8.2

1. AnonY
    Nov 29, 2008
    This is a very solid game. I can only find 2 downsides. First, stealth is optional for a while. I just killed everyone in sight and beat the level with ease. I'm not sure if that's bad or good. Secondly, the controls are somewhat awkward, making trying to run forward turn into switching items if your fingers are in the wrong position. Overall, this is a great game, and since This is a very solid game. I can only find 2 downsides. First, stealth is optional for a while. I just killed everyone in sight and beat the level with ease. I'm not sure if that's bad or good. Secondly, the controls are somewhat awkward, making trying to run forward turn into switching items if your fingers are in the wrong position. Overall, this is a great game, and since it's free on Gametap, give it a shot. You might like it. Expand
  2. Z.S.
    Nov 10, 2002
    Raju is a stupid f.ck.
  3. Sep 16, 2011
    This game is so Good it makes me smile just writing a review on it. Every level is great and the game is setup so that you can use many ways to accomplish your objective, dress up as the milk man to deliver your message, use any weapon of choice and if... if your good enough accomplish the highest rating of silent assassin by not triggering any sounds or alarms. You can play the differentThis game is so Good it makes me smile just writing a review on it. Every level is great and the game is setup so that you can use many ways to accomplish your objective, dress up as the milk man to deliver your message, use any weapon of choice and if... if your good enough accomplish the highest rating of silent assassin by not triggering any sounds or alarms. You can play the different levels over and over, get faster and find new ways to get your targets, its just so much fun. Expand
  4. Jan 29, 2013
    Huge number of missions, with a great variety in locations and a decent story holding it together combined with very well-designed levels will challenge anyone. The satisfaction in this game comes from thinking out ways to approach each mission like a real assassin. You can just shoot everyone, but the whole point of a stealth game is to be as sneaky as possible. And when your planHuge number of missions, with a great variety in locations and a decent story holding it together combined with very well-designed levels will challenge anyone. The satisfaction in this game comes from thinking out ways to approach each mission like a real assassin. You can just shoot everyone, but the whole point of a stealth game is to be as sneaky as possible. And when your plan works... it is a good feeling. What makes Hitman 2 the best in the series (in my opinion) is how it's completely stand-alone. The story (it has one, for a start) has no bearing on other Hitman games. It's also crafted with a direction, so while being a Hitman can seem to be a compilation of random levels (as in other Hitman games), Hitman 2's story flows parallel to the levels. That's the main thing which sets it apart. It feels structured and motivated. The levels have a link, and aren't glued together by a flashback or the lazy claim that a Hitman only does what he's paid. In terms of graphics and sound, they are much improved over Codename 47. You can barely tell that they use the same game engine. The variety in levels couldn't be more vast. The level design, the locations, the objectives, the size, the length, the significance... all varied yet still without losing focus of the direction. Which is an incredible achievement if you think about how that's even possible. It's hard to imagine how this game could be improved, other than by adding more sophisticated AI and game mechanics. Overall, this is one of the classics. Collapse
  5. Mar 31, 2014
    Hitman 2 is arguably the best stealth game that has ever released, forget the big titles such as MGS or anything like that. I'm not going to say much about the graphics as they are dated now. Although, they were remarkable when this game first released. I'll add that the foliage physics are now absent from this iteration that were previously found in Hitman: Codename 47. I also like howHitman 2 is arguably the best stealth game that has ever released, forget the big titles such as MGS or anything like that. I'm not going to say much about the graphics as they are dated now. Although, they were remarkable when this game first released. I'll add that the foliage physics are now absent from this iteration that were previously found in Hitman: Codename 47. I also like how ballistics work in the game, it's unique. The level design, for it's time, is phenomenal. Such is the case with the storyline. It kept me immersed throughout my playthrough. The environments are enormous this time. And they're filled with NPCs, that may be civilians or enemies, so you won't get bored just wandering around.

