1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 4014 Ratings

1. Dec 19, 2012
    The game itself is badly designed.

While it has some glances of a good game , overall it just fails. It's not finished AT ALL and deserves a 3-4. Sadly the creators of the game spout lies on the steam page. Also the latest moves from them are shady at best , I personally was in beta and since 2 months they added both GI and Clans as complete gameplay features ( and that's it ).
    The game itself is badly designed.

While it has some glances of a good game , overall it just fails.
    It's not finished AT ALL and deserves a 3-4.

Sadly the creators of the game spout lies on the steam page.

After a interview in gamespy were the leader of this dev teams acts like it's the users fault for the mistakes he made , they continue to alter the game ( not adding any new gameplay feature ) and adding a 4h timer when you die.
    The worse is that you can revive immediately if you pay REAL MONEY.

In terms of stability , older users got to pay MORE for the game than on release , so If they continue this practice coming early to the game doesn't offer nothing , SO WAIT UNTIL IT'S FINISHED to actually try it, since you don't loose nothing in waiting. It's sad to see a game go out like this ... it deserves a 3-4 but with the negative points arktos and hammerpoint / Sergey Titov and his devs give .... it should get a negative score just cause they actually ruined the game in a cash grab.
  2. Dec 19, 2012
    Please do not buy this game, the developers are some of worst types of people around; con-men, nothing more, nothing less. The community is terrible also, if anyone has a complaint or issue they usually get insulted and played off as a dayz "fanboy" or a immature child, you cant seem to have a conversation with these people, if they don't get you then the banhammer will. The game itselfPlease do not buy this game, the developers are some of worst types of people around; con-men, nothing more, nothing less. The community is terrible also, if anyone has a complaint or issue they usually get insulted and played off as a dayz "fanboy" or a immature child, you cant seem to have a conversation with these people, if they don't get you then the banhammer will. The game itself has no merit, no redeeming features, nothing. Expand
  3. Dec 19, 2012

The game itself is badly designed.

While it has some glances of a good game , overall it just fails.
    It's not finished AT ALL and deserves a 3-4.

Sadly the creators of the game spout lies on the steam page.

The worse is that you can revive immediately if you pay REAL MONEY.

4. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a game that rides on the wave that the Arma II mod DayZ made. It's a terrible knockoff riddled with bugs, bad game design and an obvious "Pay to Win" model. The whole game is pretty much ripped out of War Inc, with the only new additions being zombies. Don't support the people behind this game.
  5. Dec 19, 2012
    It doesn't even deserve to be called a game. From the very start, the developers have been obviously trying to milk the consumers whom they promised some unfulfilled features.
  6. Dec 19, 2012
    damm rlly. i love that **** game.. but the devs are how to say it.. fail ONLY bugs they let return older bugs they ban ppl or not `? cabnt reach support just money making... guys get better or delete warz !

sehrgay sucks :D
  7. Dec 19, 2012
    The worst game i ever spent my money on. Don't buy it unless you want to get scammed these are the same developers of WAR INC how much promises did this company break with that game... Just do some research and you will know this company is filled with a bunch of scammers.
  8. Dec 19, 2012
    Thx for giving out weapons to stupid streamers just cause you though it wouldn't be completely unprofessional.

Thx for banning me for telling people that you gave weapons .

Now here's your reward .. a 0 !
  9. Dec 22, 2012
    You can give me the "its in alpha" speech, but I have already heard it. The game is in alpha, but is extremely broken. Every game has its bad aspects, but this one has maybe 1 good aspect. Its so bad! The graphics are horrible, and as far as I can tell, there is not a single difference between Ultra graphics and Low graphics. It's horrible. The most fun I get out of it is being theYou can give me the "its in alpha" speech, but I have already heard it. The game is in alpha, but is extremely broken. Every game has its bad aspects, but this one has maybe 1 good aspect. Its so bad! The graphics are horrible, and as far as I can tell, there is not a single difference between Ultra graphics and Low graphics. It's horrible. The most fun I get out of it is being the douche-bag I hate and killing someone who has something worth five minutes. The steam page does lies about everything. There really is not any PVE whatsoever. It's a big deathmatch. But so is DayZ. The game is extremely bad. Do not get it. Luckily I won two free accounts. Expand
  10. Dec 26, 2012
    This is one of the worst games i have ever seen, the Game play is terrible the textures are terrible on the website it says you cant buy weapons but that's a lie you can buy food and weapons which defeats the whole purpose of survival, if i were anyone questioning purchasing this game, personally not buy it not even once finished if it even gets that far.
  11. Jan 3, 2013
    Where can I start? Oh right yeah... Firstly, the developers produce screenshots that aren't even remotely correct (vehicles/working guns and vaccines e.t.c)...Then they lie about half of their features: huge maps? There's one map and let's face it, it's not very big. But we all know about those and I can't be bothered to go through any more. They took our money and put it to bad use. C'monWhere can I start? Oh right yeah... Firstly, the developers produce screenshots that aren't even remotely correct (vehicles/working guns and vaccines e.t.c)...Then they lie about half of their features: huge maps? There's one map and let's face it, it's not very big. But we all know about those and I can't be bothered to go through any more. They took our money and put it to bad use. C'mon devs.

