5.9

1. Sep 8, 2012
    One of the biggest turds I've ever seen. The game attempts to pride itself on being a "Survival/Explorer" as it has the most linear maps of all time. Granted, survival and exploring is an illusion by itself, but the game literally prides itself of being an illusion of an illusion while having their biggest feature be a stamina bar and "Replays". Literally a few minutes in I get owned byOne of the biggest turds I've ever seen. The game attempts to pride itself on being a "Survival/Explorer" as it has the most linear maps of all time. Granted, survival and exploring is an illusion by itself, but the game literally prides itself of being an illusion of an illusion while having their biggest feature be a stamina bar and "Replays". Literally a few minutes in I get owned by enemy A with a gun around corner and after I died, i automatically use a replay to surprise said enemy with an instant melee attack around the corner just to freeze in-place and wait until the enemy shoots me down. LAZY, LAZY programming, obnoxious grain & bloom art and many situations of frustration if you do not know the exact patterns of which the developers wanted you to take. Expand
  2. Jan 20, 2013
    I´m **** would be right title of this ! If you get it for less than 2, 50 just have a try. But it´s absolutely idiotic scripted, and after the climbing over the bridge i try for plenty times to brake the gate lock chain, but its only hurts my finger and my conscious is gone... Somehow it reminds me of that ugly atmosphere of Alan Wake, even the woody figure movings. So thereI´m **** would be right title of this ! If you get it for less than 2, 50 just have a try. But it´s absolutely idiotic scripted, and after the climbing over the bridge i try for plenty times to brake the gate lock chain, but its only hurts my finger and my conscious is gone... Somehow it reminds me of that ugly atmosphere of Alan Wake, even the woody figure movings. So there are lot much better gems to play, dudes Expand
  3. Feb 23, 2013
    This game has an interesting, if unoriginal story, and a very nice sound track. However, it falls short in most other departments. The graphics are mediocre at best. The faded color palette can be forgiven as part of the style and mood of the game, but the grainy and coarse definition can't. It would be charitable to call this game "linear". It's almost a rail shooter. You are literallyThis game has an interesting, if unoriginal story, and a very nice sound track. However, it falls short in most other departments. The graphics are mediocre at best. The faded color palette can be forgiven as part of the style and mood of the game, but the grainy and coarse definition can't. It would be charitable to call this game "linear". It's almost a rail shooter. You are literally herded through a narrow pipeline and, to add insult to injury, when you go off in a slightly different direction, even if it's a dead end, the game prods you back in the right direction, as if there were any other option. The few NPCs you encounter are scripted and beyond their extremely brief scripted behaviour, you can't interact with them. Even the main character is practically scripted. You can jump and climb, but only in very specific places at very specific times. As a result, short as it is, the game quickly becomes predictable. The combat is shallow and almost as linear as the rest of the game. It's only barely more flexible than a fight in "The Walking Dead" game, and that's a point-and-click adventure where the fights are almost just a cut scene with mouse clicks! The climbing mechanics are decent, but repetitive, and it won't be long before you start signing and rolling your eyes at yet another thing to climb. Oh, and