1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 3983 Ratings

1. Dec 18, 2012
    This is not a legit game. This is a very good attempt at scam. I regret buying this game every time i see its name. Screenshots are nothing like game. Bad business decisions- selling non working mod with micro transactions for 15bucks, also selling game before for 25$ and saying its cheaper than realise price which is obviously not
  2. Dec 18, 2012
    This is an obviously unfinished product marketed as a complete game. The developers changed the Steam store page after a huge influx of complaints. Poor game play on a horrific engine. The best thing I can say is that the ambient sounds are okay.
  3. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is a poorly done imitation of other Zombie survival games. It lacks originality and direction and gives the appearance of being out for a fast buck. I am surprised that steam would even offer a game like this
  4. Dec 27, 2012
    worst beta ever broken promises and add more grass! pls more grass and broken promises, pls grass! /GRASS! GRASS!/GRASS! GRASS!/GRASS! GRASS!/GRASS! GRASS!/GRASS! GRASS!/GRASS! GRASS!/GRASS! GRASS!/GRASS! GRASS!/GRASS! GRASS!/GRASS! GRASS!/GRASS! GRASS!/GRASS! GRASS!
  5. Dec 18, 2012
    This game had so much potential, but the greed of the developers is really something to behold.

Not happy with failing to deliver on the promises made to the game community, they decided to ignore all feedback, put the game onto steam before its anywhere near ready, and then try and milk money from the players by enforcing a pay to win system.

Want to revive your dead character
    quicker than 4 hours? PAY!

Want to play without getting killed on sight? PPPAAAYYY!!!

Want to be able to enjoy the game you were promise? PPPPPAAAAAA... Oh wait, that's right, That thing was a lie!

Don't waste your money, until this developer gives the people who bought it what was promised!
  6. Dec 18, 2012
    Horrible game. It is ridden with bugs and runs like **** on even great computers. Avoid this game at all costs and just wait for DayZ standalone to come out.
  7. Dec 18, 2012
    Horrible badly designed game. A blatant rip off of DayZ, and not even a very good one. Makes you pay for the alhpa, and then still has a real money cash shop. Filled with hackers and bugs, not worth the money. Check out Totalbiscuits video on it to see just how bad it is.
  8. Dec 19, 2012
    Jesus christ this game is an utter train wreck, the devs cannot do anything to win me over. Their games steam page is one big **** lie and it doesnt appear that they will rectify it. 0/10
  9. Dec 18, 2012
    False advertising galore. Feature list not in game. Pre-Steam mention of no charge for basic feature then they put charge in for clan slots and now increase death time from 1 to 4 hours unless you spend micro-transaction to revive.

Stay away for at least end of January until their features might be out and if they do a 180 with their business practice, otherwise stay the hell away
    from that game.

It has a lot of potential but they totally disregard their community and ban you if you speak against them, try to get you blacklisted on the forum, ban you if you bring up the hacking issue whether on their forum or on Steam.

Total dictatorship money grabbing pigs. Hope they learn and evolved. Will let you know if they do. I'm especially frustrated because the game has potential but this is the worse company so far I've seen with borderline illegal commercial practices.

I'm so pissed at them since I've met some great people in the game but I don't trust them so I have to speak against them until they change their practices.
  10. Dec 18, 2012
    The idea of the game is good. But overall, With the current developers this game is doomed. They do nothing but create more ways for them to make money. They have a HUGE hacking problem and they fail to address us about it. Every time ANY criticizes them they ban their account. This company needs to stand trial for what they have done. They false advertised the game for what it will never be. NOTHING BUT A BIG SCAM. To all who have bought into this, stop playing.. Expand
  11. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is terrible. They advertise one thing, but what you get is something else. It is a game made out of lies by the developers. It is a poor mod of War INC. Do NOT buy this game. It is nothing more than a hasty put together, with new skins and a new map. Basically WAR INC with zombies. Just to ride the hype of DayZ and earn a quick buck. The developers lie to you, and what they have promised you will get in the game. Will never happen. Stay away from WarZ Expand
  12. Dec 18, 2012
    Game has a long list of features, none of which are in the game. The game developer's history shows their policy of releasing a game, collecting all the initial surge of money at release and dropping support for the game. No reasonable person would expect this game ever to have any of the features on their features list.

Developer regularly lies, makes up statistics, and does whatever
    it can to help further it's fraudulent activities to scam gamers out of money. This is a company you need to stay far, far away from.

Anyone interested in this game please be advised, anything you see in screenshots or in writing from them is NOT IN THE GAME THEY ARE SELLING.
  13. Dec 18, 2012
    First of all, do not trust the images youve seen. They are not real. No cars, no npc but zombies... No PvE servers... nice landscapes but thats all. Never played dayZ btw.

Seriously, dont buy this game
  14. Dec 18, 2012
    It's really disappointing. I for one feel super crappy because I had recommended it to so many friends. The huge lack of community involvement is certainly a concerning issue by itself. The game really has soo many things going against it. Another HUGE issue - They NEVER EVER test the patches before implementing them. If they tell you they do, they're lying!
  15. Dec 19, 2012
    Originally a pioneer player here. I Asked for a refund from their forums and was banned for doing so. Xsolla would not originally grant me my refund ( even though it was within 30 days) after talking to American Express CC that problem was fixed, although I could never log in to the forums or the game again. They simply want your money. 4 hours re-spawn time unless you pay 50GC? FAIL.
    Many reports of hackers, botters, etc from clan mates. Money grubbing title to be sure.
  16. Dec 18, 2012
    Followed this game closely once it was announced, and eagerly bought into the "alpha" program. It was fun at first, mainly because I had never played anything like this. Then the terrible forum moderators prevented any form of criticism on the game by banning individuals with new suggestions. Heck, I logged into the forums from work on my laptop and a mod gave me hell because I was using different IP addresses, give me a break. "New anti-hack" methods were nothing but bait items scattered around the map that innocent players CAN pick up and therefore be banned with. Devs handing out EXCLUSIVE items to friends on LIVE servers. The lack of any form of professionalism is staggering. I really thought it had hit a low point, but then last night the steam page came up with the biggest amount of misinformation I had seen in quite some time.

