6.3

1. Jun 20, 2016
    Pros:
    - this game is very varied in strategies and requires skill (best streamers get in average 7 win per arena (Kripp, Adwecta) comparing to average 3), there are many classes which means many strategies (at least 4-5 classes good for arena and I'm meeting various classes in standard battles)
    Pros:
    - you can play as a free player and if you are really good you can reach a legendary level over time (since with avg 7 arena you effectively earn by playing arena)
    - great animations and sound makes it more enjoyable
    - also not too slow comparing to many CCG (this is a huge advantage comparing to mtg clones)

Cons:
    - sometimes feeling nothing that day to play to enjoy in the game
    - sometimes feeling high imbalance even on same player lvl
    - no really free quest (requires high amount of tokens for a free to play)
    - even paid quest feels sometimes not enjoyable at all

But in overall there is not better digital CCG at the market in my opinion and I've tried dozens
  2. Jun 16, 2016
    Warcraft universe? Check!
    Cool Art? Check!
    Skill base on skill? Missing.

It's just an another **** 75% luck based game.
    Have luck, have fun. Have no? Go **** yourself!
  3. Jun 12, 2016
    Haber, este juego NO ES UN PAY TO WIN, es un PAY TO ACCELERATE, e jugado desde la Beta y solo en 2 temporadas lo he tomado en serio, llegando a rango 10 y 7 en Enero y Marzo de 2016, le hubiese dado más, pero también juego otras cosas.

En pocas palabras, si haces las misiones (Consejo si no juegas todos los dias: Regístrate y cambia las misiones que te dá 40 de oro, para que te dén misiones de 50,60 y 100 monedas o un sobre), puedes ganar una buena cantidad de oro.

Hay mazos que suelen ser baratos y buenos para empezar a jugar (Pero por la abundancia de estos y el rng, las partidas a veces pueden ser incómodas, posiblemente los 2 peores puntos para mí).

La arena es una buena forma de ganar dinero y sobres, con que tengas 3 victorias ya ganas por el sobre y las monedas, pero si obtienes una buena arena, te aseguro que progresarás en tu colección.

Lo Bueno de este juego: +Las partidas duran poco +Es simple, pero visualmente lindo sin ser desgastante +Free to Play (Pero si quieres jugar serio, tienes que progresar) +El mejor juego para jugar mientras juegas o esperas otros juegos. +Los 2 modos de juegos que tienen sus diferentes metas y arquetipos

Lo malo: -El RNG (Podría ser bueno, pero lo admito, el rng me ha dado 12 victorias en arenas, es asqueroso pero a la vez divertido) -Las aventuras costosas (Uno de los mazos mas baratos requiere Brann, necesitas 1400 de oro para llegar a su dungeon) -La abundancia de un mismo mazo (Si odias eso, la arena podría ser para ti)

EN RESUMEN: Los que se quejan de P2W son unos llorones que quieren ser leyenda en su primer mes de juego, hay jugadores que han llegado a LEYENDA 1 (TOP 1 DE EUROPA/ASIA/AMÉRICA) EN 5 DIAS SIN GASTAR NADA, pero le doy un 8 porque el sistema rng suele ser molesto y el juego es algo casual y no es recomendable para los supermegahardcore coreanos que le dedican 25 horas al día al Dark Souls (Exageré un poco)
  4. Jun 7, 2016
    Pay to win, masked as "Pay to progress faster" The people with a brain see right through it and walk away, you'll find a lot of mindless people defending the model, but the jokes on them.
  5. May 31, 2016
    I know that the negative reviews of this game are mostly about it's not f2p enough, so that's not my actual complaint about this circus. I will talk about random, oh yeah, about all this unbelievable moves like the game tell us. First of, I'd like to admit, that even Blizzard themselfs told that the game is all about random, luck, **** like that, because as they say: "It's fun" ( yeah sameI know that the negative reviews of this game are mostly about it's not f2p enough, so that's not my actual complaint about this circus. I will talk about random, oh yeah, about all this unbelievable moves like the game tell us. First of, I'd like to admit, that even Blizzard themselfs told that the game is all about random, luck, **** like that, because as they say: "It's fun" ( yeah same thing from blizz like "we know you don't want it).
    Seriously, if you haven't played the game yet, you must know - there is absolutely no way to play a game without any randomness at any point, that means, you won't be able to get any profit from using your brain for smart tactics and etc. But, if you'll play this game a little bit more, you will notice, that it's not that random at all - you will predict your opponents moves: you have 4-6 nice minions with 4 or less health on the table? BAM - FLAMESTIRKE!!! they are dead now.... and on and on.
    I could discribe this kind of setups by Blizzard, but I know you can go play the game right now and notice this "random" at it's finest. Hearthstone could really be a great game for everybody, but blizzard decided to take our fun under their control more and more with each game they make, each patch or expansion. Maybe this hidden feature is intended for a good reason, but for me and - it is the only little big problem that wastes it all.
  6. May 30, 2016
    A really good game ruined by the poor pay 2 win experience.
    Pros:
    -Accessible for everyone. -Free. -Easy to play - hard to master. -Good lore, design, ost etc. -Plenty of cards, combinations, decks and strategies. Cons: -You can't get new cards, literally, even if you play 24 hours per day, some cards are impossible to get if you don't spend any money. And this, in a card game is
    A really good game ruined by the poor pay 2 win experience.
    Pros:
    -Accessible for everyone.
    -Free.
    -Easy to play - hard to master.
    -Good lore, design, ost etc.
    -Plenty of cards, combinations, decks and strategies.

Cons:
    -You can't get new cards, literally, even if you play 24 hours per day, some cards are impossible to get if you don't spend any money. And this, in a card game is just frustrating.
    -Even if you pay, you need to spent A LOT of money. It's not cheap.
  7. May 27, 2016
    Hearthstone is a rather fun and easy to learn but hard to master card game. The game is, however, pay to win and very grind-y.

To earn cards in this game, packs must be opened. They cost 100 gold in game currency. This means you will be able to open one pack per three days if you role 40 currency quests. An additional pack can be earned via tavern brawl, a weekly event that lasts a few days. Cards can be crafted through dust, which is earned through recycling cards you don't want or have two duplicates of.

This can be very grind-y, so if you don't play the game often, or conform to the quests, you will earn cards very slowly, as duplicates mean getting all the cards takes a long time. Legedaries and epics cost a lot of dust, and you get less dust back than it costs to craft.

This is not good since the meta of the game in both standard and wild modes, and even to an extent casual, revolves heavily around meta decks. You simply can't get above rank 16 without a good meta or anti-meta deck, not even if you are very good at TCGs. And since the meta is ever-shifting and old cards are made redundant in standard, new cards released, earning all the cards needed to make a relevant meta deck is impossible without dedicating your life to the game.

And since, as I said, the meta shifts, and cards give less dust when disenchanted, you can't simply disenchant and re-enchant cards to play the meta deck you want to. This leaves the game feeling frustrating as you simply cannot progress through the ranks. Buying packs will give you more cards, but because of duplicates, you still will not get the cards you want even if bought in bulk, and my luck of getting legandaries seems awful. I only got one legendary in 30 packs when I preordered WoTOG expansion- never again. Seems to me like there should be a set number of them you get in a certain number of pack openings, or the probability should increase.

Some pros: Some cards can be earned through DLCs where you play a quest against AIs. However, these addons are expensive and cost too much to grind in game money. Also, they do not contain the cards for the best meta decks, really, and they will rotate out in standard.

Final score of 3. Has potential to be a fun competitive game for the masses, but for those without a ton of time or a big wallet, it is impossible to progress beyond a certain point.
  8. May 26, 2016
    The thing to understand about Hearthstone is that it's a very, very casual game. The existence of a pro circuit should not be taken as an indication of a skill-demanding gameplay but as as an expression of its wide-ranging popularity and its suitability for streaming. It's most accurately compared to a game like Texas Hold'em Poker in the sense that it requires skill to play accurately,The thing to understand about Hearthstone is that it's a very, very casual game. The existence of a pro circuit should not be taken as an indication of a skill-demanding gameplay but as as an expression of its wide-ranging popularity and its suitability for streaming. It's most accurately compared to a game like Texas Hold'em Poker in the sense that it requires skill to play accurately, but in a lot of scenarios skill won't matter tremendously due to huge variance. This doesn't make Hearthstone a bad game, just a very casual game.

My main objections are:
    1. The direction the game is taking - towards less diverse, simpler gameplay and deck-building. Steadily heading deeper into mediocrity.

2. How extremely greedy the game is and that's where a new player needs to pay attention. If you want all the cards in Hearthstone, an average estimate of around 600$ is by no means exaggerated. If you want the cards for the current Standard format, you can maybe cut it down to around 450$. That's extreme and your expenses won't end there, you should expect something like 50$ a year at least from that point on. Now, you don't need all cards but if you want to have a few decent decks, you're probably still looking at 150-200$.

Hearthstone is suited for people who'd like a very casual card-game to have a bit of fun with and for whom money isn't really an object. If you liked Magic the Gathering or strategical games in general, you'd be better off looking at games like Faeria or Hex or something like that (or Magic the Gathering Online if a clunky interface doesn't bother you).

In the end, Hearthstone remains a mediocre game because of its insistent pandering to the absolutely lowest denominator and its terrible greed, but the game isn't bad as such. The interface is smooth, some ideas are fun and there have been interesting decks in the meta at times (just too rarely). In the end, however, the game aims for and accurately hits mediocrity.
  9. May 24, 2016
    Went down hill pretty fast. After the Naxxramas Expansion it died for me. New crap cards release, new stupid rng stuff which noone needs. And it's pay2win. Lame. Full of Botters.
  10. May 13, 2016
    Tried the game for the first time in 2014. Didnt have time to get into it at the time. Fast forward to 2016. I try the game again since I now have the time for it. I enjoyed it but it soon became clear that I had to pay some cash to get a quick start into the game as others have progressed with their card decks for 2 years now. Bought 40€ worth of cards. Got jack **** to show for it. MyTried the game for the first time in 2014. Didnt have time to get into it at the time. Fast forward to 2016. I try the game again since I now have the time for it. I enjoyed it but it soon became clear that I had to pay some cash to get a quick start into the game as others have progressed with their card decks for 2 years now. Bought 40€ worth of cards. Got jack **** to show for it. My current W/L ratio is around 1 win per 10 games and that is purely because the matchmaking in any mode does not consider decks into the matchmaking when finding a opponent. There is no way to win someone who has put more time/money into the game than I have and since the matchmaking cant see that I am facing opponents with better cards and more experience in the game than myself. It was fun for a while but after a 20 lose streak I started wondering if theres something really wrong with the game. There is. Its pure pay to win if you dont have the time to grind months for full decks before facing off against other players. I found a compiled list of cost / time to own all the cards in the game. As of 5/2016 it would cost you thousands of real life currency to get all the cards to play in an even field with the veterans the matchmaking places you with. Or in time. A whooping 8 months of daily grinding to get your decks to the state the veterans have them already.

All in all. The game itself is really good but if you want to compete with other players you either need to drop over 1000 USD at once when you start playing or grind matches against bots for 8 months to stand a chance against veterans players.

I am disappointed. I expected more from a "free to play" game.

Shame on you blizzard.

The only game mode that gives a fair chance at winning is the arena. Which lets you choose 30 cards from totally random cards to form a deck that you compete against other players whom have forged their own random card decks. But that game mode costs you. The entry fee for the arena is 2€ which lasts you until you lose 3 games in total or 100 ingame gold. After 15 hours of farming I got 160 gold. Not worth it.