Now onto the game. Yeah, it's fun sometimes, but only when you get into a gunfight with a non-hacking enemy, which is my first complaint. Too many hackers. They don't even have anything close to an anti-hack system. They rely on screenshots and other reports. Then they don't even do anything.

Secondly, it's full of bugs. Too many bugs, then they have the right mind to call the game not alpha or beta, but "foundation release". Bugs: walking down a mountain and losing 90% of your health, jumping through a window and getting flung through the ceiling onto the roof, grass not rendering at far distances on lower graphics settings, therefore giving people with slower computers a better advantage. Also, all the random crashes, most commonly when you kill an enemy with lots of loot, it all drops at once causing a lag spike and even crashes.

Another thing is the zombies, way too overpowered for beginners, there needs to be some kind of tutorial to basically tell them how to survive. As a beginner you are sat there pounding 30 hits into a zombie with a baseball bat until they die. But if you're getting chased by a whole town of zombies then this isn't very good because you will almost certainly die.

Finally, the Sergey said the game won't be pay to win, but some websites are offering a version with an AKM, B92, a backpack and 21,000 GC (ingame cash). Won't be long before there's guns in the shop.

I think the game has potential but right now it's full of bugs, lying developers and constantly broken servers.
  12. Jan 8, 2013
    The game is rubbish. all it is trying to do is making use of the popularity of dayz and trying to earn money from people. the game is also not ready for release yet it was. go look at the T&C and its from LoL they didnt even remove the link
  13. Jan 4, 2013
    ATTENTION: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME

The developers are straight out lying, and the game is NOT finished AT ALL. This is nothing but a quick cash grab. If you have bought this game, get you money back as soon as possible
  14. Dec 19, 2012
    A cheap cash grab, that's all. Reskinned War.Inc made to profit from the dayz zombie craze as much as possible.

Also the developers are worse than EA and Activision combined.
  15. Dec 19, 2012
    This game has been an obvious scam since the day it was announced. Cash shop in a sandbox game based around scavenging items, at least it was worth a laugh.
  16. Jan 7, 2013
    Game is **** Believe me. I have it since October and is utter crap - it's FILLED with hackers, I mean crawling, I mean my guess is at least 60-70% of all players have any form of hack, at least ESP. Graphics are ****ty beyond belief (watch a video on YouTube and witness yourself); developers are shady, despot liars that will ban you for your opinions on the forum, and so on, and so forth.Game is **** Believe me. I have it since October and is utter crap - it's FILLED with hackers, I mean crawling, I mean my guess is at least 60-70% of all players have any form of hack, at least ESP. Graphics are ****ty beyond belief (watch a video on YouTube and witness yourself); developers are shady, despot liars that will ban you for your opinions on the forum, and so on, and so forth. Game is build on the hype generated by DayZ. All these guys at Hammerpoint want is YOUR MONEY, so DON'T GIVE IT TO THEM. Do yourself a favor and don't buy this piece of **** Expand
  17. Jan 4, 2013
    I bought this game for full price, legendary package.

This game is a scam. Stay Away.

