9.2

Nov 1, 2007
    The Best Game Ever
  2. MathewP
    Nov 1, 2007
    This is the best game that played for years, it just impacted me, it is so damned funny.
  3. KoKel.
    Nov 3, 2007
    I always look for plot, and there is alot here. Awesome graphic detail, and the weapons are just too sweet.
  4. StuartW
    Nov 6, 2007
    Astoundingly good. The story, characters, and game play interact into an incredibly engrossing whole.
  5. AuhudyqG.
    Nov 7, 2007
    Greatest game ever. It never fails to capture your complete attention. Ravenholm map in particular has great atmosphere few Fps hope to achieve.
  6. NickG.
    Nov 8, 2007
    It is much better than Half Life 1. I like the plot and duration.
  7. JuhaszB.
    Nov 9, 2007
    It's the best game ever. One and only.
  8. StevenC.
    Nov 11, 2007
    I really love this game especially all the models,sharp details,sounds,graphics,and especially the blood man.The first time my 14 year old son played Ravenholme,freaked at it,seriously.
  9. GuiguiL.
    Nov 13, 2007
    The best game ! With Episode One and two, the saga is the best VideoGame Saga ever created !
  10. JimA.
    Nov 13, 2007
    Breathtaking. Superb. A masterpiece of the most epic proportions. While not flawless, the good FAR outweighs the bad. By far the greatest game I have ever played. I got it and played it once for PC when it came out, I got it in the PC version of the Orange Box and played it a second time, and I got it in the 360 version of the Orange Box and played it a third time. Never once in any of my Breathtaking. Superb. A masterpiece of the most epic proportions. While not flawless, the good FAR outweighs the bad. By far the greatest game I have ever played. I got it and played it once for PC when it came out, I got it in the PC version of the Orange Box and played it a second time, and I got it in the 360 version of the Orange Box and played it a third time. Never once in any of my three runs through the game, was I ever not astonished by the epic scale of this work of art. If you have not yet played Half Life 2, then I have but one question for you: WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Expand
  11. CharlesS.
    Nov 15, 2007
    This is the best game for ever! Anybody whatever say!
  12. ThomasP.
    Nov 16, 2007
    One of the best games, I´ve ever played.
  13. MartinO.
    Nov 16, 2007
    A fully enjoyable game, from graphics to gameplay. Difficult enough on easy to challenge, yet not make you want to pull your hair out. Excellent storyline. 10/10
  14. VianneyC.
    Nov 17, 2007
    Half Life, since the first game, was innovator, i've never played a game like this before. It is a turnign point for the first person shooters.
  15. TiberiuC.
    Nov 22, 2007
    Revolutionary engine that still delivers in 2007. The game itself is like a good movie, only much better. Perfectly crafted and a worthy successor to Half-Life.
  16. Walladish
    Nov 23, 2007
    The game makes your world look borring and not funny but.. in HL2 its totally differint. Its making one curious and THIS world is much more exciting and interesting so, GO TO HELL "netjak"!
  17. EdC.
    Nov 23, 2007
    One of the most engrossing games ever. I was glued to my screen for hours straight. Although linear at times, the game has such a high variety of environments that it never ceased to bore me. The enemy AI, despite what some seem to say was extremely bad, I thought was pretty good. True, enemies were never really faced with complicated decisions of tactics and the like, but they did flank One of the most engrossing games ever. I was glued to my screen for hours straight. Although linear at times, the game has such a high variety of environments that it never ceased to bore me. The enemy AI, despite what some seem to say was extremely bad, I thought was pretty good. True, enemies were never really faced with complicated decisions of tactics and the like, but they did flank and use cover. And they didn't rush you blindly (unless they had a shotgun). I also liked the lack of ammo that kept you scrounging or finding new ways to make use of the gravity gun, which, by the way, is simply put the most ingenious weapon ever designed in a video-game. Lastly, the story was excellent. Without an engrossing story, even the best of games can get tedious. This was an almost cinematic story, dishing out plenty of plot twists, reslationships, character backgrounds, and was generally just a really well-implemented part of this game. Any interested should buy. Any uninterested should buy anyway. Expand
  18. FilipO.
    Nov 24, 2007
    Nothing special, really. Quite the disappointment actually. The puzzle were mediocre and the game itself was good - but not a masterpiece.
  19. BuckyD
    Nov 24, 2007
    If a game can make you forget that your playing a game, its a damn good game. This is one of those games.
  20. BradD.
    Nov 24, 2007
    A great game, takes you deep into the story line and gives a variety of killing options. One of the greatest FPS ive ever incountered.