DL;DR Money grab. Pure p2w. Stay away.
  11. May 2, 2016
    **** garbage ass game. Was fun till this retardedass joke of a company shafted the whole thing with the new trash expansion and "standard" **** Incredibly disappointing considering how many hours I sunk into the game back when it was actually fun.
  12. Apr 24, 2016
    There are many reasons why I have come to absolutely hate HearthStone after playing the game for over a year. Here is my entire list as to why I now absolutely despise this game and Blizzard as a company.

1.) The Game Has Never Been Balanced And Never Will Be Hearthstone has an infamous history of overpowered decks and cards, and the solution of Blizzard for these broken game

1.) The Game Has Never Been Balanced And Never Will Be

Hearthstone has an infamous history of overpowered decks and cards, and the solution of Blizzard for these broken game mechanics is to rather nerf the decks/cards to the point where they are absolutely useless, or just do nothing at all. Cards that have received heavy nerfs include the Starving Buzzard, the Undertaker, and Warsong Commander. While cards which have been powerful for an extremely long time and clearly need a nerf, such as Emperor Thaurissan, Alexstrasza, and Dr. Boom.

At the same time, there are also classes in Hearthstone that are completely imbalanced. A common example is the Paladin class which features an incredibly variety of powerful card types and combos(Secrets, Weapons, Equality+Concecrate, etc) which allow players to create any type of deck that's possible to make; be it Aggressive, Secret, Mid-Ranged, Control or even an OTK deck.

While other classes, such as the Rogue class, have been desperate for buffs for an extremely long time because their decks are as effective as a Basic-Card-Only Deck.

2.) Always 50/50

While many people constantly criticize HearthStone for being a "pay-to-win" game, not even the most overpowered cards will guarantee your victories. Whether you have every legendary in the game or have just started playing Hearthstone, the matchmaking system sets up games so that every player has the closest to a 50% win-rate as possible.

This is especially evident in Ranked Ladder; where less than 10% of players within a region ever make it to and past the Silver League in a season.

3.) The Recent Expansions Have Been Epic Failures!

With the recent expansions in HearthStone, it is clear that the guys at Blizzard have done terrible jobs to make the game fresh, exciting and balanced. In the two recent expansions for HearthStone; "The Grand Tournament" and "The League of Explorers", less than 10% of the cards from both expansions see regular use in decks. Not only did Blizzard completely fail to create a new card mechanic "i.e. 'Inspire'", they also completely failed to change the META; instead STRENGTHENING it.

4.) Whispers of The Old Gods and Wild/Standard Formats

This was the most money-hungry failure from Blizzard so far!

While Blizzard had promised that their cards would be relevant forever, they have not completely broken their promise by removing the Naxxramas and GvG expansions from "official gameplay" (i.e. the "standard" mode). At the same time, they are also releasing an expansion and updating cards which promises to balance the game and make it fresh.

The first reason why this is bad is because instead of doing all of this, Blizzard could have instead just updated all the cards to balance the game. The only thing wrong with this in their eyes is that there's no $$$ in simply updating the cards.

The second reason this is bad is because Blizzard knows how great their Naxxramas and GvG cards are and know how their latest expansions were complete failures both game-wise and profit-wise because only a few cards were actually useful, and those cards only made the Naxx and GvG cards stronger. So in order for people to purchase their newest expansions they're just getting rid of Naxx and GvG all together.

The third reason this is bad is because of the design mechanics of the WoTOG's cards. A great example is C'Thun, which is a legendary that Blizzard clearly wants to make the newest "overpowered" card. Only problem with this is that this card is really hard-countered by a deck that's been the prime competitive and overpowered deck for over a year (Grimm Patron Warrior)! At the same time, they are once again releasing cards in the expansion which only make the current META stronger, and once again I refer mainly to the Grim Patron Warrior deck!
    ___________________________________________________________________________

In one long sentence, in case you didn't read the extremely long rant above;

HearthStone is (and always has been) completely unbalanced, most of the cards in the game are completely useless, you will never stop losing 50% of the time no matter how many cards you buy, and Blizzard's only solution to the many problems in HearthStone listed above is for players to buy more useless cards.
  13. Apr 18, 2016
    This game has its own glitter to it, and it can be pretty fun. Blizzard tries very hard to create the >TRADING< (jk) virtual card game experience, being able to craft your own decks on your computer or on your mobile phone. I spent a good amount of time on this game to conclude that this game works, and it works great, even if this is really a game of roll-the-dice. The graphics and layoutThis game has its own glitter to it, and it can be pretty fun. Blizzard tries very hard to create the >TRADING< (jk) virtual card game experience, being able to craft your own decks on your computer or on your mobile phone. I spent a good amount of time on this game to conclude that this game works, and it works great, even if this is really a game of roll-the-dice. The graphics and layout look so slick its pleasing to the eye. Each individual 1v1 game has an interactable battlefield of some WoW location, which allows you to speak to your opponent through emotes. Each card has the WoW art with different effects that are appropriate to the character. You get gold from daily quests and winning games to earn packs, which can give you some legendary WoW characters that look great. You can get even more packs through arena battles or tavern brawls, which are games with specific rules added every few days. What this game has that other card games don't offer is the ability to disenchant your own cards and craft ones you want. To speed up the card count, of course you would need to add in a bit of money.

This game looks, runs and feels great. However, gameplay itself in a 1v1 match does not feel too great. I found myself begging to draw a certain card or hope he does not draw a certain effect. This game is very RNG-based, and only some skill and knowledge is involved. It comes to the point where every little thing counts if RNG is acting similarly to both players. But overall, this is an enjoyable game and collecting shiny gold cards and crafting legend-worthy decks is serious fun.
  14. Apr 18, 2016
    Pay to win

OOOOOOohhhhhhhhhhhh another legendary op **** and another and another and another
    matches the company capitalistic **** not a fair gameplay
  15. Apr 17, 2016
    Its a shame how a game with such little development in the cards themselves gets so much popularity, ive played it for a bit to give it a chance but it just can't even come close to a lot of other card games. If you like hearthstone for the card aspect, please do yourself a favor and just give some others a chance. Trust me you'll enjoy them a lot more if you get into them.
  16. Apr 12, 2016
    Fácil de jugar, difícil de dominar.

Me es difícil reseñar objetivamente esta obra que se a llevado la mitad de mi tiempo y de mi sueldo. ¿Es Hearhstone un buen título? La respuesta que mi corazón grita es SI, pero analizándolo puede que parezca lo contrario. En esta obra controlamos 9 diferentes clases, cada una separada por su propio set de cartas que se complementan con un set
    Fácil de jugar, difícil de dominar.

En esta obra controlamos 9 diferentes clases, cada una separada por su propio set de cartas que se complementan con un set común que comparten todas las clases. Tanto los héroes como las cartas pertenecen al lore de Warcraft por lo que nos encontraremos personajes conocidos como Sylvanas, Jaina, Alamuerte, Thrall, entre varios otros iconos que los fans de Blizzard reconocen a la distancia.

La experiencia de juego es de altísimo nivel, en esto Blizzard no falla y tiene la formula perfecta para contentar a sus jugadores como para atraer a un nuevo público. Recordemos que Hearthstone puede ser jugado desde un PC o desde dispositivos móviles lo que invita nuevos jugadores acceder a esta obra.

¿Entonces es todo perfecto en Hearthstone?, lamentablemente no lo es, al poco jugar te das cuenta que si no realizas compras de set de cartas no podrás acceder rápidamente a mazos competitivos, siempre esta la opción de jugarlo free to play pero tomará muuuuuuuuuucho tiempo poder tener todas las cartas competitivas.

Existen varios modos de juegos siendo los modos "Casual" y "Ranked" los más populares, además de un sistema de tutorial y mini campañas que obtendrás al comprar las aventuras (expansiones).

Finalmente al ser Hearthstone un juego "free to play / pay to win" recomiendo a todos que lo prueben de forma gratuita y queda en cada uno de ustedes el libre albedrío de pagar por el o no.
  17. A0I
    Apr 12, 2016
    For a casual game, this one makes it alright, having chance to F2P to shine on this, making the fact of paying just a shortcut to get a wider collection with more possibilities. This doesn't mean that a focused F2P can make a goal to make certain deck, dominate it and conquer the ladder, something I already did.

Many negative reviews here come from people who lack the skill to play and

Many negative reviews here come from people who lack the skill to play and the courage to admit they are not good enough to adapt to the shifting metagames, punishing hard the game for something that Blizzard didn't do wrong, and remember that TCGs aren't for everyone, they got a specific niche in a way other games such as Dark Souls saga or the last Super Mario Bros installments have.

Variety of classes with their own specific ways to win and control the board, tons of neutral minions to complete your custom deck, it becomes a cycle of build, play, fail, rebuild, play and fail again until you get a decent deck and the vision of how to play it, which is enough to get wins in this game. Very recommendable, more now that you can play on your phone as well.
  18. Apr 12, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is a rip off & rigged game the AI bot will know you hand when you play arena or rank games the game is designed to rip you off (DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY ON THIS RIP OFF GAME) the people that run the game are greedy & very nasty people trying to make child gamble when the card are all way stack in the house forever (DO NOT LET THEM RIP YOU OFF

DO NOT PAY TO PLAY THIS RIP OFF GAME

THIS GAME SHOULD BE RE NAME RIPSTONE
  19. Apr 7, 2016
    At start, it was a good idea, a decent Free to play game, but, as the game became famous and the cash started to fall from the sky, they throw all away and started to don't care about the FTP players. Or you pay their high price for everything or content yourself with some poor cards. Free to play my @ss.
  20. Apr 4, 2016
    Awesome card game! Gameplay is fluid, user-friendly, uncomplicated, and easy to get into. I play Hearthstone more than Magic the Gathering and Yu Gi Oh combined.

I don't understand why people are complaining saying that this game is P2W and that you need to pay money to get legendary cards. Totally untrue. I have 3 legendary cards that I have got from playing and I have not spent 1 penny on this game. There are also complaints saying that this game is a grind. I disagree. I rarely feel like I'm grinding in this game at all because I'm having too much fun just by playing it.

Once you get beyond level 20 in ranked you will run into tougher opponents that most likely have spent money on their decks. At that point I just head back to casual play and continue having fun. I'm a casual player so I'm fine playing in the casual room 99 percent of the time. I don't need to advance to level 1 in ranked to have a good time in Hearthstone.

