while the weapons arent the best, the gravity gun is fun. as for steam, i dont have a problem with it. True fans of half-life 1 will givei it at least a 9. Expand
  45. KevinJ.
    Jun 9, 2006
    Awsome game! The first time I played it, I was lost in the story and played for hours. Scalable engine makes this game good on even budgeted systems, yet is one of the best looking games out there.
  46. willmaster510
    Jul 10, 2006
    this is the best 1st person shooter on PC I ever played .this game is way better than halo or gta its sweest damn game I ever played way to go velve And sierra.
  47. LukeM.
    Jul 13, 2006
  48. RobertA.
    Jul 13, 2006
    Best game to date. The engine is amazing.
  49. TomJ.
    Jul 19, 2006
    This game is great; it twists in both amazing graphics with amazing gameplay. Something many other games fail to accomplish.
  50. AnonymousMC
    Jul 2, 2006
    Some parts were extremely annoying, and the ending was not that great, but left for a sequel (the episodes). Some parts, especially the airboat ride, are incredibly well done. The controls are fluid and the graphics are spectacular. All this, combined with the surround sound (I HIGHLY recommend headphones) immerse the player in a game full of emotion, problem-solving, ass-kicking, andSome parts were extremely annoying, and the ending was not that great, but left for a sequel (the episodes). Some parts, especially the airboat ride, are incredibly well done. The controls are fluid and the graphics are spectacular. All this, combined with the surround sound (I HIGHLY recommend headphones) immerse the player in a game full of emotion, problem-solving, ass-kicking, and interaction beyond almost anything I've ever seen. Expand
  51. MarkS.
    Jul 24, 2006
    this game is awesome, you gotta get it, the physics, the models, the skins, details, graphics, action, puzzles, everything, gotta get it.
  52. BenD.
    Jul 26, 2006
    One of the best games i have ever played. i am now on my forth play throught of the game an still loving it. the one thing that severly ruins the whole experience is STEAM.
  53. RetR.
    Jul 4, 2006
    Amazing.
  54. KrestenM.
    Jul 5, 2006
    One of the best games ever made. Genious gameplay, super stunning graphics, great sounds, and good multiplayer games afterwards. Totally a masterpiece!
  55. AnsonG.
    Jul 6, 2006
    HL2 is the best 1st person shooter on PC i ever played. The graphics and display was amazing and gameplay was well-designed. Come on, why not like this game? This game was a famous they ever created. For those who gave below 3 u just moaning because u havent play Half-Life(1998) or u have a crap computer. So why u guys judged already? Do u know what is the story happened at previous HL2 is the best 1st person shooter on PC i ever played. The graphics and display was amazing and gameplay was well-designed. Come on, why not like this game? This game was a famous they ever created. For those who gave below 3 u just moaning because u havent play Half-Life(1998) or u have a crap computer. So why u guys judged already? Do u know what is the story happened at previous Half-Life(1998)? Do u know how many weapons? And do u know what happened to the ending? So please STOP moaning. This game is probably is a best and should buy this one. Expand
  56. CalebH.
    Aug 11, 2006
    Outstanding graphics, good plot line. solid atmosphere.
  57. CorpseFactory
    Aug 10, 2006
    A must have. The graphics are spectacular and and the unrivaled physics make this truly immersive. Add in a gripping storyline with loads of cool moments (using a crane to pick up a truck and drop it on your enemies) and you have a masterpiece
  58. Cr0ssCr0ss
    Aug 14, 2006
    This is the best game of the world!
  59. CodyM.
    Aug 15, 2006
    half-life 2 is the single most entertaing exelerating amazing cool wowing 100% perfect game out there it is my best and favorite game i own.
  60. KenB.
    Aug 17, 2006
    Excellent thriller. The game captures the player's attention right from the beginning and the thrill factor stays at 10 throughout the game. The makers have taken ideas from film and combined them with the very realistic physics to produce the best game yet.
