1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 4013 Ratings

1. Apr 7, 2013
    Wow. Just.... This game is awful in every kind of way. I really hope the developers cancel this terrible thing they dare call a "game", it's the worst thing that happened in 2012.
  2. Apr 13, 2013
    The worst game ever made. If you can get past all the bugs and hackers, you're left with a boring worthless game of walking around for hours and then you die right away. You have to wait an hour for avatar to become playable again. It was so bad I demanded a refund. I have never asked for a refund for any game before this.
  3. Jun 18, 2013
    Has to be one of the worst games I've ever played ripping the player out of money by nearly forcing them to purchase in game currency for weapons that will be taken off their corpse due to the unfinished development of the game. This game is a crime to the market and should be taken off all major retailers immediately.

4. Jan 28, 2014
    I was tempted into buying a game of relatively new genre. I liked the idea of game being based on relatively realistic survival, developers at that point promised that it will never become pay 2 win kind of game. So i decided to give full version a try.

What i got: 1) Game is still in beta, lots of bugs, glitches and all sorts of uncalculated stupidities. 2) Cheaters. Even in the

What i got:
    2) Cheaters. Even in the full(paid) version of the game. It tells you about how much devs are "working" on fixing the issue.
    3) At some point couple weeks ago, devs introduced a new feature - access to marketplace at any point of the map with a click of single button(previously you could do it only on the safezones - 4 of them on the huge map):
    Sratving to death? - No problem, press F10
    Bleeding to death? - No problem, F10
    Blood toxication? - No problem, F10
    Out of ammo in a fight? F10
    Need extra meds in a fight? F10
    Survival aspect is gone.

Basically you'd be spending ingame money faster than you'd be earning it killing zombies if you're playing actively and after a few weeks at most, 99% of players will end up in a situation where they don't have enough ingame currency to utilize that marketplace, which leaves everyone to Cash options, that's where game turns into a freaking pay-to-win, still-broken-and-bugged garbage.

Not to mention the fact, that devs made a poll (THAT NOBODY HAD SEEN IN PROGRESS) they only showed "final results" where 58% were still against the feature. Open player-made poll on forum showed around 80-90% opposing the feature. And as far as i know that feature is still there.

Conclusion:
    Game has a potential... or rather had a potential. But money-hungry devs are finishing the game off right now, they ignore every single existing problem and are just trying to squeeze as much money as possible out of the dying thing.

Stay away from that garbage, if you want to try it - play trial, it's free and you'll get everything you'd get in the full game. In trial you'll get killed by a hacker, in full you'll get killed by a guy with virtually endless medkits and ammo.

DO NOT BUY THIS TRASH.
    It causes bigger buyer's remorse than a useless thing costing 4-digit-amount-of-$$$$,
    stay away from that dev-team too, save yourselves some nerves.
  5. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is unfinished. We need to let know to the dev that this is a bad practice. Barely works, lot of bugs, overall low quality of assets. This game is a no-go in the short term, and perhaps, in all its lifecycle.
  6. Dec 18, 2012
    First of all, do not trust the images youve seen. They are not real. No cars, no npc but zombies... No PvE servers... nice landscapes but thats all. Never played dayZ btw.

Seriously, dont buy this game
  7. Dec 18, 2012
    It's really disappointing. I for one feel super crappy because I had recommended it to so many friends. The huge lack of community involvement is certainly a concerning issue by itself. The game really has soo many things going against it. Another HUGE issue - They NEVER EVER test the patches before implementing them. If they tell you they do, they're lying!
  8. Dec 18, 2012
    This game did not deliver at all. Between poor performance and the complete lack of features detailed when purchasing I cannot reccomend this game to anyone. This game does not deliver on the content. It feels very very premature for a release and should be dubbed an alpha release. Hell, the game already labels itself as an Alpha release in the "Safe Zones." Horrible communication from theThis game did not deliver at all. Between poor performance and the complete lack of features detailed when purchasing I cannot reccomend this game to anyone. This game does not deliver on the content. It feels very very premature for a release and should be dubbed an alpha release. Hell, the game already labels itself as an Alpha release in the "Safe Zones." Horrible communication from the developers, all around bad bad bad experience. DO NOT BUY! Interview with their PR person http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html Expand
  9. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is absolutely terrible. It's unfinished, utterly boring and the devs practically lied about every feature in the game. Once you buy the game, you then have to rely on micro-transactions to have any sort of fun. Do not buy.
  10. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is disgusting, it shouldn't even be called a game. It's shockingly bad. Such a scam, cancer, literally worse than Hitler, aidsgame. False advertisement, no features that they promised, character models and animations suck. There's no original content as it's all copied from their other equally horrendous game, The War Inc.
  11. Dec 19, 2012
    Shame on you, developers. Your product is clearly unfinished, and you're lying about it and trying to trick people into buying it. My credit of trust to indie developers is now completely exhausted. To Sergey Titov: you've made yourself quite a name.
  12. Dec 27, 2012
    as to start off from what i read and have experienced this game (it should be called an alpha build) is the worst crud ive ever played the 194 positive are either the lying developer and/or multiple accounts any ways take it from my perspective games broken >the micro transaction system is unforgiving you buy equipment with credits/points which is bought only with real cash and if you dieas to start off from what i read and have experienced this game (it should be called an alpha build) is the worst crud ive ever played the 194 positive are either the lying developer and/or multiple accounts any ways take it from my perspective games broken >the micro transaction system is unforgiving you buy equipment with credits/points which is bought only with real cash and if you die you loose that which you bought the amount of hackers makes Day z look like heaven and not to mention spawn trap/kill galore which comes with a respawn of 1-5 hours before you can reply just to get spawn killed again the developer "hammer point" has lied time and time again and has been caught plagiarizing others works of art don't waste money on this piece of garbage wait for the stand along Day Z from the guy who created the Day Z mod for Arma II or you can hit up steam for Arma II combined operations during a Steam Sale !!! Expand
  13. X0R
    Dec 26, 2012
    I bought WarZ prior to Steam, but it's development cycle has been really slow and actually feels more like a tweak-cycle to the existing client. This game has so much potential but currently is still pretty bad. With the choices the dev is making, it will never be great ...let alone mediocre. There's a lot of criticism and technical detailed info out on the web, so I won't repeat.I bought WarZ prior to Steam, but it's development cycle has been really slow and actually feels more like a tweak-cycle to the existing client. This game has so much potential but currently is still pretty bad. With the choices the dev is making, it will never be great ...let alone mediocre. There's a lot of criticism and technical detailed info out on the web, so I won't repeat. However, the community is one of the worst you'll find in the MMO world. If you love CoD-type hardcore PvP, you'll be right at home. If you're looking for a survival game where the real focus is on killing zombies, you won't find satisfaction in WarZ. You start out with nothing that will give you a chance to survive a close zombie encounter, which forces you into buildings that are typically stalked by PvP players who kill you for a granola bar. Many WarZ players that love the game overlook the approach the dev is taking to nickel-and-dime consumers, as well as his pathetic forum moderation which bans users for criticizing the game. While DayZ has negative aspects as well, it has a great developer that cares about releasing an excellent product - something the WarZ peeps are not focused on. Expand
  14. Dec 19, 2012
    Its just AWFUL AWFUL game. You should not buy this. Devs are horrible, and its unbalanced. This game is not complete, its still an early alpha, **** of bugs.
  15. Dec 21, 2012
    If you get banned for saying whats wrong with the game i don't think it deserves any score above 0. When players are getting banned for expressing their option you know its a dark time in the gaming industry.
  16. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is an unfinished, buggy piece of **** This game has misleading advertising on its Steam page, they lie about the size of the maps and the amount of players per map. And on top of that, it is a buy to play game that has micro transactions, and guess what, you die once , you lose what you purchased for real money. Even if these issues weren't present the game is still a boringThis game is an unfinished, buggy piece of **** This game has misleading advertising on its Steam page, they lie about the size of the maps and the amount of players per map. And on top of that, it is a buy to play game that has micro transactions, and guess what, you die once , you lose what you purchased for real money. Even if these issues weren't present the game is still a boring piece of **** Games should never be sold in this state, if you have a brain, you will avoid it. Expand
  17. Dec 19, 2012
    This game has zero redeeming factors, so it gets a zero. Take it from me, someone who has bought, played, and then refunded the game. You are randomly thrown into a large baron map with literally nothing to do and no direction on how to do it. All of the good items in the game require you to pay real money for them. If you don't like PvPing then there i s LITERALLY zero content and fun toThis game has zero redeeming factors, so it gets a zero. Take it from me, someone who has bought, played, and then refunded the game. You are randomly thrown into a large baron map with literally nothing to do and no direction on how to do it. All of the good items in the game require you to pay real money for them. If you don't like PvPing then there i s LITERALLY zero content and fun to be had in this game. There are no missions, no story, no quests, barely any NPCs, no dungeons, no way to group up with friends (or even send them private messages), no vehicles to ride in, no skills to level up, NOTHING. You just wander around a bunch of scenery and either get chased by zombies, or try to kill other people for their belongings. The only good getting their belongings does you is that you will be able to survive a little longer. The thing is, you're surviving and doing nothing at all. Most people sit and snipe players. The rest are hackers. People have invisibility mods and all sorts of other things that just completely ruin the game. Do yourself a favor and stay far far far away from this game. I thought maybe the game had a shot if they were calling this a an alpha or a beta, but the lead game developer just came out and said "As far as I'm concerned The War Z is in a stage when we're ready to stop calling it Beta. This is a basic version Expand
  18. Dec 18, 2012
    First of all, it is a blatant ripoff of dayz. Second its not even a good one. You list features on the steam store page and don't even meet half of them. Proof: http://i.imgur.com/j9Q3f.jpg And now all of a sudden you change the features after one day at the top of the steam list? Scams... i hope you get sued.
  19. Dec 18, 2012
    I purchased the legend pack a few months ago, and the developers still haven't delivered on their promises. They also advertised the game with false information and renders that were portrayed as in-game screenshots.