So there it is. I highly recommend this card game to anyone interested in the WOW lore or new to card games in general. Oh yeah... its free!
  21. Mar 29, 2016
    Extremely Pay 2 Win. Do not play Hearthstone unless you plan on investing a lot of money. I have been playing card games my entire life, but sometimes there is literally nothing you can do against stacked decks. I finally called it quits after only my 30th match. In that time I got 19 wins, 3 of which were perfects (pretty dang good if I say so myself), and 11 losses. Only 2 of the lossesExtremely Pay 2 Win. Do not play Hearthstone unless you plan on investing a lot of money. I have been playing card games my entire life, but sometimes there is literally nothing you can do against stacked decks. I finally called it quits after only my 30th match. In that time I got 19 wins, 3 of which were perfects (pretty dang good if I say so myself), and 11 losses. Only 2 of the losses were to "Standard" decks.
    Great graphics and animations for a card game. Great music. Sadly, I would not recommend it to anyone looking to play casually.
  22. Mar 14, 2016
    This game is p2w no doubt about it. With the new patch from March 14, 2016, it seems so different. We had to pay all our money and waste our time with gold just to see our hard work destroyed from Blizzard taking out the Goblins and Gnomes and Naxxramas expansions. Although it's a very fun game as well as competitive, the need for money is necessary to win against other players as well asThis game is p2w no doubt about it. With the new patch from March 14, 2016, it seems so different. We had to pay all our money and waste our time with gold just to see our hard work destroyed from Blizzard taking out the Goblins and Gnomes and Naxxramas expansions. Although it's a very fun game as well as competitive, the need for money is necessary to win against other players as well as solo adventures. Thus, there is no point for buying the packs and adventures unless you want to be ranked number 1 in the game. Recommend playing hard for the gold and play with the expansions that are taken out of Hearthstone. Thanks Blizzard. Expand
  23. Mar 13, 2016
    Easy to get the hang of, hard to master. There are many ways to win or lose. Cards are very balanced, even the Warlock - A class that hurts itself to get stronger(logic!) is surprisingly balanced. Also if you combine certain cards on the table at once, they may be more effective than normal. Even the order you deploy them in may make a difference. That's the sort of thing you don't see inEasy to get the hang of, hard to master. There are many ways to win or lose. Cards are very balanced, even the Warlock - A class that hurts itself to get stronger(logic!) is surprisingly balanced. Also if you combine certain cards on the table at once, they may be more effective than normal. Even the order you deploy them in may make a difference. That's the sort of thing you don't see in other casual-style PvP games like Bloons TD Battles. Expand
  24. Mar 7, 2016
    The game is ok, it's kinda fun at once, specially if you haven't played any card game before, visually it's quite rich and it's great that you can find game in just 5 seconds. However, if you've played other card games before, this adds nothing new and if you didn't start playing at the very beginning it kinda becomes a "pay to win" as you need good cards to be able to rank up and decksThe game is ok, it's kinda fun at once, specially if you haven't played any card game before, visually it's quite rich and it's great that you can find game in just 5 seconds. However, if you've played other card games before, this adds nothing new and if you didn't start playing at the very beginning it kinda becomes a "pay to win" as you need good cards to be able to rank up and decks are too expensive for the cards they give (5 random cards where most of the time 4 of them are basic) Expand
  25. Mar 4, 2016
    Hearthstone can be entertaining, but after only a year they are out of ideas and are introducing power creep which absolutely sucks for casual players. Some of the cards are ridiculously overpowered and of course you can get all those awesome cards much faster when you pay money.
  26. Feb 25, 2016
    Pay to win so its fun at first and then you realize if you want to play more than a few hours you have to pay. It has the posibility to be good, but falls short in the end with numerous balance issues.
  27. Feb 24, 2016
    Very few cards are playable, which leads to monotonous and repetitive gameplay. Also, for some reason both Blizzard and their audience think that this is a TCG and treat is as such. I like to treat it as a videogame, because that's exactly what it is. They don't print cards, you can't trade cards and you shouldn't spend hundreds of dollars for virtual cards that are designed to be bad onVery few cards are playable, which leads to monotonous and repetitive gameplay. Also, for some reason both Blizzard and their audience think that this is a TCG and treat is as such. I like to treat it as a videogame, because that's exactly what it is. They don't print cards, you can't trade cards and you shouldn't spend hundreds of dollars for virtual cards that are designed to be bad on purpose.

When they stop releasing one expansion after the other and instead try to rework some of the existing cards, I might reinstall the game, but I don't think that's ever gonna happen. Blizzard and greed are synonyms it looks like.
  28. Feb 23, 2016
    The critics that wrote reviews for this clearly were paid off by blizzard. First off this game is largely reminiscent of the magic the gathering game made for the PC. Card play like this is nothing new.

None of the characters or anything else is at all original. Every last bit was ripped from world of warcraft. Now for the nail in the coffin, It started off as a fun game and a

Now for the nail in the coffin, It started off as a fun game and a fair game. Now... unless your willing to buy card packs on the regular, you'll spend lots of time losing quickly. Sorry Blizzard but your attempt at a free game has failed. Its a pay to win. We all hate pay to wins.
  29. Jan 29, 2016
    Just amazing,great card game based on wow , every gamer should give it a go , the store offers things that can easily be fund in game do not listen to all those bad comments its just haters!
  30. Jan 23, 2016
    The game is just too RNG dependent. The game features little skill and solemnly lies on who gets the better top decks. Another thing that makes matters worse is the fact that there is a large card pool, and to create an "efficient" deck requires a lot of time to gather the proper cards. This makes the game extremely challenging for new players to get into it.
  31. Jan 17, 2016
    the game is too good but if you don´t play 6 diary hours you will never have good cards and you will lose for ever.
    at least the matchmaking is 7/10
  32. Jan 17, 2016
    Game is good but its pay 2 win. Thode who have most money can buy best cards and those cards are owerpowered and can only be beaten if you buy cards too. I have lost countless times to some idiots who cant othwerwise play but because they have 3 legendary cards in their desks, witch all are only obtainable by buying expansions, I lose to them. So its good but really unfair.
  33. Jan 3, 2016
    As long as cards such as Dr. Boom and Mysterious Challenger exist, this game can not be taken seriously. Hell, even the developer team obviously doesn't care about it since there are such obvious massive imbalances. This could be a great game, but as usual since Activision took over Blizzard, they simply don't put in very much effort into it. There is nothing to talk about as the game hasAs long as cards such as Dr. Boom and Mysterious Challenger exist, this game can not be taken seriously. Hell, even the developer team obviously doesn't care about it since there are such obvious massive imbalances. This could be a great game, but as usual since Activision took over Blizzard, they simply don't put in very much effort into it. There is nothing to talk about as the game has serious balance issues. 0/10 not even a discussion. Expand
  34. Jan 1, 2016
    This game is just absolute crap. It's pay-2-win and game mechanics are really poor. I actually don't know a single good game that was made by Blizzard.
  35. Dec 24, 2015
    Pay 2 Win, completely random unless you have amounts of overpowered cards (that you get from spending your sweet munies on packs). Luck let alone, even if you facerolling your enemy 90% of game, they will then pull this unbalanced legendary card (10/10 drag that will wipe whole your army as battlecry when entering the game, and then rekt you in 2 rounds) and you will taste your sour tears,Pay 2 Win, completely random unless you have amounts of overpowered cards (that you get from spending your sweet munies on packs). Luck let alone, even if you facerolling your enemy 90% of game, they will then pull this unbalanced legendary card (10/10 drag that will wipe whole your army as battlecry when entering the game, and then rekt you in 2 rounds) and you will taste your sour tears, made of pain that inflicted you the **** by blizzard, completely selling every last piece of game balance to everyone, who is willing to milk their wallets to oblivion.

I have 10 hours in and I got to 15 Rank thanks to quite decent deck guide for Mage, but at this point, no matter how clever I am trying to be, trying to predict and take some aspects into consideration I will always get facerolled by someone pulling out these cheesy Legendary/Epic cards and turning tide of battle with 1-2 cards. Sadly for me, I didnt get any epic/legendary from my decks. Thats exactly what blizzard want, they want me to pay a fortune now to get dem cards - gambling like tard for excessive amounts of money.

No thanks.

Art is quite nice tho, interface too. Would give it 8/10, but I definitely cant with this business model that ruins game completely.

Soon this game will fall and no one ever will remember it, as It has no serious competitive potential.
  36. Dec 11, 2015
    After around playing this for 2 years I decided to stop and you will know why. Each new expansion Blizzard brings to keep the "meta" more stronger and unbalance between the classes, so it is impossible you get out of this situation without using the similiar overpowered classes. This new course from Adventure of Explorer's and TGT brings the idea that will never balance the cards andAfter around playing this for 2 years I decided to stop and you will know why. Each new expansion Blizzard brings to keep the "meta" more stronger and unbalance between the classes, so it is impossible you get out of this situation without using the similiar overpowered classes. This new course from Adventure of Explorer's and TGT brings the idea that will never balance the cards and modes, an example of that if you play a 10 paladin mana card you can deal 30 damage in one turn if you get lucky otherwise it deal around 15 damage(check Anyfin Can Happen) this is absurd because you don't have the correct tools or space in your deck to counter that. Finishing my review of this game I would like to compare Hearthstone to a Casino but if you are young and like new adventurer with RNG you can play the game. Expand
  37. Nov 30, 2015
    This game is completly a p2w. I had playing since it lauched, at start it wasn't p2w , but it begins to introduce more and more aventures ($$$$$$$$$$$) ,more and more new booster packs......and with the low rewards its imposible to get all cards if you dont pay....
    I had more than 1500wins and 400 arena wins , i know what im talking about. If you want to start play this game, think before , that you wont be competitive if u dont pay
    Boring of this p2w . They will say to you that it isn't a p2w , ofc not if you play 24hours per day 1 year, if you play normal or casual 1-2hours per day , u wont have good cards for being competitive.
  38. Nov 21, 2015
    It is a simplistic game because of the linear curve so pretty much no resource management and a lot of RNG you need to deal with. I am bored after 1 or a few games in ranked or tavern brawl. Arena i don't even want to begin with its even more RNG than ranked. So i play on a very casual basis.

It is easy to change the meta but it is hard to change archetypes (like zoolock - handlock - hunter with face potential - combo druid - control warrior etc.) or rather to create new ones, 2 reasons for this is because spells are class only and hero powers. So after a while it got me bored. And the dominant decks in the meta were not always the prettiest ones for example like (face) hunter who actually dominated the ladder nearly 2 years since Unleash the Hounds was nerfed to 2 mana until TGT where Secret Paladin took over (hunter is still viable though).

I also want to mention that it is indeed very hard for new players to come into the game.

In the end I liked some people streaming it more than actually playing it myself.
  39. Nov 19, 2015
    Really simple game, but so fun and addictive! There are certainly difficulties when you first start out as a new player, however it's very easy to unlock lots of packs and build a deck early on without having to spend a penny. Of course however, it is entirley pot luck what cards you get, and the game is anything but balanced. Tip: get Dr. Boom ASAP!
  40. Nov 18, 2015
    Worsed game out there sooo bad! purely luck drawn **** game, really only way to win more is to just spend all your money to these asses. srsly this is the worsed game in years from the most selfish **** company in the fackin world.
    Kanker is better than this game 4 real
  41. Nov 8, 2015
    This game is Pay 2 Win, unless you're willing to shell out a couple hundred or you've been playing since release you stand no chance of ever catching up or competing. Sure you can sort of compete by grinding and dusting everything in to the current OP flavor of the month deck but you'll be right back at the beginning once it's nerfed.

PAY 2 WIN, AVOID AVOID AVOID.
  42. Oct 30, 2015
    There's a lot to like about Hearthstone. It's very addictive, fun, and good to play with friends. The only problem is, it is completely Pay 2 Win. If you decide to play this game for free don't expect to win against anybody who's been paying. Don't expect to play competitively. There are normally about three decks which are viable to play and have a good chance of winning, and if you don'tThere's a lot to like about Hearthstone. It's very addictive, fun, and good to play with friends. The only problem is, it is completely Pay 2 Win. If you decide to play this game for free don't expect to win against anybody who's been paying. Don't expect to play competitively. There are normally about three decks which are viable to play and have a good chance of winning, and if you don't have the cards required for them you can either grind losing games for hours and hours or pay up.
    Good game in theory, but like almost every other F2P in existence, a good theory is ruined by need to extract money.
  43. Oct 22, 2015
    Horrible game that is completely unplayable on my brand new android...so I tried it on PC and just wow what a bad pat-to-win game.

