1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 4014 Ratings

1. Dec 19, 2012
    Been playing since release in Oct 16th and have been having lots of fun! still more stuff to be added, but the devs listen to the community and the updates are regular and add great new stuff :) 10/10 because it has so much replayability and has a bright future. Don't listen to all the negative reviews, they're just getting caught up in all the drama surrounding WarZ
  2. Dec 19, 2012
    Well, I have voted 10 because I really think, I've got what I payed for. The game has it unique chaotic atmosphere of survival. Not all the features are available yet but devs are releasing up to 3 patches a week!
    I would definitely suggest the game to Zombie fans!
  3. Mar 30, 2013
    If your not a hate-wagon follower or a dayz fanboy and you have archived some grade of maturity in your life, feel free to read me If you are a blind hate bandwagon follower, 15 years old or a day z fanboy, go right ahead and rate my review down, walk away and be happy After all, this game isnt as bad as everyone makes it out to be. While i do agree that the game often goes intoIf your not a hate-wagon follower or a dayz fanboy and you have archived some grade of maturity in your life, feel free to read me If you are a blind hate bandwagon follower, 15 years old or a day z fanboy, go right ahead and rate my review down, walk away and be happy After all, this game isnt as bad as everyone makes it out to be. While i do agree that the game often goes into directions that the playerbase doesnt want this game to go, the game at its core is fun, lots of fun.. The pure insolence that all this so called "Professional and Mature" game magazines have delivered here simply makes me want to rip my hair out It should be 100% clear that this game is far from complete. Since the big hate outbreak that some people started, out of pure self-intrest, the game has improved itself over and over again, engine optimazations have been done, the melee is finally challenging, the world has been improved, houses have been opened, some textures have been enhanced, and so on; And it keeps on going, week after week, day after day it becomes a more and more immersive experience. With my gaming knowledge, starting at the 16 bit era i can honestly tell you that you should give this game a honest try and bring the senseless hate to a halt. Im also telling you that im in deep love with day z and that im eagerly awaiting standalone... After all, i think two great games are better then one, right ?The developers seem to have alot of mercy with the hackers.. It usually goes like this, person "a" hacks, gets reported, the developers take a look at the screenshots that fairfight does of the persons UI, wich detects and shows all signs of ESP, and person "a" finally gets banned! Person "a" cant believe it, spams the forum and writes a support ticket and cries to everyone on how bad this game is, gets unbanned and the process repeats. And so do the simple haters, or fanboys that keep on scaring people off that wanted to buy the game It is sad to see it with a clear mind, it is sad how overpopulated the internet is, with young raging players and immaturity.. It is 15 bucks, it IS a fair price. Im playing this game since it came out, and havent been banned nor kicked nor warned once... Dont listen to those people and give it a try! It really isnt as bad... I am also sorry for those people who really got banned without a reason and i want to make myself clear that i am not talking to them or want to offend them in any way... Thats enouth of my wobble, so, pick it up (or dont) Expand
  4. Jul 2, 2013
    So, I have been looking at this game for a while. I watched a ton of videos about how to play and what to expect. I'm not the biggest fan of Zombies and can't really stick with man MMO's other than WoW. However, I gotta say, I just bought this and its not half bad. I mean, it was only $15. Which I know for some people is a lot of money. Also, in regards to principle, yes I'm aware of whatSo, I have been looking at this game for a while. I watched a ton of videos about how to play and what to expect. I'm not the biggest fan of Zombies and can't really stick with man MMO's other than WoW. However, I gotta say, I just bought this and its not half bad. I mean, it was only $15. Which I know for some people is a lot of money. Also, in regards to principle, yes I'm aware of what happened at its release. I'm aware of what happened. I can't say that I agree with it nor support it. However, aside from that the game has improved GREATLY. The graphics are much more crisp. The lighting can be spectacular. Now, there is the cash shop, however, its really not pay to win. I have just a good a chance to get a drop on you as you have on me. A few well placed shots and poof your stuff is mine :)
    I think that Hammerpoint got the message. Both from the players and Steam. They have apologized for how they went about their practices. Look, is that game worth a zero score...no. Not even close. Is it worth a ten. Nope. However, is it worth your time. Most definitely yes. Looting is challenging and its rewarding to find items. Much of what they promised is now in the game. Outside of cars and any vehicles, which I wish there was. Walking everywhere is pain. Also, there are a lot of areas that really don't have much going on so it can get a little slow at times. However, once you get the idea of where to loot and the battles surrounding those areas, you'll appreciate those places. Also, yes when you die you lose your stuff. I like that they kept that. It makes it a much more tense game at higher population servers.

Its worth your time, trust me its not "Battleship The Video Game" bad. And that game cost $60 on release day.... It's no Sim City. And with a few friends its really really fun.

Hope that helps. Have fun and see you out there.
  5. Dec 19, 2012
    this game should not have been released yet . it is clearly not finished. it is still fun and i absolutely love it . but by no means is it ready for the general public. when this game is finished and has all the features that they have promised it should be epic. as long as they do away with the pay 2 win elements they are sneaking in with the micro transactions, such as paying to revive early.
  6. Dec 19, 2012
    i gave the game a 5/10 because its in BETA, it has potential with all its ups and its downs but i will still say it has potential to be a very fun game. I havent played DayZ but yes i plan on getting it and at least trying it, why because I CAN. And if i like both then i will be playing both. But overall again i gave it a 5 due its ups and downs and yes it is a fun game, but yes it cani gave the game a 5/10 because its in BETA, it has potential with all its ups and its downs but i will still say it has potential to be a very fun game. I havent played DayZ but yes i plan on getting it and at least trying it, why because I CAN. And if i like both then i will be playing both. But overall again i gave it a 5 due its ups and downs and yes it is a fun game, but yes it can be repetative but technically that is how its suppose to be in a zombie apocalypse and all its in is just in a video game version. Expand
  7. Dec 19, 2012
    I am a frequent player of The War Z and to be honest I do enjoy the game a lot. I do die a lot as well but that is besides the point.

I may not agree on how situations are handled however I still take my hat off to Sergey and the rest of the team. The game has a lot going for it and in time it will get better. I for one can defiantly not pull such a game like this off and I am sure that there are not may other that can.

My main point to this would be that WE the COMMUNITY is making or braking this game, WE have had plenty of opportunities to give our input on the game and what WE would like to have and so far have they not made some of the changes that WE asked for? (Less players on servers, more Zombies, more loot) How long do you think this can go on before it all falls apart..

