1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 3939 Ratings

1. Dec 26, 2012
    The War Z is one of the biggest failures in gaming history. There is ZERO REDEEMING QUALITIES about this hunk of garbage, not to even mention the poor support from Hammerstein Studios. The company has literally been caught lying and cheating the public and now faces criminal prosecution from the American government. Syrup or jelly Sergey?
  2. Dec 18, 2012
    Game is one step short of extortion...built solely to lure people in with hype and suck their wallets dry with micro-transactions for items you lose the second you die...or to revive your character before the FOUR HOUR downtime if your character is killed. Game looks completely unfinished and plays like a bad joke. Sound and texture are both below previous CONSOLE levels (meaning the PS2 had better looking and better sounding games than WarZ turned out to be). Just really, really bad. Spend the $15 somewhere else...this will quickly fall into the shadowy realm of forgotten Steam games...unfortunately, your money will never come back.

Finally, DO NOT support game developers that do not respect you. This game is a blatant show of disrespect to all gamers unfortunate enough to purchase it. It is a slap right in the face. DON'T support people like that. Find the true indy game developers out there trying to make a good game that people will ENJOY...not just something that will line their pockets...and support them instead.
  3. KD3
    May 31, 2013
    This is literally the worst game I have ever played. Do not buy this. Do not even look at it. It is extremely buggy and is full of hackers. The graphics are terrible and the textures will make you want to vomit. Overall a horrifyingly bad game. Stay well away from this one.
  4. Dec 18, 2012
    1 point for having a go at making a game. Its not a MMO, or a Zombie Survival Game. But really a PvP game (and not a good one at that). Very little has been implemented. Hackers are everywhere. Barely even an Alpha (no where near a beta standard). Forums were hacked with NO backups made previously. The community lost a lot of very useful information for new players, that many people had put hours and hours of effort in to make.

If you say the wrong thing you will be banned from the game forums. Abusive dev team (one guy in particular).

There is a chance that major rework of most of the game could make it somewhere near what was advertised, and what many of us bought the game for.
    But the recent actions by the developers are pushing further and further away from this.

Better off to buy an ice cream. More enjoyment for a longer period.

If you are still not sure....go watch some game play videos (don't look at images as they are doctored to look better), read the steam and game forums.
  5. Dec 18, 2012
    Piss poor Zombie AI
    No survival aspects
    Pay-to-win
    Shoddy, unprofessional company
    Forums are more censored than North Korean media
    Terrible gameplay
    Terrible visuals
    FOV gave me motion sickness.
    Choppy combat and movement

Your game is bad and you should feel bad.
  6. Dec 19, 2012
    Ok, so got this on the steam sale. I am an experienced gamer. developer and Software tester. From my first tests to my last. This has been an horrifying experience. This is by far the worst title I have looked at in 2012. Nothing more than a money making scam on a broken game.
  7. Dec 19, 2012
    Biggest scam ever on Steam, they sell an alpha and the store page talk about features not available yet.
    Maybe in 1 year of development this will get somewhere but do not buy it now.
  8. Jan 9, 2013
  9. Dec 18, 2012
    Meecrob. That's the only world that properly describes this game. Most people are already aware how much of a terrible rip-off this game is, as it does not deliver on any of it's promises.
  10. Dec 19, 2012
    1- Poor community in-game 2- They push back basic features, and they did it many times 3- Purchase the game on steam for as cheap as the packages that were not available anymore 4- Hackers (less, but still) 5- Lack of significant patches (not many items are actually implanted) 6- Very hard to play by yourself (the way the game is made) 7- The map is stunningly smaller than it was announced to be Expand
  11. Dec 18, 2012
    Bought in November, things looked hopeful then. Now there are mass, unjustified bans, a Community Manager who trash talks community members for constructive feedback not only in the Warning forums but on twitter and Steam too. All features promised have yet to arrive, but hey, there is pay to revive now, that will fix everything in this broken piece of rushed crap. Do some research and save yourself some $ and frustration. Expand
  12. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is horrible, the graphics I have not seen as bad since playstation. Graphics aside its a stupid game if you die it takes four hours to respawn. Who thought that was a good idea? This game should be free 2 play but it is a pay to play game, you ahve to buy the game and the only way to play it once you buy it is to keep paying to respawn since 9 times out of 10 you will die out of spawn in under 2 minutes. Expand
  13. Dec 18, 2012
    This is by far one of the very worse games i have ever played and i have been playing video games sense the late 70's, it has no objectives or anything resembling a mission, all you do is walk around for hours to get anywhere just to die by a horde our get killed by another player when you get to where ya wanna be.
    So many things are broken about it, if you die it can be hours before you
    can respawn unless you pay real money for it and when you do you start without the items you originally started with which is crucial.
    Warning! don't buy items from market unless your willing to lose them upon death, this game is nothing more than a money maker.
  14. Dec 18, 2012
    The game is a rushed DayZ ripoff, that promised more and delivered less. Also Its pretty lame that the lead dev started a post in the WarZ forums for players to come on here and rate the game. That's how I got here.
  15. Dec 18, 2012
    One of the biggest lies in history of games. A re-skinned game from the producers of Big Rig Racing (the worst game in human history - search). It is based on popular name (DayZ) and tries to milk in as much cash as possible until people figure it out. It is unfinished, has fake screenshots, fake movies, similar name for confusion, copy-pasted ToS from League of Legends, censored forums, no refunds policy (illegal), random bans ingame, forces people to give high ratings on metacritic (that's why the max positive ones). Changed prices (lowered them so old users from alpha are screwed and have nothing extra), uses real money for everything ingame (respawn even!), has only 1 map and that is plain boring with nothing on it. This is not about the money anymore. Please don't spend even one cent and spread word so people don't fall into a trap like this and make PC gaming industry a cleaner one. Don't encourage this type of behavior if you want better games in future. Expand
  16. Dec 19, 2012
    The creator of this game is currently begging his users to vote for this game so they can squeeze as much money as possible before they dump the game in 6 months. They have already told staff once the money flow slows down they will then drop support for the game. The game is not even past beta and they have already setup a a date for which they are dropping support. Do not buy this game as they are currently breaking the law forcing you to sign a TOS which means you can't get a refund. They did this because everyone wanted a refund on the game because it was a direct port over from Warz engine and they quickly added some terrible textures. - The game has horrible textures even on the highest settings.

- The game is Pay to win meaning even though you paid for this garbage game they still want you to pay for things like instant revival on your character.

- The devs on the steam forums, warz subreddit and the forums censor it removing any negative posts. - sergeytitov the main dev is begging people to give this game a higher score because of how bad it is.

Stay away from this game!
  17. Dec 19, 2012
    They asked for money for great deals , I though I was getting a great deal .

They said the game was $30 but I could get it for $20 since it was still in alpha !!! Then it was on $13 on steam on release, and since then they only unlocked the map ... nothing more happened.
  18. Dec 19, 2012
    crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game Expand
  19. Jan 2, 2013
    I'm actually going to try and just list facts and be as unbiased as I can when I write this review,.