the main character, who is evidently a trained climber and is climbing for most of his days has the stamina of am asthmatic chipmunk. You'll be out of breath, fainting, and falling to your death just by hanging of a vertical pipe for a few seconds. The environment is dead. And I don't mean "post-apocalyptic dead", I mean that you can't interact with anything. You can't move objects, lift them, kick them, open doors, break glass, nothing. You're just walking through a painting. You can't even swing your machete in empty air to pass the time. The only time you can use it is when there's a target in front of you. The only things that hold this game together are a story that you want to see through and an ambiance that's due almost entirely to the soundtrack and the faded colors. Oh, I do have to give props to the voice acting, what little of it there is. It's no Oscar performance, but it's better than many big-budget games. For all its flaws, it's not a completely terrible way to pass a few hours. You decide how much that's worth to you and pay accordingly. Expand
  4. Feb 5, 2013
    Okay, this game has it's merits, but as I'm rating below the mid-point, I'll talk about it's bad points. First of all, the 'open-world' part of the game is a lie, all maps are split into even arcade-like segments with a particular path. A full city? Yeah, but you can't go down that street, that other street has a massive hole in it and that street in the distance has a car pileup. So youOkay, this game has it's merits, but as I'm rating below the mid-point, I'll talk about it's bad points. First of all, the 'open-world' part of the game is a lie, all maps are split into even arcade-like segments with a particular path. A full city? Yeah, but you can't go down that street, that other street has a massive hole in it and that street in the distance has a car pileup. So you end up snaking your way through a city in a predefined path. Another of it's bad points is inconsistency: There was a blocked road, with an ambulance in the foreground, so I was able to climb the ambulance and climb over the blocked path, great! Then I was doing a mission where I had to chase a little girl and I saw a path that would have cost me some valuable time, or another ambulance model, so I figured I'd hop the ambulance as before and cut her off but no... the ambulance was just an ambulance coloured invisible wall. I can climb some things but not others, and this was really irritating. Okay, here's the big one, the one that made this game a no-deal for me: You're climbing a rickety structure that looks as if it's going to fall over, you're feeling equal parts of vertigo and tenseness caused by the height and the environment; suddenly, you take a wrong step, and you fall to your death... but you don't, because every single ledge has an invisible wall stopping you from falling, so all the vertigo and tenseness disappear and you actually just don't care about climbing any more because it lacks danger. Expand
  5. Jun 15, 2014
    The game keeps players reloading and reloading and then forced them to reload the WHOLE level!I'm not sure if I've chosen the hardest difficulty.No matter,if you are a person without very much attention to the score,collectibles and achievements,just adjust the difficulty into easy to "just enjoy the story".The game keeps players reloading and reloading and then forced them to reload the WHOLE level!I'm not sure if I've chosen the hardest difficulty.No matter,if you are a person without very much attention to the score,collectibles and achievements,just adjust the difficulty into easy to "just enjoy the story".
    玩这个游戏难免会重装存档,再重装,之后强制从整个关卡开始部分重玩!我不确定是否选择了最高难度。无所谓了,如果你是个对评分,收集品和成就之类东西没多少兴趣的人,把难度调到“简单”,“欣赏故事就是了”。

