6.9

1. Nov 20, 2012
    I've only completed around 20% of the game, but so far its been pretty fun. Anyway, here's a list of the good and bad stuff: The Good: - Some excellent non-linear missions - Excellent graphics - Superb crowd mechanics - Controls are generally fluid and there are some awesome moves such as faking surrender and subduing people with an elbow to the fact - Fluid melee combat - feels freaking awesome bashing peoples faces in with bottles and bricks
    - Shooting mechanics are pretty good, and it's the most amazing feeling to blow someone away with a shotgun when stealth is no longer an option

The Bad:

- Fairly graphically demanding (I'm running 30 fps on medium with a Radeon 6850, which isn't bad), but cutscenes and loading when respawning is so laggy that it drops to 1 fps. - Can't select equipment before your mission (so even though I spent 15 hours in the Sniper Challenge unlocking everything, it isn't available in the story missions)
    - There is a slight feel of "console port" (but this maybe just because of my mediocre FPS rate)
    - Large equipment can be concealed? This is a step back from Blood Money, where you had to hold anything bigger than a sub machine gun or drop it I'll add more stuff to the review as I complete the game.
  2. Nov 19, 2012
    The murderer becomes more detailed and exquisite, Hitman: Absolution is a big jump in the franchise of Agent 47.

A story much deeper and more intense than in previous installments, a technical section and amazing gameplay that offers a number of options like few games can.

Notably, the great work of optimizing the PC version.

Definitely the best game of murder so far.
  3. Nov 19, 2012
    Hitman absolution is not the best hitmn game it it is defiantly not the worst, The game play is fun and killing people has never felt so delightful, This is an awesome game with so much replay value defiantly would recommend this game, PLUS I GOT WITH THE OTHER HITMAN GAMES SO EVEN IF THIS GAME WAS **** I WOULD STILL BE ABLE TO PLAY TH OLDER GAMES
  4. Nov 20, 2012
    the worlds best assassin is back wid more action n stealth gud game just graphics is dissappointed bt still a gud game very nice hitman rocks..............
  5. Nov 20, 2012
    This is truly one of the most definitive Hitman experiences out there, there are so many more options compared to the previous games, what would you like to do? Subdue a target discetely then take his clothes and attempt to walk straight through? But what if they notice you, what then, shall you proceed to use instinct to blend in and move away or perhaps find an alternate route? If you're caught, what then will you do, melee quitely and hope you're note widely discovered, fake surrender and take him as a human shield and blast your way out, or perhaps you skip the fake surrender and go straight for guns blazing? That's not even half of what you could do either, there are just so many more options in this sequel than the others. Sure, it doesn't have as many "simulation" features such as the inability to hide heavy 2 handed weapons on you, or having animations manually put your guns away along with other small features, but it trades those in for smoother gun control, more gameplay options, with a more complex melee system that works out for the better. One thing I would say that detracts, which I believe was intentional, was that if you put two bodies into a locker/closet together, you can see just before the doors close that they are positioned purposely in a way so as to make it look like they are having standing "doggystyle" sex, something which I think is a small detractor because the comedy feels so out of place and random that it doesn't blend well. If it wasn't intentional, which I doubt, I would very much like it to be fixed, for atmosphere's sake in a game such as this which has such a serious tone.

The AI has been given a major overhaul, truly reacting to each and every thing you do in the environment, reacting accordingly to it as well, although with a few minor hickups and glitches that aren't all too noticeable. It's hard to go in depth about the AI because of how diverse and complex it is, given the multitude of situations that they react differently in each and every time. One thing I do like though, is now other people in the environment may notice you or become suspicious if you're wearing a certain disguise.

Finally, the story. The characters are all unique in their mannerisms, voices, and look, each with their own feel and flavor to them. Their voice acting is all great and manages to make them feel alive and animated.

One flaw that was fatal in the game for me, detracting it an entire point, was the checkpoint system. This checkpoint system doesn't save your progress, it simply records your character up to that point and places you in that position, let me explain. Say you clear a room of guys, then you get a checkpoint. You die, naturally, and come back to it, and now all of the guys you just got through killing in the previous room before the checkpoint are back. This I felt detracted greatly from the sense of accomplishment if you pull off a very smooth gunfight sequence, only to find out all your efforts were in vain after dieing past the next checkpoint. A good amount of the levels are sectioned off though, so the checkpoint system seems to work in a way that doesn't hamper the player in those parts, but in the larger sandbox maps, it becomes very frustrating.

Finally, there is contracts mode, which enables you to cutsomize and create your very own hits and share them with the community. This is something that I wouldn't of expected to come from a game such as this, and works so well in so many ways as to be entirely unique, and hopefully becomes a permanent addition to the series from now on.