What I say here might be insignificant to a lot of people but I would like to ask just to ease up a bit..
    This game was created with the basic idea of Zombie survival and the COMMUNITY is shaping the game to the way they want it.
  8. Dec 19, 2012
    Very fun gameplay with zombie hords and good gfx. There are a lot of Player, all Server are filled up and you can make Clans and Play with your friends. 1-3 more months, and this game will be rocking the world!
  9. Feb 3, 2013
    I love this game, i don't know why people are so hateful on this game. It has a lot of potential, maybe you guys are missing the fact that it is only in beta. It is an amazing game.
  10. Dec 18, 2012
    War Z is a really good game in the last stages of development, there are some issues that the dev team is working on fixing and a lot of people do not understand or care about the issues they are having which explains the large number of e-hate. Also School holidays is on now so a lot of kids have nothing better to do then hate on things they don't understand. If the game is given a chanceWar Z is a really good game in the last stages of development, there are some issues that the dev team is working on fixing and a lot of people do not understand or care about the issues they are having which explains the large number of e-hate. Also School holidays is on now so a lot of kids have nothing better to do then hate on things they don't understand. If the game is given a chance it will become a great iconic mmo that will last for many years as there is still a lot of content still unreleased in the form of maps, class skills and methods of transport. I vote 8/10 Expand
  11. Mar 9, 2013
    i pre-ordered this game glad i did, you people need to stop sucking on the balls of dayz arma leave us the hell alone. if you actually played the game or spoke to some of its real players maybe you would have a different opinion but no you are all small minded fools being led a merry dance. just get on with it, you play your game and we will play ours. all warz haters are dayz fanboys,i pre-ordered this game glad i did, you people need to stop sucking on the balls of dayz arma leave us the hell alone. if you actually played the game or spoke to some of its real players maybe you would have a different opinion but no you are all small minded fools being led a merry dance. just get on with it, you play your game and we will play ours. all warz haters are dayz fanboys, typical ain't it, trying to get the game to fail. i got news for ya, AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. Expand
  12. Dec 19, 2012
    These negative reviews are ridiculous guys. The War Z is a really good game, and I've had some of the most intense firefights in my 26 years of gaming in this game. Is it true that Hammerpoint has been less than awesome at communicating with their community? Yep. Is it true that their Steam page was copied and pasted from their website with features that weren't in the game yet? Yep. HasThese negative reviews are ridiculous guys. The War Z is a really good game, and I've had some of the most intense firefights in my 26 years of gaming in this game. Is it true that Hammerpoint has been less than awesome at communicating with their community? Yep. Is it true that their Steam page was copied and pasted from their website with features that weren't in the game yet? Yep. Has the development been painfully slow? Yep. However, the game's zombies are really fun and there are lots of them. The PvP is amazing. Pick this game up and give it a try yourself, and ignore these RhinoCrunch trolls and the bandwagon of DayZ fanboys. This game will get your heart racing sometimes :) Expand
  13. Mar 22, 2013
    I do not understand the hater of this game. The War Z is still developing game and owners trying to make the game better. I believe it is %100 worth to buy.(do not listen to the hater)
  14. Mar 24, 2013
    The game has potential and is very enjoyable, i found myself enjoying it more then any other survival game. I would honestly recommend this to all my friends.
  15. Dec 21, 2012
    Its honestly isn't that bad. Its pretty fun when you're online with a group of friends. I really wasn't expecting much at this stage of the game because I clearly understood the terms "Alpha" and "Beta" which the other 90% don't. The greater majority of people who have rated it negatively haven't even played the game, so overall I do recommend the game, but to those who are sceptical dueIts honestly isn't that bad. Its pretty fun when you're online with a group of friends. I really wasn't expecting much at this stage of the game because I clearly understood the terms "Alpha" and "Beta" which the other 90% don't. The greater majority of people who have rated it negatively haven't even played the game, so overall I do recommend the game, but to those who are sceptical due to the hoards of retards who are posting negatively then wait till full release and purchase it off Steam, so getting money back won't be such an issue. Expand
  16. Dec 19, 2012
    the problem with this game is.. people didnt research before they bought this game. i however love it. so..it sucks if you dont like it. just means more zombies for me :)
    NEXT TIME: do your research before buying a game.
  17. Dec 19, 2012
    Haters gonna hate of sure, this game is absolutely fascinating and scary.playi'n since alpha,so why u continue giving 0 vote?Also about 400 of people giving negative review never played this game.Page steam is now ACCURATE and for 10
  18. Dec 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game has a lot of hype. More bad than good I would say, especially just looking at these reviews. A lot of the negative hype are day z fan boys. Sure great, no worries. What many of these posts don't realize is that the game is still in beta. The price was not reduced to 15, it has always been 15. Anyone that spent more gets in game currency equal to what they spent and other perks. Nothing game changing, things like private stronghold servers and such. I have played the game through alpha and into beta, alpha was rough. It was hacker plagued. The hackers have been reduced, and now that it is launching through steam and with the "new anti-hack" out. Which I think is the same anti-hack but with the consequences of hacking a game on steam attached. You kids won't want to lose your steam account will you? The threat of hackers should be greatly reduced. To kozzy420 or anyone that bought the game through steam, I'm not sure how it shows the game, but any research into the game, like 5 seconds into google and you could figure out it is in beta. And come on for 15 bucks you could do a lot worse! I have paid 60 bucks for crappier x box games that I spend less time with than I have with war z. Either way I like war z better than day z at the moment. I will try the day z stand alone but will definitely keep my account going. This is a good game with a ton of negative hype, but don't listen to the people saying they are rushing the game. The game is in beta, so it is still a work in progress, they have already tested skill trees, but have found they need more work to be in the game, so they said they will not have them done this year. Does that sound like rushing? No it sounds like a smart choice by them to not rush something as integral as a skill tree.

The baby gamers of the new generation need to suck it up and clan up. Get together with some people, hold down a town or go explore if you want. We had six of us build a stronghold in the clearview small grocery the other night then call the server out. Told them we had all sorts of good loot, which we did. All of us fully armed with plenty of ammo, barricades for our building, all had body armor and helmets. We held it down for a good hour and a half with lots of action. There was maybe two to three separate groups that showed up. They were doing most of the fighting at first, then the winners tried to take us down, but they were hard pressed. They had a sniper up on a hill with no shot on us, and kept poking their heads into the market to try to get us. They did get two of us, I got two kills, a buddy got two as well. We lost another to the sniper as he tried to loot. We sent him out after we killed a bunch in the town. He came back in and we were able to loot a lot of the stuff. We had to use another barricade in the middle of the street so the sniper couldn't kill us as we looted. It was different, and it was a lot of fun.

Watch a short clip of part of the battle.

Here you can watch us celebrating the holiday.

Here you can watch a zombie montage, the night stuff isn't great. Hard to film at night. Need night vision!

The game is what you make it, but you can't survive on your own for too long. Only a matter of time, clan up, it is an mmo in that sense. For 15$ this game is a bargain. It was always 15! Not a quick cash grab as the haters say. Don't waste your money? I'm sure almost all of you have wasted 15 dollars on more. You don't need gc to play the game as many say. It helps speeds your revival time for about the same cost of a baseball bat. You can't buy guns. You can buy a very limited supply of ammo. The key though as I said you need to clan up, groups of three are decent for going around, but the more the merrier! Enjoy the holidays!
  19. Dec 21, 2012
    People are ridiculous and just being dayz fans. This game is a work in progress and many of the arguments they use are no longer valid, like server population and the amount of zombies. I'm not sure why there is a lot of hate towards this game and it's devs but it has been misplaced. I think a lot of the anger stems from it being a difficulty game especially if you play alone, people getPeople are ridiculous and just being dayz fans. This game is a work in progress and many of the arguments they use are no longer valid, like server population and the amount of zombies. I'm not sure why there is a lot of hate towards this game and it's devs but it has been misplaced. I think a lot of the anger stems from it being a difficulty game especially if you play alone, people get frustrated when they make no progress I get. Well make a friend, I play with the same guy every time and we do swimmingly. The devs are actively updating the game and asking the community for input i really don't get what all the rage is about. Expand
  20. Dec 25, 2012
    Very good survivor MMO, not for the weak of heart or for people who don't like to work hard to get things and possibly lose it all in an instant.

Similar to DayZ with significant differences and in my opinion leaps and bounds better. Ultima Online hands down funnest game I played growing up and I wish more games these days were like that where you can lose everything you have worked to get in the blink of an eye. Too many games these days are designed to work with you to accomplish things instead of make you work for it. Just so new readers know, I am reading through the reviews and like 70% of what I am reading they have already fixed or implemented as they said they would. Such as bugs and majority of hackers banned and the 100player private servers....

This game is a breath of fresh air when compared to games like WoW, BF, CoD, Diablo, Crysis, and whatever other popular games that I play but just can't really enjoy to it's fullest because they are simply too easy and I feel like I am getting my hand held along the way.

I love the adrenaline that pumps through my system at the thought of hearing footsteps running around or especially seeing that guy walk around the corner with an assault rifle, or hearing that crack of a sniper...

There are bugs still granted it is expected for how new it is and they are still working on it. There are several designs about it that are similar to DayZ, but most games are like all other games to be frank. Guildwars, LoL, WoW, Dota, SW, etc.etc. all similar playstyles and all got ideas from other games. Overall great game great experience even though I do get pissed off when I get killed after I spent so much time on it and lose all my stuff before I can get to my global inventory.