Don't get me wrong, the game had tons of promise, but it wasn't in production for 2 years. It copied League of Legends EULA (professionalism much?). The direction of the game is to make as many money making schemes as they can and insert them into the game (pay for clan support? Faster respawn?) is becoming more and more obvious. Save your hard earned money and spend it on a quality indie game. Not something that claims to be a finished product when it is clearly still alpha quality.
  17. Dec 18, 2012
    Game is a good game, it is the developers and the mods who make this a negative review, the game itself has long list of things "promised" just like we were promised "this game is not pay-to-win" but what do you know??? the game has just become pay-to-win...
    also, all those unlegit bans? their "100% hack detector" ran by humans... humans get lazy and can sometimes rush through things just
    to get done... Expand
  18. Dec 18, 2012
    this game is **** full of hackers and bugs. and the most important fact is the company and the boss of it are lyers asholes and only want to betray you for your money
  19. Dec 18, 2012
    This game was somewhat fun a first when you could live more than 10 minutes before someone with a gun came and killed you. How they managed to screw this game up with a role model like dayz out there i don't know. I might enjoy it more if i can live for a few minutes to test the AI and loot.
  20. Dec 18, 2012
    The game devs do not care about their player base and only want to make money. They are turning the game into a pay to win game on top of that. The game is being designed so that there is only one style of play - Hunter/Killer KoS - and anyone attempting to play the game in any other fashion will simply just not have a good time. Sorry, but any game that only allows one style of play is just a bad game in general. I had so much hope for this game, but my ENTIRE CLAN just UNANIMOUSLY agreed to quit the game. Expand
  21. Dec 18, 2012
    terrible and glitchy, clearly not finished, i regret buying this, everyone else has stated my problems with the game, so i will keep this short. just don't get it, this game is as bad as superman 64!
  22. Dec 18, 2012
    I didn't think it was possible for anyone, let alone game developers, to spew out more lies and empty promises than a politician! The game is apparently in it's "foundation release" and yet looks no more complete than it's initial Alpha release. I would not recommend this game to ANYONE and I actually am disappointed in myself for falling for such a money-grabbing scam
  23. Dec 18, 2012
    Quick Review of this Company:

1. Does not listen to community at all.
    2. Told early adopters they would pay lowest price then cut the price in half.
    3. Is now Pay to Play after todays update.
    4. Promised private servers first, now not coming till next year.

The biggest problem.....
    HACKERS GALORE

Do not buy simple as that. Wait for DayZ Standalone or some other solution.
  24. Dec 18, 2012
    The game is a rushed DayZ ripoff, that promised more and delivered less. Also Its pretty lame that the lead dev started a post in the WarZ forums for players to come on here and rate the game. That's how I got here.
  25. Dec 18, 2012
    Been playing this game since Oct. 16th (couldn't get it to run on the 15th).

I've never played DayZ, but i had heard of it from time to time.

Basically, this game feels like a money grab, they skipped through alpha & beta to release on steam, the only thing that really updates in the game is the map, everything else is static, or ported directly from War Inc. (clans exactly same as
    in War Inc, and I am assuming friends/skills will be same as well)

It is impossible to get refunds from these people, XSOLLA, their initial payment system, says to contact WarZ Support, WarZ Support says they don't handle refunds and to contact XSOLLA (who have disappeared, oddly enough (and they say they are in Russia and US consumer laws don't apply to them).
    Bottom Line:
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!!
  26. Dec 18, 2012
    Hammerpoint Studios ruins this game, and mars the entire genre of survival horror with this cheap rip-off of DayZ. Whether it's by spawning special items for a select few they call friends, or by falsely advertising their game on Steam in order to generate sales, any good about this game is over-shadowed by the company that created The War Z.

I don't expect you to take me at my word,
    would you read a review that had nothing good to say about a game? Instead, I'll link you to articles written by Gamespy, Kotaku, and Destructoid that call out the producer of this game---Sergey Titov---and do it in a better way than I ever could.

Gamespy Interview with Sergey Titov: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html

Kotaku Interview: http://kotaku.com/5969504/fans-rage-over-war-zs-misleading-steam-description-but-devs-say-93-of-our-customers-like-the-game?tag=pc

Destructoid Interview: http://www.destructoid.com/the-war-z-launches-on-steam-amid-accusations-of-fraud-240814.phtml

However you feel about the gameplay, I find it clunky, laggy, and cheap(I mean, how do I lose half of my health while WALKING down a hill?), there is no way you can justify the actions of Hammerpoint Studios.

This game is very clearly being advertised as a finished product when it is anything but. It copies everything from the studios previous game, War Inc, and does absolutely nothing new while claiming that it does.

