1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 3983 Ratings

1. Dec 19, 2012
    Bought this game a few months ago after all of the hype. Probably the worst $25 I have ever spent on any game in my entire lifetime. The developers say "This game isn't pay to win!" Yet you can spend REAL money, to buy items in-game, to help you beat another player that you fights, or help fight of an oncoming hoard of zombies. Who the **** adds in a store where you can buy **** to a ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GAME. The whole ****ing point is to survive off the land, and find stuff around the map. Not to mention the terrible optimization of the game, accompanied with absolutely **** graphics that looks like my dog has just eaten something green and then shat it our onto the computer screen. The developers are full of lies, and there isn't ONE thing that is remotely true on their webpage or steam page.

Personally I do not even know why Valve added this game to steam, or why the developers are still updating the game, or why the fanboys can't just get the **** over the fact that they WASTED their $25-50, and stop defending the **** stain that lies on my computer screen.

Please. PLEASE! Do not even bother thinking about buying this game, but if you do, don't bother asking for a refund, because they will just blacklist you.

OK I have said enough.
  2. Dec 19, 2012
    Scary thing is I almost bought this piece of crap! Before I clicked the "purchase" button and confirm payment I decided to check the death penalty. If it was like DayZ, no problem... That is when I saw 1 hour of waiting time, 12 hours planed... 5 character slots. Bugs, bad animation, recycled crap, tiny map... Then I found out about the Big Rigs game and the head honcho who worked there is the same as the one working in "the War Z". I quickly closed it, took it out of my wish-list and spread to all my friend virtual and real how crap this thing is.

AVOID IT.
  3. Dec 19, 2012
    Worst game I've ever purchased and the one and only time I've ever gotten a refund for a game purchase. I won't be buying another product from hammerpoint studios as a result of their shady business methods and blatant false advertisement.
  4. Dec 19, 2012
    Fantastic idea, ruined by the complete lack of anything that defines a "game". It's simply not playable in this state. If you can manage to not be shot the second you get close to anything interesting (read: an item), you're in for the treat of buggy, lag-filled, horrifyingly bad melee combat with poorly animated zombies. It's not all bad: when my friend and I teamed up to search the city for interesting items and weapons, we had a great time defending each other from zombie attack. We found armour, backpacks, and food, and congratulated each other on our fine zombie-killing form. It was good. We were then gunned down by an AK47-wielding player from the bushes for literally no reason. We didn't even have guns.

Need more? If you create more than ten characters they do not spawn with anything, even a pathetic flashlight. Died? Four hour respawn unless you want to pay REAL MONEY to respawn immediately.

It's a terrible PVP game marketed as a groundbreaking zombie apocalypse simulator. Do not buy it. If you have, get your refund from Steam. God help this developer.
  5. Dec 19, 2012
    Well, let's see, the game proposal is perfect, a zombie MMO in a apocalyptic world. It were fun in the beginning, in the beginning of November. After that the game become crazy. LOT of hackers, LOT of players who just wanted to kill everybody without reason. I had real fun in the beginning. Now the game looks like **** Their promises looks like "We will do that...just 5 more minutes" nothing is working. Skills, engine, animations. nothing at all. I miss my 29 USD. Hope the game gets better, but for now, I've lost money. Expand
  6. Dec 20, 2012
    this game is a sh*t. The programmer are layer and sh*ts.
    And now they have been accused of plagiarism.
  7. Dec 20, 2012
    Terrible game, don't buy it. Shady company, regret every penny and second I wasted on it.
    The pictures on steam are staged and show game events that will never happen.....and a new update makes you PAY to revive your character within 4 hours...
  8. Dec 24, 2012
    A few days ago the lead developer put up a post in the forums asking everyone to go to Metacritic and give their reviews. the vast majority of the forum goers have come here to tell everyone what a horrible game The War Z has become ... not how it started horribly.

In all fairness, the first 15 days of development were the most promising ... after that it was very slow going and none of
    their road map goals in development were met on time. After the Steam fiasco many people (who were lied to) came here as well to give their obligatory 0's as the game they bought was nothing like the game which was advertised - a fair review considering what they got vs. what they were promised.

This game HAD potential to be a great first step in the realm of Zombie MMOs but has since declined into a state of patching minor aspects only to unpatch them and call them optimizations, nullify implemented mechanics (pay2res or wait on a 4 hour respawn - an obvious cash-grab) and essentially try to cover a PR disaster of apocalyptic proportions. On top of the fact the lead developer was served with a trademark suspension a month before releasing the game to Steam for sale, there now seems to be a lot of speculation of whether or not they will simply change the name or completely cease and desist. I had such high hopes, but the development team is less competent than disaster relief in America. Hammerpoint Interactive and Sergey Titov should be legally bound to stop making video games.
  9. Dec 21, 2012
    Obviously this "game" is a scam. Computer game equivalent of the Nigerian e-mail scams that circulate the net, I warn you about this "game" stay away from it, you don't release this stuff and say it's a complete game which they did to make a quick buck, stay away.
  10. Dec 22, 2012
    This is seriously, the best game I've played all year. I have no idea how this masterpiece has a 1.1 average. WTF are you people playing. Obviously not the War Z. The animation quality is stellar and it makes combat a great pleasure. It's tough, but once you have a weapon it really feels like an authentic zombie survival experience. But the thing which most impressed me is how fair the micro transactions are. You get useful upgrades and cosmetic options which I feel are really worth the money. It's great to run around with a firemans helmet and enjoy the game with a couple of friends. Well worth the money for the game and the countless dollars I've spent on revivals, hats and virtual food.
    A few more notes on this game: I LOVE how fall damage works, it's so realistic, and I like how it makes you think creatively to cross a river. I mean, swimming makes no sense, the water would probably be infected.
    Overall, a great experience which I would thoroughly recommend to anyone interested in quality fps zombie survival mmos.
  11. Jan 23, 2014
    I'm giving it a one as the game is playable. That's the only reason as the game is still suffering from monumental bugs, issues and other problems (hackers). It has now been more then a year and it hasn't improved a bit. The cars, "super-zombie" and the hilariously buggy "flanking" zombie are nothing that actually helps the game.