Chances are most people hate this game because it is similar to a game they have already played, heard rumors it is a rip off to another game, or they just don't like to work at video gaming.
  21. Dec 23, 2012
    There is a lot of potential in the game. I think that the game is fun but just needs some more time to develope. Mistakes have been made by the developers but I still have faith in them.
  22. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is rather fun. Some prefer DayZ still... but I never liked DayZ much. The feel of the controls on WarZ are much better in my opinion. This game is essentially a modified version of War, Inc. Thats a good and bad thing. The zombies are a bit more realistic, and move the same speed whether inside or outside of a building. They also don't sprint around like crazy like in DayZ.The game is rather fun. Some prefer DayZ still... but I never liked DayZ much. The feel of the controls on WarZ are much better in my opinion. This game is essentially a modified version of War, Inc. Thats a good and bad thing. The zombies are a bit more realistic, and move the same speed whether inside or outside of a building. They also don't sprint around like crazy like in DayZ. Though some of them DO move fast, but not faster than your own sprint. In the long run though, they are still pretty dumb. My biggest problems are actually the way the company acts with its consumers. They pick and choose when to be nice. They can be enthusiastic if its something good. But if theres something bad going on, or something bad they have to say, then they twist it to not be their fault.

There are many features that are yet to come. Originally they had a set list of things guaranteed to be in the game. But they have since made a "Foundation release" with absolutely no plans for an "official release" and still the game isn't complete. This leaves one to wonder what their plans actually are. It seems highly plausible that they are just doing everything they can to save their own butts. When in reality, if they were just honest and kept working hard, they would be protected anyway.

In terms of gameplay itself, I am most disappointed about the amount of PvP. Its advertised as a zombie survival game, and yes, other players will be your BIGGEST threat. But so far its been just about the ONLY threat. Its so far more of a first person shooter where you find your own guns. I still have hope that this game and company will get better. I have some fun when its late at night and hardly anyone else is online. The rare encounters are more appealing when you have the chance to see someone and go the other direction, in oppose to high populations where you are just killed on sight and you have nowhere to run because you're surrounded by players who most likely just spawned.
  23. Dec 21, 2012
    1 should be clear - this game isn't finished product now. It's still alpha/beta even is they call it "foundation release". This is main reason for so many negative ratings. So if you want polished product - wait 6 months. But even in it's current state it's not that bad, just missing a lot of features developers have announced. My rating is for current state. Bay or not - go check1 should be clear - this game isn't finished product now. It's still alpha/beta even is they call it "foundation release". This is main reason for so many negative ratings. So if you want polished product - wait 6 months. But even in it's current state it's not that bad, just missing a lot of features developers have announced. My rating is for current state. Bay or not - go check gameplay videos on youtube and decide - do you like it or not, don't listen to those negative comments. There are lot of false accusations or things that are already solved. Devs work hard and patch game every week or even more often, so problems from previous weeks could be already solved. Expand
  24. Feb 23, 2013
    Even if this game has bugs,glitches ,and unfair player killing.this game is actually not that bad there coming up with more updates more guns more items and more maps.And who could
    forget the character customization.It just had a bad start.
  25. Oct 17, 2013
    Most of the negative reviews for Infestation:SS are due to a buggy (and arguably incomplete) launch of the game. The game has gotten much better since then. You'll either love or hate this game. I love it. It's very challenging an not very noob friendly but once you get the hang of it it's a rush. And with the developers working hard to improve it, it has the potential to be a 10 out of 10Most of the negative reviews for Infestation:SS are due to a buggy (and arguably incomplete) launch of the game. The game has gotten much better since then. You'll either love or hate this game. I love it. It's very challenging an not very noob friendly but once you get the hang of it it's a rush. And with the developers working hard to improve it, it has the potential to be a 10 out of 10 (that is, after they add vehicles, give a PVE area and extra water for noobs, and get punkbuster to quit kicking people). IDK if the PB kicking issue is the game or just PB but that is the only major bug I've had trouble with. Give it a chance, it's addictive! Expand
  26. Dec 18, 2012
    Love this game, just waiting for private servers, once i get my own server then my life will be nothing but War Z. I'm kinda getting bored with the pvp aspect of it atm, not that i die alot, just that i would like my own server to actually be able to kill zombies with a gun w/o worrying about a bandit hearing me.
  27. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is just excellent. I played DayZ before, and then I heard about this game when I stopped playing DayZ. I was excited to see how it were, then I first thought this game was going to be a fail because it is a "MMO", and then my friend convinced me to play the game because it wouldn't suck. There am I, playing this game, enjoying it, but, Hammerpoint should listen more to theThis game is just excellent. I played DayZ before, and then I heard about this game when I stopped playing DayZ. I was excited to see how it were, then I first thought this game was going to be a fail because it is a "MMO", and then my friend convinced me to play the game because it wouldn't suck. There am I, playing this game, enjoying it, but, Hammerpoint should listen more to the community. They don't accept bad critics about the game, but they need to accept it in order to make the game better.

Why this game is considered a MMO: because of the Skill Tree. You can learn new skills (unimplemented yet). I don't know how it will work, but I think WarZ didn't need that.

When I first played this, I kept getting killed and then I was like "F*CK I DIED WHY DID YOU DO THIS MOTHERF*CKER?", but then I just realise that the game is still fun, even when you die. I kept laughing at how the guy killed me, which makes this a good game.

MY FINAL REVIEW: Good game, if you want to try it out, ask your friend that bought it for a Guest Key. That way, you'll not spend any money on the game if you don't like it.
  28. Jan 11, 2013
    Yes, the game isn't finished. Yes, they show features on there website that haven't been implemented. Yes, they should really still call it Beta. Given all that, it is still the most fun I have had playing an online game in years.

Sure, other players will kill you in a heart beat. Sometimes you will be spawn killed. Most of the hacker problems have been fixed, but you might still be killed by one once in a while.

It's a survival game. Don't trust anyone. Toe up to any single zombie and bash him in the head, even with the lowly flashlight, and you will win. More than one zombie after you then run. Scavenge food and drinks you will need them. Scavenge armor, weapons, and bigger backpacks, they are quite rare. Don't run around with you flashlight out and telling everyone where you are, Don't run around out in the open in daylight. People are more dangerous than zombies. All in all the game is a flat out rush. try it. Ignore all the day-Z fanboys.
  29. Feb 10, 2013
    I don't understand why everyone hate this game. I could even say it has the same quality as DayZ, and probably a bit better. The graphics are great, the game server does not lag at all. Of course, there has some problem with releasing the game on Steam with some features that are not yet in the game, but the game is great as it is right now.

I haven't met any bugs, any hacker, and only

I haven't met any bugs, any hacker, and only one glitch. But I know that the hackers are really here, but Ive never been killed by a hacker. The game has a great potential and I really want to see how they will have implemented the features they announced when they released the very first version of the game. They don`t work really fast, maybe because of their lack of experience that some people think they have, but at least they deliver what I paid for when I bough my Legend package.

You may read a lot of negative critics here or on other sites, but these are only DayZ fanboy who doesn't want to see DayZ be forgotten. Also remember that when someone don't have a problem with it, they don't always write a critic about it, because they think that someone else already did, and the score is high.