Buyer beware. Don't waste your money on this travesty of a game.
  27. Dec 18, 2012
    Piss poor Zombie AI
    No survival aspects
    Pay-to-win
    Shoddy, unprofessional company
    Forums are more censored than North Korean media
    Terrible gameplay
    Terrible visuals
    FOV gave me motion sickness.
    Choppy combat and movement

Your game is bad and you should feel bad.
  28. Dec 18, 2012
    Oh boy where do I start... I'll keep this short and simple, the developers of this game deserve to be thrown in jail for the amount of false advertising they are putting up for this game, STEAM should be ashamed for not doing any research whatsoever on the games they put up for sale, last thing I want to say is even without all the false advertising, broken promises, horrible developers this game is awful, the game is horribly boring, runs awful on any pc, looks like something from 2003, hackers are everywhere with no anti-cheat as far as I can tell, awful pay2win marketplace.

I look for the developers to cash out and close up shop as soon as they can, maybe couple months? Won't take long because the word is out just how bad this game is.
  29. Dec 18, 2012
    Haven't purchased the game yet, but I went to browse to their official forums to try and achieve my own opinion on the game since there seems to be a massive influx of negative press lately. Upon clicking on a random thread under General (this was the third topic I was about to view; had only been on the forum for 5 minutes), I received a redirect to a page with a message informing me I was IP banned.

This certainly helped me form an opinion of the product, and helps to solidify my view on all the claims of people being unjustly banned, threatened with bans, et cetera. It is hard for me to give this product anything higher than a 0 if I was banned within 5 minutes of just browsing their forums. Damage control at its worst.
  30. Dec 18, 2012
    Awful developers, never release what they promise, extremely shady. Do not buy The game is terrible, its pay to win and the items you buy can go away so quickly.
  31. Dec 23, 2012
    Worthless trash. I'm not even going to list the issues, the blaringly large % of negative reviews here on Metacritic is already a solid warning that you should not buy this game. Save yourself the dreaded feeling of "oh snap, I just wasted $20" and go and buy yourself a kebab and a coke, you will be MUCH more satisified.
  32. Dec 18, 2012
    If you really like Pay 2 Win games, THIS IS THE TITLE FOR YOU! Every aspect of this game has been carefully crafted to maximize profits and for a low price you can experience it for yourself! This "foundation" release is superior to all other games when it comes to min-maxing profits so don't miss your chance to buy it today before the shell company that produced it vanishes into thin air.
  33. Dec 18, 2012
    Trash game is trash. I feel sorry for anyone else that has paid for this game. I'm doing all I can for a refund. I have felt robbed since day one. I have learned from my mistakes.
  34. Dec 18, 2012
    Game is one step short of extortion...built solely to lure people in with hype and suck their wallets dry with micro-transactions for items you lose the second you die...or to revive your character before the FOUR HOUR downtime if your character is killed. Game looks completely unfinished and plays like a bad joke. Sound and texture are both below previous CONSOLE levels (meaning the PS2 had better looking and better sounding games than WarZ turned out to be). Just really, really bad. Spend the $15 somewhere else...this will quickly fall into the shadowy realm of forgotten Steam games...unfortunately, your money will never come back.

Finally, DO NOT support game developers that do not respect you. This game is a blatant show of disrespect to all gamers unfortunate enough to purchase it. It is a slap right in the face. DON'T support people like that. Find the true indy game developers out there trying to make a good game that people will ENJOY...not just something that will line their pockets...and support them instead.
  35. Dec 18, 2012
    I pre ordered this game on Oc 3rd, Day 1 for $50 in order to support these devs because they promised an amazing open world game with vehicles, clans, amazing zombie AI, graphics. They showed awesome 'in game" footage and "screenshots" that at release are NOTHING LIKE THE GAME. They have broken 90% of their pormises. They are selling the game for less than the initial $50 preorder which they promised they would not do. They lie on the Steam page. They lie on the forums. For a complete list of LIES from this developer please visit http://warzscam.tumblr.com/ Expand
  36. Dec 18, 2012
    I am ashamed to admit that i bought the legendary status for this game, and since the 1st 2 weeks of it being out i've been trying to get a refund for this piece of **** but to no avail. Apparently if you hate a game within an hour its fine, but if you give it a shot and try to look past its terribleness then you've invested in it completely. This game is just completely terrible, its not fun or anything, the zombies are useless, and there are rampant hackers (how about that better anti-hack than dayz ehh?) The animations look like playstation 1 **** and so do the graphics, the character models might be around playstation 2 level. This game is just trash. Expand
  37. Dec 18, 2012
    I bought this game on steam after reading the description and thought it be a satisfying alternative to DayZ. I was dead wrong. I will begin with the lies: - Screenshots are concept art and not ingame footage. - No dedicated private servers as stated in the steam description - Only supports 50 players per server and not 100 like they said - "learn dozen of available skills
  38. Dec 18, 2012
    The worst about this game are Devs.This game is cashgrab and its sad, that its propably very good at this.Shame for Valve, that they allowed them to Steam.
  39. Dec 18, 2012
    The game has horrible textures, horrible mechanics like not being able to swim and things like disappearing/popping up textures and invisible players. It has a micro transactions model where you BUY things like food and weapons which basically ruins whole survival thing. It has no realism like DayZ does, it is unfinished game in its alpha/early beta stages and it is for sale on its Steam page which contains FALSE ADVERTISEMENT. This game shouldn't be out there even if it was done. Expand
  40. Dec 18, 2012
    This game was a horrendous waste of my time and money. Trying to get a refund from steam as we speak. Almost none of the features described are in the game yet! The graphics are awful even on the "ultra" settings I imagine you could play it on a netbook. Attack animations are non-existent, zombies are nearly unkillable with starting weapon, you can't SWIM, almost every player will kill you on sigh regardless of if you have any items, and the death system is awful. When you die you have to wait four hours to respawn. Four REAL hours not in-game time! Not to mention it seems to bug out a lot and I'll get killed by zombies that are several meters away. If you spend money on their cash shop you lose any item you buy when that character dies permanently. I have a migraine just from trying to understand how a game this unfathomably bad could be released on Steam or to the public in any way. If this game was in beta I'd still tell all my friends to avoid it, but it's a full release?! Expand
  41. Dec 18, 2012
    First of all, it is a blatant ripoff of dayz. Second its not even a good one. You list features on the steam store page and don't even meet half of them. Proof: http://i.imgur.com/j9Q3f.jpg And now all of a sudden you change the features after one day at the top of the steam list? Scams... i hope you get sued.
  42. Dec 18, 2012
    Super pissed off that I paid $30 for this game in october, and check back every 2 weeks or so to see if they fixed all the crap that was wrong with it. Every time I checked back, there were some new features, but no fixed broken stuff. For example the last 3 times (six weeks) I've tried playing, I spawn in with nothing visible but sky and the river, then die from a random hacker named 213521345623456 or something. So essentially I paid $30 for a horrible game, that was launched to early. I have been in a lot of alphas and betas, and this is definitely not ready for prime time at all. I would consider this a prototype, not an alpha, certainly not ready to be HALF PRICE that I paid on steam. **** this game. Expand
  43. Dec 18, 2012
    I purchased the legend pack a few months ago, and the developers still haven't delivered on their promises. They also advertised the game with false information and renders that were portrayed as in-game screenshots.