In a pre release interview to GamerPlatoon, Sergey talks about the features of his upcoming Alpha which is set to be released soon. What's worth noting his how he talks about his ant hack system and direct quote "Our next step was to create early detection system - system that will allow
    us to detect if certain types of hacks are used and to automatically ban players who're using hacks or cheat programs. As of today this detection system is able to detect roughly 99% of all hack attempts and either will ban users automatically and kick them from server"

So a few months down the line after the game has been through Alpha/Beta and pushed as a retail ready game under the title of foundation release. How are things looking? Well hacking is probably the most pressing concern of right now, you only have to go on you tube to see the amount of hacks available and currently in use. The fact that Kewk openly admitted hackers only got banned after video evidence was produced.. makes you think the anti cheat system they claimed to have simply wasnt working as claimed.

Promised features. Despite receiving $4 million in funding from Arktos entertainment and being in development for two years as claimed by the devs. The game launched into Alpha with hardly any of it's features implemented, not even the map was complete. Out of the list of many features which include skills tree's and vehicles, only clans had been implemented so far. And even that did not go without a hitch. When released despite being promised as a core feature and the promise of no hidden fee's, players initially had to purchase the right to even start a clan. However after severe backlash they dd reverse the decision. It might not be pay to win, but it is pay to play with a feature you were promised from the start ad yet another example of Hammerpoint fialing to live up to it's word.

This is far from the only controversial move by the company though. Despite an already lackluster release onto steam which in the end led to Steam taking the game down of it's store page. Steam on the issue said "We apologize for this and have temporary removed the sale offering of the title until we have time to work with the developer and have confidence in a new build" Many steam users cited that the game advertised many things as existing features such as Private servers, that actualy were not in game yet and still are not as of me writing this review. It looks like many features will be pushed back further due to the hacking issue. On the hacking issue it's worth noting that the hackers have managed to implement a friend feature, something the devs have been unable to do themselves as a core feature so far.

Staying on a similar theme and to touch on graphics, another complaint often voiced is that the screenshots are misleading and not actually in game footage. RussianKalibre/RomanS the lead Art developer has stated this is simply because the game despite being in foundation release, is not yet fully optimized. These screenshos do in fact display areas which did not even make it to the full game but quote "Just too cool of an idea not to take a screenshot of" They also include features which are not implemented yet such as a car being driven, zombies eating bodies. No where did it state or notify that these were from a different build or staged.

In the light of all this you would think the devs would keep there heads down and avoid causing any more disruption to the community? Well right about the time of steam release, they upped the revival time from 1 hour to 4 hours,and placed a link to a micro transaction feature where players could revive instantly if they parted with cash for in game currency.

I could go on and on, I havnt really touched on the actual feel of the game play, or many game mechanics. But there is not actually much to do In game currently apart from salvage items and engage in PvP. And currently you can;t do that without hackers being a big risk. Hackers have even managed to find a way to kill people in safe zones now, an area were it's not even meant to be possible to engage in combat.

But yeah these are the sort of issues which this dev team faces and seems to create, for itself. The game is about 35% complete despite being released and out of Alpha/beta testing, and the only thing players can do is hope the features are released to a satisfactory level and within a reasonable time frame, but the devs inability and general attitude (The lead Dev has called it's player base homosexual slurs for engaging in sniping) then looking at their track record, it doesn't look good. I have tried to stick to facts, but my opinion is this game will be abandoned before long just like War Inc was by them previously. I would avoid this game by miles.
  20. Jan 1, 2013
    This is, without a doubt, one of the WORST GAMES I'VE EVER PLAYED! The textures are repugnant, the weapons are scarce and practically non-existant, and the animation is just pathetic. The in-game market place is worthless, they expect you to pay money for this? Good Lord! It's obviously unfinished, they just rushed this out because it was a hot topic because of the Day Z. This is a disgrace to gaming everywhere, and the censorship and the mass banning on the forums I've heard of doesn't help their case. Shame on you, Hammerpoint. DON'T BUY THIS PIECE OF CRAP!!! Expand
  21. Jan 20, 2013
    I couldn't wait. I loved DayZ. This game dissapointed. It was a buggy rundown mess. I come to video games for fun. Not for a chore, this is a chore %99 **** %1 a bit of fun gameplay when it works. There is so many glitches, sometimes I can't see myself, enemys, other players, my weapon, the trees, the floor or everything. Sometimes zombies fly across like "SUPER PROJECTILE INCOMING" sometimes I do that, sometimes the trees. Sometimes zombies look like humans, or trees like the floor, yeah you get the pattern here. I could press a button to pick something up and my character crouches. Then I do it again and I press the same button, and I pick it up -_-. Bad controls, lots of glitches, boring gameplay and a obviously rushed and made for money and to gain popularity. This earns 1/10, simply because there was that %1 of the game which lasted about 5 minutes where it worked. Expand
  22. Dec 18, 2012
    There is something truly evil about a video game developer that lies to people and spits in the face of it's community. From the start they were deceitful claiming they had the idea for a zombie survival game before DayZ...yeah that's like me saying I had the Idea for a zombie game when I was 10. Noone cares until someone comes along and does it. DayZ did it first, and did it best. This game WarZ, well I don't call it a game, it's more of a scam actually. So this scam that is the WarZ has basically tried to twist people into believing they have been developing the game for a few years. The truth is they had developed a rather crappy game called War Inc a few years ago, and when DayZ became popular they thought that they could cash in on the zombie survival phenomenon using their already existing engine. So by them stating the game was in development for years is basically them saying they had the engine done years ago and insulting anyone with a brain because it's easy to see this is just the same engine War Inc runs on....with zombies thrown in and the map stretched out with a bit of poor coding. I would guess the game has actually only been in development from about 6 months before this initial release. After playing the alpha it was clear they had made this mess of a game with the intent to rush it out as quickly as possible and to take as much money from people as quickly as possible. With the whole micro transaction one of the "key features" more implemented than actual zombie coding and bug fixes. Plus the whole idea of micro transactions defeats the purpose of a zombie survival game. How stupid is it to be able to buy things to help you survive an apocalypse before you even jump into it? And then if you die while carrying those items oh too bad you gotta go buy some more. It's easy to deduce very quickly this is a scam for your cash rather than a game developed for the love of the game.

Maybe they should actually try and fix the giant amount of bugs in the game one of the main bugs being zombies still horribly coded. Some zombies still stand there doing nothing and some with kill you from 2 meters away. And you can't kill them without aiming for their heads so you can sit there hitting them 1000 times with a baseball bat having no effect. Besides why would you risk engaging a zombie with melee when they can seriously kill you in just a couple of their invisible strike attacks? To make matters worth the game is over run with more hackers than DayZ ever had, as the game is aimed at children and we all know children love to use hacks because the youth in today's society has no skill when it comes to playing video games.

The game is now released on steam and is pretty much lacking 90% of teh features they have promised. They promised 100 player servers...so far this is just half that. They said 200km of open world yet the map is maybe 70km at best and seems more like a long stretch of road than a true open world. There are no private servers. No hardcore mode and numerous promised features that will be along way off being implemented. It's more like they have "ideas" which they think they can make into the game but are really pulling straws trying to actually implement them into the game design.

