8.2

1. Mar 31, 2015
    This is the classic. They managed to retain the obscure feeling from the first one, yet delivered a more polished product. Hitman 2 may have the best implementation of guns I've ever seen in pc gaming. Firearms feel very powerfull and are very effective. At the same time they can completely blow your cover and bring down a bunch of enemies on your tail. This keeps the shooting fresh andThis is the classic. They managed to retain the obscure feeling from the first one, yet delivered a more polished product. Hitman 2 may have the best implementation of guns I've ever seen in pc gaming. Firearms feel very powerfull and are very effective. At the same time they can completely blow your cover and bring down a bunch of enemies on your tail. This keeps the shooting fresh and meaningfull. The level design is way superior to that in the first one. In 2002 the sound and graphics were unbelievable, but they're so stylish they still hold up. Gameplay wise, it's a bit less difficult than the original. Which is good because Hitman: codename 47 was at times almost impossible. It's still a thinking man's shooter. You have the choice between stealth, gunplay or the middle way, although stealth is encouraged. Sometimes you start out very carefully untill the game surprises you and you have to improvise or shoot your way out to survive. Those moments make the game stand out. The final mission "Redemption at Gontranno" is one of the best endgame levels I've ever experienced. Really, really good! 9.2/10. Expand
  2. Mar 17, 2015
    I find it difficult to review this game. When I started playing it I got caught from the very beginning by the attention to details on almost everything. Some settings (mostly in Russia and Japan) are imprinted in my mind as realistic and gorgeous they were.

Game plot is really nice and intriguing, guards AI feels far, far more human than the first entry of the series and sniping is not easy anymore because now you have breath simulation while aiming.
    Sadly they enabled (with certain limits) in-mission savegames but I strongly suggest you not to use them, reloading a savegame just ruins the atmosphere.

Game graphic is top notch for a 2002 game, music is extremely good too (not to mention that is also 100% fitting).

Just to let you realize how good this game is, when I completed the last mission I felt sad because it was finished and I wanted more, and more... strongly suggested to anyone, a must have.
  3. Mar 4, 2015
    Silent Assassin in many ways improved upon Codename 47. The missions are action packed and very enjoyable, even though the graphics look a bit dated. The plot could have done with a bit more story, as I thought that the whole thing with finding Vittorio was rushed because none of the other missions apart from the final one had anything to do with Vittorio.
    But I can't stop praising this
    But I can't stop praising this game as it is one of my favourites, the best missions being the ones in Russia, St Petersburg
  4. Jan 29, 2015
    The atmosphere in this game is phenomenal.It gives you dark mood and it makes you feel like an ultimate assassin.Music is AMAZING in this game and it's one of things why this it's legendary.I definitely suggest this game!
  5. Sep 3, 2014
    Huge let-down for me and a visible step back from the first Hitman. Don't really understand the high scores as it was basically the same thing as the first Hitman all over again, except worse. Locations not so exotic, missions not so varied, all the ideas repeated, but the biggest flaw of all - you could save, so all the tension and atmosphere was gone. That was a really bad designHuge let-down for me and a visible step back from the first Hitman. Don't really understand the high scores as it was basically the same thing as the first Hitman all over again, except worse. Locations not so exotic, missions not so varied, all the ideas repeated, but the biggest flaw of all - you could save, so all the tension and atmosphere was gone. That was a really bad design decision for the series. Still a decent game, but after the first fantastic Hitman, I remember to this day the weight of my disappointment. 5/10 Expand
  6. Aug 23, 2014
    Wondering what was the fuss about this legendary stealth title, I bought the entire Hitman series on Steam. I didnt have high expectations for the older hitman games, but the first game was utterly unplayable. I could not get past the logic of a 'disguise' being a civilians brown suit, but in 47's default black suit, everyone knows he is the enemy. Well ok, it was a really old game, so iWondering what was the fuss about this legendary stealth title, I bought the entire Hitman series on Steam. I didnt have high expectations for the older hitman games, but the first game was utterly unplayable. I could not get past the logic of a 'disguise' being a civilians brown suit, but in 47's default black suit, everyone knows he is the enemy. Well ok, it was a really old game, so i can forgive that.

