1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 4014 Ratings

1. Dec 19, 2012
    The War Z copied most things from their previous Game "The War Inc" they adde only a bigger map and zombies .. They said The War Z was in Devolpment 2 Years ( before DayZ ) that is a lie .

The Screenshots on their Sites are only Concept Arts = so another Lie

The War Z on Facebook begs for likes ..
  2. Dec 19, 2012
    Even if you ignore the fact that the developers of this game lied about its included features to get more sales, even if you ignore the fact that this game is a blatant cash grab (with features such as charging you real money to shorten the 4 hour long respawn timer (yes you read that correctly)), even if you ignore the fact that the game is clearly not finished with mountains of bugs andEven if you ignore the fact that the developers of this game lied about its included features to get more sales, even if you ignore the fact that this game is a blatant cash grab (with features such as charging you real money to shorten the 4 hour long respawn timer (yes you read that correctly)), even if you ignore the fact that the game is clearly not finished with mountains of bugs and a plethora of broken features, even if you ignore the fact that the developers response to criticism is to insult the players in interviews, to delete critical messages in the Steam forums and to force players to agree to terms of service which disallows refunds before you're allowed to play, it's still a terrible game that would not be out of place in the clearance bin at a dollar store. If I gave this game to a friend as a joke gift they would never speak to me again and probably burn my house down for good measure. If when I started the game my pc monitor had exploded and thousands of glass shards had torn my face to pieces, making me blind, deaf and unable to taste anything for the rest of my life, I would still have had a better experience than having to play this interminable game.

Most of my anger at the shoddiness of this game is not directed at the developers though, since they are clearly either educationally subnormal or moderately competent scam artists. Most of my anger is directed at Steam for allowing this shoddy, unfinished game onto their service and taking their 30% cut of the sales. I never thought I would say this, but I cannot see myself purchasing anything through Steam again unless this insult to gamers is removed from their service.

Do not buy this game, you will regret it.
  3. Dec 19, 2012
    this game is crappy, it is really a huge scam don't buy it, just wait for the DayZ standalone, like i am even tho i never played the actual mod if Arma 2 co will be on sale i will get it just for the mod
  4. Dec 19, 2012
    Utter trash, poorly optimized abysmal textures and horrid gameplay. It is nothing put a cheap poorly made cash grab. You have to purchase the game then spend more real world money on items in the in game store. Basic features such as clans support cost extra, the feature list is a complete lie with 90% of the features not being in game at all. This game was thrown together in 3 months toUtter trash, poorly optimized abysmal textures and horrid gameplay. It is nothing put a cheap poorly made cash grab. You have to purchase the game then spend more real world money on items in the in game store. Basic features such as clans support cost extra, the feature list is a complete lie with 90% of the features not being in game at all. This game was thrown together in 3 months to cash in on the popularity of dayz and it shows in every way. Expand
  5. Dec 19, 2012
    Not that my review is necessary, but I would like to say one thing: this developer includes the man who made the video game "Big Rigs". Need I say more? Google it, you'll understand rather quickly.
  6. Dec 19, 2012
    This game represents the epitome of garbage.

I bought this game a couple of weeks ago, as a friend convinced me to do so. It was fun for the first couple hours, I will give it that, as I had yet to run into any hackers, which changed quickly. Yes, hackers are as abundant as they are annoying, especially when you get shot through a wall. Super awesome, that is. Randomly tabs me
    This game represents the epitome of garbage.

Randomly tabs me back to the desktop, dying whilst logging in to a character, dying whilst walking down a small incline, an inescapable logout screen when you want to disconnect that can take anywhere from 10-30 seconds to complete ... which is more than enough time for someone to happen upon you and kill you.

This game is also an Alpha marketed as a finished product, which was then expounded upon by the creator saying that every MMO is never finished. This is a giant cop-out.