The worst part is their customer support. Anyone with anything bad to say on the forum is banned. Anyone who they just dislike on the game regarding behaviour or if they just think you are hacking or even if they think your name is offensive...they ban you. No reasoning. No mercy. They quickly try and ban as many people they can thinking you will go and buy another copy to give them more money. This has done more damage than they realise since the testimony of the community who have actually given this company their hard earn dollars has been mostly negative with the few fanboys who try to cling onto what is the biggest pile of crap in gaming of 2012. Do yourself a favour and go play the DayZ mod. And when the full standalone of DayZ is released you will never ever look back at this trash of a game that will never be DayZ as you can't really compare Gold with a Brown piece of turd can you?
  23. Dec 19, 2012
    Best game ever made! And its made by the same guy that made big rigs(one of the worst games of all time)!! That means WarZ should be GREAT!! **** THIS PIECE OF **** TURD **** WARZ ****ING SCAM **** BOTH GAMES RELEASED IN ALPHA SERGEY TITOV BEST GAME DEVELOPER EVER
  24. Dec 19, 2012
    Don't was your time and money on these con-artists, they will ban your account for 'hacking' even though you're a legit player, the reason behind it? If you clock a lot of hours and enjoy the game they will figure you will re-buy the game cause it doesn't cost much and you enjoy the game, what a joke STEER CLEAR!
  25. Dec 18, 2012
    I didn't think it was possible for anyone, let alone game developers, to spew out more lies and empty promises than a politician! The game is apparently in it's "foundation release" and yet looks no more complete than it's initial Alpha release. I would not recommend this game to ANYONE and I actually am disappointed in myself for falling for such a money-grabbing scam
  26. Dec 18, 2012
    I bought this game a few days ago with the understanding that it is primarily a zombie survival MMO with pvp elements. This could not be further from the truth. This game is a fragfest free-for-all where the zombies pose a small threat in comparison to the large amount of "bandits" who play the game primarily to ruin other players' experience. Almost none of the promised features have been implemented, including a skill system or a reputation system to curb the prevalent kill-on-sight mentality, plus the developers' promise that the game will not be play-to-win has been broken many times over by adding ammunition, food, beverages, and many other items which provide an enormous advantage to people who spend real money on these micro-transactions. The patch today increased the wait time for revive after death from one hour to four hours, while conveniently adding an option to pay real money to revive immediately. This is so shady... I had high hopes for this game, and honestly, the time I have spent playing when I wasn't being ganked (by would-be sociopaths who could care less about zombies when there are people to kill) has been enjoyable. I love the scavenging aspect. Getting chased by zombies is truly terrifying. The night time is very very creepy. There is so much potential but the devs seem to be ignoring the most urgent problems, and even working against fixing them at times, while releasing patches that are underwhelming, to say the least.

Overall, I would counsel any potential buyer to wait until some of the balancing features are added before spending the money. I am one of many who is seeking a full refund, and I don't want anyone else to have to go through the same disappointment I and many others have gone through. One last thought: Entire clans (guilds) are leaving this game in response to today's patch. This should communicate something of the seriousness of the problem this game and its crew are facing if major changes are not make soon. Buyer be warned.
  27. Dec 18, 2012
    Hammerpoint Studios ruins this game, and mars the entire genre of survival horror with this cheap rip-off of DayZ. Whether it's by spawning special items for a select few they call friends, or by falsely advertising their game on Steam in order to generate sales, any good about this game is over-shadowed by the company that created The War Z.

I don't expect you to take me at my word,
    would you read a review that had nothing good to say about a game? Instead, I'll link you to articles written by Gamespy, Kotaku, and Destructoid that call out the producer of this game---Sergey Titov---and do it in a better way than I ever could.

Gamespy Interview with Sergey Titov: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html

Kotaku Interview: http://kotaku.com/5969504/fans-rage-over-war-zs-misleading-steam-description-but-devs-say-93-of-our-customers-like-the-game?tag=pc

Destructoid Interview: http://www.destructoid.com/the-war-z-launches-on-steam-amid-accusations-of-fraud-240814.phtml

However you feel about the gameplay, I find it clunky, laggy, and cheap(I mean, how do I lose half of my health while WALKING down a hill?), there is no way you can justify the actions of Hammerpoint Studios.

This game is very clearly being advertised as a finished product when it is anything but. It copies everything from the studios previous game, War Inc, and does absolutely nothing new while claiming that it does.

Buyer beware. Don't waste your money on this travesty of a game.
  28. Dec 19, 2012
    Horrible scam of a game! not at all what the steam info card tells you. Admins ban you if you say anything that doesn't praise the game. + the fact you loose the weapons and gear YOU BUY with real money if you die.
  29. Dec 19, 2012
    The game itself is good. I love running around, avoiding people as much as possible and just minding my own business. Most of the time this works really well but now and then a cheater will get you. Cheaters are the worst problem of this game right now when it comes to gameplay.
    BUT the real problem and the reason why this game will die soon are the developers who (in my opinion) refuse
    to implement a real anti cheat solution as they have no means to automatically ban cheaters. They also lie to their players whenever possible, just look at the steam description, almost nothing is true there. most player models and weapons have been copied from war inc 1:1. look at screenshots of war inc and then look at warz ones. you will find many models that are exactly the same.
    oh yeah and another thing is that they try to charge you for ridiculous things. want to revive your character without waiting 4 hours? just pay 50gc (~$0.40).
    want to get rid of the horrible iron sights? pay 450gc for a cobra sight or 90gc for a red dot.
    they say you can find those items ingame but i have played for a good month without ever hearing about anyone finding these items anywhere. they get it from other players who obviously bought them but thats it.
    so basically you buy a game with free-to-play microtransactions in which cheaters are almost everywhere around cities or points of interest.
    i like this game because its really entertaining but the devs will destroy it with their
  30. Dec 19, 2012
    Once you get the hang of the game, it becomes quite entertaining. You get to kill many people first person shooter style and you have all the same kind of experiences you would playing BF3 or COD. However, the game is riddled with bugs and unavailable features. The developers are probably going to look at their score and immediately think.. "DAYZ FANBOYS ATTACKED" or somethign along that line like they have done before... But seriously, look into your soul and quit being so damn shady. There are so many sarcastic things they do in response to the criticism they receive (which they absolutely deserve). For instance, the build was changed 12/18/12 to v.0.9.9 to avoid it being called what it was before: v.1.0.0. They also have these terrible surveys, and they pull percentages from who knows where. This is besides the matter of the game, but one of the BIGGEST reasons why you shouldn't buy it. "well it's only $15, you are ******* cheap" $15 times hundreds of thousands of sales = big money. It needs to be earned legit Expand
  31. Dec 19, 2012
    Horrible game. After posting about bugs on the forum, I was repeatedly ignored. Once I started demanding a refund since the bugs wouldn't get fixed, they banned me... Terrible game. Don't buy this. If you do, they will suck the money out of you until there is nothing left.
  32. Dec 18, 2012
    This is most likely the worst video game purchase I have ever made, it has tought me to be incredibly careful when spending money on similar projects in the future.

The gameplay is terrible and almost a direct copy from DayZ, the popular mod for ARMA 2. It does do it's own things as well but they mostly involve pay to win transactions and things that simply do not belong in this genre
    such as safe zones and global inventory, which allows you to stash away loot in your main menu.. this completely kills the hardcore survival aspect of the game.