If you don't want to pay anything don't play this game.
  44. Oct 18, 2015
    Blizzard fanbois may tell you that this game is deep, full of content, complex and fun. But dont be fooled, the game have nowhere the complexitiy of other card games out there and is simply a RNG fest. Each expansion introduces even more RNG, games are just a flip of the coin. Although, blizzard has pushed out several expansions since release, Blizzard being the stupid fools that they areBlizzard fanbois may tell you that this game is deep, full of content, complex and fun. But dont be fooled, the game have nowhere the complexitiy of other card games out there and is simply a RNG fest. Each expansion introduces even more RNG, games are just a flip of the coin. Although, blizzard has pushed out several expansions since release, Blizzard being the stupid fools that they are refuse to balance the game(a virtual one at that). That means that due to overpowered cards from previous expansions, most newer cards are completely unplayable, of the cards from the latest expansion, the number of cards that are viable can be counted on one hand. Oh and dont let me get started on how overpriced content is in this game. Expand
  45. Oct 18, 2015
    The game is as pay 2 win as it gets. Cards are more expensive than some physical card games and are untradeable and heck, adventures and skins are more expensive than some paid games out there. That really pisses me off because hearthstone is based on the Warcraft franchise and warcraft III was an amazing game. Such a shame that Blizzard has fallen to such low money-grabbing practices.
  46. Oct 12, 2015
    It's easy to describe Hearthstone the same way Blizzard does, fun and simple. It's very easy to learn while the mechanics are also deep and you seem to learn new things all the time. It's fun and easy to play with friends, the classes are unique and the artwork is great too. My negatives are that while it's fun, it can get repetitive, so i recommend Hearthstone in short bursts. TheIt's easy to describe Hearthstone the same way Blizzard does, fun and simple. It's very easy to learn while the mechanics are also deep and you seem to learn new things all the time. It's fun and easy to play with friends, the classes are unique and the artwork is great too. My negatives are that while it's fun, it can get repetitive, so i recommend Hearthstone in short bursts. The expansion prices are ridiculous and it costs a few bucks to get new packs unless you earn them by coins (takes a while) or through daily quests (which those cards aren't even good). So in a way, it IS pay to win. But it is still a fun game to play if you need to kill some time. Expand
  47. Oct 7, 2015
    This is free to play.
    You do not need to ever spend money on the game (you can accumulate in-game gold and make purchases).
    Has the imagination of Magic The Gathering and the inspiration of the other cards games (Yu-Gi-Oh, Vanguard, etc). Note they hired Magic players to advise on the game. Friendly for all ages. It is literally a perfect game. The one downside is, unless you pay
    This is free to play.
    Friendly for all ages.
    It is literally a perfect game.

The one downside is, unless you pay for booster packs, it will take a good amount of time to collect all the cards necessary to become a top player. But that's normal for ANY card game, digital or physical
  48. Oct 6, 2015
    Sorry, but I cannot appreciate a game who's abusing human stupidity.
    Sorry, but I cannot appreciate a game who's abusing human stupidity.
    there is a real card game named MAGIC, that gives the players the opportunity to use approx 70% strategy and 30% luck, on heartstone on the other way, it's 60% luck (not including OP cards) and 40% strategy. over the years human's realized that luck enters more money than strategy, therefor many good strategy games were closed because of there complexity and there ability to serve games which force human's to play tactics and not pray for good cards.

yes, sound and graphics are very nice, but arent they similar to those of a slot machine? the sound uppon choosing a match triggers something on the back of each player, its a one huge slot machine in a huge disguise.

all the good review of this game are consequences of the followed:
    kids or not intellectual enough who played against other players and realized they have to buy many packs/play many games until they will get rare/epic/legendary cards to win.
    they don't realize what's hiding behind the intention of this game, obviously money.
    try not to buy any packs and win someone who bought 10+ packs, its nearly impossible, you must have either 60% luck which gives the other player no luck and or fight against someone's stupid.
  49. Oct 3, 2015
    Easiest game in the world. The game requires nearly no thinking and hardly any skill. It's extremely difficult to be bad at this game, and if hell freezes over and pigs begin to fly and someone is terrible at this game, all they have to do is google a good deck and hope they get lucky with RNG. The RNG in this game is also crap, and making the game require less skill from the little itEasiest game in the world. The game requires nearly no thinking and hardly any skill. It's extremely difficult to be bad at this game, and if hell freezes over and pigs begin to fly and someone is terrible at this game, all they have to do is google a good deck and hope they get lucky with RNG. The RNG in this game is also crap, and making the game require less skill from the little it already needs. Honestly, you would probably have better luck playing poker than playing this game because it is 80% luck, 10 % knowledge, 5 % skill, and 5 % grinding all day. Other than the **** game mechanics and constant grind or pay to win system, the game is good for 5 mins of fun every here and there before you begin to constantly vomit, so I'll rate it as a 2. Expand
  50. Sep 28, 2015
    Im not sure if i just have bad luck or the game is glitched out because i have gone through 12 games so far and every time i get the same 10 cards or so in the begining in a horrible order. both of my +8 health cards in the first 3 turns every single time. Get the cards at the begining, trade away, receive same card. Thats just one example. I have gotten the same 4-5 high cards at theIm not sure if i just have bad luck or the game is glitched out because i have gone through 12 games so far and every time i get the same 10 cards or so in the begining in a horrible order. both of my +8 health cards in the first 3 turns every single time. Get the cards at the begining, trade away, receive same card. Thats just one example. I have gotten the same 4-5 high cards at the begining while there are 10+ cards i have not seen in every single game. All 12 of them. They all, of course, are cards which provide key points to the decks strategy. This is utterly horrendous. 12 games and the same cards, literally. Expand
  51. Sep 25, 2015
    Hearthstone(from now on HS) is a TCG.You can pay for many things like booster, adventures or simply for cosmetics.First of all i have an account where i buy 6 packs every month and one that is pure F2P.Because of that i can say HS is NOT pay to win.HS is pay to accelerate.If you start a pure F2P account you build ONE class first for laddergames and that works just fine.You can even watchHearthstone(from now on HS) is a TCG.You can pay for many things like booster, adventures or simply for cosmetics.First of all i have an account where i buy 6 packs every month and one that is pure F2P.Because of that i can say HS is NOT pay to win.HS is pay to accelerate.If you start a pure F2P account you build ONE class first for laddergames and that works just fine.You can even watch Trump on Youtube right now, hes playing a F2P priest and climbs the ladder like a machine.While he is a pro he plays without money.The problem is that most players are just terrible and need a perfect, premade decklist to play.Of course you have troubles when you are not capable of adapting with your cardpool but that is YOUR OWN FAULT.The F2P modell is really fair i think.You can buy 3-6 packs per week depending on what quests you get or you can play arena.

Lets look into the rest of the game:

Sound:Everything here is ok.Some cards have nice sounds, most not.The music is ok.

Visuals:What do you expect here, its a TCG!The game look ok.

Gameplay:I wont discuss the basic rules, the game is easy to learn and the mechanics(!!) are easy to master too.I think that appeals to a lot of people because games like YGO or Magic are MUCH MUCH MUCH more complicated and you need to know a lot of rules.Maybe the game is too simpel.A big problem is the current state of the game.The people that design the cards must be complete retarded.Whatch some videos on YT for footage from the alpha or beta how broken some cards were back than.Now they fixed most of this **** but if you want to play competetivly you need an "unfair" deck.I talk about secret pala, face-hunter, grim patron warrior and so on.Youll encounter mostly agressive decks while you are most of the time screwed if you play a controldeck.This is a design-flaw in my opinion.You should never get punished that hard if you play a slower deck.You miss turn 1?Too bad, most of the time its already GG in a meta where you need the perfect play most of the time.

That aside Blizzard managed to push the RNG bull**** to next level.Cards like shredder for example.This is e-sports?When you lead BY A LOT and you shredder drops a doomsayer for example?Or the shredder drops an Darnassus aspirant and you lose mana because of that?In my opinion this is bad design.Blizzard is talking about fun.Im sorry, i had never fun when i won or lost a game because of that bull****.

Conclusion:Because of the bad design and not enough expansions(it took me just some weeks to get all the playable cards from the latest expansion on both my accounts) i cant say HS is a good game.Its an okay game with a very very fair F2P modell that is easy to learn.You can have a lot of fun but not just sometimes youll find yourself in a really salty spot because you lost to RNG bull**** or unfair decks/cards.Like i said gamedesign is not a strong point in the HS team.
  52. Sep 22, 2015
    Blizzard lo ha vuelto a hacer. Un juego fácil de jugar y difícil de dominar. Vicio puro. A mí gusto le falta un competitivo más público, con rankings y listas de éxitos por los que alardear.
  53. Sep 2, 2015
    I decided to try this game because a lot of my friends were playing, but this game was extremely disappointing. A lot of the cards that are introduced in each new expansion are cards that have unreliable effects. This ends up leading to a large chunk of cards that are not very viable for competitive play and ranked play ends up being only about 4-5 commonly seen decks with very littleI decided to try this game because a lot of my friends were playing, but this game was extremely disappointing. A lot of the cards that are introduced in each new expansion are cards that have unreliable effects. This ends up leading to a large chunk of cards that are not very viable for competitive play and ranked play ends up being only about 4-5 commonly seen decks with very little variation from one deck to the next. Not only that, but it is near impossible to even build a deck that counters the more commonly seen decks because they have cards that, in junction with 2 or 3 other cards, have the capability of dealing enough damage to kill you from near full health. Ultimately, the majority of constructed deck gameplay ends up being a stall until one player gets his combination of cards that kills the other player. Expand
  54. Aug 25, 2015
    Pay to win at it's finest. Unless you can a ton of cash to throw at this game. You will never get any good cards. Don't get me wrong the game is fun as hell when you play someone who has normal cards. However play someone who has bought 1000s of cards and you are going to get worked.
  55. Aug 22, 2015
    Hearthstone is hands down the best CCG ever made. I love this game.

The quality put into this game is outstanding, the art is beautiful, the animations are great, the voice overs are fabulous, the music is good, everything about the UX is spot on. Blizzard really managed to give this game the AAA treatment and feel. No other CCG come close in that aspect. A lot of people's complaints
    Hearthstone is hands down the best CCG ever made. I love this game.

A lot of people's complaints are that it's pay 2 win, but it's not. That's only a complaint for people who can't stand loosing. There's constantly pro-players who reach the highest rank with starter decks and what not in under a month. You get plenty of decks, if you play your dailies, and the brawl every week, you'll earn between 3 to 5 packs a week. Which is around 15 to 25 cards a week. The game is a CCG, so collecting the cards is fun, and if it gave out too much too soon, would get boring fast. The PvP is also well balanced, everyone should average a 50/50 win/loss rate. This is a perfect balance, and it should happen no matter your cards, because the match making is very smart.

The truth is, the game is amazing, go try it out, give it 3 to 4 weeks, and then decide if you don't like it.
  56. Aug 17, 2015
    pull your head out of your asses blizzard SMH. straight up rage quit. SMH. WoW is taking a huge **** storm too. SMH. I have been literally been playing d2 for the past month. thanks blizz
  57. Aug 17, 2015
    This game isn't p2w, but it's rather pay to compete.

You can play with basic decks (google them) and do fine. Hell, you can even win against some decks with legendaries. But you'll be limited to your cards, which (if you will not start paying for the boosters) will get pretty boring. The chance of win is based on: - deck - 80%. If you're not a pro player, you can use already made
    This game isn't p2w, but it's rather pay to compete.

The chance of win is based on:
    - deck - 80%. If you're not a pro player, you can use already made decks. You can have all epics, but if your deck isn't balanced, you're doomed.
    - rng - 10%. Matchmaking is ridiculous. As far as I know, it's based on K/D ratio - so sometimes you'll get cheap defeats, fighting people with better decks. Starting hand is also vital, but I rarely had times, when I failed just because I didn't get the cards that I needed.
    - actual skill - 10%. The gameplay is pretty simple. But at the same it's disappointing. Because both yours and opponents cards are random - you don't have to plan the game up to the end. When you're making decisions - you focus on the current situation and 2-3 steps ahead.