  21. Mr.F.
    Nov 24, 2007
    Well, first let me dispell all of the zeroes below. Number one, this is most certainly not a Quake engine modification. Even if it were, the Quake engine is a very powerful one (see games like Nexuiz). Number two, the AI is rather low scale, but nothing like the crappy AI seen in Doom or Counter-Strike: Condition Zero. The storyline is linear, yeah, but so are Portal's (clearly so), Well, first let me dispell all of the zeroes below. Number one, this is most certainly not a Quake engine modification. Even if it were, the Quake engine is a very powerful one (see games like Nexuiz). Number two, the AI is rather low scale, but nothing like the crappy AI seen in Doom or Counter-Strike: Condition Zero. The storyline is linear, yeah, but so are Portal's (clearly so), Halo's and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic's plotlines. And they are still amazing games. The Source engine is probablyone of the most complex physics engines I've ever seen. Sim S.'s turn: Mabye gat a new computer, because Half-Life 2 loaded in under a minute on mine. I have an nVidia GeForce 7300 GT that runs C-S:S, Portal and HL2 with no problem. And if you are going to use a computer for gaming, at least make sure it fits the requirements. Christopher S.: Steam is one of the greatest gaming platforms I ever saw (Microsoft's Games for Windows -- LIVE is an utter piece of crap) and since I really don't have the space for CD's, it's convenient that I can just download my games after my annual system reformat.Trust me, playing the game at minimum graphics settings is not fun. If you have a load time of upwards of 2 minutes it's time to get a new computer, or at least upgrade your old, crappy Windows 2000 and/or Windows ME boxes with 128 megs of RAM and a *gasp* Pentuim III. GNU Gamer: get WINE, Cedega or VMware Fusion. Steam is Windows-only. Windows is, so far, the best and most widely-used platform on Earth. Want to make money? Either you overprice it and market it towards the "Alternitaves" (Mac) or make it a reasonable price and market it towards everyone else (Windows). Lord C.: UPDATE. 'Nuff said. AI S: Mabye you should have looked at the small print :MUST HAVE INTERNET CONNECTION TO PLAY GAME. Also, Steam is very widely-known and produced by Valve. Not third-party at all. Stop whining like a pussy and just do it already. You can even load Steam up in Offline mode to play the Single Player version offline. Take a little time to actually look at the Steam software. Madeline V.: Cheating is absolutlely unpreventable. Period. Even the VAC can't help that. It's what the VAC is for. If a server admin reports the person, then they get banned from playing Steam games online (they can still play 1P, but no MP for them). Look up the server admin's contact information and let them know. Kevin T.: All I have to say is, Portal and Counter-Srike: Source have to be a couple of the best games I've ever played. And they're both HL2 mods. Thomas G.: It's an FPS. It's hard to balance action witn puzzles (see the other end of the spectrum - Portal), so give Valve a break. Republican Skillz: HL2:E1 was incredible. Don't judge a game before it's even released, it makes you look like an idiot. Yves B.: Just... utter fail right there. That review didn't even have any actual, you know, review in it. Carmine R.: COD3 can't even begin to compare with this game. Ian F.: How old are you? For the target audience (16-year-old males) this game is incredible. If you think a game with killing is boring, then you need to see a psychologist. Sean War: Doom 3 didn't have the Source engine. The Steam engine takes up more hardware requirements, and you probably lowered your Video options. HL2 has far superior graphics to Doom 3 (like Quake had to Doom 1). Jim F.: New computer. Stop trying to install it on your crappy HP Pavillion (or whatever you have, obviously it's not working). Also, what is the point in even buying a game if you're only going to play it for three days, then mabye once every few monhs for a hour? Just wrong. Why, oh why does everyone compare this game to Far Cry?? All the CryENGINE has on Source is the damn plants! I mean, come on. The CryENGINE was made as a demo for the GeForce 3. It's old as hell. Expand
  22. ErnstR.
    Nov 26, 2007
    I think this is and will be the best and will shoot the rest!
  23. ToniD.
    Nov 27, 2007
    Gordon Freeman must survive... Only 10.
  24. BrettD.
    Nov 28, 2007
    Incredibly smart. Fascinating in it's ability to influence those around the character. Bone chilling twists of fate. The storyline is superb. The game is a must have for any gamers portfolio!
  25. LucasF.
    Nov 28, 2007
    Half-Life 2 is the base of new age of games. Half-Life history is perfect.