Buy the game if you like zombies game, it is cheaper than DayZ right now and totally worth the 15$.
  30. Mar 30, 2013
    War Z is one of the few games of this genre, and is still in development.
    The game is better every day, and many of these negative scores are the alpha and the beta of the game, the game has improved a lot.
    Many fixes were made, many bugs fixed, and the game is getting great.
  31. Dec 21, 2012
    This is a great game in the making, it does have bugs and glitches, but I have spent MANY hours and I have had a great time. I agree that the Steam sale was brought too soon though. But for us who bought the game from the original website, we knew exactly what we were getting. Most of the bad reviews here is form people who havent even played the game. Before they talk good or bad aboutThis is a great game in the making, it does have bugs and glitches, but I have spent MANY hours and I have had a great time. I agree that the Steam sale was brought too soon though. But for us who bought the game from the original website, we knew exactly what we were getting. Most of the bad reviews here is form people who havent even played the game. Before they talk good or bad about something, I suggest them try ir first, otherwise they are nothing but sheep. Expand
  32. Dec 22, 2012
    I bought this game and was confused like everyone with missing features. But it was only 13 dollars and 2 weeks later im still playing the game. Game is not a usual mmo. Its throw a bunch of people into a world with the best resources in a few places on the map, zombies all over and then see what happens. What i have seen so far is some amazing pvp. Huge fire fights in the middle of theI bought this game and was confused like everyone with missing features. But it was only 13 dollars and 2 weeks later im still playing the game. Game is not a usual mmo. Its throw a bunch of people into a world with the best resources in a few places on the map, zombies all over and then see what happens. What i have seen so far is some amazing pvp. Huge fire fights in the middle of the woods. Killing people, then trying to take loot before the other players show up. Also working together to clear major zombie areas to gather loot. I have not been hacked in over a week and that hacker failed anyhow. The paided items are horrible items. I find better its in a few minutes. People complaining about this game dont seem to know how to play games like this, same concept as WOW or any other mmo. If someone is camping an area leave that area. Its easy to run away and not get shot in a game full of trees. Yes trees do stop bullets. Expand
  33. Jan 4, 2013
    This game is amazing, the graphics style is excellent and the amount of guns should keep you entertained for a while. 10/10 Has no bugs and no hackers. Perfect game, thankyou Hammerpoint.
  34. Dec 19, 2012
    Please read all the rage reviews in here and tell me how many of them actually talk about the actual game in general and not small features or faulty details. NONE. That's right. They aren't reviews, but just haters that probably haven't played the game for more than an hour. The game has had a growing community since before the Steam release for a reason. I have played this game after itPlease read all the rage reviews in here and tell me how many of them actually talk about the actual game in general and not small features or faulty details. NONE. That's right. They aren't reviews, but just haters that probably haven't played the game for more than an hour. The game has had a growing community since before the Steam release for a reason. I have played this game after it was released as an alpha to the general public, and I can firmly say that have never had so much fun in such a long time. First, this game is not for everyone. It is an MMO FPS SURVIVAL PVP Zombie game which focus on PvP. The game is meant to be rough. No party system or anti friendly fire for example, gives realism to the game. A death penalty of 4 hours per character and lost of all carried items (lootable by other players), creates a survival of the fittest like environment full of tension and gratification at the same time. The War Z look and sound very good, with many details that gives incredible realism to the environment. Is the only game that I've played in a long time that can urge both emotions of great joy or sorrow by the same system. Hear a gun shot, and ether you hide/run for your life or you get filled with valor rushing to find the conflict. This game is hardcore, very hardcore, you could lose hours of farming in an instant just because, for example, you got killed by some stalker that waited till you got distracted with a zombie, but you could also cut hours by executing similar strategies. This is not COD or similar games. You have to think where to go, how to get there unnoticed and most importantly look carefully at your surroundings. You have to keep moving in order to find food and drink to stop hunger or thirst which can eventually kill you, thus preventing camping for long periods. You can run by yourself or hunt loot or players by joining a clan. I have personally experienced many moments of tension, happiness and fear that I will never forget. Felt Incredible joy after killing very farmed players or finding extremely rare items, followed by total fear and/or sorrow by encounters with other players. The global inventory, a place where you can store items for latter use without fear of losing them, has become a memory storage of those moments.

In terms of content and delivery, developers are constantly listening to the community, improving on many aspects of the game and giving life to community ideas. The game has changed so much since the Alpha, which can only be explained by its fast development. The War Z, as a game has technically improved over its source game idea (DayZ) and over its source game engine (War inc) in many ways. So don't get fooled by people who say that the game is just a rip off or some modification of another game/engine. However, it is also technically far from perfect. Glitches, malfunctions and in some cases, lack of details or basic functionality are present in the game. These has been slowly disappearing but some are still present and can affect the gaming experience for some players. In conclusion, this is a very challenging, entertaining and fun game that blast players with great tension and emotions. It is not technically exceptional, but has demonstrated growing improvements over time, with one of the best community-pleasing developers group that I have ever seen. If you don't believe what I say, just look for online stream shows at Twitch.tv or any other site and look at the player's face for the reason why this game is so good.
  35. Dec 19, 2012
    i have fun playing is that not what matters?

its not a scam ignor the trolls they just gota hate for hates sake

..................................................................................................................................................................................
  36. Dec 20, 2012
    This game is great, it is the money hungry CEO that is ruining the game. The Dev's are working their asses off, while Sergay makes promises and deadlines that are unrealistic and are impossible to obtain. I feel with the feedback currently being provided from the community, and the compassion that the development team is showing to the community, this game will only provide great things toThis game is great, it is the money hungry CEO that is ruining the game. The Dev's are working their asses off, while Sergay makes promises and deadlines that are unrealistic and are impossible to obtain. I feel with the feedback currently being provided from the community, and the compassion that the development team is showing to the community, this game will only provide great things to come in the near future. Expand
  37. Dec 22, 2012
    i do like this game despite all the hype and its problems but this game has a TON of potential. yea theres hackers but so has every online game... as its still in alpha/beta it will have problems/glitches...and the devs change stuff BUT as least they ask every 1 what they think and if the change was bad they correct it... overall i have spent many hours on this and YEA ive been killed byi do like this game despite all the hype and its problems but this game has a TON of potential. yea theres hackers but so has every online game... as its still in alpha/beta it will have problems/glitches...and the devs change stuff BUT as least they ask every 1 what they think and if the change was bad they correct it... overall i have spent many hours on this and YEA ive been killed by hackers a few times... and yea i got pissed when i lost all my stuff to some 1. but thats all part of the fun..... hope they continue to improve it.. and cant wait to see how good it will be in a few months... Expand
  38. Dec 19, 2012
    I have been a gamer for 15+ years and this is a GREAT game. My clan has flocked to this and played it every day for the last two months. We will play this AND DayZ standalone. Both offer different gameplay expierences. Best put, WarZ is the COD version of Dayz. It is much more casual friendly versus DayZ. Do not mistake this for being an easy game though. The learning curve on this game isI have been a gamer for 15+ years and this is a GREAT game. My clan has flocked to this and played it every day for the last two months. We will play this AND DayZ standalone. Both offer different gameplay expierences. Best put, WarZ is the COD version of Dayz. It is much more casual friendly versus DayZ. Do not mistake this for being an easy game though. The learning curve on this game is huge, but rewarding. I am not good with reviews, so I will type a normal night for my clan.... Scout gets a vantage point over town. Team of two approaches the town from the east. Team of two approaches town from west. Scout calls enemy positions. Team one assaults and push enemy into ambush setup by team two. Collect loot, move to next town. A lot of fun and stratgy comes out of this game. Expand
  39. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a good game with a company that is really bad at communicating to it's customers. There are a lot of really cool upcoming features. As of right now, aside from DayZ (which is a different play style), there are no other games like this. Take it or leave it.
  40. Feb 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Its a good game after copple of patches and now its nice game when you play with friends or in clan its a awsome game! the beginning of warz is bad now its a very nice game! Expand
  41. Feb 27, 2013
    Many have criticized this game did in Alpha stage.
    This game is good, still needs a lot of corrections.
    It has good gameplay, beautiful graphics and provides plenty of fun!
    I hope the team keep up the good work to solve ALL the problems we are facing.
  42. Mar 5, 2013
    I have played this game for a few months now and while it certainly has his flaws, I severely enjoy it as of today still. It has steadily been improving with patches and updates and for 15$, I would say this definitely is a great one in my book.
  43. Mar 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is 10/10 this is what i need to tell.
    All are saying this is a game but is not,just let them make it better let them time.
    This is what i want to say abut this game
  44. Mar 7, 2013
    um ótimo jogo, no istilo que eu gosto, dificil, bem dificil, recomendo a todos!!!
    o pessoal que esta colocando o jogo como fraco, aposto que foram pegos com hack
  45. Jun 26, 2013
    Great game getting better by the week.Hackers being taken care of quick and now there fixing the loot spawns. If you did not like it before but you only play on a reg server try to make friends with someone that has a pvt server and your game experience will go up.
  46. Jan 3, 2013
    This game, despite what people may say, is okay. Sure, the people developing it are lying, but the actual gameplay is okay-ishly good. There are a couple of bugs here and there, and I have almost never run into a hacker. It also has a lot of potential, for example if more features and maps were added, this would be a better game. There are also some bugs, for example, one time whileThis game, despite what people may say, is okay. Sure, the people developing it are lying, but the actual gameplay is okay-ishly good. There are a couple of bugs here and there, and I have almost never run into a hacker. It also has a lot of potential, for example if more features and maps were added, this would be a better game. There are also some bugs, for example, one time while playing, I was running from zombies and randomly my game crashes. When I log back in, I'm dead. Other then that, this game is alright. Expand
  47. Apr 21, 2013
    I've had the War Z for 6 Months now, and I've not once been disappointed, even if spending half an hour running across a map can be annoying. Even if many critics or users say that the game is unfinished, it's still not "Finished" at least once a week you'll log in to find they've added some new weapons or bigger updates Voice communication, Skill Tree, Clan's etc...)

