1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 3986 Ratings

1. Mar 11, 2013
    This is the best game ever 10/10 must buy, most innovative game of the year. Beautiful graphics, fascinating lore, brilliant story, deep character design. What more can I say? Get this game now, what a bargain for just $15.

Just kidding lol.
  2. Jul 18, 2013
    I haven't played a game this good since Big rigs, over the road racing, best game ever 10/10 if you can imagine day Z on an epic level, you have this game

(of course I don't mean it)
  3. Jul 7, 2013
    Infestation is a great game. I have been playing for 20 hours solo and have just introduced it to a pack of my friends. Yes it is similar to Dayz but i had so many issues with dayz that it was unplayable. I also love the slower moving zombies!

The game is gorgeous too, I spend so much time doing screenshots! there is a lush green environment with thick long grass to use as cover and the day/night cycle is incredible.

Dont listen to anyone that reviewed it while it was in beta, I guarantee that a huge portion never even played it. Make sure to get the pack that gives you a little in game currency just to get started.
  4. Jan 7, 2013
    "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma--which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." -"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma--which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs - February 24, 1955 - October 5, 2011 RIP Expand
  5. Dec 17, 2012
    Excellent game. I used to play DayZ before i found this game and while they are similar, The War Z has many aspects that make me enjoy it far more than i ever did with dayz. I would defiantly recommend it to other people who are fans of realistic zombie games.
  6. Jan 31, 2013
    This game is a work of art, the graphics are amazing, the gameplay is really fun, it feels so realistic, and don't even get me started on how good the customer service is. Simply amazing.
  7. Dec 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very good game to play with friends and make clans... very good pvp and good pve
    i have more than 200-300 hours in this game... better than dayz mod....
  8. Apr 17, 2014
    As a professional player with 9999 hours in this game, I would say this is the king of all games existing in the galaxy. The developers are indeed one of the most talented teams, if not the best, that ever existed in this universe.

How come this astonishing achievement being swallowed by a sea of negative scores? Why don't you guys just face the truth, and accept that this game is the master of all games? It is your fate to spread the glory message of how great this game is to the mankind.

All hail to the glory of old day WarZ, the absolute power over all games in the world.
  9. Apr 23, 2013
    This game is awesome! I love zombie survival games, and this is one of my favorite ones! I have played DayZ, but I might think this one is a little better! It is always fun to find food, water, weapons, etc.
  10. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is just excellent. I played DayZ before, and then I heard about this game when I stopped playing DayZ. I was excited to see how it were, then I first thought this game was going to be a fail because it is a "MMO", and then my friend convinced me to play the game because it wouldn't suck. There am I, playing this game, enjoying it, but, Hammerpoint should listen more to theThis game is just excellent. I played DayZ before, and then I heard about this game when I stopped playing DayZ. I was excited to see how it were, then I first thought this game was going to be a fail because it is a "MMO", and then my friend convinced me to play the game because it wouldn't suck. There am I, playing this game, enjoying it, but, Hammerpoint should listen more to the community. They don't accept bad critics about the game, but they need to accept it in order to make the game better.

Why this game is considered a MMO: because of the Skill Tree. You can learn new skills (unimplemented yet). I don't know how it will work, but I think WarZ didn't need that.

When I first played this, I kept getting killed and then I was like "F*CK I DIED WHY DID YOU DO THIS MOTHERF*CKER?", but then I just realise that the game is still fun, even when you die. I kept laughing at how the guy killed me, which makes this a good game.