  26. ghaliboy
    Nov 28, 2007
    First of all, I love the 'ZOMG MAI PC JUST SPCD OVR RCMNDD BUT IT RUN LYK CRAP!$?:.. 0/10' You have a shite PC and the game will run like shite. I played HL2 Back when it came out but i then blew up my PC and lost my steam details and the cd as i moved house. I recently got Orange Box so i though i would play HL2 then Ep1 then Ep2 and i can say that without a doubt this is one First of all, I love the 'ZOMG MAI PC JUST SPCD OVR RCMNDD BUT IT RUN LYK CRAP!$?:.. 0/10' You have a shite PC and the game will run like shite. I played HL2 Back when it came out but i then blew up my PC and lost my steam details and the cd as i moved house. I recently got Orange Box so i though i would play HL2 then Ep1 then Ep2 and i can say that without a doubt this is one of the best story driven games i have ever played. Most of my mates who pan HL2 (and most games they play) will happily let me watch them play and i am constantly going oi wait up, look at that, i missed an enemy, see that valve over there turn it on and burn those guys, u missed those guys, burn that guy, stomp them.... and they just fly past the whole game, finish it in half a day and go 'ZOMG SHORTEST POS EVER IM SRS!$'... You need to play this game on medium or hard, make sure that you do your best not to die at all, look around at all the scenery and try not to rush through it. I would give it a 10 if maybe the npc animations werent a bit jagged and stiff. Superb game, huge reccomend from me, ignore all the low scores below. Expand
  27. VanB.
    Dec 2, 2007
    Probably one of the most innovative games out there. The Source Engine is a masterpiece. The HDR technology (which, sadly isn't used in this game) is beautiful, on a good computer of course. Graphics: 10 -Beautiful graphics, great physics. Awesome, even with a medium-high level graphics card. Although compared to current graphics technologies, it's a little rusty, but compared Probably one of the most innovative games out there. The Source Engine is a masterpiece. The HDR technology (which, sadly isn't used in this game) is beautiful, on a good computer of course. Graphics: 10 -Beautiful graphics, great physics. Awesome, even with a medium-high level graphics card. Although compared to current graphics technologies, it's a little rusty, but compared to 2004 graphics, it's amazing. Storyline: 8 -Great storyline, but I didn't really get sucked into it, but then again most FPS games have almost NO storyline at all. And if they do, it sucks. AI: 7 -I have to admit that this game's AI is kinda....stupid? But what would an FPS be if the AI is so smart that they do all the stuff for you? It's good enough, (at least they don't suicide) so stop whining. Gameplay: 10- I can't stress enough about the gameplay. It is absolutely amazing. Some parts are crazy, with bullets flying everywhere, complete chaos, but there are also many parts where its just you. Those parts are for you to calm down after a harrowing firefight. Many games don't have that, it's just fighting, fighting, and fighting. Too repetative. Of course, you'll need at least a mid-high level computer. If you don't, you can't fully appreciate the game. Trust me when I say this: Get a good graphics card. It will prepare you for when you get theHalf-Life 2 Episodes. Those have HDR technology (I think...) so if you want to play those, you'll need a good graphics card. Steam...Steam...Steam....everyone's complaining about it. To me it is one of the best ideas ever. Once you register your game, its yours forever. As always, there are hackers, but if you are smart with your account you should have no problems. Many times I lost a CD and the game is toast. But for this, all you do is register, and if you lose the CD, all you have to do is download it. It's very convenient. Great game. Great engine. Buy it. Or then again, buy the Orange Box. Expand
  28. scottm.
    Dec 3, 2007
    easily one of the best games i have ever had the luxury of playing. i do not see why people should rate this game low or not like it, people of (almost) all ages have enjoyed this game. and no matter who is playing it they have had an experience that doesnt occur too often in the video-gaming world today.
  29. NovalR.
    Dec 4, 2007
    I have played it a lot of times now, and it never gets boring. It's just the best game i've ever seen.
  30. AnnemarieBromlewe
    Dec 4, 2007
    So much detail,so much action, it's so amazing this game.
  31. RyanW.
    Dec 7, 2007
    If only I could give an 11 out of 10. Come on...this game could have survived on the gravity gun idea alone! The graphics and level design are only added bonuses.
  32. ÖnderB.
    Dec 10, 2007
    This game is the best game that I have ever played. It has a great storyline, great graphics, great technologies, great actions etc. I felt in game myself when I was playing it. I have never seen a pc game like Half-Life 2. Now, I am waiting for Half-Life 3. I hope it will be on my pc in the shortest time.
