7.0

1. Oct 30, 2013
    This game was advertised as multiplayer co-op and it's not. May all liars burst into flame; they stole my money.

The idea of surviving by making cool things from items found in the environment is great, but the execution on this idea is abysmal. It really has the feel of a High School project.

The gameplay is dull and repetitive, the spawns are infinite giving everything you do a
    pointless feel.
    Building things might be interesting, except they managed to take all mystery out of that process.
  2. Oct 29, 2013
    I played this game for a few hours but gave up since it was pretty boring. Like the title says you run around the islands learning how to so survive and thats pretty much it. As for the technical part of the game well i wish I didn't have to go through the menu several times before continuing the game its annoying, the inventory is too small for this type of game where you rely on collecting stuff to survive. Expand
  3. Oct 26, 2013
    This is a solid game, dont expect a triple A game because it is not, but it is fun while you play it, the leveling up system and crafting makes the game interesting sadly the save system is atrocious, really it is the worst I've seen in quite some time (matching the silent hill downpour) the games only saves when you complete a quest or travel to another island, this is not a big problem when you begin the game(the island is rather small) but after a while you will need to play at least 40 min for a quest for example so you cant quit or anything or you will start all over again!! Dont let me save all the time well fine, but let me save when I sleep or when I put up a fire...
    A good game ruined by the save system..
  4. PVG
    Oct 30, 2013
    This game fell short. For a game that markets itself as a survival game feels much more like a poorly crafted RPG on some serious rails. There is no replay value and the combat system feels extremely repetitive after you cut through your first couple of mobs of zombies. The crafting and talent tree system seem like they were thrown in to just try to add depth to a very shallow game. The amount of positive user reviews is quite suspicious. Your money is honestly better spent elsewhere. Expand
  5. Oct 28, 2013
    The only point this game gets is for what they tried to achieve. The game is terribly linear, has horrible animations, and bad sounds and voice overs. The graphics are sub par. Now I know people are going to use the "but it's only $10" argument, but it's not really an excuse for a bad game. I have many games that are cheaper in price, but are far superior in quality.

Plus the developers
    and their forum cheerleaders are not very nice when you cordially express in your own opinion that the game is lackluster. They banned me from the Steam forums for "Flaming" when in fact I was the one being flamed and harassed and just defending my point of view. I never even resorted to name calling, like the assailants did to me.

I would not suggest this game to anyone but my worst enemy. It's comparable the whole WarZ debacle. A complete NO GO
  6. Nov 2, 2013
    just buy Dead Island instead. The "crafting" is tedious and the inventory is insanely small for a survival type game. I would suggest the developers make the inventory something like 50-60 slots instead of the 16 you get. It really gets old dropping items you may or may not need later. Overall it just wasn't fun and seemed more tedious than anything. I really wanted to like this game but sadly it didn't happen. Expand
  7. Oct 28, 2013

Plus the developers

1. Mar 11, 2014
    Surprisingly entertaining to play, it it just too easy. [Dec 2013]
  2. Dec 30, 2013
    Other rickety spots aside, How To Survive’s biggest issue is that it doesn’t do enough to keep you engaged across its short, repetitive campaign.
    Solid action RPG with some survival aspects that might help you make it through a boring day – but not any longer. [Issue#237]