Resource and climbing settings are terrible enough,alongside the saving game system,to destroy players‘ patience to keep trying to proceed.
    资源和攀爬设定实在可怕,这些和存档系统足够把玩家的耐心摧毁,让他们放弃继续尝试前进。

Climbing up a pole seems very hard and strength consuming,while climbing a ordinary,strong ladder also difficult enough to cost a bottle of water?Oddly,the character can open his inventory,grab a pill or a bottle of water and have it while climbing a pole,with stamina decreasing.I though it is an action game,right?
    爬杆或许比较累人,会消耗大量体力,但是爬一个普通的,完整,结实的梯子也会费劲到要花费一瓶水吗?奇怪的是,角色在爬杆子消耗大量耐力值的同时居然可以打开背包,拿出药片或是一瓶水然后吃或喝。我认为这是个动作游戏,对吧?

Lost patience to try more,when I played this.
    玩的时候,我已然没有了耐心继续尝试。

The idea and the graphics style are already good,and the whole game should have been better.
    创意和画面风格已经够好了,但是游戏整体本该更好的。
  6. Oct 31, 2013
    The game couldn't live up to my expectations. There are certain aspects in gameplay and design that make this game look really bad. The first thing you run across is the bad graphic even on highest settings. It looks like it's running on a console but it certainly doesn't look like a PC game. The three years older Mirror's Edge for example has by far better textures, animations andThe game couldn't live up to my expectations. There are certain aspects in gameplay and design that make this game look really bad. The first thing you run across is the bad graphic even on highest settings. It looks like it's running on a console but it certainly doesn't look like a PC game. The three years older Mirror's Edge for example has by far better textures, animations and details. Then there is this mouse lag, which slows down your camera movement by 99% for one second and suddenly disappears again. This happens at least once a minute. Then there are popping up gameplay tips all the time and again and again the same tip until you leave the area. Of course, you can't turn them off and are they are enabled by default even on the highest difficulty. Gameplay wise, i don't like the stamina mechanic at all. You hang up there in the air catching your breath and as soon as you finished drinking your bottle of water with one hand you can go on? Meh. Overall a pretty meh game and disappoints in many aspects early on in the game. Expand
  7. Feb 17, 2014
    Just got bored with the mechanics and couldn't get through the first fight. is it that interesting to add micromanagement to climbing sequences? fights.. meh.
  8. Dec 22, 2012
    I am alive is above all else a great opportunity missed. The biggest complaint would be the length - *taking your time* you will complete this in 4-5 hrs. I also have an issue with the general gameplay, you pretty much cannot fall off anything. So even walking a narrow bit of track many stories high with certain death if you fell, you dont feel anything as you just walk/run forward withoutI am alive is above all else a great opportunity missed. The biggest complaint would be the length - *taking your time* you will complete this in 4-5 hrs. I also have an issue with the general gameplay, you pretty much cannot fall off anything. So even walking a narrow bit of track many stories high with certain death if you fell, you dont feel anything as you just walk/run forward without a care. My last main complaint would be that your weapons and gadgets expand far too late, the game is short enough, why give you some neat items to let you get around and add some gameplay only half way thru AND under use it :s Those are the negatives, it does have its share of upsides too! The atmosphere is great, the stamina gauge adds something to what would otherwise be a boring affair scaling building etc and altho the combat does get repetitive, its a decent change from the norm (could be better, but its nice to see something a lil different from time to time). Its pretty linear, which could be seen as a negative, but tbh, with little to gain apart from achivs, I dont really want a huge world to explore (unless they tweaked the gameplay and gave u more to do). In summary - this is a once-play title (no online/coop/other modes/not many achivs and only a few people would be bothered playing it again to collect them all), with good atmosphere and detailed environments (when you can make them out!). An uninspiring engine, unoriginal story and extremely short campaign will disappoint. Get it on the cheap if your interested. Expand
  9. Jan 6, 2013
    To describe it with one word: this game is FRUSTRATING. The setting is nice, the storytelling and development is good, and graphics are OK. However, everything is spoiled by the crappy save system (or rather, the lack of it). From playing other checkpoint based games, we are used to repeating some areas of a game over and over. But normally, these areas cover some minutes at most. NotTo describe it with one word: this game is FRUSTRATING. The setting is nice, the storytelling and development is good, and graphics are OK. However, everything is spoiled by the crappy save system (or rather, the lack of it). From playing other checkpoint based games, we are used to repeating some areas of a game over and over. But normally, these areas cover some minutes at most. Not here. It can be easily up to 30-45 minutes you have to replay after dying the third time in a row. This might be fine for the few masochist players around. For me, it's no fun at all, it's just VERY boring. Worse: you cannot just quit the game when you want, because this will also force you to restart a LONG way back. To sum it up: if this game had five times the number of checkpoints it has now, it could be a nice game. In the current state, it's for masochist hardcore players only. Expand
  10. Dec 21, 2012
    Alternate title: Climbing Simulator 2012

In this game, You're a total badass that can't hold onto a ledge with foot supports for more that 15 seconds.

Wait what?
  11. Oct 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm an older player and I'm getting more and more in to the story driven games rather then the FPS genre. The story line is interesting enough and I regret that I wasn't able to find all possible survivors in the game. It is more of a puzzler game that you play at leisure, take your time with and figure out the way the level is built and how to best tackle the enemies.

The game is very monochromatic. To me it underlines the desolate and grim isolation the player is in this game. It sets a great mood, dark, gloomy, surreal that a game like this needs.
    I got a rush out of knowing to have to get it right or I would have to do the whole level over again. I am glad however that the creators allowed for a limited amount of continues on each level.

One major down side was that I was fully expecting to find out why the city is in ruins and find my way out. The ending was anticlimactic because you don't know what happened at the end. Almost like the creators ran out of money or storyline and just ended up finishing abruptly. This game SCREAMS for a sequel!