  33. RyukiM.
    Dec 12, 2007
    My opinion on this game: Gameplay: 10- The gameplay is superb,and if you are a persistent gamer you just might get addicted. Storyline: 9- The storyline unlike other games at least has meaning. But scenes of Gman's sudden appearances aren't too understandable. And in this game Gordon is running everywhere to get here and there. Physics: 9- The physics of the game is very My opinion on this game: Gameplay: 10- The gameplay is superb,and if you are a persistent gamer you just might get addicted. Storyline: 9- The storyline unlike other games at least has meaning. But scenes of Gman's sudden appearances aren't too understandable. And in this game Gordon is running everywhere to get here and there. Physics: 9- The physics of the game is very realistic. The only problem is that corpses in the game may pose weirdly. Injuries aren't something in this game either. Game Triggers: 10- The triggers do make sense and must be followed. Weapon Logics: 9- The weapons in the game have realistic movements and fire. But when used by A.I they reload faster: e.g although all ammo used, A.I reloads shotgun with only one bullet. Npc Body Language: 9- The npc's have very well developed movements. But they maybe be twitchy at times of pause. Game Secrets: 10- They are many hidden secrets within the game. Such as the trainyard outside Ravenholm. If you use noclip mode and go through the crashed train at the end of the trainyard, you will see Gman walking towards the back of another train and disappear around the corner. You'd do well to discover all game secrets. A.I: 7- The A.I are very cooperative and persistent, but they can be dumb sometimes. Flame Effects: 6- From front view the flame is very realistic. But if from a bird's eye, the fire is 2D. Even so..Half-Life 2 still is an entertaining game. Expand
  34. KillingM.
    Dec 13, 2007
    HL2 is the best game I've never played.
  35. JamesS.
    Dec 15, 2007
    A beautiful game with an immersive plotline and stunning graphics. The one flaw: teammate AI. "I'm coming with you, Freeman! You're not leaving without me, Freeman! Let me just get in your way, Freeman!" Other than that, excellent.
  36. KlemenK.
    Dec 19, 2007
    This is the best game ever! It has good AI, very good graphics and sound!
  37. ThadM
    Dec 19, 2007
    Best game ever made Bar maybe WoW its a undescribable gaming experience if you have not played this game buy it you will not regret it one thing that will annoy is the steam gaming platform but if your okay with waiting on longer load times then you will not be sad its playable over and over.
  38. samm.
    Dec 21, 2007
    Very, very good. Exciting and addictive, can be difficult in places, good physics.
  39. PatrickT.
    Dec 22, 2007
    Awsome game, really looking forward to Episode 3.
  40. SergioA.
    Dec 24, 2007
    The only thing I can say is: i can't wait for the movie, because the game is impossible to rating! Best Game made Ever!
  41. TeonisA
    Dec 26, 2007
    Anyone who give HL2 lower than a 9 out of 10, that includes you big name reviewers up there, is nothing more than a jealous Halo fan. HL2 is is a required in any Top 5 FPS list.
  42. JoeMiller
    Dec 27, 2007
    This is the best game ever. I nearly shit myself playing it.
  43. andrews.
    Dec 27, 2007
    The physics, the spirit, the militia, the monsters, the zombies - everything is perfect.
  44. Patrick
    Dec 29, 2007
    Great game period. My only problem is how linear it is, but then again most games are so theres not much to do about that. For only $20 right now if you don't have it you should get it. For all those people who complain about Steam in their review: SHUT UP! Maybe I should complain about Windows' viruses in my review because you need the Windows platform to play the game! Judge Great game period. My only problem is how linear it is, but then again most games are so theres not much to do about that. For only $20 right now if you don't have it you should get it. For all those people who complain about Steam in their review: SHUT UP! Maybe I should complain about Windows' viruses in my review because you need the Windows platform to play the game! Judge the game on how it plays not what it plays on. Expand
  45. BobR.
    Dec 29, 2007
    The most fun first person shooter ive had since return to castle wolfenstein. I cant get enough!
  46. LukeM.
    Dec 30, 2007
    Best Game Ever!!!!
  47. fghfghfhhg
    Dec 30, 2007
    This is the only game worth buying, apart from Wolfenstein Enemy Territory and Resident Evil.
  48. DannyM.
    Jan 1, 2008
    Incredible. Theres honestly not much more a game should have. Stunning graphics, incredible game play, and amazing events.
  49. markB
    Jan 1, 2008
    This is proof that a game with a good story is going to sell well. It has great graphics, but the story was even better. That is why this game will not be touched for a long time.
  50. andrewh.
    Jan 2, 2008
    This is the best game with the use of physics i have ever seen, action heavy but i can't wait for each puzzle in the game.