The game is out of beta now, but it feels like it should be an alpha due to the very low quality of terrain, models, shaders, animations, and AI. This is by far the worst
    game I have ever played. Expand
  44. Dec 18, 2012
    Quite honestly the most unpolished and unplayable game I've ever tried. Stay as far away from this game as you would if someone was actually infected.
  45. Dec 18, 2012
    Terrible game that is nowhere near ready for retail release.Terrible company that threatens its own customers who requested refunds and blatantly lied to their own fan base.
  46. Dec 18, 2012
    This is the worst game I have ever played. The mechanics need a total revamp, the graphics are horrible, and you run around for 30 mins to get to a location just to be killed by another player that was lucky enough to find a weapon, or a zombie that is 15 feet away and swipes at air and you die. There is a four hour cooldown if you are killed so you cannot even get into a groove when playing. This is the only game I have ever heard of where you spend your own cash for in game items, and loose the items when you die. This is obviously just a scheme to make bucks off of people while they can. Collapse
  47. Dec 18, 2012
    I think the game is pretty good so far in general however..

I bought the pioneer package at the start of alpha for $30, one thing that I don't really think is a good idea is the cash shop revival system pretty much the cash shop in general if I paid for the game already why should I dish out more cash? Kinda stupid in my opinion. Just remove the cash shop completely or turn it all to in
    game currency.... Expand
  48. Dec 18, 2012
    Everything surrounding this game is bad. The developers: The developers of this game brought you lack luster hits like The War Inc, and the lead developer is responsible for one of the worst games ever created. So you ought to not expect much from this team, but it gets worse since they constantly lie to boost sales by lying about what is actually in the game, what can we expect, how long they have been working on it, etc. This game is an obvious cash grab on dayZ's success which is why he made all these false claims and promises prior release and charged several times the retail price for the game during it's alpha stage. If you think that you will cease to spend money once you purchased the game you are sadly mistaken. This guy is trying to squeeze as much money from their suckers as they can. They wanted to charge 750 in game currency to create a clan. They later changed this after community outrage. Currently they are charging you 50GC to respawn your character. If you don't pay this fee you will have to wait 4 hours to use your character again.

The gameplay: This game fails at everything it tries to be. This game is supposed to be an open world survival mmo with zombies, but at best only manages to capture the PVP aspect of dayZ. This game survival implementation lacks any depth to it. It is reduced to just finding food and water which are fairly common. You eat food instantly so you do not have to be off guard to eat, and same for healing yourself, scavenging, and switching weapons. This game is missing many animations that you would expect, and the ones that exists are god awful. This game doesn't have the fun of setting up a camp site to store items or make your base. The zombie AI is way to simplistic especially for a game that suppose to have harder zombies. Stealth in this game is poorly implemented. This game is suppose to appeal to hardcore gamers but has many carebare features. Like safezones and global inventory. Stuff like this takes away from the survival aspect and the genre is general. This game is horrible, and I would not recommend it to anyone.
  49. Dec 18, 2012
    A steaming pile of turd, and that's being complimentary. Don't listen to the fanboys,its the worst game around since Big Rigs was released by the same muppet. Still dont believe me, check out war inc, sergay titov's other big blockbuster. More lies and broken promises there too. Anyone who had anything to do with this game should be ashamed. Check out the official forums, anything not remotely kissing the devs poo tubes gets deleted straight away. Anyway I give this game -10. Enjoy :) Expand
  50. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is terrible and that is only due to the developers having only one objective which was to make money from the dayz success, Hammerpoint have constantly lied about most things small and big to uphold any hope for the warz game that the community might have left.. At least they cannot ban people from meta critic for voicing their opinions. As tempting as it might be do not buy this game, I guarantee you will regret it.. Expand
  51. Dec 18, 2012
    The game was good at the beginning but DEVs are ruining their game. After today's patch i can't enjoy anymore. Looks like they are trying to earn some money and you have to pay to get things in a easy way, they are trying to make you buy their GOLD COINS. Don't buy it they have the WORST ideas ever. You will be stressed with this game.
  52. Dec 18, 2012
    One of the biggest lies in history of games. A re-skinned game from the producers of Big Rig Racing (the worst game in human history - search). It is based on popular name (DayZ) and tries to milk in as much cash as possible until people figure it out. It is unfinished, has fake screenshots, fake movies, similar name for confusion, copy-pasted ToS from League of Legends, censored forums, no refunds policy (illegal), random bans ingame, forces people to give high ratings on metacritic (that's why the max positive ones). Changed prices (lowered them so old users from alpha are screwed and have nothing extra), uses real money for everything ingame (respawn even!), has only 1 map and that is plain boring with nothing on it. This is not about the money anymore. Please don't spend even one cent and spread word so people don't fall into a trap like this and make PC gaming industry a cleaner one. Don't encourage this type of behavior if you want better games in future. Expand
  53. Dec 18, 2012
    This game did not deliver at all. Between poor performance and the complete lack of features detailed when purchasing I cannot reccomend this game to anyone. This game does not deliver on the content. It feels very very premature for a release and should be dubbed an alpha release. Hell, the game already labels itself as an Alpha release in the "Safe Zones." Horrible communication from the developers, all around bad bad bad experience. DO NOT BUY! Interview with their PR person http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html Expand
  54. Dec 18, 2012
    Not only is this game pushed to a Steam release despite being bad and unfinished, the developers have been becoming notorious for being dishonest about claims as well as going back on their word.

