1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 3982 Ratings

1. Jan 31, 2013
    A complete piece of garbage. Some games just rip off others, and the results is often mediocre at best, but War Z beats records in terms of lazy game development. If trolling had its equivalent in the game industry, this game would be a fine example. Stay away from this sorry excuse for a quick cash grab.
  2. Jan 21, 2013
    Terrible game that is only further backed up by their customer support. War Z is not ready for official release by a long shot and should have been delayed.
  3. Dec 19, 2012
    To put it simply, this game is unfinished and broken at best. An embarrassment to a developer. Released way too early then it should have been and with a broken community. Save yourself, don't buy this.
  4. Jan 4, 2013
    ATTENTION: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME

The developers are straight out lying, and the game is NOT finished AT ALL. This is nothing but a quick cash grab. If you have bought this game, get you money back as soon as possible
  5. Dec 19, 2012
    The War Z is an cash grab low grade scam. It does at least run and offers some distraction so isnt deserving of a 0-2 as it succeeds in some areas. It however fails in many many more.
    Its a laggy, ugly, buggy, game that makes promises it doesnt deliver on and ultimately tries to cash in on the popularity of another title while failing to even meet the level of that title which is a buggy,
    ugly game as well. Except that the other game is a free mod in Alpha. Dont waste your money on this garbage. Expand
  6. Dec 19, 2012
    A cheap cash grab, that's all. Reskinned War.Inc made to profit from the dayz zombie craze as much as possible.

Also the developers are worse than EA and Activision combined.
  7. Apr 4, 2013
    Full of cheaters. You can find cheats easily in the internet and the development team does not care about it. It's unplayable. But there is one thing that i can tell you: This game is awesome without the hacks. Obviously some weapons are hard to find and a zombie can kill you easily if you're used to play games on the rookie mode. The game is realistic and fun, but you can't beat cheaters, and they're everywhere. Expand
  8. Dec 19, 2012
    This game has been an obvious scam since the day it was announced. Cash shop in a sandbox game based around scavenging items, at least it was worth a laugh.
  9. Jan 7, 2013
    Game is **** Believe me. I have it since October and is utter crap - it's FILLED with hackers, I mean crawling, I mean my guess is at least 60-70% of all players have any form of hack, at least ESP. Graphics are ****ty beyond belief (watch a video on YouTube and witness yourself); developers are shady, despot liars that will ban you for your opinions on the forum, and so on, and so forth. Game is build on the hype generated by DayZ. All these guys at Hammerpoint want is YOUR MONEY, so DON'T GIVE IT TO THEM. Do yourself a favor and don't buy this piece of **** Expand
  10. Jan 4, 2013
    I bought this game for full price, legendary package.

This game is a scam. Stay Away.

The War Z is a total disaster. The worst zombie game ever made.
  11. Jun 12, 2014
    This game is absolutely horrendous. The game is absolutely full of hackers who can purchase stolen or sold accounts for less than 2$ so they will never go away. I strongly advise anyone to stay away from this game. It's not even bad to the point of being able to laugh it's so bad it's actually frustrating to think anyone could have possibly releasing a game in the state that it's in. In the 2-3 years the game has been out not a single thing has changed besides the addition of vehicles (which were promised 2 months after the game launched) and the constant changing of loot tables to squeeze as much money out of it's community as possible. Expand
  12. Jan 10, 2013
    this is the worst game in 2012 yet game history.
    this is not even zombie game. just cheesy deathmatch game with another players.
    no potential at all.
    avoid this.
  13. Jan 8, 2013
    If I could give this game a negative score I would, but I am content with a zero due to the Steam refund given. I feel bad giving anything a zero, but this game gets one from me.
  14. Dec 19, 2012
    The War Z is easily one of the worst games i've ever played. I'd say it's beaten only by Big Rigs, a game made by the same people (what a surprise!). Even the name alone is a straight rip off of Day Z. The game itself plays completely awful and after an hour I had a headache and wanted to throw up. The graphics would disgust a N64 and the gameplay is rougher than sandpaper. It doesn't excel at fun or realism. If you would like to enjoy a zombie apocalypse game, I would suggest Day Z instead of this cheap ripoff. Expand
  15. Jan 4, 2013
    This game is a total flop in gaming history. Nothing but lies and unprofessional behaviour from the developers side, which leaves a game that is unpolished, unfinished and extremely disapointed thought through.
  16. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is a perfect example of a great idea with absolutely horrible execution accompanied by an anti-consumer business model. Too bad the one good thing it's got going for it (the idea) is ripped off of someone else's work.
  17. Dec 18, 2012
    I'll start off by saying I never played DayZ, I also never bought this game. One of my friends was gracious enough to give me a 24hr guest past to give the game a test drive. I also never participated in the forums, got banned, or got pissy over each time I died, which was frequent. With that out of the way, let's take a look at this game: Well, it's glitchy, for one. You can drop 6 feet off a roof and take no damage, what you can skip a step going down a hill and lose most or all your hp. You quickly learned to never go down a hill without crouching. The zombies only exist by buildings and in the case of big cities, may actually go into a building or spawn there. Besides that they almost never go into buildings, and can't be found anywhere out in the wilderness, which accounts for about 70-80% of the landscape. Zombie AI is also terrible, they can hear you walking around through concrete walls and you can crouch-sneak past them from 6 feet away. They mostly just stand around, every now and then they'll wander about 15 feet, then stop for another undetermined amount of time, I've seen them sit around for minutes. They also chase you for miles, which I found pretty tedious, and they take forever to kill without a gun(I had to hit one 100+ times which took 2-3 minutes). As of this month, there are barely any melee weapons to be found, and guns are more common than the ammo for them, which seems silly to me. Most areas where you can arm up are usually being camped by probably some of the more **** players I've seen in an online shooter. Money is very scarce as well, you might find 50 here, 100 there, but when a basic melee weapon costs 4000+, and you lose it permanently if you die, you're kinda stuck with this "Why bother?" mentality. The graphics are...underwhelming. I don't really have anything good to say about them, they make it feel like a 2004~ with bad animation. The sound is frustrating, because zombies will sound like they're right next to you, but really they're 40 feet or further away. The music is also obnoxious, playing randomly when it's important for you to be able to hear what's going on around you. There's also no way to turn it off, the audio slider cannot be used to mute it. My rating? 1. For obvious reasons detailed. My suggestion? Wait for the DayZ standalone that will likely be quite a bit better than this. People may disagree with me, that I only experienced a 24hr pass(About 8 hours spent playing the game), but there really isn't that much content to the game to justify that argument. What your gaming experience will ultimately dwindle down to is finding a off-the-grid town with weapon spawns, looting it dry, then quitting and loading up another server(preferably low pop) so you have a new instance of the town to loot. Then once you finally have everything, join a mid-high pop server, kill a few people, then die yourself, wasting the 30 or so minutes you just spent getting armor, weapons, healing items, and food/water. If what I listed above appeals to you, I'm sure you'll enjoy it, but I can't in good conscience recommend this game. Expand
  18. Dec 19, 2012
    Description of features were basically a pack of lies, this does little it promised, feel saddened that Steam let this happen. In an interview on IGN it seems the publishers do not see that saying there are features in the game that do not exist is lying, just creative advertising. We don't need publishing houses like this.
  19. Mar 20, 2013
    Aside from the fact that warz is basically a clone of War Inc, one of the bigger FPS failures due to crappy coding, glitching, and dated graphics, The gameplay probably deserves a 2 or 3. However I rated them as a zero because of the lie upon lie they stated. They stated this was in the making well before dayz came out (When it's obviously a rip off of dayz), and they continued to make many other lies in order to attempt to get a cash cow (Which they managed to do, I guess). Heck, they literally took the TOS from everquest 2 and just did a copy paste with no editing, and put it up a while back. You could literally see "Everquest 2". This is one of the companies that should be put to trial and sued for lies and slander. Expand
  20. Jan 1, 2013
    This game was AT THE VERY LEAST 2-5 months of development away until it would be ready for general consumption. And then for any fan complaining about the poor conditions of the game to be silenced or banned for doing so. This game is without question illegal to sell to any consumer for its incredibly false advertisement of features that never were released into the actual game. STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME Expand
  21. Dec 19, 2012
    Words cannot simply describe how bad this game is, but I'll do my best. First off, if you're a War Z fan boy, don't bother telling me about how the game is only in alpha/beta. The developers clearly 'forgot' to mention this fact on the Steam store page. Thousands of people have purchased it, expecting a finished game, yet they have received an absolute **** fest.