PVP oriented "survival" game and there is a button to
    simply press F10 to immediately get into the shop. Don't know if they removed it but I would wager they did as their development team seem very schizophrenic at best. Expand
  12. Dec 25, 2012
    The developer thinks we are a bunch of cattles and he can herd our wallets towards their bank account.
    I played the game and all I can say is Thank God they give refunds...
  13. Dec 25, 2012
    Altough it is completely cool the idea to make a awful Day Z ripoff and call it "your game", this game is completely unfinished (if it is ever going to be finished because of these controversies) , the zombies are like a water bottle on your desk: it's completely useless you want to drink it
    the true enemy of War Z are the other players: childish moderators who will only kill you at any
    time, give themselves godmode and noclip, and permanently ban you if you say to them stop, if you try to make an appeal on their forums, you will also get banned from all their network (War Inc, for example, which i will never play again because of War Z), also counting the awful game engine, you may be now thinking that i'm one of these people who judge the games by its graphics, the graphics in War Z however, are so badly made that the game even lags and crashes because of it,
    It is also rageful seeing the gamers at twitch TV getting randomly banned for no reason and the lies the devs spread on Steam, all the photos on the Store are completely faked, thus all the player models and weapons in the game are from War Inc,

The name of this game should be The Money Z, EVERYTHING in War Z is real money, even creating a clan and setting up a server needs real money, also when you die, all the items you brought from the store will be deleted, which also shows how money-grabbing sillies the developers are, Valve does the same thing, but they do it in a good way though, TF2 for example uses real money, but you don't lose them when you die and Valve uses their money for lots of things, donations, charity, setting up events, interviews and etc. while the War Z as shown, the devs get the money to themselves and only, Hammerpoint is the PewDiePie of gaming industry.

The War Z is only full of bad things: You cannot swim, childish moderators, useless AI, you cannot swim, awful PVP system, infinite amount of bugs and glitches, the ban wave used by the devs, hackers, big lies about it on the steam store, Hammerpoint gives Indie Game developers (such as me and my best friends for example) a bad fame, staying that Indie game devs only care about money, which is not true, we all care for our fans and community, while the War Z devs care about the money, saying "Screw the community and players, let's grab the money and ban them if they attempt to talk to us, also let's hide ourselves on the internet, so if people attempt to sue us, they will not know out real name!"

did not understood this big wall of text you probably didn't even read?, heh....

DON'T buy this game, if you even call this abominable torture method a "game"

Action 52 is GOTY compared to the War Z
  14. Dec 29, 2012
    This game is terrible. There was so much hype for it because of the images that were released, which looked better than the already existing zombie MMO game, DayZ. Upon its release, the game was worse than many thought. Tons of bugs, hackers and overall, little effort put into the game. It was put up on the online game retailer Steam, despite being in beta, but was then taken down. This game only deserves a '1'. Expand
  15. Dec 31, 2012
    I will be comparing this to dayz. Dayz is a mod in alpha for free. warz is a game for $15 dollars and no sign of it being a alpha or beta and the devs lied about the features then afterward blamed it as a misunderstanding of the consumer . This game deserves nothing not even a single dime .
  16. Jan 1, 2013
    An appalling attempt at a game, with extremely Bad customer service. Never seen such a blatant rip off of another game. In all honesty the DayZ mod is a more fulfilling game than the WarZ as well. After seeing previous games the developer has been involved in im not surprised this ended up in such a poor state. Please don't waste your money on this poor excuse for a game or support it in any way.
  17. Jan 1, 2013
    Terrible gameplay, bad controls, boring gameworld, tons of bugs, tons of cheaters. This game will force you into PVP as it contains no PVE. You are looting and scavenging to stay alive against other players. Simple as that.
  18. Jan 4, 2013
    Unfinished game, terrible developers with bad business practices who continue to ignore the majority and refer to them as the "vocal minority", bugs all over, pay to win, infested with hackers and a terrible fanbase that calls you a Day Z fanboy if you have any criticism. Avoid this game like the black death!
  19. Jan 4, 2013
    (A SCAM) This game is an absolute waste of time, money, and effort these developers (Hammer Point) are just a bunch of scum bags who have lied and try convince you with lies. The developers have lied and promoted themselves with false advertising. Another thing that you must consider when thinking about buying this game is that it is 15$ and you can NOT get a refund if you have bought this game which is ILLEGAL! It is also to be considered that they say it is a complete project which is totally WRONG. In fact this game is broken as hell so many glitches and hackers, they even added a payment shop where you have to pay REAL money to buy items, and by no means ordinary items. For an Example, you could buy ammo, melee weapons, medical supply's, and even some OP gear. Which is all completely what kind of f***ing survival game!?! They even had the balls to name there game WARZ which is very similar to the mod DAYZ, which came out first and was practically the same concept. The developers are also some of the worst kind of people you will ever meet, or hear about they are some big douche bags who have had some cases of BANNING random players for no absolute reason at all! They even say that there the first zombie survival game which is complete BS. With all the info i have presented you with I would you to think twice about buying this miserable pile of crap. Expand
  20. Jan 7, 2013
    Before playing, I had a lot of excitation about how the game could be really, really good. It had a lot of promises, and looked like some kind of zombie survival-RPG. Well, now I'm going to compare only one aspect with DayZ : DayZ is a mod. So it's free. If you don't like it, you only say : "Well, I wasted some time, it's nothing !". With WarZ, you just waste a lot of money and throw it away !
    And guess what ? You have options to get more stuff by taking a more expensive version of the game. I'm glad I only played it on a friend's computer who bought it... I saved up some money.

To resume : just buy ArmA 2 and download DayZ instead. It may be just a mod, but at least, you won't be giving money to a dishonest company who sell a game based on a Free to Play engine to an outrageous price for the quality of the final game. Cherry on the top, the game isn't even cheat-protected ! It looks like they sold a game and then were like "Meh, whatever, we have the cash : that's all we care about".