MY FINAL REVIEW: Good game, if you want to try it out, ask your friend that bought it for a Guest Key. That way, you'll not spend any money on the game if you don't like it.
  11. Dec 25, 2012
    The game is great if DayZ came out after The War Z people would be doing this to it. Don't say no because it's true you would be dissing it. COD is a rip off of MOH because MOH was first! That's about much sense you all make with this. Stop with the bandwagon. Half of the hate is idiotic nonsense, no truth in most of it AT ALL. I've been part of this game since DAY ONE and will continue toThe game is great if DayZ came out after The War Z people would be doing this to it. Don't say no because it's true you would be dissing it. COD is a rip off of MOH because MOH was first! That's about much sense you all make with this. Stop with the bandwagon. Half of the hate is idiotic nonsense, no truth in most of it AT ALL. I've been part of this game since DAY ONE and will continue to support it. Don't like it then get out! Your hatred is unneeded. Be like someone starting a petition to illegalize Mountain Dew because he hates it so everyone jumps in because others are doing it, stupid! Expand
  12. Dec 19, 2012
    I ve played DayZ for about 2 hours before the ugliness of the game made me quit. This on the other hand looks ok and is still improving. Granted there was a PR **** up with the steam release and it still needs a lot of work bit the game has a lot of potential and certainly deserves better the the current user score seems to suggest
  13. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is great. I've played it since November 27 and, while there are some miscommunications and glitches, this game is overall great. It is still in development, but has many great features. There are a mid-range of weapons to choose from, with more on the way in the future. The map, over 100sq km, is big enough for the moment. I hardly ever run into hostile players, and nothing ofThis game is great. I've played it since November 27 and, while there are some miscommunications and glitches, this game is overall great. It is still in development, but has many great features. There are a mid-range of weapons to choose from, with more on the way in the future. The map, over 100sq km, is big enough for the moment. I hardly ever run into hostile players, and nothing of any hackers that have been reported. I've managed to get guns several times, as well as rare armor and items. As an overal game, I give it an 8/10, due to the fact it has some features missing and the developers are sometimes distant on information. Expand
  14. Dec 18, 2012
    i love this game, i am not going to use the "its still in alpha beta excuse". but this game still has a chance of surviving and i will keep playing it. the only bad part is the hackers but hopefully they really do have a anti-cheat engine lolol Overall its only 20-30 bucks and you get to be a part of a game that might be a hit...who knows
  15. Dec 18, 2012
    The War Z is a lot of fun. I'd give it two thumbs up. One of the best things I love about this game is the death system. In most MMO's death is simply a minor inconvenience -- you die, you re-spawn at the alter with all of your gear, and maybe suffer some repair costs. In The War Z, when you die, you lose EVERYTHING and must wait out the revive timer before being able to play the sameThe War Z is a lot of fun. I'd give it two thumbs up. One of the best things I love about this game is the death system. In most MMO's death is simply a minor inconvenience -- you die, you re-spawn at the alter with all of your gear, and maybe suffer some repair costs. In The War Z, when you die, you lose EVERYTHING and must wait out the revive timer before being able to play the same character again. This really makes death in this game significant. No other game gets my heart pounding and my palms sweaty like The War Z. When you have a backpack full of loot, and you hear the sound of footsteps from another player, or gun shots nearby..... Oh man, it's game on! Expand
  16. Dec 18, 2012
    The WarZ is still developing and i think it got great potential, i like the sandboxy aspect of the game atm. The biggest problem being the hackers and the really hard start for new players. Lots of things need to be fixed but im pretty sure the evolution will come quickly.
  17. Dec 18, 2012
    Love this game, just waiting for private servers, once i get my own server then my life will be nothing but War Z. I'm kinda getting bored with the pvp aspect of it atm, not that i die alot, just that i would like my own server to actually be able to kill zombies with a gun w/o worrying about a bandit hearing me.
  18. Dec 18, 2012
    People who are put unlike all delayed because some can not see the front and Warz why?
    because they think Dayz and better, but this is not so for all causes and from warz game
    already sucks when you guys buy the game was not for you guys have the official Warz paid for the full release for so if you guys think about it Warz will be **** believe it or not, the Warz and very good and should not **** compared comment leaving the launch.
    Thanks for reading.
    Stop be kids!!
    I recommend to play!!!!!
    Thanks for reading.
    Stop be kids!!
    I recommend to play!!!!!
  19. Dec 18, 2012
    I don't understand why people would compare this game to Day Z. They might be in the same environment, share gameplay or something else, BUT YOU ALL BOUGHT COD:BOII, similarities never stood in your way before, why are they so important now? Game is not the greatest one, but hey, it's not THAT bad. Support in War Z is very responsive to what players want, they update game almost every day,I don't understand why people would compare this game to Day Z. They might be in the same environment, share gameplay or something else, BUT YOU ALL BOUGHT COD:BOII, similarities never stood in your way before, why are they so important now? Game is not the greatest one, but hey, it's not THAT bad. Support in War Z is very responsive to what players want, they update game almost every day, they really putting a lot of effort into it. Also I think that reddit posts and all the frauds against War Z is Day Z developers' fault.
    TL;DR give the guys a break
  20. Dec 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game has a lot of hype. More bad than good I would say, especially just looking at these reviews. A lot of the negative hype are day z fan boys. Sure great, no worries. What many of these posts don't realize is that the game is still in beta. The price was not reduced to 15, it has always been 15. Anyone that spent more gets in game currency equal to what they spent and other perks. Nothing game changing, things like private stronghold servers and such. I have played the game through alpha and into beta, alpha was rough. It was hacker plagued. The hackers have been reduced, and now that it is launching through steam and with the "new anti-hack" out. Which I think is the same anti-hack but with the consequences of hacking a game on steam attached. You kids won't want to lose your steam account will you? The threat of hackers should be greatly reduced. To kozzy420 or anyone that bought the game through steam, I'm not sure how it shows the game, but any research into the game, like 5 seconds into google and you could figure out it is in beta. And come on for 15 bucks you could do a lot worse! I have paid 60 bucks for crappier x box games that I spend less time with than I have with war z. Either way I like war z better than day z at the moment. I will try the day z stand alone but will definitely keep my account going. This is a good game with a ton of negative hype, but don't listen to the people saying they are rushing the game. The game is in beta, so it is still a work in progress, they have already tested skill trees, but have found they need more work to be in the game, so they said they will not have them done this year. Does that sound like rushing? No it sounds like a smart choice by them to not rush something as integral as a skill tree.

The baby gamers of the new generation need to suck it up and clan up. Get together with some people, hold down a town or go explore if you want. We had six of us build a stronghold in the clearview small grocery the other night then call the server out. Told them we had all sorts of good loot, which we did. All of us fully armed with plenty of ammo, barricades for our building, all had body armor and helmets. We held it down for a good hour and a half with lots of action. There was maybe two to three separate groups that showed up. They were doing most of the fighting at first, then the winners tried to take us down, but they were hard pressed. They had a sniper up on a hill with no shot on us, and kept poking their heads into the market to try to get us. They did get two of us, I got two kills, a buddy got two as well. We lost another to the sniper as he tried to loot. We sent him out after we killed a bunch in the town. He came back in and we were able to loot a lot of the stuff. We had to use another barricade in the middle of the street so the sniper couldn't kill us as we looted. It was different, and it was a lot of fun.

Watch a short clip of part of the battle.

Here you can watch us celebrating the holiday.

Here you can watch a zombie montage, the night stuff isn't great. Hard to film at night. Need night vision!

The game is what you make it, but you can't survive on your own for too long. Only a matter of time, clan up, it is an mmo in that sense. For 15$ this game is a bargain. It was always 15! Not a quick cash grab as the haters say. Don't waste your money? I'm sure almost all of you have wasted 15 dollars on more. You don't need gc to play the game as many say. It helps speeds your revival time for about the same cost of a baseball bat. You can't buy guns. You can buy a very limited supply of ammo. The key though as I said you need to clan up, groups of three are decent for going around, but the more the merrier! Enjoy the holidays!
  21. Dec 19, 2012
    I am a frequent player of The War Z and to be honest I do enjoy the game a lot. I do die a lot as well but that is besides the point.

I may not agree on how situations are handled however I still take my hat off to Sergey and the rest of the team. The game has a lot going for it and in time it will get better. I for one can defiantly not pull such a game like this off and I am sure that there are not may other that can.

My main point to this would be that WE the COMMUNITY is making or braking this game, WE have had plenty of opportunities to give our input on the game and what WE would like to have and so far have they not made some of the changes that WE asked for? (Less players on servers, more Zombies, more loot) How long do you think this can go on before it all falls apart..

