Ironclad Tactics PC

7.2

1. Jun 14, 2015
    First off, this was not an enjoyable game. The gameplay was bland, the UI was not good, the story seemed slow and stupid. I just didn't like it and I have too many good games to play. I won't even waste my time on mediocre games, and this isn't even that.
  2. May 20, 2014
    Funny game.Youll learn quick how to play and youll get rewarded quickly.There are some nice cards with funny effects.What bothers me is this:There is not that much variation.You can mix up to 2 sets(like army+indians), not more.That prevents you from using too strong combos but at the same time it takes away opportunitys because there are not that many cards available.But all in all theFunny game.Youll learn quick how to play and youll get rewarded quickly.There are some nice cards with funny effects.What bothers me is this:There is not that much variation.You can mix up to 2 sets(like army+indians), not more.That prevents you from using too strong combos but at the same time it takes away opportunitys because there are not that many cards available.But all in all the game is solid.Dont expect something that entertains you for days.It lasts for a couple of hours but you will enjoy these hours.The story is fun. Expand
  3. Sep 23, 2014
    awwh whatta waste of TIME, i should had listened to everybody, :S should had noticed the lousy interest of valuable critics, and limitation of the personell of the company.
  4. Sep 25, 2013
    With its grid-based interface, this game is easily comparable to titles such as Plants vs Zombies.Whereas both players have the same objective to gain 5 points worth of your units crossing into enemy borders. As a strategy game is does keep you thinking on what is your next move, but eventually the games too repetitive. However, true to its design, the game keeps its steam punk-ish styleWith its grid-based interface, this game is easily comparable to titles such as Plants vs Zombies.Whereas both players have the same objective to gain 5 points worth of your units crossing into enemy borders. As a strategy game is does keep you thinking on what is your next move, but eventually the games too repetitive. However, true to its design, the game keeps its steam punk-ish style and the story is engaging enough to keep you playing for awhile. Multiplayer, however, is slightly broken as few players play it and this makes the game lack replay-ability value.
    In conclusion, for its relatively low cost of $15+ it may be worth supporting this indie game, but I wouldn't really recommend it unless you are fine playing strategy-intensive turn based games.Using comics to tell the story is relatively a bonus as well.
  5. Sep 20, 2013
    The best way I can describe the game play would be like.... Plants vs Zombies, if both sides played Zombies.

It took me around 6-7 hours to beat. It was fairly challenging and decently rewarding. It's by the guys who made Space Chem (Space Chem was on of the few puzzle games I couldn't finish, and this game is definitely not as difficult). Unfortunately, like many other

Unfortunately, like many other puzzle/strategy games this has very little replay value. I was unable to find anyone else on the web to try a PvP match with, but I'm not sure this is the type of game I would want to play against other players. Still, I think $15 is a reasonable price for 6 hours of entertainment from an indie game.

Lastly, the story was somewhat lacking, BUT it did have a great ending

1. Nov 18, 2013
    Unlike casual tower defense games, Ironclad Tactics is not a laid-back experience. You’ll definitely have to use your brain in this one, albeit it’s a far cry from hardcore CCGs.
  2. PC Gamer UK
    Nov 6, 2013
    A clever reworking of the card-based strategy game formula. [Dec 2013, p.94]
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Oct 28, 2013
    Versatile, detailed play combines with alternative history to provide hours of squishing little men under heavy automatons. [Nov 2013, p.84]