Bad developers, bad game, well... Everything is awfully bad with this game and those who made it. I would be glad to be able to note below 0... Sadly, I cant.
  21. Jan 8, 2013
    Gameplay: The controls are to hard. Everything looks a bit awkward and unnatural. the character animations are to be desired. The combat animations are unkind, hit a Zombie on his head, go back 2 steps wait for the blowback and hit again. The places with the best loot, are mostly besieged by "bandits" who do not care about survival. They play this game like a pvp shooter. Who can blame them? The developers do nothing against it.

graphics:
    The graphics can be described in 2 sentences.
    Not the newest, but solid.

Conclusion:
    The great excitement before the release was unfounded.
    Warz is not a good Zombie survival.
    Normally I would say the game is for players want to kill players and zombies without an atmosphere, but it's not worth it for that price.
    There are lots of other shooter.

Therefore thumbs down for Warz!
  22. Jan 8, 2013
    The game itself is enjoyable. The problem is the developers blatant lies, lack of information and now as of Jan 4th (I believe) with the implementation of the 'Fairfight' system Temp bans (Pending review for perm ban) and Permanent bans are being handed out left and right to be Legit and Unlegit players if they're unlucky enough to be accused of 'hacking' in game after killing another player.

The game has the potential to be great, it's the people behind it with their inexcusable unprofessional behavior that are ruining this game.
  23. Jan 9, 2013
    worst game ever made, the company are scamers they care only about takin' ppl money. they smell bad, they are trash, they are russians and they have no brain
  24. Jan 12, 2013
    **** This Game. I have never seen such a waste of money in my life. I wish I could give a lower score. I repeat, **** this game. If You buy this game then u are clearly a deranged **** face. **** this game.
  25. Jan 17, 2013
    Ignore the nerd rage, this game is COMPLETELY underscored. All these people bashing it are comparing it to Day Z, that's all they can do. That's like comparing Battlefield and Call of Duty, same concept, different game, both good. This game is in development and raters should grade it's gameplay and its potential COMBINED. Yes this game its problems but it is so much fun to play! Trying to survive and keep yourself away from people while looting towns is intense at times. It also has ton of potential when they add even more to this game, so go out and try it, and just ignore these ignoramuses. Expand
  26. Jan 30, 2013
    I can;t tell you how bad this game is, It just isn't enjoyable, it's boring and literally I'll rather be doing homework than playing this piece of ****
  27. Jan 29, 2013
    ...... I am speechless .... i mean .... what?!?! ... A terrible version of DayZ, the description lied about the content, the game is clearly beyond anything called finished, copy and pasted TOC's, this is just a bunch of people after your money for doing nothing, they should be shut down. Just glad Steam not only gave a refund to all who bought it, but also let them keep the copy, giving some little benefit of doubt to the developers (i use developers extremely loosely). As much as it can be said that this has potential, it is already realized in DayZ and do not worry as the mod is coming out as a stand alone game very soon, worth waiting for that. Oh and talk of a port to console is also on the books! Expand
  28. Mar 21, 2013
    Buy Left 4 Dead or DayZ instead. Actually, Plants VS Zombies is a better zombie survival game than this one (If you can even call PvZ a zombie survival game rather than a puzzle game). This game is horrendous, do NOT buy it.
  29. Feb 12, 2013
    This is a great game, the Dev team is now doing a great job! I haven't seen a hacker in a LONG time, Server Hoping is now almost impossible, new items being introduced into the game, lots of map work/implemented features being added/improved. The game has improved ALOT since it was released into testing. But everyone till needs to remember it is in BETA, it's not officially released yet. It's not a clone either like everyone says it is...It's called Competition! They have every right to create a game that is similar to DayZ, all they wanted to do was try to be in the market as well. Expand
  30. Apr 1, 2013
    My worse gaming experience ever... I've got this game a few months back for my wife. She's a fan of zombie games and I browsed war z a bit. "Obviously didn't do enough research" I got the game on her steam and played with it a bit. Keep in mind that the things I'm about to mention are about 3-4 months ago.

1 In character selection/creation... You are stuck playing as a male character
    and the female character is locked and needs to be unlocked. "My wife start getting upset about it already"
    2 There are only PvPvE servers and no PvE servers. So the moment you log into the server you may get killed instantly by another player.
    3 Every time you die, you loose everything you've horded "We lost hours worth of items to some random player"
    4 You are stuck with a 1 hour cooldown before you can log back in.
    5 Many things in game shop (assuming you are spending money) are typically useless especially if you are gonna die and loose the items to a random person.
    6 There is no story or missions in this game... just play to build up points, gathering, survive, die, 1 hour cooldown... (Rinse and repeat)
    7 There are no vehicles or source of speedy transportation. You can literally spend a lot of time running across the map to get to another location while avoiding zombies and other players along the way.
    8 Every time you revive you start with nothing on you. You can't even fend for yourself with fists.
    9 If you managed to get any items you wish to save in storage, you will have to walk/run your way back to the nearest safe zone to log out and unpack them.
    10 Personal bag space is limited... there are times you would run out of space and you are stuck deciding what to throw out be it weapons, ammo, food, etc... (Think there was 6-8 bag slots.)
    11 With the way the game is set up... it can be very time consuming to play or just to wait for revival. Either way... every time you die you start from scratch more time wasted little to no progression more frustration.
    12 Zombies path finding here is somewhat annoying... If you stood on top of a car or platform they sometimes clip through the object and hit you and if they didn't sometimes when you are beating them over their head, they take no damage (or take forever to die)

Over all the game concept was attractive at first... but in the end... it was a crappy experience for both my wife and I. Personally I wouldn't recommend this game. It's incomplete although they say it is a "Foundation Release" it just means their current product could be at bare minimum set up and it's a work in progress... For all I know the game might not even last through the end of the year with the way they are. The bad press didn't help it either. Save your money for something better or what not.
  31. Apr 18, 2013
    Its an unfinished, buggy and unplayable game with all the hackers, and then I am randomly banned out of the blue for no reason.

Went to make a complain and asked them to review it for me at the help website and simply received a reply telling me how I was hacking and that the evidence is too sensitive to be shown.