What I say here might be insignificant to a lot of people but I would like to ask just to ease up a bit..
    This game was created with the basic idea of Zombie survival and the COMMUNITY is shaping the game to the way they want it.
  22. Dec 19, 2012
    Well, I have voted 10 because I really think, I've got what I payed for. The game has it unique chaotic atmosphere of survival. Not all the features are available yet but devs are releasing up to 3 patches a week!
    I would definitely suggest the game to Zombie fans!
  23. Dec 19, 2012
    this game has been a blast since day 1, Very fun group co-op play, had many exciting and amusing gun fights between groups of survivors and while scavenging on my own. DEF worth a try for the cheap price
  24. Dec 19, 2012
    i have fun playing is that not what matters?

its not a scam ignor the trolls they just gota hate for hates sake

..................................................................................................................................................................................
  25. Dec 19, 2012
    despite all the negative critics and the many rumors of scams and cheating and lying, the game is freaking amazing. i haven't been able to play anything else for months because i've been spending all my time on this game. it's VERY bare bones as it's simply a map with zombies, loot and player spawn areas. the alignment system is currently useless as there's little reason NOT to be a banditdespite all the negative critics and the many rumors of scams and cheating and lying, the game is freaking amazing. i haven't been able to play anything else for months because i've been spending all my time on this game. it's VERY bare bones as it's simply a map with zombies, loot and player spawn areas. the alignment system is currently useless as there's little reason NOT to be a bandit and kill on sight.

production has been slow, but a good pace for a group of somewhere between 25 and 60 dev's. marketing and PR has been shotty but seeing as there are few members, i would prefer them to work on the game and not flake off and dick around on the forums all day.

the animations and base mechanics improve with every other update.

don't ever let a negative critic or even numbers tell you if a game is good or not. only you will know after you give it a try since it's all about perspective. so here's the question for you reader. . .

do you like zombies? do you like HUGE persistent worlds? do you like pvp? do you like pve? do you want to have the choice of either or?(private servers will be out soon and there's PLENTY of people willing to have Role Playing, PVE and PVP dedicated servers and allow you in) do you like a challenge? do you like making challenges for other players? do you like to roleplay (not just play a character in an MMO)? do you like to explore?

this may be the game for you but keep in mind you must be very patient not just with the development but also with playing the game in general. don't just run out there and expect a large call of duty world. your life is precious in this game as you have a lockout if you die (don't worry, there are 5 character slots and you can always save one for a hardcore character. he loses his skills but you get to play as much as you like)

you are able to spend real money on game things that are convenient, but don't give you any real advantage. for instance, at the moment (could possibly change) you can spend 50GC (1$=125ishGC) to revive a dead character sooner (convenient, not really an advantage), or get some meds or ammo (again, convenient, but by no means an advantage).

for the best experience in game, it could be best to play with a group. if you can not find a trusting group online or in real life friends, you may try to join one of the many many clan's. these can lead up to some really amazing and fun times. one of my favorite experiences was when about 24 of us were running through a server to waste weapons before they wiped the inventories.

give it a shot. i won't blame someone for not liking this game but i freaking love it and am looking forward to even MORE content to come.
  26. Dec 19, 2012
    Game is doing just fine slow in progress but its getting there , people on steam should of youtube the gameplay first before buying i know i did ..... to sum it all up game is great and has alot of potential
    its worth every dollar ........... KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB
  27. Dec 19, 2012
    Been playing since release in Oct 16th and have been having lots of fun! still more stuff to be added, but the devs listen to the community and the updates are regular and add great new stuff :) 10/10 because it has so much replayability and has a bright future. Don't listen to all the negative reviews, they're just getting caught up in all the drama surrounding WarZ
  28. Dec 19, 2012
    Haters gonna hate of sure, this game is absolutely fascinating and scary.playi'n since alpha,so why u continue giving 0 vote?Also about 400 of people giving negative review never played this game.Page steam is now ACCURATE and for 10
  29. Dec 21, 2012
    After the recent changes, I have now changed my rating to a 10. Let's hope they keep making community changes. The reverting of the 4 hour lockout period has changed my gameplay to more positive, in contrary to the previous. Now onto private servers!
  30. Dec 19, 2012
    I like the game but absolutely can't believe how badly the developers treat their community. Launching a 4 hour respawn without talking to the community first and then expecting them to pay to be revived. How can I sell this to my friends??? They need to listen to the community and develop a relationship with them like many many other great small developers.
    The game can only survive with
    The game can only survive with a good community relationship into the future. Right now it does not have that at all.
  31. Dec 19, 2012
    Very fun gameplay with zombie hords and good gfx. There are a lot of Player, all Server are filled up and you can make Clans and Play with your friends. 1-3 more months, and this game will be rocking the world!
  32. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a awesome game!
    Deserves a better note, he is still in development, the developers have been working hard and always releasing updates and improvements. Stopping scams, this game have a great idea and a great future! Congratulations to the staff and the developers of the game, do not be discouraged and keep up the great work!
  33. Dec 19, 2012
    All the negatives are being exaggerated greatly. This game has much more potential than DayZ and is already a more fun game. It's not easy game for noobies, but if you do minimal research you should be fine. I do agree however, that Hammerpoint should have waited a few weeks to release the game to Steam. As of the next 2 weeks they will be implementing huge amount of content to the game.All the negatives are being exaggerated greatly. This game has much more potential than DayZ and is already a more fun game. It's not easy game for noobies, but if you do minimal research you should be fine. I do agree however, that Hammerpoint should have waited a few weeks to release the game to Steam. As of the next 2 weeks they will be implementing huge amount of content to the game. They tried to release it early to cash in on Christmas purchases, but clearly the strategy has backfired. Expand
  34. Dec 19, 2012
    If you're a fan of zombie games just buy the game and don't listen to all those kid haters. It is the first really well made online Zsurvival game. I like it more than DayZ. Also it has not as much similarity as you may think to DayZ. The War Z is a little more arcade focused but still hard as hell.