I liked arena - it's the most 'fair' mode of the game. You and enemy have the same chances. Despite that building deck in the arena is the most random thing in the game.

So I quit the game w/o spending a single dollar. I had some fun, but in the end it was a waste of time.
    Also, if you want to spend money, you must understand, that it doesn't guarantee anything. Even fighting bosses from adventures requires more than just basic cards.
  58. Aug 12, 2015
    The gameplay is fun, the visuals, sounds and matches are enjoyable, tavern brawl brings much needed variation and enjoyment, however, the costly aspect of the game's extremely unforgiving free vs pay model can't be overlooked.

You must pay, or you will suffer at the hands of players who did. I caved and spent over $200 on top of playing for over 500 hours, and I'm still behind the curve. Be warned!

The devs' philosophy on game balance is one of the most atrocious models I've ever seen in the history of gaming: "we won't balance anything, we'll just sell you more new cards." The lead dev, Ben Brode, stated they don't want to fix broken under or overpowered cards, but instead, just introduce new ones, obviously, to keep feeding the cash machine.

This is a solid, great game, mired horribly by it's pay model.
  59. Aug 11, 2015
    Don't be deceived by the free 2 play, if you want to win something or be good and not rage 24/7 then you have to p2w, thast way you rage 20/7, it's cool thinking how the cards interact and such but the RNG in this game it's complete nonsense to a point where no matter how good you or your deck are, it doesn't matter, it all comes down to who have the bigged $$$ Card in hand, you think youDon't be deceived by the free 2 play, if you want to win something or be good and not rage 24/7 then you have to p2w, thast way you rage 20/7, it's cool thinking how the cards interact and such but the RNG in this game it's complete nonsense to a point where no matter how good you or your deck are, it doesn't matter, it all comes down to who have the bigged $$$ Card in hand, you think you got a good deck now? Forget it next patch they will introduce a new and more OP deck, you want it?? OFC you do, then all you gotta do if you are a free player is just spend months playing to get all the cards, while the p2w pros are just gonna buy them and pwn, BUT there's more! Once u have all of them unlocked, they will release new cards! it's a never ending cicle, I give it a 2 for good waste of time when you are bored only arena is worth playing, and even then RNG is a god. Expand
  60. Aug 3, 2015
    Hearthstone, Heroes of Visa.
    If you did not start playing this game back in the beta you are going to have a very difficult time earning your cards in this game.
    Hearthstone, Heroes of Visa.
    I admit the game has it's fun, but as a new player it's very difficult to win unless you throw the buck. And the funny thing is that even throwing the buck wouldn't ensure you win, because the packs are totally random and you can easily get up to 60 packs with no legendary (that is about 60-70$). And even if you do get the legendary, it can be a horrible one. So unless you actually overflow them with $$$ you will likely not be on par with most of the active players.
    All in all this game has a spectacular, but also evil design.
  61. Jul 29, 2015
    Ok so I come from a really grand blizzard past, and I was a beta tester in hearthstone, I really love Blizzard, I love Diablo, Warcraft and Starcraft, I have always been with them since SC1, D1 and WC2, all blizzard games excelled technically in all aspects of gaming, and were top products on their time, every game had a way to improve the market around it and inspire people to do betterOk so I come from a really grand blizzard past, and I was a beta tester in hearthstone, I really love Blizzard, I love Diablo, Warcraft and Starcraft, I have always been with them since SC1, D1 and WC2, all blizzard games excelled technically in all aspects of gaming, and were top products on their time, every game had a way to improve the market around it and inspire people to do better stuff and try to be like Blizzard, but too bad that Hearthstone cam out, a gambling machine that operates on high grinds or loads of money needed, Welcome to "RNG, The Game", where your skill will never matter. This game is about 5% skill or so, and that's what pisses me off the most. If it was more "Magic The Gathering'er" and they didn't spend their resources on more luck based cards on every single expansion, if they researched and put more ways for new players to dive into the game, and improved the free to playesque capabilities of the game, maybe the game could be good, but as of now, I rate it a 3. Expand
  62. Jul 26, 2015
    This game is pathetic. At this point I am done with all Blizzard made games.
    User interface is ridiculous, I can't believe that someone will release a game with so dysfunctional interface - need countless clicks to do simple things (if you find them), useless popups show up hiding buttons, ...
    This game is pathetic. At this point I am done with all Blizzard made games.
    Also why is this game always "connected"? If I close my iPad and then restore the game 5 minutes later it says "Disconnected" and have to click a million buttons to start a game again. Why can't they just connect me?
    No customer support from the game, no control over anything - just played a guy named **** and Blizzard doesn't even care.
    Now for the gameplay - unless you spend hundreds on this game - don't even think you can be competitive. Do you know how many Epic and Legendary cards I got from opening 30 packs? You guessed - 0.
    Don't even bother starting this game, or any Blizzard game for that matter.
    And for the "Critics" that all game a positive review? - find another job as you suck at this.
  63. Jul 24, 2015
    Heartstone looks like an amazing game on the surface. But it is pay to win like no other game i have ever seen or for that matter heard of.
    You need to spend a lot of money to be able to compete with anyone. Even though the game says you are matched with a fair opponent you meet people with 5 Legendary cards played in your first pvp match.
    This is the worst game experience i have had,
    This is the worst game experience i have had, and that says a lot.
    I would recommend staying away from this game if you are not ready to throw 100+ bucks into the drain.
    Go play some indie games many of at least deserve some money.
  64. Jul 16, 2015
    I can understand the reason for low scores on this game, though I think they're a little biased towards the whole luck factor. It's a card game. Of course there's a luck factor. And yes, you have to earn your cards; sometimes you get lucky in packs, sometimes you don't. At least there's the disenchanting option. There are plenty of guides online to crafting a decent deck with starter andI can understand the reason for low scores on this game, though I think they're a little biased towards the whole luck factor. It's a card game. Of course there's a luck factor. And yes, you have to earn your cards; sometimes you get lucky in packs, sometimes you don't. At least there's the disenchanting option. There are plenty of guides online to crafting a decent deck with starter and common cards.

Overall, the game is well designed. There are a handful of flaws and inconveniences here and there, but for what it is, I'll happily crank out at least my dailies once a day. The Tavern Brawl mode is an excellent addition and basically guarantees a free card pack every few days, since the Brawl rules are often based on a preset deck for the chosen hero rather than selecting your own cards (and when they are, they're easy to cheese). There are, however, some serious balance issues that have me shaking my head. But having run some of these rather unfair card combos and lost, and conversely facing them and beating them on other occasions, it's hit or miss.

As far as balance goes, though, my biggest demerit has to be the utterly ridiculous Grim Patron, a 5-cost 3/3 minion that spawns another of itself if it survives damage. I don't knock the idea of the card--a minor tweak would make it infinitely less ridiculous. But someone at Blizzard approved this to go out the door, and they have yet to tweak it as of this writing. An utterly ridiculous card that can change the game more than most legendaries. I shake my head at anyone who uses it.

I think a lot of the negative reviews simply come from poor deck making decisions. Overall, the game's fun, whether or not you have amazing cards. Sure, it's gonna pair you up against some people with better cards and more experience than you sometimes (hell, more often than not). Roll with the punches and you'll realize this is a nice little gem Blizzard's got here.
  65. Jul 4, 2015
    The game is complete garbage. The game decides when you can win or lose. Your skill has zero do with it. You cannot play just any character to try different styles. They have had to add incentives to get people to even play.
  66. Jul 1, 2015
    Theres no doubt in my mind that this game sets you up for failure. They like to set you up against players with superior cards to instill the idea that "well if i buy cards then ill be able to compete with them". Its just one big money grab that shamelessly promotes its other games while consistently ripping you off. The fact that activision is involved raises suspicions but when you playTheres no doubt in my mind that this game sets you up for failure. They like to set you up against players with superior cards to instill the idea that "well if i buy cards then ill be able to compete with them". Its just one big money grab that shamelessly promotes its other games while consistently ripping you off. The fact that activision is involved raises suspicions but when you play and constantly get the shaft you know its a huge scam. 25 dollars to play just one of its multiple "add ons" and when youre done with that you get a legendary so 25 for a legendary. Ive gotten about 20 packs from grinding and ive only gotten one atrocious legendary. Plus look up the pros they all use the same legendaries so its not even a complex game in any right its pretty much pay us until you get 1 of these 3 legendaries then maaaaaybe you can enjoy the game but by that time itll be a huge bore anyways. I only recommend this for people who dont mind funnelling money into a below average game. Expand
  67. Jun 29, 2015
    Hearthstone may be the best game when it comes to digital card/board games, but holy **** it has the typical Pay 2 Win, and for some reason, many times Blizzard **** this up, relentlessly. But that's not the only problem in all honesty.

If you have legendaries from this or that expansion pack, you'll ****ing EASILY rape others. I cant count how many times i've got ****ed up in Casual cause some person bought an expansion pack, where he gets this card cause he accomplish this and does that. It's just no okay, it just shows how Pay 2 Win it is, and when i see these occasions, i eventually just quit.

And listen, this thing's a thing for ALL Blizzard's newly updated games (Such as WoW): Skills are not a thing, it's what you have on hand, not what your intellect is strongest at.
  68. Jun 23, 2015
    Was an addictive balanced game while played with base decks/cards. Further becomes total pay to win. Overpowered cards which can be played for nothing are here and there. If you don't invest in this game - you won't be able to stay competitive at higher ranks.
  69. Jun 19, 2015
    Well i never played any card games before. i don't really like them, but man this game is addictive. i have spent so many hours. As for the the pay to win thing some people say, yeah sure more money = better cards. but i haven't spent any and still doing good. almost got legend too. you must have patience. The one thing i'd like to mention though is how difficult the game has become forWell i never played any card games before. i don't really like them, but man this game is addictive. i have spent so many hours. As for the the pay to win thing some people say, yeah sure more money = better cards. but i haven't spent any and still doing good. almost got legend too. you must have patience. The one thing i'd like to mention though is how difficult the game has become for newcomers since the release of Naxx and GVG. I think blizzard should do something about this. Besides that, hearthstone is a great game Expand
  70. Jun 16, 2015
    no ... just no

pay to win , dumb down game play like all their other games
    free to grind , 100 match for a pack ? if you like doing that this is the game for you
  71. Jun 9, 2015
    Hearthstone is a bit like playing Backgammon against an opponent that has dice where 3 sides are jokers and he can just pick a number suiting his needs.
    There's really not much you can do from a tactical point of view to outplay someone with a better deck.
    A massive waste of time unless you are willing to throw in some coins to build your decks. While that's the business model of

While that's the business model of course, there's not much a free-to-play player can do except getting wrecked every game. Thus, the f2p model is ****
  72. Jun 8, 2015
    Greetings traveller,
    We can definitely say that hearthstone is NOT pay to win but it does help to have a larger collection of cards.
    I'm giving Hearthstone an eight for the following reasons: 1. Cross Platform gameplay, we can play hearthstone on our phones, the most commonly owned piece of tech. I do recommend to play it on a Desktop/laptop/ipad when making decks, I find it
    Greetings traveller,

I'm giving Hearthstone an eight for the following reasons:

1. Cross Platform gameplay, we can play hearthstone on our phones, the most commonly owned piece of tech. I do recommend to play it on a Desktop/laptop/ipad when making decks, I find it frustrating when making a deck on the phone.

2. Gameplay, I've been playing since October 2014, and it does help to have the ability to anticipate and analyse the opponents next move based on their recently played cards. The game is a game of Skill, sure but sometimes the game hands a "free win" to your opponent, this is probably why everyone is hating. You can just google hearthstone basic deck strategies!