It was also falsely advertised all over steam when it was released there, I am very disappointed in steam for allowing this to happen.. one would think that they would review the stuff third party sellers put on their game pages.

All in all, this is one of the worst games I have ever played and by far the worst purchase I have ever made for a video game.

Stay away.
  33. Dec 18, 2012
    Rated 0 because this game is not finished. It is not a full release. It is being sold for full price and advertising features that do not yet exist within the game. Furthermore, the features that do exist within the game are buggy, and the graphics are low-rez and low-poly - blatantly different from advertised screenshots. Do not purchase this game. You are being scammed.
  34. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is a scam. Most of the marketing claims are lies, and the small amount of game left is a greedy money grab at best. The developers are taking advantage of the players and have recently shut down the entire patch notes section of the WarZ forum due to the idea to increase the respawn clock to 4 hours and charge the players real money if they do not want to wait. Not only are the developers being dishonest, they are actually breaking the law by stating in the TOS that you cannot get refunds while using false advertising. Once you get past the illegal cash grab, you find a terrible game that looks suspiciously like it has been thrown together in the time since DayZ became popular. The game is buggy, ugly, incomplete, and (and, at the time of this review) illegal.
    If you are going to rip off a popular title, at least do it right. Please do not support these lying developers.
  35. Dec 18, 2012
    The game devs do not care about their player base and only want to make money. They are turning the game into a pay to win game on top of that. The game is being designed so that there is only one style of play - Hunter/Killer KoS - and anyone attempting to play the game in any other fashion will simply just not have a good time. Sorry, but any game that only allows one style of play is just a bad game in general. I had so much hope for this game, but my ENTIRE CLAN just UNANIMOUSLY agreed to quit the game. Expand
  36. Dec 18, 2012
    terrible and glitchy, clearly not finished, i regret buying this, everyone else has stated my problems with the game, so i will keep this short. just don't get it, this game is as bad as superman 64!
  37. Dec 18, 2012
    Quick Review of this Company:

1. Does not listen to community at all.
    2. Told early adopters they would pay lowest price then cut the price in half.
    3. Is now Pay to Play after todays update.
    4. Promised private servers first, now not coming till next year.

The biggest problem.....
    HACKERS GALORE

Do not buy simple as that. Wait for DayZ Standalone or some other solution.
  38. Dec 18, 2012
    Oh boy where do I start... I'll keep this short and simple, the developers of this game deserve to be thrown in jail for the amount of false advertising they are putting up for this game, STEAM should be ashamed for not doing any research whatsoever on the games they put up for sale, last thing I want to say is even without all the false advertising, broken promises, horrible developers this game is awful, the game is horribly boring, runs awful on any pc, looks like something from 2003, hackers are everywhere with no anti-cheat as far as I can tell, awful pay2win marketplace.

I look for the developers to cash out and close up shop as soon as they can, maybe couple months? Won't take long because the word is out just how bad this game is.
  39. Dec 18, 2012
    Awful developers, never release what they promise, extremely shady. Do not buy The game is terrible, its pay to win and the items you buy can go away so quickly.
  40. Dec 18, 2012
    If you really like Pay 2 Win games, THIS IS THE TITLE FOR YOU! Every aspect of this game has been carefully crafted to maximize profits and for a low price you can experience it for yourself! This "foundation" release is superior to all other games when it comes to min-maxing profits so don't miss your chance to buy it today before the shell company that produced it vanishes into thin air.
  41. Dec 18, 2012
    I pre ordered this game on Oc 3rd, Day 1 for $50 in order to support these devs because they promised an amazing open world game with vehicles, clans, amazing zombie AI, graphics. They showed awesome 'in game" footage and "screenshots" that at release are NOTHING LIKE THE GAME. They have broken 90% of their pormises. They are selling the game for less than the initial $50 preorder which they promised they would not do. They lie on the Steam page. They lie on the forums. For a complete list of LIES from this developer please visit http://warzscam.tumblr.com/ Expand
  42. Dec 18, 2012
    I am ashamed to admit that i bought the legendary status for this game, and since the 1st 2 weeks of it being out i've been trying to get a refund for this piece of **** but to no avail. Apparently if you hate a game within an hour its fine, but if you give it a shot and try to look past its terribleness then you've invested in it completely. This game is just completely terrible, its not fun or anything, the zombies are useless, and there are rampant hackers (how about that better anti-hack than dayz ehh?) The animations look like playstation 1 **** and so do the graphics, the character models might be around playstation 2 level. This game is just trash. Expand
  43. Dec 19, 2012
    Many features and time lines were lied about, Seems to be a rushed together development of a game that was made to live off the success of dayz. Even though the game is not that bad my personal opinion will shine out in my review as I personally do not like developers who lie about their game. If the developers of the game simply said that the game was really on in development for less then a year, My review would have been much better. Expand
  44. Dec 27, 2012
    Thank goodness Steam gives refunds. This game is so bad it should be a crime to charge money for it. I didn't know anything about the game or the developer before I bought it but I will now be doing more research before putting money down for any games on Steam. None of the features originally listed at steam were true and Valve ended up pulling the game off their service because it's nothing but a scam.

The graphics are bad, the sound is bad and the even the bugs have bugs. This is nothing but a quick cash grab by people trying to make a buck based on the popularity of another zombie game. I seriously hope the developers go bankrupt and never work in gaming again.
  45. Jan 17, 2013
    IT'S A TRAP!!!!! Don't buy this game! It's TERRIBLE and nothing but a SCAM!!!! Save your money and buy something else. Wait for DayZ Standalone, buy Arma 2 and get the DayZ mod. Buy something but this piece of sh*t
  46. Dec 19, 2012
    The War Z is a DayZ rip-off but that's not the worst part. The worst part is that it is quite clearly a scam; it is becoming more and more common for game developers to promise but never deliver. In other industries, there are hundreds of laws to comply with but game developers seem mostly exempt from these and games such as The War Z are the results. More regulation is required if gamers want to continue enjoying quality games without being scammed at every possible opportunity. Expand
  47. Jan 9, 2013
    Awful scam! Stay away from this game and any game that Sergey Titov is involved with! They just tried to pick off some fast money on the Day Z hype (great mod/game) - DO NOT BUY!
  48. Dec 18, 2012
    I really wanted to like this game based on its unique premise of combining open world game and with a zombie survival game but I just cant enjoy a game that you can spends hours searching for items and finally being able to take on zombies with a baseball bat or some other mediocre weapon only to be shot down by another player and loose all of your gear permanently. the zombies seem to spawn randomly and even on top of you sometimes almost ensuring a quick death and when you do spawn it takes 15 minutes of running to get anywhere on the map. Also It seems like this is turning into a cash grab for the maker of the game due to the 4 hour wait period to spawn after death or paying to revive right away as well as players not having a starting weapon that is even remotely effective against zombies or visiting the in game marketplace to buy a weapon that you can actually kill zombies with but are going to loose in 20 minutes when you meet another player in the game with something better. Just save yourself a headache and save your money...I wish i did. Expand
  49. Dec 19, 2012
    Based on Sergeys' past games this is no surprise a flop. Big Rigs even seems to have a better metacritic rating atm.