Overall this is a fantastic game with tons of content and as much polish as possible for the date they had set, very few bugs of any kind have been encountered and the everything seems to work as it should. Hats off to the developers for making such a fantastic game.
  6. Nov 20, 2012
    Excellent take on Hitman, it takes a slightly different direction towards a more story driven narrative but it has many hitman moments, in fact the purist difficulty makes the game substantially harder than Blood Money so far.
  7. Nov 20, 2012
    Play Blood Money after playing Absolution, and then tell me which one is a better reflection of how games should be in 2012. Absolution is technically, amazing. ~700 NPCs on screen in China Town. Great graphics. Don't get me wrong, I loved Blood Money.. I loved Blood Money almost as much as Hitman 2 when it came out... but now? Blood Money > Hitman 2... in time, Absolution may have the same effect. Expand
  8. Nov 21, 2012
    The only reason why there are negative reviews for this game in the series is that it's no longer an easy game. The mechanics are much harder now, you can no longer just grab an outfit and do almost anything you want. Police also can recognize a bald man with a bar code on his head now. With that, the kills are much more rewarding. You really have to think to figure out how to assassinate your targets because the stealth aspect is a lot harder now. The real break from the previous installments is how much harder it is to figure things out when you are constantly trying to sneak pass people. A lot of people complain about being on the run all the time, that's because this game is hard and they're just stuck on the earlier missions. If you want to be a mass murder instead of a silent assassin, the game also sets it up perfectly by putting you in crowded streets and access to explosives. The shooting at this point is very similar to any modern day fps. There are story levels that's pretty linear but there's definitely a good mix of levels that's traditional Hitman. The new fun ways to take out your targets are creative and fun. Of course that also means you need enjoy solving puzzles because it's no longer as obvious. With the exception of the few plot driven levels, there's multiple entries and many different ways to kill your target. The only reason why it might seem like there's no options is if you're going for the perfection kill, no disguises, no blown covers and only kill your target. Otherwise, there's a ton of options and the only downside is that some civilians might get killed when you drop a chandelier down. The only complaint I have is that if you killed someone by making it look like an accident, it shouldn't take points off for the kill. You're still a ghost if a horrible "accident" happens to kill civilians. Expand
  9. Nov 20, 2012
    TL;Dr version: Well the story mode is kind of meh but the true gem here is Contracts mode which is pure nirvana for fans of the series.

Obligatory Wall of Text: As a 30 something member of the Nintendo generation I have an instinctive revulsion to publishers and devs defecating on the classics just for a quick buck. I was especially concerned about the Hitman ip as I list Blood money
    and Silent Assasin as two of my all time favorite games. Luckily, they didn't do to 47 what they did to poor Sam Fisher. This game is actually quite good, perhaps an 8.5 or even a true 9/10 (not that kind of 9/10 that paid 'critics' give to nearly every game released), but I'll rate it a 10/10 just irritate the 13 year old hipsters jumping on the hate train to awesome town. Expand
  10. Nov 21, 2012
    Look, i'm not going to lie, okay? this game isn't perfect but it's one of the best games this gen imo and i'm not exaggerating, it's sad that most prefer to play generic first person shooter instead of actual good games like this, this game deserves a 9 but i gave it a perfect score to counter all those 0's coming from trolls that haven't even played the game.
  11. Nov 21, 2012
    Hitman: Absolution isn't perfect but it's one of the best games to release this, it's kinda sad that most "gamers" prefer to play generic, bland and crappy military first person shooter instead of really good games like this, this game deserves a 8.5 but i gave it a perfect score to counter all those 0's coming from trolls that haven't even played the game.
  12. Nov 23, 2012
    As most reviews say, this is not the Hitman you know, this is very different. The levels are not as big as some of the previous games, but if you ask me, they are way more detailed and more options than the previous Hitman games. You don't get to much of an open world anymore, but more a, get from point A to Point B style. i was skeptical about this at first, but grew to love it, even though it's a From point A to B, you still get alot of diversion and ALOT of choices on how you wanna get there. The new disguise system is 50/50, i love how it adds to the realism. The cop will know you are not one of his colleagues, but how is the civillian to know that you are not a cop? It is a bit to sensitive though, even though you are standing with your back to a guy who is 6-7 meters away he will still notice that you are not one of them, and that is a bit to much. You don't get to choose what weapons and equipment you wanna use anymore at the start of the game though, but i think this adds to the fun, and it works well with the story, this also means that you don't have a pocket filled with thousand coins anymore, instead you gotta find objects around the world, that you can use as distractions/weapons, this is also a welcome change.
    The story is also a big part of Absolution, in the previous games. You got your mission and then you executed it, however you felt like and that was that, and that was good, cause that's why you played it.
    I felt alot more motivated to keep going in this one, cause of the story and what happend in it, and even though i mostly try to do it stealth with none or a few extra casualties , there was just places where i went in guns blazing cause i didn't think the ones i was up against deserved to live. I also had some really heartpounding moments, cause i was so focused on killing my target for one reason or another and that rarely happens to me.
    On that note, it also alot funnier to do fire fights in Absolution: When you empty your 45 cal. UMP magazine into a guy and you see him spasm all over the place as he falls to the ground, feels really awesome.

All in all I will give this game a 9/10 it is a great game, but with a few things i would like tweeked, but these things are so minor that they can be looked through pretty easly. Don't expect the next version of Blood Money, but a deeper more involved game.
  13. Nov 21, 2012
    I find it pathetic that some folks still can't take off thier nostalgia goggles for seconds to review this game fairly instead of hating on it and giving it a low score because certain moment in the story that i won't spoil here annoyed them, it's sad to see games like this, Darksider 2 and Assassin's Creed III get bashed while generic military first person shooters get praised by the same people, this game isn't perfect but it's one of the best games to release this gen imo, great story, great graphics and gameplay, absolutely no bugs/glitches, just perfect. Expand
  14. Nov 21, 2012
    Hitman Absolution is a game plagued by two things, people who want games to be able to change without HUGE backlash from old and new fans alike, and people from /v/ who expect games to never change and always be about the same thing and never even begin to try and change how they are played or even what your goal is.

I can do anything i could do in blood money but now i have even more
    options, game play wise this game stayed more of the same than it changed the instinct had some interesting results and i can see were it effected level design.

