1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 4014 Ratings

1. May 14, 2013
    bad game! looks like it's a copy job of dayz.
    they also have a lot of hackers and ban legit players.
    their support is extreme slow, if they respond at all
  2. May 30, 2013
    Going to the website of this game makes the game look amazing. But it's all a lie, none of the screenshots shown are actually of the game, the game actually looks terrible, with awkward character movements and glitchy zombies, this game has nothing good going on.

You start the game with a flashlight and some chips and stuff, so a basic melee weapon and energy/food, seems like a good start. But after you get killed by the spawn camper you have to wait hours to re-spawn. And then you don't get your flashlight and chips, you start with nothing.

So after the first few rounds of starting with nothing and then getting killed by campers or hackers, (most of the time you don't even get killed by zombies) you get really bored and really mad and quit the game.

Pros and Cons:

Pros:
    1: The occasional thrill of sneaking past zombies and actually finding something (but it is always ruined by someone who comes in out of nowhere and kills you)
    2: Uninstalling the game, that's the best part.

Cons:
    1: Glitchy zombies
    2: Suddenly getting killed by walking off of a rock less than a foot off the ground
    3: False advertizing.
    4: invisible walls
    5: 3 different zombie skins.
    6: "customizing" your character isn't customizing when you have 4 options to choose from

That's all I have time for, because it would take weeks to write down all the problems with this game.

I definitely wouldn't recommend this game to anyone.
  3. KD3
    May 31, 2013
    This is literally the worst game I have ever played. Do not buy this. Do not even look at it. It is extremely buggy and is full of hackers. The graphics are terrible and the textures will make you want to vomit. Overall a horrifyingly bad game. Stay well away from this one.
  4. Feb 12, 2013
    This is a parody of a game, nothing more. They betray the Gamers. Graphically dated, but still coherent. A bug hell, where is almost nothing except then cheater and kill players. Its boring to explore the only map. The game is not finished and untrustworthy behavior. It plays like an alpha. If you buy it through Steam, you can get a refund. Better wait for Day Z.
  5. Dec 23, 2012
    whats wrong with this game you ask, everything zombies are overpowered, the game is not finished, the person behind big rigs over the road racing made this, melee is broken, guns are almost impossible to find, there is not penalty for killing everyone, 4 hour re spawn times, in game items for cash, items go away after being killed,
  6. Feb 23, 2013
    Some people try to prove that this game is good, because they got wallet raped and they don't want to admit the mistake they have done. If you want to buy the game clearly check TotalBiscuit game play and check reviews of the game before buying it. The textures are ugly and so on. Unfinished game and for those that saying that the game is in alpha/beta The Game Is Already Charging Money!Some people try to prove that this game is good, because they got wallet raped and they don't want to admit the mistake they have done. If you want to buy the game clearly check TotalBiscuit game play and check reviews of the game before buying it. The textures are ugly and so on. Unfinished game and for those that saying that the game is in alpha/beta The Game Is Already Charging Money! Hell even you pay items that you can lose in few seconds. And for those stating that the game was in development 1/2/3 years, they are right because they already were working on a previous game called war inc that is f2p and a copy paste just without zombies. Terrible game, even devs ban people for scaring hackers away. Better get skyrim or something else for your money than this "game". Expand
  7. Feb 20, 2013
    really bad, blocky textures, rip off of dayz, the devs are a bunch of idiots. Do not purchase this game. Many features listed on Steam are completely missing. The price was reduced to less than $15 in order to squeeze as much money from the game before it dies. I repeat: do not purchase this game, you will not get what you think you are getting. Just look at the War Z forums to see the problems.
  8. Dec 29, 2012
    Worst game ever in the history of games. Worst game developers that have ever existed. The developers need to learn how to respect the customers and stop being arrogant losers. I read a couple interviews with the main dev guy Sergei something and he was the biggest douche ever. I am shocked that this game still exists. This game should be banned from ever coming into existence and theWorst game ever in the history of games. Worst game developers that have ever existed. The developers need to learn how to respect the customers and stop being arrogant losers. I read a couple interviews with the main dev guy Sergei something and he was the biggest douche ever. I am shocked that this game still exists. This game should be banned from ever coming into existence and the developers should learn how to respect the paying customer. I am appalled and never will buy this garbage game after seeing my room mate boot it up for the first time. What a piece of crap. Expand
  9. Feb 12, 2013
    Purchased on steam, tried and got killed 11 seconds in the game by spawn point campers. Tried another server got fragged down 23 seconds after by a flying player. Tried to say on the forums that the game seems honestly an alpha not even a beta, with cheaters all over, got banned from forums for trolling and bad mouthing the game. Want a good game? Wait for the Day z to be released or playPurchased on steam, tried and got killed 11 seconds in the game by spawn point campers. Tried another server got fragged down 23 seconds after by a flying player. Tried to say on the forums that the game seems honestly an alpha not even a beta, with cheaters all over, got banned from forums for trolling and bad mouthing the game. Want a good game? Wait for the Day z to be released or play the arma 2 mod, a lot better and enjoyable (and btw The War z was totally a rip off from that mod) Expand
  10. Feb 21, 2013
    Is hard to believe you have to pay for a game that is been realise in pre-alpha version, where hacker are the only ones that keep playing (or wasting time) on a broken game. Too many promises, bugs, miss features, that haven been lie or forgotten. The idea of the game is good, but the dream becomes a nightmare.
  11. Dec 19, 2012
    Don't buy this game, this is the biggest scam ever made, a cheap ripoff from DayZ and a huge cash grab with P2W.
    The devs shows no respect for the community and censor anyone who criticizes their game but they can't censor here.
    I have tested it and it was an absolute disaster, don't think i bought this on Steam because i didn't and i never will. Anyone wants to be famous like DayZ,