The graphics in the game are quite awful, with 2D sprites being used for trees (not even LOD) and terrain textures stretched out the ass. The zombies are not that good either, but who really cares for the zombies in this game as you are more likely to be killed by a
    player. This game is more of a PVP-fest than anything, even with the recent increase in zombies it does nothing to sway the balance of being killed by another player.

Sounds: The sounds on the game sound like they were made in 2 minutes, along with the animations. There are sounds of birds tweeting, but even at night and it doesn't have much variety. Jumping has a sound associated with it that sounds more like a seal trying to orgasm.

Animations: Penis walking.... When you prone and zoom in the player will appear as if they are walking on their penis rather than sitting still. Other animations are not much of an improvement either, zombies attempt to hug you from the looks of their animation.

AI: As we all know AI is dumb, but it appears that zombies are the most stupid, with them being able to loose the tracking of a player when they jump on top of static meshes such as cars. Then when you actually do decide to fight the zombie(s) then all you need to do it strafe to not be hit or just keep hitting them. Ends up feeling like whack-a-mole.

Hackers: All games have them, but boy does this game have them. A recent anti-hack update was just to place items shoddily in walls in the aim that only people noclipping got them. But players were able to reach 4m to pick-up loot and through walls, so it lead to a lot of people being banned. Despite this Sergey said all bans had been double checked and there was no way the items could have been gotten via legit means. Despite this 'ban wave' any actual cheat was affected. Community: Not smart at all, though I do have to say that it has improved a little over the past week. The forums have people barely speaking English at times and any complains about the game are dealt with either a ban or a deletion, even the bug reports that are non critical. When creating a new account to find why you received a forum ban you are then banned for circumventing a prior forum ban (go figure...).

Development: With updates being often the game seems to have made very little progress, with promises of features constantly being pushed back and Sergey apparently having no knowledge of what his team does or any of the criticism they receive. Kewk decides to to treat users in pretty awful ways both in-game and on the forums, when there was much hatred for players being killed upon spawning he decided to still shoot and kill them. When there were issues of a recent ban wave needing to be addressed he closed and deleted threads and banned users because the game could never be wrong.

Ignorance must be bliss: "4) What's about all that hate toward The War Z ?
    Okay I can say "I don't know' and I'll be right"
  50. Feb 20, 2013
    really bad, blocky textures, rip off of dayz, the devs are a bunch of idiots. Do not purchase this game. Many features listed on Steam are completely missing. The price was reduced to less than $15 in order to squeeze as much money from the game before it dies. I repeat: do not purchase this game, you will not get what you think you are getting. Just look at the War Z forums to see the problems.
  51. Dec 18, 2012
    BAN WAR z OF STEAM (petition) http://www.change.org/petitions/valve-corporation-remove-warz-from-the-steam-market-pending-further-investigation

PLZ REPOST!
  52. Dec 18, 2012
    False advertising galore. Feature list not in game. Pre-Steam mention of no charge for basic feature then they put charge in for clan slots and now increase death time from 1 to 4 hours unless you spend micro-transaction to revive.

Stay away for at least end of January until their features might be out and if they do a 180 with their business practice, otherwise stay the hell away
    from that game.

It has a lot of potential but they totally disregard their community and ban you if you speak against them, try to get you blacklisted on the forum, ban you if you bring up the hacking issue whether on their forum or on Steam.

Total dictatorship money grabbing pigs. Hope they learn and evolved. Will let you know if they do. I'm especially frustrated because the game has potential but this is the worse company so far I've seen with borderline illegal commercial practices.

I'm so pissed at them since I've met some great people in the game but I don't trust them so I have to speak against them until they change their practices.
  53. Dec 18, 2012
    I think they could have a great game here. Just when we start thinking there are some good things going on, they make updates and changes that are again for more money to play and win. For instance, The four hour re-spawn time will not stop me from playing, but it may make a lot of people only be able to play for about 4 hours a day.

Think about it... Average time frame of a players
    life after re-spawn about 15 minutes if not spawn killed. Four hour wait time between being killed. You will get to play for little over an hour and then have to wait 4 hours. There will be three times a day you can play. Expand
  54. Dec 18, 2012
    Quite honestly the most unpolished and unplayable game I've ever tried. Stay as far away from this game as you would if someone was actually infected.
  55. Dec 18, 2012
    This is the worst game I have ever played. The mechanics need a total revamp, the graphics are horrible, and you run around for 30 mins to get to a location just to be killed by another player that was lucky enough to find a weapon, or a zombie that is 15 feet away and swipes at air and you die. There is a four hour cooldown if you are killed so you cannot even get into a groove when playing. This is the only game I have ever heard of where you spend your own cash for in game items, and loose the items when you die. This is obviously just a scheme to make bucks off of people while they can. Expand
  56. Dec 19, 2012
    I bought (yes, I like everyone else, paid money for this game) War Z due to the promise of a released MMO in a post-apocalyptic world with zombie invasion, what I got was a joke:
    - Alpha status (ground structure is there, but thats it) - It IS Alpha/Technical Demo, other companies/indies use this state of the game to go to Kickstarter, 2 years later a proper product would be released with
    features that work!
    - No real MMO (sorry guys, 50/100 is NOT massive - having hundreds of shards of 50-100 is also not massive)
    - Many basic functionalities not yet implemented (tutorial, skill system, quests, swimming, fighting with fists/feet, anything to keep the player there)
    - Already has a real-cash market? Wow...just wow...alpha status and already making it pay2play/win...go to kickstarter and get your sponsors there!
    - No advanced functionalities (vehicles, clans)
    - Clipping in terrain (didnt you just cleanup the terrain? lol)
    - After 10 deaths, no more starter gear? Gee...since I cant fight with my bare hands, its all a matter of luck to find a weapon vs. zombies and hopefully im lucky not be killed by another player with a flashlight!
    - Sandbox? lol...time to have a look at what a real sandbox means guys. In a sandbox environment, I would rip a branch off a tree, sharpen it with a few stones and then i would have a very crude weapon (better than nothing). I could find nails and make my own nailbat, I could find string/vines and add a rock to my spear to make a hammer, rip out the damn barstools in the resturant and use that as a damn weapon!
    - Loads of houses, but only a small fraction can be entered? Lazy or maybe just ALPHA and unfinished?
    - Decorations? So you can go into houses...but why is almost every house/building empty? Sure, people used it but debris should still be a minimum to create a proper atmosphere.
    - FALL DAMAGE after 1m? *cry*
    - 4h respawn timer? I think i dont need to comment this, do I?
    - Griefers - *sigh* how I hate loosing everything, but I guess thats survival and **** happens"
    - Armour helps jack at the moment

Lets look directly at your website:
    "New generation MMO" - Uhm, no its not, its still a normal game with a payshop...
    "AAA Graphics" - nope, with all that clipping and horrible textures...
    "Huge persistant world" - yup, no lie here, it is really huge and takes very VERY long to run anywhere (semi-boring guys)
    "Create your own survival experience by selecting one of the available characters, customizing them and helping them" - Um, I can only select 1 character, "customization" = a few heads and clothes?
    "Gain experience and spend it to learn dozens of available skills in this Zombie Game" - Dozens of available skills? reaalllly? where?