They said the game wouldn't ever be "pay to win", however their in game store sells ammo and weapon attachments and wants you to pay for clans with player amounts over 20. Their sales page has
    doctored screenshots showing things like drive-able vehicles which are in fact not in the game yet. They also recently changed the player respawn time after death from 1 hour to 4 hours, and within the same patch added "early respawn" if you pay real money.

This is basically a crappy Zygna-esque Facebook game that is wrapped up like a PC game.
  55. Dec 18, 2012
    Horrible game. What more is there to say? Read the GameSpy review for all you need to know about the horrible-ness of this game.

56. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is infested with hackers, glitches, game crashing bugs and the lead developer has been quoted calling people that exploited the game "Faggots". The new update to the anti cheat system was placing items inside walls and on roofs, if you picked these up you were banned. You could pick these traps up through the walls and at times the loot on roofs would fall down.
  57. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is absolutely terrible. It's unfinished, utterly boring and the devs practically lied about every feature in the game. Once you buy the game, you then have to rely on micro-transactions to have any sort of fun. Do not buy.
  58. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is disgusting, it shouldn't even be called a game. It's shockingly bad. Such a scam, cancer, literally worse than Hitler, aidsgame. False advertisement, no features that they promised, character models and animations suck. There's no original content as it's all copied from their other equally horrendous game, The War Inc.
  59. Dec 18, 2012
    You're basically paying to play a beta that will never be worked on, just a cash grab in the vain of DayZ. This quite possibly is the worst game I've ever played. Seriously, I'm not just saying that. There are two games I wish I never played
  60. Dec 19, 2012
    Shame on you, developers. Your product is clearly unfinished, and you're lying about it and trying to trick people into buying it. My credit of trust to indie developers is now completely exhausted. To Sergey Titov: you've made yourself quite a name.
  61. Dec 18, 2012
    I believe that the choices made by the dev of WarZ are terrible and should receive a score of 0. The fact that they changed the respawn limit from 1 hour to a 4 hour wait or pay 50gc which is in-game money that is bought with real money.
  62. Dec 18, 2012
    This Game is a Scam.....Do not buy.... Just google it and you will see many reasons.

The idea and concept behind War Z would be a winner in most every gamers library, unfortunately it has been poorly executed by Hammerpoint. There is a massive population of gamers who would enjoy playing a true Zombie Survival MMO, however this game falls short in all 3 of those words. ◎ Zombie.
    There are zombies in the game, and is probably the highest selling point for this game. Unfortunately the zombies are pointless in the game, and leave much to be desired. One would think in a Zombie Survival game, your biggest fear would be zombies. This is untrue. Players are your worst enemy, and zombies are there to be filler and annoying at most. Expand
  63. Dec 18, 2012
    OK Sergei you asked for review... Idea of the game is nice, not matter who ripped it from who *cough* stolen from Rocket *cough* . If we forget all rip-off and all this idea stealing (even the Foundation release name stolen from DayZ) Let's forget ALL of that and see what we have here: We have nice idea, we have some what good base on what to build but it needs to be build before releasing. This game is still in EARLY alpha phase. You can't just release something that's COMPLETELY undone! Steam should be ashamed of them self for selling this and advertising it as a complete game! There's not one mention on steam page that the game is still in developement..even thou Main Dev Sergei claims all mmo's are constantly developed it does not mean you can publish something that's clearly still in ALPHA! Steam page is full of lies and your sad interview trying to cover those lies (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html) is not doing you any good. You are just money scamming douchebag mr. Sergei!