The story is pretty simple but the characters make it more enjoyable. Contracts mode is also one of the most clever ways to give a single player game a Multiplayer mode without it feeling tacked on in a long time.
  15. Nov 28, 2012
    Yes this Hitman is too much corridor. Also selection of weapons (no mods) and the embarrassing fact that large sniper rifle (and any other big guns), you just hide it under a coat . But if I have to evaluate the game as a whole its great, and I still have the urge to pass it again and again. I went through it twice already and now i have started playing on the purist difficulty with any support off .. AND THIS IS WHERE THE REAL HITMAN BEGINS. At this moment, you forget all the shortcomings of this game. It is definitely not a dumb Console shooter but you will get a decent amount of paranoia, anxiety, and you will need logical and tactical thinking. If i evaluate the AI in Blood Money and Absolution (the hardest difficulty)Absolution is the winner, relates to the reality of a response and adversaries alike. A graphic is just amazing. Great gameplay, AI, reality of environments and graphics. For me it's 9/10. Expand
  16. Nov 23, 2012
    Best stealth for me in a long time. To make things clear - when I see a stealth game, I want clean and silent killing, being able to stay unseen though out my mission and game itself should be really challenging. Other things are not so important. Hitman: Absolution delivers it.
    Some things were dumped like sniper rifle case, ability to carry all weaponry at once, map, looking through
    keyhole and maybe something else i forgot to mention. But those are just minor tools. What really matters is gameplay itself - goal and how we can achieve that. Game is till about killing people in different ways, sometimes making it look like accidents. People complain about nerfed masquerade? Well deal with it. Now getting security/police uniform is no longer an "I WIN" button. Admit it - in iconic Blood Money, 90% of succes in a mission was finding a suit that was granting access to whole area, or atleast it's main parts. That was security guy in most cases. After that we only had to choose how to kill target and dump its body. Now people with same outfits will become suspicious about you, and after brief time will start calling for help or shoot you. To avoid that you still stay out of their sight or use "instict" which is a precious resource you should learn how to manage. I've been playing on expert through out main story line and to stay unnoticed in smaller location or get silent assasin on larger ones, i had to invest ALOT of time. Overall i've spent around 48 hours of game time to complete campaign on expert without being noticed a single time and get silent assasin mark on every kill mission. In my book that is really long singleplayer, especially nowdays. Sure thing if you play on medium and you are not so obsessed with clean work then i think it can go down to somewhere around 20 hours which is good, nevertheless. Contracts mode is nice, but has a lot of room for improvement. People tend to make easy contracts like killing 3 first NPC with pistol, then get out and get money. It takes like 30 sec to complete, and provides same amount of money as a pice-of-art assasination contract that requires skill, planning and flawless execution from players and contract creator. I think IO should implement not only likes/dislikes on contracts , but some sort of difficulty voting and search system, so people can look for what they really want. There are also contracts that are made by random pulling of NCP from crowded to isolated areas. It results in silent kill, but finding that exact same spot on the wall to throw brick into is just stupid. Apart from that, contracts provide additional play time to itself long story mode.
    Tech. part of the game is good. Surprisingly low amount of bugs, none of which are gamebreaking, good visuals, nice sound. This game is solid 9/10 with some room for improvement, but it gets 10 just to compensate for morons giving it 0's.
  17. Nov 23, 2012
    I know it is probably getting to sound redundant by now but I am a series Hitman fan. I've played every one and had tons of fun with every title. I played the Sniper Challenge to DEATH got all the challenges. Anyways I honestly say this game is amazing in almost every aspect. Yes they have taken some things out, adjusted some things and changed the way disguises work. Out of all they have changed the only thing that is really a stickler is way disguises work. Now I won't go into it too much because by now everyone knows how it works now, but to defend the change just a little bit it makes the game even MORE challenging especially on the harder difficulty settings. Personally I love a game that challenges me and this is one of those games. To complete the challenges on any said one level of single player your looking at INSANE re-playability. Heck I believe it took me around 7 hours to get every challenge on the Chinatown level. Contracts is very addictive and fresh in its own right, just the vast amount of options that can be created is astonishing. You can have up to three targets and each target can have their own specific way to eliminate, such as method of kill and the disguise you wear to kill them. You will find yourself playing these multiple times just to figure out each kill then trying to string them together in the fastest time possible. Overall Hitman has been dormant for a loong time now and the release of this is a COMPLETE breath of fresh air among the endless tide of FPS titles and FPS franchise sequels that are almost always too afraid to be bold and mix things up. Bottom line if you are or were a fan of any of these Hitman games I strongly recommend getting this one. Expand
  18. Dec 31, 2012
    This is by far the best game I played this year. The major pros are: 1) The graphics are the best I've ever seen; 2) The gameplay encourages thinking before acting; it's not a shoot-them-all kind of game, which is a good thing; 3) Excellent story and presentation: I usually don't watch cut scenes, but the story is so good and the cinematic presentation is so well-executed that I could not just skip the cut scenes (yes, it's that good); 4) Superb animation and voice acting, particularly Dexter's (the main villain); 5) Great replay value: I have already played 45+ hours (the first play through took me 18 hours) but I don't feel I'm done with this game yet. I just have a few complaints about this game. They are not deal breakers, but they become really annoying at times. The major cons are: 1) Lack of enough checkpoints (i.e., save points): It's already bad enough that the game does not allow you to save the progress at any time, but in Hitman this gets exacerbated by the fact that you don't have enough checkpoints in normal difficulty. This discourages exploration because if you get killed you have to restart the level, making the gameplay more linear than it should be (.i.e., it encourages you to just complete the objectives as quietly and quickly as possible and move on to the next level); 2) The score system is unbalanced: for a game that allows you to hit people in so many ways (with bottles, bricks, syringes, knives, metal pipes, tomahawks, etc) I would expected to be encouraged to hit people; unfortunately, the score system penalizes you really hard if you hit civilians (3000+ points) and non-target bad guys (300+ points) . Overall, it Expand
  19. Nov 25, 2012
    I'll start off by saying up front that this is my first Hitman game. I just finished it this evening. There are so many games that I don't enjoy and struggle through to the end (like Assasins Creed 1+2, or Mass effect 3), or just abandon all together because they just aren't fun (too many to list unfortunately). I found this game a lot of fun, and I kept coming back until I had beat the SP campaign, and will keep coming back to play the contracts mode and improve my hitman skills and scores. Most of the time, my attempted hits turned into massive bloodbaths, usually because I was impatient, or because I was wearing the wrong disguise and didn't stay out of sight.