The game is out of beta now, but it feels like it should be an alpha due to the very low quality of terrain, models, shaders, animations, and AI. This is by far the worst game I have ever played.
  20. Dec 18, 2012
    A steaming pile of turd, and that's being complimentary. Don't listen to the fanboys,its the worst game around since Big Rigs was released by the same muppet. Still dont believe me, check out war inc, sergay titov's other big blockbuster. More lies and broken promises there too. Anyone who had anything to do with this game should be ashamed. Check out the official forums, anything notA steaming pile of turd, and that's being complimentary. Don't listen to the fanboys,its the worst game around since Big Rigs was released by the same muppet. Still dont believe me, check out war inc, sergay titov's other big blockbuster. More lies and broken promises there too. Anyone who had anything to do with this game should be ashamed. Check out the official forums, anything not remotely kissing the devs poo tubes gets deleted straight away. Anyway I give this game -10. Enjoy :) Expand
  21. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is terrible and that is only due to the developers having only one objective which was to make money from the dayz success, Hammerpoint have constantly lied about most things small and big to uphold any hope for the warz game that the community might have left.. At least they cannot ban people from meta critic for voicing their opinions. As tempting as it might be do not buy thisThis game is terrible and that is only due to the developers having only one objective which was to make money from the dayz success, Hammerpoint have constantly lied about most things small and big to uphold any hope for the warz game that the community might have left.. At least they cannot ban people from meta critic for voicing their opinions. As tempting as it might be do not buy this game, I guarantee you will regret it.. Expand
  22. Dec 19, 2012
    I want to warn everyone to NOT buy this "game". It's barely out of beta and doesn't have half the features it claims it has. After accepting their TOS you are no longer entitled to a refund. Which is illegal. This entire "game" is a moneygrab and a fraud. DO. NOT. BUY. THIS. GAME!
  23. Dec 19, 2012
    As of the time of writing (19/12/12) this game is still in reality a BETA . It's really not worth your time or money - and little more than a scam in my opinion so stay clear. They have recently updated their TOS and in them you need to declare that you waive your right to a refund. The gameplay is not all that it could be and it would appear that they will require quite a bit of work toAs of the time of writing (19/12/12) this game is still in reality a BETA . It's really not worth your time or money - and little more than a scam in my opinion so stay clear. They have recently updated their TOS and in them you need to declare that you waive your right to a refund. The gameplay is not all that it could be and it would appear that they will require quite a bit of work to correct this. Im amazed that STEAM allow this for sale. I can understand free access (due to being a BETA in everything but name) but having to pay for this is quite insulting. Expand
  24. Dec 19, 2012
    Terrible game, terrible company, terrible devs. They lie on metadata in Steam to make it show up when you search for 'Day Z'. People who are unsatisfied with the game, and want a refund, are threatened that their payment method will be submitted to a payment 'blacklist', meaning services like PayPal or other online checkouts might flag your credit card and will not accept your payment.Terrible game, terrible company, terrible devs. They lie on metadata in Steam to make it show up when you search for 'Day Z'. People who are unsatisfied with the game, and want a refund, are threatened that their payment method will be submitted to a payment 'blacklist', meaning services like PayPal or other online checkouts might flag your credit card and will not accept your payment. Also, one of the lead developers, Sergey Titov, used a homophobic slur to describe some of his players. Don't support this game or the company that madei t. Expand
  25. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a front by Hammerpoint to monetize players with micro-transactions. If you buy this game, expect to feel cheated and angry. Do not purchase this game.
  26. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is bad ...
    I bough the game and I can say it sucks , forum moderators ban everyone, devs don't listen ... The company just sucks.

And no I'm not banned due to hacking, I'm not a DayZ fanboy ... or whatever excuse even sergey is dishing out :D ( yes even the devs are stating on OFFICIAL posts that ppl that talk bad about the game are dayz fanboys )
  27. Dec 19, 2012
    DONT BUY THIS GAME This game is COMPLETE AND UTTER **** Hackers, features that won't be in-game, b2p AND p2w, poor graphics, poor gameplay and many issues that I won't list here, there are just too many. DONT BUY THIS GAME
  28. Dec 19, 2012
    What the game devs and there CM done is wrong and illegal. This game is a scam and nothing they listed about the game was in the game when I bought it on steam. I played with my friend and he asked a lot of question about where this in the game and where is that and i was the same. I did play few hours before him. There tons of hackers in the game and bugs and on steam is doesn't say youWhat the game devs and there CM done is wrong and illegal. This game is a scam and nothing they listed about the game was in the game when I bought it on steam. I played with my friend and he asked a lot of question about where this in the game and where is that and i was the same. I did play few hours before him. There tons of hackers in the game and bugs and on steam is doesn't say you buy into beta or any such things when I bought the game. Stuff like Hardcore mode doesn't work, you walking down a hill and it will kill you. Expand
  29. Dec 19, 2012
    this game is a joke dont buy it you buy this game and they just try to get more monney from you and the complete game is a ripp off from war inc the models and weapons are all from war inc and the screenshoots and information about the game are **** lies DONT BUY THIS **** GAME FROM THAT LIAR AND THIEF!
  30. Dec 19, 2012
    An atrocious cash grab of a game... you expect some exaggeration from a marketing department but many of its features listed on Steam are out and out lies. AVOID!
  31. Dec 26, 2012
    I believe that they are associated with Russian organized crime. There is a lot of money in gaming, both legitimate and illegitimate, to be had. Its a grey area of the law, especially international law, and I know that organized crime has their hand in both the gold seller market, as well as the game development markets.