3. The cards, there are a lot of cards in hearthstone, I love the Legendaries like Loatheb and Emperor Thaussiran. Loathe is a must have in any deck especially in any anti Mage decks.

Card backs are a great way to show off your progress or even Intimidate your opponent I just wish there was a way to obtain every card back.

4. Micro transactions, I have personally spent $75 on the game and it is not pay to win but more like a booster to give you a nudge in the right direction, I do love the fact that you can earn gold to unlock the Expansions, This means that it is possible to obtain two copies of every card and one of every golden without using a single penny! But you can't get all the hardbacks without paying.

5. Community, There is a massive community and daily streamers on twitch all sharing their experiences about hearthstone. There are also tournaments where you can win big bucks just for playing hearthstone.

Summary, Hearthstone is great because it has no pay to win you can still get beaten by a basic deck (I did)
    when you are using all your legendaries. Hearthstone has a great fancies where you can share strategies.
  73. Jun 4, 2015
    Absolutely ridiculous. They actually expect me, a F2P Control Hunter, to pay $10 for a cosmetic I don't have to buy in order to have a completely different hero for the Warrior class. It's insane how they're trying to milk me of my money that I never spent to begin with instead of adding features I beg for on /r/hearthstone every chance I can get! Instead of adding more deck slots (for allAbsolutely ridiculous. They actually expect me, a F2P Control Hunter, to pay $10 for a cosmetic I don't have to buy in order to have a completely different hero for the Warrior class. It's insane how they're trying to milk me of my money that I never spent to begin with instead of adding features I beg for on /r/hearthstone every chance I can get! Instead of adding more deck slots (for all my Hunter decks I cannot keep track of) and the ability to add a card back for each deck, as well as giving me 1000 free packs (classic, btw) a day just for considering the notion of their game being fun, they take the time to animate a picture, put voiceacting on it, add some particles, throw in a card back, and expect me to pay $10 for it.

It's unbelievable how greedy Blizzard has become now and I don't want to spend another dime on them anymore. It's just ridiculous.
  74. Jun 4, 2015
    Completly unbalanced game.

And this just because of Blizzard only want money from the Players. They should shame !

New players have to play against players with much bigger card pool and experience.
    Matchmaking is also very bad.

The game itself is one of the best card games i have ever seen but this doesn´t matter in front of the problems.
  75. Jun 4, 2015
    Total cashgrab, but what to expect from this insolent company anyway? They are not interested in creating good games anymore, they are interested in making pay to win s***, that will make them huge amounts of money from stupid casuals.
    This game is either grind to death to get any decent cards, or just buy them for real money. But they are not cheap, packs are random (so you can get bad cards anyway), and you need many of them. Pay to win in its most atrocious form.
    I would call it poor man's MtG, because mechanics are so simplified and casualised, but to be honest you need to be NOT poor to get a decent deck.
    I wont recommend it to anyone, better get real collectible card game, like Magic, or living card game like Game of thrones, Lotr card game, Warhammer conquest or Netrunner. You can also buy a game that is completed from the start and you dont have to buy expansion packs and boosters, like for example Mage wars.
    All these games are awesome and infinitely better than this virtual money-grabbing abomination.
    And if you want game on computer, there are still better options, for real players.
    This is just s*** for casuals.
  76. May 23, 2015
    Those who are giving negative reviews because of the feeling of being ripped off by a game that is supposed to be "free to play," read this: get over it.

Hearthstone is both "free to play" and "pay to win." Yes, it is impossible to make it to the highest level or even in the top 10 or so ranks without spending some money. And yes, you will run into competitive expensive decks in both the ladder and casual play, which will make it seem like the game is rigged.

But I currently have spent zero dollars on Hearthstone and probably win between 60-70% of my games using a budget deck that I searched for online and was able to make with a few cards I received through grinding (more on that below) about an hour a day for a couple weeks. I have MTG experience and Hearthstone game play is very similar, so I'm sure that has helped me. I constantly have the urge to buy cards and expansions, but being a "free to play" player gives me a sort of pride that makes the game even more fun (Nothing better than beating a deck that obviously took some kid a hundred dollars or so to make! with mine that I got for free!).

SOme reviewers say the RNG is rigged, I say that is some conspiracy **** Blizzard is creative and crafty but that seems ridiculous. Most of my arcane missiles and knife juggler RNG damage seems rigged in my favor, come to think of it!

Anyways, about how to grind.

I like to do the daily quest (reroll and try and get 60 gold or better) and "Play" mode to earn about 70-90 gold a day (this takes no more than an hour if I play aggro decks). I also play arena and space it out so I only allow myself one arena loss per day. If I average 3 wins per arena run (I am currently averaging closer to 4 or 5) and cash out every 3 days then the math looks something like this:
    Day One: drop 150g on Arena, make 80g with quest/grind
    Day Two: make 80g with quest/grind
    Day Three: make 80g with quest/grind, cash out approx 60g plus some dust and a pack from arena
    Equals: "profit" of 150g, some dust, and a pack every three days.

My main concern now is that some cards can only be obtained through expansions (which are really expensive goldwise) and classic packs (and I don't like buying packs).

Hope this is helpful.

The game is what you make of it. If it is fun, keep playing. If you wanna drop $25 and save hours on expansions, do it. If you are like me, and pride yourself on not spending a dime and still winning, go for it!

My goal is to get to rank 10 without spending money, and to have fun!
  77. May 18, 2015
    This game can be summed up in one word - RIGGED. Whether it is the "RNG" targeting to matchmaking, I am utterly convinced that the the coding for this game has some sort of algorithm to detect whatever criteria Blizzard has chosen and single out the players who don't meet them.

For example, if they wanted, Blizzard can totally code in in whatever programming language to detect if a player has paid X amount this month." Oh, he hasn't paid this month? In fact, he/she only paid 2.99 USD once? Who does he think he is? Nuh uh, we aren't having any of that. We're going to code it in so that in super tight situations, the opponent will draw the exact cards they need to win. Wait! What's this? He made it to rank 5 using a budget deck!? No no no no no; your winning streak ends here."

"Well, what can they possibly benefit by doing this?" you may (as many others have) ask. Let me answer your question with my own, - Who do you think is more likely to fork out more money to purchase packs/arena runs. The one who constantly loses and doesn't have all of the (especially Legendary) cards, or the one who wins often? It's simple psychology, it's addicting enough that you can't stop playing it no matter how frustrating it gets. But that (insert goal here) is just out of reach without some help. Buuuuut, if you dish out 69.99 USD for 60 packs a month or buy one (or more) of our frequently added adventure wings for 4.99 each, you too may have a chance of reaching Legend. Baloney! You expect me to pay for such a garbage game? Like I said, it's addicting so I am always tempted to put false hope into making it to legend each month and it's hard for me to abandon (hence my non-zero score). But how dare these developers expect me to pay for such a rigged piece of garbage and help to keep their antics afloat.

Oh, you needed those knives from the Knife Juggler to hit any of the 5 minions on the opposing board? Too bad, 3/4 of them are going to the face. Oh hey, full opposing board and you have a Ragnaros out. Hitting any minion will do. What happens? Face! Oh, you have a taunt minion out and you just need one good attack and you win? Nope! You opponent topdecks the ONE card they needed to get through the taunt and attack you for the win. You need any of the 4 cards to help you out of the current jam even after mulliganing? Well, they're napping at the bottom of the deck. And just to add insult to injury, EVERY TIME this happens, that card you need will be in your opening hand in the next match. Screw you and your house, Blizzard!

Matchmaking: This one has me pulling me hair out. Playing Handlock? Well, you're going to run into a ton of Hunters that'll rush you down before turn 5. Okay, switch to Priest deck that devastates face hunters. What do you get instead? Handlocks, other priests, and anything else that hard counters you. Everything except the face hunters you encountered all the time 5 minutes ago. Okay, fine, switching to a midrange hunter that work well against those ANNOYING AS HECK Flamewaker mages and Handlocks. Whoops! Back to facing face hunters that wrecks your midrange. Do you seriously mean to tell me that this is all random? How is it that every time that I switch decks, all of a sudden all I face are the decks that hard counter mine!? Huh!? This. is. NOT. RANDOM! This is RIGGED! To all of you who say things like "There are low odds of these things happening, but even low possibility is still possible. It's just bad luck on your part." I say to you to screw that noise. How come I can run into such a streak of "bad luck" of such low odds when I don't ever get "unfortunate" enough to unpack 5 different legendary cards I don't have? Huh? Why is my bad luck so selective?

I am not going to go ahead and say that I don't run into fortunate situations from time to time, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get to rank 4. I can only theorise that those people paid less than I did (which isn't much) or Blizzard was savvy enough to know to add some "good luck" so the rigging isn't as blatantly obvious.

Also, this game seems to love disconnecting me a lot. Often, it is when I am still connected to the internet. This game doesn't use much data, according to my data usage on my phone when I use the app. How is this rigged, you say? It only, ONLY happens in game where I am winning. Never, not ONCE, has this ever happened in a game that I was doing terribly at. So not only does it limit my ability to win, when I do sometimes do well, the game just pulls the plug on me.

One last point. Most of the essential cards, as of writing this review, are from the "Classic" series of card packs. But ever since they introduced the Goblins vs Gnomes packs, they have since stopped giving Classic packs as rewards, making acquiring essential class cards an atrocious ordeal especially for the newest of players. I've been playing since late open beta, so it doesn't affect me too much. But, I still need a few and it's a hassle to get them.
  78. May 17, 2015
    Отыграв 600+ игр,я смело могу сказать - игра скатилась в деньговысасывающий мусор, даже уже нету места стратегии - пулл в 30 карт и хп превратил всю стратегическую составляющую в веселый аттракцион:"Раш в лицо или задонать часть своей зарплаты на карточки".
    Вот небольшой расчет для новичка,решившего выбрать второй путь: В 2400 рублей вам выйдет два текущих дополнения дополнения - без хотя бы первых двух кварталов первого можете даже не пробовать играть,так же вам понадобятся хотя бы 60 классических паков и 40 паков что выйдет в какие-то 6000 рублей - итого 8400,неплохо для f2p игры,правда?Нет,ну конечно вы можете годик другой делать ежедневные квесты (40/60/100 золота в день) и тратить 150 золота на арену,которую одно дело научиться собирать,а другое - играть с тем что есть(читай:насасывать),а это то еще испытание.мой вам совет - не тратьте время на эту игру,в ней нет ничего сложного и требующего смекалки - любой кто умеет считать до 30 с легкостью освоит топовые деки этой игры - фейсханта и мехомага
  79. May 12, 2015
  80. May 10, 2015
    The game is quite a lot of fun but there are so many things that pull it down from being as good as it could be. I want everyone to know that this game has so much potential but it just throws it out the door with all it's flaws.

The good: It's better than other virtual card games I have played and it's free.. The lame: Most cards in this game are exactly the same and it's usually easy

The lame: Most cards in this game are exactly the same and it's usually easy to read what your opponent will do next
    The bad: This game is extremely luck based even though it's a card game it takes luck to a whole new level
    The ugly: There are multiple characters you can play as that have different abilities and some are completely obsolete while others have extreme advantages.
    The Horrid: The Arena (draft mode) is yet again VERY luck based and you get to choose a character out of 3 random choices that usually suck compared to the rest and people can get the overpowered characters already giving them a HUGE edge in the game as well as getting God-like cards that make your deck completely useless. This is very very sad because it's beyond better than draft mode in Magic the gathering, etc. but you have to pay real money or in-game points to play and then just get completely screwed over with a crap character and crap cards. (the character choice being the worst)
    The Worst: Completely Pay to win
  81. Apr 24, 2015
    Hearthstone is fun. Unquestionably the best free game I have ever played on a cellphone. I have been playing for a few days now and I haven't encountered anything that I've really hated yet, in terms of balancing issues. And I haven't paid for a single thing.