Anyone wants to be famous like DayZ, but that's something hard to accomplish, especially when you want people to pay for weapons, fast re-spawn and other things.
  12. Dec 19, 2012
    Dear Sirs and Ladies,

I am just a normal customer, so you could say, and I have purchased this game knowing that it would be in the state of an Alpha Phase. This was alright, because I thought I could trust my money and time to these new developers. I played, experienced and had my fun. There were many suggestions to be looked at, a truly colourful future to be had! I kept looking
    Dear Sirs and Ladies,

I kept looking and looking and did not find the weaponary or things that I would expect in the game, no problem I told myself. I could simply suggest it. An Archery range, bows, even fencing kevlar armor. Wouldn't that be fun I thought? That was a few weeks, maybe three ago. Because I was playing with friends, I decided to take a break after the wipe of characters, just fine.

Now I return, I see a gaming community in uproar, in outmost rage. I cannot help but to frown.. Something went wrong. I can see it shimmering in the distance, oh golden seduction. It is a rain of money upon the developers, blinding them from what is truly important.

The customers feel left alone in the dark, an apocalypse on their very game they wanted to love. Zombies, not in ragged clothes, but in business suits are gnawing on it's structure. This game, even if steam is slow, has been released within the blink of an eye as it seems.

This game, it was fun. I could run around, hacking, bashing, slashing through zombie hordes as if it was nothing, weird. My stomach would hurt.. Medicine would help, I mean who cares if the stomach shrinks down to the size of a peanut as long as you have antibiotics!..

Zombies that would follow me mindlessly, stacking on one another. Truly an amusing sight. And so easy to bash away too, with just an invincible, unwreckable hammer or even flashlight that would never break!

Water, there was plenty for some reason unknown to me. And binoculars? Of course! I had hundreds, so much to see!

...

My dear Developers,

What have you done? How could you? How dare you? Is nothing holy for you anymore?

These promises! Where are they? This is as if a bad joke just unfolded. The fooled ones are however those who actually wanted to support you!

I hope you have a merry christmas. Because I know what will land in my trash bin.

I am sorry game. But your makers have defiled you.

The game community cannot trust you anymore, dear developers and investors.

This is the undoing of a game that turned out to be a sad christmas story..

I hope you will be happy with the shiny things these people have given you to ruin this game.