  51. barb3d
    Jan 3, 2008
    what a Awesome game, never played anything with such nice gameplay and graphics, it all sort of fits together perfectly. i was never really a fan of the half life series until i played this, the story was so interesting, I had no choice but to buy all the previous episodes and complete them, just to see what blackmesa and all the other twists were about, lol. totally gripping storylines, what a Awesome game, never played anything with such nice gameplay and graphics, it all sort of fits together perfectly. i was never really a fan of the half life series until i played this, the story was so interesting, I had no choice but to buy all the previous episodes and complete them, just to see what blackmesa and all the other twists were about, lol. totally gripping storylines, unbelivably addictive gameplay, graphics epic 10 out of 10 in my book. keep up the good work valve. Expand
  52. EmanuelKumlien
    Jan 3, 2008
    Best game ever. period.
  53. AndreasW.
    Jan 4, 2008
    For sure the best game ever, I played It threw about 13 times and I always found something new. The graphics, the physics, the atmosphere, the charakters, the gameplay, the music and the storie fit perfectly together. That's why I bought the collectors eddtion of the game and show it prowdly to friends (Every where its sold out for ever) because I think people will still remember For sure the best game ever, I played It threw about 13 times and I always found something new. The graphics, the physics, the atmosphere, the charakters, the gameplay, the music and the storie fit perfectly together. That's why I bought the collectors eddtion of the game and show it prowdly to friends (Every where its sold out for ever) because I think people will still remember this game in jears. !!!! It's not just a game, it's HALF LIFE 2 !!!! Expand
  54. Danto
    Jan 6, 2008
    Amazing FPS game, story was sketchy in places but it owns most storylines, physics are great, gameplay is amazing, the enemy AI is fantastic, although rebel squads are pretty dumb (you could say it says alot about the average human compared to the combine). the only bone i have to pick with it is its horribly cumbersome installation process (3 years ago when i got it it took about 4 hours Amazing FPS game, story was sketchy in places but it owns most storylines, physics are great, gameplay is amazing, the enemy AI is fantastic, although rebel squads are pretty dumb (you could say it says alot about the average human compared to the combine). the only bone i have to pick with it is its horribly cumbersome installation process (3 years ago when i got it it took about 4 hours to install, alot of issues with installing it, even now my steam account is still doing things to piss me off) there are alot of load screens as well but, even with its flaws (of which there are hardly any) it still stands as one of the best singleplayer fps' of all time, to be frank i think it craps all over all halo games in terms of its singleplayer campaign, although each of those have kick ass multiplayer :) even its graphics engine still stands the test of time, sure there are newer and better ones but it still looks amazing, and episode 2 looked incredible as well, as in it was comparable to call of duty 4 (its shadowing system is still a bit average though) overall it truly was, and still is, one of the best games i have ever played Expand
  55. RetR.
    Jan 6, 2008
    Amazing.
  56. MichaelH.
    Jan 8, 2008
    This game packs a lethal punch to all other games out there that Are not made with as much skill and exuberance as this one.
  57. AdrienV.
    Jan 10, 2008
    Best FPS to date. I've played many FPS's and not many games have as good graphics, physics, AI, fun, level design, story, character development, ect. as Half-life 2, and absolutely NONE have all of these together as well as Half-life 2.
  58. EeroS.
    Jan 11, 2008
    Good looking, but pooring fps. Better story than most of fps, but not so good that I could say that it was even medicore.
  59. TeodorIkonomov
    Jan 13, 2008
    The Best Game Ever
  60. JohabiB.
    Jan 13, 2008
    This game is EPIC! The graphics are Nice!
  61. HNDHND
    Jan 16, 2008
    Lovely game with realy intaligent AI .Grafics is incredible. EXTRA GAME!!!
  62. YanoZ.
    Jan 19, 2008
    I was lucky enough to play this game back when it was still beta testing. The source engine amazed me as to the small amount of system resource it used yet to produce such astonishing graphics. Now that more advanced graphics engines that powers COD4 and Crysis are out, I'm looking forward to see the second generation of Source Engine to exceed the CryENGINE2.
  63. Bobbobbo
    Jan 20, 2008
  64. DustinG.
    Jan 25, 2008
    Been playing games since I was a little kid on the first Doom. The Half-Life series is the first to introduce such an intriguing story line, and amazing game play. HL2 tops it off with badass physics and awesome AI.
  65. MeranH.
    Jan 25, 2008
    its the best reality game i have ever played. its more than a game, you must play to find out what i mean.
  66. MikeK.
    Jan 26, 2008
    Simply the best game ever. All game designers should take notes on how to tie up all aspects to gaming perfection.
  67. DominikK.
    Jan 27, 2008
    Like always, beauty of game, magnificient style, interesting like hell, addicting to everyone.... i want some more! ;) waiting to continue... like always.