But this 2nd game, Silent Assassin, really test my patience. Firstly, Agent 47 moves at snail speed in stealth mode, making him unable to sneak up on anything other than a statue. Also, it makes the game x100 times longer, through trial and error, because you wont know what you can't sneak up on. Even if you initially could perform a sneak kill on your target, well, situations may change after 30 seconds, because you move slower than your target, who is walking at usain bolt speed in comparison. If you so much as walk or run, 47's stylish but unpractical leather shoes is bound to give away your presence due to its loud footsteps. I have found going in guns blazing to be the best option in almost every mission.

For a legendary assassin, Agent 47's movements sure are limited. His big, bulky frame makes him unable to get past any barricade higher than knee level, and he somehow is unable to jump. Now, I am not hating on any game without a jump mechanic, but at least allowing a person to climb or vault low barricades isnt an unreasonable expectation, what more when said person is an elite assassin. I always picture the legendary 47 being completely surrounded by knee-high barricades, and being stuck there due to game mechanics. An accomplished assassin, being stopped by low barricades, I just cannot get my head around it.

Also, the many game-breaking bugs frustrated me to no end. I can walk past guards while wearing a disguise no problem, then all of a sudden they start firing on me. In one of the missions, I was only armed with a sniper. And it cannot kill anything. I would shoot, shoot and shoot my target, but it will not register. I am fairly sure I did not miss, because I tried aggroing him to my face, then fire at him, but he still will not die.
  7. Mar 31, 2014
    Hitman 2 is arguably the best stealth game that has ever released, forget the big titles such as MGS or anything like that. I'm not going to say much about the graphics as they are dated now. Although, they were remarkable when this game first released. I'll add that the foliage physics are now absent from this iteration that were previously found in Hitman: Codename 47. I also like howHitman 2 is arguably the best stealth game that has ever released, forget the big titles such as MGS or anything like that. I'm not going to say much about the graphics as they are dated now. Although, they were remarkable when this game first released. I'll add that the foliage physics are now absent from this iteration that were previously found in Hitman: Codename 47. I also like how ballistics work in the game, it's unique. The level design, for it's time, is phenomenal. Such is the case with the storyline. It kept me immersed throughout my playthrough. The environments are enormous this time. And they're filled with NPCs, that may be civilians or enemies, so you won't get bored just wandering around.