Yours sincerely,

Edhmelus "L." Tharsonus.
  13. Jan 20, 2013
    I couldn't wait. I loved DayZ. This game dissapointed. It was a buggy rundown mess. I come to video games for fun. Not for a chore, this is a chore %99 **** %1 a bit of fun gameplay when it works. There is so many glitches, sometimes I can't see myself, enemys, other players, my weapon, the trees, the floor or everything. Sometimes zombies fly across like "SUPER PROJECTILE INCOMING"I couldn't wait. I loved DayZ. This game dissapointed. It was a buggy rundown mess. I come to video games for fun. Not for a chore, this is a chore %99 **** %1 a bit of fun gameplay when it works. There is so many glitches, sometimes I can't see myself, enemys, other players, my weapon, the trees, the floor or everything. Sometimes zombies fly across like "SUPER PROJECTILE INCOMING" sometimes I do that, sometimes the trees. Sometimes zombies look like humans, or trees like the floor, yeah you get the pattern here. I could press a button to pick something up and my character crouches. Then I do it again and I press the same button, and I pick it up -_-. Bad controls, lots of glitches, boring gameplay and a obviously rushed and made for money and to gain popularity. This earns 1/10, simply because there was that %1 of the game which lasted about 5 minutes where it worked. Expand
  14. Dec 19, 2012
    Purchased this game as well and within 5 hours, I was banned. Not for cheating in the game, but for stating my dislike on the steam community hub. I was banned. From the game. For saying something on the forums. So I'm currently seeking a refund with steam. What time I did get in was far from pleasant. It was laggy, had constant framerate drops [even at lowest settings, and I can play mostPurchased this game as well and within 5 hours, I was banned. Not for cheating in the game, but for stating my dislike on the steam community hub. I was banned. From the game. For saying something on the forums. So I'm currently seeking a refund with steam. What time I did get in was far from pleasant. It was laggy, had constant framerate drops [even at lowest settings, and I can play most modern day games just fine near max], the zombies are few and far between. Nearly all the features they promised were not in. I was scammed like thousands of others and tricked into playing this shoddy ripoff of Day Z. But to be honest, what else can you expect from the people that made the worst game in history ..Big Rigs. Expand
  15. Dec 18, 2012
    Not only is this game pushed to a Steam release despite being bad and unfinished, the developers have been becoming notorious for being dishonest about claims as well as going back on their word.

They said the game wouldn't ever be "pay to win", however their in game store sells ammo and weapon attachments and wants you to pay for clans with player amounts over 20. Their sales page has doctored screenshots showing things like drive-able vehicles which are in fact not in the game yet. They also recently changed the player respawn time after death from 1 hour to 4 hours, and within the same patch added "early respawn" if you pay real money.

This is basically a crappy Zygna-esque Facebook game that is wrapped up like a PC game.
  16. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a blatant grab for cash. 4 hour respawns with a pay to respawn feature. There may be a good game hiding in there somewhere, but until this blatant money grabbing attitude displayed by the developers disappears, steer clear. The game is advertised as a full release, but there are key items (maps, character skills) still yet to make an appearance. Avoid at all costs.
  17. Dec 19, 2012
    This game was made by scam artist criminals. I bought this game and shortly after requested a refund on PayPal after realizing how utter terrible it was in every way. I lost my money and the devs banned my game account for trying to refund. FRAUDSTERS!
  18. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is full of bugs and doesn't deliver the promised content. If it was an Alpha then it would be understandable but when they are asking us $15 at Steam for it current content (not to mention false advertising) then I can only give it a 1 in 10. The worst $15 I have ever spent.
  19. Dec 26, 2012
    The War Z is one of the biggest failures in gaming history. There is ZERO REDEEMING QUALITIES about this hunk of garbage, not to even mention the poor support from Hammerstein Studios. The company has literally been caught lying and cheating the public and now faces criminal prosecution from the American government. Syrup or jelly Sergey?
  20. Dec 18, 2012
    Game is one step short of extortion...built solely to lure people in with hype and suck their wallets dry with micro-transactions for items you lose the second you die...or to revive your character before the FOUR HOUR downtime if your character is killed. Game looks completely unfinished and plays like a bad joke. Sound and texture are both below previous CONSOLE levels (meaning the PS2Game is one step short of extortion...built solely to lure people in with hype and suck their wallets dry with micro-transactions for items you lose the second you die...or to revive your character before the FOUR HOUR downtime if your character is killed. Game looks completely unfinished and plays like a bad joke. Sound and texture are both below previous CONSOLE levels (meaning the PS2 had better looking and better sounding games than WarZ turned out to be). Just really, really bad. Spend the $15 somewhere else...this will quickly fall into the shadowy realm of forgotten Steam games...unfortunately, your money will never come back.

Finally, DO NOT support game developers that do not respect you. This game is a blatant show of disrespect to all gamers unfortunate enough to purchase it. It is a slap right in the face. DON'T support people like that. Find the true indy game developers out there trying to make a good game that people will ENJOY...not just something that will line their pockets...and support them instead.
  21. Dec 18, 2012
    1 point for having a go at making a game.

Its not a MMO, or a Zombie Survival Game. But really a PvP game (and not a good one at that). Very little has been implemented. Hackers are everywhere. Barely even an Alpha (no where near a beta standard). Forums were hacked with NO backups made previously. The community lost a lot of very useful information for new players, that many
    1 point for having a go at making a game.

Very little has been implemented. Hackers are everywhere.

Barely even an Alpha (no where near a beta standard).
    Forums were hacked with NO backups made previously. The community lost a lot of very useful information for new players, that many people had put hours and hours of effort in to make.