When things turned into a massacre, I thought to myself "That's ok, I can play this level again, but differently the next time". Next time...See, most single player games I play, then forget about and generally never play again. This game, I find myself wanting to come back and play it, find new ways to play it, master etc. There is a lot of challenge there, and it's compelling.

Disguises work fine. You just have to find a disguise that won't get you sprung as easily. I found that each level usually has at least one unique disguise that allows you free reign of a level, or at least most areas of it.
    The story was deliberately ham-fisted and tongue-in-cheek and the sections people are complaining about are either very short and inconsequential, or they can be approaching in a completely different way (the quick-time event wrestling match could be done in multiple ways).

I will make a point of playing Blood Money now, as I have it on Steam, but as a noob to the series, I had no problems with Absolution at all. It offered many different ways to complete objectives, and the firefights were very engaging and satisfying thanks to great animations, ragdoll physics and an amazing visual engine in general. I thought it was excellent, as well as being one of the best looking games I have ever played, and very well optimized too. It ran on average at 100fps on my HD5850 and i5 2500K, at 1080p on the highest settings, bar MSAA.
  20. Nov 26, 2012
    This is an amazing game with great graphics and: Great gameplay(!). The story is not the best but the gameplay is such amazing...... Killing people in dozens of possibility. You have to play this awesome game on hard or harder, 'cause it makes more fun!!!
  21. Nov 24, 2012
    any one how givs this game less then 8.0 is not worth reading!!
    Hitman: Absolution is an exellent game and rghit on time becuse all other games that came out to this time are boring maby axcept medal of honor warfighter also great game
    you cant say any thing bad about this game, the graphichs awesome flowed game play and great sound.
    i never liked the hitman franchise but this one is
    different from all aspects.
    so if you are looking for a good game to play current time play this one you will enjoy it.
  22. Nov 23, 2012
    Sure, the game is little different, but does it means it's a bad game? No. It's a wonderful stealth game with great graphics, it is the best looking game on PC. Missions can be finished many many ways, stealth feels very satisfying. There is a lot of replay value. Difficulty options for the game are perfect, almost everyone can enjoy this game. The things I don't like are not being able to buy weapons at the beginning of the mission, also the fact that I can hide sniper rifle and other large weapons, why? I actually like new disguise system, it feels challenging. It feels like Hitman's 2 disguise system but done better, in my opinion that is. Sound and music are superb. Expand
  23. Nov 24, 2012
    Very good game, from start to finish, this is the best we've played already the franchise, and not hear comments like this: hitman is like splinter cell! because it is not true. play it =]
  24. Nov 26, 2012
    I played all the Hitman games and I loved them all and I also love this one. Only problem I see is that IO seems to have forgotten about Blood Money and I was really hoping they'd continue the story. But if you ignore that fact and only look at Absolution on it's own, I think it's a pretty damn good Hitman. It's hard, it's cool and the story gives a nice new aspect to the whole thing, even thou it might not be the most innovative and logical one. Expand
  25. Nov 27, 2012
    These reviews are absurd. I've been an avid fan of the Hitman series since the first release and was afraid that the same would happen with Absolution, with what happened to Conviction- To conform and accommodate the generation of casual gamers who don't wish to do a lot of thinking and run through good looking levels without too much effort.