I played a little Magic (my friends always kicked my ass through the wall), but Hearthstone -- which lacks some of the complexity and therefore fun of Magic -- is definitely friendlier to new players. Unlike Magic, you build your decks to a character class instead of a land type, which is actually a great twist. (I miss accounting for land in my deck builds though -- it's a little simple this way). Playing a rogue feels rogue-y, thanks to the special, class specific cards and abilities you have, like backstab and a card called "run" which lets you draw 7 (!) cards at once which can absolutely change the end of a match. Mages can do ridiculous nuke damage. Priests get crazy heals. It will probably feel familiar to World of Warcraft players. And -- this is a particular stroke of genius on Blizzard's part -- these class specific cards are easily some of the most powerful cards in the game.

Using only the starting decks, I've won about 60%+ of my games, and even though the game requires that you win 30 matches (you get 10 coins every three matches you win) to be able to buy a pack of five cards using in game money, there are three things that really make this okay: 1.) You can earn 10 starter packs of five cards each (with at least one rare card of better than average attributes) just by playing all the classes in the game until you get all their starter cards and beating all the computer opponents and playing online -- where you don't even have to win to get the cards 2.) there are daily challenges that only take a couple of games sometimes if you can win and will net you at least 40 gold 3.) The Arena.

(I've only gotten a few of the booster packs, too, since I was just having fun. And I still win a lot -- you have to remember though, a lot of this game is luck. It's like playing poker or something, in addition to understanding how the cards work together and when to play what. Needless to say, it's a ridiculously good game to play every day.)

The arena is -- for a free game, again -- absolutely nuts. It's so f'ng brilliant because what it does is it gives everyone access to the entire breadth of the games possible cards and therefore complexity and depth of gameplay while only requiring 150 gold (again, a booster pack costs 100 gold, or 30 matches won, and the arena is free the first time, too.) Everybody enters the arena under the same conditions: choose from one of three random classes -- so, not really for casual players, since there are 10 classes and they all do play very differently, when you play to their strengths -- then choose 30 cards by choosing one each from randomly presented sets of 3 cards. Then fight and win as many matches as you can before getting a reward based on how far you got.

You also get three lives, and you don't have to decide to "cash out" or play another hand and risk losing your rewards, which is nice. You just get as far as you can.

I only won one hand in the arena, but the game still gave me a booster pack and 40 gold. (I don't know how frequently you get booster packs this way though, it looked like the prizes are random too.) So it's worth playing and you won't feel like you're getting crushed by "pay to win" players. If you're decent at hearthstone, you can get a lot of play out of it without really paying anything.

Which is why it's a great game. You can either spend money, or you can play better. But I often win against people with plenty of rare cards, and I've only been playing a few days and don't have anything special. You can even do fine with Blizzard's pre-built decks (just make sure to finish winning against the computer or other players to get all of a class's special cards like the ones I mentioned earlier). And building decks is enjoyable.

It would be fun to have rare cards, but it doesn't stop me from having fun -- or winning. Which is how it should be. Good job Blizzard...

9/10 free to play cellphone game
    8/10 overall game, due to some needed complexity.

Also, uh, good job Wizards of the Coast. Haha.
  82. Apr 21, 2015
    Yeah, it's severely luck based, very much pay to win, and lacking in strategic value. But for casual gamers it's a nice time waster. Though if you're planning to get far ahead without months of grinding for cards, you're just fooling yourself. As with any P2W title, the game will give you enough line to get you hooked before it starts punishing you by pairing you up with paying customersYeah, it's severely luck based, very much pay to win, and lacking in strategic value. But for casual gamers it's a nice time waster. Though if you're planning to get far ahead without months of grinding for cards, you're just fooling yourself. As with any P2W title, the game will give you enough line to get you hooked before it starts punishing you by pairing you up with paying customers while whoring itself every step of the way. And to be frank, there's no logic in paying for cards either, unless the decks sold come with luck attached. Expand
  83. Apr 11, 2015
    Welcome to conglomeration, and consolidation. Blizzard owns the PC game market. Type in Hearthstone and META is the first site to pop up. 40 something positive reviews for the critics and not a single mixed or negative review, this is the story throughout earth. Every radio station plays the same songs,every news station reports the same story, etc, etc, etc. That being said, its just aWelcome to conglomeration, and consolidation. Blizzard owns the PC game market. Type in Hearthstone and META is the first site to pop up. 40 something positive reviews for the critics and not a single mixed or negative review, this is the story throughout earth. Every radio station plays the same songs,every news station reports the same story, etc, etc, etc. That being said, its just a computer program which is inherently random, someone who is butt hurt is much more likely to post than someone who isn't, and companies pay for positive reviews....who knows how many are real. That being said, throw some virtual cards down, with a beer, and it's not so bad. Expand
  84. Apr 7, 2015
    Users only give it good reviews because they have spend tons of money on their cards and can't admit they were ripped off.
    Critics give good reviews because Blizzard PAYS them tons of money for good reviews.
    This game is not for casual players at all. As a new player you will find yourself first grinding for a day or two VS the AI just to be able to get a playable deck and the measly 7
    This game is not for casual players at all.
    As a new player you will find yourself first grinding for a day or two VS the AI just to be able to get a playable deck and the measly 7 boosters.
    You will then find yourself with only two options casual or ranked, BOTH are EXACTLY the same, people in ranked and casual play the EXACT SAME DECKS, so you will find that no matter what you try you will hit a wall of net deckers and realize the ONLY way to do anything is to PAY up the nose.
    You will also find the range of cards to be very very bad, I have not seen a card game with such bad range, even the indie apps have a MUCH MUCH better range than this game.
    You will find that you are not playing Vs. another player or their deck, you are playing against the range and the game itself.
    When you are beaten you are not beaten by the other player, but by the horrible range.
    This game would be SOOOO much better if they fixed range and added more play styles.
    The boosters themselves are way too expensive for the amount you get as well.
    This is a 100% money grab game given to you by the merger of activision, because of activision blizzard is now a low quality developer who will be trying to line the pockets of activision CEO's instead of making decent games.
  85. Apr 4, 2015
    At a first glance, a superior CCG, as it succeeds in combining very simple game mechanics with a lot of charme, attractive and really different classes, permanent updates and a solid amount of depth, as no other game does.

After the first euphoria, however, it gets clear that the game suffers from a lot of downsides as well: Players are pushed to spend money, and therefore, average

Players are pushed to spend money, and therefore, average opponents have very strong cards, against which it is hard to compete, even on the lower levels and unranked play.
    Be prepared for LOTS of frustration and unfairness, if you choose to play this game for free, or anything below, at the very least, 100 Dollar.

Additionaly, randomness plays a bigger role in this game that it should. Too often are games decided by certain, game-breaking cards, lucky or unlucky draws or uncontrollable effects (f.e cards that deals x to y damage to all enemies, cards that attack a random character...).

Then, the small card-pool leaves very little room for individualism, which has lead to a pool of "standard-decks", that you will find over and over, and that players with ambitions will need to use to reach higher ranks.

And finally, the balance is suboptimal.
    First of all, does the second player get a significant advantage: not only does he get to choose between four starting cards instead of three, he also gets a card, that costs 0, grants one mana and counts as a spell!
    And then, no matter how good you play and how well your deck is prepared:
    If you are unlucky enough to face certain, usually legendary cards and are not in the position to deal with them immediately or finish the game within the next round, you will most likely lose.
    Examples would be Archmage Antonidas, which creates a fireball (costs 4, deals 6 damage) in the players hand for each spell he casts, inclusing those generated fireballs, or Echoing Ooze, which costs 2 and creates a duplicate of itself, including all buffs, at the end of the turn.

Those downsides dont make Hearthstone a bad game on their own, as the game has to offer a lot as well. But only for those, that are in the comfortable position to build a deck thats strong enough to compete with every class and level...

Finalizing, this could have been the best CCG of all time. In its very core, there really is an outstanding game. And if you get to the point where you can build yourself a high-end deck you really like, and only then, immense fun, extreme challenging gameplay and endless amounts of replayablity await.
    Thats also the point, where farming stops feeling like a neverending journey of stress and suffering, and begins to feel rewarding. You will get to love to get awarded, and to increase your collection, just by playing.

Until you reach that point of comfort, however, you will learn to hate this game from the deepness of your heart. Playing will feel like work, progresses will hardly be noteable, you will get stuck in ranked play fast and other players will trample over you with their high-budget decks.

Ive gone through both phases and talk by experience.

So, do i recommend Hearthstone?
    If you dont plan to buy yourself into the game, this game doesnt have much good to offer, will annoy you much more than it will reward and i seriously recommend to skip Hearthstone and every other F2P or P2P competetor and play a CCG with no or little P2W aspects.
    If you like CCGs and are in the position and willing to spend a good amount of money into this game, this game is definitely worth it, will offer a good cost-benefit ratio and will reward you with a well amount of pleasure...
  86. Mar 31, 2015
    I swear all of these people who are calling this pay to win obviously haven't played more than a couple ranked games. Of course you aren't going to know the strategies, or what cards to play (which are good or bad) when you start. I remember thinking certain cards were OP until realizing they were trash. This game has an amazing community, with several streamers and tutorials. If youI swear all of these people who are calling this pay to win obviously haven't played more than a couple ranked games. Of course you aren't going to know the strategies, or what cards to play (which are good or bad) when you start. I remember thinking certain cards were OP until realizing they were trash. This game has an amazing community, with several streamers and tutorials. If you give this game a chance you will realize its not a game about endless grinding or paying to win. Expand
  87. Mar 30, 2015
    So for something that had great potential this game fails miserably. if you do not spend tons of real money for decent cards you have no real chance to get anywhere as if you lose you get zero progress to anything and you cannot get new and/or better cards without winning or wasting money buying them it is my opinion that this is a complete waste of time, addicting yes but totallySo for something that had great potential this game fails miserably. if you do not spend tons of real money for decent cards you have no real chance to get anywhere as if you lose you get zero progress to anything and you cannot get new and/or better cards without winning or wasting money buying them it is my opinion that this is a complete waste of time, addicting yes but totally frustrating if you actually wat to progress and maybe start winning once regularly...give this one a pass.... Expand
  88. Mar 25, 2015
    It has all been said before, but I still want to add my voice.

There is a strong Pay-to-Win aspect to the game. Some rare cards are simply overpowered. Also chance plays a MUCH too great role in all the parts of the game: drawing cards, the effects of many cards are randomized, luck determines what new cards you get... . These are essentially 2 factors that determine the outcome of
    It has all been said before, but I still want to add my voice.

These are essentially 2 factors that determine the outcome of any given match: chance, and how much you have spent for card-packs. The result is a win-ratio of about 50% against comparable decks (in terms of invested money, or to a much lesser degree time). The optimal next move is pretty much given at all times, only determined by, you guessed it, the luck of the draw.
    Against decks that are "boosted by cash" however, those chances dwindle.

I have played this game for over two months, it is addictive, but the game mechanics are just not good.
    It throws you enough bones to keep you going, but the outcome barely ever up to you, except for the money-thing that is.
  89. Mar 24, 2015
    The most blatantly pay2win game I have ever played. That alone however would not make this game so bad.

The presentation and the actual game interface is actually the best out there. The problem is in the design. While you learn this game, it is a lot of fun. However after that you realize, that you will have to pay a lot of real money or grind for several months to be able to compete

While you learn this game, it is a lot of fun. However after that you realize, that you will have to pay a lot of real money or grind for several months to be able to compete even at mid ranks. Even that would be acceptable, but unfortunately there is way too many overpowered cards that will turn a game that you were winning into a game where you lose suddenly and badly.