If you say the wrong thing you will be banned from the game forums. Abusive dev team (one guy in particular).

There is a chance that major rework of most of the game could make it somewhere near what was advertised, and what many of us bought the game for.
    But the recent actions by the developers are pushing further and further away from this.

Better off to buy an ice cream. More enjoyment for a longer period.

If you are still not sure....go watch some game play videos (don't look at images as they are doctored to look better), read the steam and game forums.
  22. Dec 18, 2012
    Piss poor Zombie AI
    No survival aspects
    Pay-to-win
    Shoddy, unprofessional company
    Forums are more censored than North Korean media
    Terrible gameplay
    Terrible visuals
    FOV gave me motion sickness.
    Choppy combat and movement

Your game is bad and you should feel bad.
  23. Dec 19, 2012
    Ok, so got this on the steam sale. I am an experienced gamer. developer and Software tester. From my first tests to my last. This has been an horrifying experience. This is by far the worst title I have looked at in 2012. Nothing more than a money making scam on a broken game.
  24. Dec 19, 2012
    Biggest scam ever on Steam, they sell an alpha and the store page talk about features not available yet.
    Maybe in 1 year of development this will get somewhere but do not buy it now.
  25. Dec 18, 2012
    Meecrob. That's the only world that properly describes this game. Most people are already aware how much of a terrible rip-off this game is, as it does not deliver on any of it's promises.
  26. Dec 18, 2012
    Poorly made rip off of Dayz. Most stated features are broken on non-existent. the single map is maybe 100 km, there are no private servers. even setting up a clan costs real money. The screen shots on steam are staged, there are no zombie hordes only a few here and there with no AI, This game was just a quick mod to the War inc engine to cash in on the popularity of Dayz, the game wasPoorly made rip off of Dayz. Most stated features are broken on non-existent. the single map is maybe 100 km, there are no private servers. even setting up a clan costs real money. The screen shots on steam are staged, there are no zombie hordes only a few here and there with no AI, This game was just a quick mod to the War inc engine to cash in on the popularity of Dayz, the game was rushed and it shows. There is really no point to playing this game, as a result all players have nothing left to do but sit around and camp waiting for someone to walk by so they can shoot them. I don't think this development company could make the game they say they wanted to make (which was just a laundry list of Dayz features). They seem very unprofessional and maybe a little shady. You are better off waiting for Dayz standalone or if you can't wait buy the Arma 2 pack off steam and get the Dayz mod for it. There will be a lot of fanboiz posting on here giving it 10/10, but this game is garbage and will not likely improve. Expand
  27. Dec 18, 2012
    If you are going to blatantly rip off a competitors title, at least do it right. Graphics are horrid, gameplay is broken and there is no intentions of fixing any of this other than broken promises. Hammerpoint Interactive had a failed title called War Inc. The game was doing terrible because the developers behind the game where terrible at their job. Dayz comes onto the scene and blows theIf you are going to blatantly rip off a competitors title, at least do it right. Graphics are horrid, gameplay is broken and there is no intentions of fixing any of this other than broken promises. Hammerpoint Interactive had a failed title called War Inc. The game was doing terrible because the developers behind the game where terrible at their job. Dayz comes onto the scene and blows the doors off. Hammerpoint see's an opportunity and reskins their game (War Inc.) and throws it out there as a zombie survival game. Same awful graphics, gameplay, bugs, hackers, etc as War inc.

War Inc. was a Free 2 Play game. With The War Z they slapped a sticker price to the game as well as keeping the existing cash shop from War Inc. in the game as a way to grow revenue. They knew that DayZ was hot and that if they copied Dayz that people would pay money to play their game. There was no reason to go Free 2 Play in order to attract a crowd, Dayz had already created it!

Their cash grab technique, lies about in game feature and their lies about the game being in development for 3 years is just utter ****

People naive enough to buy their game and report bugs in the forums got banned. Players trying to play legit got hacked on by devs and their friends who would use developer tools to spawn in items.