There is just one rule: Don't trust anyone... this applies for hateposts about the game and players in the game because you will get shot a lot. ^^
  35. Dec 19, 2012
    the problem with this game is.. people didnt research before they bought this game. i however love it. so..it sucks if you dont like it. just means more zombies for me :)
    NEXT TIME: do your research before buying a game.
  36. Dec 19, 2012
    Fun, lot of stress, but we have to play with friends for more survivability! Dont believe rage comment, they dont know how to play, and this game will be improve by devs.
  37. Dec 19, 2012
    The only people that votes this game so low are dayz fanboys that wish to see any other zombie survival game similar to dayz fail, and noobs that die from bandits (they then blame hackers). I play bandit in game, and I love it when whenever I kill a noob, they will then yell out "HACKER"!.. haha.. But most of the haters are dayz fanboys. Seriously guys, stick to your dayz.
    The game is not
    The game is not terribly buggy. I've been playing alot, and only once or twice I have come across a glitch, where I would accidentally go through a wall.. Other than that, gameplay is not that bad. Those that say that the game is filled with bugs to the point where the game feels broken, is obviously lying and trying to make people hate the game.
  38. Dec 19, 2012
    Só nao é melhor porque tem muito hacker... e repito sinto vergonha de 90% deles serem BR....
  39. Dec 20, 2012
    Good game. Now raw, but has great potential.
    Pre order the alpha stage. Package survivor. Was pleased with everything, but that's the price you promised not previously done so, in the end overpaid.
  40. Dec 20, 2012
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this game, I feel bad for the amount of trolls that abuse metacritic, Many people who signed the petition on steam because they bandwagoned against toa and tosm even after agreeing, DONT LISTEN to the bad reviews this game isn't fully developed but ive had 40 hours of fun since launch and you will too! COntent patches are rolling out weekly and once you know what to do inI ABSOLUTELY LOVE this game, I feel bad for the amount of trolls that abuse metacritic, Many people who signed the petition on steam because they bandwagoned against toa and tosm even after agreeing, DONT LISTEN to the bad reviews this game isn't fully developed but ive had 40 hours of fun since launch and you will too! COntent patches are rolling out weekly and once you know what to do in game and how to avoid bandits your set! Expand
  41. Dec 20, 2012
    I really don't know whats with all the flack! i picked this game up a few days ago on steam and so did a few of my friends, we have already logged a good 5 hours or more per person and it has been a great game. Did it meet all the advertising no, but Steam does in fact allow games to be published pre completion (e.g. Alpha and Beta). Currently DOTA 2 is 30 dollars and is in Beta or you canI really don't know whats with all the flack! i picked this game up a few days ago on steam and so did a few of my friends, we have already logged a good 5 hours or more per person and it has been a great game. Did it meet all the advertising no, but Steam does in fact allow games to be published pre completion (e.g. Alpha and Beta). Currently DOTA 2 is 30 dollars and is in Beta or you can "View" it for free. I do not agree with how it was posted that there would be all this stuff like a skill tree, you could drive cars and this and that, But as always when you get an uproar of people feeling like they got cheated from oh well there was supposed to be this cool thing. Chill out they will come. its like the whole up to 100 people per server. A lot of people complained because it was only around 50. It did state "UP TO". What I'm trying to say is for the state of this game it really is good, one of my friends who has played dayz said that he has enjoyed this better and its much easier to get into. Just give it a chance and I'm sure most of the people being vocal are probably mad because they can't get a grasp on how to play the game. We have been so babied in the last 5-10 years on what it expected out of a game. It is usually I need to start out with a good weapon, I can't die within an hour...well here there are no guarantee on what will happen you might be spawned for 3 minutes and still die. It may be zombies, it may be another player. That's the point of the game use your wits absolutely nothing will be handed to you on this game you have to scavenge. If getting handed things is what you expect in a real life scenario no matter what disaster it may be you are sadly mistaken. You need to work to survive! I really hope this helps people who are on the edge because of a bunch of people are mad because they cant survive. The game is still kinda buggy but it's still not completely finished. When it is this will be an absolutely wonderful game! Sorry for any bad grammar i just woke up lol. Expand
  42. Dec 21, 2012
    The game is still work in progress, but is absolutely worth purchasing at its price. Despite it being a raging troll magnet, it's definitely worth checking out. You get what it is; a zombie survival game, and more and more features are being added. I truely love this game.
  43. Dec 22, 2012
    This is seriously, the best game I've played all year. I have no idea how this masterpiece has a 1.1 average. WTF are you people playing. Obviously not the War Z. The animation quality is stellar and it makes combat a great pleasure. It's tough, but once you have a weapon it really feels like an authentic zombie survival experience. But the thing which most impressed me is how fair theThis is seriously, the best game I've played all year. I have no idea how this masterpiece has a 1.1 average. WTF are you people playing. Obviously not the War Z. The animation quality is stellar and it makes combat a great pleasure. It's tough, but once you have a weapon it really feels like an authentic zombie survival experience. But the thing which most impressed me is how fair the micro transactions are. You get useful upgrades and cosmetic options which I feel are really worth the money. It's great to run around with a firemans helmet and enjoy the game with a couple of friends. Well worth the money for the game and the countless dollars I've spent on revivals, hats and virtual food.
    A few more notes on this game: I LOVE how fall damage works, it's so realistic, and I like how it makes you think creatively to cross a river. I mean, swimming makes no sense, the water would probably be infected.
    Overall, a great experience which I would thoroughly recommend to anyone interested in quality fps zombie survival mmos.
  44. Dec 22, 2012
    The game is amazing!!! I have played since day 1 of alpha. The people that are raging about the game, just dont know how to play a zombie survival. I played day z , and War Z makes day z look like crap. War Z is only getting bigger and better. i cant wait for the upcoming features
  45. Dec 26, 2012
    I played since alpha and this game is great. Shure it has its flaws (devs beeing one of them) but it still offers the most rewarding and meaningfull PVP experiences ever... its close to EVE in a way it punishes death of your character. The game is smooth and kind of soothing, and then in times tense and freakishly intense when you walk into a action or a PVP situation, and there is no wayI played since alpha and this game is great. Shure it has its flaws (devs beeing one of them) but it still offers the most rewarding and meaningfull PVP experiences ever... its close to EVE in a way it punishes death of your character. The game is smooth and kind of soothing, and then in times tense and freakishly intense when you walk into a action or a PVP situation, and there is no way out to save yourself, you just need to win ;) Great game, all my friends are playing it with me and nobody is sorry for paying the money. Dont be a Hipster and just follow the masses, try the game and decide for yourself.
    Givitn it a 10!
  46. Dec 29, 2012
    Is the best zombie game, much better than dayz, the only problem are the crybabies who did not investigate before buying and later realized that the game is in beta.
  47. Dec 27, 2012
    I like this game Idk what everyone is talking about, the game works fine for me. I have yet to see a hacker, though I do stay in the lower population servers as I play solo. Its only in beta and its not like people were forced to buy the game.
  48. Jan 3, 2013
    The game can be categorized as a simulation and not action game. This is more like The Walk Dead universe and not the guns a blazing like the Left 4 Dead series. This game is a MMO game with features of trading, collection of items, cooperative play. This game is $15 USD however it uses free-to-play (or aka micro-transaction) strategies to pay for its online servers' maintenance costs.The game can be categorized as a simulation and not action game. This is more like The Walk Dead universe and not the guns a blazing like the Left 4 Dead series. This game is a MMO game with features of trading, collection of items, cooperative play. This game is $15 USD however it uses free-to-play (or aka micro-transaction) strategies to pay for its online servers' maintenance costs.