People laugh when I say that, but there are billions of dollars in

People laugh when I say that, but there are billions of dollars in this industry, and just like American crime has their hands in various industries. Gaming is a ripe fruit just waiting to be plucked by them. They'd be stupid to pass it up.

So what do I think of WarZ? It blatantly steals content from other games. They ripped League of Legend's ToS, They plagiarized images from The Walking Dead, and they stole at least one UI from Crysis. The developers are lying through their teeth while threatening anyone demanding a refund with having Paypal blacklist you as an, "Untrustworthy user". What they're doing would be against several US Federal laws, but since they're in Russia, they get away with it. Otherwise, Hammerpoint would have already been sued to the ground which is what should happen.

Vanilla WoW's graphics are better than The War Z, the controls are clunky, the hackers are everywhere, there a ONE HOUR respawn time (Which further proves that the devs are far out of touch with gamers), There's a really bad in-game cash shop that will not stop bothering you that there's a cash shop, you lose all of your items whenever you are killed, even if they're items bought in the cash shop, the GM's are abusive in-game and will ban legitimate players for nothing while spawning their own items to kill you on sight.

I've been to their forums as well. They're using a crappy PhP forum that looks as if it was made by a teenager, the forum staff can't hold themselves to the standards they set for the users, the entire community is toxic, any thread asking for a refund gets locked, deleted, and the user get's banned.

Everything about this company is unprofessional and should be avoided. If you are someone who's enjoying this game, awesome. Good for you. Sadly, the majority of players refuse to deal with a game this bad and with a company so fraudulent.
  32. Jan 2, 2013
    Game is a straight rip off from Day Z! Unoriginal Garbage that i can't believe steam let this trash even be purchased. a a a a a a a aa a aa a a aa aa a a a a a aaa a a a a Garbage!!!!
  33. Dec 18, 2012
    Ok for starters all the people pissing and moaning about War Z being a rip off of dayz, please get over it, people can make games that are similar, so what. At the start of its release I actually supported this game. But from the decisions ive seen them make, they have made major errors in regards to false advertising which in my case is in the top five in my hate list. To top that offOk for starters all the people pissing and moaning about War Z being a rip off of dayz, please get over it, people can make games that are similar, so what. At the start of its release I actually supported this game. But from the decisions ive seen them make, they have made major errors in regards to false advertising which in my case is in the top five in my hate list. To top that off ive found that the GC they charge in game is way to expensive, and to top that off they increased the respawn time to 4hrs and wacked at "quick revival" fee onto that aspect of the game. Which costs 50GC. Originally they said all items on the market will be available in game. Personally I havent seen half the good items on the marketplace spawn. All these aspects they introduce, screams "Cash cow" to me, and makes me think developing this game is not a priority for them. If they spent half that time in developing the game, maybe they would get rid of some of the poor sound effect like walking over rocks that sound like a metal platform. To top that off ive seen some info on the net that suggests admins are abusing their powers and spawning items for themselves (including items that cost GC) and their team mates. Hopefully that ones not true, but everything else up top is spot on. The game has potential but i believe the wrong devs are behind the wheel. Overall though its still entertaining and cheap to purchase. Just dont buy any GC. Ive given this game a 3. If they werent so dishonest and rushed it to release, when its actually still in beta, I would have marked it up to about 6 maybe 7. Expand
  34. Dec 18, 2012
    Only good thing about this game is its graphics (relative to price) and food/thirst sound/sight features. Gameplay is buggy and very poor. Game mechanics equally bad (to easy to die (bugs/hackers etc) and 1 hour respawn time). unpopulated and featureless. Safetowns are litterally static towns where you can't fire. THAT IS IT. No vendors or NPC's of any kind. Whole thing reminds me of a mapOnly good thing about this game is its graphics (relative to price) and food/thirst sound/sight features. Gameplay is buggy and very poor. Game mechanics equally bad (to easy to die (bugs/hackers etc) and 1 hour respawn time). unpopulated and featureless. Safetowns are litterally static towns where you can't fire. THAT IS IT. No vendors or NPC's of any kind. Whole thing reminds me of a map visualiser. a nice way to test out a map that is in development for different game. War Z would probably be worst game played in awhile. Expand
  35. Dec 18, 2012
    I recently purchased this game from Steam and found that I had made a grave mistake.

I'm all for putting money towards the development of an unfinished game, if they mention beforehand that it is still in development. Alas WarZ is advertised as release version 1.0. This begs the question; what happened? How are the developers of WarZ allowed to sell this game through false

This begs the question; what happened? How are the developers of WarZ allowed to sell this game through false information on their store page? Not only is this game unfinished, broken, and filled with hackers, the developers actually make you buy credits to be able to continue to play, if you happen to die do the many problems that plague this game, like dying by walking down a gentile hill (apparently the engine thinks you are falling).

My verdict is, don
  36. Dec 18, 2012
    It's a shoddy, lazy cash grab designed to shamelessly steal from DayZ's successes. Brought to you by the same devs that created Big RIg's:Over the Top Racing, also known as one of the worst games ever created.
  37. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is a dangerous scam, leeching money from you the entire time you play. Pay for the game, pay for the items, pay to RESPAWN or be locked out of the game for 4 hours. God forbid you die by the hackers that run rampant and unchecked in the game, and immediately lose everything you just paid real money for. Then are no longer allowed to play for the next 4 hours. The development teamThis game is a dangerous scam, leeching money from you the entire time you play. Pay for the game, pay for the items, pay to RESPAWN or be locked out of the game for 4 hours. God forbid you die by the hackers that run rampant and unchecked in the game, and immediately lose everything you just paid real money for. Then are no longer allowed to play for the next 4 hours. The development team ahs broken the law on numerous occasions, aswell. With blatant false advertising (which they put down to the users "misreading" the page. How do you write "100 players per server" while it's only 50, and then blame the userbase for misreading it?) and then a huge case of fraud: In order to get a refund on this game, which I urge everyone to do, you must agree to the terms of service (which are copypasted verbatim from the League of Legends terms of service, including links to the league of legends websites) but this terms of service agreement has the added feature of disallowing you from asking for a refund. So, in order to get a refund, you have to sign a piece of paper that says you can't have a refund, then ask for a refund. I wonder what the outcome of that will be. I should also mention the solution to preventing hackers: Permanently ban lots of random members (so they have to guy the game AGAIN) to scare the hackers, but don't actually do anything to prevent them. Expand
  38. Dec 27, 2012
    http://warzscam.tumblr.com/ says it all as to WHY it is a terrible game and why it must be avoidable! ppl are STILL saying the game is in beta?? they got no clue whats going on, sergey already stated the game is not alpha or beta anymore! if people did their research on the game, or even read the warz forums/steam warz forums. they would know WHY there is ton of hate towards it, again,http://warzscam.tumblr.com/ says it all as to WHY it is a terrible game and why it must be avoidable! ppl are STILL saying the game is in beta?? they got no clue whats going on, sergey already stated the game is not alpha or beta anymore! if people did their research on the game, or even read the warz forums/steam warz forums. they would know WHY there is ton of hate towards it, again, this game is just a SCAM!!! Expand
  39. Dec 19, 2012
    Summary of the game, Spend 1 hour walking finding stuff, get killed by other players instantly. Wait 4 hours for my character to re spawn, and do it all over again. This game is set up to give people with money a better chance at playing this game more... "Oh all your characters are dead, tough shi*, you have to wait 4 hours for them to re spawn while this guy with money falling out of hisSummary of the game, Spend 1 hour walking finding stuff, get killed by other players instantly. Wait 4 hours for my character to re spawn, and do it all over again. This game is set up to give people with money a better chance at playing this game more... "Oh all your characters are dead, tough shi*, you have to wait 4 hours for them to re spawn while this guy with money falling out of his pockets gets his characters instantly.". Oh you also spend 98% of the time in this game walking, yet they couldn't even get the walking animation down right, I mean if you are going to be spending most of a video game doing something at least make it good. This game is obviously a way to drain peoples pockets. Expand
  40. Dec 25, 2012
    OK not only is it a bad game maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 because of boring story and layout, glitches, and really a genre that just can't work it is also a marketing scam. Steam removed it because it lied on it's store page about length of development period, and version of the game it is a ripoff of DayZ's gameplay and even name. The zombies on the logo are photoshped versoins of the zombiesOK not only is it a bad game maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 because of boring story and layout, glitches, and really a genre that just can't work it is also a marketing scam. Steam removed it because it lied on it's store page about length of development period, and version of the game it is a ripoff of DayZ's gameplay and even name. The zombies on the logo are photoshped versoins of the zombies on The Walking Dead's logo and it stole League of Legends's terms of service. DON'T EVEN TRY TO DEFEND THIS GAME!!! Expand
  41. Jan 5, 2013
    Going to attempt to give a fair review... I have been playing this game since Oct 15th and as for potential, it has a lot of it. The problem arises from a few different front, first and foremost, hackers. Unfortunately the person at the top made a wild boast that the game was unhackable, you know what that did in the cheating community, encouraged them to create and sell cheats and theyGoing to attempt to give a fair review... I have been playing this game since Oct 15th and as for potential, it has a lot of it. The problem arises from a few different front, first and foremost, hackers. Unfortunately the person at the top made a wild boast that the game was unhackable, you know what that did in the cheating community, encouraged them to create and sell cheats and they are rampant in WarZ. The other problem is, for whatever reason, promised features are missing and in all honesty, don't appear to be getting added to the game. The only thing that gets added are features that were in War Inc, a game that Hammerpoint created that uses the same engine. The community has been promised many features, few of which we've actually seen, none of which are even close to polished.