  68. NicholasL
    Jan 29, 2008
    Half-life 2 is a really good game. The story is really great done and it's full of action. It's a little scary sometimes and you often get frustrated when you get stuck( but not much =P ) I give it a 9
  69. ZacharyM.
    Jan 29, 2008
    Very excellently made game, I haven't even beaten it and I think it deserves perfect. Nice job Valve!
  70. LukeM.
    Feb 6, 2008
    Best Game Ever!!!!
  71. BrianA.
    Feb 9, 2008
    This game was absolutely addicting. Wonderful game play, gripping story, lots of intense fun!
  72. ErikG
    Feb 9, 2008
    I just finished the game (like, not even five minutes ago)... and I have to say... I'm exhausted. I always put off playing this game until now, because the original Half-Life scared me, since I was a little kid at the time. Lately, it's been because I wasn't sure if the combat would be as good as more recent FPSes. While I have to say; the combat isn't necessarily I just finished the game (like, not even five minutes ago)... and I have to say... I'm exhausted. I always put off playing this game until now, because the original Half-Life scared me, since I was a little kid at the time. Lately, it's been because I wasn't sure if the combat would be as good as more recent FPSes. While I have to say; the combat isn't necessarily anything new, but it was still completely intense, very rewarding, and great fun. The storyline in this game is... wow. I've been a dedicated LoZ: OoT fanboy since the day I played it, and the first thing that came out of my mouth right after I beat the game was, "Is this better than Ocarina of Time?" Admittedly, I still prefer LoZ: OoT, but this game is definitely the best thing I've played in years. I found myself going through and playing the game, all the while saying to myself, "NOW I understand why this is supposed to be the best PC game ever!" and every time I meant it more, and more. This game managed to tear me from my shell, pit me in a new environment, and take every ounce of my attention until the very second it was over. It is as good a game as it was back when it was released, and, just like LoZ: OoT, every one should give it a try. Expand
  73. VikR
    Feb 10, 2008
    This game is amazing, I love the fact that you can mod the brains out of it... and the storyline was intense. Unfortunatly the story line was short (took me about three days, i was hoping for something that would atleast last me a week) and for some reason the game isnt one which you can play more than once without it being terribly boring. I give it a 9.
  74. NateB.
    Feb 10, 2008
    What a great game! This game truly changed me. It is the most fun thing ever to have a combine throw a grenade at you, and then you switch to the gravity gun and catch it and shoot it back. I loved it. - [Pr0]bobcrampet
  75. KakHome
    Feb 11, 2008
    This is an awesome game, but I think it's just a notch over-rated. The graphics are awesome from start to finish. There are many cool sequences as well. The game is generally very good in the gameplay department, and loads of fun overall, but I've found a couple of weak points in the game. For one, the first 2 chapters are all introduction chapters with no monsters, which I This is an awesome game, but I think it's just a notch over-rated. The graphics are awesome from start to finish. There are many cool sequences as well. The game is generally very good in the gameplay department, and loads of fun overall, but I've found a couple of weak points in the game. For one, the first 2 chapters are all introduction chapters with no monsters, which I thought was a bit too much introduction. Most of the Ravenholm chapter seemed to be rather short on ammo, which often frustrated me, though this may have been intentional. The first half of Anticitezen One seemed to be rather empty in terms of bad guys and offered little challenge, which made me a bit bored until the escitement returned later on in that chapter. Finally, the ending is a bit weak, with not much of a truely climatic fight, and what seemed to be somewhat of an incomplete closing scene. However, the rest of the game is virtually perfect. I thought the car and boat chapters stood out even more - I had about as much fun in these chapters as I've ever had in a game, period. Definantly a classic, despite a few drawbacks which I mentioned above, and a game no FPS fan should be without. Expand
  76. Bobbobbo
    Feb 11, 2008
  77. EmanuelKumlien
    Feb 13, 2008
    Best game ever. period.
  78. MicahB.
    Feb 14, 2008
    This game was a riveting expansion of its predecessor. It brought all the engaging elements of the original and multiplied there enjoyment exponentially.
  79. AidanM
    Feb 14, 2008
    This is by far one of the best games I've played (I'm including HL2 and episodes 1 and 2). The action is priceless, the story in magnificent, the characters are engaging and interesting and the graphics are a work of art. What I love most about this game is it's increadable story and characters. I love how the story is extremely interesting and suspensful at all the right This is by far one of the best games I've played (I'm including HL2 and episodes 1 and 2). The action is priceless, the story in magnificent, the characters are engaging and interesting and the graphics are a work of art. What I love most about this game is it's increadable story and characters. I love how the story is extremely interesting and suspensful at all the right times and how the characters develop beautifully over the corse of the game. Valve, you have truly made Video games an accpetably art that SHOULD stand along the likes of other media such as movies and literature. Thank you very much and looking forward to episode 3. Expand
  80. FreemanG.
    Feb 16, 2008
    Boa jogabilidade,bons graficos, o motor source ta exelente, preocuparam-se não so com os graficos mas tambem com a jogabilidade.