  61. ThomasD.
    Aug 17, 2006
    An amazin FPS game + the story is wicked right down the core.
  62. SolO.
    Aug 20, 2006
    Despite a story line that may seem a bit trite, this game definitely takes the gaming experience to the next level of realism, suspense, and action. A must have for anyone who likes fun.
  63. MalcolmD.
    Aug 22, 2006
    My personal opinion is that this is in truth the greatest game ever made. I feel this way because it is the 'full package'. Half Life 2 has some of the most fast paced and intense fighting of any FPS, and I think some (emphasize some) of the NPCs are very intelligent. It also has some vehicle senarios (if not the best in the world) which on the whole offer a welcome, and My personal opinion is that this is in truth the greatest game ever made. I feel this way because it is the 'full package'. Half Life 2 has some of the most fast paced and intense fighting of any FPS, and I think some (emphasize some) of the NPCs are very intelligent. It also has some vehicle senarios (if not the best in the world) which on the whole offer a welcome, and enjoyable, change of pace. It also has a good amount of fairly trick puzzles, some of which took me quite some time and some of which were very easy. Also I think it has a quality over looked in many FPSs that makes it really stand out, a plot. The plot of Half Life 2 is quite deep complete with betrayal and lots of other fun twists. Also it is undeniably one of the most beautiful games ever; from the skylines to the textures on the walls to the wrinkles in people's faces. I am proud to give this game a 10/10 and hope that every body plays this game. Expand
  64. LukeM.
    Aug 25, 2006
  65. LukasL.
    Aug 3, 2006
    Half-Life 2 once again revolutionized the FPS genre. The story is great, plus you have endless hours of play with Deathmatch, especially appealing thanks to the gravity gun - best gun ever.
  66. Doomthing
    Aug 3, 2006
    This game is really good. Though steam sucks, I was able to get around it. I saw zeros in this pile of reviews, and most of them were people complaining about steam. Try reviewing HL2 instead of steam. The reviews on this page are for HL2....NOT steam. Now back to my review. I dont care about graphics at all.....i just focus on gameplay. But i was STILL blown away by the grapchics and This game is really good. Though steam sucks, I was able to get around it. I saw zeros in this pile of reviews, and most of them were people complaining about steam. Try reviewing HL2 instead of steam. The reviews on this page are for HL2....NOT steam. Now back to my review. I dont care about graphics at all.....i just focus on gameplay. But i was STILL blown away by the grapchics and physics. The A.I. could have been made better.....but that doesnt effect my score (also love the story line) Expand
  67. BrettB.
    Aug 6, 2006
    one of the best games i have ever played and i have played a lot of games.
  68. CarlosJ.
    Sep 1, 2006
    Probably the best fps ever made. Classics such as Goldeneye and Perfect Dark sit along side it, but this game is revolutionary in the way as a large step foward for video games. Valve raise the bar once again.
  69. EgonB.
    Sep 16, 2006
    HL2 is a fantastic first person shooter which not only delivers most ashtonishing visuals, and near-perfect physics, but also brings incredibly action - all combined with an intriguing and unique science fiction-story.
  70. JamesW.
    Sep 16, 2006
    Words cannot describe the all encompassing genius of this game.
  71. BlaineM.
    Sep 17, 2006
    Absolutely fantastic, I've never seen a game so amazingly thought out. The AI is phenominal, absolutely phenominal. Everything was so intregueing and the graphics, oh, the graphics. I can't even put the graphics into words. Valve, I envy you.
  72. PatrickS.
    Sep 17, 2006
    If I've ever had to rate a more perfect game, I'd be dead. I love it, and the ending is great, and the physics are great too. Personally, I see this game really as a console for gravity/physics that Valve decided to make into a game, with a storyline added. Great game. I LOVED the end. Except for the almost continuous TV-screen taunting. When will Breen learn?
  73. Wdntulk2no
    Sep 21, 2006
    Dude what can i say. I STILL haven't found anything with better game play since it came out!