I then made a fake account with an email address of mine that was not
    a registered warz account using a character name that was not in game (sbfsbmmzq2) Then made a complaint that I was banned for no reason.

Guess what? I RECEIVED THE SAME REPLY AS I DID ON MY OTHER ACCOUNT.

These people are crooks banning people for no reason coincidentally after the Paypal deadline for returns/claims.

Do not buy this horrible game or support these crooks. The game overall is poor with in-game items becoming rare whilst in-game shop items become more expensive.
  32. Jul 18, 2013
    Needs PVE, and of. Others are okay with the whole PVP thing but in the end, it is unplayable because of people killing you... ALL THE TIME! The developers are con artists, it's boring and is pay to win. Please DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!
  33. Jul 15, 2013
    I got about an entire 20 minutes of playtime, if you can call it that. No tutorial, no directions, no idea how to play, where to go, or what to do, before I was logged off the server and permantly banned with the message "You have been permantly banned for hacking." I've never "hacked" anything in my life, and wouldn't even know where to start.
    After a brief investigation, I discovered
    this game use to called War Z, and had a horrible user rating of only 13. It initially released stating a ton of features it simply did not have, and is now known for taking people's money and immediately banning them.
    Check any forum anywhere related to gaming, and you'll find a ton of such stores. Even their own FaceBook page is full of them (until the moderator gets their and deletes them. They deleted over twenty in just the last 15 minutes before I posted this).

Don't buy this game. It's just a greedy money grab
  34. Jul 18, 2013
    WarZ or infestation survivor stories is the worst game i have played in quite a while. This game is a sad excuse of a great concept. It was released in the boom of DayZ and promised to bring you a fun zombie experience. The game was clearly rushed to release so they could pray on DayZ's success and what we got was a bug filled experience riddled with hackers and exploiters pay to win pile of garbage. The developers were shady banning people who demanded for a refund blackmailing them and treating them like dirt. They made all these high and mighty claims to be in development before DayZ was but have no evidence to support this. The developers should be ashamed of themselves for creating this disgrace to the video game industry. They should apologies for this sad state of a game but they wont because they have already gotten what they wanted some quick cash from the hard working gamers. To the people who support this game you are sadly misled you should not support these developers and defend them you call us bad or kids because we expect good fun games in this day in age. We should be rallying to remove this joke of a game from the steam store so no more have to buy this broken boring and just junk game. Infestation: Survivor Stories (aka) WarZ should be used as an example for developers as to what not to do. Expand
  35. Dec 23, 2012
    This game is just horrendous. False advertising is the only reason it sold even a single copy. either that or because they though it was the Day Z standalone.
  36. Dec 20, 2012
    Absolutely shocking behaviour by this developer. DO NOT REWARD THIS DEVELOPER WITH MONEY.

In case you need more info - this guy made Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. Google it.

Rip-off merchant.
  37. Jan 5, 2013
    Going to attempt to give a fair review... I have been playing this game since Oct 15th and as for potential, it has a lot of it. The problem arises from a few different front, first and foremost, hackers. Unfortunately the person at the top made a wild boast that the game was unhackable, you know what that did in the cheating community, encouraged them to create and sell cheats and they are rampant in WarZ. The other problem is, for whatever reason, promised features are missing and in all honesty, don't appear to be getting added to the game. The only thing that gets added are features that were in War Inc, a game that Hammerpoint created that uses the same engine. The community has been promised many features, few of which we've actually seen, none of which are even close to polished.

The game is ok for what it is at this point, but grows stale with time. Lack of new features and very little to do other than kill other players in a deathmatch atmosphere means that this game is not as billed. Can it be saved? Sure, but time is running out.
  38. Feb 3, 2013
    This game is scam. Don't even try it. Inform yourself via google first. The games producer steals, insults and threathens people who criticize their product.
  39. Dec 19, 2012
    The idea is GREAT - the game and support of the developer however...just WOW....everyone else has pretty much stated anything I could hope to convey in a message - these guys for sure was just wanting to make a fast buck and this time the end-users seem to be letting a company know - they aren't going to take any crap this time around.
  40. Jan 5, 2013
    A shame and disgrace to the gaming industry, DO NOT LET THEM RIP YOU OFF. Please look up news articles and review for the game to realize what they are doing to the people who bought their game
  41. Dec 19, 2012
    It is clear that the creators of this game care nothing about the game/community/dignity, as they have created a scam of a game to gather up as much money as they can before fizzling out of existence.
  42. Dec 19, 2012
    I guess this is where we say: never trust a Russian.
    This guy seems to take communism a bit too seriously.
    Maybe we should give him up to the FBI, i think hes planning more terroristic attacks on the gaming community
  43. Jan 22, 2013
    nothing but hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackershackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackershackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackershackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackershackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackershackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackershackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackershackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackershackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers hackers Expand
  44. oso
    Jan 5, 2013
    This is absolute SCAM! Dont let them steal your money with this pay2win **** - Instead you should try DayZ - it is in every aspect superior to this crap.
  45. Dec 23, 2012
    Absolutely horrible excuse for for a game - the engine is so poorly hacked together, everything from clipping to nasty collision detection issues like walking down a small gradient hill and being somehow slaughtered by the mere action of it, let alone the performance issues whereby users even with high-end machines will see 20fps tops simply - this coupled with a very low polygon count game and textures from 1998 suggest that it is extremely poorly written - infact just for a laugh I attached a debugger, 95% of the time it was blocking waiting for a handle in another thread (sure, add multi-threading but if you don't do it properly you'll end up wasting all your cycles as code waits for exclusive access to objects)

I have serious doubts as to wither the developers will ever really rectify the problems, short of scratching the whole thing and starting with a respectable engine for starters.
  46. Jan 9, 2013
    I was extremely looking forward to playing this game with all build up and fuss i was excited i followed the game closely for months and months on lead up to beta and even pre ordered the legend pack.