Let's get down to my
    initial experience. As a regular DayZ player I least have some knowledge of how to play this sort of game. During my first life, I went to a trailer park and found two unarmed players. I got to talking to them and we agreed to team. Within about 5 seconds of me turning my back they began to hit me with their flashlights (note: I stated to them that I had nothing of worth, as did they). I tried to run away but thanks to the game's ****ty stamina system, I died.

5 minutes into my second life, I ran into a building in a small town looking for loot and was immediately killed by someone wielding a knife. No hesitation, no time to react, dead.

5 minutes into my third life the same pretty much happened but it was at a different location on the map and they killed me with a gun this time. (note: I had nothing, I was barely even a threat, I didn't even go close to them before they shot/stabbed me down).

Barely 3 minutes into my fourth (and final) life I was shot by sniper, completely out of the blue for no reason. After that I decided that I'd had enough.

It's basically Call of Duty with overpowered zombies thrown in. They kill you in about 5 hits and when you're stamina runs out (which it does fairly quickly) they run faster than you.

It's bad enough that they had to copy DayZ but they've done such a bad job of it.

If you're thinking about buying this game I strongly recommend that you don't. Wait for the DayZ standalone.

TL;DR: CoD with Zombies. Awful game.
  22. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a fraud. Not a single claimed feature is true, the game is buggy and boring.
    Some Textures are worse than sprites from DooM, and the gameplay feels almost non-existant.
  23. Dec 24, 2012
    I paid 50 bucks for this (Legendary) and honestly would have rather spent my money on a blowjob from a cheap hooker named Martha with no teeth. DO NOT BUY THIS GARBAGE.
  24. Dec 18, 2012
    Terrible game that is nowhere near ready for retail release.Terrible company that threatens its own customers who requested refunds and blatantly lied to their own fan base.
  25. Dec 18, 2012
    Everything surrounding this game is bad. The developers: The developers of this game brought you lack luster hits like The War Inc, and the lead developer is responsible for one of the worst games ever created. So you ought to not expect much from this team, but it gets worse since they constantly lie to boost sales by lying about what is actually in the game, what can we expect, how long they have been working on it, etc. This game is an obvious cash grab on dayZ's success which is why he made all these false claims and promises prior release and charged several times the retail price for the game during it's alpha stage. If you think that you will cease to spend money once you purchased the game you are sadly mistaken. This guy is trying to squeeze as much money from their suckers as they can. They wanted to charge 750 in game currency to create a clan. They later changed this after community outrage. Currently they are charging you 50GC to respawn your character. If you don't pay this fee you will have to wait 4 hours to use your character again.

The gameplay: This game fails at everything it tries to be. This game is supposed to be an open world survival mmo with zombies, but at best only manages to capture the PVP aspect of dayZ. This game survival implementation lacks any depth to it. It is reduced to just finding food and water which are fairly common. You eat food instantly so you do not have to be off guard to eat, and same for healing yourself, scavenging, and switching weapons. This game is missing many animations that you would expect, and the ones that exists are god awful. This game doesn't have the fun of setting up a camp site to store items or make your base. The zombie AI is way to simplistic especially for a game that suppose to have harder zombies. Stealth in this game is poorly implemented. This game is suppose to appeal to hardcore gamers but has many carebare features. Like safezones and global inventory. Stuff like this takes away from the survival aspect and the genre is general. This game is horrible, and I would not recommend it to anyone.
  26. Dec 18, 2012
    I believe that the choices made by the dev of WarZ are terrible and should receive a score of 0. The fact that they changed the respawn limit from 1 hour to a 4 hour wait or pay 50gc which is in-game money that is bought with real money.
  27. Dec 18, 2012
    This Game is a Scam.....Do not buy.... Just google it and you will see many reasons.

The idea and concept behind War Z would be a winner in most every gamers library, unfortunately it has been poorly executed by Hammerpoint. There is a massive population of gamers who would enjoy playing a true Zombie Survival MMO, however this game falls short in all 3 of those words. ◎ Zombie.
    There are zombies in the game, and is probably the highest selling point for this game. Unfortunately the zombies are pointless in the game, and leave much to be desired. One would think in a Zombie Survival game, your biggest fear would be zombies. This is untrue. Players are your worst enemy, and zombies are there to be filler and annoying at most. Expand
  28. Dec 18, 2012
    OK Sergei you asked for review... Idea of the game is nice, not matter who ripped it from who *cough* stolen from Rocket *cough* . If we forget all rip-off and all this idea stealing (even the Foundation release name stolen from DayZ) Let's forget ALL of that and see what we have here: We have nice idea, we have some what good base on what to build but it needs to be build before releasing. This game is still in EARLY alpha phase. You can't just release something that's COMPLETELY undone! Steam should be ashamed of them self for selling this and advertising it as a complete game! There's not one mention on steam page that the game is still in developement..even thou Main Dev Sergei claims all mmo's are constantly developed it does not mean you can publish something that's clearly still in ALPHA! Steam page is full of lies and your sad interview trying to cover those lies (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html) is not doing you any good. You are just money scamming douchebag mr. Sergei!