Fortunately, to my pleasure, this is
    absolutely not the case. The game mechanics, presentation and playability is nothing less than excellent. Those who claim the game is too easy, dumbed down or not "Hitman" any more, is either not playing it on a hard enough difficulty or was expecting a remake of a previous Hitman with new levels and a new graphics engine. The difficulty in Absolution plays a huge role in the actual game-play. Accommodating for two very different players. For those, like me, who've been waiting for a new instalment in the Hitman series, I highly recommend you play the game on Expert or Purist mode. For those wanting to play casually through Absolution without too much retries and with lots of guidance, pick a lower difficulty setting. Referring to higher difficulty settings; The realism and AI is amazing, wearing the same outfits as enemies would make them get suspicious when you're getting to close- this is where instinct is mainly used (by turning 47's head to the side or by raising his elbow to evade a direct face to face detection). This really makes sense to me as "people" in a certain group/job category tend to know each other and would become curious/cautious to whom this "new guy" is. Things I liked : - Animations
    - Game-play mechanics - Story and level design - Realism
    - Fire fights are insane
    - Graphics goes without saying
    - 5.1 will blow you away. Dislikes - No suitcase ? This is very sadistic of IOInteractive
    - Not clear on how much points are needed to achieve the different ratings (Silent Assassin, expert, ...)
    - Accidental deaths count towards your "kills" *
    This game is meant to be played on a high difficulty and begs for you to achieve Silent Assassin rating. **
    Hope this help anyone in doubt :D
  26. Jan 4, 2013
    Wow, amazing game. I'll get the bad THING out of the way first and that is the DISGUISE system. You are too easily recognized by people wearing the same clothes, realistic, but ridiculous.
    Second of all red reviews should be ignored because they are mainly complaining due to the game "crashing" or "bad controls" or "bad graphics". Crashing? Your computer's fault. Bad controls? Play it
    with a controller. Bad Graphics? Get a better computer. Make sure you have an ideal computer before even trying to review a game. Not their fault.
    The game itself is amazing, Good story, clear view on who's the "bad guy" and the game's audio and visual are stunning. Unlike the past Hitman games you seem to be more interactive with the environment. 9/10
  27. Nov 27, 2012
    New game about Agent 47 causes only good feelings. Developers created new game engine for Hitman. Graphics in this game is nice. New elements organically was added in gameplay. Story was surprised for me. But I can't to choose best game in this year about killer/assassin? Hitman or Assassin's Creed? On my mind, today we have two perfect action games. When was the last time?
  28. Nov 29, 2012
    Awesome game, finally difficulty makes a difference in a game. Beat it on easy, beat it on normal, and then DIE! And then two more difficulties after that! On easy you can certainly blast your way through anyone, on normal you can shoot your way out of a situation or two, but hard will take you back to everything that has made the hitman series great. All these people complaining about the death of the series should stop playing on easy. Playing on hard is awesome, you can't just blast your way through levels, and the hours of strategy are enthralling. Could I take this guy out before the other guard walks by? Where could I hide him though? Would they see that? Could I get a clear shot up there? So many means to the same end, perfection. And you will pay dearly for perfection. Did they just see those legs slip around the corner? Did they hear that? Will they buy your disguise? Quite often those questions are followed by a fatal barrage of bullets, or a score shattering shooting spree. Anyone can kill, but killing quietly, and with discretion, is much more meticulous and entertaining than massacres (After the first playthrough at least ;D) And contracts makes the game exponentially larger than just the campaign, which is also awesome. After all, who could come up with more twisted and greuling challenges for the players, but the players themselves. Awesome game, awesome melee and combat system, great variety, and challenging and addictive gameplay. And for all those whining about the differences between this and blood money, there is one word: CONTRACTS! Expand
  29. Jan 12, 2013
    You all have to be the biggest gang of babies on the face of the Earth. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, IT'S NOT BLOOD MONEY VERBATIUM, WAAAAAAAAAAAAA! THY PUT AN ACTUAL STORY LINE THAT DOESN'T BLOW WAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Just stfu. Play the game for what it is. If you get over yourself, you see it's got some great mechanics, visuals, storyline, and endless options.
  30. Nov 28, 2012
    Hitman: Absolution is a beautiful game, stunning graphics and the awesome thing is you dont need a monster pc to play. That is the first thing to notice. If you are a fan of the old hitman's this game will feel a bit dumb downed compared to the old ones. But set aside on its own, its a well designed game with all the old hitman tools and tricks with a few new one for the casual gamer. The game starts off feeling a bit liner but as you progress so does the levels, witch is awesome for a new gamer. If you looking for a rework of the first hitman, this is not it. But if you looking for a game that will challenge you, thats replayable and give you jaw dropping graphics this is the game for you. I love Hitman, and i love this game. If you want your old hitman don't play on normal, play professional then you are a true hitman fan. Expand
  31. Nov 28, 2012
    This is by far the most ambitious Hitman game yet and wow! what a compelling story that keeps you on the edge, a none stop tour de force.
    At first i was expecting gun load outs and a map like before in other games but then i realized what they were going for, a man on the run left to his own devices procuring weapons along the way.
    For those who say harsh things about this game either
    miss what the makers were going for or they are just one of those fast pace teenaged COD players that have a lack of patients and witt.
    Contracts is a very fun online addition to the series that brings life into the world of hitman and give you the ability to create your own contracts on the targets you wish, and create and a storyline for other players to read and enjoy.
  32. Nov 29, 2012
    I have written this review because I completely disagreed with the harsh negative attitude towards this game. To give some perspective. I have finished the game. I have played all the hitman games since it was released. After spending 2 days downloading on some average ADSL connection I finally hit the ground running. I had waited for this game for a long time. I was excited.

I found
    that initially I was ticked off that the game didn't allow me to save how I wanted. After an hour of play I didn't care. The check points were evenly spaced to allow for trial an error with out much punishment.

The cover system was smooth, the combat system was ok. Allowed for great variation even with out using firearms. If a person cannot play this game on easy and dies continually it's not the games fault you're just bad at this game. I died maybe 7 times through out the whole game. It was easy. Blood money was the only well made hitman game. The others were clunky. I loved them but they were horribly clunky. I felt this change in direction could have been how i wanted hitman to be all along. I wanted that greater interaction. I wanted smoother transitions between hunting, hiding and execution of the target. I hated waiting 15 minutes around corridors for soldiers to move out of the way in uninteresting environments. (Hitman 2) This is not the same as Blood money. It has changed game play style and sometimes that can cause reactions and have a backlash from people who cannot handle experimentation in a franchise. However there is nothing deeply wrong with this game. Visually its pleasing. The game play moves more fluidly and it feels like an execution. The story line doesn't add or detract from this game in my opinion. Its there. It was really all about doing the task and finding a way to do it through experimentation.

If you start on easy it's not hard at all. Compared to the other Hitmans where it was always hard even on easy. I am convinced that this was a good move for Hitman and that if you could bring the current game mechanics inline with more of the old games ability to plan hits, Hitman will continue to be a vibrant franchise. The hitmans story was average, the gameplay was involved allowing players to perform tasks how they wished. Problem is hitman never really did have a storyline that was delivered exceptionally well. It was ok. It certainly was very interesting conceptually. I felt this game did make me more interested in the storylines compared to the previous onces with the exception of the original.