But once i started to play the game it was extremely disappointing it felt cheap and slapped together and very dodgy it promised survival but did not deliver you spend more time dodging
    PvP rather than trying to survive the zombie crazed landscape They talked this game up so much prior to release that once they did allow people access they were extremely disappointed it really just arcade version of DayZ There is no real value to it you cant make a base and you cant make fire you cant hunt for animals there is no fatigue level and you cant break bones catch a cold none of the real survival aspects are there which makes the game become very boring very quickly The only survival is basic food water and occasionally you find a weapon but getting it back to safe zone is very low ratio of success you either get killed by another player get done over by hacker or get griefed by server hopper.

This game had the potential to be something big and great but was let down by a money hungry production team thinking about only profit and a DEV team with little imagination and vision to produce something exciting and challenging.

I believe this game will be short lived unless major changes are made as there is so much controversy and complaints about the game such as trademark issue over the games name god knows why they wouldn't apply for trademark before production the game is struggling despite what the games production managers say the games player count is getting smaller by the day and may be little to late to save the game by giving gifts to community because at end of the day they want what they payed for not empty promises and broking dreams i just think they bit off more than they could chew.

I normally would not score a game 0 but this game cost alot of money and gave me nothing in return
  47. Jan 16, 2013
    My main criticism of the game is that it's unbalanced to the point of being unplayable, except for a few minutes at a time. New players are thrown into the game with nothing and are constantly just cattle for the few players who managed to accumulate weapons and ammo early on. The weapon drops are so rare that it's just a lottery draw if you'll be able to survive long enough to find one. There is no PVE option for those who prefer it and servers aren't scaled to the power of the players. So it may be fun for those few with a bully mentality who get no bigger thrill than ganking much weaker players, but without a mechanism to allow beginners a fair chance to come up to par, the game will just hemorrhage players until it isn't even worth playing for the handful of fanatics who are left. By the way, what makes it a pain to advance is that when another player kills you, you lose everything you had on you and start back at square one. This leaves only two possible strategies: team up with large groups, which not everyone is interested in doing, or doing very short scavenging runs and bring everything back to your global inventory (which you keep even when you die) and hope to slowly build up enough equipment to survive. That's a job, not a game. All the technical problems are secondary to the fact that there's no game balance. Even if it were technically perfect, it would still not be a pleasant experience. The only hope for this game's survival is either a PVE mode (which not everyone wants) or ranked servers. On the plus side, the mood of the game is good, mostly due to an excellent soundtrack. Expand
  48. Dec 22, 2012
    Blatent ripoff of "Day Z" and terribly implemented at that. Avoid at all costs. Developers lied through their teeth on steam store page, and the steam userbase were so enraged that this game has been removed from steam and everyone given their money back.
  49. Dec 21, 2012
    Purchased this game on steam.... Really not much to say other than It was a very poor experience. There are much better games out there, not to mentioned much better devs i would rather support.
  50. Jan 10, 2013
    Cloning a F2P game on a terrible engine including the same F2P pay for items mechanics really isn't the way to go about things. The game is far from finished, barely any of the features advertised are available and many parts of the game do not actually function correctly. Avoid at all costs.
  51. Jan 6, 2013
    You can't help but feel that Hammerpoint tried to nickle and dime gamers, and worse they tried to do it on the back of another title. It's a terrible case of a developer trying to take advantage of gamers. It might also have been more palatable if the game wasn't the mess that it currently is. All I can say is. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! Rather save your money! This is complete and utter trash.
  52. Jan 6, 2013
    My recommendation to ANYONE is to spend your money elsewhere. This game features the worst games have to offer in one insanely bad package. From random death glitches, standing still in a forest suddenly kills you, to the most unbalanced combat ever created. You're a slow moving easy to hit target for anyone who has a gun. Sprinting to cover also has no effect as you'll be twoshotted at any range. Devs don't seem to be overly interested in altering the mechanics. Furthermore there really isn't anything fun about the game. After being forced to delete/create a new character, because they put a one hour respawn on your other one ( like it has any use?), you go back in with your trusty ol flashlight and restart your search for a gun. Everything else seems plentyful. Crisps and chocolate bars all over the place.

Next up: features! There are none to speak of. Everything they advertise is not implemented and most likely never will be. I'm not going to waste more of your time on this failure of a game. Look elsewhere or buy Call of Duty if you want an easy turkey-shoot. Play DayZ if you want a better zombie survival mmo.
  53. Dec 19, 2012
    4 hours for respawn or 0.40$ to revive. No thank you Hammerpoint. This kind of shady cash grabbing deserves no other answer and rating. Unfortunate, but I think we gamers must make a point here and stop this kind of stuff before it spreads. The game itself is also not very good and lacks in the graphical department as well as in the gameplay department.
  54. Dec 20, 2012
    Do not give in an inch of your trust to this huge gaming scam.
    They should be fired from their job and forbidden to touch a computer for the rest of their life.
  55. Jul 11, 2014
    It had potential. Unfortunately Hammerpoint never listened to their fan base and milked what they could from micro transactions without fixing the issues they should've focused on.
  56. Jan 4, 2013
    Broken, a game that with obvious immoral tactics that lash the players into paying more for very little benefits. For a 2013 mmo, when concerning graphics for this incomplete title, Textures: Horrid, Character Model:Plain, Environments: Generic. Even when you're purchasing items with REAL CASH MONEY, Hackers being rampant throughout the game will no doubt, hack your account stripping you of your equipment. DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME BY ANY MEANS, I REPEAT DO NOT! PLAY! THIS! GAME! It's will inflict unimaginable boredom and frustration into your free-time! Expand
  57. Dec 19, 2012
    For starters it is the same group of people which created the ARMAII Mod, Day Z. Secondly, they clearly said on their site that it is pre-beta stage (Compared to Day Z which is in pre-alpha stage.) However there is still no excuse for charging $20 for it, the biggest laugh is it's not compatible with Windows XP, let's make a game, but don't make it for a gaming computer! VALVe has since removed it from being purchased on STEAM since they lied and said it was a finished product, which they later found out it wasn't. Might of been a good sell, but it's multiplier only. Got a full refund though. Expand
  58. Dec 19, 2012
    Even if you ignore the game's quality for a moment, there's one thing that you should know before you purchase the game - They recently added a line in their TOS stating that you could not purchase a refund if you accepted, and you had to accept to play. They also claim that the game has been in development for years, yet Hammerpoint Interactive was created specifically for The War Z, and has no other games. Not only that, but Sergey Titov said in May 2012 that they would soon invite War Inc players to participate in an alpha test and that they started conceptualizing the game a few weeks ago. This means that the game was not in development for years before, as they claim. Since they released it in such a buggy and clearly unfinished state to make it look like progress was being made when it clearly was nowhere near ready for the open market, it could technically qualify as vaporware - meaning that they started, announced, and released the game before it was anywhere near ready, and falsely claimed that they had worked on it for "years" to try and legitimize it. This is illegal in the United States under the Sherman Antitrust Agreement. Adding the line in the TOS about not getting a refund is illegal as well. Since Hammerpoint is a United States company, they're technically breaking the law. For those of you considering purchasing the game, you now know what you're getting into. Expand
  59. Jul 11, 2013
    Funny how they changed the name and removed metracritic rating on steam. Almost got me. I don't recommend this game to anyone, I will rather recommend L4D or Dead Island if you want to kill zombies.
  60. Dec 20, 2012
    0 in score is too big for this game