I strongly, I repeat STRONGLY advice to invest your money into something else then WarZ. Drink it. Drink beer till you vomit all over your moms carpet and pass out lying on it, vomit all over you.. . That's better investment then putting your money into something as bad as this sad excuse of a game is!
  29. Dec 18, 2012
    This is literally the one of the worst games I've ever played. I bought it on Steam, but little did I know that the claims made by the developers were nothing more than simple marketing. The game is still in alpha or very early beta (even though they fail to inform costumers of this) and is nearly unplayable. The textures are terrible, models fail to load, the servers are unable to handle their advertised capacity, the AI is laughable, the success of your character depends on how much you are willing to spend on in-game micro transactions. Also, do not think of asking for a refund. The company behind the game threatens to blacklist you with their credit processor (meaning that if you they give you a refund, it could very well make it hard/impossible to buy things online). All in all, stay away; this game is very nearly painful to play. If you are a fan of zombie survival games, either play DayZ, an ARMA II mod, or wait until DayZ releases the standalone game. Expand
  30. Dec 18, 2012
    Not much else to do in this game other then die really. Shady support, shady lead developer, shady way of dealing with hackers, everything about this game is shady. On comparison of this game and War Inc., it's nothing more then a slightly re-skinned version of War Inc with some zombies thrown in.
  31. Dec 18, 2012
    A hastily made cash grab attempt to profit off the exploding popularity of the DayZ mod. Essentially 'The WarZ' is a re-skin of the F2P game by the same company 'WarINC' with users being charged both upfront and with a pay to win cash shop for items that you will inevitably lose moments later. The game is full of bugs, cheaters and missing listed features. For me though, the worst part is their development team, who blatantly lie through their teeth and delete every critisism from their forums as if they never existed. To summarise poorly made, rushed game in alpha state being sold with a pay 2 win cash shop, missing features, empty promises, full of cheaters and a development team who instead of acknowledging any issues with the game instead choose to delete any negative feedback and pretend it isn't a problem. Expand
  32. Dec 18, 2012
    I was really hoping for a great game, knew it was in development so I didn't expect much. But what I didn't expect at all was to get F'ed in the A by the worst developers in the history of gaming (Big Rig Truckers anyone?) I highly recommend you do NOT buy this game under any circomstances, even if a criminal is holding you hostage and threatening to prick you with a needle that contains the aids virus, do NOT get this. Expand
  33. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is an absolute abomination. The developers lie and scam their way to undermine the real work of the DayZ mod creator. They are trying to get money from people who don't understand the difference. They WILL say or do nearly anything to either, A. Convince you that their game is actually functional. B. Make sure you are silenced otherwise. DO NOT SUPPORT THEM IN ANY WAY!
  34. Dec 19, 2012
    The makers of this game is a joke. Mass banning and silence of the community. They should kill themselves for charging people for a beta game. ****
  35. Dec 19, 2012
    I am ashamed of what i saw. A friend of mine pushed me hard for buying this, he was so excited that i fell into this without even checking a forum.
    What a big mistake it was! I bought the game in ALPHA stage, tried to play it for 2 days but then i really was upset at my friends for making me buy such an horrible product.
    This happened i guess around 3-4 weeks ago. Now i find out that the
    game is being sold at a LOWER PRICE than the one i payed when it was in alpha stage. This is a total JOKE and i'm going to ask for a refund, let's hope the marketing office has a decent behavior to customers, considering the dev team did one of the most horrible works i've ever had the (bad) luck to play. Expand
  36. Dec 19, 2012
    Literally the worst game I've ever played. People hate on Bethesda for releasing unfinished games...you are looking at the KING of unfinished games here.There's a lot of running around through environments that looked great back on the original Ghost Recon, only the weapons don't handle nearly as well. I really loved getting killed every three minutes because I got stuck in an invisible wall. This isn't a game, it's a shameless cash-grab. Expand
  37. Dec 19, 2012
    Godawful game with developers depending on scamming with lies and false hopes just to make a quick money.

Stay away!

If you really want to be informed in detail about the things that everyone is talking about, check out this blog http://warzscam.tumblr.com/ and everything will become crystal clear. My only hope is that my review will help someone out there from wasting his money on
    the product of scammers! Expand
  38. Dec 19, 2012
    Released on Steam with multiple false claims about the game and empty promises. Game is very buggy, purchased items in-game are lost on death, even if you die by a bug/glitch (invisible players, the insane zombie reach). Reviews with the developers are shady and developers actions within the community are shady in general.
  39. Dec 19, 2012
    This had the possibility of being a great game, and it would be decent for an alpha/beta build. Yet, the devs insisted on rushing a full release of an alpha/beta game and are trying to pass it off as complete. It is not polished/complete or even close to it. False advertising.
  40. Scx
    Dec 19, 2012
    As an avid fan of zombie games and survival horror, I specifically signed up to metacritic to warn everyone about the atrocity and utter abomination of a game this is.

Graphics: 0/10, running on very high, textures, terrain and models looks like they belong in Half life, the original, released in 1998...14 years ago.....

Gameplay: 1/10, Stealth does not function properly, zombie AI
    in this game behave like walls and objects do not exist and will detect you no matter where you are, zombies kill you in 4 hits(intentional as you will have to pay more money to play, hence why its so brutal), when you die there is a 4 hour respawn timer, which means if you die with all 5 characters, you will essentially have to pay more money to revive your character if you want to continue playing. No in game voice chat, only text, object spawn in places you cannot get to, hats occupy 99% of the item spawns.

Sound: 0/10 A random collection of noises, that seem to drive you insane after the first 5 minutes.

Bugs: there are so many bugs and glitches, invisible players, invisible weapons, sliding down a meter down a hill takes away half your health, glitches through buildings, teleport glitches, invisble walls, broken animations, texture bugs, the list goes on

Microtransactions: once you buy an item and you die, you loose it for good BE WARNED.