Never buy this. Punch your grandparents instead. Or throw a puppy into a woodchipper. Do something. Anything. Just don't buy this game.
  7. Dec 19, 2012
    Bad game. Shameless egotistic developer who thinks he can have his ways and doesn't understand the concept of false advertising at all. Oh and his communication skill sucks balls too.
  8. Dec 19, 2012
    This game was made to take your money, plans to stop dev. after 6 months of release. Proof that admins abuse in game, and spawn items. Unfair ban hammers. This game is nothing like what its advertised as. DO NOT BUY.
  9. Dec 19, 2012
    Worst game of all time, big flat out lies, scamZ. Waiting for another good game to come out... Bought this for more than $30 and it sucks, SAME SH*T AS THE PRE-ALPHA VERSION!!! DON'T BUY THIS GAME!!!
  10. Dec 19, 2012
    it's a money-grabbing scam, trying to ride on DayZ's band wagon.
    There's a lot of things that "look" and "feel" better than DayZ but when it come to game play and partitions, it's boils down to money grabbing.
    it's a money-grabbing scam, trying to ride on DayZ's band wagon.

At first, they had 1 hour respawn for each character, now it's 4 hours with a "button" to respawn via payment. ....4 hours! You can create 5 characters but the 4 hours isn't going to work because some players like to troll by sniping other players for no good reason.

Not worth getting.
  11. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is fraudulent. It is still in Alpha/Beta stages yet it is being sold as if it is fully featured with minimal bugs. If you want to get a refund, the company forces you to sign a TOS agreement that states that no matter what you do or say, you AGREE to not ever getting a refund. So even if they decide to go belly up or ban you for no reason, you can't get any restitution for it.The game is fraudulent. It is still in Alpha/Beta stages yet it is being sold as if it is fully featured with minimal bugs. If you want to get a refund, the company forces you to sign a TOS agreement that states that no matter what you do or say, you AGREE to not ever getting a refund. So even if they decide to go belly up or ban you for no reason, you can't get any restitution for it. Complete crap. AVOID AT ALL COSTS! Expand
  12. Dec 19, 2012
    It is a scam. Search google for "War Z scam". They didn't delivered what was promised. It has only a single map. It has no skills, no clans, boring gameworld.
  13. Dec 19, 2012
    Horrible, horrible game. Its a quick cash in on the success of the Day Z mod. The games severely broken, filled with numerous bugs and glitches and completely populated by hackers and cheaters. Developer support has been terrible. Youre banned from the forums for voicing concerns about the game and game accounts are randomly banned as well. We were promised so many features of the gameHorrible, horrible game. Its a quick cash in on the success of the Day Z mod. The games severely broken, filled with numerous bugs and glitches and completely populated by hackers and cheaters. Developer support has been terrible. Youre banned from the forums for voicing concerns about the game and game accounts are randomly banned as well. We were promised so many features of the game that never arrived. I asked for a refund for the game per the agreement and they just resort to ignoring me. Dont waste your money on this pile of garbage. Expand
  14. Dec 19, 2012
    For a game someone has to pay for, they get surprisingly little anything for their coin here. Besides the obvious issues of it just being a terribly crafted attempt to jump on the zombie survival bandwagon to milk whatever coin there may be left in the market, the game has nothing going for it. It's nothing more then a mod for the, less then average, War Inc. engine. Nothing works quiteFor a game someone has to pay for, they get surprisingly little anything for their coin here. Besides the obvious issues of it just being a terribly crafted attempt to jump on the zombie survival bandwagon to milk whatever coin there may be left in the market, the game has nothing going for it. It's nothing more then a mod for the, less then average, War Inc. engine. Nothing works quite as it was probably intended, bugs such as invisible zombies, getting stuck in places and other wonderful "gameplay elements" are everywhere.
    I don't even feel the "survival" i expect form a zombie survival game, because the zombies that the game does feature are blind and deaf cripples (no offense to people, really) that are unable to detect your presence if you are further away then a meter or two; not to mention they don't really care about players going rambo with their gun, and even if they notice you, you can literally get away with a brisk walk.
    The only "survival" aspect the game offers is contained in the other 49 people on the map -great MMO by the way; 50 people is a lot, honest- since they most likely will shoot you on sight to loot your things. Including the things you had to buy via microtransactions. Which is another sour thing: why are there microtransactions in a game you already paid for? I could at least somewhat understand, if the game was great.
    All in all, the game as such doesn't hold up to it's label, if one has average standarts and expectations for a so called "Zombie Survival MMO" - since neither is there any survival nor any MMO in it and the zombies are just supernumeraries with a zombie skin.