The game is ok for what it is at this point, but grows stale with time. Lack of new features and very little to do other than kill other players in a deathmatch atmosphere means that this game is not as billed. Can it be saved? Sure, but time is running out.
  42. Feb 3, 2013
    This game is scam. Don't even try it. Inform yourself via google first. The games producer steals, insults and threathens people who criticize their product.
  43. Dec 19, 2012
    The idea is GREAT - the game and support of the developer however...just WOW....everyone else has pretty much stated anything I could hope to convey in a message - these guys for sure was just wanting to make a fast buck and this time the end-users seem to be letting a company know - they aren't going to take any crap this time around.
  44. Jan 5, 2013
    A shame and disgrace to the gaming industry, DO NOT LET THEM RIP YOU OFF. Please look up news articles and review for the game to realize what they are doing to the people who bought their game
  45. Dec 19, 2012
    I guess this is where we say: never trust a Russian.
    This guy seems to take communism a bit too seriously.
    Maybe we should give him up to the FBI, i think hes planning more terroristic attacks on the gaming community
  46. oso
    Jan 5, 2013
    This is absolute SCAM! Dont let them steal your money with this pay2win **** - Instead you should try DayZ - it is in every aspect superior to this crap.
  47. Dec 23, 2012
    Absolutely horrible excuse for for a game - the engine is so poorly hacked together, everything from clipping to nasty collision detection issues like walking down a small gradient hill and being somehow slaughtered by the mere action of it, let alone the performance issues whereby users even with high-end machines will see 20fps tops simply - this coupled with a very low polygon countAbsolutely horrible excuse for for a game - the engine is so poorly hacked together, everything from clipping to nasty collision detection issues like walking down a small gradient hill and being somehow slaughtered by the mere action of it, let alone the performance issues whereby users even with high-end machines will see 20fps tops simply - this coupled with a very low polygon count game and textures from 1998 suggest that it is extremely poorly written - infact just for a laugh I attached a debugger, 95% of the time it was blocking waiting for a handle in another thread (sure, add multi-threading but if you don't do it properly you'll end up wasting all your cycles as code waits for exclusive access to objects)

I have serious doubts as to wither the developers will ever really rectify the problems, short of scratching the whole thing and starting with a respectable engine for starters.
  48. Dec 22, 2012
    Blatent ripoff of "Day Z" and terribly implemented at that. Avoid at all costs. Developers lied through their teeth on steam store page, and the steam userbase were so enraged that this game has been removed from steam and everyone given their money back.
  49. Jan 6, 2013
    You can't help but feel that Hammerpoint tried to nickle and dime gamers, and worse they tried to do it on the back of another title. It's a terrible case of a developer trying to take advantage of gamers. It might also have been more palatable if the game wasn't the mess that it currently is. All I can say is. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! Rather save your money! This is complete and utter trash.
  50. Jan 6, 2013
    My recommendation to ANYONE is to spend your money elsewhere. This game features the worst games have to offer in one insanely bad package. From random death glitches, standing still in a forest suddenly kills you, to the most unbalanced combat ever created. You're a slow moving easy to hit target for anyone who has a gun. Sprinting to cover also has no effect as you'll be twoshottedMy recommendation to ANYONE is to spend your money elsewhere. This game features the worst games have to offer in one insanely bad package. From random death glitches, standing still in a forest suddenly kills you, to the most unbalanced combat ever created. You're a slow moving easy to hit target for anyone who has a gun. Sprinting to cover also has no effect as you'll be twoshotted at any range. Devs don't seem to be overly interested in altering the mechanics. Furthermore there really isn't anything fun about the game. After being forced to delete/create a new character, because they put a one hour respawn on your other one ( like it has any use?), you go back in with your trusty ol flashlight and restart your search for a gun. Everything else seems plentyful. Crisps and chocolate bars all over the place.

Next up: features! There are none to speak of. Everything they advertise is not implemented and most likely never will be. I'm not going to waste more of your time on this failure of a game. Look elsewhere or buy Call of Duty if you want an easy turkey-shoot. Play DayZ if you want a better zombie survival mmo.
  51. Dec 19, 2012
    4 hours for respawn or 0.40$ to revive. No thank you Hammerpoint. This kind of shady cash grabbing deserves no other answer and rating. Unfortunate, but I think we gamers must make a point here and stop this kind of stuff before it spreads. The game itself is also not very good and lacks in the graphical department as well as in the gameplay department.
  52. Dec 20, 2012
    Do not give in an inch of your trust to this huge gaming scam.
    They should be fired from their job and forbidden to touch a computer for the rest of their life.
  53. Jan 4, 2013
    Broken, a game that with obvious immoral tactics that lash the players into paying more for very little benefits. For a 2013 mmo, when concerning graphics for this incomplete title, Textures: Horrid, Character Model:Plain, Environments: Generic. Even when you're purchasing items with REAL CASH MONEY, Hackers being rampant throughout the game will no doubt, hack your account stripping youBroken, a game that with obvious immoral tactics that lash the players into paying more for very little benefits. For a 2013 mmo, when concerning graphics for this incomplete title, Textures: Horrid, Character Model:Plain, Environments: Generic. Even when you're purchasing items with REAL CASH MONEY, Hackers being rampant throughout the game will no doubt, hack your account stripping you of your equipment. DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME BY ANY MEANS, I REPEAT DO NOT! PLAY! THIS! GAME! It's will inflict unimaginable boredom and frustration into your free-time! Expand
  54. Dec 20, 2012
    I would make a long review and list and explain all the faults of the game, devs, publiser, Sergey 'Big Rigs' Titov, etc, but frankly it's a waste of time. Let's put it this way, 90% of the people that bought it in this state regret their purchase. Don't do the same thing to yourself. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
  55. Dec 19, 2012
    Probably the worst game I have ever played. This game is completely unfinished, yet released on steam as a finished game, asking for a whole $15 for it. Textures suck, Animations suck, and there are bugs everywhere. Hacking in the game is rampant, which is a huge problem considering you loose all your items, and it takes 4 whole hours to play again once you get killed (by another hackingProbably the worst game I have ever played. This game is completely unfinished, yet released on steam as a finished game, asking for a whole $15 for it. Textures suck, Animations suck, and there are bugs everywhere. Hacking in the game is rampant, which is a huge problem considering you loose all your items, and it takes 4 whole hours to play again once you get killed (by another hacking playing in 9 out of 10 cases). It is a cash scam, plain and simple. I am sure this game will not be supported, and there will be no servers 6 months from now. Save your self the time and the money and do not buy this game. Play something else, pretty much anything else. Expand
  56. Dec 22, 2012
    This game is full of bugs and hacker. Hopefully the producer falls in bankruptcy. And the producer of this game puts the blame on the players. Most do not realize that they are not players, but they made ​​a game that ****
  57. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a genuinely bad game: buggy beyond belief, mediocre graphics, shoddy micro transactions and sluggish controls are just this tip of the iceberg.
    Save your cash.
  58. Jan 6, 2013
    This game supposed to be interesting and fresh in its idea but it isn't. It's a bad made Day Z clone with bad game mechanics, below mediocre graphics, laughable sound design and non existent depth. The servers are rushed by player killers, hackers, cheaters and terrible bugs. The items in game are actually bought through a micro transaction shop for real money and get lost when you gotThis game supposed to be interesting and fresh in its idea but it isn't. It's a bad made Day Z clone with bad game mechanics, below mediocre graphics, laughable sound design and non existent depth. The servers are rushed by player killers, hackers, cheaters and terrible bugs. The items in game are actually bought through a micro transaction shop for real money and get lost when you got killed! Full loot PvP with micro transaction items? come on... that's what I would call a pure cash grab method. Additional to this circumstances that renders the game worthless already the developers and moderators are showing up a totalitarian behaviour refusing refunds, banning users just for asking for, banning users for telling the truth, even banning playing users after a while to force them to buy this **** again.