False advertising ! On the steam page, it advertises for multiple maps up to 400square kms, skill points, private servers, up to 100 player servers. The game currently has ONE map with 100kms, NO skill point mechanic, Servers with max of only 50 people, NO private servers available.

STAY as far away from this game as possible, this has the be one of the most disgusting piece of work, i have ever played
  41. Dec 19, 2012
    This "game" is a quick money grab aimed at copying many other superior products to achieve the lowest possible standard of completion for release. An absolute farce, 'The War Z' should be avoided at all costs, bar none. I'd rather lose $15 than pay these people one cent.
  42. Dec 19, 2012
    I don't need to write a review because you can just read all the others saying how bad this game is, but to reiterate the point and reach the 150 characters quota, the people who made this game are just cashing in on dayz.
  43. Dec 19, 2012
    Unfinished game sold as a complete title. This is a scam. Also the way the developers already try to monetize an unfinished product (death timers etc..) is sickening.
  44. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is one of 2012's biggest disappointments (if people even believed this would have been successful)

The Steam page is full of lies, no 100 man servers, no skills, micro-transactions in an already paid game, and a 'final product' that looks more like an Alpha build.

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS GAME: That $15 can be spent on many different other games.
  45. Dec 19, 2012
    Purchased this game on steam when it came out as I'm always interested in zombie survival games, boy was I in for a surprise. First of all, none of the features mentioned on the steam store page were in this game at the time of launch: -No 100 player servers -No 100-400km2 worlds/maps (there was only 1 70km2 map, with plenty of invisible walls) -No Private servers No Skills No Hardcore mode.

And now onto the bad parts:

-No swimming, not even shallow riverbeds, enjoy walking around for 20 minuts just to cross a small creek
    -Zombies are constantly bugging out
    -Slow ass movement speed (you run out of breath in about 10-15 sec sprint and zombies move almost as fast as you do)
    -Horrible (worse than bethesda) animations, and I mean total ass unlike anything I've ever seen before
    -Vomit inducing FOV
    -Terrible textures and assets ported directly from their pay2win shooter War Inc
    -Hitboxes which suck ass
    -Bad performance on a decent PC (i5 2500k @ 4ghz and a 560 TI) while still looking like ****
    -PAY TO RESPAWN (this is not a joke, you have to pay to respawn or you have to wait 4 hours)

If this hasn't dissuaded you from buying the game, then I don't know what will.
  46. Dec 19, 2012
    A lot of lies, zero communication between costumer and developer. A lot of bans many times with no logical explanation, some of developers did unprofessional work by giving not yet released items to some of player in the game, bad handle with hackers.
  47. Dec 19, 2012
    Misleading advertising on STEAM. . A sham designed just to make money off Day Z's coat tails. No freelook spoils almost any sense of immersion when hearing zombies or being chased. No in game VOIP means stupid overly bright a large global chat window that cannot be turned off. Maps are too small and mainly pvp. It feels like a constructed artificial game world rather than an open real world location...unclimbable cliffs etc to funnel you to certain areas. Stupid wait for 1 hour to re-spawn...or pay some real world money to re-spawn instantly..wtf is that about????

3rd person view in terrible with out freelook and first person views FOV is too tight. Its obvious how many ideas they stole from Day Z...but sadly they haven't really done anything fun with them..just cut and pasted them into a cardboard generic smaller map. It may be fun for some 14 year olds to run around for a day or 2 clubbing fresh spawns to death with a baseball bat but there is not much actual gameplay or deep sp experience to loose yourself in like Day Z. Join a private server that keeps a tight watch on hackers in Day Z and enjoy a far far superior product and a much better gaming experience. I wanted to like this game but it dissapoints on so many levels, let alone the arrogant attitude of the Russian potato farmer developer about his scam. God bless the kiwis who gave us Day Z, Lord of the Rings, Bungy Jumping, LnP, and marmite! :-)
  48. Dec 19, 2012
    It's utter crap. Now they chaged revive time from one hours to four hours and if you don't want to wait you need to pay real money to revive your character. It became pay to play from pay to win game. It's just scam and wants your money.
  49. Jul 19, 2013
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! The developer, Sergei Titov is a fraud and A CHEAT and THE GAME IS AS WELL. The developer himself SHOULD BE IN PRISON FOR ALL OF THE CRAP HE'S PUT OUT OVER THE YEARS. DOO NOOOOOOT BUYYYYY THIIIIIIIIS GAAAAMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!!!
  50. Dec 19, 2012
    I CANT **** believe it, these **** STOLE MY MONEY!!!!!

I purchased off steam and played for two hours wandering around a city when I suddenly got disconnected and permanently banned for NO REASON what so ever!

I'm messaging the Better Business Bureau, anyone else who got screwed by these guys do the same!
  51. Dec 19, 2012
    The devs couldn't make a decent game so they just reskinned Big Rigs. Within five seconds of playing, it gets pretty obvious. In your first zombie encounter, you'll notice that the zombies are oddly truck-shaped. Okay, well graphics aren't everything, you say. I agree, but the zombies don't even move! They just **** stand there going "Hurdur" while the player smashes its face. How is it a zombie survival if the zombies can't even kill you? My biggest gripe with the game is the pre-order bonus. If you bought it before September 31st, you get some naked pics of Sergey Titov's mother. Seriously, what the **** in the **** **** It's just another atrocious example of the dev's blatant false advertising. The picture I recieved was a hairy man with **** nothing like what I expected to get. The devs never try to explain that Titov's mother is an inbred transvestite. The consumer is lead to believe that they are paying for premium pornography. The company's business practices are disgusting. DO NOT GET THIS GAME. Expand
  52. Dec 19, 2012
    I played this game since ALPHA as I am a huge Zombie Fan. I bought the $40 pack in an effort to support development and the company. From day 1 the game was unplayable as advertised. There is NO zombie game component, the game is 100% PVP. You are never killed by zombies, there are simply slow moving, easy to bash with any weapon distractions.

The game has no hack protection built in.
    Youtube has dozens of examples of free hacks, videos of hacks ect. Let me be clear, the game is unplayable without hacks .. I am killed within 10 mins of logging into the game EVERYTIME and I never see the person.

Everytime you die you have to wait 1 full hour before you can play that character again. Everything you were carrying is lost and you start over with NOTHING.

Having NOTHING means you can not kill a zombie, (hands sare not weapons) so you are forced to crawl around trying to hide from zombies in some weird stealth game throwback .. unfortunately hackers see you from anywhere on the map and simply run over to kill you.

Now that they have reduced the servers and packed 70 players (reduced to 50) on a server I am spawn killed all the time. I honestly can not play the game.