The War Z is a total disaster. The worst zombie game ever made.
  18. Dec 19, 2012
    The War Z is easily one of the worst games i've ever played. I'd say it's beaten only by Big Rigs, a game made by the same people (what a surprise!). Even the name alone is a straight rip off of Day Z. The game itself plays completely awful and after an hour I had a headache and wanted to throw up. The graphics would disgust a N64 and the gameplay is rougher than sandpaper. It doesn'tThe War Z is easily one of the worst games i've ever played. I'd say it's beaten only by Big Rigs, a game made by the same people (what a surprise!). Even the name alone is a straight rip off of Day Z. The game itself plays completely awful and after an hour I had a headache and wanted to throw up. The graphics would disgust a N64 and the gameplay is rougher than sandpaper. It doesn't excel at fun or realism. If you would like to enjoy a zombie apocalypse game, I would suggest Day Z instead of this cheap ripoff. Expand
  19. Jan 4, 2013
    This game is a total flop in gaming history. Nothing but lies and unprofessional behaviour from the developers side, which leaves a game that is unpolished, unfinished and extremely disapointed thought through.
  20. Mar 20, 2013
    Aside from the fact that warz is basically a clone of War Inc, one of the bigger FPS failures due to crappy coding, glitching, and dated graphics, The gameplay probably deserves a 2 or 3. However I rated them as a zero because of the lie upon lie they stated. They stated this was in the making well before dayz came out (When it's obviously a rip off of dayz), and they continued to makeAside from the fact that warz is basically a clone of War Inc, one of the bigger FPS failures due to crappy coding, glitching, and dated graphics, The gameplay probably deserves a 2 or 3. However I rated them as a zero because of the lie upon lie they stated. They stated this was in the making well before dayz came out (When it's obviously a rip off of dayz), and they continued to make many other lies in order to attempt to get a cash cow (Which they managed to do, I guess). Heck, they literally took the TOS from everquest 2 and just did a copy paste with no editing, and put it up a while back. You could literally see "Everquest 2". This is one of the companies that should be put to trial and sued for lies and slander. Expand
  21. Jan 1, 2013
    This game was AT THE VERY LEAST 2-5 months of development away until it would be ready for general consumption. And then for any fan complaining about the poor conditions of the game to be silenced or banned for doing so. This game is without question illegal to sell to any consumer for its incredibly false advertisement of features that never were released into the actual game. STAY AWAYThis game was AT THE VERY LEAST 2-5 months of development away until it would be ready for general consumption. And then for any fan complaining about the poor conditions of the game to be silenced or banned for doing so. This game is without question illegal to sell to any consumer for its incredibly false advertisement of features that never were released into the actual game. STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME Expand
  22. Dec 19, 2012
    Words cannot simply describe how bad this game is, but I'll do my best. First off, if you're a War Z fan boy, don't bother telling me about how the game is only in alpha/beta. The developers clearly 'forgot' to mention this fact on the Steam store page. Thousands of people have purchased it, expecting a finished game, yet they have received an absolute **** fest.

Let's get down to my

Let's get down to my initial experience. As a regular DayZ player I least have some knowledge of how to play this sort of game. During my first life, I went to a trailer park and found two unarmed players. I got to talking to them and we agreed to team. Within about 5 seconds of me turning my back they began to hit me with their flashlights (note: I stated to them that I had nothing of worth, as did they). I tried to run away but thanks to the game's ****ty stamina system, I died.

5 minutes into my second life, I ran into a building in a small town looking for loot and was immediately killed by someone wielding a knife. No hesitation, no time to react, dead.

5 minutes into my third life the same pretty much happened but it was at a different location on the map and they killed me with a gun this time. (note: I had nothing, I was barely even a threat, I didn't even go close to them before they shot/stabbed me down).

Barely 3 minutes into my fourth (and final) life I was shot by sniper, completely out of the blue for no reason. After that I decided that I'd had enough.

It's basically Call of Duty with overpowered zombies thrown in. They kill you in about 5 hits and when you're stamina runs out (which it does fairly quickly) they run faster than you.

It's bad enough that they had to copy DayZ but they've done such a bad job of it.

If you're thinking about buying this game I strongly recommend that you don't. Wait for the DayZ standalone.

TL;DR: CoD with Zombies. Awful game.
  23. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a fraud. Not a single claimed feature is true, the game is buggy and boring.
    Some Textures are worse than sprites from DooM, and the gameplay feels almost non-existant.
  24. Dec 24, 2012
    I paid 50 bucks for this (Legendary) and honestly would have rather spent my money on a blowjob from a cheap hooker named Martha with no teeth. DO NOT BUY THIS GARBAGE.
  25. Dec 18, 2012
    I believe that the choices made by the dev of WarZ are terrible and should receive a score of 0. The fact that they changed the respawn limit from 1 hour to a 4 hour wait or pay 50gc which is in-game money that is bought with real money.
  26. Dec 18, 2012
    This Game is a Scam.....Do not buy.... Just google it and you will see many reasons.