That's what I would call a fraudulent tactic and an immoral behaviour.
  59. Dec 21, 2012
    This game is a massive cash-crop scam. Seriously, DO NOT PURCHASE THIS GAME. You will be disappointed. I am working on getting a refund. It was false advertising before it even began. GET YOUR MONEY BACK ASAP!
  60. Dec 19, 2012
    Well I don't really know what I can say to make people reconsider buying this game, by this point you should have heard all the controversy surrounding this game so you have either decided to stick with this game in the hopes that its going to get better or you have realized that it is a total pile of garbage that will be dead in a week, This game is awful, it runs like sh*t and it isWell I don't really know what I can say to make people reconsider buying this game, by this point you should have heard all the controversy surrounding this game so you have either decided to stick with this game in the hopes that its going to get better or you have realized that it is a total pile of garbage that will be dead in a week, This game is awful, it runs like sh*t and it is buggy as hell, not to mention there is a whole lot of false advertising in the hopes that it will trick people into buying this game. If you are still set on buying this garbage then i implore you to look up "big rigs over the road racing" which is a game made by the same developer of war z and got the well deserved title of "worst game of all time" Expand
  61. Dec 22, 2012
    This game is quite possibly one of the worst games i have ever had the misfortune of playing. If this ever climbs out of the deep hole it has dug itself into in alpha, i might play i a little bit more. Until then the only good experience of this game is being able to un-install it.
  62. Dec 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wanted to confirm the hype rather than just let controversy bubble. I bought the game because I had the money to spend. Now I want it back, and can't get it back. IF this game was an alpha, beta, test release, or anything, I would frame this review in a different light. Everyone agrees that DayZ is a fantastic mod to a beautiful game, Arma II, that was not intended to become a complete game until it vehemently soared.

WarZ, on the other hand was written out to be a "foundation" release on Steam currently, which bears no meaning to the gaming community. It is, in any other sense, an Alpha release, because of it is still in active development. However, since it is a working, non-free game, my judgement is based on the fact that I expect a game to be without blatant issues after having paid for it. Forums around the world are alight because of their blatantly poor business practices -- releasing a game lacking in mentioned features, expecting people to be okay with paying for a fixer-upper, forgetting to remove "league of legends" from the LoL TOS that they stole, implementing a poor in-game marketplace where, unbeknownst to players, one loses all gear, paid or not, upon character death, banning players and not hackers, and generally making it clear that they're creating a game for profit by profiteers. You walk in to find that textures are shoddy and your FoV is like looking through a pinhole after playing other FPS's. My first impression was that the average WarZ gamer is your average DayZ gamer: there is no tutorial or manual, so game dynamics are learned. For a paid release, I'd expect WarZ to have opened up to new players with a tutorial. You're given a map. First thing I notice is the sporadicy of the environment. It's a long walk to the nearest town. Once I was there, I learned that zombies are very attracted to even a slight bumping of the sprint key. It takes about half your stamina to completely outrun them. After dying a few times, I began to loot towns. The only loot I found in 3 hours of play was sustenance, a helmet, and a hammer. The hammer is a 4-5 hit kill for zombies. In this period of time I spent 60% of it running to the destination, 30% running away from zombies, and the remainder dying from other players, hackers, and creating new characters. The learning curve is steep. After a while, I began to get a feel of zombie's detection radii, and how to interact with other players speedily without using the textual chat. I made way through almost every lootable building in the city of Campos, and left very well endowed. Then, walking through forest, I died.

I was lucky to spawn once to the military base, and found an M4 and some wearable armor. I was using caps lock to speak in skype, but i accidentally hit the sprint (shift) key in the middle of the base, which by itself causes the character to sprint. This attracted a mass of zombies that couldn't fit through the door of the hanger. I unloaded the 30 round clip at head level, only killing 4 of about 30. My stamina was also expired, so that was the end of the character. This game is an alpha, so I expect it to have glitches and poor gameplay, but I paid for this game expecting it didn't. Can anyone see what's wrong with that sentence? In all honesty, I hope my purchase was a preorder to a decent game, or will be returned to me once Hammerpoint is finished with lawsuits and hate from their 200,000 disgruntled gamers. Meanwhile I'm enjoying the absolute lulz this game has brought to the table.
  63. Dec 18, 2012
    The company behind the game is a group of scamers, going for a fast cash grab. If you read the review GameSpot and the game dev, you will see how far down in a hole they have dug them self.

If the game was advertised for what it is right now, then it would have gotten quite a good score. It's a okay zombie survival game. But sadly the company did not believe in it's own product and had to lie about it.
  64. Dec 19, 2012
    Absolute piece of garbage. This developer has from the beginning been lying and deceiving people about this game. They have stolen various elements from another popular zombie game, and even the name was picked to sound similar to it to deceive people. All for money. Do not buy this game. On principle alone, you should not buy it.
  65. Dec 19, 2012
    Crap Crap Crap, this firm addicted to money. The last attempt to tap off money just a desperate attempt to jump on the train dayz!!! my recommendation hands away!!!
  66. Dec 19, 2012
    I wanted to draw further attention to the fact that people genuinely trying to get a refund on the game are being threatened by the company with a global blacklisting... This company is disgustingly unethical and I hope they get the lawsuit they deserve
  67. Dec 19, 2012
    Stay away from this, I feel dirty for paying hard earned money for this game and supporting dev's who are basically liars see their forums and the steam debacle for evidence!, they insult their own customers continuously, I mean literally insult them!..... Their lead dev has called some of their customers **** and accused people of misreading blatantly wrong information on the steamStay away from this, I feel dirty for paying hard earned money for this game and supporting dev's who are basically liars see their forums and the steam debacle for evidence!, they insult their own customers continuously, I mean literally insult them!..... Their lead dev has called some of their customers **** and accused people of misreading blatantly wrong information on the steam page....... no matter how hard I scrub the dirt isn't coming off... :( Expand
  68. Dec 29, 2012
    Awful, Awful game. Do not waste your time with this piss poor game. Take a look at the previous game made by this develeper *cough* Big Rigs *cough* and you will see why you should stay away from this game.
  69. Jan 31, 2014
    This game is useless. It is by far the most overprized piece of crap ever launched on Steam. I want my money back. This is a pure ripoff of the actually interresting DayZ. Developer claims things like they were first and what not which is totally wrong. Also people are getting banned from the official forums if they post critisism.
  70. Dec 19, 2012
    Lots of problems with the game, honey traps to trap hackers that catch real players, zombies not strong enough to be a danger...
    Though the game has some strong points, such as how tactical it can be in some cases, they released it too early to do the game any justice. A few more months to iron out bugs, strengthen the security on the game, and to check the dev list. The mods on the forums shut down any threads that complain about any aspect of the game, especially admin abuse in game.
    I bought this for a friend, and I'm horrified that the game was this half-baked.
    Good potential, but too much junk to deal with now to get a good rating, as friend was banned an hour into playing for shooting an admin with a handgun.
  71. Dec 19, 2012
    I regret buying this. Next to the false advertising the game is probably the worst game i ever played. It's clearly not finished, yet micro transactions are enabled. Textures are worse then it's mod counterpart ... Im dissapointed in steam on approving this game
  72. Dec 19, 2012
    Absolutely terrible game I wish I never traded for this **** they are randomly banning players for no reason, I could easily go on and on how terrible this game is but... The list would just go on and on and on.
  73. Dec 20, 2012
    A Sandbox(without the sand) FPS/3rd person shooter, with zombies getting in the way. You don't buy this game, you pay for Lifetime Alpha Access!