Finally, the company simply lies about the game features, They say the maps are 100-400 km .. unfortunately there is only 1 map that is about 75km but there are only 7-8 small areas that have spawnable items .. the rest of the world is wide open and since you starve in less than a day you are forced (weaponless) into the small number of 10-25 building towns. Even worse each town only has 2-3 areas where good items spawn .. those are camped by hackers or just clan groups of "bandits" who kill everyone on sight.

This game is dead on arrival, do not buy it .. do not support this criminal company.
  53. Dec 19, 2012
    Bought this game a few months ago after all of the hype. Probably the worst $25 I have ever spent on any game in my entire lifetime. The developers say "This game isn't pay to win!" Yet you can spend REAL money, to buy items in-game, to help you beat another player that you fights, or help fight of an oncoming hoard of zombies. Who the **** adds in a store where you can buy **** to a ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GAME. The whole ****ing point is to survive off the land, and find stuff around the map. Not to mention the terrible optimization of the game, accompanied with absolutely **** graphics that looks like my dog has just eaten something green and then shat it our onto the computer screen. The developers are full of lies, and there isn't ONE thing that is remotely true on their webpage or steam page.

Personally I do not even know why Valve added this game to steam, or why the developers are still updating the game, or why the fanboys can't just get the **** over the fact that they WASTED their $25-50, and stop defending the **** stain that lies on my computer screen.

Please. PLEASE! Do not even bother thinking about buying this game, but if you do, don't bother asking for a refund, because they will just blacklist you.

OK I have said enough.
  54. Dec 19, 2012
    Scary thing is I almost bought this piece of crap! Before I clicked the "purchase" button and confirm payment I decided to check the death penalty. If it was like DayZ, no problem... That is when I saw 1 hour of waiting time, 12 hours planed... 5 character slots. Bugs, bad animation, recycled crap, tiny map... Then I found out about the Big Rigs game and the head honcho who worked there is the same as the one working in "the War Z". I quickly closed it, took it out of my wish-list and spread to all my friend virtual and real how crap this thing is.

AVOID IT.
  55. Dec 19, 2012
    Worst game I've ever purchased and the one and only time I've ever gotten a refund for a game purchase. I won't be buying another product from hammerpoint studios as a result of their shady business methods and blatant false advertisement.
  56. Dec 19, 2012
    Fantastic idea, ruined by the complete lack of anything that defines a "game". It's simply not playable in this state. If you can manage to not be shot the second you get close to anything interesting (read: an item), you're in for the treat of buggy, lag-filled, horrifyingly bad melee combat with poorly animated zombies. It's not all bad: when my friend and I teamed up to search the city for interesting items and weapons, we had a great time defending each other from zombie attack. We found armour, backpacks, and food, and congratulated each other on our fine zombie-killing form. It was good. We were then gunned down by an AK47-wielding player from the bushes for literally no reason. We didn't even have guns.

Need more? If you create more than ten characters they do not spawn with anything, even a pathetic flashlight. Died? Four hour respawn unless you want to pay REAL MONEY to respawn immediately.

It's a terrible PVP game marketed as a groundbreaking zombie apocalypse simulator. Do not buy it. If you have, get your refund from Steam. God help this developer.
  57. Dec 19, 2012
    Well, let's see, the game proposal is perfect, a zombie MMO in a apocalyptic world. It were fun in the beginning, in the beginning of November. After that the game become crazy. LOT of hackers, LOT of players who just wanted to kill everybody without reason. I had real fun in the beginning. Now the game looks like **** Their promises looks like "We will do that...just 5 more minutes" nothing is working. Skills, engine, animations. nothing at all. I miss my 29 USD. Hope the game gets better, but for now, I've lost money. Expand
  58. Dec 20, 2012
    this game is a sh*t. The programmer are layer and sh*ts.
    And now they have been accused of plagiarism.
  59. Dec 20, 2012
    Terrible game, don't buy it. Shady company, regret every penny and second I wasted on it.
    The pictures on steam are staged and show game events that will never happen.....and a new update makes you PAY to revive your character within 4 hours...
  60. Dec 24, 2012
    A few days ago the lead developer put up a post in the forums asking everyone to go to Metacritic and give their reviews. the vast majority of the forum goers have come here to tell everyone what a horrible game The War Z has become ... not how it started horribly.

In all fairness, the first 15 days of development were the most promising ... after that it was very slow going and none of
    their road map goals in development were met on time. After the Steam fiasco many people (who were lied to) came here as well to give their obligatory 0's as the game they bought was nothing like the game which was advertised - a fair review considering what they got vs. what they were promised.

This game HAD potential to be a great first step in the realm of Zombie MMOs but has since declined into a state of patching minor aspects only to unpatch them and call them optimizations, nullify implemented mechanics (pay2res or wait on a 4 hour respawn - an obvious cash-grab) and essentially try to cover a PR disaster of apocalyptic proportions. On top of the fact the lead developer was served with a trademark suspension a month before releasing the game to Steam for sale, there now seems to be a lot of speculation of whether or not they will simply change the name or completely cease and desist. I had such high hopes, but the development team is less competent than disaster relief in America. Hammerpoint Interactive and Sergey Titov should be legally bound to stop making video games.
  61. Dec 21, 2012
    Obviously this "game" is a scam. Computer game equivalent of the Nigerian e-mail scams that circulate the net, I warn you about this "game" stay away from it, you don't release this stuff and say it's a complete game which they did to make a quick buck, stay away.
  62. Jan 23, 2014
    I'm giving it a one as the game is playable. That's the only reason as the game is still suffering from monumental bugs, issues and other problems (hackers). It has now been more then a year and it hasn't improved a bit. The cars, "super-zombie" and the hilariously buggy "flanking" zombie are nothing that actually helps the game.