I would not have wanted this game in any other way. It was what I wanted in a Hitman game.
  33. Dec 2, 2012
    I have been playing all the games in the series and I was fairly disappointed in blood money. But this was a really way of moving on and a lot of working new game engine ideas. Of course a lot could use some tuning and some things away but to have all sort of ways to finish each map is really great. Stealth works both with and without using the new "instinct" function. One major mistake is the revival of enemies after a restart of checkpoint as well as some of the maps without alternatives, but I really enjoyed this and will play this over and over. Expand
  34. Jan 9, 2013
    I don't understand the low ratings. I've played all hitman games on their respective era I won't talk about graphics its a must. But the game play I think is an improvement. Its much more realistic. You don't see all the people on the map via your machinery instead you sense nearby enemies and use your senses to guess their movement. When you put up a cop suit you just don't instantly turn into a cop but still a suspectible person (think that you are the chef of the kitchen and you don't recognize a different face among your crew, impossible) I think game deserves a better user rating and its been overly underrated. Expand
  35. CBZ
    Dec 3, 2012
    Many things have changed since Hitman: Blood Money. The graphics have improved immensely, each room is full of details that are unique to that room, not the classic standard decor that repeats in the whole game. The character moves more fluidly, and it includes features like the quicksooting (i think that's what is called). There are many more levels than in HM: BM, however, they are shorter and more linear. The door feature makes it impossible to finish the mission the way you want but rather the way they designed it to be finished. The contracts mode makes the game much more replayable by creating new objectives and the community seems very involved when it comes to create new contracts.
    As you can see, this new release is a mixed bag of new changes but I believe the pros clearly outweight the cons.
    Absolution is a title worth buying if you take it with an open mind and dont expect Blood money with better textures.
  36. Mar 17, 2013
    I've never played the other Hitman games, but I thoroughly enjoyed this game. I really didn't expect to, as I figured the entire franchise was slow and clunky, but this was fun and engaging.
  37. Dec 14, 2012
    Darkness, violence, freedom, diversity. More features. Great atmosphere. There is still a lot of room for improvements but would it be still enjoyable if it was more difficult and realistic ? For me it's a must have.
  38. Jan 20, 2013
    This game is simply stunning from the atmospheric graphics, to the all out action. Not to mention the the background sound that is pretty amazing too. The point shout killing feature and the slow motion effect is just amazing. Overall this is one of my favorite games, And the best one in the Hitman series I've ever played. Looking forward to the sequel of Hitman: Absolution.
  39. Jan 19, 2013
    An excellent game on PC if you take it on its own and quit moaning about how its not exactly like the ones from 10 years ago. Graphics are amazing on a beast machine this game is your showcase game. GORGEOUS. Story is good enough that you know why your doing what your doing and thats the key element. Your actually a sneaky assassin and its damn fun trying to figure out all the ways to kill your target! In short, this is one of the best games in 2012. Expand
  40. Jan 21, 2013
    all i can say is that the wait was worthed and worthed to full price. why? 30+ hours of single player and you can have 60,100 hours because theres a insane ammount of ways to do your objective you can play each level in hundred different ways and so you can replay and replay and have new experience. the downside is the disguise system isnt what i was used to be, but lets be honest here, on previous titles it almost made you like in god mode, now it works but you've limits, its meant now for last resort and sudden situations where you stumble into an enemy. you can't choose loadouts on SP but you can on contracts mode, wich is the same of SP but you've more freedom. lenghty, fun and sandbox....... you'll find yourself playing it for years!! Expand
  41. Dec 5, 2012
    im just writing this because i am enjoying the game so much , and it looks great on pc , if you have nvidia gpu just use fxaa and 2x msaa shadows on medium or high, looks like ultra but better performance ,and looks 10 times better than consoles! if you enjoyed splinter cell conviction. this is for you , great game!
  42. Dec 19, 2012
    I dont have no idia why people are arguing. THIS GAME IS AWESOME! Beutiful gameplaygraphics and good storyline. Contracts is **** boss. Probably because they are cod fanboys.Dont listen to them....
  43. Jan 8, 2013
    It's about time Agent 47 took a new direction. Admit it, after four games of stealth it gets boring fast. Much like Sam Fisher on Splinter Cell: Conviction. Fast paced, action and a good shoot-em-up time. Disgusting that the brain raped Crap of Duty console gamers have a say in this. If people don't like it, the go shoot everyone in Blood Money's painfully short levels.
  44. Mar 19, 2013
    best game ever.hitman absolution isnt good becuase of its story (not that the story not good) its good becuase of the assassination.every kill is very setisfieng and there are a lot of ways to kill your enemies.contracts mode is very good but a littile hard.never mind.so anyway hitman absolurion deserve a 10/10.so buy it.
  45. Dec 12, 2012
    Amazing. This Is Much better then Blood Money. I Know That You Could Have a playground in Blood Money but every mission felt like an add on to a game. Absolution has great cover mechanics like gears. The Story is Riveting and deep. The Levels are fun and highly re playable. People complain about the disguise mechanic but there are ways of getting past it. The Point System isn't an annoying coach telling you what to do. If you care for score then learn from mistakes. The Glacier 2 engine does a great job with graphics even on low. The checkpoint does re spawn enemies but you can do better points wise. The only flaw of this game is the combat but the goods of the game just make it awesome. It can be hard on purist and using instinct and smart thinking is key. I recommend playing easier difficulties. DON'T DIVE INTO PURIST. I Loved this game from beginning to end and i might be one of the very few 10 out of 10 but i'm gonna spend 17 hours wasting my life playing it again. (: Expand
  46. Nov 30, 2012
    Great game. innovative and new but still Hitman and a great stealth game. Definitely has good replayability with contracts mode and multiple ways to finish each level. Graphics are impressive as well. Don't listen to people hating on it, I only encountered a few minor bugs. Story line is great, especially the ending.
  47. Nov 30, 2012
    This is the best Hitman ever! the + Good history Nice level design the voice acting is beautiful! the lightning level i perfect there is many ways you can complete the level (etc. you can go stealth and use the environment as your weapon or you can just shoot your way out!) many cool disguises many cool weapons funny easter eggs This game is the very best game from the HITMAN series!