This is what a true survival horror should be. Not only should you have to endure zombies, and other players trying to kill you, but awful performance, bad frame rates, Lying developers, bugs, hackers, exploiters, and forum moderators too!

If this game ever gets all of its features implemented, I would say this game would be a 5 at best. As of right now, its unreviewable since its downright unplayable so that makes it a Zero in my book. This game is an FPS with a 1 hour respawn timer, and cash shop. Buying items with real money in this game is for stupid noobs, since its a full loot game. You will most likely get killed as soon as you zone into the game.

Currently you are only given four choices in this game.
    1)Create a Normal mode player to be played on any server.
    2)Create a Hardcore mode player to be played on any server.
    3)Logout.
    4)Uninstall.

I prefer option 4! And suggest that you stay away from The WarZ, unless you really, really like Zombies, and bad games.
  74. Dec 20, 2012
    This is one of the worst games off all time. War Z is a zombie game where zombies are irrelevant, the real dangers are the players, the zombies are just there to look pretty and make people think it's a zombie mmo. This was expected from the man behind Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, another game with no goal, just a pile of glitches. Sergey Titov and his community managers also provideThis is one of the worst games off all time. War Z is a zombie game where zombies are irrelevant, the real dangers are the players, the zombies are just there to look pretty and make people think it's a zombie mmo. This was expected from the man behind Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, another game with no goal, just a pile of glitches. Sergey Titov and his community managers also provide one of the worst customer service experiences, abusing of their power, banning for no reason or for making negative comments about the game itself. Expand
  75. Dec 20, 2012
    *SPOILER* It sucks

This project has been condemned to failure by the ego's behind Hammerpoint and Sergey Titov himself. It'll be interesting to see what happens when AMC chimes in with it's lawyers concerning the blatant copyright infringement and FX about the American Horror Story theme music plagiarism. I've never seen a company or product self destruct in such a spectacular
    *SPOILER* It sucks

I've never seen a company or product self destruct in such a spectacular fashion before. This story gets more and more amazing as the seconds tick by.
  76. Dec 20, 2012
    1st of all, I want to say that I'm a happy customer, because I received my refund.I bought a Legend package. The game is great, super great for me at first look. Comparing to DayZ, this game is much less clumsy and easier to play. However, constant lag spike and crash lead to numerous deaths. I was frustrated and ask for a refund on the forum. This is the part get me mad, my post, every1st of all, I want to say that I'm a happy customer, because I received my refund.I bought a Legend package. The game is great, super great for me at first look. Comparing to DayZ, this game is much less clumsy and easier to play. However, constant lag spike and crash lead to numerous deaths. I was frustrated and ask for a refund on the forum. This is the part get me mad, my post, every post of mine talking anything about negative stuffs (refund, bug, lag....) got deleted. Instead cooperate with the customer and work it out, they just delete all the negative post and keep their forum clean and full of unicorns. I got my refund eventually through Paypal. Consider if you want to play, for me I hate a **** customer service. What they are doing when you need them fix things up ? --> Deleting your posts Expand
  77. Dec 21, 2012
    This game is just awful. It's boring and the team is not good, the map doesn't have the details and the features they said, I played the game for like 1 week and I thought it was very good but I started to don't play it anymore until I got banned for no reason, I never used nothing like cheats and other unintentionally programs to benefit myself. And btw, the game has many glitchs andThis game is just awful. It's boring and the team is not good, the map doesn't have the details and the features they said, I played the game for like 1 week and I thought it was very good but I started to don't play it anymore until I got banned for no reason, I never used nothing like cheats and other unintentionally programs to benefit myself. And btw, the game has many glitchs and other bugs, yes it's in Beta but they prefer to make money by adding and changing ridiculous stuff then making our game more playiable. Final answer: Don't waste your money, It is a good idea for a game but this team **** it up. Expand
  78. Dec 21, 2012
    Worst. Game. Ever. And arktos "entertainment" wont even explain to their customers why their game is so very **** They just treat them like nothing.
  79. Dec 22, 2012
    Simply one of the worst games i have played. Day z does everything better thank this mess.

Awful graphics, tiny map, poor game engine, plus too many other flaws to list (just google this game and you will see)

Do Not Buy. Instead buy arma 2 and enjoy a far superior mod called day z.
  80. Dec 23, 2012
    I originally purchased this game on the release date because a group of friends were all buying into it and were speaking highly of the video footage etc. that had been released.

Ignoring the terrible launch I managed to get in a day later and start playing, I then realized what a terrible mistake I had made, this is honestly one of the worst multiplayer games claiming to be a AAA game I have ever played.

A couple of key issues:

The company is completely unprofessional; swearing and calling people out is common.
    Animations are terrible.
    Graphics aren't anything to write home about.
    Zombies are useless and can be avoided incredibly easy.
    Hacks are readily available for the game.
    Forum moderation is something Hitler would have been proud of.

So after all that I decided I'd request my refund before the game launched (I had played it for a day for exactly 1 hour).

First of all their support is terrible, it took 7 days to get a response completely avoiding my issue and almost begging me to wait until the game goes to beta stage, I refused and persisted for a refund, this is where the contact went dead for 9 days, after which they responded with "You have played the game for x minutes, you are not entitled to a refund". This infuriated me so I jumped on the phone with my bank and explained the issue, within 2 hours I had the money back in the account and guess what? I can still play the game, not that I'd want to.

The amount of lying, cheating and lack of professionalism shown by this company amazes me, in a sector that is growing incredibly each year we do not need these people, people complain saying that the media frenzy has been blown out of proportion. I don't think it has, in fact I think it won't be done until the company has been buried, no-one should be allowed to act in the way that Hammerpoint has.