PVP oriented "survival" game and there is a button to
    simply press F10 to immediately get into the shop. Don't know if they removed it but I would wager they did as their development team seem very schizophrenic at best. Expand
  63. Dec 25, 2012
    The developer thinks we are a bunch of cattles and he can herd our wallets towards their bank account.
    I played the game and all I can say is Thank God they give refunds...
  64. Dec 25, 2012
    Altough it is completely cool the idea to make a awful Day Z ripoff and call it "your game", this game is completely unfinished (if it is ever going to be finished because of these controversies) , the zombies are like a water bottle on your desk: it's completely useless you want to drink it
    the true enemy of War Z are the other players: childish moderators who will only kill you at any
    time, give themselves godmode and noclip, and permanently ban you if you say to them stop, if you try to make an appeal on their forums, you will also get banned from all their network (War Inc, for example, which i will never play again because of War Z), also counting the awful game engine, you may be now thinking that i'm one of these people who judge the games by its graphics, the graphics in War Z however, are so badly made that the game even lags and crashes because of it,
    It is also rageful seeing the gamers at twitch TV getting randomly banned for no reason and the lies the devs spread on Steam, all the photos on the Store are completely faked, thus all the player models and weapons in the game are from War Inc,

The name of this game should be The Money Z, EVERYTHING in War Z is real money, even creating a clan and setting up a server needs real money, also when you die, all the items you brought from the store will be deleted, which also shows how money-grabbing sillies the developers are, Valve does the same thing, but they do it in a good way though, TF2 for example uses real money, but you don't lose them when you die and Valve uses their money for lots of things, donations, charity, setting up events, interviews and etc. while the War Z as shown, the devs get the money to themselves and only, Hammerpoint is the PewDiePie of gaming industry.

The War Z is only full of bad things: You cannot swim, childish moderators, useless AI, you cannot swim, awful PVP system, infinite amount of bugs and glitches, the ban wave used by the devs, hackers, big lies about it on the steam store, Hammerpoint gives Indie Game developers (such as me and my best friends for example) a bad fame, staying that Indie game devs only care about money, which is not true, we all care for our fans and community, while the War Z devs care about the money, saying "Screw the community and players, let's grab the money and ban them if they attempt to talk to us, also let's hide ourselves on the internet, so if people attempt to sue us, they will not know out real name!"

did not understood this big wall of text you probably didn't even read?, heh....

DON'T buy this game, if you even call this abominable torture method a "game"

Action 52 is GOTY compared to the War Z
  65. Dec 29, 2012
    This game is terrible. There was so much hype for it because of the images that were released, which looked better than the already existing zombie MMO game, DayZ. Upon its release, the game was worse than many thought. Tons of bugs, hackers and overall, little effort put into the game. It was put up on the online game retailer Steam, despite being in beta, but was then taken down. This game only deserves a '1'. Expand
  66. Dec 31, 2012
    I will be comparing this to dayz. Dayz is a mod in alpha for free. warz is a game for $15 dollars and no sign of it being a alpha or beta and the devs lied about the features then afterward blamed it as a misunderstanding of the consumer . This game deserves nothing not even a single dime .
  67. Jan 1, 2013
    An appalling attempt at a game, with extremely Bad customer service. Never seen such a blatant rip off of another game. In all honesty the DayZ mod is a more fulfilling game than the WarZ as well. After seeing previous games the developer has been involved in im not surprised this ended up in such a poor state. Please don't waste your money on this poor excuse for a game or support it in any way.
  68. Jan 1, 2013
    Terrible gameplay, bad controls, boring gameworld, tons of bugs, tons of cheaters. This game will force you into PVP as it contains no PVE. You are looting and scavenging to stay alive against other players. Simple as that.
  69. Jan 4, 2013
    Unfinished game, terrible developers with bad business practices who continue to ignore the majority and refer to them as the "vocal minority", bugs all over, pay to win, infested with hackers and a terrible fanbase that calls you a Day Z fanboy if you have any criticism. Avoid this game like the black death!
  70. Jan 4, 2013
    (A SCAM) This game is an absolute waste of time, money, and effort these developers (Hammer Point) are just a bunch of scum bags who have lied and try convince you with lies. The developers have lied and promoted themselves with false advertising. Another thing that you must consider when thinking about buying this game is that it is 15$ and you can NOT get a refund if you have bought this game which is ILLEGAL! It is also to be considered that they say it is a complete project which is totally WRONG. In fact this game is broken as hell so many glitches and hackers, they even added a payment shop where you have to pay REAL money to buy items, and by no means ordinary items. For an Example, you could buy ammo, melee weapons, medical supply's, and even some OP gear. Which is all completely what kind of f***ing survival game!?! They even had the balls to name there game WARZ which is very similar to the mod DAYZ, which came out first and was practically the same concept. The developers are also some of the worst kind of people you will ever meet, or hear about they are some big douche bags who have had some cases of BANNING random players for no absolute reason at all! They even say that there the first zombie survival game which is complete BS. With all the info i have presented you with I would you to think twice about buying this miserable pile of crap. Expand
  71. Jan 7, 2013
    Before playing, I had a lot of excitation about how the game could be really, really good. It had a lot of promises, and looked like some kind of zombie survival-RPG. Well, now I'm going to compare only one aspect with DayZ : DayZ is a mod. So it's free. If you don't like it, you only say : "Well, I wasted some time, it's nothing !". With WarZ, you just waste a lot of money and throw it away !
    And guess what ? You have options to get more stuff by taking a more expensive version of the game. I'm glad I only played it on a friend's computer who bought it... I saved up some money.

To resume : just buy ArmA 2 and download DayZ instead. It may be just a mod, but at least, you won't be giving money to a dishonest company who sell a game based on a Free to Play engine to an outrageous price for the quality of the final game. Cherry on the top, the game isn't even cheat-protected ! It looks like they sold a game and then were like "Meh, whatever, we have the cash : that's all we care about".

Bad developers, bad game, well... Everything is awfully bad with this game and those who made it. I would be glad to be able to note below 0... Sadly, I cant.
  72. Jan 8, 2013
    Gameplay: The controls are to hard. Everything looks a bit awkward and unnatural. the character animations are to be desired. The combat animations are unkind, hit a Zombie on his head, go back 2 steps wait for the blowback and hit again. The places with the best loot, are mostly besieged by "bandits" who do not care about survival. They play this game like a pvp shooter. Who can blame them? The developers do nothing against it.

graphics:
    The graphics can be described in 2 sentences.
    Not the newest, but solid.

Conclusion:
    The great excitement before the release was unfounded.
    Warz is not a good Zombie survival.
    Normally I would say the game is for players want to kill players and zombies without an atmosphere, but it's not worth it for that price.
    There are lots of other shooter.

Therefore thumbs down for Warz!
  73. Jan 8, 2013
    The game itself is enjoyable. The problem is the developers blatant lies, lack of information and now as of Jan 4th (I believe) with the implementation of the 'Fairfight' system Temp bans (Pending review for perm ban) and Permanent bans are being handed out left and right to be Legit and Unlegit players if they're unlucky enough to be accused of 'hacking' in game after killing another player.