The idea and concept behind War Z would be a winner in most every gamers library, unfortunately it has been poorly executed by Hammerpoint. There is a massive population of gamers who would enjoy playing a true Zombie Survival MMO, however this game falls short in all 3 of those words. ◎ Zombie. There are zombies in the game, and is probably the highest selling point for this game. Unfortunately the zombies are pointless in the game, and leave much to be desired. One would think in a Zombie Survival game, your biggest fear would be zombies. This is untrue. Players are your worst enemy, and zombies are there to be filler and annoying at most.
  27. Dec 18, 2012
    OK Sergei you asked for review... Idea of the game is nice, not matter who ripped it from who *cough* stolen from Rocket *cough* . If we forget all rip-off and all this idea stealing (even the Foundation release name stolen from DayZ) Let's forget ALL of that and see what we have here: We have nice idea, we have some what good base on what to build but it needs to be build beforeOK Sergei you asked for review... Idea of the game is nice, not matter who ripped it from who *cough* stolen from Rocket *cough* . If we forget all rip-off and all this idea stealing (even the Foundation release name stolen from DayZ) Let's forget ALL of that and see what we have here: We have nice idea, we have some what good base on what to build but it needs to be build before releasing. This game is still in EARLY alpha phase. You can't just release something that's COMPLETELY undone! Steam should be ashamed of them self for selling this and advertising it as a complete game! There's not one mention on steam page that the game is still in developement..even thou Main Dev Sergei claims all mmo's are constantly developed it does not mean you can publish something that's clearly still in ALPHA! Steam page is full of lies and your sad interview trying to cover those lies (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html) is not doing you any good. You are just money scamming douchebag mr. Sergei!

I strongly, I repeat STRONGLY advice to invest your money into something else then WarZ. Drink it. Drink beer till you vomit all over your moms carpet and pass out lying on it, vomit all over you.. . That's better investment then putting your money into something as bad as this sad excuse of a game is!
  28. Dec 18, 2012
    This is literally the one of the worst games I've ever played. I bought it on Steam, but little did I know that the claims made by the developers were nothing more than simple marketing. The game is still in alpha or very early beta (even though they fail to inform costumers of this) and is nearly unplayable. The textures are terrible, models fail to load, the servers are unable to handleThis is literally the one of the worst games I've ever played. I bought it on Steam, but little did I know that the claims made by the developers were nothing more than simple marketing. The game is still in alpha or very early beta (even though they fail to inform costumers of this) and is nearly unplayable. The textures are terrible, models fail to load, the servers are unable to handle their advertised capacity, the AI is laughable, the success of your character depends on how much you are willing to spend on in-game micro transactions. Also, do not think of asking for a refund. The company behind the game threatens to blacklist you with their credit processor (meaning that if you they give you a refund, it could very well make it hard/impossible to buy things online). All in all, stay away; this game is very nearly painful to play. If you are a fan of zombie survival games, either play DayZ, an ARMA II mod, or wait until DayZ releases the standalone game. Expand
  29. Dec 18, 2012
    Not much else to do in this game other then die really. Shady support, shady lead developer, shady way of dealing with hackers, everything about this game is shady. On comparison of this game and War Inc., it's nothing more then a slightly re-skinned version of War Inc with some zombies thrown in.
  30. Dec 18, 2012
    I was really hoping for a great game, knew it was in development so I didn't expect much. But what I didn't expect at all was to get F'ed in the A by the worst developers in the history of gaming (Big Rig Truckers anyone?) I highly recommend you do NOT buy this game under any circomstances, even if a criminal is holding you hostage and threatening to prick you with a needle that containsI was really hoping for a great game, knew it was in development so I didn't expect much. But what I didn't expect at all was to get F'ed in the A by the worst developers in the history of gaming (Big Rig Truckers anyone?) I highly recommend you do NOT buy this game under any circomstances, even if a criminal is holding you hostage and threatening to prick you with a needle that contains the aids virus, do NOT get this. Expand
  31. Dec 21, 2012
    Three words: A horrible game. However, I would still give a horrible game a 2 or a 3 for the effort of the devs, but I don't feel like the developers of The War Z even deserve these points. If you ban and insult your very own players because they don't like your game and complain about it on forums, you're doing it wrong. Feedback is the base of every game that excists. Developers thatThree words: A horrible game. However, I would still give a horrible game a 2 or a 3 for the effort of the devs, but I don't feel like the developers of The War Z even deserve these points. If you ban and insult your very own players because they don't like your game and complain about it on forums, you're doing it wrong. Feedback is the base of every game that excists. Developers that didn't listen to its customers useally failed to deliver a decent game and that is exactly what is happening here. Also, I've read a few articles that claim that half of 'The War Z' its content is stolen (The Walking Dead). Anyway: If you really like zombie games, and you really want this game, don't do it: you will be dissapointed and 'Hammerpoint Interactive' don't deserve a single penny. Collapse

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.