Hitman: Codename 47 PC

7.5

1. JohnD.
    Mar 12, 2002
    Good game and lots of fun. Keeps you hooked. Down side is lack of game save. When you have advanced a long way in the game (after 10 missions) each mission can last up to two hours at a time. When I took on the drug lord in the jungle I managed to kill him and virtually complete the level only for my PC to crash. This happened several times. Two hours into the level and having to start Good game and lots of fun. Keeps you hooked. Down side is lack of game save. When you have advanced a long way in the game (after 10 missions) each mission can last up to two hours at a time. When I took on the drug lord in the jungle I managed to kill him and virtually complete the level only for my PC to crash. This happened several times. Two hours into the level and having to start again. Game save option is a must for any follow up. That besides I would recommend the game. Should be higher up this list though. It is better than "Anachronox." Expand
  2. Dec 8, 2012
    This game was terrible. Stealth didn't work, gives little help what to do. There is almost no plot. Terrible graphics. Steam overlay didn't work and wouldn't let you minimize the game, unlike anything I've played before. There was also a problem with not being able to run for some reason. The game is fun the few times it works. But that is few and far between. There is a game this has theThis game was terrible. Stealth didn't work, gives little help what to do. There is almost no plot. Terrible graphics. Steam overlay didn't work and wouldn't let you minimize the game, unlike anything I've played before. There was also a problem with not being able to run for some reason. The game is fun the few times it works. But that is few and far between. There is a game this has the worst user and critic rating of them all. It was poorly made. Expand
  3. JohnG.
    Aug 11, 2001
    It's too delayed.
  4. Dec 5, 2012
    The best Hitman ever made, as well as the probably best stealth game. I wonder if will be there another game like this one, but I'm sure it won't. Great, funny and competitive gameplay, there's a lack of story (although the final missions are epic, especially the last 2 ones), but this game doesn't need it, because it's already great.
  5. Jul 16, 2013
    an OK game the graphics are a bit dated but it doesn't matter the sound and the gameplay is so fun it is a very hard game and yet there is no save game making it a really frustrating game but with good story it is not bad
  6. May 15, 2015
  7. Jan 22, 2016
    Definitely an original game that puts the player in the shoes of a hitman. At first the game has you killing Hong Kong Triad members and drug lords, but that all eventually leads to the awesome conclusion of your origin. Despite the lack of in game saves and A.I. problems, the atmosphere and tension in this game are second to none.
  8. Oct 26, 2013
    Codename 47 was a classic game and really good for 2000. The rag-doll physics seemed perfect with the blend of a classic storyline and good features, including moderate graphics and a vast choice of weapons. All of this under one genre, stealth.
    It could have added a few more options like in-game saves, 2-3 more missions and create a more interactive environment.
  9. Feb 29, 2016
    Well, it's hard to be objective. The game's from 2000 but playing it I had hard time with my eyes. It hurt me so much so I got myself cheats to play it through quicker.
  10. Jul 24, 2014
    If I had actually payed for this game instead of getting it in a bundle, I'd be insulted.

Here's how the first and only 25 minutes of my experience with Hitman: Codename 47. Oh, hey, this game's by Eidos! I wonder if this will be as good as Deus Ex... Hmm, that's odd. The resolution is screwed up. The menu screen doesn't scale with the resolution. Oh well, it's not a problem. Let's

Oh, hey, this game's by Eidos! I wonder if this will be as good as Deus Ex... Hmm, that's odd. The resolution is screwed up. The menu screen doesn't scale with the resolution. Oh well, it's not a problem. Let's get started! Oh, a tutorial in which a strange voice literally congratulates me for stepping my low-poly body through a low-poly door and managing to dress myself in some low-poly clothes while explaining that I'm the best of the best? This must be a world where everyone is literally retarded, because I'm pretty sure walking and dressing oneself are wholly unimpressive qualities.

Oh well, so the tutorial's a bit crappy. I'm sure it gets better... what the hell? What's wrong with this control scheme? Numpad to walk? X to step backwards? Who designed this? Whatever, that's annoying but I can change most of it. Now... Okay what? Why can't I press this button? I need to press this button to continue but I can't!

Okay, after a minute of experiment with different angles of approach, I managed to press the down button on the elevator. Now I'm being congratualted for my ability to pick up a knife off the table, and...

Okay. What the hell. I'm locked in a tiny room with a practice dummy while the tutorial helpfully informs me that I can continue on my way through the door that is TOTALLY NOT LOCKED. I can't.... *Tries to open the door for five minutes.*

Well, I guess I'm restarting the tutorial. *Spends another five minutes trying to use the elevator again.* Okay, after twenty minutes of playing, I've finally managed to pick up a gun and successfully shoot it. Is it time to start now? **** Another elevator. I think I'm getting the hang of this; it's only taking thirty seconds of dicking around o call the elevator.

Hey look, a random dude. Should I talk to him? Wait, he just pulled out something that looks like a weapon. Crap, I should probably kill him. Annndd He just one-shot killed me. I guess that was supposed to happen, like maybe it's a cutscene?

Wait, this room looks familiar. What? WHAT THE F***? Why did it just start the game all over? Are you serious?! It took me twenty minutes to get past your damn tutorial, and with no explanation, you just sent an enemy at me who can kill me in one shot and instantly send me back to the start of the game?

Fine. Fine, I'll play through this. I'll get back to my area, and...

****.

The elevator closed without me in it. It won't open back up. I'm locked out.

**** this game.

1. I would not hesitate to recommend it to other gamers, but with the caution that you should be prepared for a game that probably won't fit neatly into any mental box you might have prepared for it.
  2. Daily Radar
    One of the coolest and most absorbing games we've played all year.
    I really had been looking forward to this one and it let me down in so many ways. If only it had been longer... If only the camera had been different... If only it had been a bit more mentally challenging.