The game has the potential to be great, it's the people behind it with their inexcusable unprofessional behavior that are ruining this game.
  74. Jan 9, 2013
    worst game ever made, the company are scamers they care only about takin' ppl money. they smell bad, they are trash, they are russians and they have no brain
  75. Jan 12, 2013
    **** This Game. I have never seen such a waste of money in my life. I wish I could give a lower score. I repeat, **** this game. If You buy this game then u are clearly a deranged **** face. **** this game.
  76. Jan 30, 2013
    I can;t tell you how bad this game is, It just isn't enjoyable, it's boring and literally I'll rather be doing homework than playing this piece of ****
  77. Jan 29, 2013
    ...... I am speechless .... i mean .... what?!?! ... A terrible version of DayZ, the description lied about the content, the game is clearly beyond anything called finished, copy and pasted TOC's, this is just a bunch of people after your money for doing nothing, they should be shut down. Just glad Steam not only gave a refund to all who bought it, but also let them keep the copy, giving some little benefit of doubt to the developers (i use developers extremely loosely). As much as it can be said that this has potential, it is already realized in DayZ and do not worry as the mod is coming out as a stand alone game very soon, worth waiting for that. Oh and talk of a port to console is also on the books! Expand
  78. Mar 21, 2013
    Buy Left 4 Dead or DayZ instead. Actually, Plants VS Zombies is a better zombie survival game than this one (If you can even call PvZ a zombie survival game rather than a puzzle game). This game is horrendous, do NOT buy it.
  79. Apr 1, 2013
    My worse gaming experience ever... I've got this game a few months back for my wife. She's a fan of zombie games and I browsed war z a bit. "Obviously didn't do enough research" I got the game on her steam and played with it a bit. Keep in mind that the things I'm about to mention are about 3-4 months ago.

1 In character selection/creation... You are stuck playing as a male character
    and the female character is locked and needs to be unlocked. "My wife start getting upset about it already"
    2 There are only PvPvE servers and no PvE servers. So the moment you log into the server you may get killed instantly by another player.
    3 Every time you die, you loose everything you've horded "We lost hours worth of items to some random player"
    4 You are stuck with a 1 hour cooldown before you can log back in.
    5 Many things in game shop (assuming you are spending money) are typically useless especially if you are gonna die and loose the items to a random person.
    6 There is no story or missions in this game... just play to build up points, gathering, survive, die, 1 hour cooldown... (Rinse and repeat)
    7 There are no vehicles or source of speedy transportation. You can literally spend a lot of time running across the map to get to another location while avoiding zombies and other players along the way.
    8 Every time you revive you start with nothing on you. You can't even fend for yourself with fists.
    9 If you managed to get any items you wish to save in storage, you will have to walk/run your way back to the nearest safe zone to log out and unpack them.
    10 Personal bag space is limited... there are times you would run out of space and you are stuck deciding what to throw out be it weapons, ammo, food, etc... (Think there was 6-8 bag slots.)
    11 With the way the game is set up... it can be very time consuming to play or just to wait for revival. Either way... every time you die you start from scratch more time wasted little to no progression more frustration.
    12 Zombies path finding here is somewhat annoying... If you stood on top of a car or platform they sometimes clip through the object and hit you and if they didn't sometimes when you are beating them over their head, they take no damage (or take forever to die)

Over all the game concept was attractive at first... but in the end... it was a crappy experience for both my wife and I. Personally I wouldn't recommend this game. It's incomplete although they say it is a "Foundation Release" it just means their current product could be at bare minimum set up and it's a work in progress... For all I know the game might not even last through the end of the year with the way they are. The bad press didn't help it either. Save your money for something better or what not.
  80. Apr 18, 2013
    Its an unfinished, buggy and unplayable game with all the hackers, and then I am randomly banned out of the blue for no reason.

Went to make a complain and asked them to review it for me at the help website and simply received a reply telling me how I was hacking and that the evidence is too sensitive to be shown.

I then made a fake account with an email address of mine that was not
    a registered warz account using a character name that was not in game (sbfsbmmzq2) Then made a complaint that I was banned for no reason.

Guess what? I RECEIVED THE SAME REPLY AS I DID ON MY OTHER ACCOUNT.

These people are crooks banning people for no reason coincidentally after the Paypal deadline for returns/claims.

Do not buy this horrible game or support these crooks. The game overall is poor with in-game items becoming rare whilst in-game shop items become more expensive.
  81. Jul 18, 2013
    Needs PVE, and of. Others are okay with the whole PVP thing but in the end, it is unplayable because of people killing you... ALL THE TIME! The developers are con artists, it's boring and is pay to win. Please DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!
  82. Jul 15, 2013
    I got about an entire 20 minutes of playtime, if you can call it that. No tutorial, no directions, no idea how to play, where to go, or what to do, before I was logged off the server and permantly banned with the message "You have been permantly banned for hacking." I've never "hacked" anything in my life, and wouldn't even know where to start.
    After a brief investigation, I discovered
    this game use to called War Z, and had a horrible user rating of only 13. It initially released stating a ton of features it simply did not have, and is now known for taking people's money and immediately banning them.
    Check any forum anywhere related to gaming, and you'll find a ton of such stores. Even their own FaceBook page is full of them (until the moderator gets their and deletes them. They deleted over twenty in just the last 15 minutes before I posted this).

Don't buy this game. It's just a greedy money grab
  83. Jul 18, 2013
    WarZ or infestation survivor stories is the worst game i have played in quite a while. This game is a sad excuse of a great concept. It was released in the boom of DayZ and promised to bring you a fun zombie experience. The game was clearly rushed to release so they could pray on DayZ's success and what we got was a bug filled experience riddled with hackers and exploiters pay to win pile of garbage. The developers were shady banning people who demanded for a refund blackmailing them and treating them like dirt. They made all these high and mighty claims to be in development before DayZ was but have no evidence to support this. The developers should be ashamed of themselves for creating this disgrace to the video game industry. They should apologies for this sad state of a game but they wont because they have already gotten what they wanted some quick cash from the hard working gamers. To the people who support this game you are sadly misled you should not support these developers and defend them you call us bad or kids because we expect good fun games in this day in age. We should be rallying to remove this joke of a game from the steam store so no more have to buy this broken boring and just junk game. Infestation: Survivor Stories (aka) WarZ should be used as an example for developers as to what not to do. Expand
  84. Dec 23, 2012
    This game is just horrendous. False advertising is the only reason it sold even a single copy. either that or because they though it was the Day Z standalone.
  85. Dec 20, 2012
    Absolutely shocking behaviour by this developer. DO NOT REWARD THIS DEVELOPER WITH MONEY.

In case you need more info - this guy made Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. Google it.