The animations, however, are a bit clunky. But, again, taking into account its release date, it seems fair. Besides, it's nothing that would keep you from stop playing. I really, really loved sniping in the game. Some may say that the game is "hard". But that's just casuals whining how they can't move the mouse properly. The game's difficulty is realistic when played at expert, the AI becomes even more clever. At professional difficulty the game becomes frustratingly hard, you'd have to be a pro to achieve a silent assassin rating in that! Also the **** that say the voice acting is bad don't know what voice acting really is. David Bateson's voice is **** incredible, even more than Chris Formage's from GTA SA.
    Overall the game is a must-buy for all you stealth lovers.
  6. JamesR.
    Sep 21, 2009
    A truly enjoyable and atmospheric game that rivals anything on the market in 2009. Graphics may be a little dated now - but runs like a dream maxed out on modern vid-cards!
  7. Oct 26, 2013
    Hitman 2 silent assassin is the best entry in the series so far, and the most sold one. Increasing difficulty and pressure on stealth, the game actually brings up challenges, not only to assassinate the target, but to enter and escape the area undetected is a key feature that makes this game stand tall on its own accord. The game offers a variety of weapons like its predecessor, and takesHitman 2 silent assassin is the best entry in the series so far, and the most sold one. Increasing difficulty and pressure on stealth, the game actually brings up challenges, not only to assassinate the target, but to enter and escape the area undetected is a key feature that makes this game stand tall on its own accord. The game offers a variety of weapons like its predecessor, and takes you through an amazing storyline spread along 21 missions. For me, this game beats all records of stealth games so far. Expand
  8. Nov 6, 2013
    The first Hitman game was kinda dull and the maps lacked creativity.Hitman 2 was a big surprise though.Instead of just killing for money the game has a great story.The maps are realistic and the use of textures is splendid.On top of that you got some awesome music that fits to the game.The AI has improved as well,it was a big problem in the first Hitman game.
  9. Feb 15, 2013
    God awful voice acting, terrible gameplay, no clear direction on where to go to avoid getting killed every which way you turn, and impossible gameplay makes this game one of the worst I've ever played. Quit without even being able to get anywhere in the first level. Glad I barely paid anything for it. I will never play a Hitman game again.
  10. Raju
    Oct 20, 2002
    I LIKE THIS GAME.
  11. MarkG.
    Jul 9, 2004
    THIS GAME IS GREAT! Good music great gmeplay but still fun. Gameplay gets a bit repetitive though.
  12. SeanV.
    May 4, 2003
    This game just rules a couple of gaurds in your way??? no problem look for a loner take him out using the games prior objective stealth take his clothes and waltz right in even better than the sequal but hard to control.
  13. GANGSTA
    Aug 26, 2003
    Such a let down, the start is amazingly cool, great music, everything superb.....then missions become repetitive and everything goes downhill......It's a shame.
  14. CiobanuS,
    Jul 4, 2007
    Childish. Why didnt they call it The Ma...ix? You can dodge bullets and see them coming? Come on!
  15. YanoZ.
    Aug 26, 2007
    Fast action, but horrible graphics and soundFX.
  16. MafiaGuy
    Nov 1, 2003
    It's just that the the game is too arcade-like - childish.
  17. BurakU.
    Mar 8, 2008
    How come this game got 87 in meta? Crappy engine, gameplay is a joke. When you fire your pistol, you can watch your bullet slowly flying through the target. So if the target is running, you have calculate and shoot few meters ahead, and watch them clash. Almost like you're using rocket launcher. Do Not buy !!
  18. MatthiasS.
    Jun 27, 2008
    Nice Idea for a game but at the the not more than a poor storyline. More interactive gameplay would bring real fun. Graphic is very good.
  19. Mar 3, 2013
    This is the first hitman game I have ever played. It was in 2006, more than 3 years after it has been released, I still got very addicted. Later, I play every hitman games, and even pre-purchased absolution, and I must say that "hitman 2: Silent Assassin" is the most revolutionary, the most intense, deepest, and thus the most successful game of the series. It corrects most of the mistakesThis is the first hitman game I have ever played. It was in 2006, more than 3 years after it has been released, I still got very addicted. Later, I play every hitman games, and even pre-purchased absolution, and I must say that "hitman 2: Silent Assassin" is the most revolutionary, the most intense, deepest, and thus the most successful game of the series. It corrects most of the mistakes that the first hitman "codename 47" has, and adds a lot of successful features such as the diversity approach to complete the mission, the alert system that enalbes the enemy to notice you even after you change your cloth(in hitman: codename 47 as long as you change the cloth, you wouldn't be noticed by enemy), and these features shine through hitman 3 "contracts" and 4 "blood money". Therefore, this game is also the foundation of successful the sequels, especially blood money. Plus, the visual effect is amazing back in 2002, and the music delivers more richer atmosphere to the game that it really makes the play get into the game, get into the world of 47. Unfortunately, absolution somehow throws out some very essential features. I hope IO and its new parent company Square Enix would fix it and combine the best of old hitman(1-4) and absolution to make the 6th hitman game much better! Expand
  20. AshwinP.
    Feb 20, 2008
    Nice game plot and as hitman travels around the world, the game becomes faster and thrill allover...good story.
  21. BubbaBeans
    Nov 16, 2002
    F**KING AWESOME GAME! One of the best ever.
    Nov 24, 2002
    This game is incredible! It is easily my favorite PC game! I really enjoyed the 1st one and I heard that the sequel is much better and that there are more and better levels. When I played it...
  23. JoeH.
    Dec 13, 2002
    Awesome.
  24. k243
    Mar 27, 2004
    Great.
  25. MarkA.
    Oct 11, 2002
    Superb job! Better than the first by far!
  26. JakeM.
    Oct 31, 2002
    This game is probably the most coolest game i have ever played. Not one game, that i can think of, makes you really decide if killing a man with a bullet is too loud to successfully complete your mission. If you want a game that will keep you occupied for hours on end i recomend this game!
  27. SeanD.
    Dec 28, 2007
    Truly the game of 2002, fixes all the problems from the first game and adds to it too. So many ways to complete missions makes this a game never to be put down!
  28. May 18, 2012
    Only last week finally got a hold of this game, honestly i didn't expect it to be this absorbing, I'm not such a fan of stealth games but here you can choose being a silent assassin or ... oh my god i love it, a psycho rank! That's just best part of it.
  29. Jul 16, 2013
    this one is so much better than the previous one a solid game with good sounds not bad graphics and not bad game play the story isn't that much good but it has a good ending it keeps the difficulty of the game presence although it might be a bit frustrating a solid game
  30. ERB
    Nov 15, 2013
    This game improves upon the original.The world of Hitman is big,the game play in this game is awesome,the storyline in this game is chillin,and the graphics are just so good.This game is great.
  31. Jan 29, 2013

1. Challenging, cerebral, and maddening. Hitman 2 keeps you coming back but there just aren't enough saves in the game. [PC Format]
  2. Sure, it could've been longer, and a multiplayer option wouldn't have hurt either, but even as it is, I really couldn't find anything wrong with the game - it's fun, intense, and most of all, highly enjoyable.
  3. Fixes virtually all of the problems of its predecessor and stands tall on its own merits as an outstanding action game.