So basically, 4 out of 5 things are a lie. I bought the game in hopes of a real sandbox in zombie fashion, with neat "skills"/attributes that increase while I play (run longer and faster would be a nice start)

What has been done right(ish)?
    - Zombie AI/Sneaking works not too bad once you get used to it. It IS possible to sneak around the zombies if you know how.
    - No lag on the servers, well done on this
    - Global Inventory - good idea. even if its seriously irritating having to run 20-30min to a safe spot and then log out, it does work. Pity it doesnt work at the post offices as mentioned on the survivor screen
    - Day/Night cycle - I actually love this, even if I dont have a flashlight anymore due to dying too many times, but still, this works wonders for atmosphere and night time can be seriously scary

Seriously, this IS a Alpha/very early Beta (I have been playing alphas/betas for over 15 years now). Please mention this on your website and stop making people pay for this at the moment. I can see the game has potential, but dont lie to your PAYING customers.
  57. Dec 19, 2012
    I've never been more angry after a game purchase. I bought the game on Steam and found the features listed were blatant lies. There are no multiple maps, there is only one and the size of it is a quarter of the 400 kilometers promised. The servers hold 50 players max, not the 100 promised, and the screenshots on Steam dont look like the actusl game. But all that is inconsequential when the game is a buggy mess that doesn't work!

This doesn't even take into account the astonishing way the dev, Hammerpoint, has handled this mess. Their "apology" consists of apologizing for the their customers being too stupid to properly read a features list. I'm sending a ticket to Steam and asking for a refund. If you had the misfortune of buying this POS I suggest you do the same.
  58. Jan 2, 2013
    This game is **** Look, if you want to play a **** Zombie MMO, get DayZ when it comes out. If you think DayZ is buggy, this game is even more buggy. Seriously, this game is in early alpha. Looks like **** plays like **** is ****
  59. Feb 12, 2013
    Purchased on steam, tried and got killed 11 seconds in the game by spawn point campers. Tried another server got fragged down 23 seconds after by a flying player. Tried to say on the forums that the game seems honestly an alpha not even a beta, with cheaters all over, got banned from forums for trolling and bad mouthing the game. Want a good game? Wait for the Day z to be released or play the arma 2 mod, a lot better and enjoyable (and btw The War z was totally a rip off from that mod) Expand
  60. Feb 21, 2013
    Is hard to believe you have to pay for a game that is been realise in pre-alpha version, where hacker are the only ones that keep playing (or wasting time) on a broken game. Too many promises, bugs, miss features, that haven been lie or forgotten. The idea of the game is good, but the dream becomes a nightmare.
  61. May 14, 2013
    bad game! looks like it's a copy job of dayz.
    they also have a lot of hackers and ban legit players.
    their support is extreme slow, if they respond at all
  62. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is unfinished. We need to let know to the dev that this is a bad practice. Barely works, lot of bugs, overall low quality of assets. This game is a no-go in the short term, and perhaps, in all its lifecycle.
  63. Dec 23, 2012
    Bought it on steam and after playing for about 3 hours and reading all the horrible reviews I asked for a refund from steam tech support. This game should still be considered alpha, it is horrible, and even missing advertised features. Just a horrible clone of DayZ. Luckily I got a refund to my steam wallet.
  64. Dec 19, 2012
    This is quite literally the worst game I have ever played in my life, and I have played some poor games. It is missing the majority of features listed, it is not ready for release by a country mile but is clearly cashing in on the slowing down dayz/zombie train.

You begin with a flashlight, which is impossible to turn off. You cannot turn off your flashlight. For the love of god why
    not?

Honestly, please, just save your money. Burn your money. Whatever, just don't support utter garbage business practices like this. Please.
  65. Dec 19, 2012
    Jesus christ this game is an utter train wreck, the devs cannot do anything to win me over. Their games steam page is one big **** lie and it doesnt appear that they will rectify it. 0/10
  66. Dec 18, 2012
    First of all, do not trust the images youve seen. They are not real. No cars, no npc but zombies... No PvE servers... nice landscapes but thats all. Never played dayZ btw.

Seriously, dont buy this game
  67. Dec 18, 2012
    It's really disappointing. I for one feel super crappy because I had recommended it to so many friends. The huge lack of community involvement is certainly a concerning issue by itself. The game really has soo many things going against it. Another HUGE issue - They NEVER EVER test the patches before implementing them. If they tell you they do, they're lying!
  68. Dec 18, 2012
    Game is a good game, it is the developers and the mods who make this a negative review, the game itself has long list of things "promised" just like we were promised "this game is not pay-to-win" but what do you know??? the game has just become pay-to-win...
    also, all those unlegit bans? their "100% hack detector" ran by humans... humans get lazy and can sometimes rush through things just
    to get done... Expand
  69. Dec 18, 2012
    this game is **** full of hackers and bugs. and the most important fact is the company and the boss of it are lyers asholes and only want to betray you for your money
  70. Dec 18, 2012
    This game was somewhat fun a first when you could live more than 10 minutes before someone with a gun came and killed you. How they managed to screw this game up with a role model like dayz out there i don't know. I might enjoy it more if i can live for a few minutes to test the AI and loot.
  71. Dec 18, 2012
    The game has horrible textures, horrible mechanics like not being able to swim and things like disappearing/popping up textures and invisible players. It has a micro transactions model where you BUY things like food and weapons which basically ruins whole survival thing. It has no realism like DayZ does, it is unfinished game in its alpha/early beta stages and it is for sale on its Steam page which contains FALSE ADVERTISEMENT. This game shouldn't be out there even if it was done. Expand
  72. Dec 18, 2012
    I now firmly believe this game is an attempt to recoup some money after the failed War Inc, the developers are greedy liars who are just out to take your money.

I loved this game at one stage but now just cannot find any reason to want to play a game that I know is just going to continue to slide downhill.

They push every promised feature back months, they lie blatantly everyday
    about one thing or another and continue to hit players up with hidden charges when they said there would be zero charges after the initial purchase. Expand
  73. Dec 19, 2012
    Money grab/scam. They're going to shut down all servers and cease development in 6 months. The game is still in an 'alpha' stage, with a huge amount of bugs and missing features. In the last patch, they increased respawn time from 1 hour to 4 hours, making you pay if you want to respawn faster. It's pretty obvious that the developer just wants to get as much money as possible out of this before abandoning it completely. Expand
  74. Dec 19, 2012
    DON'T

Better than big rigs I'll tell you that much.
    Unless you think big rigs was really good.
    You never know.