I must say that

I must say that the only thing stopping The War Z from being amazing is the lack of Vehicles or some sort of transportation. In short, if you are going to buy this game, make sure your going to play with Friends, because alone its very boring.
  48. Dec 18, 2012
    People who are put unlike all delayed because some can not see the front and Warz why?
    because they think Dayz and better, but this is not so for all causes and from warz game
    already sucks when you guys buy the game was not for you guys have the official Warz paid for the full release for so if you guys think about it Warz will be **** believe it or not, the Warz and very good and should not **** compared comment leaving the launch.
    Thanks for reading.
    Stop be kids!!
    I recommend to play!!!!!
    Thanks for reading.
    Stop be kids!!
    I recommend to play!!!!!
  49. Dec 20, 2012
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this game, I feel bad for the amount of trolls that abuse metacritic, Many people who signed the petition on steam because they bandwagoned against toa and tosm even after agreeing, DONT LISTEN to the bad reviews this game isn't fully developed but ive had 40 hours of fun since launch and you will too! COntent patches are rolling out weekly and once you know what to do inI ABSOLUTELY LOVE this game, I feel bad for the amount of trolls that abuse metacritic, Many people who signed the petition on steam because they bandwagoned against toa and tosm even after agreeing, DONT LISTEN to the bad reviews this game isn't fully developed but ive had 40 hours of fun since launch and you will too! COntent patches are rolling out weekly and once you know what to do in game and how to avoid bandits your set! Expand
  50. Dec 20, 2012
    I really don't know whats with all the flack! i picked this game up a few days ago on steam and so did a few of my friends, we have already logged a good 5 hours or more per person and it has been a great game. Did it meet all the advertising no, but Steam does in fact allow games to be published pre completion (e.g. Alpha and Beta). Currently DOTA 2 is 30 dollars and is in Beta or you canI really don't know whats with all the flack! i picked this game up a few days ago on steam and so did a few of my friends, we have already logged a good 5 hours or more per person and it has been a great game. Did it meet all the advertising no, but Steam does in fact allow games to be published pre completion (e.g. Alpha and Beta). Currently DOTA 2 is 30 dollars and is in Beta or you can "View" it for free. I do not agree with how it was posted that there would be all this stuff like a skill tree, you could drive cars and this and that, But as always when you get an uproar of people feeling like they got cheated from oh well there was supposed to be this cool thing. Chill out they will come. its like the whole up to 100 people per server. A lot of people complained because it was only around 50. It did state "UP TO". What I'm trying to say is for the state of this game it really is good, one of my friends who has played dayz said that he has enjoyed this better and its much easier to get into. Just give it a chance and I'm sure most of the people being vocal are probably mad because they can't get a grasp on how to play the game. We have been so babied in the last 5-10 years on what it expected out of a game. It is usually I need to start out with a good weapon, I can't die within an hour...well here there are no guarantee on what will happen you might be spawned for 3 minutes and still die. It may be zombies, it may be another player. That's the point of the game use your wits absolutely nothing will be handed to you on this game you have to scavenge. If getting handed things is what you expect in a real life scenario no matter what disaster it may be you are sadly mistaken. You need to work to survive! I really hope this helps people who are on the edge because of a bunch of people are mad because they cant survive. The game is still kinda buggy but it's still not completely finished. When it is this will be an absolutely wonderful game! Sorry for any bad grammar i just woke up lol. Expand
  51. Dec 19, 2012
    Great game so far, getting better every week. Don't listen to all the rage, I've played since day one Alpha, never seen a hacker, rarely seen glitches. I warmly recommend this game to everyone!
  52. Dec 19, 2012
    All the negatives are being exaggerated greatly. This game has much more potential than DayZ and is already a more fun game. It's not easy game for noobies, but if you do minimal research you should be fine. I do agree however, that Hammerpoint should have waited a few weeks to release the game to Steam. As of the next 2 weeks they will be implementing huge amount of content to the game.All the negatives are being exaggerated greatly. This game has much more potential than DayZ and is already a more fun game. It's not easy game for noobies, but if you do minimal research you should be fine. I do agree however, that Hammerpoint should have waited a few weeks to release the game to Steam. As of the next 2 weeks they will be implementing huge amount of content to the game. They tried to release it early to cash in on Christmas purchases, but clearly the strategy has backfired. Expand
  53. Jan 8, 2013
    is a great game, but it has some problems that must be solved, kind, hackers
    but it is a good game that people have fun playing, but has some that swear the game, their right, but I think they're asking too much, with all due respect, THE WAR Z is a big and great to play! My metascore is 9/10
  54. Jan 28, 2013
    The delevopment has improved greatly since december 2012! Are you a fan of walking dead etc, this is your game. Playing it with friends is kick ass!
  55. Feb 6, 2013
    its weird with someone who not like this game
    i trust this game will be nice ya i know it now its still many bugs/cheater here please know its preety new now right?
    this game is cool and have good graphic and nice idea reality game not like the other reality game the zombie can run like a sports car im trust this game will be a good game sometimes ya many features listed on steam r
    its weird with someone who not like this game

im trust this game will be a good game sometimes ya many features listed on steam r completely missing is they fault who promised some but its not a fact
    but someday they will prove it to you all
  56. Jun 21, 2013
    i finally got the game during recent steam 75% off sale and i have to say its loads of fun to play.

it plays, runs, looks and sounds great and ive really haven't had any real problems to speak of. sure a lot of people have many good reasons to be upset with how the game was released. but they've made a lot of improvements in the last 6 months and it shows. from the skill tree to

but they've made a lot of improvements in the last 6 months and it shows. from the skill tree to the punk buster support that keeps hackers away.

and they've also done a lot of tweaks that make it play and look much better.

also they include to work on it. you can see that from the regular releases that improve the game to the developer diaries where they discuss in detail what they are working on for the future.

also if your not into pvp solor there are a great many clans and free private pve servers. so don't let all the noise about the horrors of pvp stop you from getting this game. just one one of them.

so if you have not already purchased it wait for the next big sale and get it!

finally im giving it a 10 instead of the 7-8 i would like to give it to offset the countless trolls and griefers, many that don't even own or play the game, who have given it a 0-1. and while its not a 10 its not a 0!
  57. Dec 19, 2012
    despite all the negative critics and the many rumors of scams and cheating and lying, the game is freaking amazing. i haven't been able to play anything else for months because i've been spending all my time on this game. it's VERY bare bones as it's simply a map with zombies, loot and player spawn areas. the alignment system is currently useless as there's little reason NOT to be a banditdespite all the negative critics and the many rumors of scams and cheating and lying, the game is freaking amazing. i haven't been able to play anything else for months because i've been spending all my time on this game. it's VERY bare bones as it's simply a map with zombies, loot and player spawn areas. the alignment system is currently useless as there's little reason NOT to be a bandit and kill on sight.

production has been slow, but a good pace for a group of somewhere between 25 and 60 dev's. marketing and PR has been shotty but seeing as there are few members, i would prefer them to work on the game and not flake off and dick around on the forums all day.

the animations and base mechanics improve with every other update.

don't ever let a negative critic or even numbers tell you if a game is good or not. only you will know after you give it a try since it's all about perspective. so here's the question for you reader. . .