There are thousands of reviews on this site and each person is entitled to their own opinion but honestly, if anyone happens to read this review, please, save yourself your time and money and avoid the game. I will be happy knowing that maybe someone else will be spared the frustration of dealing with a fraudulent company.
  81. Dec 24, 2012
    This game is a sad attempt to make money off of the success of the popular mod DayZ. Some people might disagree even though they are wrong let them live in their world were War Z is the superior game, I'm sure it is a happy world covered in ignorance. But the real truth about this game is even though it ripped off a game mod that is in Alpha they didn't fix any problems; if anything theyThis game is a sad attempt to make money off of the success of the popular mod DayZ. Some people might disagree even though they are wrong let them live in their world were War Z is the superior game, I'm sure it is a happy world covered in ignorance. But the real truth about this game is even though it ripped off a game mod that is in Alpha they didn't fix any problems; if anything they just expanded on the problems and got rid of some good things of DayZ. For starters they have a horrible business model, pay for the game (that is NOT finished) then make people buy more items with real cash in game that they can later loose if they die so they can buy more items making more money, They clearly do not care about the customer at all and I wouldn't be surprised if they just canceled the game and ran off with the money. Don't get me wrong this game has potential but with the work of the horrible DEVs banning everyone who doesn't like the game and customer support refusing to give people refunds on a game they were told was finished (which is illegal by the way) shows that they only entertain the game until people stop paying attention to it. The only way this game could of been amazing from the start was if they made it free to play and kept the micro transactions, to feed their money hunger, so everybody wins. The company gets their money and customers do not feel like they have been duped into buying a unfinished game due to being free to play. But right now the damage is done and this is game will most likely fail even with the cult following they have. The only thing we can do is sit and wait for after the holidays and see how the company reacts to these haters and lovers of the game. And see if they release any plan for the game and if they will respect the customers for their refunds. If they don't do any of these things I suggest you get out of that game as soon as possible because these business ethics are not one you as a customer should be supporting. Expand
  82. Dec 31, 2012
    Zombie MMO is conceptually interesting, but when you get into the game its terrible. Death respawns are ridiculously long (4hrs). Running around aimlessly with nothing to do except hunt noobs and grief people or help people. I found no actual purpose or goal with this game. Waste of money, even on sale.
  83. Jan 4, 2013
    I feel sorry for anyone who had purchased this piece of s***. The game is very unforgiving, when killed by a zombie or another player you may have a wait time of 3 F***ING HOURS to respawn!! Not to mention that you lose everything you found and bought. The gameplay is limited, and it uses false advertising. The game is unfathomly flawed; no, BROKEN, but the microtransactions ore perfectlyI feel sorry for anyone who had purchased this piece of s***. The game is very unforgiving, when killed by a zombie or another player you may have a wait time of 3 F***ING HOURS to respawn!! Not to mention that you lose everything you found and bought. The gameplay is limited, and it uses false advertising. The game is unfathomly flawed; no, BROKEN, but the microtransactions ore perfectly fine. Kinda suspicious.The only way to bypass long respawn times? Pay money. The only way you can do anything? Pay more money. The only way you can get things you ACTUALLY NEED to play? PAY MORE F****ING MONEY. The Devs might as well be Devils, because you can't complain, unless you like getting banned. I really don't even need to say anything; look at all the other reviews. Expand
  84. Jan 5, 2013
    I would give this game a 0 if not for it's "original never before thought of" idea of a zombie apocalypse MMO. This game is utterly bad, terrible! The textures are even worse than DayZ, a free to play mod for the game Arma II and DayZ doesn't even have that good textures. The gameplay is terrible, if you walk down, croch or crawl down a 1 meter high hill you will lose about 25% of yourI would give this game a 0 if not for it's "original never before thought of" idea of a zombie apocalypse MMO. This game is utterly bad, terrible! The textures are even worse than DayZ, a free to play mod for the game Arma II and DayZ doesn't even have that good textures. The gameplay is terrible, if you walk down, croch or crawl down a 1 meter high hill you will lose about 25% of your health most of the time from fall damage, you can't swim and if there's one zombie you're fighting you're invincible as to if there are two zombies+ attacking you you should just let them kill you. My God the running is so slow. when you sprint it looks like you're walking fast! One of the worse things about this game, you can buy weapons and consumables before you even start, you lose that on death and by the way when you die you have to wait FOUR HOURS to respawn OR you can pay to respawn instantly. So if you die by fall damage from a hill that's not even as tall as your player and you spent money on buying a weapon or other items you're screwed. The WarZ staff are banning people that criticize the game badly on the forums, and there are rumors that the devs spawn stuff in for themselves. Not only that but the staff/devs are blackmailing the players asking for a refund, threatening to put them on the global blacklist, restricting them from buying certain games or other items. Their terms of service was copied word for word from the game League of Legends. Let's take a look at the broken promises from their original steam store page(It's been edited now):

"The War Z is a Survival Horror MMO that immerses players in a zombie-infested, post-apocalyptic world in which a viral outbreak has decimated the human population leaving in its wake, a nightmare of epic proportion" No mention of game being in alpha/beta and without all features

"A Huge Persistent World. The War Z is an open world game. Each world has areas between 100 to 400 square kilometers." There is only one map and it is 72 square kilometers

"Play with friends. Hundreds of Servers to Play on and you can also rent and create public or private servers allocating spots for Friends or Clans." No private servers in the game.

"No Classes. No Levels. No Caps. Create your own survival campaign, gain experience points and psend it to learn dozen of available skills" There are no skills you can use currently in the game.

"Up to 100 players per game server" When the game first came out the mac players on it was 50 players.

"Dedicated public servers as well as private servers" Again there are no private servers.

Hammerpoint Interactive, the creators of The War Z, in my opinion were trying to cash in on the success of a mod for Arma II, DayZ, and the rushed out a game not even close to coming out in which I believe is an alpha/beta version.

1/10 from me for their original idea, everything else was either not finished or poorly done. The developers are immature and will ban players using bully tactics.
  85. Jan 6, 2013
    The core mechanics are very simple, but are fun in a brutally realistic sort of way... but you have never seen a game more hacked out than this. In a game that is predominantly about stealth and survival, a game aiming for realism, the hacking is so annoying you will literally scream in frustration. Imagine sneaking through an army base, finding precious loot: an M-16 (a rare treatThe core mechanics are very simple, but are fun in a brutally realistic sort of way... but you have never seen a game more hacked out than this. In a game that is predominantly about stealth and survival, a game aiming for realism, the hacking is so annoying you will literally scream in frustration. Imagine sneaking through an army base, finding precious loot: an M-16 (a rare treat in this game), some body armor (holy snikies batman!), and a a bunch of ammo! (Wow! It's like you won the lottery!) And then you are sneaking into the safe zone looking at every bush. You're like a carjacker driving back to dump your loot. Your pulse is racing as you hit your keyboard. You are almost at the safe zone. You are checking your back. Clear. You are almost safe... then you are killed by an invisible hacker with a hammer. You will want to scream. Getting loot (or losing loot you bought) is so incredibly difficult, yet 35% of my deaths have been due to hacking (no exaggeration). And these hacks are insane hacks too... wallhacks, aimbots, flying, ESP, invisibility, and even infinite endurance... they've covered almost every power the X-Men possess. Put simply, don't buy this game. Expand
  86. Jan 9, 2013
    There are a lot of issues with this game, varying from its unending bugs to its uninterested developers.

There are bugs in the mechanics of the game and an over-abundance of guns with purchasable ammunition allowing players to arm themselves in relatively short time, and resulting in new players effectively being shot on site. The game is filled with hackers and the developers at

The game is filled with hackers and the developers at Hammerpoint have clearly demonstrated they have no interest in dealing with this issue properly. They utilize a hack prevention system that they consider 'perfect' and have wrongfully banned hundreds, or possibly thousands of their own users.

Sergey from Hammerpoint has promised refunds to players with fewer than five hours on their account but has not delivered on this promise.

Sergey from Hammerpoint has shown in interviews he feels no shame or regret for lying on the games Steam description (the debacle and grossly incompetent actions by Hammerpoint Interactive have resulted in Steam actually pulling the game from their platform, hopefully permanently), and blames the users for misreading the description.