I strongly, I repeat STRONGLY advice to invest your money into something else then WarZ. Drink it. Drink beer till you vomit all over your moms carpet and pass out lying on it, vomit all over you.. . That's better investment then putting your money into something as bad as this sad excuse of a game is!
  64. Dec 18, 2012
    This is literally the one of the worst games I've ever played. I bought it on Steam, but little did I know that the claims made by the developers were nothing more than simple marketing. The game is still in alpha or very early beta (even though they fail to inform costumers of this) and is nearly unplayable. The textures are terrible, models fail to load, the servers are unable to handle their advertised capacity, the AI is laughable, the success of your character depends on how much you are willing to spend on in-game micro transactions. Also, do not think of asking for a refund. The company behind the game threatens to blacklist you with their credit processor (meaning that if you they give you a refund, it could very well make it hard/impossible to buy things online). All in all, stay away; this game is very nearly painful to play. If you are a fan of zombie survival games, either play DayZ, an ARMA II mod, or wait until DayZ releases the standalone game. Expand
  65. Dec 18, 2012
    I am disappointed that Steam would carry a game whose creators (1) lie shamelessly to the customer, (2) deliver a product so blatantly slapped-together to capitalize on the popularity of a free mod for a game made by other people, and (3) take every available opportunity to silence criticism and blame the victim. Watch Total Biscuit's "The Bore Z" on Youtube. Or any gameplay video on Youtube, but TB's is particularly recent and educational. Expand
  66. Dec 18, 2012
    Not much else to do in this game other then die really. Shady support, shady lead developer, shady way of dealing with hackers, everything about this game is shady. On comparison of this game and War Inc., it's nothing more then a slightly re-skinned version of War Inc with some zombies thrown in.
  67. Dec 18, 2012
    A hastily made cash grab attempt to profit off the exploding popularity of the DayZ mod. Essentially 'The WarZ' is a re-skin of the F2P game by the same company 'WarINC' with users being charged both upfront and with a pay to win cash shop for items that you will inevitably lose moments later. The game is full of bugs, cheaters and missing listed features. For me though, the worst part is their development team, who blatantly lie through their teeth and delete every critisism from their forums as if they never existed. To summarise poorly made, rushed game in alpha state being sold with a pay 2 win cash shop, missing features, empty promises, full of cheaters and a development team who instead of acknowledging any issues with the game instead choose to delete any negative feedback and pretend it isn't a problem. Expand
  68. Dec 19, 2012
    Many features and time lines were lied about, Seems to be a rushed together development of a game that was made to live off the success of dayz. Even though the game is not that bad my personal opinion will shine out in my review as I personally do not like developers who lie about their game. If the developers of the game simply said that the game was really on in development for less then a year, My review would have been much better. Expand
  69. Dec 19, 2012
    I purchased this game back in October. At first I thought it to be a neat and innovative game. The promises were fair and everything seemed the be in a place where this game could deliver big. Oh how wrong that all was. Myself and a friend were both banned from the WarZ forums because we voiced articulate dislike for the mistreatment of us the players and how the game was failing to deliver. We didn't get warned or anything we were both permbanned. This was happening on the steam forums too until the entire forum was deleted. Then the recent interviews with the game's developer and lead designer. The refusal to give refunds, the lying and false claims, the blatant lack of appreciation for us the players supporting him and so much more has made me never EVER want anything to do with it ever again. I will NEVER support ANY game/idea/product from this person/developer again. I would not touch their product even if they offered to pay me. The game play is mediocre. The graphics are sub standard, there is nothing memorable about the game itself. If it were just that I wouldn't feel so bad being out my money. But then We the players got kicked while we were down... repeatedly... The WarZ has been uninstalled and I am not looking back. I signed up for metacritic JUST to write this review because people need to know they type of dirty, scummy, grimy, less than human A- Hole the dev team has been toward the gaming community as a whole. Please do not buy this game, don't even try it at a friends place. This should be avoided at ALL costs. I am sorry I didn't do enough due diligence and I will never make this mistake again.

-Sincerely-

A very disgruntled gamer.
  70. Dec 18, 2012
    I was really hoping for a great game, knew it was in development so I didn't expect much. But what I didn't expect at all was to get F'ed in the A by the worst developers in the history of gaming (Big Rig Truckers anyone?) I highly recommend you do NOT buy this game under any circomstances, even if a criminal is holding you hostage and threatening to prick you with a needle that contains the aids virus, do NOT get this. Expand
  71. Dec 18, 2012
    I found out about this game a few months ago and was under the assumption it was a game company that decided to cash in on dayz and povide a A+ title (the screenshots of said in-game play looked very VERY impressive, and there promises of course)... So i start up steam this morning and see WarZ "OMG ITS OUT ALLREADY!!!". sigh.. i think i am going to go cry in a corner now. i do no have any idea on earth why the would start selling this game already.. PRE-ORDER + ALPHA/BETA access would have been smart.. but, that said.. they are ether idiots... or realize they will never be able to finish the game and live up to the promises / fake in-game screenshots and just decided to cash out really quick..... Expand
  72. Dec 18, 2012
    Extremely dull and boring. It's just a glorified deathmatch game with zombies. It looks like **** no matter what settings you put it on. Plenty of bugs and glitches. Not worth anyone's time.
  73. Dec 19, 2012
    The Fail of the years, mountains of lies, fake screenshots, fake promises.
    Go donate your money to some good cause, not on this "game". They want your money? They have to earn them legally and with something good!! Let your voice be heard! We are not stupid!
  74. Dec 18, 2012
    Terrible game that is purely trying to grab as much money as possible. I was wrongly banned and they wouldn't tell me why or what for and then refused a refund. Good thing credit card companies don't like shady game developers and their **** as I was able to get my money back. All features promised are not available and scrip kiddies with wallhacks run rampant amongst other things.
  75. Dec 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Spoiler Alert! This game is **** You will not enjoy this game unless you are prepared to fork out additional money purchasing hacks or exploits which run rampant within the community. The game is a complete rip from their other game War Inc. which mind you isn't hidden at all, they've came out and said that it's just retexturing etc. To summarise the game, it was hastily made to capitalise on the hype that DayZ had created. Expand
  76. Dec 19, 2012
    One of, if not *the*, worst games of all time.
    The game itself is mediocre, at best. What truly makes the game disgusting is the developers. They've not only lied to, deceived, and abused their players, but have openly admitted in interviews that they're okay with that.
    The game is nothing more than a cash-grab - the developers have gone so far as to refuse refunds to players, claiming
    that whichever bank/group had handled the initial funds could no longer be located, or some rubbish like that.
    Regarding the game, hackers run rampant with little to nothing being done about it. the player base is commonly lied to about updates and features, and again, the developers feel no shame in this behavior. It's all about the money to them.
    The game is just a desperate attempt to ride the coattails of Day Z's popularity, sadly.
  77. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a disgrace to the Steam platform and gaming itself. By false advertising they've promised features, that don't even exist in the game. Private servers? Not implemented. Hardcore mode? Not implemented. 100-400km² in size? Colorado has 75km² at best.
    100 players per server? 50 slots is the actual limit.