The animations, however, are a bit clunky. But, again, taking into account its release date, it seems fair. Besides, it's nothing that would keep you from stop playing. I really, really loved sniping in the game. Some may say that the game is "hard". But that's just casuals whining how they can't move the mouse properly. The game's difficulty is realistic when played at expert, the AI becomes even more clever. At professional difficulty the game becomes frustratingly hard, you'd have to be a pro to achieve a silent assassin rating in that! Also the **** that say the voice acting is bad don't know what voice acting really is. David Bateson's voice is **** incredible, even more than Chris Formage's from GTA SA.
    Overall the game is a must-buy for all you stealth lovers.
  8. ERB
    Nov 15, 2013
    This game improves upon the original.The world of Hitman is big,the game play in this game is awesome,the storyline in this game is chillin,and the graphics are just so good.This game is great.
  9. Nov 6, 2013
    The first Hitman game was kinda dull and the maps lacked creativity.Hitman 2 was a big surprise though.Instead of just killing for money the game has a great story.The maps are realistic and the use of textures is splendid.On top of that you got some awesome music that fits to the game.The AI has improved as well,it was a big problem in the first Hitman game.
  10. Oct 26, 2013
    Hitman 2 silent assassin is the best entry in the series so far, and the most sold one. Increasing difficulty and pressure on stealth, the game actually brings up challenges, not only to assassinate the target, but to enter and escape the area undetected is a key feature that makes this game stand tall on its own accord. The game offers a variety of weapons like its predecessor, and takesHitman 2 silent assassin is the best entry in the series so far, and the most sold one. Increasing difficulty and pressure on stealth, the game actually brings up challenges, not only to assassinate the target, but to enter and escape the area undetected is a key feature that makes this game stand tall on its own accord. The game offers a variety of weapons like its predecessor, and takes you through an amazing storyline spread along 21 missions. For me, this game beats all records of stealth games so far. Expand
  11. Jul 16, 2013
    this one is so much better than the previous one a solid game with good sounds not bad graphics and not bad game play the story isn't that much good but it has a good ending it keeps the difficulty of the game presence although it might be a bit frustrating a solid game
  12. Mar 3, 2013
    This is the first hitman game I have ever played. It was in 2006, more than 3 years after it has been released, I still got very addicted. Later, I play every hitman games, and even pre-purchased absolution, and I must say that "hitman 2: Silent Assassin" is the most revolutionary, the most intense, deepest, and thus the most successful game of the series. It corrects most of the mistakesThis is the first hitman game I have ever played. It was in 2006, more than 3 years after it has been released, I still got very addicted. Later, I play every hitman games, and even pre-purchased absolution, and I must say that "hitman 2: Silent Assassin" is the most revolutionary, the most intense, deepest, and thus the most successful game of the series. It corrects most of the mistakes that the first hitman "codename 47" has, and adds a lot of successful features such as the diversity approach to complete the mission, the alert system that enalbes the enemy to notice you even after you change your cloth(in hitman: codename 47 as long as you change the cloth, you wouldn't be noticed by enemy), and these features shine through hitman 3 "contracts" and 4 "blood money". Therefore, this game is also the foundation of successful the sequels, especially blood money. Plus, the visual effect is amazing back in 2002, and the music delivers more richer atmosphere to the game that it really makes the play get into the game, get into the world of 47. Unfortunately, absolution somehow throws out some very essential features. I hope IO and its new parent company Square Enix would fix it and combine the best of old hitman(1-4) and absolution to make the 6th hitman game much better! Collapse
  13. Feb 15, 2013
    God awful voice acting, terrible gameplay, no clear direction on where to go to avoid getting killed every which way you turn, and impossible gameplay makes this game one of the worst I've ever played. Quit without even being able to get anywhere in the first level. Glad I barely paid anything for it. I will never play a Hitman game again.
  14. Jan 29, 2013
    Huge number of missions, with a great variety in locations and a decent story holding it together combined with very well-designed levels will challenge anyone. The satisfaction in this game comes from thinking out ways to approach each mission like a real assassin. You can just shoot everyone, but the whole point of a stealth game is to be as sneaky as possible. And when your planHuge number of missions, with a great variety in locations and a decent story holding it together combined with very well-designed levels will challenge anyone. The satisfaction in this game comes from thinking out ways to approach each mission like a real assassin. You can just shoot everyone, but the whole point of a stealth game is to be as sneaky as possible. And when your plan works... it is a good feeling. What makes Hitman 2 the best in the series (in my opinion) is how it's completely stand-alone. The story (it has one, for a start) has no bearing on other Hitman games. It's also crafted with a direction, so while being a Hitman can seem to be a compilation of random levels (as in other Hitman games), Hitman 2's story flows parallel to the levels. That's the main thing which sets it apart. It feels structured and motivated. The levels have a link, and aren't glued together by a flashback or the lazy claim that a Hitman only does what he's paid. In terms of graphics and sound, they are much improved over Codename 47. You can barely tell that they use the same game engine. The variety in levels couldn't be more vast. The level design, the locations, the objectives, the size, the length, the significance... all varied yet still without losing focus of the direction. Which is an incredible achievement if you think about how that's even possible. It's hard to imagine how this game could be improved, other than by adding more sophisticated AI and game mechanics. Overall, this is one of the classics. Expand
  15. May 18, 2012
    Only last week finally got a hold of this game, honestly i didn't expect it to be this absorbing, I'm not such a fan of stealth games but here you can choose being a silent assassin or ... oh my god i love it, a psycho rank! That's just best part of it.
  16. Sep 16, 2011
    This game is so Good it makes me smile just writing a review on it. Every level is great and the game is setup so that you can use many ways to accomplish your objective, dress up as the milk man to deliver your message, use any weapon of choice and if... if your good enough accomplish the highest rating of silent assassin by not triggering any sounds or alarms. You can play the differentThis game is so Good it makes me smile just writing a review on it. Every level is great and the game is setup so that you can use many ways to accomplish your objective, dress up as the milk man to deliver your message, use any weapon of choice and if... if your good enough accomplish the highest rating of silent assassin by not triggering any sounds or alarms. You can play the different levels over and over, get faster and find new ways to get your targets, its just so much fun. Expand
  17. Mar 3, 2013

1. Challenging, cerebral, and maddening. Hitman 2 keeps you coming back but there just aren't enough saves in the game. [PC Format]
  2. Sure, it could've been longer, and a multiplayer option wouldn't have hurt either, but even as it is, I really couldn't find anything wrong with the game - it's fun, intense, and most of all, highly enjoyable.
  3. Fixes virtually all of the problems of its predecessor and stands tall on its own merits as an outstanding action game.