Rip-off merchant.
  86. Jan 5, 2013
    Going to attempt to give a fair review... I have been playing this game since Oct 15th and as for potential, it has a lot of it. The problem arises from a few different front, first and foremost, hackers. Unfortunately the person at the top made a wild boast that the game was unhackable, you know what that did in the cheating community, encouraged them to create and sell cheats and they are rampant in WarZ. The other problem is, for whatever reason, promised features are missing and in all honesty, don't appear to be getting added to the game. The only thing that gets added are features that were in War Inc, a game that Hammerpoint created that uses the same engine. The community has been promised many features, few of which we've actually seen, none of which are even close to polished.

The game is ok for what it is at this point, but grows stale with time. Lack of new features and very little to do other than kill other players in a deathmatch atmosphere means that this game is not as billed. Can it be saved? Sure, but time is running out.
  87. Feb 3, 2013
    This game is scam. Don't even try it. Inform yourself via google first. The games producer steals, insults and threathens people who criticize their product.
  88. Dec 19, 2012
    The idea is GREAT - the game and support of the developer however...just WOW....everyone else has pretty much stated anything I could hope to convey in a message - these guys for sure was just wanting to make a fast buck and this time the end-users seem to be letting a company know - they aren't going to take any crap this time around.
  89. Jan 5, 2013
    A shame and disgrace to the gaming industry, DO NOT LET THEM RIP YOU OFF. Please look up news articles and review for the game to realize what they are doing to the people who bought their game
  90. Dec 19, 2012
    It is clear that the creators of this game care nothing about the game/community/dignity, as they have created a scam of a game to gather up as much money as they can before fizzling out of existence.
  91. Dec 19, 2012
    I guess this is where we say: never trust a Russian.
    This guy seems to take communism a bit too seriously.
    Maybe we should give him up to the FBI, i think hes planning more terroristic attacks on the gaming community
  92. Jan 22, 2013
    nothing but hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackershackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackershackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackershackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackershackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackershackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackershackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackershackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackershackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers Expand
  93. oso
    Jan 5, 2013
    This is absolute SCAM! Dont let them steal your money with this pay2win **** - Instead you should try DayZ - it is in every aspect superior to this crap.
  94. Dec 23, 2012
    Absolutely horrible excuse for for a game - the engine is so poorly hacked together, everything from clipping to nasty collision detection issues like walking down a small gradient hill and being somehow slaughtered by the mere action of it, let alone the performance issues whereby users even with high-end machines will see 20fps tops simply - this coupled with a very low polygon count game and textures from 1998 suggest that it is extremely poorly written - infact just for a laugh I attached a debugger, 95% of the time it was blocking waiting for a handle in another thread (sure, add multi-threading but if you don't do it properly you'll end up wasting all your cycles as code waits for exclusive access to objects)

I have serious doubts as to wither the developers will ever really rectify the problems, short of scratching the whole thing and starting with a respectable engine for starters.
  95. Jan 9, 2013
    I was extremely looking forward to playing this game with all build up and fuss i was excited i followed the game closely for months and months on lead up to beta and even pre ordered the legend pack.

But once i started to play the game it was extremely disappointing it felt cheap and slapped together and very dodgy it promised survival but did not deliver you spend more time dodging
    PvP rather than trying to survive the zombie crazed landscape They talked this game up so much prior to release that once they did allow people access they were extremely disappointed it really just arcade version of DayZ There is no real value to it you cant make a base and you cant make fire you cant hunt for animals there is no fatigue level and you cant break bones catch a cold none of the real survival aspects are there which makes the game become very boring very quickly The only survival is basic food water and occasionally you find a weapon but getting it back to safe zone is very low ratio of success you either get killed by another player get done over by hacker or get griefed by server hopper.

This game had the potential to be something big and great but was let down by a money hungry production team thinking about only profit and a DEV team with little imagination and vision to produce something exciting and challenging.

I believe this game will be short lived unless major changes are made as there is so much controversy and complaints about the game such as trademark issue over the games name god knows why they wouldn't apply for trademark before production the game is struggling despite what the games production managers say the games player count is getting smaller by the day and may be little to late to save the game by giving gifts to community because at end of the day they want what they payed for not empty promises and broking dreams i just think they bit off more than they could chew.

I normally would not score a game 0 but this game cost alot of money and gave me nothing in return
  96. Jan 16, 2013
    My main criticism of the game is that it's unbalanced to the point of being unplayable, except for a few minutes at a time. New players are thrown into the game with nothing and are constantly just cattle for the few players who managed to accumulate weapons and ammo early on. The weapon drops are so rare that it's just a lottery draw if you'll be able to survive long enough to find one. There is no PVE option for those who prefer it and servers aren't scaled to the power of the players. So it may be fun for those few with a bully mentality who get no bigger thrill than ganking much weaker players, but without a mechanism to allow beginners a fair chance to come up to par, the game will just hemorrhage players until it isn't even worth playing for the handful of fanatics who are left. By the way, what makes it a pain to advance is that when another player kills you, you lose everything you had on you and start back at square one. This leaves only two possible strategies: team up with large groups, which not everyone is interested in doing, or doing very short scavenging runs and bring everything back to your global inventory (which you keep even when you die) and hope to slowly build up enough equipment to survive. That's a job, not a game. All the technical problems are secondary to the fact that there's no game balance. Even if it were technically perfect, it would still not be a pleasant experience. The only hope for this game's survival is either a PVE mode (which not everyone wants) or ranked servers. On the plus side, the mood of the game is good, mostly due to an excellent soundtrack. Expand
  97. Dec 22, 2012
    Blatent ripoff of "Day Z" and terribly implemented at that. Avoid at all costs. Developers lied through their teeth on steam store page, and the steam userbase were so enraged that this game has been removed from steam and everyone given their money back.
  98. Dec 21, 2012
    Purchased this game on steam.... Really not much to say other than It was a very poor experience. There are much better games out there, not to mentioned much better devs i would rather support.
  99. Jan 10, 2013
    Cloning a F2P game on a terrible engine including the same F2P pay for items mechanics really isn't the way to go about things. The game is far from finished, barely any of the features advertised are available and many parts of the game do not actually function correctly. Avoid at all costs.
  100. Jan 6, 2013
    You can't help but feel that Hammerpoint tried to nickle and dime gamers, and worse they tried to do it on the back of another title. It's a terrible case of a developer trying to take advantage of gamers. It might also have been more palatable if the game wasn't the mess that it currently is. All I can say is. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! Rather save your money! This is complete and utter trash.

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.