All "Screenshots" on the sales page are FAKED. None of these is an
    actual screenshot. This is just an abysmal cashgrab. Don't get fooled by shady business ethics. Expand
  78. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is an absolute abomination. The developers lie and scam their way to undermine the real work of the DayZ mod creator. They are trying to get money from people who don't understand the difference. They WILL say or do nearly anything to either, A. Convince you that their game is actually functional. B. Make sure you are silenced otherwise. DO NOT SUPPORT THEM IN ANY WAY!
  79. Dec 19, 2012
    Short answer - Absolutely terrible game made my terrible people.

Long answer - The Steam page falsely advertises with mocked-up screenshots, features that don't exist in game, and so on. The game is far from finished, and the steam page does NOTHING to acknowledge this. The fact that this game has micro-transactions on top of the purchase price is a kick in the teeth as-is; the fact
    that those micro-transactions are lost on death of your character is even more ridiculous. This is a game genre where you're expected to die, so the in-game store is just a blatant cash-grab.

Speaking of dying, if you die, then your character goes on cooldown and you need to wait 4 hours to use it again... unless you feel like paying real money to instantly revive. Add that on top of the game being buggy as hell, painful to look at, poorly optimized, fundamentally broken, and more, and you have quite possibly the worst game of 2012.

And finally, to top it all off, the devs seem to believe it's a good idea to ban anyone from both the forums and the game itself for spreading the word that this game is absolute **** They also threaten to put certain people on a payment blacklist for the company that handles their micro-transactions; in other words, because the WarZ devs don't like you, they will try to tell the company they work with that you're not a trustworthy customer and that company will no longer accept your payments for ANY game, not just WarZ. Oh, and they're refusing refund requests.

Yeah, it's that horrible. Don't waste your money on this garbage.
  80. Dec 19, 2012
    The makers of this game is a joke. Mass banning and silence of the community. They should kill themselves for charging people for a beta game. ****
  81. Dec 19, 2012
    I am ashamed of what i saw. A friend of mine pushed me hard for buying this, he was so excited that i fell into this without even checking a forum.
    What a big mistake it was! I bought the game in ALPHA stage, tried to play it for 2 days but then i really was upset at my friends for making me buy such an horrible product.
    This happened i guess around 3-4 weeks ago. Now i find out that the
    game is being sold at a LOWER PRICE than the one i payed when it was in alpha stage. This is a total JOKE and i'm going to ask for a refund, let's hope the marketing office has a decent behavior to customers, considering the dev team did one of the most horrible works i've ever had the (bad) luck to play. Expand
  82. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is literally the worst thing I have ever seen. I don't even know where to begin with this. Even at that, anything I could mention has probably already been mentioned everywhere else on the Internet. But let's just get down to business; this game is literally not worth a single penny. From the beginning the playerbase was promised features and lo and behold when the game is officially released everyone is stuck dealing with placeholders and broken hopes. This game is no better in it's current state than it was in it's alpha. In fact, the ironic part is a lot of the features in the game currently are STILL IN ALPHA. The reviews are pouring in and if you have rated this positively I legitimately feel sorry for you and would like you to know that you are in the minority. This game is an abomination in every sense of the word. The developers literally had to be called out in front of the whole Internet before they changed the false claims on the steam description page and EVEN STILL, if you read the GameSpy review with Sergey, the 'lead developer of the game,' he blatantly ignores the fact that his game is incomplete and nothing but lies. I cannot even begin to continue with this review because I am so appalled by the business principles and overall general attitude of Sergey Titov and the rest of Hammerpoint Interactive. Congratulations, guys, you are absolutely what is killing gaming as we know it today. Expand
  83. Dec 19, 2012
    Possibly one of the worst games I have played. The game features are broken, servers keep crashing, graphics are horrible and the advertised features and specs are misleading. Do not buy.
  84. Dec 19, 2012
    Did you like Day Z? Well take that free ARMA2 mod. Now charge money for it. Except take out the things that made it good. Now add micro-transactions for items that you buy with real money and go bye bye when you get killed. Make the map (singular) smaller.

In no way should this game have been released in it's current state. Seriously just wait for the Day Z standalone release.
  85. Dec 19, 2012
    Its a scam everyone don't buy into it! Don't waste your hard earned money supporting the dev's known for the terrible, unplayable game "Big Rigs". Give actual deserving developers your money.
  86. Dec 19, 2012
    The WarZ. Atrocious, horrific (and as far as i'm concerned downright illegal) customer service coupled with a shoddy unfinished 'game'. Buy at your peril and do not give constructive criticism about the game or you may very well get banned, no matter how polite you give it.
  87. Dec 19, 2012
    Literally the worst game I've ever played. People hate on Bethesda for releasing unfinished games...you are looking at the KING of unfinished games here.There's a lot of running around through environments that looked great back on the original Ghost Recon, only the weapons don't handle nearly as well. I really loved getting killed every three minutes because I got stuck in an invisible wall. This isn't a game, it's a shameless cash-grab. Expand
  88. Dec 19, 2012
    this is a **** fraud. it's in alpha state, it's a **** ripoff from dayz, it's just war inc with zombies. the developers are dirty **** liars. if you buy this game I will **** murder you
  89. Dec 19, 2012
    Godawful game with developers depending on scamming with lies and false hopes just to make a quick money.