There has been active moderator abuse both on the forums and in game, ranging in action from banning members with no good reason, to spawning items in game (some that cannot even be obtained by legitimate means at this point in time) and giving them to their friends (using the excuse "we're going to play until we die so someone will get this stuff, we're getting more gear out there"), at this point going out and killing legitimate, PAYING PLAYERS with their hacked gear. Keep in mind, these are the moderators, not random hackers who slipped into the game unnoticed.

Sergey has clearly demonstrated his absolute incompetence in the field of game development (see: Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing) and has shown that he is equally unsuited to function in public relations, community administration & moderation, or account administration. This is a person who should not be involved with or engaged in the gaming industry.

Many people are calling for charges of fraudulence and false advertising, and I could not agree more. If this development cycle was not an absolute money grabbing con, I don't know what is.

I'm now 32 days into repeated requests for a refund, and now am making efforts to contact Xolla and other companies related to the transaction, as Hammerpoint Interactive is ignoring my contact requests. I am well under their defined 5 hour playtime limitation on refunds.

This is a disgusting excuse for a development, and should be left to die and fester in its own horrid waste.
  87. Jan 9, 2013
    This is a joke of a game. It's an obvious port from War Inc. to take advantage of the gap between the time that DayZ releases it's stand alone.. I'm not even a DayZ fan, and I can tell what they did...

Behind the broken models, the huge cheating player base, the laughable game glitches, there isn't even a "fun" game. Crap game, crap developer, crap customer service. I suggest you

Crap game, crap developer, crap customer service. I suggest you find a new line of work Titov, because I know if I personally ever hear your name behind a title again, I can only assume it's crap you half assed and released upon the unwitting public. You have successfully ruined your name.
  88. Jan 10, 2013
    Well i nearly laughed my ass off when i see this game. First it is a complete copy of dayz and they can;t even do well copying the game! The game engine i don't even wanna say absolute terrible but that;s what a mmofps engine brings.
  89. Jan 12, 2013
    Trust the reviews, this game is in fact a pile of crap. The stories are true, they really did just throw together a game using the majority of their assets from another game of theirs to cash in on the success of DayZ. Simply put...

DO NOT BUT THIS!
  90. Jan 14, 2013
    I gave The War Z a 0 out of 10 not because of game play, but because of the massive amount of hackers that continue to prevail in this game, also the lack of hammerpoint following through their promises and the lake of game updates that are in any way important and all the glitches and unfinished parts to this game. It can be fun to play with your clan and do some pvp battles, and forI gave The War Z a 0 out of 10 not because of game play, but because of the massive amount of hackers that continue to prevail in this game, also the lack of hammerpoint following through their promises and the lake of game updates that are in any way important and all the glitches and unfinished parts to this game. It can be fun to play with your clan and do some pvp battles, and for awhile that made it some what bearable with all the other stuff going wrong with this game, but since the weapon spawn being majorly lowered, the game has lost a massive amount of its fun. Exploring is no longer fun and pvp is losing its luster! Expand
  91. Jan 26, 2013
    This is a terrible game, dont buy this. The devs givs out random PERMANENT BANS for no reason. Wait for the Day Z standalone. Dev on war z is not serious. This is not a professional game.
  92. Jan 26, 2013
    Just Don't play it, The game is made by guys who don't even care on the players only the money they make.
    The hole game is glitchy, melee combat is dreadful, even gun play and walking making me sick.
  93. Jan 30, 2013
    This game is scam EVER! The devs clearly are trying to rip poeple off. If you are seriously too blind to realise this and you buy the game, then its your own fault that you got scammed. They lie and cheat. Oh and another hugely important note is that when you see POSITIVE reviews on this site, look into the persons reviewing history. Out of the 50 people I saw 45 of them had only done aThis game is scam EVER! The devs clearly are trying to rip poeple off. If you are seriously too blind to realise this and you buy the game, then its your own fault that you got scammed. They lie and cheat. Oh and another hugely important note is that when you see POSITIVE reviews on this site, look into the persons reviewing history. Out of the 50 people I saw 45 of them had only done a review on WarZ.....This is the most shameful gaming company EVER......I am terribly sorry but this reveiw, like the other 2245 reviews will not change anything. They have won. They got their money quickly and now that people know it sucks......They're winner..... Expand
  94. Feb 5, 2013
    This game should be a shining example of what not to do in the gaming industry. There's always overhyping when it comes to gaming but then there's this; which was releasing a trashy beta game and putting in the description of said game a bunch of features and functions that do not actually exist in the thing at all (on the released friggen product nonetheless). It was so utterly bad thatThis game should be a shining example of what not to do in the gaming industry. There's always overhyping when it comes to gaming but then there's this; which was releasing a trashy beta game and putting in the description of said game a bunch of features and functions that do not actually exist in the thing at all (on the released friggen product nonetheless). It was so utterly bad that valve actually took it off their store and started handing out refunds for upset customers, something I had never heard of until War Z and if that isn't a sign to stay away from this disaster then I don't know what is Expand
  95. Feb 21, 2013
    This "Game" is a big pile of and i wish i never bought it, because if i ask for a refund, I will get BANNED. You read right, BANNED. This piece of crap is buggy, a ripoff and a big fat lie. They promised at least 20 things for the full release, but have they added those? NO. Do NOT buy it. You WILL regret it.
  96. Mar 27, 2013
    The positive reviews on here I can only assume are developers or friends of the team behind War Z trying to salvage some sales for this horrible product.

They mislead hard earned money of gamers. They over promised and under provided. They lied to everyone about the production times. They even stole graphics from 'the walking dead tv show' slightly edited and used them in adverts.

They mislead hard earned money of gamers.
    They over promised and under provided.
    They lied to everyone about the production times.

This game and the team behind it do not deserve your money.They deserve to learn the hard reality that gamers ARE NOT IDIOTS. We analyse your production data,applied patents,search reviews and press coverage.We do not just buy into your over bloated promises.

Drop this game and attempt to build a franchise worthy of our money.
  97. Nov 24, 2013
    I don't believe that I bought this stupid game for 30$ as pre-order. I feel to cheated. Now any can buy this game for only 3$. Game seems great but really this is much
  98. Aug 9, 2013
    Horrible pay to win riding on DayZ's success. Do not buy. Do not even pirate.

If you buy anything with real world money, you do not get to keep it if you die. If you want to play a zombie survival game, buy ARMA 2 and get DayZ. It has bugs but at least it isnt pay to win like this of a game is.
  99. Oct 24, 2013
    Worst game i ever see no account support worst punkbuster version (doesnt work at all) bunch of hackers,, bad in store credit (you need to buy ammo and medicine),,, bad fps textures this game is a joke >>>want some proof? go and check twitch ,,,,Infestation developers very unprofessional
  100. Dec 18, 2012
    Game is a good game, it is the developers and the mods who make this a negative review, the game itself has long list of things "promised" just like we were promised "this game is not pay-to-win" but what do you know??? the game has just become pay-to-win...
    also, all those unlegit bans? their "100% hack detector" ran by humans... humans get lazy and can sometimes rush through things just to get done...
  101. Feb 26, 2013
    This game is absolutely terrible. It is being marketed and is on sale as if it were a full game when it's really still in alpha development phase. The developers are already cashing in on those who are unlucky enough to fall for the false promises made on this game. It's also extremely pay-to-win. After forking over real cash for fake credit, you and another player can have a walletThis game is absolutely terrible. It is being marketed and is on sale as if it were a full game when it's really still in alpha development phase. The developers are already cashing in on those who are unlucky enough to fall for the false promises made on this game. It's also extremely pay-to-win. After forking over real cash for fake credit, you and another player can have a wallet battle, where each person pays to respawn faster in order to regain the loot they lost. Eventually, someone gives up and loses their stuff to the other guy or runs out of money, and the developers have gotten the players to spend potentially huge amounts of money for absolutely nothing. It also robs the players of any reward they may have received by doing well unless they're willing to pay up to the developers in order to get their character to respawn faster than the other guy. Collapse

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.