I won't buy it.
    Too many problems with this game.
  75. Dec 18, 2012
    Ok for starters all the people pissing and moaning about War Z being a rip off of dayz, please get over it, people can make games that are similar, so what. At the start of its release I actually supported this game. But from the decisions ive seen them make, they have made major errors in regards to false advertising which in my case is in the top five in my hate list. To top that off ive found that the GC they charge in game is way to expensive, and to top that off they increased the respawn time to 4hrs and wacked at "quick revival" fee onto that aspect of the game. Which costs 50GC. Originally they said all items on the market will be available in game. Personally I havent seen half the good items on the marketplace spawn. All these aspects they introduce, screams "Cash cow" to me, and makes me think developing this game is not a priority for them. If they spent half that time in developing the game, maybe they would get rid of some of the poor sound effect like walking over rocks that sound like a metal platform. To top that off ive seen some info on the net that suggests admins are abusing their powers and spawning items for themselves (including items that cost GC) and their team mates. Hopefully that ones not true, but everything else up top is spot on. The game has potential but i believe the wrong devs are behind the wheel. Overall though its still entertaining and cheap to purchase. Just dont buy any GC. Ive given this game a 3. If they werent so dishonest and rushed it to release, when its actually still in beta, I would have marked it up to about 6 maybe 7. Expand
  76. Dec 18, 2012
    I've been playing the game since day 1 in Alpha (or at least, the 'buy in" Alpha stage). I've been active on the original forums since then as well. I'm a "Pioneer" (one of the 3 titles available to be chosen by early testers that stays with our accounts forever). I'll try to be as objective as I can with this explanation.

1) Alpha/Beta/Gold -Beta was determined with the wipe. All
    weapons, all characters, all money, etc... were wiped from Alpha to Beta. That was the point in the game when the devs said the beta was ready. Beta was due on Nov 30th. It over extended by a few days (Dec 4th). Wipe was done and we were told that the next stage was the "foundation release." http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?65228-Foundation-Release-state-of-the-game-new-features

Of the mentioned features, it currently contains only about 60%.

2) STABILITY - I've not had any issues in a while. I think they got this worked out for the most part (mileage may vary).

3) BUGS - there will always be bugs, but certainly the most game breaking were resolved. I rarely notice any bugs at this stage of the game now.

4) ADVERTISED FEATURES -This is where the game fails miserably, and it's odd because all that needs to be done to rectify this issue is to NOT advertise that they are in the game when they aren't and to use actual images of the game.

That last point, images of the game: 100% of all the images you see advertised for this game...are not actually IN GAME footage. They are greatly enhanced. They are rendered images for marketing. But the devs have misleadingly used these rendered images to entice players into the game. I've been playing since Alpha. These images were up BEFORE Alpha. The game has NEVER been in a state, graphically, that was representative of the images.

Misleading advertisement:

*each world (implying multiple) is 100-400 km. - there is only 1 map, MAYBE around 100 km, at most
    *private servers - no
    *dedicated public servers - no
    *skills - no
    *friends list - no
    *up 100 player servers (it's 50...and 50 would be included in "up to"...so technically true, still misleading, which is the MO for this developer it seems)
    *"meld of pve and pvp" - no, it's pure pvp. Zombies do exist and are a threat, but that's hardly pve IMO, there no NPC mission givers and there won't ever be (as per the devs)

This is in addition to the features mentioned previously. All of these features are planned and most will be added probably in Jan 2013 - March 2013.

5) CHEATING - Cheating is rampant. Cheats are easy to find for the game. While the devs have implemented a few detection systems and are banning some players, there is still a lot of work to be done. This is one of the primary reasons people are wanting dedicated/private servers. Many clans want a server for only their clan and trusted friends/allies to cut down on all the rampant cheating (my own included, MOG).

Summary

I believe the game has potential. It is being worked on constantly by the devs. They do have a lot of features planned for it.

I personally found it to be a bit boring after a while since there isn't much to do really IMO. It's great the first time you start playing, big area to explore. But then, all you are really doing is collecting gear. They have been advertising another feature, Bounties, for a very long time now but that looks to be pushed far down on the list. Vehicles were supposed to come by end of month, that doesn't look like it is going to happen w/i that time frame now.

There will be no NPC's giving quests, ever. Devs have been quite clear about this. Instead, they want to eventually create a system where players create quests. But that's far down the road.

Look at the YouTube vidoes for actual game play to see if this game would be a good fit for you. The game's state and way it is being developed seems to divide players. It is by no means a polished, well developed game, but neither is it a game that is completely devoid of effort or filled with game breaking bugs. I believe the devs will eventually implement the features they said they would, but it may be a couple months before that is done.

But what you are getting, if you buy this game as of the time of this post, is absolutely, unequivocally, not what is being advertised. I don't know that there has ever been a Steam game that has had so few features in existence that are advertised to exist. I'm surprised Steam allowed the game to be sold. I know some games have done this exact same thing (advertised something that wasn't true), and IMO, this new trend that Steam is allowing is harmful to its integrity and the community. Currently on Steam, there is no better of example of "You will not get what is advertised" than War Z.
  77. Dec 18, 2012
    Purchased on steam. This game is an absolute scam. Avoid this game at all costs. Even if you can get it for free, it is a total waste of time. I mean it really is false advertising and comes across as a cash-grab and actual con artistry. The purchase of this game has really shaken my faith in Valve as a purveyor of fine games; they're clearly putting dollars before the player experience by standing by these developers.
    The actually quality of the game is appalling. You have to pay RL cash for some of the basic items like revival and ammunition. The graphics are about the quality you would expect from an average sixth gen console game, the controls are atrociously bulky and unresponsive, textures and sprites will often fail to load entirely.
    I honestly feel like the score of 1 is a little too generous. Claims were made in the description that are simply false. This game feel pre-alpha, but is being touted as a ready-for-release "foundation" version. I will be actively avoid anything from Hammerpoint Interactive in the future. They attempted to capitalized on unwitting fools (like myself) who figured they could stand to lose $15. I'd have rather dropped a $20 bill in the street than to have actually paid for this game.
    I'm appalled for the sake of all those who are passionate players in the gaming industry, I feel sorrow for those who still feel like video games can be an art form. The War Z is a big spit in the face to all those inspired individuals. I feel sad for all those eager gamers who looked forward to adventure and fun, and got bored at the best of times, and felt alienated and betrayed at the worst. The developers at Hammerpoint Interactive aren't simply paying for some misinformed decisions; in their response, they make their callous vindictiveness abundantly clear.
  78. Dec 18, 2012
    Only good thing about this game is its graphics (relative to price) and food/thirst sound/sight features. Gameplay is buggy and very poor. Game mechanics equally bad (to easy to die (bugs/hackers etc) and 1 hour respawn time). unpopulated and featureless. Safetowns are litterally static towns where you can't fire. THAT IS IT. No vendors or NPC's of any kind. Whole thing reminds me of a map visualiser. a nice way to test out a map that is in development for different game. War Z would probably be worst game played in awhile. Expand
  79. Dec 18, 2012
    I recently purchased this game from Steam and found that I had made a grave mistake.

I'm all for putting money towards the development of an unfinished game, if they mention beforehand that it is still in development. Alas WarZ is advertised as release version 1.0.

This begs the question; what happened? How are the developers of WarZ allowed to sell this game through false
    information on their store page? Not only is this game unfinished, broken, and filled with hackers, the developers actually make you buy credits to be able to continue to play, if you happen to die do the many problems that plague this game, like dying by walking down a gentile hill (apparently the engine thinks you are falling).