do you like zombies? do you like HUGE persistent worlds? do you like pvp? do you like pve? do you want to have the choice of either or?(private servers will be out soon and there's PLENTY of people willing to have Role Playing, PVE and PVP dedicated servers and allow you in) do you like a challenge? do you like making challenges for other players? do you like to roleplay (not just play a character in an MMO)? do you like to explore?

this may be the game for you but keep in mind you must be very patient not just with the development but also with playing the game in general. don't just run out there and expect a large call of duty world. your life is precious in this game as you have a lockout if you die (don't worry, there are 5 character slots and you can always save one for a hardcore character. he loses his skills but you get to play as much as you like)

you are able to spend real money on game things that are convenient, but don't give you any real advantage. for instance, at the moment (could possibly change) you can spend 50GC (1$=125ishGC) to revive a dead character sooner (convenient, not really an advantage), or get some meds or ammo (again, convenient, but by no means an advantage).

for the best experience in game, it could be best to play with a group. if you can not find a trusting group online or in real life friends, you may try to join one of the many many clan's. these can lead up to some really amazing and fun times. one of my favorite experiences was when about 24 of us were running through a server to waste weapons before they wiped the inventories.

give it a shot. i won't blame someone for not liking this game but i freaking love it and am looking forward to even MORE content to come.
  58. Dec 19, 2012
    Fun, lot of stress, but we have to play with friends for more survivability! Dont believe rage comment, they dont know how to play, and this game will be improve by devs.
  59. Dec 19, 2012
    The only people that votes this game so low are dayz fanboys that wish to see any other zombie survival game similar to dayz fail, and noobs that die from bandits (they then blame hackers). I play bandit in game, and I love it when whenever I kill a noob, they will then yell out "HACKER"!.. haha.. But most of the haters are dayz fanboys. Seriously guys, stick to your dayz.
    The game is not
    The game is not terribly buggy. I've been playing alot, and only once or twice I have come across a glitch, where I would accidentally go through a wall.. Other than that, gameplay is not that bad. Those that say that the game is filled with bugs to the point where the game feels broken, is obviously lying and trying to make people hate the game.
  60. Dec 20, 2012
    Unfortunately a lot of people are not rating the game itself and are instead rating it's premature release. When I purchased the game I was directed to a forum page that explained it was a foundation release and a lot of the features were not out. And as I actually pay attention I didn't feel cheated and bought it anyway. It has a lot of potential and can be very fun at times. What I'veUnfortunately a lot of people are not rating the game itself and are instead rating it's premature release. When I purchased the game I was directed to a forum page that explained it was a foundation release and a lot of the features were not out. And as I actually pay attention I didn't feel cheated and bought it anyway. It has a lot of potential and can be very fun at times. What I've enjoyed most is some of the elaborate traps people have set up for me. It's rare to get a laugh out of being killed but sometimes I have to tip my hat to the bad guy. Unfortunately the game was rushed and needs a lot of polish. One downside, like so many other games, is hackers. I have not ran into a lot but loosing all your stuff when you die makes hacking even more frustrating. If it was more than $20+ I might have been disappointed but the uniqueness of it and the fact it was $13 means I'm happy with the purchase. They have also released 2 updates in the 3 days I've owned it so at least their working on it. Expand
  61. Dec 22, 2012
    The game is amazing!!! I have played since day 1 of alpha. The people that are raging about the game, just dont know how to play a zombie survival. I played day z , and War Z makes day z look like crap. War Z is only getting bigger and better. i cant wait for the upcoming features
  62. Jan 6, 2013
    Even though i only have guest passes i was in production before dayz and statistics show that more people are hackers in dayz than in warz making warz having a more fun aspect about it i really recomend this game my friends and i play this all the time. All these people that areposting are dayz fanboys. I bet half them have not even played the game. This game is a buy.
  63. Mar 23, 2013
    Best game ever end of story.
  64. Apr 13, 2013
    This game is fantastic! The only problem is that you have to wait for an hour to play again,but the game is real cool!I like the graphics,the controlling and I think this game is better than DayZ
  65. Dec 21, 2012
    The game is still work in progress, but is absolutely worth purchasing at its price. Despite it being a raging troll magnet, it's definitely worth checking out. You get what it is; a zombie survival game, and more and more features are being added. I truely love this game.
  66. Jul 11, 2014
    It had potential. Unfortunately Hammerpoint never listened to their fan base and milked what they could from micro transactions without fixing the issues they should've focused on.
  67. Dec 20, 2012
    Good game. Now raw, but has great potential.
    Pre order the alpha stage. Package survivor. Was pleased with everything, but that's the price you promised not previously done so, in the end overpaid.
  68. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a awesome game!
    Deserves a better note, he is still in development, the developers have been working hard and always releasing updates and improvements. Stopping scams, this game have a great idea and a great future! Congratulations to the staff and the developers of the game, do not be discouraged and keep up the great work!
  69. Jan 1, 2013
    Sergey Titov did it again. The only reason I'm not giving it a 10/10 is because it isn't as WINNER as Big Rigs or Remington Big Buck Trophy Hunt, but it's certainly the most WINNER game out this year. Congratulations, Titov, and may we all be WINNER!
  70. Jan 3, 2013
    The game can be categorized as a simulation and not action game. This is more like The Walk Dead universe and not the guns a blazing like the Left 4 Dead series. This game is a MMO game with features of trading, collection of items, cooperative play. This game is $15 USD however it uses free-to-play (or aka micro-transaction) strategies to pay for its online servers' maintenance costs.The game can be categorized as a simulation and not action game. This is more like The Walk Dead universe and not the guns a blazing like the Left 4 Dead series. This game is a MMO game with features of trading, collection of items, cooperative play. This game is $15 USD however it uses free-to-play (or aka micro-transaction) strategies to pay for its online servers' maintenance costs.

In the game you a survivor of zombie apocalypse. You find yourself without food, water, or companions. So you make your way to the nearest town. You look around for food and water avoiding zombies since you don't have any weapons. You find lots of food, and a gun. As you are scavenging the market place you find another survivor. She says she's hungry and you give her some of your food. She says thanks and goes on her way. You decide to check the back alley for supplies, survivor you meet earlier is there... pointing a gun at you. She orders you to drop your back pack and supplies. You need that food, there isn't anything left in this town and the next town is miles away. You still have the gun you found earlier in your underneath your shirt in the front. What do you do? Do you let her take all your supplies and hopefully be able to make it to the next town? Or do you kill her? In desperation you take out your gun and kill her before she kills you. Then you hear lots of zombies heading your way, it must have been the sound of the gun shots. You take what you can and race out of town for safety while shooting your way out. Now you have no bullets. On to the next town. Hopefully it will be a better day tomorrow.

The above is what happens to you in the game but I wrote it in story form.
  71. Jan 6, 2013
    Great game, Like Demon Souls with GUNS! I love how hardcore this game is I have killed and been killed many times, lost tons of loot and found some cool stuff. Now this game is a sandbox FPS zombie survival - EVERYTHING I wanted. I like Dayz but I like the gunplay in The War Z much better.