I thought diablo 3 was the big disappointment in 2012, was totally fooled. This game sucks in every aspect, the game is not finished for being sold on Steam, the developers dont care about the buyers making funny about this situation, and if you say anything, you are banned from the forums
    I never will buy anything again of hammerpoint
  61. Jul 13, 2013
    Simply "The War Z" with a different name because it was too close to comfort for "World War Z", same old crap, same old treatment, same terrible old game, don't support it, don't let anyone else support it and let VALVe know that you don't want this kind of garbage on STEAM.

What's even more amazing is the fact that they made no attempts to let people know that Infestation: Survivor
    Stories was simply The War Z. Terrible, terrible, bad. Expand
  62. Jan 11, 2013
    This game company committed intentional fraud. They should be prosecuted to protect the consumer so that other companies don't do the same, with false advertising and draconian methods of punishing anyone who complained or even requested a refund.
  63. Mar 27, 2013
    People are way way way to rough on this game. They constantly update and tons of features were added. Plus nobody who reviewed it actually bought it, its just a parade of IGNnorant 10 year old fanboys with no life. They say it sucks, but if you watch the review they just repeat what IGN said. Give it time. Its very fun. I dont see a problem with the Gold Credits score, its not like you can buy guns or anything like that, just food, medicine and knives and hats. Expand
  64. Dec 19, 2012
    This game raped my mother and killed my father. Do not buy this game unless you want to see your money go to an incompetent, lying dev. Worst Game of the decade.
  65. Dec 21, 2012
    Garbage game. Game engine is terrible, glitches everywhere, and have to pay for in game content, even though the game isn't f2p... Noticed it was a bad rip off of DayZ, which while buggy, is still much better.
  66. Dec 20, 2012
    I would make a long review and list and explain all the faults of the game, devs, publiser, Sergey 'Big Rigs' Titov, etc, but frankly it's a waste of time. Let's put it this way, 90% of the people that bought it in this state regret their purchase. Don't do the same thing to yourself. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
  67. Jul 18, 2013
    Do not waste your money on this game. This game use to be warz and they renamed it because
    nobody was buying the game based on the fact is is garbage.
  68. Dec 19, 2012
    Probably the worst game I have ever played. This game is completely unfinished, yet released on steam as a finished game, asking for a whole $15 for it. Textures suck, Animations suck, and there are bugs everywhere. Hacking in the game is rampant, which is a huge problem considering you loose all your items, and it takes 4 whole hours to play again once you get killed (by another hacking playing in 9 out of 10 cases). It is a cash scam, plain and simple. I am sure this game will not be supported, and there will be no servers 6 months from now. Save your self the time and the money and do not buy this game. Play something else, pretty much anything else. Expand
  69. Jan 27, 2013
    ToS plagiarism + DayZ ripoff + poor graphics/textures + poor sound quality + poor animation + poor gameplay + bad UI + overpriced IAP + one hour respawn time = SCAM.
  70. Dec 22, 2012
    This game is full of bugs and hacker. Hopefully the producer falls in bankruptcy. And the producer of this game puts the blame on the players. Most do not realize that they are not players, but they made ​​a game that ****
  71. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a genuinely bad game: buggy beyond belief, mediocre graphics, shoddy micro transactions and sluggish controls are just this tip of the iceberg.
    Save your cash.
  72. Feb 15, 2013
    Never played this game, nore will i ever play it, but i wanted to be the 1000th negative review. So... yeah. I feel less special than i previously anticipated...
  73. Jan 6, 2013
    This game supposed to be interesting and fresh in its idea but it isn't. It's a bad made Day Z clone with bad game mechanics, below mediocre graphics, laughable sound design and non existent depth. The servers are rushed by player killers, hackers, cheaters and terrible bugs. The items in game are actually bought through a micro transaction shop for real money and get lost when you got killed! Full loot PvP with micro transaction items? come on... that's what I would call a pure cash grab method. Additional to this circumstances that renders the game worthless already the developers and moderators are showing up a totalitarian behaviour refusing refunds, banning users just for asking for, banning users for telling the truth, even banning playing users after a while to force them to buy this **** again.