That said, I wouldn't finish a game if I didn't like it enough.
  12. Sep 11, 2012
    Quote: "PC users should be more than happy to enjoy this peculiar survival game"

No thanks, we not happy with this peculiar but not good game. Ruined city is beautiful, but gameplay is terrible.
  13. Sep 9, 2012
    This game is a perfect example on how not to make a game difficult - most of my deaths in this game where the result of enemy encounters. They attempt to make the "combat" hard by limiting ammo for your weapons... ok. that might be interesting for one, maybe two encounters. after that it's just a repeat of the same thing over and over. Shoot the guy with the gun and if you already ran outThis game is a perfect example on how not to make a game difficult - most of my deaths in this game where the result of enemy encounters. They attempt to make the "combat" hard by limiting ammo for your weapons... ok. that might be interesting for one, maybe two encounters. after that it's just a repeat of the same thing over and over. Shoot the guy with the gun and if you already ran out of bullets try to fool them. Oh now they have body armor - use the clunky free aim mechanics to shoot the one guy in the head... The rest of the game consists of running around in dust and climbing buildings - no challenge in that at all.
    The whole stamina mechanic is yet another attempt to make a boring game harder - you have a limited amount of stamina that gets depleted by running, walking in dust and climbing. This forces you to look for ledges while climbing or higher ground while walking around the city. saving other survivors may see to be rewarding but you don't actually gain anything from it - it feels more like an attempt to make the game longer.

The PC version is a bad port (1.0). The game is stable but in my case tends to forget it's settings, i gave up and just played in 720p windowed mode because it never saved the screen res. Xbox Controller support for this game is broken, KB + Mouse works but derps at some points if you try to climb down.
    The camera controls are probably better on controller - i had a hard time looking around in some hallways with KB+M.

In conclusion ... for me this was a 5h game - i spend at least an hour in total wandering around the dust totally lost because i always had to climb up for air, i spend at least 30 minutes with deaths due to the totally unnecessary combat (28 deaths, i believe 3 of them by actually failing at something other than combat) and the rest of the time with the actual game. The story was ... well a story - if you are actually playing this for the story you are going to be disappointed by the end.
  14. Jan 18, 2013
    I tried liking this game! But the graphics are bad, black and white with a cheesy fog effect. the game is very linear for a game with these graphics I was expecting it to be more open. and worst of all is the gameplay. The climbing is "ok" but the combat is just awful.
  15. Jan 3, 2013
    Not a very good game. For under £5 it's not a big loss, but the controls are terrible and the cameplay mechnics are very weak. It's also completely linear - which is about the opposite of what I want in a survival game.
  16. Jun 14, 2013
    This could have been so much better, but it feels very dull, boring and repetitive. Most of the time you spend climbing buildings and stuff. The black and white and the fog effect is terrible and killed the experience for me.
    The story is meh.
  17. Raz
    Jan 5, 2013
    Love it! There are a few things I would improve on like the linear story is a little not so good, the fact that you cannot just jump wherever you want or have to obey the level designers directions. This game engine put in an open world would be the perfect game!
  18. Sep 26, 2013
    well its not the game of the year but for a staggering 14$ on steam this is an great title that i was enthralled with through the entire campaign for the low budget it is truly brilliant what was don't here could very easily pass as a AAA title. Only con is its not long enough witch is a good thing because i wanted to keep playing an progressing. I just don't understand what people wantwell its not the game of the year but for a staggering 14$ on steam this is an great title that i was enthralled with through the entire campaign for the low budget it is truly brilliant what was don't here could very easily pass as a AAA title. Only con is its not long enough witch is a good thing because i wanted to keep playing an progressing. I just don't understand what people want from this title giving it 1-2 and 0's for what it is a great game a 7 in my book. Expand
  19. Feb 16, 2013
    It has the making of a fantastic game... but the the game play is rather slow and extremely frustrating with sticky movement while climbing... the most frustrating thing would have to be the save and checkpoint system... I personally couldn't deal with save points 10-15 minutes apart just to die in the same frustrating way over and over just a disappointment.
  20. Feb 17, 2013
    I don't know if it was just me, but this game is broken, there were many textures that wouldn't load, the 'un loaded gun' method wouldn't even work, and because of some of these errors I wasn't even able to fully play the game. This game isn't bad, it's just broken.
  21. Feb 22, 2014
    Pretty bad. The premise was promising but a combination of terrible combat mechanics and the totally linear make this game a chore to play. It's a shame really because some of the ambient and environment graphics are very nicely done. Some of the puzzle/jumping sequences are somewhat fun and challenging but perhaps they stand out because of the incredible badness of the other parts of thePretty bad. The premise was promising but a combination of terrible combat mechanics and the totally linear make this game a chore to play. It's a shame really because some of the ambient and environment graphics are very nicely done. Some of the puzzle/jumping sequences are somewhat fun and challenging but perhaps they stand out because of the incredible badness of the other parts of the gameplay. Expand
  22. Apr 18, 2014
    I really enjoyed this game. It is simple and elegant. You start off by entering the city looking for your wife and daughter. You soon realize they are gone and on your way out you spot a little girl. Not being able to just let her wander on her own you decide to help her get back home and it goes from there.