In the game you a survivor of zombie apocalypse. You find yourself without food, water, or companions. So you make your way to the nearest town. You look around for food and water avoiding zombies since you don't have any weapons. You find lots of food, and a gun. As you are scavenging the market place you find another survivor. She says she's hungry and you give her some of your food. She says thanks and goes on her way. You decide to check the back alley for supplies, survivor you meet earlier is there... pointing a gun at you. She orders you to drop your back pack and supplies. You need that food, there isn't anything left in this town and the next town is miles away. You still have the gun you found earlier in your underneath your shirt in the front. What do you do? Do you let her take all your supplies and hopefully be able to make it to the next town? Or do you kill her? In desperation you take out your gun and kill her before she kills you. Then you hear lots of zombies heading your way, it must have been the sound of the gun shots. You take what you can and race out of town for safety while shooting your way out. Now you have no bullets. On to the next town. Hopefully it will be a better day tomorrow.

The above is what happens to you in the game but I wrote it in story form.
  49. Jan 4, 2013
    This game is amazing, the graphics style is excellent and the amount of guns should keep you entertained for a while. 10/10 Has no bugs and no hackers. Perfect game, thankyou Hammerpoint.
  50. Jan 6, 2013
    Great game, Like Demon Souls with GUNS! I love how hardcore this game is I have killed and been killed many times, lost tons of loot and found some cool stuff. Now this game is a sandbox FPS zombie survival - EVERYTHING I wanted. I like Dayz but I like the gunplay in The War Z much better.

This game does catch much fodder for some reason, I think its mainly a small group being extremely vocal about how much they hate this game... that or they pissed that they lost their loot... LOL Its all part of the game now shut up and play.
  51. Jan 6, 2013
    Even though i only have guest passes i was in production before dayz and statistics show that more people are hackers in dayz than in warz making warz having a more fun aspect about it i really recomend this game my friends and i play this all the time. All these people that areposting are dayz fanboys. I bet half them have not even played the game. This game is a buy.
  52. Jan 11, 2013
    Yes, the game isn't finished. Yes, they show features on there website that haven't been implemented. Yes, they should really still call it Beta. Given all that, it is still the most fun I have had playing an online game in years.

Sure, other players will kill you in a heart beat. Sometimes you will be spawn killed. Most of the hacker problems have been fixed, but you might still be killed by one once in a while.

It's a survival game. Don't trust anyone. Toe up to any single zombie and bash him in the head, even with the lowly flashlight, and you will win. More than one zombie after you then run. Scavenge food and drinks you will need them. Scavenge armor, weapons, and bigger backpacks, they are quite rare. Don't run around with you flashlight out and telling everyone where you are, Don't run around out in the open in daylight. People are more dangerous than zombies. All in all the game is a flat out rush. try it. Ignore all the day-Z fanboys.
  53. Jun 20, 2013
    I'll tell you guys why i'll give the game 10/10

I'll tell you guys why i'll give the game 10/10

On the beginning, when the game was released. It indeed had a lot of problems. People could use hacks, false information on steam. I did buy the game on the release date. I also did enjoy it, but there always were the moments, when you see a hacker with a sniper rifle. He kills you, you die and loose all your stuff. Indeed it was annoying, but even with all those problems. Hammerpoint Interactive" did not give up. They tried to improve the game with everything they could e.g adding a punk buster. I'm playing the game as we speak. You certainly can see the improvement
  54. Jan 17, 2013
    Ignore the nerd rage, this game is COMPLETELY underscored. All these people bashing it are comparing it to Day Z, that's all they can do. That's like comparing Battlefield and Call of Duty, same concept, different game, both good. This game is in development and raters should grade it's gameplay and its potential COMBINED. Yes this game its problems but it is so much fun to play! Trying toIgnore the nerd rage, this game is COMPLETELY underscored. All these people bashing it are comparing it to Day Z, that's all they can do. That's like comparing Battlefield and Call of Duty, same concept, different game, both good. This game is in development and raters should grade it's gameplay and its potential COMBINED. Yes this game its problems but it is so much fun to play! Trying to survive and keep yourself away from people while looting towns is intense at times. It also has ton of potential when they add even more to this game, so go out and try it, and just ignore these ignoramuses. Collapse
  55. Mar 23, 2013
    Best game ever end of story.
  56. Feb 3, 2013
    I love this game, i don't know why people are so hateful on this game. It has a lot of potential, maybe you guys are missing the fact that it is only in beta. It is an amazing game.
  57. Feb 6, 2013
    its weird with someone who not like this game
    i trust this game will be nice ya i know it now its still many bugs/cheater here please know its preety new now right?
    this game is cool and have good graphic and nice idea reality game not like the other reality game the zombie can run like a sports car im trust this game will be a good game sometimes ya many features listed on steam r
    its weird with someone who not like this game

im trust this game will be a good game sometimes ya many features listed on steam r completely missing is they fault who promised some but its not a fact
    but someday they will prove it to you all
  58. Feb 10, 2013
    I don't understand why everyone hate this game. I could even say it has the same quality as DayZ, and probably a bit better. The graphics are great, the game server does not lag at all. Of course, there has some problem with releasing the game on Steam with some features that are not yet in the game, but the game is great as it is right now.