This game does catch much fodder for some reason, I think its mainly a small group being extremely vocal about how much they hate this game... that or they pissed that they lost their loot... LOL Its all part of the game now shut up and play.
  72. Jun 23, 2013
    In the launch the game sucked it had a lot of hackers and bugs! But actually the game has improved a lot with the Punkbuster which make the hackers stay out of the game! The game worth your money!
  73. Dec 28, 2012
    Im playing the WarZ for 2 or 3 Months now. And i just must admit, the game isnt that bad as it is shown at the media. Its a lot of fun to play with friends. Sureley the game is not everyones taste, cause it just doenst fit the MMO Mainstream. Many hundrethousands of people play the game and still have fun. Im sure if they implement the Features announced the game will even geht better.
  74. Dec 18, 2012
    I purchased this game back in October for it Alpha release. I was taking a risk that I definitely do not regret. The game decently solid as of now. While there may be a few bugs, the game is overall fun to play and is definitely worth the buy. Regarding the whole "missing features" bit, the features listed are either planned, or are in-game already. This is nothing to be worriedI purchased this game back in October for it Alpha release. I was taking a risk that I definitely do not regret. The game decently solid as of now. While there may be a few bugs, the game is overall fun to play and is definitely worth the buy. Regarding the whole "missing features" bit, the features listed are either planned, or are in-game already. This is nothing to be worried about, and these features will come in time. the only negative part of the game, other than minimal bugs, is the community. Many people just shoot on sight and do not consider teaming up. If you want to play a good, open-world zombie game: this is the game for you. Expand
  75. Dec 19, 2012
    Só nao é melhor porque tem muito hacker... e repito sinto vergonha de 90% deles serem BR....
  76. Jun 20, 2013
    I'll tell you guys why i'll give the game 10/10

I'll tell you guys why i'll give the game 10/10

On the beginning, when the game was released. It indeed had a lot of problems. People could use hacks, false information on steam. I did buy the game on the release date. I also did enjoy it, but there always were the moments, when you see a hacker with a sniper rifle. He kills you, you die and loose all your stuff. Indeed it was annoying, but even with all those problems. Hammerpoint Interactive" did not give up. They tried to improve the game with everything they could e.g adding a punk buster. I'm playing the game as we speak. You certainly can see the improvement
  77. Dec 19, 2012
    I ve played DayZ for about 2 hours before the ugliness of the game made me quit. This on the other hand looks ok and is still improving. Granted there was a PR **** up with the steam release and it still needs a lot of work bit the game has a lot of potential and certainly deserves better the the current user score seems to suggest
  78. Dec 18, 2012
    I don't understand why people would compare this game to Day Z. They might be in the same environment, share gameplay or something else, BUT YOU ALL BOUGHT COD:BOII, similarities never stood in your way before, why are they so important now? Game is not the greatest one, but hey, it's not THAT bad. Support in War Z is very responsive to what players want, they update game almost every day,I don't understand why people would compare this game to Day Z. They might be in the same environment, share gameplay or something else, BUT YOU ALL BOUGHT COD:BOII, similarities never stood in your way before, why are they so important now? Game is not the greatest one, but hey, it's not THAT bad. Support in War Z is very responsive to what players want, they update game almost every day, they really putting a lot of effort into it. Also I think that reddit posts and all the frauds against War Z is Day Z developers' fault.
    TL;DR give the guys a break
  79. Jan 2, 2013
    I pre-ordered this game and I've been loving it ever since the October 15th alpha release! It's received a lot of negative reviews because people didn't do their research and thus failed to understand that it was a game in development, even though it was CLEARLY marked as Alpha on the purchase page, we were notified before purchase in the FAQ and that we would get early access compared toI pre-ordered this game and I've been loving it ever since the October 15th alpha release! It's received a lot of negative reviews because people didn't do their research and thus failed to understand that it was a game in development, even though it was CLEARLY marked as Alpha on the purchase page, we were notified before purchase in the FAQ and that we would get early access compared to those who didn't pre-order.

More confusion and anger came when people misinterpreted what the devs said about a 'release wipe'. Items were wiped when going from alpha to beta, and all the kiddies and trolls complained that they'd spent soooo long on looting items. That's not even what the game is about...

9/10, plenty of patches and new features coming in 2013! Get on it, guys and gals!
  80. Dec 19, 2012
    I like the game but absolutely can't believe how badly the developers treat their community. Launching a 4 hour respawn without talking to the community first and then expecting them to pay to be revived. How can I sell this to my friends??? They need to listen to the community and develop a relationship with them like many many other great small developers.
    The game can only survive with
    The game can only survive with a good community relationship into the future. Right now it does not have that at all.
  81. Dec 19, 2012
    The game should have never been released on Steam I'll give it that. But this game is not a complete game ether, the Dev's need to come out and admit to that and then start fixing it. If they can do what they promise when people bought the Alpha pre-release then they will be solid.
  82. Feb 23, 2013
    I've played this game for a couple of months now and have been amazed at some of the advancements it has made over its life cycle. I thoroughly enjoy this game on a daily basis, alone, with friends, any time. While it can be frustrating at times when a hoard of zombies takes you out or a group kills you, it is still some of the most fun I've had in a long time. The zombie AI far exceedsI've played this game for a couple of months now and have been amazed at some of the advancements it has made over its life cycle. I thoroughly enjoy this game on a daily basis, alone, with friends, any time. While it can be frustrating at times when a hoard of zombies takes you out or a group kills you, it is still some of the most fun I've had in a long time. The zombie AI far exceeds Day Z's Zombies. Would I recommend this game? If you can get over a few bugs here and there, and a few of the inevitable hackers... I would most certainly recommend this to you. Expand
  83. Dec 18, 2012
    The game is actually really fun, the PVP is awesome..... haven't had this much fun in a shooter in a while to be honest. I got about 11 of my friends/family playing every night and we have a good time.

hacker bans have caused an uproar int he community so i wouldn't be surprised if they've all teamed up to write bad reviews and give the game a bad name. The game is unfinished... but

The game is unfinished... but they've been making good progress.. its still a diamond in the rough but its well worth the 14 bucks.
  84. Dec 29, 2012
    Is the best zombie game, much better than dayz, the only problem are the crybabies who did not investigate before buying and later realized that the game is in beta.
  85. Dec 19, 2012
    there seems to be a giant up-heap with people not liking the game.

there seems to be a giant up-heap with people not liking the game.

first, do not compare this game to dayz they are not the same game nor was dayz the first of its kind for those of who remember playing dynamic zombie sandbox by craig which was out before the first mention of dayz in which i always liked dzs more then dayz. secondly, i have been trying to figure out why and how so many people are crying about this game when i join a server and the majority of people of each server i have played on like the game, maybe because there all off enjoying it and not crying on websites. third, how hard is it to research or gather information before you buy some thing? i have never relied on a steam description to determine a purchase for me, youtube and the thousands upon thousands of highly appreciated people who do game reviews and game play videos are available after typing a single sentence, one of the largest problems i have seen is kids buying the game then crying for a refund because they do not like the respawn time which currently sits at 4 hours upon death, well choose hardcore and have it instant delete on death and you wont have a respawn timer, however when skills are introduced you will want to keep what you earn.

forth, game play/graphics. the game play even while still being worked on is enjoyable in my opinion, i do not see how people were saying you wont ever see that many zombies in game ( steam screen shot reference ) when i have seen at least 5 hordes in just a few hours of play yesterday ( by horde i mean about 30-50+ zombies traveling in a group ) its not to hard to start adapting and finding supplies to survive and it is more recommended that you do so with friends, groups make a night and day difference especially in a game where players can simply choose to kill any one they see and be a bandit in order to survive, imo bandit groups do not last long because its not long before they start turning on each other for gear and supplies, my only current gripe with the game is the bad fall detection and not being a choice for PvE only servers as me and my friends currently playing would like to not worry about bandits and have a survival of us vs zombies game play style. the graphics i currently have set to ultra are smooth and more then pleasing enough for my taste and style, god rays coming through trees, shadows shifting through the full day and night cycle the only other thing i could ask for would be a weather system to complement the graphics and environment which would add greatly to the game.

imo for 15$ this game was quite worth it, i knew exactly what i was buying before i bought it, and i look forward to the game developing and growing over time.
  86. Dec 19, 2012
    I love the gameplay since the Alpha stage. I think many people just misunderstanding this game and about the failed advertising of the dev. But really, if this game is not your type of game then don't play it, let's the other have fun because you guys are ruining the game!
  87. Jan 31, 2013
    Yes this game has its flaws. But I have had so much fun with it, that I have to rate it at least a 9. I bought it before the steam launch and I do not regret it one bit. I had been looking at DayZ videos, looking at how cool it was, but did not want to purchase ArmA II: CO to play it. I decided to wait for the DayZ standalone. Then a friend told me about The War Z, so I bought it and haveYes this game has its flaws. But I have had so much fun with it, that I have to rate it at least a 9. I bought it before the steam launch and I do not regret it one bit. I had been looking at DayZ videos, looking at how cool it was, but did not want to purchase ArmA II: CO to play it. I decided to wait for the DayZ standalone. Then a friend told me about The War Z, so I bought it and have enjoyed it all this time. Met some great people in the game, going around in a group of six is so fun! While I do enjoy The War Z, I have never yet played DayZ and do plan on purchasing the standalone when it's released and playing a bit of each. Expand
  88. Feb 26, 2013
    Best game ever
    everthing is perfect