There is alot of climbing, swinging and fighting in this game. Your reserves

There is alot of climbing, swinging and fighting in this game. Your reserves are VERY limited. More often than not you meet a group of foes with just 1 bullet and have to make due. After a series of earthquakes and the "event" that soon ensued, the entire city is filled with dust that seriously inhibit you field of view.

You have a health and a stamina meter you will have to manage carefully. The climbing mechanics are solid, dont know why people are so negative to this game, I will end this review with my theory on this. Every time you climb you use up stamina. With help from ledges and pivots you can regain your stamina while climbing. The story is not the best ever, one of the parts however is played by the same guy who plays Adam Jensen, the lead character in Deus Ex Human Revolution. In this game he only has a supporting role, should say something about the quality on the voice acting. Not bad, not bad at all.

Why people does not like this.

One would be the combat. they think the can rush in and take out 3 guys with one bullet. The only one who has ever been able to do this is Oswald in Dallas (if you believe the Warren commission). You have to take out the leader of the gang and threaten the other ones. You make them step back on to a ledge or right next to a fire and kick them over the ledge or in to the fire. There are all sorts of ways to win.

The other might be visibility. You have map that aren´t so detailed and there is no "radar" or arrow in the ground like Bioshock Infinite. It can be real tricky to find you way forward on map that can scale 5 levels up through a building and stuff like that.

It´s like this. negative people will always find the bad things, in everything from games to real life, all they ever do is complain. Then we have the optimists who can actually enjoy games that are no blockbusters like this one. Like my bro in law, I enjoyed this and will tell him so. i would bet my left testi that he will say it sucked and start complaining like he always do.
  23. Nov 1, 2013
    It's just so close to being good! The environment and storyline is pretty decent, but they failed at execution. The game is 100% linear, which gets boring fast. The combat is extremely repetitive and is only difficult because of the bad combat controls. And the worst part! The checkpoints are often very far apart, so, if you die in combat because of the awful controls, you get to repeatIt's just so close to being good! The environment and storyline is pretty decent, but they failed at execution. The game is 100% linear, which gets boring fast. The combat is extremely repetitive and is only difficult because of the bad combat controls. And the worst part! The checkpoints are often very far apart, so, if you die in combat because of the awful controls, you get to repeat more repetitive climbing challenges for the privilege of trying the combat again! Expand
  24. Nov 8, 2013
    Let's wrap this up because I don't wanna take time in rating a game that hasn't been programed with "time taking" either (you catch my drift):

Graphics: Who on earth can just look for 2 meters and then sees everything blooming except for those who are really near sighted? (no offence!) I understand if one can't see while in a heavy dust cloud but other than that you should be able to

Graphics:
    Who on earth can just look for 2 meters and then sees everything blooming except for those who are really near sighted? (no offence!) I understand if one can't see while in a heavy dust cloud but other than that you should be able to see your surroundings but oh, I can see why the developers thought of that, so no one can see those crappy graphics and little detail in the game. Structures, buildings, junk and so on is repeatedly used actually there is no shame in that but it hasn't been done well.

Since graphics isn't everything...

Story:
    Yeah... well. Let's leave it at that.