On top of that, the constant lies of the Devs behind this so called game don't help the impression one gets in terms of what this thing is all about. False advertising with false screenshots, promises of features that are not even in sight in the actual game, let alone implemented. Their customer support and PR are very unfriendly and not helpful at all, even to paying customers no less.
  15. Dec 19, 2012
    Do not get this game. It is a bad copy of the DayZ mod. Besides that, it is bugged as hell. The features in advertisements are false. Some of them are not existing. In addition the micro-payment system ist not fair and you should not be charged over and over to fully enjoy the whole content when you already payed 15 bucks for a game.
  16. Dec 19, 2012
    Money whoring, nothing more than money whoring. They told us about a good game, how good it would be in 3-4 patches, how they react to hackers and all that kind of stuff.

Liars. Don't buy that.
  17. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is in a blatantly pre-beta state. The animation looks like a high school student's project from 2006. It is a quick money grab as they have you buy it from steam then after it has gone up to the top they making a ridiculous game changing feature and ask for more money to get around it. This game is Pay to Win at its finest and most of the elements are stolen poorly from Day Z. DOThis game is in a blatantly pre-beta state. The animation looks like a high school student's project from 2006. It is a quick money grab as they have you buy it from steam then after it has gone up to the top they making a ridiculous game changing feature and ask for more money to get around it. This game is Pay to Win at its finest and most of the elements are stolen poorly from Day Z. DO NOT BUY. Expand
  18. Dec 19, 2012
    This is game is good. But its not finished at all and it is full of bugs.
    My point is, for a game in ALPHA development it is going to be good, but release the game at this state is ridiculous.
    The main issue now is: Will the promised features be delivered? This games uses the WAR INC. engine and have its limitations. Features like cars are announced for more than 6 months there and they
    This is game is good. But its not finished at all and it is full of bugs.
    The main issue now is: Will the promised features be delivered?
    This games uses the WAR INC. engine and have its limitations. Features like cars are announced for more than 6 months there and they still were not able to implement on War Z. They said they sold 600k copies on Alpha state, and the difference from Alpha to Open release is: Clans.

There is nothing else released.

Skills, Vehicles, Maps, Bug fixes, construction features, Leaderboards, FRIEND LISTS and many other things were promised and were not delivered.

The dev, Hammerpoint, claims that with an update that was expected to be released this month, the "Foundation Release" was the mark of the release of the game. But that update wasn't released and the game went live even without that.

What a mess. :(
  19. Dec 19, 2012
    "game is shit
  20. Dec 19, 2012
    Payed 60 bucks for alpha access. I can't put a positive spin on this game. I would rather die of stoning, come back as a 2 year-old terminally ill child, then die again. Stay away! IT IS A CASH GRAB! And more importantly, there is absolutely no love put into the game.

Horrible textures, crappy frames, broken game, missing features, etc. Don't get fooled like I did!
  21. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is nothing but a pay to win broken promise game, whats that? you died? alright have a 4 hour res timer or you can pay real money in order to pop back up... no thank you, pay to win games are a mistake and i feel bad for anyone stupid enough to buy into it. People who dislike this game don't dislike it because its a DayZ rip-off they hate it because its pay to win garbage that'sThis game is nothing but a pay to win broken promise game, whats that? you died? alright have a 4 hour res timer or you can pay real money in order to pop back up... no thank you, pay to win games are a mistake and i feel bad for anyone stupid enough to buy into it. People who dislike this game don't dislike it because its a DayZ rip-off they hate it because its pay to win garbage that's full of broken promises. If you want an actual zombie survival MMO buy arma II and get the free DayZ mod or wait until the DayZ standalone is released, ignore this abortion of a game. Expand
  22. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a filthy money grab. The AI is dumb and the animations are terrible, most content ripped from a failed game, hackers are everywhere, most of the map is the same with copy and pasted interiors. Game is slightly laggy on a high end system even though the graphics really aren't anything good. Pay to win, misleading screenshots and information.
  23. Dec 19, 2012
    Developers completely misrepresented the game on their steam page, including false information that would otherwise entice a user to purchase their title, treat their customer's extremely poorly, are using a model similar to a F2P, but in fact I already purchased the game -- I should not be charged for using game functions. You want to charge a monthly fee? Fine, go that route if you thinkDevelopers completely misrepresented the game on their steam page, including false information that would otherwise entice a user to purchase their title, treat their customer's extremely poorly, are using a model similar to a F2P, but in fact I already purchased the game -- I should not be charged for using game functions. You want to charge a monthly fee? Fine, go that route if you think you should be making more money of your **** game. But don't expect me to purchase a game marketed such as it has been, and then charge me extra money on top of what I've already paid in order to play the game.