Inglés

Español

Portugués

graphics, story, sound, animation, weapons, maps, pvp, stock

the best are the zombies, zombies never saw better, look real
  89. Mar 1, 2013
    bad comments refear to december ..so the pre alpha, worst way was to launch a non finish game;
    btw i'm playing from a month and the game is really cool, i'm having fun with friends
  90. Mar 2, 2013
    This game is not bad, It's even worth buying the weapons, and extra supplies with real money. I got banned for the first time buying it, but I bought another one, so it works out well.
  91. Jun 24, 2013
    I picked up WarZ on day one and it was really buggy, but still in alpha/beat so I didn't complain. I've watched it for a while and have recently started playing again. I've been having more fun in Infestation: Survivor Stories, as it's now called, than I have any many other pvp games in quite a while. It's worth giving another chance if you still own it.
  92. Dec 19, 2012
    this game has been a blast since day 1, Very fun group co-op play, had many exciting and amusing gun fights between groups of survivors and while scavenging on my own. DEF worth a try for the cheap price
  93. Jul 19, 2013
    Don't listen to any of the bad reviews, this is a very good game. I hesitated because of the heat it was under but I regret not getting it earlier, this game is great and tops dayz in every single way. Buy it, it's worth it and if you go into it unbiased you won't be disappointed.
  94. Jan 5, 2013
    A pesar de la polémica que el juego ha traído por su lanzamiento en fase beta y de los tramposos que se deben ir controlando, si eres forofo de los zombies y de los juegos en primera persona, éste es tu juego.

Hay que valorar que los creadores del juego está luchando contra viento y marea para que los tramposos no arruinen su juego, ya que por la información incorrecta de su publicidad (independientemente de que el juego es muy bueno para su precio), una comunidad de hacker están intentando boicotear el juego para que lo demás jugadores que les gusta terminen frustrados por las trampas. Los desarrolladores van frecuentemente sacando actualizaciones y mejoras que haran en el futuro que sea uno o el mejor juego multijugador de Zombies que existen.

La Relación calidad/precio es enorme. Solo 15$.
  95. Feb 18, 2013
    Great game from an indie developer, not polished, but I like to see it as a work in progress, and I've already got more than 10x worth out of the cheap game cost
  96. Feb 20, 2013
    All the hate is just some DayZ Fan boys hating The WarZ, The warZ is just like jumping right in to the strawberry river, its the best thing can ever play, ok thoe, it has som bugs and glitches but SERUSLY. its the best game ever made, Im a real fan of The elder scrolls, and i need to say bye bye to Skyrim because Im going to play The WarZ. i promisse you its worth evry single penny!!. byAll the hate is just some DayZ Fan boys hating The WarZ, The warZ is just like jumping right in to the strawberry river, its the best thing can ever play, ok thoe, it has som bugs and glitches but SERUSLY. its the best game ever made, Im a real fan of The elder scrolls, and i need to say bye bye to Skyrim because Im going to play The WarZ. i promisse you its worth evry single penny!!. by the way dont trow hate on it because u died 10 seconds after you spawned (if thats true then Ur a EXTREMELY NOOB) just make a new character and give it a new chance. The WarZ 10/10 Easy! And Remember its just in Beta now.... Expand
  97. Feb 27, 2013
    I thoroughly enjoy this game. It has had many ups and down along the road and has had flamers the entire way who simply did not want to credit someone whom they feel stole the idea when they simply wanted to make something to be enjoyed. I still credit most of the hard times in developing this game to the people who have made hacks for it. Really? :P They slowed this entire process downI thoroughly enjoy this game. It has had many ups and down along the road and has had flamers the entire way who simply did not want to credit someone whom they feel stole the idea when they simply wanted to make something to be enjoyed. I still credit most of the hard times in developing this game to the people who have made hacks for it. Really? :P They slowed this entire process down with their easily avoided issues. However, with the death of around 90% of the hackers the game has finally started releasing good content and frequently doing so. I can only see it going uphill from here on out. Expand
  98. Dec 19, 2012
    I have been playing this game since October 15th. It is, to put is simply, a great game. Yes, it is still a work in progress, with new things continually being added, but that is what you want in an MMO, right? It is a hard game for beginners, because it is a survival game and it is now just as much a pve game as a pvp one. If you can understand that you are going to die a lot whileI have been playing this game since October 15th. It is, to put is simply, a great game. Yes, it is still a work in progress, with new things continually being added, but that is what you want in an MMO, right? It is a hard game for beginners, because it is a survival game and it is now just as much a pve game as a pvp one. If you can understand that you are going to die a lot while learning the ropes, you will enjoy it. Most people are upset that all the features are not there yet, but the ones that are working are great. I have watched this game develop over time and it is still one I am playing daily. Expand
  99. Dec 25, 2012
    The game is great if DayZ came out after The War Z people would be doing this to it. Don't say no because it's true you would be dissing it. COD is a rip off of MOH because MOH was first! That's about much sense you all make with this. Stop with the bandwagon. Half of the hate is idiotic nonsense, no truth in most of it AT ALL. I've been part of this game since DAY ONE and will continue toThe game is great if DayZ came out after The War Z people would be doing this to it. Don't say no because it's true you would be dissing it. COD is a rip off of MOH because MOH was first! That's about much sense you all make with this. Stop with the bandwagon. Half of the hate is idiotic nonsense, no truth in most of it AT ALL. I've been part of this game since DAY ONE and will continue to support it. Don't like it then get out! Your hatred is unneeded. Be like someone starting a petition to illegalize Mountain Dew because he hates it so everyone jumps in because others are doing it, stupid! Expand
  100. Dec 26, 2012
    Been playing since alpha and it is an amazing game with a lot of potential.Do you know why this game is getting bad reviews?IT ISN'T FINISHED!I'm tired of all your negative reviews!The game isn't done yet.Yes hackers run rampant in this game and some of the features are not implemented as of yet.But it will be a best seller as soon as it is finished.Hell the new maps coming out will makeBeen playing since alpha and it is an amazing game with a lot of potential.Do you know why this game is getting bad reviews?IT ISN'T FINISHED!I'm tired of all your negative reviews!The game isn't done yet.Yes hackers run rampant in this game and some of the features are not implemented as of yet.But it will be a best seller as soon as it is finished.Hell the new maps coming out will make the scores for this game jump real high.So be patient... try the game.It is fun even in it's unfinished state! Expand
  101. Sep 17, 2013
    -Graphics- 5/10. They are not equal to what is being put out today. The graphics are a bit old looking, and everything just looks dull. There isn't much variety in between places, and everything looks gray.

-Performance- 4/10. Luckily, it did not slow my computer down, so I did not experience lag, but boy, it was buggy...nuff said. -Gameplay- 1/10. Sadly, this is true. I began in the

-Gameplay- 1/10. Sadly, this is true. I began in the middle of nowhere, and only had a flashlight. I wasn't with any other survivors, but I was in the middle of nowhere. It took me about 5 minutes to get to the closest city, only to be taken down by horde of zombies. With no tutorial or any help, I had no idea what to do, so I was pressing random keys. Once I died, I had to wait for about an hour (If I remember correctly) to play again. So I waited, and again, I spawned in the same place, but I went to less populated city. It was hard to play, sadly, because it was so appealing to me.

-Sound- 4/10. The same zombie sound...Sadly, it is higher because who can't go wrong with a moaning zombie?

-Conclusion- This game was atrocious. It was on sale on Steam for $3, and I would usually say it was worth the $3, but it wasn't. I have only played it twice, and uninstalled it right after. This game seems like it was made for a highschool project. It seems rushed and unfinished, and could just be one of the worst games I have played in my lifetime. If it goes on sale for 99 cents, don't buy it, it isn't worth the money, I give this game a generous score of a 3/10.

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.