Climbing:
    Your character can climb. That is good. Like Lara Croft? Certainly not! Your guy is just a very shoddy copy of the vibrant lady you got to know over the years. Additionally you have an annoying stamina bar which always reminds you how done you are climbing. This might be a nice gimmick but since you can't by any chance check out your supposed route because you are half blind (see above) you will fail several times and that's not even your fault!

Combat:
    Again, repetitions. Combats always replay themselves. Kill the guy with a gun, then the others. Or surprise the one guy with the gun, shoot the other guy also having a gun, intimidate the rest or slay them. Body armor was also introduced and is just another annoyance so you can free aim btw I played the PC version but if you are suddenly forced to use free aim you know that hasn't been programmed well either and hit the guy in the head either with a crossbow or something else. Also if you're trying to run away and jump down 1.5 meters the game just won't let you losing armor or worse die. The game does not create a realistic environment in which you can move as you wish but limits the player to the linear crap it is pulling :(

Controls:
    Way to complicated. A million buttons for someone who actually can't do jack.

Why 2/10 points?

The idea of the game is good and I like the protagonist even if he is not displayed interesting for the player. But you could've done something and this game HAD potential. This is why 2/10 points.
    BOO for the programmers though and I can't understand the sentence: "If you want to do survival, you do it right" (in a positive sense, by gametrailers.com in their review trailer). They absolutely DIDN'T DO it right!
  25. Oct 2, 2012
    Truly one of the best games I've ever seen. The game is a sweet Survival game with well thought out linear maps. The cool replay feature is fun, giving you time to think of other options to replay a scene - cool!. Graphix are decent, and the price was right .
  26. Sep 12, 2012
    I Am Alive is a low-budget post-apocalyptic survival game that fails to deliver due to poor execution. Ultimately, you end up with a rather unremarkable game, even considering the $15 price-tag. This game is essentially a clunky and unforgiving button-mashing combat system tacked on to an equally clunky climbing game. The graphics feel outdated and exist solely within a very bland colorI Am Alive is a low-budget post-apocalyptic survival game that fails to deliver due to poor execution. Ultimately, you end up with a rather unremarkable game, even considering the $15 price-tag. This game is essentially a clunky and unforgiving button-mashing combat system tacked on to an equally clunky climbing game. The graphics feel outdated and exist solely within a very bland color palette. It looks nice and atmospheric at first but you quickly wish there was more to this game design than putting grey dust everywhere. The level design is linear and there is only one way to advance. Don't expect a lot of exploration, but do expect to be following on-screen hints as to what to do next -- MOST of the time that is, because you will likely end up scratching your head for a while when the hints fail to guide towards the golden path. The worst thing is definitely the automatic save/retry system, which reloads from one of the few and far between checkpoints while you're playing the game. However, if you have to quit the game and come back later you're likely to have to restart the whole level. This can be both time consuming and frustrating, and contributes to a growing impression that I am not going to bother completing my play-through. It's not like I was expecting I Am Alive to be another Fallout 3, but frankly I wish I was playing the latter. Expand
  27. Sep 12, 2012
    Another game where player feels more like being a puppet. You can only do things what developers want you to do. No freedom what so ever. Mixed with terrible combat, washed out graphics and forgettable story.
  28. Sep 13, 2012
    Playing the game feels like you are playing it through thick gloves. The controls are very clunky, every action is simple button-smashing (why do I need to ruin my mouse just to open a simple door?) and the combat is very repetitive. There are way too much useless game flow interruptions. For example these hint boxes that stop the game just to tell you something that is obvious or thePlaying the game feels like you are playing it through thick gloves. The controls are very clunky, every action is simple button-smashing (why do I need to ruin my mouse just to open a simple door?) and the combat is very repetitive. There are way too much useless game flow interruptions. For example these hint boxes that stop the game just to tell you something that is obvious or the game already told you at least 10 times before. And it takes ages until the game gives you back control of your character.
    The level design is ultra linear, no choices to make. And after climbing up to locations that can only be reached by professional free climbers you will find a gang of people who are waiting for you. And thanks to the stamina system climbing makes no fun at all.