I haven't met any bugs, any hacker, and only

I haven't met any bugs, any hacker, and only one glitch. But I know that the hackers are really here, but Ive never been killed by a hacker. The game has a great potential and I really want to see how they will have implemented the features they announced when they released the very first version of the game. They don`t work really fast, maybe because of their lack of experience that some people think they have, but at least they deliver what I paid for when I bough my Legend package.

You may read a lot of negative critics here or on other sites, but these are only DayZ fanboy who doesn't want to see DayZ be forgotten. Also remember that when someone don't have a problem with it, they don't always write a critic about it, because they think that someone else already did, and the score is high.

Buy the game if you like zombies game, it is cheaper than DayZ right now and totally worth the 15$.
  59. Feb 12, 2013
    This is a great game, the Dev team is now doing a great job! I haven't seen a hacker in a LONG time, Server Hoping is now almost impossible, new items being introduced into the game, lots of map work/implemented features being added/improved. The game has improved ALOT since it was released into testing. But everyone till needs to remember it is in BETA, it's not officially released yet.This is a great game, the Dev team is now doing a great job! I haven't seen a hacker in a LONG time, Server Hoping is now almost impossible, new items being introduced into the game, lots of map work/implemented features being added/improved. The game has improved ALOT since it was released into testing. But everyone till needs to remember it is in BETA, it's not officially released yet. It's not a clone either like everyone says it is...It's called Competition! They have every right to create a game that is similar to DayZ, all they wanted to do was try to be in the market as well. Expand
  60. Feb 18, 2013
    Great game from an indie developer, not polished, but I like to see it as a work in progress, and I've already got more than 10x worth out of the cheap game cost
  61. Feb 20, 2013
    All the hate is just some DayZ Fan boys hating The WarZ, The warZ is just like jumping right in to the strawberry river, its the best thing can ever play, ok thoe, it has som bugs and glitches but SERUSLY. its the best game ever made, Im a real fan of The elder scrolls, and i need to say bye bye to Skyrim because Im going to play The WarZ. i promisse you its worth evry single penny!!. byAll the hate is just some DayZ Fan boys hating The WarZ, The warZ is just like jumping right in to the strawberry river, its the best thing can ever play, ok thoe, it has som bugs and glitches but SERUSLY. its the best game ever made, Im a real fan of The elder scrolls, and i need to say bye bye to Skyrim because Im going to play The WarZ. i promisse you its worth evry single penny!!. by the way dont trow hate on it because u died 10 seconds after you spawned (if thats true then Ur a EXTREMELY NOOB) just make a new character and give it a new chance. The WarZ 10/10 Easy! And Remember its just in Beta now.... Expand
  62. Feb 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Its a good game after copple of patches and now its nice game when you play with friends or in clan its a awsome game! the beginning of warz is bad now its a very nice game! Expand
  63. Feb 26, 2013
    Best game ever
    everthing is perfect

Inglés

Español

Portugués

graphics, story, sound, animation, weapons, maps, pvp, stock

the best are the zombies, zombies never saw better, look real
  64. Feb 27, 2013
    Many have criticized this game did in Alpha stage.
    This game is good, still needs a lot of corrections.
    It has good gameplay, beautiful graphics and provides plenty of fun!
    I hope the team keep up the good work to solve ALL the problems we are facing.
  65. Feb 27, 2013
    I thoroughly enjoy this game. It has had many ups and down along the road and has had flamers the entire way who simply did not want to credit someone whom they feel stole the idea when they simply wanted to make something to be enjoyed. I still credit most of the hard times in developing this game to the people who have made hacks for it. Really? :P They slowed this entire process downI thoroughly enjoy this game. It has had many ups and down along the road and has had flamers the entire way who simply did not want to credit someone whom they feel stole the idea when they simply wanted to make something to be enjoyed. I still credit most of the hard times in developing this game to the people who have made hacks for it. Really? :P They slowed this entire process down with their easily avoided issues. However, with the death of around 90% of the hackers the game has finally started releasing good content and frequently doing so. I can only see it going uphill from here on out. Expand
  66. Mar 1, 2013
    bad comments refear to december ..so the pre alpha, worst way was to launch a non finish game;
    btw i'm playing from a month and the game is really cool, i'm having fun with friends
  67. Mar 2, 2013
    This game is not bad, It's even worth buying the weapons, and extra supplies with real money. I got banned for the first time buying it, but I bought another one, so it works out well.
  68. Jun 21, 2013
    i finally got the game during recent steam 75% off sale and i have to say its loads of fun to play.

it plays, runs, looks and sounds great and ive really haven't had any real problems to speak of. sure a lot of people have many good reasons to be upset with how the game was released. but they've made a lot of improvements in the last 6 months and it shows. from the skill tree to

but they've made a lot of improvements in the last 6 months and it shows. from the skill tree to the punk buster support that keeps hackers away.

and they've also done a lot of tweaks that make it play and look much better.

also they include to work on it. you can see that from the regular releases that improve the game to the developer diaries where they discuss in detail what they are working on for the future.

also if your not into pvp solor there are a great many clans and free private pve servers. so don't let all the noise about the horrors of pvp stop you from getting this game. just one one of them.

so if you have not already purchased it wait for the next big sale and get it!