Stay away!

If you really want to be informed in detail about the things that everyone is talking about, check out this blog http://warzscam.tumblr.com/ and everything will become crystal clear. My only hope is that my review will help someone out there from wasting his money on
    the product of scammers! Expand
  90. Dec 19, 2012
    Released on Steam with multiple false claims about the game and empty promises. Game is very buggy, purchased items in-game are lost on death, even if you die by a bug/glitch (invisible players, the insane zombie reach). Reviews with the developers are shady and developers actions within the community are shady in general.
  91. Dec 19, 2012
    This had the possibility of being a great game, and it would be decent for an alpha/beta build. Yet, the devs insisted on rushing a full release of an alpha/beta game and are trying to pass it off as complete. It is not polished/complete or even close to it. False advertising.
  92. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a scam. For the previous "game" of the lead for The WarZ, check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR3a0gixfwI This gives indie developers and alpha funding a bad name, what a shame!
  93. Dec 19, 2012
    There is a lot of negative controversy regarding the WarZ and I feel that a lot of people rating are following the hive mind and actually haven't touched the game. However, as a person who has invested several hours playing this game and contemplating whether I should continue to invest my time into it, can say this: this game has potential, but it's execution is horrible. I am weary of ever purchasing another hammer point interactive product as now I perceive them to be money grabbing scumbags and therefore should not trust them with my money, nor my time.

Many of you may feel my next statement follows the hive mind of misled fanatics mindlessly bashing the WarZ. If you feel like I am, note that there are concrete facts supporting my statement. If you still desire a Zombie Apocalypse survival experience, then play DayZ. In it's early stage of development, it has achieved much, much more than what WarZ has. There are assuredly many other pros and cons of each of these games, but this is not the place for them. If you purchase this game, I hope you do not regret your decision.
  94. Scx
    Dec 19, 2012
    As an avid fan of zombie games and survival horror, I specifically signed up to metacritic to warn everyone about the atrocity and utter abomination of a game this is.

Graphics: 0/10, running on very high, textures, terrain and models looks like they belong in Half life, the original, released in 1998...14 years ago.....

Gameplay: 1/10, Stealth does not function properly, zombie AI
    in this game behave like walls and objects do not exist and will detect you no matter where you are, zombies kill you in 4 hits(intentional as you will have to pay more money to play, hence why its so brutal), when you die there is a 4 hour respawn timer, which means if you die with all 5 characters, you will essentially have to pay more money to revive your character if you want to continue playing. No in game voice chat, only text, object spawn in places you cannot get to, hats occupy 99% of the item spawns.

Sound: 0/10 A random collection of noises, that seem to drive you insane after the first 5 minutes.

Bugs: there are so many bugs and glitches, invisible players, invisible weapons, sliding down a meter down a hill takes away half your health, glitches through buildings, teleport glitches, invisble walls, broken animations, texture bugs, the list goes on

Microtransactions: once you buy an item and you die, you loose it for good BE WARNED.

False advertising ! On the steam page, it advertises for multiple maps up to 400square kms, skill points, private servers, up to 100 player servers. The game currently has ONE map with 100kms, NO skill point mechanic, Servers with max of only 50 people, NO private servers available.

STAY as far away from this game as possible, this has the be one of the most disgusting piece of work, i have ever played
  95. Dec 19, 2012
    This "game" is a quick money grab aimed at copying many other superior products to achieve the lowest possible standard of completion for release. An absolute farce, 'The War Z' should be avoided at all costs, bar none. I'd rather lose $15 than pay these people one cent.
  96. Dec 19, 2012
    I don't need to write a review because you can just read all the others saying how bad this game is, but to reiterate the point and reach the 150 characters quota, the people who made this game are just cashing in on dayz.
  97. Dec 19, 2012
    A lot of people are looking forward to the dayz stand alone release so when they see Warz it may appear to be something to do in the mean time. Do not be fooled gamers! This game is asking you to pay for a terrible imitation that is worse than dayz in every single aspect. However the reason this game deserves the zero is because the devs out right lie about the content of the game as well as releasing screenshots that portray events that are impossible to come by. On top of these lies they have a micro transaction system that would have you pay large amounts of money for items that A:You loose on death, and B: Can find quite easily in the open. Simply avoid this train wreck of a piece of software that deserves nothing less than total removal from the steam shop and refunding provided to all the poor fools who purchased it. Expand
  98. Dec 19, 2012
    I want to warn everyone to NOT buy this "game". It's barely out of beta and doesn't have half the features it claims it has. After accepting their TOS you are no longer entitled to a refund. Which is illegal. This entire "game" is a moneygrab and a fraud. DO. NOT. BUY. THIS. GAME!
  99. Dec 19, 2012
    Unfinished game sold as a complete title. This is a scam. Also the way the developers already try to monetize an unfinished product (death timers etc..) is sickening.
  100. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is one of 2012's biggest disappointments (if people even believed this would have been successful)

The Steam page is full of lies, no 100 man servers, no skills, micro-transactions in an already paid game, and a 'final product' that looks more like an Alpha build.

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS GAME: That $15 can be spent on many different other games.
  101. Dec 18, 2012

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.