• Publisher: Atari
  • Release Date: Oct 2, 2005
8.4

1. Dec 14, 2012
    Insultingly stupid. The game has a difficult-enough time trying to make the lousy dialogue interesting by adding quick time events to conversations, but then it has one of the worst stories I've ever heard in a video game! I wish I could be exaggerating, but just look it up on Wikipedia if you don't believe me. QTE is no way to play a game, especially a linear one.
  2. Mar 6, 2011
    Simply thinking of this game makes me shiver. You see, QTE's are only good when not Under/Overused, other wise they either get annoying (Under) and unexpected, and repetetive (Over) and dull. The controls make me wanna punch baby's. Terrible tnak-controls and redundant QTE's = Farenheit. The plot is just completley retarted, and the action is just nerve-wrackingly-Awful. I'm suprised I hasted 8 hours of my life on this peice of ****

F*ck you steam for making me interested in buying it!
  3. Jan 2, 2011
    In short, this game is a steaming pile of crap. Don't buy it. It relies on the (theoretically) interesting concept of making you perform every mundane in-game action either by doing a combination of button-presses, or by playing a game of "simon." This unfortunately gets sour very quickly, becoming at best monotonous, and at worst downright punishing as you'll be forced to replay the same segments of the game over and over again, without any way to skip through the (occasionally lengthy) in-game cutscenes. As other reviewers have mentioned, using a gamepad is absolutely necessary to properly control this game, however even with the correct control device, it's still an awful game. Additionally, the story takes a dump during the last 1/3 of the game and finishes in such an anticlimactic and absurd way that it effectively makes the previous 2/3 of the game a complete waste. Avoid if you enjoy having fun. Expand
  4. Oct 26, 2013
    What is wrong with you people? The writing is horrible in this game, everything is uninspired. The plot has massive glaring faults in it, and David Cage just throws whatever he feels like into the plot.
    David Cage is a failure of the game design.

1. A classic adventure pumped up with massive doses of adrenaline. [Nov 2005, p.82]
  2. Fahrenheit features a fascinating, ever evolving storyline that really does change in real time depending on your actions.
  3. It's about halfway through Fahrenheit that the wheels start to wobble. The game begins to veer away from its complex murder-mystery beginnings into the realm of pure fantasy, with a final chapter that can be hard to stomach.