finally im giving it a 10 instead of the 7-8 i would like to give it to offset the countless trolls and griefers, many that don't even own or play the game, who have given it a 0-1. and while its not a 10 its not a 0!
  69. Mar 5, 2013
    I have played this game for a few months now and while it certainly has his flaws, I severely enjoy it as of today still. It has steadily been improving with patches and updates and for 15$, I would say this definitely is a great one in my book.
  70. Mar 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is 10/10 this is what i need to tell.
    All are saying this is a game but is not,just let them make it better let them time.
    This is what i want to say abut this game
  71. Mar 7, 2013
    um ótimo jogo, no istilo que eu gosto, dificil, bem dificil, recomendo a todos!!!
    o pessoal que esta colocando o jogo como fraco, aposto que foram pegos com hack
  72. Mar 9, 2013
    i pre-ordered this game glad i did, you people need to stop sucking on the balls of dayz arma leave us the hell alone. if you actually played the game or spoke to some of its real players maybe you would have a different opinion but no you are all small minded fools being led a merry dance. just get on with it, you play your game and we will play ours. all warz haters are dayz fanboys,i pre-ordered this game glad i did, you people need to stop sucking on the balls of dayz arma leave us the hell alone. if you actually played the game or spoke to some of its real players maybe you would have a different opinion but no you are all small minded fools being led a merry dance. just get on with it, you play your game and we will play ours. all warz haters are dayz fanboys, typical ain't it, trying to get the game to fail. i got news for ya, AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. Expand
  73. Mar 31, 2013
    WarZ is a game that about survival you have to find food water supply weap for survive and survive thousand zombie (Infected) you can make a team to stronger and you can choose to be Bandit Or Lawman killing people for supply or giving people a supply this game is very very awesome I LOVE THIS GAME but it's have a some glitch and bug but it's ok
  74. Mar 22, 2013
    "Haters gonna hate." I can truly say that this game is underrated due to the hater.There were mistakes which the game's company did but this reason can't make the game trash.They're trying to make this game better nowadays.They release new updates at least once in 2 weeks.That's good for a game which is still developing.If you're reading this post and about to buy this game, just buy"Haters gonna hate." I can truly say that this game is underrated due to the hater.There were mistakes which the game's company did but this reason can't make the game trash.They're trying to make this game better nowadays.They release new updates at least once in 2 weeks.That's good for a game which is still developing.If you're reading this post and about to buy this game, just buy it.I believe that other reviews are written on purpose to damage the game... Expand
  75. Mar 22, 2013
    I do not understand the hater of this game. The War Z is still developing game and owners trying to make the game better. I believe it is %100 worth to buy.(do not listen to the hater)
  76. Mar 24, 2013
    The game has potential and is very enjoyable, i found myself enjoying it more then any other survival game. I would honestly recommend this to all my friends.
  77. May 10, 2013
    The game has a lot of bugs and cheaters but fix everything. Banish those who use booster, apologizing for various problems and give gc. I would recommend that fun to play with friends.
  78. Apr 20, 2013
    Seit den neuen Updates ist das spiel besser geworden und ich finde dieses Spiel hat großes Potential wenn die Macher des Spiels noch mehr bug-fixes machen wir dieses Game ein voller erfolg
  79. Jun 13, 2013
    Este juego puede crecer a mejor si los jugadores ayudamos a los creadores a mejorarlo. Un juego de este estilo nunca lo había visto: cruel, lleno de zombis y jugadores un tanto "malvados". Un juego que puede darle a un grupo de amigos unas semanas de risas y de auténtico miedo. Crea tu clan, coge vuestros coches y sobrevive, una experiencia muy cercana a "The Walking Dead". Hagamos queEste juego puede crecer a mejor si los jugadores ayudamos a los creadores a mejorarlo. Un juego de este estilo nunca lo había visto: cruel, lleno de zombis y jugadores un tanto "malvados". Un juego que puede darle a un grupo de amigos unas semanas de risas y de auténtico miedo. Crea tu clan, coge vuestros coches y sobrevive, una experiencia muy cercana a "The Walking Dead". Hagamos que esos "jugadores" que usan Cheats acaben expulsados y baneados, pidamos mejoras al juego (más gráficos, más añadidos, quizás una traducción de textos, etc...." y este juego se podria convertir en un clásico. Paciencia y disfrutemos! Expand
  80. Jun 16, 2013
    Amazing gameplay, its like cod but pay to win, and i am rich. Very fun and easy to get used to fun to wreak people. It's like skyrim with guns. It has amazing graphics on a next generation engine, the ai are very intellegent and it surpasses alot of games, like very bad half life 2.
  81. Jun 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i think this game is great sure it may have some dificult things wrong but it isnt so complicated like day z i bought that game and downloded the mod and still i could not join even 1 server on it so insted of nagging like piriot crazy teens calm your titts put your tampongs in and go out and get a life gaming is what you do when your bored not all day and night like some lonley Wow nerd! so stop being like small suckers and stop complaining its a game not a life stop thinking you are some game expert your not your just some peice of with a keyboard it makes me sad just watching how pathetic you are! Expand
  82. Nov 30, 2013
    Great game! love the PVP and PVE combat. The fact that you can swim and bleed to death is also just... just great. Hopefully retards will stop hating the game because they don't understand the mechanics and are trying to play it like DayZ.
  83. Jul 20, 2013
    bon jeu de survie en espérant que les développeur prendront soin de ce petit mmo pour les fan de the walking dead. un peu hardcore c est pour sa que certain noob l on descendu.
  84. Jul 22, 2013
    I just can't understand why are there so many bad comments. I bought the game for 3,50 and I consider it a good deal. It is giving me a lot of entertainment, though i have to admit that the only way to play this game is with friends; it's really really hard, and if you play alone can be quite frustrating, but when you team up with your friends it's really fun. IMAO those who gave badI just can't understand why are there so many bad comments. I bought the game for 3,50 and I consider it a good deal. It is giving me a lot of entertainment, though i have to admit that the only way to play this game is with friends; it's really really hard, and if you play alone can be quite frustrating, but when you team up with your friends it's really fun. IMAO those who gave bad ratings just need to play with friends and get a little more skill. It's not an easy game but it has a lot of potential;

There are some annoying bugs but in my opinion they don't affect the gameplay.
    Considering that I paid it 3,50 i'm absolutely satisfied.