the -

- Need more chicks! ;)
  48. Dec 7, 2012
    I'm not a fan of the Hitman series. I never played the other Hitman games. However I was impressed when completed the game. I loved the story, and the developer put in subtle humour here an there, which I liked very much. After completing the game on normal, I have moved on to the hard difficulty and am finding the game very fun to play through a second time (on the harder difficulty). Also my main is to get perfect scores every level but that's pretty hard :P All in all I think its a really solid game. Maybe if you liked the old games, you won't like this one (taken from what other people are saying), but if you are a newcomer, such as me,I think you will enjoy this game very much. Expand
  49. Dec 10, 2012
    A true silent assassin doesn't need a sniper rifle or a machine gun. Actually, you can get away without a single shot fired or disguise used. And stop complaining that you can't choose weapons for your missions in Hitman: Absolution
  50. Dec 18, 2012
    I think Hitman is great. Awesome climate just like in previous part. I bought it for 17 euros at http://www.go2arena.com/hitman.html . Some people complains for its animation, but i think it suits for this type of game and its climate.
  51. Jan 9, 2013
    To all the nostalgic fans out there: no, this isn't Blood Money. And I'm a nostalgic too, but hope isn't lost. On the contrary, with Absolution you'll get a very mature and engaging plot, you'll see an Agent 47 driven, probably for the first time, by human feelings. And that's what makes the story so strong. With stunning graphics, of course.
    The Contract mode is quite fun, if you have
    some friends to compete with. Not that the contracts created by other users are boring. It really makes you discover every little thing of every level. Every detail, every weapon, every situation that can be used to your advantage.
    There are downsides, though. I would have liked to hear a little more variety of voices. You'll see my point after a few missions spent walking through crowds of people.
    You can hide a sniper rifle in your pants? This is supposed to be Agent 47, not Guybrush Threepwood! I miss the old sniper rifle case, it looked so cool!
    The disguise system surely has been improved, but it's far from perfect. Chicago is quite a big city, how comes every damn cop knows each other? And how can a normal cop be suspicious about me when I'm wearing a SWAT disguise? Seriously, my whole face is covered by the ski mask! He can only see my eyes!
    In conclusion, it's not perfect, but it's a damn good comeback for 47. Really hope to not have to wait another 6 year for a sequel.
  52. Feb 16, 2013
    Impossible. Yeah, with some negative moments, but they mean little. Everyone who writes about those details that really do not matter idiots
    Brilliant!
  53. Jan 27, 2013
    I really do not understand all the negative reviews here. Maybe this game was just poorly put together on release? I'm about 4 hours in and having a blast. The graphics are spectacular, music + sound + ambiance are great, the story is silly but enjoyable, the controls are fairly nice (for keyboard + mouse)... for those of you complaining about the 'FPS' mechanics, you can choose to be as stealthy or as shooty as you want, the game leaves options open. The multiple achievements for each mission is especially nice as it encourages you to explore all the different ways you might complete a mission.

And, ultimately, the game is just fun. It's a lot of fun.

The only game mechanics I don't like: the you can't just adopt a disguise and walk around willy nilly, as people (with the same disguise) will see through it. And mashing a button to 'subdue' a person is kind of silly. Just let me press the button and be done with it. And some missions drift away from the open-ended 'figure out how to kill these guys'. But I'm okay with that.