Not to mention a ToS agreement that is an outright violation of the FTC's fair trade agreement (by agreeing to their ToS you lose your right to a refund).

This is simply a company no one should be doing business with.
  24. Dec 19, 2012
    I bought this game on steam before Valve took it off. Thankfully they are offering a refund for this blatant cash grab game. The majority of it's features are non existent and new features they have added since release are a joke. From 1 hour respawn timer to four hours - but it's not all bad when you can negate that for $.40 each time. Talk about milking the poor saps who bought this game.
  25. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is garbage. Bugs, glitches, hackers, awful graphics (even on ultra), lagg, bad company and dev's which lies all the time. The game is really awful and the developers doesn't deserve anything.
  26. Dec 19, 2012
    Awful scaming scam this game and company is bad and they should feel bad. it was just removed off steam if thats any indcation of just how bad and ugh this makes me so angry
  27. Dec 19, 2012
    This is just a scam. The developers made a poorly working mod of war inc, promised a lot of stuff, took the money and run. I regret buying it every time I see the shortcut in my desktop.
  28. Dec 19, 2012
    Like everyone else said. The advertising for the game is intentionally misleading, and it's obvious the developers are using it as a way to get some quick money. Case in point - In order to respawn after death you must wait 4 hours, or pay real money with a credit card to instantly revive your character. This wouldn't be half as bad if they had just waited to implement it after puttingLike everyone else said. The advertising for the game is intentionally misleading, and it's obvious the developers are using it as a way to get some quick money. Case in point - In order to respawn after death you must wait 4 hours, or pay real money with a credit card to instantly revive your character. This wouldn't be half as bad if they had just waited to implement it after putting in some basic social functionality like a friends list(as was advertised complete when I purchased it, but is mysteriously absent from the game). In fact, the majority of the developers efforts have gone into monetizing. You can also buy weapons and supplies for real money, but there isn't even a skill system(again, advertised as complete) in place to spend the experience you earn from kills. So what is the point of experience, then? It's too bad such shameful business practices ruined what could have been a decent game. Expand
  29. Dec 19, 2012
    The game was hyped up by only lies and false "screenshots" (concept art). The graphics are one of the worst I've ever seen in a game like this. The gameplay is TERRIBLE, as soon as you join a game you can play for 10 minutes and then you will get one-shot-killed and die. The game creator Sergey Titov claims they have a 100% accurate anti-cheat system, when they really don't have any atThe game was hyped up by only lies and false "screenshots" (concept art). The graphics are one of the worst I've ever seen in a game like this. The gameplay is TERRIBLE, as soon as you join a game you can play for 10 minutes and then you will get one-shot-killed and die. The game creator Sergey Titov claims they have a 100% accurate anti-cheat system, when they really don't have any at all.
    This game is just made to make quick and easy money. DayZ the ArmA II mod got really popular and bam, from nowhere this "WarZ" (not copying the name at all no, no) claims they had this game in development LONG before DayZ was released. Not only that, but all their information, company and everything was made when DayZ got popular. They can not prove anything they state and just decides to ban people who criticize their "game".

This game is not even a game. It's a remake of Sergey's earlier F2P game War Inc. WarZ has the same ugly exact motor as in War Inc. and the game is just broken. The AI sucks really hard too and I don't find this game enjoyable at all, hoped I've never bought this piece of crap. I'd rather **** on my money then throw it away.
  30. Dec 19, 2012
    This is quite possibly the WORST game EVER. This game is nothing more than a cash cow rushed out by an idiotic dev team to try and quickly make money and then be left alone to rot. What ever you do DON'T BUY THIS GAME! Bad Rats use to be know as the worst game ever but after this thing was released id rather spend $60 on Bad Rats then look at this piece of garbage again.

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.