6.7

1. J.Roudabush
    Dec 9, 2005
    This is the absolute worst flight sim I have ever played. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. If you want to really fly, try any of the sturmovik series (forgotten battles, pacific fighter). You will be so dissapointed that ubi has put out a game that has so many problems and you will feel like your flying in an imaginary cartoon plane. This game absolutely sucks. It is the This is the absolute worst flight sim I have ever played. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. If you want to really fly, try any of the sturmovik series (forgotten battles, pacific fighter). You will be so dissapointed that ubi has put out a game that has so many problems and you will feel like your flying in an imaginary cartoon plane. This game absolutely sucks. It is the worst game I have ever played and I want my money back! Don't make the same mistake I made and think that the box is pretty. You will be totally dissapointed. Collapse
  2. AdamB.
    Aug 13, 2007
    A game with identity issues (among others). Does it want to be an arcade game where you destroy well over 100 aircraft in some missions, have unlimited ammo for each weapon, do a circus act to land rather than actually putting the plane on the ground, and repeatedly play bumper cars in mid-air? Or does it want to be realistic with slower controls mixed with heavy doses of inertia? A game with identity issues (among others). Does it want to be an arcade game where you destroy well over 100 aircraft in some missions, have unlimited ammo for each weapon, do a circus act to land rather than actually putting the plane on the ground, and repeatedly play bumper cars in mid-air? Or does it want to be realistic with slower controls mixed with heavy doses of inertia? Unfortunately, it wants to do both, and mashes the furthest extremes of both camps into one mess. Beyond the suspect flight model, there are: a targeting reticule that allows me to get kills much more consistently when it's NOT lit up; frustrating missions (on Ace without using superplanes); major scripting hiccups, causing multiple repeats on missions where you accomplish all objectives and still fail, laser-like accuracy of enemy weapons on the highest skill levels (beyond any point of fun), poorly detailed environments and object models, limited combat environments (especially in the vertical), ridiculous voice acting, and, other than the fantastic menu scores, terrible music. Unless you don't have access to a computer so you can play the superb IL-2, or, for the arcade-oriented, the blast-friendly Secret Weapons Over Normandy, stay far, far away. Expand
  3. ScottH.
    Dec 25, 2005
    Has this game been ported from the Xbox to the PC?! The Graphics rock, but the gameplay SUCKS. A BIG WASTE of $40 The plane is very difficult to control. Nothing like any fighter sim I've ever played, and not in a good way!
  4. NormB
    Dec 14, 2009
    Tried every thing but heroes would not connect to my PC logtech controller. No reply from help desk. Put it in the bin.

1. I'm not one for flight sims, but Heroes of the Pacific has given me a reason to enjoy the genre. [Sept 2005, p.57]
  2. Some of the bombing runs in the solo campaign can prove quite arduous, but the dazzling pyrotechnics and adrenaline rush of flying your P38 Lightning through anti-aircraft fire make it easy to press the restart button if you fail your objectives.
  3. If intense dogfights and Yankie banter sound appealing then Heroes of the Pacific is for you; sadly the repetitive gameplay is a major deciding for everybody else.