  29. Sep 10, 2012
    Just bought it off Steam (also came with something called 'Bloody Good Time', which looks a bit lame). Right off the bat it's not really worth 17 bucks. $10 flat. Here's why. 1) the graphics are okay, and run reasonably smoothly, but the difference between the landscape and your character is very distinct, and it draws you right out of the immersive experience. The landscape is all softJust bought it off Steam (also came with something called 'Bloody Good Time', which looks a bit lame). Right off the bat it's not really worth 17 bucks. $10 flat. Here's why. 1) the graphics are okay, and run reasonably smoothly, but the difference between the landscape and your character is very distinct, and it draws you right out of the immersive experience. The landscape is all soft and grainy, and your character is high contrast and sharp lines. Looks terrible. Very amateurish. 2) the movement controls suck. You have to press space to start to climb, and then when you're climbing you press 'w' to go up, but then to pull yourself up, you have to press space again. Why not just let me keep pressing 'w' for up? The movement is also a little clunky, but not too bad. 3) everything appears to be static. That shopping trolley in the middle of the street? Stuck to the ground. Super-glued there, in fact. Yes, it's only a 2GB game, but that is pretty lame. 4) Very linear map, which isn't too bad, but, again, it draws you out of the game. The idea of exploring this strange world is less fun when your route is boxed in and confined. Again, only a 2GB game, but even a few extra routes to add to the illusion would help. 5) mouse-button-mashing combat system. For some reason, whenever I play a game that requires regular button mashing (especially mouse buttons), I think "low quality", and lo and behold, here we have that very thing. It screams console-kiddie games, and is an insult to PC gamers in my opinion. I have an entire frigging keyboard - just let me press the space bar or something, you dipsticks. I've only played it for about an hour, and it looks okay so far, but there are some very simple things the developer should have done. Yes, I know it's cheap and small in size, but things like these are very important for the gaming experience. I hope there's a significant amount of content to make up for the above shortcomings, but only time will tell. I'm giving it a 6 out of 10, but only because I haven't finished it yet. We'll see how it ends up. Get it when the price has been discounted. Expand
  30. Sep 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. I hate linear-like-a-corridor games. I hate checkpoint games. I hate games that don't let you save your progress whenever you want. I hate games that despite offering me graphic detail and effects adjustments, it still looks rubbish with everything on maximum, on a high-end machine. I hate games that don't let you have freedom and total control over your character, and only let you perform certain actions in designated areas. Most of all, I hate console ports to PC with a passion. Despite all that, I still wanted to give this game a try, and I have to say I was enjoying it for the first two hours. I had already left the apartment and was chasing the little girl, then my character died while fighting the three thugs. It's fine, I don't mind that, really don't. Just load the last save, right? Wrong. The last save was done at the sewage entrance, something like 90 minutes worth of playtime for me, since I was 'exploring' the map (while pretending it was an 'open world' kind of a game), searching for supplies, and getting used to the game controls. The character is almost always outnumbered and under-equipped, so it will die a lot along the way. Not that I mind that, as I said, but with such rubbish save system, there is absolutely no way I am going to keep playing this game. Shame I paid 15 bucks for that. Still, I'll give it a score of 3, based on the first two hours. But my advice? If you are thinking of buying it, save your money. Go to the cinema instead, if you feel like spending it. *** UPDATE: Having only one bullet in your pistol and a machete, how can you possibly defeat a gang of four thugs, two of them armed with pistols that seem to have infinite ammo? Well, you can surprise kill one of them magic pistol guys, but before you finish, your character is already dead meat. Anyway, I tried it again, and went as far as finding the medicine for the little girl. I was trying really hard to enjoy it, thinking "hey, just do it for the challenge, man!", but the character ended up dying so many times that I got really frustrated and angry, and this is no good. I just deleted the game, and I am not going back to it. Collapse

Bold and fresh, despite its shortcomings. Moreover, if the original vision of the developers had been fully fleshed out, this would have been one of the best games of the year. [November 2012]
    Original survival horror is perfect in setting up a grim atmosphere. You can find many flaws in the game but there are very strong moments which make the game worth trying. [Nov 2012]
  3. Oct 28, 2012