This game just stinks of ****
  28. Dec 18, 2012
    The game is a rushed DayZ ripoff, that promised more and delivered less. Also Its pretty lame that the lead dev started a post in the WarZ forums for players to come on here and rate the game. That's how I got here.
  29. Dec 18, 2012
    One of the biggest lies in history of games. A re-skinned game from the producers of Big Rig Racing (the worst game in human history - search). It is based on popular name (DayZ) and tries to milk in as much cash as possible until people figure it out. It is unfinished, has fake screenshots, fake movies, similar name for confusion, copy-pasted ToS from League of Legends, censored forums,One of the biggest lies in history of games. A re-skinned game from the producers of Big Rig Racing (the worst game in human history - search). It is based on popular name (DayZ) and tries to milk in as much cash as possible until people figure it out. It is unfinished, has fake screenshots, fake movies, similar name for confusion, copy-pasted ToS from League of Legends, censored forums, no refunds policy (illegal), random bans ingame, forces people to give high ratings on metacritic (that's why the max positive ones). Changed prices (lowered them so old users from alpha are screwed and have nothing extra), uses real money for everything ingame (respawn even!), has only 1 map and that is plain boring with nothing on it. This is not about the money anymore. Please don't spend even one cent and spread word so people don't fall into a trap like this and make PC gaming industry a cleaner one. Don't encourage this type of behavior if you want better games in future. Expand
  30. Dec 18, 2012
    There is something truly evil about a video game developer that lies to people and spits in the face of it's community. From the start they were deceitful claiming they had the idea for a zombie survival game before DayZ...yeah that's like me saying I had the Idea for a zombie game when I was 10. Noone cares until someone comes along and does it. DayZ did it first, and did it best. ThisThere is something truly evil about a video game developer that lies to people and spits in the face of it's community. From the start they were deceitful claiming they had the idea for a zombie survival game before DayZ...yeah that's like me saying I had the Idea for a zombie game when I was 10. Noone cares until someone comes along and does it. DayZ did it first, and did it best. This game WarZ, well I don't call it a game, it's more of a scam actually. So this scam that is the WarZ has basically tried to twist people into believing they have been developing the game for a few years. The truth is they had developed a rather crappy game called War Inc a few years ago, and when DayZ became popular they thought that they could cash in on the zombie survival phenomenon using their already existing engine. So by them stating the game was in development for years is basically them saying they had the engine done years ago and insulting anyone with a brain because it's easy to see this is just the same engine War Inc runs on....with zombies thrown in and the map stretched out with a bit of poor coding. I would guess the game has actually only been in development from about 6 months before this initial release. After playing the alpha it was clear they had made this mess of a game with the intent to rush it out as quickly as possible and to take as much money from people as quickly as possible. With the whole micro transaction one of the "key features" more implemented than actual zombie coding and bug fixes. Plus the whole idea of micro transactions defeats the purpose of a zombie survival game. How stupid is it to be able to buy things to help you survive an apocalypse before you even jump into it? And then if you die while carrying those items oh too bad you gotta go buy some more. It's easy to deduce very quickly this is a scam for your cash rather than a game developed for the love of the game.

Maybe they should actually try and fix the giant amount of bugs in the game one of the main bugs being zombies still horribly coded. Some zombies still stand there doing nothing and some with kill you from 2 meters away. And you can't kill them without aiming for their heads so you can sit there hitting them 1000 times with a baseball bat having no effect. Besides why would you risk engaging a zombie with melee when they can seriously kill you in just a couple of their invisible strike attacks? To make matters worth the game is over run with more hackers than DayZ ever had, as the game is aimed at children and we all know children love to use hacks because the youth in today's society has no skill when it comes to playing video games.

The game is now released on steam and is pretty much lacking 90% of teh features they have promised. They promised 100 player servers...so far this is just half that. They said 200km of open world yet the map is maybe 70km at best and seems more like a long stretch of road than a true open world. There are no private servers. No hardcore mode and numerous promised features that will be along way off being implemented. It's more like they have "ideas" which they think they can make into the game but are really pulling straws trying to actually implement them into the game design.

The worst part is their customer support. Anyone with anything bad to say on the forum is banned. Anyone who they just dislike on the game regarding behaviour or if they just think you are hacking or even if they think your name is offensive...they ban you. No reasoning. No mercy. They quickly try and ban as many people they can thinking you will go and buy another copy to give them more money. This has done more damage than they realise since the testimony of the community who have actually given this company their hard earn dollars has been mostly negative with the few fanboys who try to cling onto what is the biggest pile of crap in gaming of 2012. Do yourself a favour and go play the DayZ mod. And when the full standalone of DayZ is released you will never ever look back at this trash of a game that will never be DayZ as you can't really compare Gold with a Brown piece of turd can you?
  31. Dec 18, 2012
    lies all over the place. first they said, its gonna be free2play. now you have to pay for a beta...
    they have a super great ingameitemshop, with items you loose after you die. great thing to waste real money on items and get killed 5 seconds after you join a server.
    they promised 100 people on the server, but the cap is on 50... they promised own rental stronghold servers... "soon"

but 9 points for the female playermodels with big boobs. -8 for not beeing able to see them in-game...

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.