  81. bionicmexican5.0
    Feb 19, 2008
    the best game i have ever played the physics are way better than anyother game (throwing TV's at the combine) and the story is so intriguiging i still play this game even after a year......the first level point insertion was what hooked me......when i was runnin from the combine after i threw a TV out of a window it was just so intense and the people that help you along the way the best game i have ever played the physics are way better than anyother game (throwing TV's at the combine) and the story is so intriguiging i still play this game even after a year......the first level point insertion was what hooked me......when i was runnin from the combine after i threw a TV out of a window it was just so intense and the people that help you along the way seemed so real i wanted to help them barricade the door but my adrenaline was pumping big time and i just kept running............i love when u drive to black mesa east that is the best part of the game.......driving long distances fighting battles here and there just gave a sense of realism that i was THE LAST HOPE....before i picked up HL2 i was desperate for a single player FPS i got tired of playing CS CSS CSCZ HL2DM and just MP games in general...i wanted an FPS with a gripping storyline, and i wanted to feel like i was the player i controlled not just another player........when i picked up HL2 it satisfied my FPS craving and exceeded my expectations of a Single Player FPS by such a high degree i was like.....this is The Best Single Player game of all time.......and still today i play the game.......i love the puzzles and how they use the physics to solve them...they are so well put together i had a small degree of trouble but im pretty good at solving puzzles and when i figured out i had to take advantage of the physics ( like putting barrels under a cage so i would float up and cause the cage to lift above the water so the ramp would be at an angle so i could drive my airboat up and over a wall on the water hazard level) this added a new dimension to puzzle solving never before seen in anyother game i have ever played...............all in all I LOVE THIS GAME Expand
  82. DavidJ.
    Feb 20, 2008
    A very nice game. It's abit scary so its fun to play whit friends and laugh. =)
  83. MichaelU.
    Feb 21, 2008
    One of the best shooters of all time. I'm not normally a huge geek when it comes to graphics, but the graphics in HL2 are simply amazing. Everything, from the facial animations to the the guns, look amazing. One of the best things about it is the level design. You almost never see the same thing twice, with mind bending puzzles, well placed objects, and times where you only have time One of the best shooters of all time. I'm not normally a huge geek when it comes to graphics, but the graphics in HL2 are simply amazing. Everything, from the facial animations to the the guns, look amazing. One of the best things about it is the level design. You almost never see the same thing twice, with mind bending puzzles, well placed objects, and times where you only have time to think about escaping. Just when your getting bored of something, it moves right on to another great part. The story is also very well done. Everything about Half-life 2 seems lovingly crafted, and altogether it feels like your in a movie. Its basically a game and a movie all in one. Valve managed to rekindle the orginal half-life while still adding something new. This will remain one of the greatest shooters ever for a long time. And for all of you who say its too easy, turn up the difficulty. Its harder to aim, enemies are smarter, and health packs are less powerful and frequent. This is one of the best games ever. Expand
  84. KevinY.
    Feb 24, 2008
    This is by far the most amazing game I have ever experienced.
  85. HijallfS.
    Feb 24, 2008
    Absolutely amazing, really scary to when played on a laptop
  86. Wildsnail
    Feb 24, 2008
    One of the best games I have ever played in over a quarter century of gaming! Graphically beautiful (in my eyes), well-acted, well-scripted and, mostly, finely balanced with decent enemy AI. BUT it's not quite perfect - some of the driving sections are over long and there are a couple of nasty difficulty spikes (THAT sentry gun defence part!). Overall, though, the game as a whole is One of the best games I have ever played in over a quarter century of gaming! Graphically beautiful (in my eyes), well-acted, well-scripted and, mostly, finely balanced with decent enemy AI. BUT it's not quite perfect - some of the driving sections are over long and there are a couple of nasty difficulty spikes (THAT sentry gun defence part!). Overall, though, the game as a whole is a tremendous piece of entertainment and a benchmark with which to test the whole genre. I was tempted to drop a point for it's couple of flaws but that would be too harsh for such a seminal title. Expand
  87. wacko992
    Feb 28, 2008
    How in gods name can someone give this game a zero? this game was one of the best experinces i've had with a video game in a long time. you have to play the original to understan the storyline fully.