  74. JeffW.
    Sep 25, 2006
    Sweet. Looks even better boosted to a 60 Plasma.
  75. Dajmin
    Sep 7, 2006
    The Source engine is a fine piece of work, and as a showcase for it you can do no better than HL2. You can actually see emotions on character's faces, you can watch the physics react as it would in real life. The storyline is very well done, and sure it has it's cliche's, but I think sometimes they're necessary. It has funny moments and it's "But...but..." The Source engine is a fine piece of work, and as a showcase for it you can do no better than HL2. You can actually see emotions on character's faces, you can watch the physics react as it would in real life. The storyline is very well done, and sure it has it's cliche's, but I think sometimes they're necessary. It has funny moments and it's "But...but..." moments, and basically all of Ravenholm scared the crap out of me! If you've not seen it yet, you'll understand why "we don't go to Ravenholm". HL2 is no longer new, but I think the graphics are aging quite well. It's supposed to look gritty and realistic, so expecting "bloom" lighting is a little silly despite it's appearance in almost every game since Guild Wars. Since no game is perfect and there are a couple of things about HL2 that I'd like to see improved (AI has already been mentioned, and I'd like to have seen more choice in the vehicle levels - take the boat and go the fun way or go by an alternate land route, for example) and expanded on, I'm giving HL2 a 9. Probably 9.5 if I had the option :) Well worth the cost! Expand
  76. KristianK.
    Sep 8, 2006
    It is the best game in the WORLD :P
  77. RobinW.
    Oct 11, 2007
    The original HalfLife took First Person Shooting with puzzles to a new level. It didn't do anything wildly new, but it did everything brilliantly. Characterisation, Plot exposition, Set pieces, Atmosphere, Humour - all were carried off to perfection. How could they improve on this? 2 excellent expansion packs, and many years later, Halflife 2 was their answer - and boy, was it worth The original HalfLife took First Person Shooting with puzzles to a new level. It didn't do anything wildly new, but it did everything brilliantly. Characterisation, Plot exposition, Set pieces, Atmosphere, Humour - all were carried off to perfection. How could they improve on this? 2 excellent expansion packs, and many years later, Halflife 2 was their answer - and boy, was it worth waiting for. This time, Valve weren't content with just doing all the things you'd expect from a modern FPS, and doing them well - they reinvented them all. Each level of the game conveys a different style of playing; whether it be solo, pair or team based combat, full out battles or cunning stealth, HalfLife 2 delivers. The biggest shock to the system is how well the physics model works - far from being a gimmick as it could so easily have been, it immerses you completely with the game world, and becomes another tool to use in solving the puzzles and fighting the enemies. HalfLife2 is a masterpiece. If you haven't played it, you've missed out massively. Expand
  78. Joseph
    Oct 10, 2007
    Half-Life 2 includes many kinds of gameplay, and mixes them together rather well in this first person adventure
  79. JamieH.
    Oct 12, 2007
    absolutely incredible best game of the year =]
  80. AaronG.m
    Oct 12, 2007
    A truly amazing experience.
  81. KoKel.
    Nov 3, 2007
    I always look for plot, and there is alot here. Awesome graphic detail, and the weapons are just too sweet.
  82. mikel.
    Oct 16, 2007
    great game , only one game to me better ..... Tribes vengeance is the only game better.
  83. Nerevar
    Jan 10, 2007
    I played a lot of fps, but half-life 2 - according to me - is one of the most complete experiences of the world of videogames. Gordon Freeman is back and he did it with the best shooter of 2004.
  84. EdD.
    Jan 18, 2007
    Outclasses every other game in this category by a country mile, simply outstanding.
  85. NickG.
    Nov 8, 2007
    It is much better than Half Life 1. I like the plot and duration.
  86. HaraldR.
    Oct 21, 2007
    This is the greatest game ever made!! The guys behind this game has an extreme wild fantasy that makes Half-Life 2 to a werry impressive game. Half-Life 2 has altso a brethbreaking good action.