I would give it a 7,5 but i give 10 in order to raise the ratings.
  85. Jul 25, 2013
    It's amazing zombie survival game! You must buy it, if you like zombie survival games. Game has got updates every month, and becomes better everyday! Such an amazing job
  86. Aug 3, 2013
    The best game ever. I dont know why the people talking bad about it. Its just for pros not for noobs. And everyone who said its bad just get killed one time and quit the game.
  87. Aug 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I recommend this game to every one the Pvp Is amazing and the zombies get you when they can.
    And I love the reputation feature of the game is amazing.10/10
  88. Sep 30, 2013
    the best zombie game i have ever played love it 2 survife GOOD JOB GUYS verry nice gameplay with friends verry good hahaha and im playing this game from the beginning and its getting beter and beter every week updates cool stuff and bug fixes goed job guys
  89. Aug 31, 2013
    It is true that the game has a worse past behind. but appear since (much too early) of game has changed a lot. most of the bugs have been removed, the graphics has been improved, it runs generally more stable than a half a year ago. also been made ​​by an end punkbuster the cheaters. and there are regularly published the patches the game continue to improve. clear, there are still a fewIt is true that the game has a worse past behind. but appear since (much too early) of game has changed a lot. most of the bugs have been removed, the graphics has been improved, it runs generally more stable than a half a year ago. also been made ​​by an end punkbuster the cheaters. and there are regularly published the patches the game continue to improve. clear, there are still a few minor bugs, is a little rough for sure, but it has its charming. And for the beginner, a great power is behind this game as shown.

Incidentally, I apologize for my lousy english.
    greetings from Germany ^ ^
  90. Sep 17, 2013
    DayZ fanboys have obviously been here writing negative crap about this game and down-voting user reviews, shame on you people for ruining this game's reputation.
    The game as it is today (September 2013) it works pretty well. The graphics isn't _that_ bad as someone said in one of the other reviews.
    * There are 100 people servers. * There are different kind of servers. * Zombies do get
    * There are 100 people servers.
    * There are different kind of servers.
    * Zombies do get bugged (spawning inside stairs or rocks for example) but I rarely see that.
    * You can't swim which is a bit annoying.
    * I don't know about hit boxes but they seem to work pretty well for me.

Honestly, I don't see what all the fuzz is about but all the bad reviews are from 2012 so maybe the game was horrible back then or it is what I wrote in the beginning of my review which is more likely.
    Also: All the features on the Steam store page is in the game.
  91. Sep 24, 2013
    Un jeu qui reflète la personnalité des hommes et plus particulièrement leurs "crevardise".
    En effet, ce jeu est GÉNIAL, les gens qui y joue eux laisse désiré.
    +300h de jeu pour 13€... What Else
  92. Oct 10, 2013
    Infestation:survivors stories is just a game that is being improved once or twice a month... game still (BETA) and have big amount of errors and things to fix or repair...I really like this game and I know it is going to be better than DayZ...the moves of zombies atacks, actions, weapons and map quality....Dont throw this game to the bin before it's finish and improvements ok?
    Regards
  93. Oct 14, 2013
    Perfect game! I have dumped thousands of hours in to DayZ and this had all of the features I wish dayz had. Unlike DayZ this game is highly pvp oriented and zombies are very unforgiving, This makes most of the reviewers hate on this game. When it first came out it was still in beta but they didn't label it publicly causing meta critic to give it one of the lowest scores in history. If thisPerfect game! I have dumped thousands of hours in to DayZ and this had all of the features I wish dayz had. Unlike DayZ this game is highly pvp oriented and zombies are very unforgiving, This makes most of the reviewers hate on this game. When it first came out it was still in beta but they didn't label it publicly causing meta critic to give it one of the lowest scores in history. If this was reviewed to today's game play it would be an 8 or 9. Expand
  94. Oct 17, 2013
    This game is ****
    BUT i give it 10 Points just for fun!
    Your review must be at least 150 characters long.
    Your review must be at least 150 characters long.
  95. Oct 30, 2013
    El juego a mejorado mucho desde su salida, la mayoria que critican al juego son hackers que han sido banneados, o gente que le cuesta mucho perder objetos cuando los matan, el juego se sale, y con el nuevo mapa esta muy bien. MUY RECOMENDADO!
  96. Oct 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Este juego a cambiado mucho, y cada vez esta mejorando, sé que antes habían la de fallos! pero VOTAR nuevamente a este lugar de criticas para apoyarles por la mejora que ha hecho infestation survivor stories. Expand
  97. Nov 2, 2013
    I am sorry for those who feel scorned that bought into the game when it was new... BUT... i just paid $3 for this game and have been co-oping with mates for the last 2 days and having a hell of a fun time. Sure its a bit buggy and stodgy in places but I am ranking this game based on its $3 price and for that it is bargain and amazing and have given me more entertainment than some AAAI am sorry for those who feel scorned that bought into the game when it was new... BUT... i just paid $3 for this game and have been co-oping with mates for the last 2 days and having a hell of a fun time. Sure its a bit buggy and stodgy in places but I am ranking this game based on its $3 price and for that it is bargain and amazing and have given me more entertainment than some AAA titles. At its $15 price I would still give it an 8 or 7.5 as long as you have mates to play with. Expand
  98. mou
    Nov 4, 2013
    I actually don't understand why people hate it, I got it for 3$ and I think even for 15$ it worth the shot.
    realistic, good quality, awesome environment, sometimes it can be boring when you walk and players are dangerous in game that might be one reason why people dont like it (you can lose all your stuff in seconds but you can save it in settlements too don't worry)
    plus they are adding
    plus they are adding vehicules it will be even better, I can't wait to see that

and people saying stuff like:
    'invisible walls' yes, we call it border map
    cheaters are banned (i can see it of course there is a lot)
    its not that buggy, and when it is you can blame stupid haters that are ddosing servers
    clans are free
    there are private servers
  99. Nov 24, 2013
    buen juego la verdad solo les falta arreglar los bugs y poner mas updates y seria uno de los mejores del estilo supervivencia nada mas qe dacir recomendado
  100. Nov 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The better game ever made.
    The problem is the Developper team, they are so much bad.
    If they sell the propriets of Infestation to EA, or Microsoft, or another, the game will respawn.
  101. Jan 17, 2013

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.