  88. TimT.
    Mar 1, 2008
    Even better than the original. Half-Life 2 is a stunning pice of work. It's been one of the only FPS's to hold my attention all the way through, and continues to be the only non-multiplayer FPS single player mode that I continue to play all the way through again and again. Valve software deserves every bit of praise they get. Thank you Valve.
  89. Bobbobbo
  90. FerryvanZeelst
    Mar 1, 2008
    Best game every created. Has lots of nice features.
  91. Thatonekidthatlikestoplayviedogamesalot
    Mar 2, 2008
    I abousuletly love this game. Along with steam, this game and any other like it is the most exicting blowing up things I've ever done. You can get from blowing up the whole entire army of face hugged zombies to getting your brains eating out by these flying things I have no idea what are called.... I usuaully have my head cut of in the process but it's a 10 out of 10 for me. Get I abousuletly love this game. Along with steam, this game and any other like it is the most exicting blowing up things I've ever done. You can get from blowing up the whole entire army of face hugged zombies to getting your brains eating out by these flying things I have no idea what are called.... I usuaully have my head cut of in the process but it's a 10 out of 10 for me. Get this game if you really like to go zombie bashing, monster exploding, or even modding it to make it kill your enemies on the server (ok that requires ten dollars but it's worth it!) Expand
  92. adams.
    Mar 3, 2008
    Best game ever....no other game even comes close...amazing action and brilliant story.
  93. AJL.
    Mar 5, 2008
    Absolutely superb game. Excellent pacing, enemy AI, graphics, gameplay. Only the vehicle portions can be a bit annoying.
  94. TimDale
    Mar 11, 2008
    Brilliant...Astonishing...no words can desribe this game.
  95. NeilF
    Mar 12, 2008
    It's hard to explain what makes this game so great, you play it and you just can't stop!! The greatest FPS of all time, people get pissed that the game leads you around, and I don't know why they are pissed, it's called a linear game, and just because it's linear doesn't make it bad. This game is 100% gold in every aspect. So much stuff you can do with the It's hard to explain what makes this game so great, you play it and you just can't stop!! The greatest FPS of all time, people get pissed that the game leads you around, and I don't know why they are pissed, it's called a linear game, and just because it's linear doesn't make it bad. This game is 100% gold in every aspect. So much stuff you can do with the gravity gun, mods, and so forth. If you think this is just another overrated FPS, just give it a try, and make sure to strap yourself to your chair, cause it's gonna blow you away!! Expand
  96. GabeM.
    Mar 15, 2008
    Pure, beautiful graphics backed with an epic storyline, awesome gameplay, and the greatest weapon ever (Gravity Gun) make this game awesome! The greatest thing is the super gravity gun. I won't reveal anything about how you get it or anything, but it was fun picking up Combine to throw at their comrades.
  97. NathanS.
    Mar 16, 2008
    One of the best games Ive ever played
  98. AllanC.
    Mar 19, 2008
    Crashed a few times, but other then that? SOLID.
  99. AlessandroS.
    Mar 19, 2008
    As like Half-Life I played this one first a couple of years after the initial release and also like Half-Life its successor flashed me with the whole game design, the genious level architecture, its innovation, emotions, characters and the whole look and feel. Thanks Valve for this jewel and now I'm gonna play Episode 1 & 2.
  100. BlaineH
    Mar 22, 2008
    I think it was the best, most intertaining fps i have ever played on any platform. I highly recomend for the hardcore gamer but not so much the casual. Also if your computer cant handle the high futuristic graphics, amaizing sorround sound and intense gameplay... you need to blame yourself not the game.
  101. Jan 9, 2013
    It's 3 games in one really, It's an FPS with Puzzles and mild horror.
    The shooting and gun feedback is top notch and enemy AI, especially on harder difficulties, is challenging. forcing the player to take on enemies with strategy rather than waiting behind conveniently placed shoulder high walls while your health regenerates.
    The puzzles are perfectly timed to break up the action, so you
    It's 3 games in one really, It's an FPS with Puzzles and mild horror.
    The puzzles are perfectly timed to break up the action, so you aren't just shooting things until it gets boring. The addition of the gravity gun later into the game really adds depth and weight to the gameplay as you find yourself clearing hallways of debris and quickly switching to your crowbar to kill head crabs in the places you discover doing so.
    There are a few annoyances though. First off Squad AI is not broken, but annoying. An example being that Team mates often block doorways or trap you in a corner. Whoever's idea it was to combine flash light, Sprint and oxygen into one bar needs shooting, It means you can't sprint with the light on, or even use a light while holding your breath under water.

3. Playboy