That's what I would call a fraudulent tactic and an immoral behaviour.
  74. Dec 21, 2012
    This game is a massive cash-crop scam. Seriously, DO NOT PURCHASE THIS GAME. You will be disappointed. I am working on getting a refund. It was false advertising before it even began. GET YOUR MONEY BACK ASAP!
  75. Dec 19, 2012
    Well I don't really know what I can say to make people reconsider buying this game, by this point you should have heard all the controversy surrounding this game so you have either decided to stick with this game in the hopes that its going to get better or you have realized that it is a total pile of garbage that will be dead in a week, This game is awful, it runs like sh*t and it is buggy as hell, not to mention there is a whole lot of false advertising in the hopes that it will trick people into buying this game. If you are still set on buying this garbage then i implore you to look up "big rigs over the road racing" which is a game made by the same developer of war z and got the well deserved title of "worst game of all time" Expand
  76. Dec 22, 2012
    This game is quite possibly one of the worst games i have ever had the misfortune of playing. If this ever climbs out of the deep hole it has dug itself into in alpha, i might play i a little bit more. Until then the only good experience of this game is being able to un-install it.
  77. Dec 27, 2012
    worst beta ever broken promises and add more grass! pls more grass and broken promises, pls grass! /GRASS! GRASS!/GRASS! GRASS!/GRASS! GRASS!/GRASS! GRASS!/GRASS! GRASS!/GRASS! GRASS!/GRASS! GRASS!/GRASS! GRASS!/GRASS! GRASS!/GRASS! GRASS!/GRASS! GRASS!/GRASS! GRASS!
  78. Dec 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wanted to confirm the hype rather than just let controversy bubble. I bought the game because I had the money to spend. Now I want it back, and can't get it back. IF this game was an alpha, beta, test release, or anything, I would frame this review in a different light. Everyone agrees that DayZ is a fantastic mod to a beautiful game, Arma II, that was not intended to become a complete game until it vehemently soared.

WarZ, on the other hand was written out to be a "foundation" release on Steam currently, which bears no meaning to the gaming community. It is, in any other sense, an Alpha release, because of it is still in active development. However, since it is a working, non-free game, my judgement is based on the fact that I expect a game to be without blatant issues after having paid for it. Forums around the world are alight because of their blatantly poor business practices -- releasing a game lacking in mentioned features, expecting people to be okay with paying for a fixer-upper, forgetting to remove "league of legends" from the LoL TOS that they stole, implementing a poor in-game marketplace where, unbeknownst to players, one loses all gear, paid or not, upon character death, banning players and not hackers, and generally making it clear that they're creating a game for profit by profiteers. You walk in to find that textures are shoddy and your FoV is like looking through a pinhole after playing other FPS's. My first impression was that the average WarZ gamer is your average DayZ gamer: there is no tutorial or manual, so game dynamics are learned. For a paid release, I'd expect WarZ to have opened up to new players with a tutorial. You're given a map. First thing I notice is the sporadicy of the environment. It's a long walk to the nearest town. Once I was there, I learned that zombies are very attracted to even a slight bumping of the sprint key. It takes about half your stamina to completely outrun them. After dying a few times, I began to loot towns. The only loot I found in 3 hours of play was sustenance, a helmet, and a hammer. The hammer is a 4-5 hit kill for zombies. In this period of time I spent 60% of it running to the destination, 30% running away from zombies, and the remainder dying from other players, hackers, and creating new characters. The learning curve is steep. After a while, I began to get a feel of zombie's detection radii, and how to interact with other players speedily without using the textual chat. I made way through almost every lootable building in the city of Campos, and left very well endowed. Then, walking through forest, I died.

I was lucky to spawn once to the military base, and found an M4 and some wearable armor. I was using caps lock to speak in skype, but i accidentally hit the sprint (shift) key in the middle of the base, which by itself causes the character to sprint. This attracted a mass of zombies that couldn't fit through the door of the hanger. I unloaded the 30 round clip at head level, only killing 4 of about 30. My stamina was also expired, so that was the end of the character. This game is an alpha, so I expect it to have glitches and poor gameplay, but I paid for this game expecting it didn't. Can anyone see what's wrong with that sentence? In all honesty, I hope my purchase was a preorder to a decent game, or will be returned to me once Hammerpoint is finished with lawsuits and hate from their 200,000 disgruntled gamers. Meanwhile I'm enjoying the absolute lulz this game has brought to the table.
  79. Dec 18, 2012
    The company behind the game is a group of scamers, going for a fast cash grab. If you read the review GameSpot and the game dev, you will see how far down in a hole they have dug them self.

If the game was advertised for what it is right now, then it would have gotten quite a good score. It's a okay zombie survival game. But sadly the company did not believe in it's own product and had
    to lie about it. Expand
  80. Dec 19, 2012
    Absolute piece of garbage. This developer has from the beginning been lying and deceiving people about this game. They have stolen various elements from another popular zombie game, and even the name was picked to sound similar to it to deceive people. All for money. Do not buy this game. On principle alone, you should not buy it.
  81. Dec 19, 2012
    The worst and most epic disappointing game I have ever seen. I say stay away from it. Do not waste your time and your money my friends. This game is absolutely terrible.
  82. Dec 19, 2012
    Crap Crap Crap, this firm addicted to money. The last attempt to tap off money just a desperate attempt to jump on the train dayz!!! my recommendation hands away!!!
  83. Dec 19, 2012
    Worst game ever. Worst game ever.Worst game ever.Worst game ever.Worst game ever.Worst game ever.Worst game ever.Worst game ever.Worst game ever.Worst game ever.Worst game ever.Worst game ever.Worst game ever.
  84. Dec 19, 2012
    I wanted to draw further attention to the fact that people genuinely trying to get a refund on the game are being threatened by the company with a global blacklisting... This company is disgustingly unethical and I hope they get the lawsuit they deserve
  85. Dec 19, 2012
    This is good game, but people don't understand that is in development. I really enjoy the game. People have to just stop crying and wait for the dev team to work in the game. Just go a read the important threads in the forum and not just the crying threads . Also, you bought a game that don't cost too much comparing to other games so don't cry. By the way before buying a game, investigate it, see how the progress of development goes, in which state is the game.
    Come on guys you are only spoiled little brats crying because is not looking as the promotional images.
    You don't know how hard is the development of a game.
    Come dev team I trust you.
  86. Dec 19, 2012
    If you bought this game expecting it to be like DayZ.. I feel sorry you spent your money. DayZ's base game is an army simulator. There are certain features that will never be included in WarZ.

In my opinion WarZ is a great game concept. User interface is easy to use, game looks OK even though it still needs to be worked visually and performance wise and gameplay is not as stiff as DayZ.

I think the game should have stayed in Alpha/Beta stage a bit longer in order to get more polished and to have more of the features (such as the skill tree and friends list) working.

