• Publisher: Isotx
  • Release Date: Sep 30, 2011
7.3

1. Nov 3, 2011
    OK.. hmmm, When you start the game could be a little bit overwhelming, and I guess not a very casual silly browser game, if that's what you were looking for. But after the initial shock, and especially if you do the tutorial, you can get sucked in pretty fast.
    You won't find any base building there, so it's not strategic in THAT sense - though you can research new weapons and such. Just produce a coupla weapons and roll straight to battle, this is where the most of the fun is in this game. I got to play a few very interesting battles that were decided to win or loss on one unit, and sometimes one shot, so the balance is pretty neat, making the battles exciting.
    I'll give the game only an 8 now, because I'm waiting for the PvP to come out - I think I read that it's in a matter of weeks. Then I can give is a 9... or even more.
  2. Oct 6, 2011
    This game is an "Acquired Taste". One game I wouldn't recommend to everyone because it takes a certain individual to find games such as Iron Grip to be enjoyable. I found this browser type game to be relaxing. I don't have to think on the fly, I can thoroughly investigate my battlefield options, and plan my attacks accordingly. There isn't the stress of time, though I may like to speedThis game is an "Acquired Taste". One game I wouldn't recommend to everyone because it takes a certain individual to find games such as Iron Grip to be enjoyable. I found this browser type game to be relaxing. I don't have to think on the fly, I can thoroughly investigate my battlefield options, and plan my attacks accordingly. There isn't the stress of time, though I may like to speed ahead, this game forces me to take breaks because of the constraint on energy which replenishes one per hour. I never find myself playing more than an 1 hour every 4-6 hours because most actions take a decent amount of energy to start. There are missions that are instant, you can play immediately, while others take a decent amount of time before you'll be able to play and even then there is a percentage that you have to do anything at all. Missions have difficulty rating so if your not sure of your battle prowess, there isn't any shame in taking it easy and playing to your ability. My advice to new players is to explore the interface, take a gander at the game's library, and ask players for help. Don't mind the lost battles, plenty will come. Be grateful there are breaks because if you come to a losing streak you will go mad. There are bugs to be squashed which takes time. I am having issues with running the battle client(sluggish/lag/freeze), some information about certain things may be off, may be too difficult even when setting on the lowest difficulty, overlooking all of that, I very much enjoyed playing this game. Expand
  3. Nov 3, 2011
    Just came across this game after reading about a new patch coming out in 2011. I like the the Iron Grip games so I gave it a go and ...I'm loving it.
  4. Nov 3, 2011
    I'm a big fan of games like XCOM, and so was pleased to see these guys were inspired by it. Great game, could use with some more stuff to do, but other than that, I'm sticking with this one!
  5. Oct 29, 2011
    I love this game because of its pace. There are many awesome games and I still prefer to spend 1-2 hour a day playing Marauders. Battles can be boring or exciting. Once you master easy levels you can focus on advanced levels... and then you will know how good you really are. :-)

Games has a lot of potential and I am looking forward to new regions. Oh... the most important part. This is a free to play game... IG: Marauders is one of the games where real money can buy you only so much. Love it
  6. Nov 3, 2011
    Great game. Strategy in the 3d game could be a bit more elaborate on the higher levels, but with new stuff on the way, this shows good promise. I like the freedom of unit movement, although it also makes the line of sight stuff pretty hardcore, and I think has some bugs. It needs PVP though, then I'll give it a 10 :P
  7. Nov 4, 2011
    A game for those who love slow-paced, turn-based tactical gameplay. The ease of play (being completely browser based), and the fact that you can stop playing during a battle, and return a day later and finish the battle is a relief for me and my busy schedule. The community is fun as well, and the Devs for once take the time to help and listen. Let's hope PvP will come soon (I thought IA game for those who love slow-paced, turn-based tactical gameplay. The ease of play (being completely browser based), and the fact that you can stop playing during a battle, and return a day later and finish the battle is a relief for me and my busy schedule. The community is fun as well, and the Devs for once take the time to help and listen. Let's hope PvP will come soon (I thought I saw a promo post of it on their site). Expand
  8. Nov 11, 2011
    Game is highly addictive. Turn based, browser game. Tutorial can get you fast in the game. I guess this game is not for everyone but as i see in the chat, lot of people have fun playing it. PVP is coming, new area too, so i'm confident the game will last. Developper are often online and community is alive.

I have lot of fun!
  9. Nov 12, 2011
    Technically, as a web based game this is surprisingly well done. The isometric graphics may not be up there with the triple A RTS games, they feel more like Transport Tycoon but that works just fine for me. We all know what this game is really all about though; get you hooked on the upgrade train and artificially limit you just enough to make you open your wallet. And I would pay to playTechnically, as a web based game this is surprisingly well done. The isometric graphics may not be up there with the triple A RTS games, they feel more like Transport Tycoon but that works just fine for me. We all know what this game is really all about though; get you hooked on the upgrade train and artificially limit you just enough to make you open your wallet. And I would pay to play this game, if it wasn't for one HUGE problem: It cheats. And not in those subtle ways that game designers sometimes use to work around the fact that on equal terms a human will always beat a game AI. By the time you reach level 10 and play a level 10 mission, the AI is able to field an army three times the size of yours, with units unavailable to you for atleast 3 or 4 levels. Still think that's okay? Well, how about the AI completely ignoring things like line of sight (they can fire through buildings and terrain while you can't), elevation (they can fire uphill, you can't) and Fog of War (the AI artillery units don't need spotters, they always know where you are, while you are ofcourse blind) You see, if you opened your wallet before that point, chances are you have a few "gems" (the in-game currency you pay real money for) that will help you compensate for the AI cheating. And if you already paid some, you want to get your money's worth by playing some more, right? Except the only way you can win after a while is by paying more. You will keep paying until the game becomes so ridiculously unfair you finally walk away. And before you ask, no I didn't pay anything. The ruse is just too obvious. Save yourself the frustration of what this game could have been like if it was designed to actually be fun instead of just screwing with your head. Expand
  10. Jan 27, 2012
    This is a great game, because it is very unique. Unlike those other browser games this has many elements that make the experience more fun. First you see that it looks like a normal browser game with energy points and missions. Then you go fight you first battle and thats what makes this game unique. The battles are turn based and you get to choose who you want to deploy in your group.This is a great game, because it is very unique. Unlike those other browser games this has many elements that make the experience more fun. First you see that it looks like a normal browser game with energy points and missions. Then you go fight you first battle and thats what makes this game unique. The battles are turn based and you get to choose who you want to deploy in your group. Your units you is from going back to the browser and making new units. Then by researching different upgrades you can choose to either deploy lv 1 units or lv 2 units. Then comes the hero's you first get to choose between 2 hero's. One is this huge tank that is good against armor. Another is a Sniper unit that is good against infantry. Also the more you use them the more experience you get for them which can cause them to lv up. Though the only complaint about this game is the shadow glitches when fighting can sometimes ruin the scenery. In conclusion is...8/10 for fighting and pvp. 9/10 for the amount of material you can use. 10/10 for the theme. And the enjoyment is 10/10 Expand
  11. Feb 14, 2012
    Great game, very unique gameplay. You do need to take your time for it since its not an easy game to understand straight away. I can say its worth it!
tbd