I suppose if you were looking for a clone of Blood Money with better graphics you might be disappointed. But regardless, if you judge it as a game on its own merits, it's very well put together, well presented, and very fun.
  54. Feb 11, 2013
    Some people complain about it being too much like splinter cell but I like splinter cell and it still have everything that I liked from the first Hitman games. The movement system is like a combination of "DeusEx human revolution" and the old "Tomb raider" games. There are many ways of completing a mission. The only bad thing is that it does not matter how easy bodies can be found when there is no place to dispose them. The close distance to the enemies combined with the high accuracy with the silenced gun gives a feeling of perfection when being able to get 5 headshots in one second. It was much better than "MaxPayne 3" because 47 is not so stupid. Expand
  55. Mar 5, 2013
    Dont get me wrong this game is not a game 10/10 its a 8/10 but there are reviews of user that gave 0/10 that is just stupid Comn dudes this game is good
  56. Mar 19, 2013
    Having played all the previous titles, I thought I knew what to expect. Fortunately, that went out the window with the first "woah" moment. And you'll find in Absolution plenty of them. The story is very well made and it feels like you're watching a good action movie. One of the most impressive features of Hitman Absolution is the voice acting. You don't see the same quality in most other games; really well done. Graphically, it ranks high when compared with games launched around its release time. Every frame of any cutscene can be transformed into a beautiful art piece to hang on your walls. The cutscenes connect the gameplay seamlessly. Gameplay-wise, it's a good improvement from its predecessors as 47 feels more natural than ever. The cover system is really well made even though sometimes your head is way above the counter you're hiding behind. Intuition, as a gameplay mechanic, is great. It will convince even the most brutal player not to kill every NPC and it also serves as a "tutorial" for new players or for those who want to get their hands on the highest difficulties. If you finished any other Hitman game, be sure to try the tougher challenges too. The multiplayer part of it consists in creating and completing contracts made by your friends. Not only will it challenge your friends but creating a good contract will also challenge you to complete it first, to prove that it can be done. If playing on PC, I highly recommend using a controller when playing Absolution. Not that keyboard & mouse aren't great, but you'll get the most out of its cinematic experience. In conclusion, a great game, polished and not a full 10 because of a couple bugs. Expand
  57. Nov 7, 2013
    I have to say that I wasnt a real fan of Hitman but this part I enjoyed a lot, maybe that is the reason why I enjoyed it, cause as a game it is pretty nicely done. It is a great game and gave me a nice stealthy rush. Therefore 10 points cause quality is excellent in every aspect, too.
  58. May 12, 2013
    For all complaints This game may not the best out-there, but is just amazing.
    We're not talking about graphics (they're pretty good), we're talking 'bout playability, and that my friends its a nice point.
    Ok play in lower levels of difficulty ...hitman sense, enemies paths, objects sub-lined, you can go on...
    WE must play on Purist!!! there's were lives and shines the real game.
    map, no sense, no nothing...only you and your brain. Extremely hard tough guys, no place to run, no time to disguise...think before u shoot. I've spent a lot of hours replaying and creating new ways to kill to get unnoticed.
    So go for it guys...this games rules.
  59. Jul 23, 2013
    after 6 ans a half years the original Assassin comes back and he comes back with a really good game ,
    first the positive things i found in this game
    1- this game has amazing cinematic presentation one of the best ever
    2- amazing gameplay it keeps the previous game play of the previous parts of the series and adds a few things that makes it even better like the cover system i found
    that really helpful
    the game is flexible as you can advance with stealth game play or action depends on your choice
    3- on the previous parts of the series you had to discover alternative ways to kill the target it is present in this game actually it is even better in this game but you have the instinct which guides you towards it whi i find really helpfull
    4- the story is really really good with well written dialogue and many twists as you advance
    5- this game is visually stunning it has great graphics
    so what was bad in this game
    the checkpoint in this game is really bad because it the checkpoints are present in really bad places that you can easily not notice at all
    some are complaining that they don't like the instinct and so you can easily disable it and enjoy
    and some complain that it borrows from splinter cell conviction well this isn't an action game it is a stealth game and if you don't like that feature in the game don't use or try to play the game on higher difficulty
    in the end a really great game and a great addition to the amazing series
  60. May 21, 2013
    what a game! enjoyed every minute and was sad when it ended. compelling storyline, endless replayability, good graphics, challenging AI One of my favourite games ever
  61. Jul 5, 2013
    Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun
  62. Aug 17, 2013
    Greatly improved from former series, less realistic though. But does it really matter? As far as it is a game, user-friendliness and immersion are much more important than any other things. Anyway, this game was intriguing at all. That's enough for it.
  63. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Amazing, some of the best. Character models look fantastic, 47’s bald head never looked better. 10.
    Sound: Great voice acting, amazing soundtrack, realistic environmental sounds. 10.
    Gameplay: The gameplay has been refined to modern day controls with a cover system that works the best that I’ve seen so far, but still retains the old Hitman formula. Each mission is
    tackled in various ways all up to the player to decide. Stealth plays a major role in this game, making run and gunning an option but very difficult. This isn’t the best Hitman game I’ve played but it is one hell of an amazing game, gametrailers for their false review. 9.5.
    Story: Your back in business and your first task is to assassinate Diana, but she leaves you a request to take care of a girl, and you go through all you can to meet her request. Along the way you run into some hilarious characters, and other interesting villains which make assassinating them a joy. While the story isn’t the greatest, it still keeps an interested vibe to keep pushing the game forward. 9.0.
    Lasting Appeal: Worth it, buy this ****ing game, the gametrailers reviewer, he is no stealth fan, he can’t appreciate a good game, but you can, buy this game! 10.
    Overall Score: 9.7 out of 10.
  64. Dec 10, 2013
    Hitman is back and is it good? Yep. Hitman: Absolution is a fantastic game, filled with fun and action. Sticking true to it's roots at most parts. The graphics are great and it runs well on my PC. The Presentation and the detail itself is very good. The character animations are great, truly good achievement on such old hardware. The game itself while sticking true to it's roots at parts, goes more action-like. Of course I feel it should have really stayed 'The hitman way'.

The story is decent, but the level structure is so good. You can basically approach a mission in plenty of different ways.

The ending wasn't that great, though.

Overall, Hitman: Abs is a good game and definitely worth it.
  65. Mar 2, 2014
    Hitman is unique, this game has something that I never found in other game... Maybe absolution is far to be the best hitman, but is a hitman and it has the same spark that is so hard to find in others games... one advice? Play this game in purist difficulty and enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed it, lose yourself in the game, the environment in hitman let you do that.. that is hitman.. Of course now I'm already waiting for the next game of this amazing saga. Expand
  66. Feb 28, 2014
    나는 이게임을 정말재미있게했다.
    멋진 액션과 좋은 그래픽과 정말 최고의게임이라고 생각한다.
    타격감도 좋다.battlefield4보다 재미있게 했다.
    플레이타임도 길고 정말 재미있다.
  67. Nov 19, 2012
    Hitman Absolution has the same relationship to the hitman series that splinter cell conviction had to the splinter cell series to me. This game is a great stealth action shooter with an engaging story and amazing graphics. But as a hitman game, it is not up to par. Some of the biggest gripes I had were for one, no longer are you spending money earned from missions to upgrade and expand your arsenal, but now you are picking up things as you go. No more poison or mines always at your disposal, now you must improvise. Now this isn't terrible because it goes with the theme of, "hitman is on the run from everything and he has nothing to help him" blah blah blah. Which brings me to my next point. In Blood Money, you entered a massive level and went throughout it to creatively kill your targets, then leave the same way causing no alarm. Now you are going from point A to point B in a much more linear fashion. Now even though I have all these complaints, if you are looking for a nice stealth action game, (and don't worry, being a silent assassin bad ass is still possible) with a fantastic story and stellar graphics, this game should defiantly be worth a purchase. Collapse

Despite the deviations and minor shortcomings, it remains true to its roots. It just brushes them aside for a while, just long enough for it to tell its story- a story where the traditional contracts and other usual components just wouldn’t fit. [January 2013]
  2. Jan 8, 2013
    Hitman: Absolution does stand out from the ocean of gray and brown shooters that populate the market, but not in enough good ways to warrant a recommendation.
  3. Dec 26, 2012
    It's not a bad game by any means, and it does fix some problems with the controls that plagued previous games, but having the story that essentially makes Agent 47 less of a hitman and more of an espionage hero, makes Absolution a decent stealth game but not a fantastic Hitman game.