There are area of effect cards that will negate any kind of advantage you had. There are cards that will reset the health of the heroes. There are cards that will steal your most powerful minion. There are cards that will turn a lowly bad card into an invincible monster.

After a month of play you will realize that this game is only about luck and overpowered cards. To make matters worse, there are only 2 ways to play this competitively.
    Arena is a luckfest where you are offered a set of cards and must create a deck. Half the time you are offered really bad cards. It is all about who gets the better cards when making the deck.
    The other mode of play is ranked play. Here, the ranks are reset each month, so every month players with several legendaries are mixed with total newbies and mid-range players. Totally unfair. There are so few ranks, that it is impossible to tell apart a rank 20 game from a rank 10 game. Many people on rank 20 have insanely powerful decks. You just cannot compete or feel good about your "skill".

Yes, there is also casual mode, where you can feel good beating up total beginners, but you may also face the insanely powerful pay2win decks in casual too.

The skill ceiling in this game unfortunately is in the basement. It is all luck and expensive cards that determine the outcome.

AVOID.
  90. Mar 23, 2015
    Играть в Hearthstone все равно что играть в покер, практически никакой тактики и планирования. Успешность вашей игры зависит по большей части от того какие карты вам выдадут. Собрать более менее вменяемую колоду нельзя, поскольку вы даже не знаете против какого героя вам придется играть, и какие карты вам выдаст игра на первом ходе тоже неизвестно. Игра как назло может ход за ходом вИграть в Hearthstone все равно что играть в покер, практически никакой тактики и планирования. Успешность вашей игры зависит по большей части от того какие карты вам выдадут. Собрать более менее вменяемую колоду нельзя, поскольку вы даже не знаете против какого героя вам придется играть, и какие карты вам выдаст игра на первом ходе тоже неизвестно. Игра как назло может ход за ходом в начале игры выдавать совершенно бесполезна карты, которые могли бы пригодится на последних ходах. Так же стоить отметить необходимость вкладывать деньги для нормальной игры. Система подбора противника совершенно не учитывает содержание колоды игроков, так игра спокойно может поставить против новичка, у которого нет ни одной легендарной карты человек с 3-4 легендарными существами, что дает ощутимое преимущество в игре тем, кто играет давно, либо вложил свою наличность. И людей с кучей эпических существ довольно много, несмотря на завышенную стоимость игрового контента. Поэтому начинать играть в нее людям, которые не планирует делать больших вложений в игру не стоит, потратите больше нервов, чем получите удовольствия от игры. Даже несмотря на то что весь контент в игре можно покупать за игровую валюту, насобирать на него не так то и просто. Так если вам упала из комплекта совершенно бесполезная эпическая карта, как не странно они существуют, несмотря на свою высокую стоимость, то единственный выход ее разобрать, тут то и есть вся загвоздка, что бы собрать любую другую карту эпического качества нужно потратить 400ед. ресурсов, в то время как за продажу ненужной вам карты дадут всего 100. А учитывая что эпические карты из комплектов падают крайне редко, то насобирать хотя бы на 1 нужную вам крайне сложно. Expand
  91. Mar 21, 2015
    This game is just annoying. If you really want to play a Pay-to-win, luck-based card game, just give me $20 and I'll let you beat me in poker.

If you spend one single cent on hearthstone, you're a fool.
  92. Mar 15, 2015
    positives:
    *Its fun to make new and creative decks
    *The arena is great fun Negatives: -Multiple balance issues especially concerning the warlock -slight pay to win elements (3 wins for 10 gold? SERIOUSLY? ) -Legendary cards are too rare and too powerful -The meta rules the game,if your not playing a certain deck on ladder, your screwed, eliminating my first positive point. Overall,
    positives:
    *Its fun to make new and creative decks
    *The arena is great fun
    Negatives:
    -Multiple balance issues especially concerning the warlock
    -slight pay to win elements (3 wins for 10 gold? SERIOUSLY? )
    -Legendary cards are too rare and too powerful
    Overall, its fun, but not with other people (unfortunate as that's the only way to get gold) and the balance issues and meta out weigh the positives.
  93. Feb 28, 2015
    This game is pay2win at it's finest. If you start to play the game you get matched with new players like you. But shortly after you will get matched with everyone and winning becomes nearly impossible. I am a decent online player and my winrate is probably something like 20-30% because you get destroyed by players with OP cards
  94. Feb 25, 2015
    I've been playing Hearthstone for almost a year and a half now, with almost the same passion I had for it when I first started playing the beta. The game has continued to stay fresh, with the additions of new cards and expansions that have added more to the experience. The added ability to be mobile with it on an iPad has provided levity to the boring parts of my life like sitting at theI've been playing Hearthstone for almost a year and a half now, with almost the same passion I had for it when I first started playing the beta. The game has continued to stay fresh, with the additions of new cards and expansions that have added more to the experience. The added ability to be mobile with it on an iPad has provided levity to the boring parts of my life like sitting at the airport waiting for a delayed flight, or using the bathroom! (yeah, i went there)

Reading through some of the user reviews, I don't really understand the negativity towards the in-game purchases for this game. I look at this game with the same eyes i used to play Magic: The gathering with. Growing up i was never able to play Magic for free and to be able to play this game for free is AMAZING. Kicking down money into something I enjoy not only helps my decks but it helps the developers that made the game. I don't see a problem with that. In fact I think it's a great model for a game like this. Growing up I spent hundreds on booster packs for magic without the ability to work towards "free packs." On Hearthstone I can, and that's infinity better for my wallet :)

Hearthstone is a great game. It's provided me with countless hours of fun, and it's worth every penny I've put into it since beta (which includes another $20 I just put into it last night). It's crazy to me that a game this polished, and this well rounded could be given away for FREE and still have to deal with unwarranted negativity.

Congrats to Blizzard. They make good games, Hearthstone is by far my favorite.
  95. Feb 22, 2015
    This is Blizzard's first dabble in the free-to-play, pay-to-win concept. It's fun at first playing the computer AI, and the initial online matches. However, it quickly takes a turn downhill as you start playing people who have lots of powerful cards. I had fun for the first couple of hours, but the last few matches I played weren't even close. The rate that you accumulate the in-gameThis is Blizzard's first dabble in the free-to-play, pay-to-win concept. It's fun at first playing the computer AI, and the initial online matches. However, it quickly takes a turn downhill as you start playing people who have lots of powerful cards. I had fun for the first couple of hours, but the last few matches I played weren't even close. The rate that you accumulate the in-game currency is way to slow to make the slog through overpowered opponents worth it. So what do you do? Just pay a little bit of real money to speed up the process. No, thanks. The game isn't that fun. It's pretty simple, and the strategy is clear: play more powerful cards than your opponent and you will win. That's it. Oh well, it gave me a few hours of free entertainment. Expand
  96. Feb 18, 2015
    I've never loved collectible card games, but I've always dabbled with them. My frustration with Magic: The Gathering was always the cost and the way that matches could drag on interminably. Hearthstone addresses both of those issues very well.

It is an easy game to learn and play, with enough randomness to keep the matches from feeling too one-sided. It takes longer than I'd like to unlock new cards if one isn't spending money on the game, and there's no mechanism for trading cards with other players.

My favorite thing about the game is that is gives the a new "quest" every day (up to 3 simultaneously), which sets an arbitrary goal of some kind (winning matches with a particular class, playing a set number of expensive cards, etc.) and provides a reward for completing it. This encourages occasional play, and the player has the option to scrap a quest and free up a slot for a new one if they get one they don't like. I really enjoy having little goals and markers for when I might want to stop playing.
  97. Feb 16, 2015
    How to get cards: 1.5€ for 5 or you can just play and get like 5 everyday, the problem is that everybody pays, and if you are upper than range 20 (25 is the minimum) you will find loads of people with cards that are just BETTER than yours.
    RNG: the amount of RNG in this game is just ridiculous. I know that is a card game but 50% of the game is RNG, 45% your deck (what will probably be a clone of a pro deck and that will depend of how much have you spend). That means that all the "skill" that this game has is not doing missplays and knowing what cards the opposite deck will have (quite easy since there are only like 10-20 decks that EVERYBODY plays).

So at the end is just a candy crush stile game, but harder to play if you are not paying.
  98. Feb 16, 2015
    Very hostile game to the newcomers. Random is set this way you get absolutely unplayable hands 2 times of 3, which makes it senseless to waste time on it. You are supposed to play not for any goal, but only for loving ingame mechanics for first couple of month. And that is impossible cause the game itself simply annoying. Total waste of good idea by Blizzard as usual. Company becameVery hostile game to the newcomers. Random is set this way you get absolutely unplayable hands 2 times of 3, which makes it senseless to waste time on it. You are supposed to play not for any goal, but only for loving ingame mechanics for first couple of month. And that is impossible cause the game itself simply annoying. Total waste of good idea by Blizzard as usual. Company became infamous for its bad customers treatment. Expand
  99. Feb 16, 2015
    Do you want to know how this game best works and how to succeed? Here is an explanation in its simplest form:

1. Buy a metric **** of decks (grinding is not worth it as it will take you ages) 2. After you have almost entirely bought a lot of strong cards, carbon copy the most successful decks (as about 90% of people do already anyway) There you go, that is primarily the game in a

There you go, that is primarily the game in a nutshell at the competitive and productive level.

Want to be creative?
    You will lose 90% of your games and make no progress when even winning gives you the equivalent gold of a lump of coal, so you need to win a LOT to have enough "coal" aka gold of value for anything (think an entire coal mining enterprise for a deck would be about right).

Want to not buy a **** of decks?
    Even if you carbon copy the best freebie decks, you will still lose a lot of the time to other people who carbon copied the other best decks, but also have better cards then you, and keep in mind you are just copying a deck like tons of other players, why not just have a bot play the game for you. I mean honestly what the **** is the point?

So are you prepared to lose a lot since you didn't buy cards then? Are you prepared to lose a lot since you didn't completely copy a competitive deck then? Unless you are insane of course not.

Hearthstone in a nutshell. Give Blizzard your monies kids!
  100. Feb 14, 2015
    For those that think a "pay-to-win" system is okay because of in-game gold, think again. The rate that you accumulate gold is SO incredibly slow, that it'd take you forever to gather as many cards as some moron who just threw $300 at it in five minutes. Save your money for a game worth playing. This game is really unbalanced, and totally about luck.

There are also bugs on the Mac

There are also bugs on the Mac version, which have existed since beta. Maybe if they spent more time balancing the game and fixing bugs, and less time designing legendary cards to sell, they'd have a good game.
  101. Mar 12, 2014
    Hearthstone is casual at first glance but I am unsurprisingly terrible at it, as it has depth that isn't that noticeable at first. It is extremely fun though, even losing is enjoyable to me and I can't wait for Blizzard to start expanding upon the game.

For what it is now, I give it a 10/10 for being a well balanced and extremely fun game with enough depth to last for quite a while.

1. Jul 6, 2014
    When Blizzard announced they were making a digital CCG, we all expected it to look and sound beautiful, and there was little doubt that it would be well-balanced, but I don’t think anyone anticipated this level of sophistication and subtle brilliance.
  2. CD-Action
    Jun 28, 2014
    Simple rules, high production values, low system requirements and huge tactical freedom make Hearthstone one of the best card games available. And if you take into account the free-to-play model – it’s the best one. [05/2014, p.62]
  3. Jun 7, 2014
    A fine example of a great free-to-play game. Hearthstone is not only an addictive and well designed card game, but absolutely fair with gamers that do not wish to spend money on it.