7.5

1. Nov 1, 2010
    One of the only games ever with good game play and a good story. Shooting enemies with a shotgun makes them fly for five meters what is just AWESOME. Also the ending was really good and interesting.
  2. Jul 29, 2013
    Excellent game! Be sure to start with this one before you play the rest in the series. I actually like it very much that you can't save during a level (they added this in Hitman 2 and later). This made for a very difficult game and it was fun! It kind of felt a real achievement to progress. To keep this feeling, I played it on the highest difficult in the rest of the series.
  3. Sep 3, 2014
    Fantastic stealth game for it's time. Full of innovative ideas and giving you the option to role play the Hitman perfectly, always having lots of ways how to achieve your objective, varied and exotic locations, different types of missions and especially really good stealth mechanics, disguises and 100% tension thanks to the design decision not to give you saving options. Well, after I finished the ame I found out that you supposedly are able to save once during each mission, ut I finished the entire game without a single save and that's what made it so captivating and memorable. The sense of achievement after the finished mission was huge, but so was the frustration when I had to repeat missions countless times, or when I died just before the end and had to go all over, but that's what made it great and that's why the first Hitman is by far the best in the series. All the ideas come from here and tension have never been so strong ever again. 9/10 Expand

1. I would not hesitate to recommend it to other gamers, but with the caution that you should be prepared for a game that probably won't fit neatly into any mental box you might have prepared for it.
  2. One of the coolest and most absorbing games we've played all year.
    I really had been looking forward to this one and it let me down in so many ways. If only it had been longer... If only the camera had been different... If only it had been a bit more mentally challenging.