CONCLUSION: If you LOVE DayZ... If you enjoy the simulation features of it and how it plays... I don't recommend this game to you... But if you think DayZ is hard to master, you don't like simulation factor or some other thing is bothering you I say give this game a try.

People claim it's PAY 2 WIN... I say it's not.. I've bought the Survivor pack (cheapest pack) and haven't spent anymore than that and I have lot's of fun.
  87. Jan 15, 2013
    This game is good, despite what people say. If they focus on fixing everything and on keeping Titov quiet, they might actually have a decent product on their hands.
  88. Dec 19, 2012
    Stay away from this, I feel dirty for paying hard earned money for this game and supporting dev's who are basically liars see their forums and the steam debacle for evidence!, they insult their own customers continuously, I mean literally insult them!..... Their lead dev has called some of their customers **** and accused people of misreading blatantly wrong information on the steam page....... no matter how hard I scrub the dirt isn't coming off... :( Expand
  89. Dec 29, 2012
    Awful, Awful game. Do not waste your time with this piss poor game. Take a look at the previous game made by this develeper *cough* Big Rigs *cough* and you will see why you should stay away from this game.
  90. Jan 31, 2014
    This game is useless. It is by far the most overprized piece of crap ever launched on Steam. I want my money back. This is a pure ripoff of the actually interresting DayZ. Developer claims things like they were first and what not which is totally wrong. Also people are getting banned from the official forums if they post critisism.
  91. Dec 19, 2012
    Lots of problems with the game, honey traps to trap hackers that catch real players, zombies not strong enough to be a danger...
    Though the game has some strong points, such as how tactical it can be in some cases, they released it too early to do the game any justice. A few more months to iron out bugs, strengthen the security on the game, and to check the dev list. The mods on the
    forums shut down any threads that complain about any aspect of the game, especially admin abuse in game.
    I bought this for a friend, and I'm horrified that the game was this half-baked.
    Good potential, but too much junk to deal with now to get a good rating, as friend was banned an hour into playing for shooting an admin with a handgun.
  92. Dec 19, 2012
    I regret buying this. Next to the false advertising the game is probably the worst game i ever played. It's clearly not finished, yet micro transactions are enabled. Textures are worse then it's mod counterpart ... Im dissapointed in steam on approving this game
  93. Dec 19, 2012
    2012 War z = 1982 E.T. This might be worse than the 1982 game... I cant get over the blatant disrespect for their costumers, and fans.. This company deserves to go down into the depths of gaming hell...
  94. Dec 19, 2012
    Sergey Titov finally got his sh*t out ! He wanted a Big Rigs: Over the road racing for everybody in the world, he created War Inc to reach every pc shooter gamer, and now he's reaching the DayZ/Walking Dead/PlaceZombieGameNameHere hype to get even more money from players !

When you think he can just put a free2play game as War Inc and get money from micro-transactions, or just sell a
    **** game 20$ for no interest, he's going even further and offering you the ultimate deal : A Free 2 Play that you need to pay to be able to go on 50 players "MMO" servers that you can't even purchase or rent !

The magic behind it is that he sold it as a DayZ killer, but barely gave us a Big Rigs Killer. Seriously, this game is sooooooo much better than the old Big Rigs !

ENJOY YOUR GAMES BUDDY ! Hammerpoint will go down in few weeks, DayZ Standalone is coming out shortly, and Sergey will leave with all your money ! GOOD DEAL SERGEY ! GOOD DEAL !
  95. Dec 19, 2012
    Walk around for an hour. Get shot. Start a new character. Walk around for an hour. Get shot. Start three more characters, walk around for an hour on each, get shot. Rinse, repeat. Or, fortunately, request a refund from Steam, which I did get.
  96. Dec 19, 2012
    I was originally excited about this game. The DayZ mod was too graphically intense for me and this game seemed to hold the answer. What followed was a good faith effort by mass amounts of would be fans followed by HORRIBLE mismanagement of every possible step of game production. Feels like this company should stick to spamming Facebook games till it learns some important lessons about business, game mechanics, and community building. Already put my money into this game, at this point, I would not suggest anyone else follow suit. If you have already committed and would like a community to hold out hope in, contact someone in BMFZ. Expand
  97. Dec 19, 2012
    This is by far the largest, most obvious cash in of DayZ yet. However, the sad thing is they didn't even have the audacity to create a somewhat decent game. Its buggy, the textures are nothing short of hideous and the developers outright lied to the consumers about the game, promising things that never came. If you purchased this game, my condolences, as you have bought into a Alpha
  98. Dec 19, 2012
    Not only is the game terrible, the devs lied about the features present in the game and then blamed the gamers for not liking it. Then publicly tried to say that 93% of players said they liked it.
  99. Dec 19, 2012
    A Huge Persistent World: The War Z is an open world game. Each world has areas between 100 to 400 square kilometers. Well there is only 1 world at the moment, which is roughly 100 sq. km. So the latter half is a complete lie.
    Explore, Scavenge, Kill, Survive: You are one of the few survivors and must navigate the desolate countryside exploring cities and scavenging for items. This, sure,
    fine.
    Play with Friends: Hundreds of Servers to Play on and you can also rent and create Public or Private Servers allocating spots for Friends or Clans. Rent and create public and private servers... Nope.
    No Classes check, No Levels check, No Caps ??? check?: Create your own survival campaign, gain experience points and spend it to learn dozen of available skills Yep, can gain experience and can buy ski... WAIT WHAT??
  100. Dec 19, 2012
    Absolutely terrible game I wish I never traded for this **** they are randomly banning players for no reason, I could easily go on and on how terrible this game is but... The list would just go on and on and on.
  101. Dec 18, 2012
    I am disappointed that Steam would carry a game whose creators (1) lie shamelessly to the customer, (2) deliver a product so blatantly slapped-together to capitalize on the popularity of a free mod for a game made by other people, and (3) take every available opportunity to silence criticism and blame the victim. Watch Total Biscuit's "The Bore Z" on Youtube. Or any gameplay video on Youtube, but TB's is particularly recent and educational. Collapse

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.