My verdict is, don
  80. Dec 18, 2012
    The game was good at the beginning but DEVs are ruining their game. After today's patch i can't enjoy anymore. Looks like they are trying to earn some money and you have to pay to get things in a easy way, they are trying to make you buy their GOLD COINS. Don't buy it they have the WORST ideas ever. You will be stressed with this game.
  81. Dec 19, 2012
    False advertising, and a terrible rip off of DayZ. It's horribly made, and the game devs tell more lies than truth. It's disgusting how little effort they put into changing this game from War Inc into Warz. 0/10 would not play again.
  82. Feb 9, 2013
    This game sucks It is utter rubbish, and quite frankly, valve should be ashamed of letting it on steam. It is an unfinished completely utterly unremarkable farce. If you spend money on this, you're very silly. Please don't reward this business practice I strongly suggest you send a bit of feedback to valve and ask them why games like this are available on their service It's a complete disgrace. Absolute disgrace... Expand
  83. Dec 23, 2012
    Worthless trash. I'm not even going to list the issues, the blaringly large % of negative reviews here on Metacritic is already a solid warning that you should not buy this game. Save yourself the dreaded feeling of "oh snap, I just wasted $20" and go and buy yourself a kebab and a coke, you will be MUCH more satisified.
  84. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is infested with hackers, glitches, game crashing bugs and the lead developer has been quoted calling people that exploited the game "Faggots". The new update to the anti cheat system was placing items inside walls and on roofs, if you picked these up you were banned. You could pick these traps up through the walls and at times the loot on roofs would fall down.
  85. Dec 26, 2012
    Bad money grabbing game, developers that lie and mislead, community managers who delete any criticism, pay 2 win cash shop and a refund policy that is illegal. Avoid at all costs.
  86. Dec 25, 2012
    i just realized that i've been scammed after i buy this game... this kotaku news collection is all the answer you need about how BAD IS THIS GAME REALLY IS : http://kotaku.com/the-war-z/ please please please please don't buy this game... just... don't... !!!!
  87. Dec 18, 2012
    If you enjoy another PVP/deathmatch. Then this is the game for you!! Just be prepared that if you lose your pvp fight to wait, 1 hour.. no wait 4 hours now.. and they are saying it will be 24 hours sometime in the future to respawn if you die. OR you can give them money to respawn quicker.. Let there be no illusions there is NO PVE content. This is all pvp survival, so don't buy the game expecting to see pve servers or RP servers. If you are looking for a PVE, zombie survival game "this is not the game for you" as many of the community players will tell you. The game is below average at best, that will try to sqeeze you for money at it's current state. IF you do buy the game don't buy anything from the cash shop.. If you die, you lose everything on your person even stuff you have paid for with real world cash. Expand
  88. Dec 18, 2012
    This game did not deliver at all. Between poor performance and the complete lack of features detailed when purchasing I cannot reccomend this game to anyone. This game does not deliver on the content. It feels very very premature for a release and should be dubbed an alpha release. Hell, the game already labels itself as an Alpha release in the "Safe Zones." Horrible communication from the developers, all around bad bad bad experience. DO NOT BUY! Interview with their PR person http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html Expand
  89. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is absolutely terrible. It's unfinished, utterly boring and the devs practically lied about every feature in the game. Once you buy the game, you then have to rely on micro-transactions to have any sort of fun. Do not buy.
  90. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is disgusting, it shouldn't even be called a game. It's shockingly bad. Such a scam, cancer, literally worse than Hitler, aidsgame. False advertisement, no features that they promised, character models and animations suck. There's no original content as it's all copied from their other equally horrendous game, The War Inc.
  91. Dec 19, 2012
    Shame on you, developers. Your product is clearly unfinished, and you're lying about it and trying to trick people into buying it. My credit of trust to indie developers is now completely exhausted. To Sergey Titov: you've made yourself quite a name.
  92. Dec 19, 2012
    The Fail of the years, mountains of lies, fake screenshots, fake promises.
    Go donate your money to some good cause, not on this "game". They want your money? They have to earn them legally and with something good!! Let your voice be heard! We are not stupid!
  93. Dec 27, 2012
    as to start off from what i read and have experienced this game (it should be called an alpha build) is the worst crud ive ever played the 194 positive are either the lying developer and/or multiple accounts any ways take it from my perspective games broken >the micro transaction system is unforgiving you buy equipment with credits/points which is bought only with real cash and if you die you loose that which you bought the amount of hackers makes Day z look like heaven and not to mention spawn trap/kill galore which comes with a respawn of 1-5 hours before you can reply just to get spawn killed again the developer "hammer point" has lied time and time again and has been caught plagiarizing others works of art don't waste money on this piece of garbage wait for the stand along Day Z from the guy who created the Day Z mod for Arma II or you can hit up steam for Arma II combined operations during a Steam Sale !!! Expand
  94. Jan 20, 2013
    I bought and played this game and let me tell you. I've never been so dissapointed about a game in my life and i've NEVER been robbed of my money like this before. Save your time and money on something else.
  95. Feb 19, 2013
    This is the worst game i ever bought. They keep making promises and not a single major update, hackers everywhere, a lot of glitches, bugs, the zombies are useless, its more like a call of duty full of crap. Sold the game for 10 bucks after 3 weeks playing.
  96. Mar 21, 2013
    This game is a complete rip off! Hammer point interactive has LIED to all our faces, I don't under stand how people could like or defend this game or hammer point.
  97. Dec 19, 2012
    I urge anyone, do not buy this sick scam of a game. The developers tried to cash in from the popularity of the mod Day-Z and are also using an ILLEGAL TOS agreement to stop victims from getting a refund.
  98. Dec 18, 2012
    It's a shoddy, lazy cash grab designed to shamelessly steal from DayZ's successes. Brought to you by the same devs that created Big RIg's:Over the Top Racing, also known as one of the worst games ever created.
  99. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is a dangerous scam, leeching money from you the entire time you play. Pay for the game, pay for the items, pay to RESPAWN or be locked out of the game for 4 hours. God forbid you die by the hackers that run rampant and unchecked in the game, and immediately lose everything you just paid real money for. Then are no longer allowed to play for the next 4 hours. The development team ahs broken the law on numerous occasions, aswell. With blatant false advertising (which they put down to the users "misreading" the page. How do you write "100 players per server" while it's only 50, and then blame the userbase for misreading it?) and then a huge case of fraud: In order to get a refund on this game, which I urge everyone to do, you must agree to the terms of service (which are copypasted verbatim from the League of Legends terms of service, including links to the league of legends websites) but this terms of service agreement has the added feature of disallowing you from asking for a refund. So, in order to get a refund, you have to sign a piece of paper that says you can't have a refund, then ask for a refund. I wonder what the outcome of that will be. I should also mention the solution to preventing hackers: Permanently ban lots of random members (so they have to guy the game AGAIN) to scare the hackers, but don't actually do anything to prevent them. Expand
  100. Dec 19, 2012
    Let me just start with: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

The developer for this game is either incompetent or deliberately misleading. They had a false set of features listed on their Steam page, and then later tried to fix that by claiming customers "misread" the information? Way to go guys. Lie and then proceed to insult your customers. Grade A public relations right there. They will delete any
    critical post from the Steam and official forums. They will deny refunds (FRAUD). They are doing everything in their power to milk as much money as they can from this game before the word gets out about how AWFUL and BROKEN it is.

These guys are scam artists, plain and simple. They advertised features that the game has not EVER had. That is called deliberate and willful FALSE ADVERTISING which is breaking the law.

Tell every single one of the people you know that may have ANY potential of looking at this game that they should avoid it like the plague.

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.