  87. Spiker
    Oct 21, 2007
    The fact that it's still being compared to other games today (even in the graphics department) is a feat that amazes me. An incredible ride, one that should not be missed by anyone.
  88. FernandoF.
    Oct 22, 2007
    brilliant.
  89. MattT.
    Jan 20, 2007
    Great game, great graphics, great story line...everything is awsome about this game.
  90. NovalR.
    Dec 4, 2007
    I have played it a lot of times now, and it never gets boring. It's just the best game i've ever seen.
  91. RemcoV.
    Oct 27, 2007
    Excelent game with a great story, good weapons and i simply loved it.
  92. Dude
    Oct 27, 2007
    The Best Game Ever MADE!! Its So Real And Is Long And Fun. The Best Graphics I've Ever Seen So Far.
  93. Jan
    Jan 29, 2007
    The ostensive emptyness and silentness in this well created and good looking half life 2 universe boosts the atmosphere of this "end of the world scenario" to a new level in a very cunning and reliable way. I just love the way how this Game works and how it is played. Clear 10/10 for me.
  94. pieman
    Oct 31, 2007
    This game rules,next to Halo it's my favorite game.There's plenty of mods for it such as Counter-Strike,Garry's Mod 10,The Ship and many more.This game has beautiful graphics and very tence at times.I remember Half-Life 2 coming out like it was yesterday,people still want it!Although Half-Life 1 was a big success i think Half-Life 2 is a bigger success.Lets hope for another This game rules,next to Halo it's my favorite game.There's plenty of mods for it such as Counter-Strike,Garry's Mod 10,The Ship and many more.This game has beautiful graphics and very tence at times.I remember Half-Life 2 coming out like it was yesterday,people still want it!Although Half-Life 1 was a big success i think Half-Life 2 is a bigger success.Lets hope for another Half-Life! Expand
  95. jACOB
    Oct 30, 2007
    This is the best game ever made for it's time it's revolutionary and is still in the top 3 best fps shooters ever next to bioshock and the classic doom =P but this is the best physics ever that I have seen and is absolutely amazing.Definitley worth the current 20$ or get in O.B(Orange box) not to mention gmod 9 or 10(10 bucks) witch requires this.
  96. FranciscoS.
    Oct 6, 2007
    The best game of all times, I'm waiting the Orange Box of Valve, that will be the best of bests. Cuando llegue la Caja Naranja el vicio va a ser tan poderoso que voy a viciarme hasta pasar todo el HL2 de nuevo.
  97. lastRebel
    Oct 9, 2007
    This is indeed an FPS which remains leaps and bounds ahead of its competition, even still in late 2007. Having played many, many games of this genre, this is still one of the best. While everyone was talking about Halo, I proudly represented HL2. This game was definitely ahead of its time, and still perseveres.
  98. BryanH.
    Feb 22, 2007
    What can I say I absolutely played the hell out of the first episode. And all the runoff extensions like Counter Strike, Blue Shift. Now i am really excited about HL 2. The graphics are out of this world, There is not to many other game companies that even come close. You do have to have a kick ass computer to get true quality game play and add all the awesome updates and maps. But hey What can I say I absolutely played the hell out of the first episode. And all the runoff extensions like Counter Strike, Blue Shift. Now i am really excited about HL 2. The graphics are out of this world, There is not to many other game companies that even come close. You do have to have a kick ass computer to get true quality game play and add all the awesome updates and maps. But hey thats what I do! I build the most kick ass computers. And then play Half Life 2 on them. I'm a true GEEK that loves good quality gaming. Expand
  99. YuraT.
    Feb 25, 2007
    No comment
  100. TomC.
    Feb 25, 2007
    One of the best shooters I've ever played. Immersive, interactive and entertaining from beginning to end. HL2 is a series of cult moments that will leave you craving for more in an alarming way.